PDA

View Full Version : chris robertson

big colin
28-09-2012, 23:49
Think i have the guys name right, did this boy come on in a cup final in the last few minutes against the mhanks as a last throw of the dice. around about 1981. he totally terrorised them without actually scoring, hitting bar a few times and post. were did he end up .

amabluestar
28-09-2012, 23:52
77 cup final i think? Did hit the bar, no idea what happened to him.

bit-a-blue
28-09-2012, 23:54
John Robertson brother

iRNbRU
29-09-2012, 00:25
Chris Robertson (born 25 December 1957 in Edinburgh, Scotland) is a former Scottish professional football player who is best known for his time with Hearts and Meadowbank Thistle

Chris started his career a Salvesen's Boys Club and moved to Rangers in 1976. He stayed at the club for three years before moving on to Hearts for two seasons. Robertson was then to have the first of two spells at Meadowbank Thistle, which had stints with Cowdenbeath and Raith Rovers sperating them. In 1983 he joined Thistle permanently and went on to make close to 100 appearances in a four-year stay. A brief spell with Berwick Rangers followed in 1987 before Robertson moved to the junior leagues with Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic.

Teddyjohn
29-09-2012, 00:28
77 cup final i think? Did hit the bar, no idea what happened to him.

You are corrcect pal as he did hit the bar with a header in the closing stages of that match.

positively4thst
29-09-2012, 00:29
The lad hit the bar in the 77 final but I dont remember him lifting what was a pretty poor final. Played only a few times for the first team. Jock Wallace gave him a chance at strart of 77-78, but soon dropped after we lost first two league games. Only made a few first team starts after that - although seemed to be a prolific scorer for the Reserves.

Teddyjohn
29-09-2012, 00:37
The lad hit the bar in the 77 final but I dont remember him lifting what was a pretty poor final. Played only a few times for the first team. Jock Wallace gave him a chance at strart of 77-78, but soon dropped after we lost first two league games. Only made a few first team starts after that - although seemed to be a prolific scorer for the Reserves.

I agree mate......