PDA

View Full Version : If we improve then I am prepared to be patient..

clubdeckcharlie
19-09-2012, 13:46
..if not then, profoundly, I might not be. :ninja:

mentalbox
19-09-2012, 13:58
how do we measure improvement cdc ??? do we all decide for ourselves ???

clubdeckcharlie
19-09-2012, 14:22

Winning is vital, but I would be prepared to wait and watch a team that is beginning to knit together, is sharper and fitter than at present.

cambridgeblue
19-09-2012, 14:26
Top of the league and still in a cup by 1/1/13

NS
19-09-2012, 14:35
Get the best coaches possible

Let the best coaches teach our kids

After some time if they kids are good enough & playing good football then we have progressed

If that means being a mid table team while we progress so be it

The "must be above selik loyal" will not allow us to progress

Oh aye a 100% clear out of all staff is a must (ie Murray's pals)

kirkierangers
19-09-2012, 17:14
The aims of the club are NOT going to be achieved overnight after the trauma that we have suffered, but , and I have no doubt, we WILL achieve our right and proper standing, and when we do we will be all the better and stronger for it.Being realistic it won't be as easy as some bears in here seem to imagine. The main thing is that it WILL happen but there is bound to be slipups and dissapointments along the way and we just have to accept that as a fact of life.

W.A.T.P.

clubdeckcharlie
19-09-2012, 18:01
The aims of the club are NOT going to be achieved overnight after the trauma that we have suffered, but , and I have no doubt, we WILL achieve our right and proper standing, and when we do we will be all the better and stronger for it.Being realistic it won't be as easy as some bears in here seem to imagine. The main thing is that it WILL happen but there is bound to be slipups and dissapointments along the way and we just have to accept that as a fact of life.

W.A.T.P.

Agree with all of that, mate.

instructor
19-09-2012, 19:29
I tend to agree with O.P. The away performances so far show no improvement and we seemed to be a bit lost yesterday.

I have to say that we have been unlucky with Templeton.

I think that the two 5-1 home victories show that our players can be competitive in this league and perhaps I should wait till the 2nd quarter of league games before demanding any sort of clearout.

I think perhaps the disparity between other SFL3 teams players and our current squad isn't as big as I thought it was, but surely our players are slightly better and are full-time and given a bit of time they can shine.

Last night's opponents are top of SFL2 and their players looked as good as ours last night, so I think we should not think about an easy ride to SFL1 but concentrate on a good season in SFL3.

The challenges on the park in our games have been pretty heafty and we must adjust to this, the refs seem to let more things go, last night's refereeing was absolutely shocking and without making an excuse for our poor display the linesman for their 2nd goal wasn't up to his job and we were unlucky to lose that goal.

The Big Cheese
19-09-2012, 19:38
Improvement is,I'm afraid,unlikely under the present coaching team.

We are bereft of any idea of how to play proper football.
Our set plays are predictable and poor.
Our fitness levels are a disgrace.
We will ruin McKay and McLeod unless we change.