PDA

View Full Version : Spence says permission given to demolish Listed school

imager
29-09-2012, 14:30
GCC Giving Tims a green light for a hotel and museum, GCC providing most of the funding.

mad4rfcme
29-09-2012, 14:31
No surprise with that lot.

dooman42
Taig scum the whole lot of that shower of shite

Sir Duncan Ferguson
Did you hear his last sentence ?

"Most neutral observers would welcome this"

Why Spence felt the need for that is beyond me. Couldn't help but mention "the Celtic triangle" about 27 times as well

dublinbluenose
29-09-2012, 14:32
Who would have thought it eh:roll:

imager
29-09-2012, 14:33

Why Spence felt the need for that is beyond me

we know why, hes a twisted piece of sh.ite.

blackyboy
29-09-2012, 14:33
GCC Giving Tims a green light for a hotel and museum, GCC providing most of the funding.

What? When their budget is up the swanny and they are having to pay off people? I would not be a happy employee of GCC if I knew money was being spent like that, when people may lose their jobs.

imager
29-09-2012, 14:34
Who would have thought it eh:roll:

Bears who vote for these corrupt bas.tards really need to take a long hard look in the mirror.

RonBurgundy74

Why Spence felt the need for that is beyond me. Couldn't help but mention "the Celtic triangle" about 27 times as well

He is a bitter, twisted Ginger ****.

derek145
So GDC announce 50M cut backs in public services but can find the money to fund Celtic's regeneration?

imager
What? When their budget is up the swanny and they are having to pay off people?

they always find money for their team.

Jaws II
why are you listening to this shower of shite, CG has banned them so why dont the support?

lone_ranger
29-09-2012, 14:35
Spence also got a wee bit in at the end of that piece stating most " Neutral Observers" would welcome it. Why on earth would he mention it in a piece at a Dundee game I dont know.Also referred to this as the development of the "Celtic triangle" The development was held up pending permission to demolish the London Rd Primary School which has listed status. All very strange. Apparently private funding as well as Celtic FC will fund this as. GCC will also build new housing as part of a wider development of the area around the piggery.

BroomhouseBear
Heard it myself. There were careful to mention several times that the scum are putting in their own cash. No figures were mentioned.

I'd be VERY interested to here what % of the total cost of this development that lot are funding, given that they will be the main benefactors of it. The Commonwealth Games will benefit for a month or so. The scum will benefit for years from a hotel, museum and a complete redevelopment of all the access routes and surroundings of their stadium. If they are putting in anything less than 75% of the cost of this it's a feckin scandal.

I suspect the final figures will be kept far from public view.

Sam_English
Now, there's a susprise, eh ?

Sir Duncan Ferguson
29-09-2012, 14:36
Spence also got a wee bit in at the end of that piece stating most " Neutral Observers" would welcome it. Why on earth would he mention it in a piece at a Dundee game I dont know.Also he stated called it the development of the "Celtic triangle" The development was held up pending permission to demolish the London Rd Primary School which has listed status. All very strange. Apparently private funding as well as Celtic FC will fund this as. GCC will also build new housing as part of a wider development of the area around the piggery.

He also insisted it was all to do with the Commonwealth Games.

What a Celtic museum has to do with the Commonwealth Games is beyond me

ikip loyal
29-09-2012, 14:36
Contrary to EU and Uefa regulations.............get the emails rollin :ninja:

lone_ranger
29-09-2012, 14:37
Surely this information will be in the public domain?

Steadfast
29-09-2012, 14:37
It's almost as if GCC is just thumbing their nose at us. I welcome redevelopment of the east end but this is blatantly an effort to help the fenians while using the Commonwealth games as a cover.

Is there anywhere we can raise our complaints RE publc money going towards aiding one individual company for sinister reasons?

Preferably a UK body as opposed to a Scottish one; the taig tentacles are far too long reaching for any Scottish body to be trustworthy now.

ikip loyal
29-09-2012, 14:38
Spence also got a wee bit in at the end of that piece stating most " Neutral Observers" would welcome it. Why on earth would he mention it in a piece at a Dundee game I dont know.Also referred to this as the development of the "Celtic triangle" The development was held up pending permission to demolish the London Rd Primary School which has listed status. All very strange. Apparently private funding as well as Celtic FC will fund this as. GCC will also build new housing as part of a wider development of the area around the piggery.

To replace the one demolished to accomodate the glitterdome

imager
29-09-2012, 14:39

and conference facilities???

servicepoint
29-09-2012, 14:39
Pretty disgraceful but like everything else that they get into and control , they do as they please, make and break rules to suit and generally ruin everything.

90minbear
29-09-2012, 14:40
Bears who vote for these corrupt bas.tards really need to take a long hard look in the mirror.

So we have not to vote Labour nor SNP so who do we vote for. Don't say the Tory party...hardly worth the walk to the polling station.

Bluerod
29-09-2012, 14:41
Heard it myself. There were careful to mention several times that the scum are putting in their own cash. No figures were mentioned.

I'd be VERY interested to here what % of the total cost of this development that lot are funding, given that they will be the main benefactors of it. The Commonwealth Games will benefit for a month or so. The scum will benefit for years from a hotel, museum and a complete redevelopment of all the access routes and surroundings of their stadium. If they are putting in anything less than 75% of the cost of this it's a feckin scandal.

I suspect the final figures will be kept far from public view.

FOI to GCC will get the answer

Halfwaythere
29-09-2012, 14:43
The area around Parkhead is already looking light years better than what it was. With further development it will end up looking first class, the biggest percentage funded by local and national tax payers.

Stivenstoune
It truly disgusts me that this is happening.

GF
So the council is skint but they can afford to help fund the Taigs.

Lance Uppercut
29-09-2012, 14:45
Pretty disgraceful but like everything else that they get into and control , they do as they please, make and break rules to suit and generally ruin everything.

Fixed that for you....

superger
29-09-2012, 14:46
The day The Piggery was bizarrely and inexplicably " picked " to host the Games Opening Ceremony, an announcement to flatten Hampden should also have been given out. What is the point of a National Stadium at Hampden when it was deliberately overlooked in order to fund The Bheasts under the guise of " regeneration ". ? It is clear and open corruption.

Dave Angell
29-09-2012, 14:47

Probably the same amount the yahoos paid Glasgow City Council the last time they done a land deal with them when they rebuilt the piggery. What was it ? A pound ? A penny ?

ikip loyal
29-09-2012, 14:47
http://ec.europa.eu/competition/forms/intro_en.html

crookie_bear
29-09-2012, 14:48
You do know we can vote some of the f@ckers out!

All it would take would be a wee sentence from CG mentioning the state and neglect of the G51 area, comparing it to the regeneration of the filths area.......followed by "Our fans really need to think twice when they go to the polls" ............ooft @rses collapsing all over the place.

BroomhouseBear
29-09-2012, 14:48

Spot on. Same goes for the museum, conference facilities and the hotel. In fact everything about it. Nothing being built for this development is essential for the Commonwealth games:

Museum for that lot - nothing whatsoever to do with the games
Hotel - Glasgow has enough hotels to host a Champions League final. Only extra accommodation needed is the athletes village, which is already dealt with.
Conference facilities - again, feck all to do with games. If meeting facilities are needed then they're available in all the hotels mentioned above. Conference facilities are already available in c*ltic park, Tollcross swimming baths and I'd be fairly certain meeting rooms etc. will be part of all the new complexes being built.

bluebuck
29-09-2012, 14:49
Thank f@uk i dont live in glasgow.. More full o shite than fatty in Edinburgh

budman
29-09-2012, 14:50
A lot of posters on here will have VOTED these corrupt ****s in, when will bears wake up and stop voting rc loving scum season ticket holders into the glasgow city council.:mad:

Catatonic
Here's the plans, still be a dump. :D

http://pdfserver3c.glasgowcitycouncil.co.uk/WAM/doc/Correspondence-411478.pdf?extension=.pdf&id=411478&location=Volume2&contentType=&pageCount=1

davie1
Surely this information will be in the public domain?

Its got to be

Sam_English
So the council is skint but they can afford to help fund the Taigs.

Papes helping Papes

LBB
Check out my article - Beware Of A Bigotfest - on pages 7 and 8 of the latest issue of Follow Follow.

imager
So we have not to vote Labour nor SNP so who do we vote for. Don't say the Tory party...hardly worth the walk to the polling station.

that kind of attitude is why the Tim GCC can help fund the filth.

Ricky Bobby
29-09-2012, 14:51

Exactly. Out of decency (no laughing) the museum should not be put in place before or during the games.

The fact this will receive public funding is shocking. The GCC already pay many 100k more per year to celtic fc than they do to Rangers for various services. When was the last time RFC got a hand up?

Fans of other clubs across Scotland must be made aware of what is going on here. Does any other club get such a helping hand from the government or media? Where does this leave the integrity of football in Scotland when one is so favoured (and ironically is the one which has a turnover x10 of the other clubs). It's actually sickening.

bluenose_andy
29-09-2012, 14:52
Suppose at least a hotel in the east end will keep some o the travelling unwashed out o the town when the mhanks are at home

lone_ranger
29-09-2012, 14:52
This is an opportunity for a blog along the lines of the RTC to be set up.Plenty of scope here for issues to be aired in public.

sunnyjim
29-09-2012, 14:54
Isnt that financial doping ?

davie1
29-09-2012, 14:54
Here's the plans, still be a dump. :D

http://pdfserver3c.glasgowcitycouncil.co.uk/WAM/doc/Correspondence-411478.pdf?extension=.pdf&id=411478&location=Volume2&contentType=&pageCount=1

your right once a dump always a dump

cairngorm
29-09-2012, 14:55
Some of us predicted this 5-6 years ago.... Some posters on here even told me to behave as "the area needed regeneration"

Just a coincidence that the Barras (Ra sellik theme park) is also earmarked for regeneration.

The sellik family have played a ferkin blinder

90minbear
29-09-2012, 14:55
Your own fault. We lost this battle a long time ago. When tarriers were getting organised joining political parties usually Labour...getting ready to get into positions where you have influence. Where were any of you.

Complacently doing nothing. So moan all you like. You reap what you sow in life. I joined a political party 40 yrs ago as I wanted to have my say in the community I live in.Most of you are content to moan and bump your gums on a football MB. Which achieves precisely nothing.

ikip loyal
29-09-2012, 14:56

Yes it is under EU law, get complaining :ninja:

sam_cooke
and as was the case back when they scum aquired the Janefield st land for a penny thanks to several 'neutral' council committee members giving the decision to demolish flats etc to aid Celtic fc the fact that most were Celtic fans, Celtic season ticket holders Celtic shareholders (or all three) had nowt to do with it !

No BBC enquiry into that one :angel:

Catatonic
This is an opportunity for a blog along the lines of the RTC to be set up.Plenty of scope here for issues to be aired in public.

Absolutely. Every move the GDC make up to the Commonwealth games should be scrutinised.

Chris P Bacon
29-09-2012, 14:57
The gay catholic drug addicted provost that miraculously avoide jail because of his gangster and criminal connections was at the route and branch start if this.

The development of this entire area was pivotal in attracting this investment

The minority in this country are now akin to the Nazis in pre war Germany.

The majority are akin to the Jews.

AppleBear1976
29-09-2012, 14:58
reading that PDF, the poops quite clearly see the area that is being built for the commonwealth games as there are afterwards...

while i have no issues with this area being 'regenerated' i do have issues with Celtic thinking they can get this all for free and being under there 'influence'.. this area should be paid for by THEM, not the good people of Glasgow!

BlueWorldOrder
29-09-2012, 14:58
You Glasweigens should be ashamed at what you've allowed your city to become.

90minbear
29-09-2012, 14:59
that kind of attitude is why the Tim GCC can help fund the filth.

I suppose a half arsed lazy answer was easier for you than actually answering the question. I will type it slowly for you. Who do we vote for.???

opersson
29-09-2012, 15:00
http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/home-news/celtic-plan-to-replace-school-with-superstore.18421080

Last month, from the herald's own "sectarian" correspondent Gerry Braiden.... replete with the usual supsects in the comments section.

jimparamatta
29-09-2012, 15:00
if i had the knowledge i would do it but i would hope some fellow bears clued up on planning permission,funding and the like would be able to start a blog about what is clearly a stitch up to help celtic build better facilities at the taxpayers expense.

Ricky Bobby
29-09-2012, 15:01
Your own fault. We lost this battle a long time ago. When tarriers were getting organised joining political parties usually Labour...getting ready to get into positions where you have influence. Where were any of you.

Complacently doing nothing. So moan all you like. You reap what you sow in life. I joined a political party 40 yrs ago as I wanted to have my say in the community I live in.Most of you are content to moan and bump your gums on a football MB. Which achieves precisely nothing.

That's a fair point. But there is also a question of decency. I don't think most Bears would think to cross the line into what is effectively corruption, certainly not on such a grand scale.

It would be interesting to here of anything contentious we benefitted from when Bears held some of the reigns?

bear all
29-09-2012, 15:02
The day The Piggery was bizarrely and inexplicably " picked " to host the Games Opening Ceremony, an announcement to flatten Hampden should also have been given out. What is the point of a National Stadium at Hampden when it was deliberately overlooked in order to fund The Bheasts under the guise of " regeneration ". ? It is clear and open corruption.

Dont you find it odd that Joe the Bigot,Three names and the Gangagreen Brigade and the rest of the bigoted shower of Provo loving scum have not voiced their disdain at the Piggery holding the Opening Ceremony of the 2014 Commonwealth Games.Nor are you likely to there is to much going around their ground that they will benefit from ,yes the Commonwealth Games will be good for them long after it has been and gone.:mad:

Jan Fabel
29-09-2012, 15:03
Well, if you will insist on continuing to vote Labour in Glasgow, in order to support a, now, fifty year corrupt and sectarian, ruling Glasgow, what do you expect.

If you keep on doing what you are doing, you'll keep on getting what you are getting.

imager
29-09-2012, 15:03
I suppose a half arsed lazy answer was easier for you than actually answering the question. I will type it slowly for you. Who do we vote for.???

whoever the fu.ck you like, just make an informed decision, not the same one time after time because you lack the intelligence or imagination to do so, that clear enough for you?

harrogate blue
29-09-2012, 15:04

:):):):):):)

and thats why no one will help our club, shoe on the other foot and the taigs would make a political difference, us nae! and we get treated like shit.

Why I love living in England under either Tory or Lib Dems

superger
29-09-2012, 15:06
I'm surprised former pupils of the school still in the area aren't forming a group to legally scupper this nonsense and to protect a listed building from GSC's blatant corruption.

90minbear
29-09-2012, 15:06
Well, if you will insist on continuing to vote Labour in Glasgow, in order to support a, now, fifty year corrupt and sectarian, ruling Glasgow, what do you expect.

If you keep on doing what you are doing, you'll keep on getting what you are getting.

Jan this forum has now become totally confused. You get endless posts about "Herr Salmond" and his tormtroopers...completely forgetting what Labour have done.

You at least share my view joining these parties no matter which one is the only way to have influence. We achieve nothing sitting at a keyboard.

frankieboy
29-09-2012, 15:07
I'm shocked.:angel:

90minbear
29-09-2012, 15:09
whoever the fu.ck you like, just make an informed decision, not the same one time after time because you lack the intelligence or imagination to do so, that clear enough for you?

I do. I vote LibDem> and have been a party member for years. Not in a Glasgow constituency though. I am in East Dunbartonshire. Although even back in the old Strathclyde region days it was Labour dominated.

davegilmoursgonads
29-09-2012, 15:09
the thick ****s call it the septic triangle then highlight the area with a 4 sided shape ffs:D

tazzabear
29-09-2012, 15:11
Contrary to EU and Uefa regulations.............get the emails rollin :ninja:

If you are right here, get the paragraphs copied/pasted for us all to see.
Then we'll definitely bombard EU/UEFA with the e-mails.

onedadoprso1
29-09-2012, 15:14

I am the first to criticise bears for being apathetic but what party did you join and in what way did you joining it make any difference?

A huge problem for us is that no party is remotely interested in our opinions as recent history suggests. The club nearly died and not one senior politician in Scotland said a word including the local msp. Shocking.

tazzabear
29-09-2012, 15:15

So, you're happy enough with this then?
Would it be worth the walk to the polling station if this were to be, if not stopped, then certainly controlled?

Blairdardie bear
29-09-2012, 15:17
Charles green wants to resurect the redevelopment around ibrox.surely we will see pro rata support from the council...surely:blink:

tazzabear
29-09-2012, 15:19
I am the first to criticise bears for being apathetic but what party did you join and in what way did you joining it make any difference?

A huge problem for us is that no party is remotely interested in our opinions as recent history suggests. The club nearly died and not one senior politician in Scotland said a word including the local msp. Shocking.

Part of the cycle mate.
We didn't join, we didn't promote, we didn't put our people in positions of power, we allowed timmy to do all of that and now we're suffering because of it.
That said, we'll continue to vote, Labour in particular, because my dad, and his dad before him voted Labour.

Ricky Bobby
29-09-2012, 15:22
I don't get the Tories in Scotland at all. They have nothing to lose up here. A few select policies and they could have a considerable amount of new voters.

90minbear
29-09-2012, 15:22

I joined what was then the Liberal party. What difference have I as an individual made.. Hard to day but doing the Focus leaflet I learned how to complain and who to. And our candidate got elected to Westminster. So I have her email address and she has always been prompt to contact the BBC the last 3 times I complained. After realising they don't care about complaints from individuals. They certainly jump when MP's contact them as it is parliament that they get their funding from. Not a lot many MP's could have done during our bankruptcy.

BroxiBear1872
29-09-2012, 15:24
Charles green wants to resurect the redevelopment around ibrox.surely we will see pro rata support from the council...surely:blink:

You may very well do.;)

Just to clarify GCC aren't funding anything towards The Scums redevelopment proposals. It's privately funded by them and some money from the Commonwealth Games fund. (Fact!) Don't believe everything you hear on here.

CG is meeting with GCC officials next week about his own proposals so we'll wait and see. Probably trying to reserect some of DM's proposals.

90minbear
29-09-2012, 15:25
So, you're happy enough with this then?
Would it be worth the walk to the polling station if this were to be, if not stopped, then certainly controlled?

Of course it would Tazza. You try writing or emailing the 1 Tory MP in Scotland and see if you even get a reply.

thegodfather
29-09-2012, 15:30

I'm fed up saying this "DO NOT VOTE LABOUR"

90minbear
29-09-2012, 15:33
I'm fed up saying this "DO NOT VOTE LABOUR"

Think most of us have the brains to decide for ourselves.

Thanks for the advice though. The thread about alcohol on buses says we have not to vote SNP.

superger
29-09-2012, 15:33
You may very well do.;)

Just to clarify GCC aren't funding anything towards The Scums redevelopment proposals. It's privately funded by them and some money from the Commonwealth Games fund. (Fact!) Don't believe everything you hear on here.

CG is meeting with GCC officials next week about his own proposals so we'll wait and see. Probably trying to reserect some of DM's proposals.

....." and some money from the Commonwealth Games Fund. " Is this money for the upgrade of The Piggery itself or the surrounding area ?

Top_Cat
29-09-2012, 15:35
Spence is a c#nt
GCC, corrupt tarriers

Gardy Loyal
29-09-2012, 15:36
What a surprise :roll:

tazzabear
29-09-2012, 15:37

See post 31.
Get complaining.

barrheadbear
29-09-2012, 15:41

How anyone can be surprised by this amazes me - Glasgow Catholic Council has never hidden it's bias, looking after their own and feeling no need to even hide it because no one will dare question them unless they want to be labelled a bigot.

tazzabear
29-09-2012, 15:43
Of course it would Tazza. You try writing or emailing the 1 Tory MP in Scotland and see if you even get a reply.

You're missing my point here.
For as long as we can't be bothered walking to the polling station to vote these guys out, we will never have a political voice.
We'll have nobody in power.
Septic, because their fans do have the will to walk to the polling booth to vote their friends in, aligned with our assistance in voting their friends in, will always have the power.

sakuraba
29-09-2012, 15:44
I don't know how anyone can get angry at the bheasts for this. The fact of the matter is our club has been a headless chicken for almost a decade, no leadership, and no vision.

Charles Green is trying his best, but it'll take several years, patience is required.

Gardy Loyal
29-09-2012, 15:45
....." and some money from the Commonwealth Games Fund. " Is this money for the upgrade of The Piggery itself or the surrounding area ?

Did they not want the land for a museum or something?

blueman14
29-09-2012, 15:45
Maybe Green could Ask GCC to do the same with edmiston house and see what the response will be:roll:

How much they giving them?

90minbear
29-09-2012, 15:52
You're missing my point here.
For as long as we can't be bothered walking to the polling station to vote these guys out, we will never have a political voice.
We'll have nobody in power.
Septic, because their fans do have the will to walk to the polling booth to vote their friends in, aligned with our assistance in voting their friends in, will always have the power.

For years Glasgow voted Labour no matter what. Because their grandfathers etc did. And basically the LibDems and Tories have little influence in Scotland.

So we have ended up with essentially 2 party state in Scotland. Which for a democracy is unhealthy.

But many Rangers fans were compacent and did nothing when tarriers were getting into positions of power in GCC. Is it any wonder we have been left behind.

superger
29-09-2012, 16:05
For years Glasgow voted Labour no matter what. Because their grandfathers etc did. And basically the LibDems and Tories have little influence in Scotland.

So we have ended up with essentially 2 party state in Scotland. Which for a democracy is unhealthy.

But many Rangers fans were compacent and did nothing when tarriers were getting into positions of power in GCC. Is it any wonder we have been left behind.

With respect, the difference is that if Bears had infiltrated and dominated Glasgow City Council and in the process regularly " assisted " not only themselves but also Rangers, the media would have been crawling all over it years ago. There would have been Hell to pay with accusations of sectarianism and irrefutable proof of anti-Catholic discrimination and bigotry. It is inconceivable that BBC Scotland in Glasgow and politicians at Holyrood who are forever rattling on about sectarianism are unaware of the antics of Glasgow City Council, but their collective silence is deafening. Glasgow Council is our Monklandsgate.....

Jack Sparrow
29-09-2012, 16:19
Think most of us have the brains to decide for ourselves.

Thanks for the advice though. The thread about alcohol on buses says we have not to vote SNP.

The legislation dealing with alcohol on buses is passed by the UK parliament, dating from 1995. Nothing whatsoever to do with the SNP, any current or past Scottish Government, or local council nepotism/favouritism/corruption.

gazgsm1
29-09-2012, 16:20
This is what happens when people vote Catholic Lhabour.

deedle
29-09-2012, 16:21
You may very well do.;)

Spence may have been at the wind-up in regard to the details.

However, the fact that a listed building will be demolished to suit Celtic and that they stand to gain yet further from the Commonwealth Games Fund is a concern.

Should Green not get anything like the same backing then it's time to accuse GCC in public of sectarian bias.

90minbear
29-09-2012, 16:22
With respect, the difference is that if Bears had infiltrated and dominated Glasgow City Council and in the process regularly " assisted " not only themselves but also Rangers, the media would have been crawling all over it years ago. There would have been Hell to pay with accusations of sectarianism and irrefutable proof of anti-Catholic discrimination and bigotry. It is inconceivable that BBC Scotland in Glasgow and politicians at Holyrood who are forever rattling on about sectarianism are unaware of the antics of Glasgow City Council, but their collective silence is deafening. Glasgow Council is our Monklandsgate.....

With equal respect we were in the majority of the population. Who could have pointed a finger at the majority joining in politics. Instead we had the opposite. The minority Catholic population joined Labour. got councillors on board who they had a lot of influence with. So for years we have had the tail wagging the dog.

superger
29-09-2012, 16:25

However, the fact that a listed building will be demolished to suit Celtic and that they stand to gain yet further from the Commonwealth Games Fund is a concern.

Should Green not get anything like the same backing then it's time to accuse GCC in public of sectarian bias.

I wonder who lobbied and demanded for The Piggery to host the Opening Ceremony and the other facilities to be built in the surrounding areas ? Out of all the areas in Glasgow needing regeneration the immediate vicinity of The Piggery is selected ? :roll:

90minbear
29-09-2012, 16:26

Deedle would the Public Audit Committee look at this.

90minbear
29-09-2012, 16:28
I wonder who lobbied and demanded for The Piggery to host the Opening Ceremony and the other facilities to be built in the surrounding areas ? Out of all the areas in Glasgow needing regeneration the immediate vicinity of The Piggery is selected ? :roll:

A poster on here once had a large post on this giving a thorough analysis of this. Very illuminating it was.

superger
29-09-2012, 16:32
With equal respect we were in the majority of the population. Who could have pointed a finger at the majority joining in politics. Instead we had the opposite. The minority Catholic population joined Labour. got councillors on board who they had a lot of influence with. So for years we have had the tail wagging the dog.

You're correct. Naively,we select our politicians to GSC in the hope that they'll serve the public interest, indeed the entire wider community in a fair and impartial manner. Sadly, we don't receive that from GSC. They abuse their positions when indulging in partisanship and favouritism.

My point is that when sectarianism and bigotry are never out of the headlines.....GSC is never mentioned, despite the obvious.

Ironically, if we acted like they do and voted on sectarian lines to ensure a balanced ruling Council the rags and others would accuse us of " playing the sectarian card ".

90minbear
29-09-2012, 16:37
You're correct. Naively,we select our politicians to GSC in the hope that they'll serve the public interest, indeed the entire wider community in a fair and impartial manner. Sadly, we don't receive that from GSC. They abuse their positions when indulging in partisanship and favouritism.

My point is that when sectarianism and bigotry are never out of the headlines.....GSC is never mentioned, despite the obvious.

True. I remember seeing something about the Lord Provost's car. Took him to the piggery on numerous occasions. Took him to Ibrox...not once. Is it not something like 43 yrs we have had ONE Protestant LP. A shocking state of affairs.

tintin69
29-09-2012, 16:40
Basicaly the council were handed over 5million for stadium naming rights and handed it over to their East End partners:mad:

TPABear
29-09-2012, 16:52
They are peadophiles

crowthornebear
29-09-2012, 17:00

Unfortunately these people are voted in by the people of Glasgow, Vote the bhastards out!!!!

WATP

crookie_bear
29-09-2012, 17:03
You Glasweigens should be ashamed at what you've allowed your city to become.

That is so so true. Second city of the once mighty British Empire to what it is now.

deedle
29-09-2012, 17:03
Deedle would the Public Audit Committee look at this.

My hunch is that those involved will know how far they can push this.

What would change things is if a couple of MPs spoke out. However, they are too scared.

As one MP said in private, they manage to elect MPs who'll work on their behalf. We don't.

If we're honest, the fault lies within the Protestant community. It is absolutely useless in regard to achieving anything.

robb1966
29-09-2012, 17:05
Tramps. Always have been, always will be. Low life ****in scumbags. GDC should be ethnically cleansed.

superger
29-09-2012, 17:08

What would change things is if a couple of MPs spoke out. However, they are too scared.

As one MP said in private, they manage to elect MPs who'll work on their behalf. We don't.

If we're honest, the fault lies within the Protestant community. It is absolutely useless in regard to achieving anything.

As I posted earlier, if Glasgow Protestants specifically went out of their way to vote for Protestant candidates for the Council for their own self-interest, with no shame or irony BBC Scotland and others would be " outraged " at this introduction of sectarian voting.......despite them all knowing for years about GSC.

Fat Zidane
29-09-2012, 17:09
But but but.....it's a legacy thing!

Yeah-a legacy allowing septic to move into the emirates indoor arena as a training ground.

We've sat back and let it happen.

bleau
29-09-2012, 17:26
They might tart the area up but the residents are still alky,s,junkies, tramps and the dregs of Glasgow so it will be a ghetto in 2or 3years as usual

Ricky Bobby
29-09-2012, 17:29

A few of the celtic-minded have done very well out of this on land deals etc. Our friends at harper macleod seem to be ball deep in every pie too.

When the dust settles it'll be interesting to see how much celtic have actually gained from all this - be it in freebies, grants or future earnings?

TAMLEBAM
29-09-2012, 17:50
So we ask to knock down the old stand at Ibrox and they slap a listed building on the frontage, and we are effectively feked re building a bigger stadium than the stydome, because you can't knock down listed buildings. Now they get permission to knock down a listed building hmmm double standards:angel: anyone. Mind you to be honest I am glad we still have our frontage, interior and heritage so in effect the did us a favour.
By the way wonder what Private Eye will make of it?

flecky
29-09-2012, 18:07
They might tart the area up but the residents are still alky,s,junkies, tramps and the dregs of Glasgow so it will be a ghetto in 2or 3years as usual

Whilst there are those types, theres still bluenoses in parkhead please don't tar us all with the same fecking brush!!!:mad:

clubdeckcharlie
29-09-2012, 18:15
My father and brother went that school. Feck the GCC.

clubdeckcharlie
29-09-2012, 18:17
Whilst there are those types, theres still bluenoses in parkhead please don't tar us all with the same fecking brush!!!:mad:

True, more good proddies there than there are jakie tims!:mad:

PartickGer
29-09-2012, 18:25
The scandal of the Commonwealth games should have been jumped upon at the time but we had folk on here still defending the blatantly corrupt choice of where money was being spent.

I noticed that one of the community officers was raising the point that they used parts of the East end which are gaining zero benefit from the Celtic games in their original proposal. Once they got the games, virtually every penny is being spent within half a mile of that shithole which will only host the opening ceremony.

It's absolutely disgusting but no-one seems to care and indeed, Bears voted corrupt Lhabour back in at the last council election.

FIFER BEAR
29-09-2012, 18:25
dont listen to them they are wankers and scum bastards

old bluebell
29-09-2012, 18:33
remember it when council elections come around , time to wake up,
anyone know where we can find out what councillors voted in favour ?

Red_White_and_Ajax
29-09-2012, 18:35
By the way wonder what Private Eye will make of it?

ask them , everyone should write to them and ask them

Kaiser
29-09-2012, 18:40
Irrespective of the decision being made, you just KNOW Jum Spence is a grade A walloper.

gazza162
29-09-2012, 18:44
the worst of the large stadia is being used for the opening ceremony who would have thought it.

kirdy
29-09-2012, 18:54
Out if curiosity who in their right mind would want to pay to stay in a hotel in Parkhead

brotybear
29-09-2012, 19:02
Having visited the Museum at the Camp Nou this week, I really hope that this is what Charles Green has in mind for the property he has just bought from David Murray.

A superb showcase that Rangers should be able to match with or without any GCC assistance.

Keith54
29-09-2012, 19:10
I quite like that school, it's got a lot of potential

Maybe we should start a campaign to save it? :ninja:

Scrubs UK
29-09-2012, 19:12
Permission has NOT been given yet. Spence said he 'expected' it to be given.

bluebarney
29-09-2012, 19:14
If i was a council tax payer in the city i would be complaining to my councillor. They are currently trying to save 50 million and have cut care of the elderly, privatised care at home services and cut education. Yet they are funding their favourite team, get complaining Glaswegians

Ricky Bobby
29-09-2012, 19:43
If i was a council tax payer in the city i would be complaining to my councillor. They are currently trying to save 50 million and have cut care of the elderly, privatised care at home services and cut education. Yet they are funding their favourite team, get complaining Glaswegians

It isnt exactly sporting behaviour. City wide money going on a football club under the banner of an athletics event. More than that going towards a multi-million pounds business that has contributed nothing to the regeneration of the area in over a century.

FYI The Scottish Government will fund 80% of the games budget.

Some interesting points on celtics legacy:

RoI arent even in the CW games.
Football isnt an event at the CW games.

fishpakora
29-09-2012, 19:51

Earlier this year during the council elections, I pointed out a dozen or so 'marginals', where a wee bit of organisation (say organised by the local RSC) would have seen the resident Timmy councillor ousted. In many cases it would only have taken a hundred or two votes.

It fell on deaf ears so I find it difficult to sympathise with threads like this. We are our own worst enemies.

Halfwaythere
29-09-2012, 20:01
Earlier this year during the council elections, I pointed out a dozen or so 'marginals', where a wee bit of organisation (say organised by the local RSC) would have seen the resident Timmy councillor ousted. In many cases it would only have taken a hundred or two votes.

It fell on deaf ears so I find it difficult to sympathise with threads like this. We are our own worst enemies.

Yes but it would have resulted in SNP gains.

fishpakora
29-09-2012, 20:03

Did you just say that or did you bother to look at the marginal seats?

I did...and you are wrong...

90minbear
29-09-2012, 20:05

Well you have to decide on the lesser of 2 evils unless you expect the Tories to gain Glasgow.

oldtimer
29-09-2012, 20:11
Total Corruption !!, there is people building a case against GCC bias & corruption already this will only help their case, out & out bigots & racists that they are .

fishpakora
29-09-2012, 20:20
Well you have to decide on the lesser of 2 evils unless you expect the Tories to gain Glasgow.

There were some seats where the local rhebel could have been ousted by liberals or even 'greens'. Sadly we are incapable of organising to accomplish a common goal.

Don Roberto
29-09-2012, 21:20
The Planning Consent was always likely to be granted imo.

Celtic and those who rely on the corrupt nature of the ruling party in Glasgow have their place men not only within the political corridors of power but also within the higher offices of officialdom who control and decide upon most property matters within Glasgow!

I have it on good authority that both the current Director of Planning and the Director of Development of Regeneration Services are or have been in the recent past season ticket holders at the piggery!>:)

Rabenutam
29-09-2012, 21:30
How does GCC Build houses they do not have a Housing Dept ? I understood that the GHA were the Housing Dept now, but nothing would surprise re the GCC .

Halfwaythere
29-09-2012, 21:37

No what about Protestants starting to get active in politics, join the zlabour party, start influencing it.

That us why in the NW of the City we have a Rangers supporting MP and a Rangers supporting MP in the SW: both Labour.

barneythebear
29-09-2012, 21:37
In business if you have someone by the balls you squeeze, GCC have handed the scum the keys on a plate lets **** the council tax payers eh? What a joke

Halfwaythere
29-09-2012, 21:38
How does GCC Build houses they do not have a Housing Dept ? I understood that the GHA were the Housing Dept now, but nothing would surprise re the GCC .

The GCC own the brownfield land and will part fund new build housing for Housing Associations including the GHA.

mrw
29-09-2012, 21:52
Will the museum have a swept under the carpet section ?

Trafalgar Bear
29-09-2012, 22:11
http://pdfserver3c.glasgowcitycouncil.co.uk/WAM/doc/Drawing-411589.pdf?extension=.pdf&id=411589&location=Volume2&contentType=&pageCount=1

slimjimbaxter
29-09-2012, 22:13
Can someone enlighten me as to why this news would be given out on a football programme?

Trafalgar Bear
29-09-2012, 22:15
Drawing Circa January 2012 London Road School to be demolished. !!! Looks as if the deal was done long before planning permission was even sought

aldoshmaldo
29-09-2012, 22:16
Who'd want to stay in a hotel in barrowfield?

90minbear
29-09-2012, 22:23
No what about Protestants starting to get active in politics, join the zlabour party, start influencing it.

That us why in the NW of the City we have a Rangers supporting MP and a Rangers supporting MP in the SW: both Labour.

Never too late but we should have done it years ago and stopped them getting to where they are now. As fishpakora said though Libs and Greens could have got some out in marginal seats. That lot have a lot of influence in all sorts of spheres. More than their % of the population.

cowieger
29-09-2012, 22:29
Will there be a Jim Torbett and Big Jock Knew section in this museum???

Trafalgar Bear
29-09-2012, 22:35
It looks as if the goalposts have moved since this report was discussed in 2009

http://www.ads.org.uk/download/3472-celtic-park-masterplan-40kb-pdf

Project Title:GLC47: Celtic Park Masterplan

Details:Masterplan for areas adjacent to football stadium
Use type:Housing / Retail / Leisure / Office / Civic / Public Realm
Client / Developer: Celtic Football Club
YLead Designers:
G.D. Lodge Architects / McInally Associates
Planning Authority:
Glasgow City Council
Planning Status and Ref:
Document issued to Glasgow City Council for discussion
Issue Date: 14 September 2009

3.2 Area around former school building

We welcome the retention of the listed London Road School building, and proposed re- use as a museum and ‘front of house’ building for the football club, but suggest that there needs to be more consideration of the public space around it and how it relates to the plaza between the stadium and NISA. The decision to locate such a large volume of car parking around this building, particularly in the ‘square’ to the east appears to be at odds with the intention of making a high quality public realm.

dylanholly
29-09-2012, 22:45
http://www.buildingsatrisk.org.uk/details/908430

liz.davidson@glasgow.gov.uk

She can inform us of the minutes of the planning meetings.

crownedpilgrim
29-09-2012, 22:50
What? When their budget is up the swanny and they are having to pay off people? I would not be a happy employee of GCC if I knew money was being spent like that, when people may lose their jobs.

I'm furious. I've had a pay freeze, my pension is under attack and my work load is ever increasing.

Putting my complaints to one side, i work in elderly care and we're forever being told we just don't have the funds for things like social activities and outings for our residents. We have to raise the cash ourselves which mostly comes from the staff and the residents family members.

general_melchett
29-09-2012, 22:57
If you vote for Labour in local elections then you get you what deserve. It's not as if they've suddenly become celt*c minded only in recent years. I bet some people posting on this thread are guilty of blind Labour voting because they've always done it.

dylanholly
29-09-2012, 23:12
http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/home-news/celtic-plan-to-replace-school-with-superstore.18421080

Braiden writes

Although London Road is understood to be Glasgow's sole remaining B-listed school and demolition would be certain to face objections from bodies like Historic Scotland, The Herald understands it is structurally unsound, which could enhance the case for tearing it down.

Understands?? Either it is or isn't!! Any architect type guys on here can suss this out?

Celtic have still not taken up the option to buy the school from the council's property arm, despite arranging to do so for around 300,000 several years ago. It is understood the club will take up the option if the application is passed.

So Celtic will pay 300,000 for a school to be demolished? Okay. Watch this space.

soreknee
29-09-2012, 23:35

Braiden writes

Although London Road is understood to be Glasgow's sole remaining B-listed school and demolition would be certain to face objections from bodies like Historic Scotland, The Herald understands it is structurally unsound, which could enhance the case for tearing it down.

Understands?? Either it is or isn't!! Any architect type guys on here can suss this out?

Celtic have still not taken up the option to buy the school from the council's property arm, despite arranging to do so for around 300,000 several years ago. It is understood the club will take up the option if the application is passed.

So Celtic will pay 300,000 for a school to be demolished? Okay. Watch this space.

this building is NOT structurally unsound, the water was drained from this building 27 months ago, and although the heating was also shut off and drained down, an element of frost protection was put in at the same time.

this building will, if left alone and taken care of, be here a long time i have left this earth.