PDA

View Full Version : Lomas accussed of sexually harrassing receptionist

mendes
11-09-2012, 09:55
ST JOHNSTONE manager Steve Lomas is facing claims that he sexually harassed a former club receptionist.

Carole Dunn is taking the SPL club where she worked for 11 years to an ­employment tribunal – and Lomas is expected to be one of the main witnesses.

Ms Dunn, 48, was put on gardening leave by St ­Johnstone after she lodged a formal complaint stating that Lomas had subjected her to sexual harassment.

She no longer works at the Perth club and has lodged papers to take St Johnstone to a tribunal for unfair dismissal and sexual discrimination.

A pre-tribunal hearing is set to take place later this month in Dundee, where it will be decided what witnesses will be called.

But sources say it is almost certain that Lomas, 38, will be called to give evidence if the case goes ahead.

Ms Dunn, from Perth, did not want to comment when approached by the Record.

But a club source said: “Carole’s position is that the manager behaved in an extremely inappropriate way towards her, which amounted to harassment of a sexual nature.

“It could be very embarrassing for the club if the tribunal finds in her favour.

“She was put on home leave and has now left St Johnstone.

“She will say at the tribunal that the club did not take her report of harassment ­seriously enough.”

Mother-of-two Ms Dunn’s photograph was on the St Johnstone website along with other staff but was recently taken down.

The website read: “Carole is the first point of contact for most people visiting McDiarmid Park and has been with the club since 2001.

“As well as duties in and around reception, Carole is responsible for the booking system for the club’s synthetic playing surface facility.”

Lomas hung up the phone when the Record called to ask him about the ­forthcoming tribunal.

And the club themselves refused to comment.

St Johnstone are bottom of the SPL after failing to win any of their opening five games.

Lomas joined the club in November 2011 on a two-and-a-half year deal after Derek McInnes quit as manager to join English Championship club Bristol City.

Lomas, a former captain of Northern Ireland who scored three goals in 45 appearances for his country, played for Manchester City, West Ham and Queens Park Rangers during his career.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/st-johnstone-boss-faces-sex-1318313

Mr Super Bad
11-09-2012, 10:00
He's never been the same since we took that free-kick from the wrong place.

Surefire
11-09-2012, 10:01
http://i3.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/article1318299.ece/BINARY/Carole+Dunn

Surefire
11-09-2012, 10:02
Edit, double post.

Houlet
11-09-2012, 10:05
He could be charged with bringing the game into disrepute chasing after women and would have been safer following the example of Paedo FC.

niallmitch
11-09-2012, 10:07
Saints fans I know from my days at school have been hankering after getting rid of him since the summer. Yes, the same guy who completed the job of getting them a jolly in Turkey.

Denver_Ba
11-09-2012, 10:09
He just looks rapey but not paedo rapey like Levein.

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/58314000/jpg/_58314094_lomas.jpg

Mr Super Bad
11-09-2012, 10:10
I think he looks a bit 'police are questioning a local man'.

cambridgeblue
11-09-2012, 10:12
Karma...

:)

Brian_Fantana
11-09-2012, 10:13

Fantastic :D

Begbie's Moustache
11-09-2012, 10:14
Saints fans I know from my days at school have been hankering after getting rid of him since the summer. Yes, the same guy who completed the job of getting them a jolly in Turkey.

To be honest the team's been rank for months and hasn't won a match since March or something - doing its best to nearly blow the European place. Only Hearts winning the cup guaranteed it. That would put you off Lomas without needing any other reason. His constant blaming of budgets and stuff doesn't help.

But there have been all sorts of rumours about Lomas this summer which in the absence of any facts, grew arms and legs, and indeed got pretty nasty. This was clearly going on at the club and so nobody could comment - and the longer that went on, the more people made things up.

However amongst most Saints fans I know, the most heinous 'rumour' about Lomas is that he "sang the Sash in a Perth pub". There even purport to be recordings of it, although nobody's ever actually seen or heard one. I believe it to be nonsense - but it shows the hatred for all things considered close to Rangers at this point in time.

Compared to some of the other urban myths which if true would get someone jailed for a long time, singing a song was rather tame.

MccoistAlly
11-09-2012, 10:15
Get it round ye lomas.

pollokprod
11-09-2012, 10:21
Had 3 ST J players in the taxi a few weeks ago and they hated him. Also told me to bet him to be the first manager to leave the SPL before Christmas. And before anyone starts"why would they tell a stranger this " I know one of the players

dofekbilbo
11-09-2012, 10:27

And I laughed :D

mkgray
11-09-2012, 10:33
Few lads I know have been saying this for weeks. He also got on a table and started singing the sash at 1 supporters do

Blue Lew
11-09-2012, 10:35

Sounds like he was in the wrong place this time:ninja:

Fisher23
11-09-2012, 10:44
Always knew there was something off about him!

purdy1985
11-09-2012, 10:48
As a few people have mentioned already he does have the look of a beast

Any man who wears a flat cap and isn't filming a period drama or old enough to have served in the war is one to be watched

Million$man
11-09-2012, 11:08
Hopefully forced to resign. Another hater of our club.

hagi bear
11-09-2012, 11:11
Lomas is an ugly, greeting faced bastard

youngcitizen
11-09-2012, 11:14
To be honest the team's been rank for months and hasn't won a match since March or something - doing its best to nearly blow the European place. Only Hearts winning the cup guaranteed it. That would put you off Lomas without needing any other reason. His constant blaming of budgets and stuff doesn't help.

But there have been all sorts of rumours about Lomas this summer which in the absence of any facts, grew arms and legs, and indeed got pretty nasty. This was clearly going on at the club and so nobody could comment - and the longer that went on, the more people made things up.

However amongst most Saints fans I know, the most heinous 'rumour' about Lomas is that he "sang the Sash in a Perth pub". There even purport to be recordings of it, although nobody's ever actually seen or heard one. I believe it to be nonsense - but it shows the hatred for all things considered close to Rangers at this point in time.

Compared to some of the other urban myths which if true would get someone jailed for a long time, singing a song was rather tame.

Is the sash illegal????? Do you have to be a rangers fan to sing the sash??? hmm i know plenty of m/well, falkirk, hearts, man utd, chelsea, l/pool fans who sing the sash whats the problem here??

Tell you what if he had been on the table belting out a rebel song or some other anti english ditty he'd be a ****in hero to your scum support:mad:

adammurray
11-09-2012, 11:22
Lomas is an ugly, greeting faced bastard

He was involved in a relationship with a very fit looking page 3 girl some years back. :D

bruceybalboa
11-09-2012, 12:11
Ooooooooooh a costly legal battle looming for an already skint club?

Hope Cosgrove is crying into his pillow.

dundeebear82
11-09-2012, 12:12
Ooooooooooh a costly legal battle looming for an already skint club?

Hope Cosgrove is crying into his pillow.

Make a change fae biting it

deftone
11-09-2012, 12:14
wonder if the SPL will be filing a "bringing the game into disrepute" charge? Or is that just for us?:p

clubdeckcharlie
11-09-2012, 12:16
Make a change fae biting it

Ha ha, you are referring to the Jeremy Thorpe and Norman Scott poofery trial when Scott said that he had to bite the pillow when Thorpe was rogering him. The joke going around at that time was:

"What have Captain Kirk and Jeremy Thorpe got in common?

They both get full thrust out of Scotty!". :)

Ardoyne RSC
11-09-2012, 12:18
Is there some sort of link between ugly ginger Ulstermen and unwilling ladies?

Ardoyne RSC
11-09-2012, 12:20
He was involved in a relationship with a very fit looking page 3 girl some years back. :D

So was I. She was once on page 3 of the Shankill Mirror.:roll:

adamski
11-09-2012, 12:23
I'd suggest that this has now been released to the media deliberately in order to facilitate his swift departure.

CM Punk
11-09-2012, 12:24
Tell you what he doesn't half look the type.

...and why would a club secretary randomly decide to do this after 11 years with the company?

I hereby find the defendant GUILTY! :ninja:

buzz07
11-09-2012, 13:00
Don't care what songs he sings, he is a horrible arrogant individual.

Bluenose1303
11-09-2012, 13:10
Makes me ****ing chuckle

coplandrearl36
11-09-2012, 13:16

He's moved on to a 48yr old from Perth, that's a great grannie up there. ;)

W*A*T*P
11-09-2012, 13:18
Steve Lomas - Sex beast

RoaringMeg
11-09-2012, 13:21
He just looks rapey but not paedo rapey like Levein.

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/58314000/jpg/_58314094_lomas.jpg

Where's he thinking of putting that:ninja:

bruceybalboa
11-09-2012, 18:25
Dunno what's worse, that flatcap or Avrils sunglasses.

Begbie's Moustache
11-09-2012, 18:48
Is the sash illegal????? Do you have to be a rangers fan to sing the sash??? hmm i know plenty of m/well, falkirk, hearts, man utd, chelsea, l/pool fans who sing the sash whats the problem here??

Tell you what if he had been on the table belting out a rebel song or some other anti english ditty he'd be a ****in hero to your scum support:mad:

I'm merely pointing out how much of an anti-Rangers attitude exists even towards an SPL club's own manager. To the extent that rumoured singing of a Rangers-associated ditty, was considered worse than some pretty salacious other stuff that got a mention.

Total nonsense (as is your point about someone singing rebel songs, by the way).

tauntonbear
11-09-2012, 18:51
Oh there is nothing like a MILF
Nothing in the world
There is nothing that walks like a MILF
There's nothing talks like a MILF
There is nothing you can name
That is anything like a MILF

Saul_Goodman
11-09-2012, 18:51
Very rapey looking to be fair

Guilty as charged

Enigma
11-09-2012, 18:56
She put in a complaint of being sexually harrassed and she's the one who's sent home ffs. :mad: