PDA

View Full Version : Charles Green claims some SPL Clubs are not welcome at Ibrox.

Mareeski
20-09-2012, 15:05
Found this on STV website -

Rangers chief executive Charles Green has claimed that some SPL clubs “won’t be so welcome” at Ibrox in the future.

Green spoke ahead of the club’s League Cup clash with Motherwell next week, which will be the first time Rangers have faced SPL opposition since the league voted to reject the transfer of the old company’s membership to Green’s new consortium.

In an interview on the official Rangers website, the Yorkshireman said that Well would be welcomed to the stadium because he believes the club was “bounced into” voting against the membership transfer.

Green said that “glints in eyes” showed him that certain clubs were voting against their own wishes.

He said that he believes only half of the 11 teams who voted genuinely wanted to see Rangers’ share denied a transfer. The result of the vote was ten against, with Kilmarnock the one abstention.

Green said: “Ally and I sat there and we know what happened. We know that only half of those clubs wanted Rangers out of that league.

“I believe that a number of clubs were bounced into it.

“What we have to understand is not everyone in that room wanted Rangers out of that league and I know – because I could [see] glints in eyes – which ones were happy and which ones were not.

“We recognise what happened and when some of these clubs come to Ibrox they will be welcome. When others come, they won’t be so welcome.

“Motherwell are a club who are suffering financially because Rangers are not in the SPL and we don’t believe that Motherwell are anti-Rangers.”

Big Beee
20-09-2012, 15:13
Been done today bud

weebear
20-09-2012, 15:14
Know your enemy.

Mareeski
20-09-2012, 15:22
apologies! :)

bear all
20-09-2012, 15:31
Motherwell still put the boot in ,they can rot with the rest of them and should be shown no favour .

LBB
20-09-2012, 15:38
Motherwell still put the boot in ,they can rot with the rest of them and should be shown no favour .

I think it was their fans' website which did most of the stirring, yet they are only a very small proportion of a very small support. This new-fangled internet thing has a lot to answer for.

RangerMark
20-09-2012, 15:39
Although I will never forgive or forget all the spl clubs, I can see CGs' point,,, Divide and conquer.

Mareeski
20-09-2012, 15:41
it was all fans jumping on the band waggon thinking it would be great without us funny though its backfiring on half of them already hahaha

frankieboy
20-09-2012, 15:43
Shock, horror,I never knew this.:angel:

southpaws
20-09-2012, 15:45
Although I will never forgive or forget all the spl clubs, I can see CGs' point,,, Divide and conquer.

No flies on our Charles, he is gradually reeling them in, It will be interesting to see what the end game is, rest assured Charles is cooking up shit storm for our enemies!

richmond23
20-09-2012, 15:48
All should be banned

Burquebear
20-09-2012, 15:51
What are we supposed to do? Roll out the red carpets, F**K T**M.

buggibabear
20-09-2012, 15:53
Hopefully the Paedos will not be welcome.

BlueNotWhyte
20-09-2012, 15:55
Been done today bud

I think it was RTV version that was posted before.

The STV article is coming in from a more pointed angle methinks.

Personally I prefer the STV/OP header to the; "We welcome Motherwell" yin. :roll:

madrid51
20-09-2012, 16:02
They still voted against us, the bounced angle is the start of the softening up process.
None of them will receive a single penny from me, all are equally culpable.

gennaro
20-09-2012, 16:05
I think it was RTV version that was posted before.

The STV article is coming in from a more pointed angle methinks.

Personally I prefer the STV/OP header to the; "We welcome Motherwell" yin. :roll:

It's the same article, STV just changed the headline to pull the punters in :D

weebear
20-09-2012, 16:06
Hopefully the next time the Vhermin come calling, they are treated with the disrespect they deserve and are given no hospitality. Also the Mhanky hordes are given far less high a profile and their numbers are reduced to just a few hundred and are placed preferably in the car park with some portable screens for comfort.

fishpakora
20-09-2012, 16:11
He is not saying they 'wont be welcome'. He is saying some clubs 'won't be SO welcome'. Its a subtle but important difference when your every word could lead to a 'disrepute' charge.

Sour milk in the dressing rooms for some.....

psychobillyboy
20-09-2012, 16:12
We should ensure that our enemies are given a 'welcome to hell' that they will never forget.

We should never forgive nor forget what these pioneers of sporting integrity heaped upon us.

BlueNotWhyte
20-09-2012, 16:13
It's the same article, STV just changed the headline to pull the punters in :D

It is an awesome headline!

We've been waiting decades for just one GIRUY statement from the club and CG is now trotting 'em out by the lorryload. :)

averagebear
20-09-2012, 16:15
The tarriers have taken their last sip from the Loving Cup.

highlander36
20-09-2012, 16:15
I wont be happy if rangers allows these parasites into Ibrox, they were all happy at the time now it is there turn for punishment.

geo1667
20-09-2012, 16:16
It doesnt matter if they were bounced or not,they still voted us out.

colinstein
20-09-2012, 16:24
Greene said some clubs would be more welcome than others,

big deal !

I'm sure at the likes of Easter Rd. Hearts would be as welcome as Celtic

Small earthquake in Chile !.......Not many killed...

BlueNotWhyte
20-09-2012, 16:30
The tarriers have taken their last sip from the Loving Cup.

No no no. Let them have one more.

But don't tell them Charlie has just pished in it.

Jimmy Henderson
20-09-2012, 17:01
What are we supposed to do? Roll out the red carpets, F**K T**M.

I will take great delight if we beat them and take great delight in giving them an Ibrox welcome.

My sentiments also are f*** them.

manchester man
20-09-2012, 17:06
Divide and conquer........superb

The Five-Finger Man
20-09-2012, 17:15
I hope this means that Celtic will be sitting in the corner next time they come to visit.