PDA

View Full Version : Its worrying this is our team for another season

Del157
19-09-2012, 09:39
If im not mistaken (correct me if im wrong please) but if this is our team for next season as well we could be lingering in the lower divisions for a good few years longer than we first thought.

It was never going to be a walk in the park but im sure most of the 30 odd thousand season ticket holders believed we would progress through the leagues ever year.

It certainly doesnt look like thats going to happen unless a dramatic improvement happens soon. the fans have shown their support by buying the season tickets this year but if we are still in this division next season i just cant see half those numbers coming back again.

adamski
19-09-2012, 09:41
I don't think we have a bad squad. Light yes, but not untalented.

In fact, I'd expect that squad, as thin as it is, to be top 4 in the SPL.

Del157
19-09-2012, 09:44

id expect it too but its not working yet for some reason

adamski
19-09-2012, 09:50
id expect it too but its not working yet for some reason

Sadly, I think we all know the reasons

weeblue12
19-09-2012, 09:50
At the end of the day, we are where we are. We don't have the same team although I think the team we have has potential. I for one will always follow my team. What people forget about last night is we played a team who are doing well and managed to put hibs out. I've never enjoyed penalties. I will continue to go to see Rangers no matter what. I think we have all been through a lot in the past year and for the support we have, to turn our back now is just not on. It would certainly give the critics of our support something else to slag us about.

wsb&warmy
19-09-2012, 10:13
If im not mistaken (correct me if im wrong please) but if this is our team for next season as well we could be lingering in the lower divisions for a good few years longer than we first thought.

It was never going to be a walk in the park but im sure most of the 30 odd thousand season ticket holders believed we would progress through the leagues ever year.

It certainly doesnt look like thats going to happen unless a dramatic improvement happens soon. the fans have shown their support by buying the season tickets this year but if we are still in this division next season i just cant see half those numbers coming back again.

This is not our team for next season mate. Remember we can (and will) sign out of contract players next September. Moves will be made early doors to alert th eplayers we want to sign in order that they let their contracts run out.

I expect us to sign a handful of players from SPL clubs, probably both Motherwell & Hearts.

Our team will be very different next season i imagine.

Sideys31
19-09-2012, 10:17
It's even more worrying the thought of McCoist still being the manager next season.

wsb&warmy
19-09-2012, 10:18

I don't think we'd get top 4 in the SPL with our squad as light as it is. I think we're already seeing how badly we're struggling without our top scorer in Little and our most creative player in Templeton. Only two players missing and i feel it would've made a massive difference had they played last night.

Don't get me wrong, if we were guaranteed that we'd have an injury free season with our strongest 11 on the park every week then i'd say we could finish 2nd. In reality though that obviously wouldn't happen.

Sam_English
19-09-2012, 10:19
What we have should be more than good enough for what is required - the problem lies elsewhere IMHO

davemac60
19-09-2012, 10:20
Yes it is worrying but we done the crime and we are doing the time..some of us dont see the wood from the trees...reality check required

jbrfc1
19-09-2012, 10:22
Yes it is worrying but we done the crime and we are doing the time..some of us dont see the wood from the trees...reality check required

What is this crime you speak of.

gazzastheman
19-09-2012, 10:23
the individuals aren't a worry, they need to gel as a team and quickly improve because make no mistake missing out on promotion for one year would be a disaster for us and if it ever looks likely to happen a new manager will be brought in to make sure it doesn't

McGregorslaces
19-09-2012, 10:23

what crime did we commit?

broomhouse_loyal
19-09-2012, 10:28
What is this crime you speak of.

what crime did we commit?

For right or wrong we got our selves into a position where the company was liquidated. With our fan base, support and stature that should never have happened. Denying that would truely mean you have your head in the sand.

jbrfc1
19-09-2012, 10:31
[QUOTE=broomhouse_loyal;18159353]For right or wrong we got our selves into a position where the company was liquidated. With our fan base, support and stature that should never have happened. Denying that would truely mean you have your head in the sand.[/QUO

So it was the fans fault that the conman whyte did not pay tax and ni. Maybe whyte commited a crime but rangers did not.

weeblue12
19-09-2012, 10:31

What exactly do you mean by crime committed? Reality check, we have not been committed of anything here. We have been accused of all sorts by corrupt individuals. If you refer to Craig Whyte then sorry, he committed a crime, not us or the team. I fully expect bugs eyes to get the book flung at him, but Regan and Doncaster should be next in line. They were fully aware of not only the EBT's, but the fact the tax wasn't being paid by Whyte, so you tell me who committed the crime? Once the truth comes out I expect us to be claiming damages from the lot of them.

weeblue12
19-09-2012, 10:35
[QUOTE=broomhouse_loyal;18159353]For right or wrong we got our selves into a position where the company was liquidated. With our fan base, support and stature that should never have happened. Denying that would truely mean you have your head in the sand.[/QUO

So it was the fans fault that the conman whyte did not pay tax and ni. Maybe whyte commited a crime but rangers did not.

100% agreed here. Anyone who can't see that needs to wake up. If we were aware of this earlier, we would have hounded Whyte then and could have stopped the club going into admin (he would have to have been removed first).

387RFC
19-09-2012, 10:37
We should still be in a position to pick up the best young players--whether we have the system and people in place to do that is another matter

Elvis Cole
19-09-2012, 11:07
Sadly, I think we all know the reasons

Dont mention the reason mate.

The thread will get chopped.

Hard enough finding a thread to read this morning.

Bear_In_Orkney
19-09-2012, 11:13

If we can't change the Team?

How about somebody else that can man manage a team.

Somebody shouting, screaming and changing things about when the other Team are getting the better of us.

Someone who doesn't stand on the sidelines with his arms crossed defensively without an apparent clue what to do.

It would be a start.

broomhouse_loyal
19-09-2012, 11:19

No it's nothing to with the fans. We just have to roll with the punches. At club level we're paying the price for the crime. At fan level we're suffering for the crimes in the board room, Craig Whyte has been proven and the dury is still out on SDM.

Lindsay Robertson
19-09-2012, 11:24
[QUOTE=jbrfc1;18159379]

No it's nothing to with the fans. We just have to roll with the punches. At club level we're paying the price for the crime. At fan level we're suffering for the crimes in the board room, Craig Whyte has been proven and the dury is still out on SDM.

Don't think there is any need for a jury re SDM, guilty 100% and my most hated man in Scotland even before NL.

Del157
19-09-2012, 12:54
If we can't change the Team?

How about somebody else that can man manage a team.

Somebody shouting, screaming and changing things about when the other Team are getting the better of us.

Someone who doesn't stand on the sidelines with his arms crossed defensively without an apparent clue what to do.

It would be a start.
that comes under the dramatic improvement part of my post

modfella
19-09-2012, 13:02
Think we have enough of a squad to get through this division and it should also be enough for the first half of Div 2, what does worry me is the lack of CH, we should have got at least one more player in for cover at the back.

HMS.Temple.Garden
19-09-2012, 13:02
personally think the players are in a comfort zone knowing that the club needs them for the next year.