PDA

View Full Version : Get a defensive coach tomorrow please!

Bluejak
19-09-2012, 20:38
We all understand that we can't sign a couple of competent centre backs until the ban is over so we have to work with what we've got. The transfer ban doesn't stop us signing back room staff, so please Mr Green find some cash so we can get in a defense coach now!!!
McCoist and Durrant were attacking players and much as I love them both, I'm not convinced they know much about defensive strategies. McLeish put out some negative teams but he could at least organise a defence. In recent years we've had good pros like Davie Weir who could coach the younger players during the game, tell them where to stand at a corner etc.. But who do we have to do this now?
I'm all for Super Ally but clear for everyone to see that we're a bombscare when a ball comes into the box and Alexander has saved us more than once from a red face like we had last night.:(
So come on Ally and Chas, it's a big man that knows when to ask for help. Get someone in now to drill the basics into the back four.

SCG
19-09-2012, 21:21
a coach from Parks would be a step forward

scottyboy1984
19-09-2012, 21:28
I agree with this 100% and I would go for Gough - he needs to focus on every defender at the club and get them doing the basics!

broxburnranger
19-09-2012, 21:30
Can we sign anyone on pre contract terms with a proviso that they don't officially join as free agents till after 31st August next year?

HateleyScores
19-09-2012, 22:24
Bring back Marvin Andrews while we are at it.........

cooprfc
19-09-2012, 23:06
Wouldn't be a bad idea to get someone like Gough in. Steve Bould appears to have made a massive difference to Arsenal's defence this year.

dooman42
19-09-2012, 23:35
Get Bomber back to do it or Gough

noops12345
20-09-2012, 01:20
Wouldn't be a bad idea to get someone like Gough in. Steve Bould appears to have made a massive difference to Arsenal's defence this year.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Lizzy's 11
20-09-2012, 03:34
Our club has had some amazing talent at it over the years. World class players. And they may not think of themselves as coaches, but get them in and find out.

In an ideal world we'd have a coaching set up that looked like one of the strongest teams we could have ever fielded

Your Gough's, Numan's, Gazza's, Laudrup's, Mols' etc etc

Obviously on our budget it's not likely. But the set up we have now just isn't working.

jacmie
20-09-2012, 10:36
I agree with this 100% and I would go for Gough - he needs to focus on every defender at the club and get them doing the basics!

Posted a similar thread couple of days ago and would go for Gough can only help.