PDA

View Full Version : Is this nothing more than a war between Rangers and Celtc?

bilkobear
10-09-2012, 22:09
Or maybe even the greater communities they represent?

Peter Liewell was once said to have voiced the words that his remit at The Filth was to 'nail Rangers'.
I wonder how many friendly Celtc minded journalists he let slip this phrase to when in their company?
The ginger horror at the BBC was heard to use the exact same phrase recently when discussing Rangers and the EBT situation, when he let slip on air the phrase, 'The SPL have enough to nail Rangers on this already'.
Coincidence?

John Reid the Protestant hating politician who taught his Labour Party pals the entire IRA songbook (Galloway told us this) appointed Liewell and has been very close to the firm that has head hunted Doncaster and Regan.
Could Republican John have always plotted and planned the demise of Rangers?

These people don't hate Rangers as a football team, they hate Rangers as a political bastion of their cultural antithesis.

Reid uttered a statement about The Filth no longer being treated as second class citizens.; what the feck did that mean?
Celtc have always had more influence within the SFA than Rangers, certainly in my lifetime, was Reid just muttering the age old chip on the shoulder poor old downtrodden Catholic myth and blaming it all on a football club?
On a football club fer****sake!!!

Certainly if any single part of Protestant Scotland has made this community feel downtrodden and distinctly second class, it has been Rangers.
We have made them our bitch since their sectarian inception.

Every boast they drunkenly utter anywhere in the world carries for them the unsettling real risk that those listening will say, 'ah but what about the mighty Rangers who always beat you in your own league, surely they are the greater?
Every bar room holiday relationship feckin ruined.
Those pesky fecking Prods eh?

So now they have filled the corridors of political power with their own, they infest every crevice of our football governing bodies.
They have the press, the media they have spent decades demonising our support and separating us from our fellow Protestant Scots and now when we are weak they have unabashedly gone in for the final kill.

Teeth bared and fully confident that no one will criticise their gratuitous use of power, they claw at every part of our being just to administer that final blow.
But, hey, we refuse to die; worse we are starting to fight back, we also have bared our teeth, we are again together and game for anything they dare throw at us, and we are strong, feck sake we are very fecking strong.
Oh .... and don't they now feckin know it.

Scottish football and its once familiar landscape is changed forever.
When the dust settles it will be something very new.
The real battles actually have just started and when the war is over there will have to be winners and losers.

So what is all this all really about?
Why do we find ourselves here, after all it is all just a game isn't it?

isawthat
10-09-2012, 22:14
We remain The People, and they don't like it one little bit, hence the witch hunt and bloodletting.

Dunantblue
10-09-2012, 22:16
They might be pulling a lot of strings, but it is now a war between our club and the rest of the Scottish football establishment. They brought this on us all, so they better be prepared for what's coming.

deedle
10-09-2012, 22:18
Politicians would have us believe that songs are the root cause of bad feeling between supporters - even if they are barely discernible on TV.

The reality is that the behaviour of Reid and Lawwell - and their placemen at the SFA and SPL - will have an infinitely greater impact on tensions within Scotland.

scott13rangers
10-09-2012, 22:19
hear hear bilkobear

corkie
10-09-2012, 22:20
They might be pulling a lot of strings, but it is now a war between our club and the rest of the Scottish football establishment. They brought this on us all, so they better be prepared for what's coming.

Bang on the money ,Dunantblue

am proud 2 b blue
10-09-2012, 22:22
If only the other clubs would open their eyes and see what that club really is.

toadegree
10-09-2012, 22:23
They hate the fact that we refused to die, have regained strength, and are now fighting back.

bearfaecumbernauld
10-09-2012, 22:24
Charles Green needs to remain steadfast and continue the fight. His statement tonight was great and we need to follow up and maintain a No Surrender attitude.

Toby77
10-09-2012, 22:26
Bang on the money Bilko, I would be thinking the rest of the SPL teams want no part of this now. Our enemies have overplayed their hand imo.

mad4rfcme
10-09-2012, 22:31
That is one cracking post from Bilkobear and i concur.

Doddys Y Fronts
10-09-2012, 22:38
Excellent post Bilko !

Bang on the money - the shadow boxing we see here in the sporting arena with Rangers and Molestic FC , always mirrors what happens on the streets of central Scotland , with all of its resulting political overtones.

They all smelled the apathy of the rest of the country - only the small band of bros following Rangers were still holding fast to the ideals of the United Kingdom and the reformation.

They had to silence us somehow - by taking away our club,by demonising us and all we stand for , by underhanded and corrupt methods using their media friends , and by a constant barrage of 'sectarian / anti-irish' crap from the church of Rome in Scotland.

It has all came to this - one man speaking out , telling it as it is...will it be enough to have the house of cards fall ?

GG_glasgow
10-09-2012, 22:39
We will never surrender

bilkobear
10-09-2012, 22:40
Bang on the money Bilko, I would be thinking the rest of the SPL teams want no part of this now. Our enemies have overplayed their hand imo.

This is the exact point I should have made at the end of my post.

Is it really in the interests of the longterm future of the other SPL clubs to get involved in a war between ourselves and The Filth?

Up until now they have allowed themselves to be drawn in as pawns.
Some even foolishly believed there were benefits to be had.

Now as lines are being clearly drawn and it is ever more apparant that it is The Filth and The Filth alone who seek conflict and that it is only they who can ever benefit, surely the other clubs in Scotland should be weighing up where all this is going and why they have allowed themselves to recklessly become involved?

Really they should get off the street and disappear back into the saloon and the barbers and leave the shoot out to be settled by the only two gunmen who really have issues.

Rangers2011
10-09-2012, 22:41
My only fear is this is heading one way, violence on the streets.

Imo it's been heading this way since the day Reid joined there board.

Davie800
10-09-2012, 22:43
Charles Green needs to remain steadfast and continue the fight. His statement tonight was great and we need to follow up and maintain a No Surrender attitude.

C.G. has shown us today with his statement, this is going all the way.The disrepute charge against him was only a bit of childsplay. The big boys stuff has now begun.

N.S.

W.A.T.P.

gazza162
10-09-2012, 22:43
When septic made the ginger bigot their manager it was a statement of intent .They gave a high profile job to a man? with no managerial experience ,with mental health problems ,and a horrible c--t into the bargain .Lennon was put in place as an agitator not
as a football manager.

Earl of Leven
10-09-2012, 22:46
It is a war in another way.....IF they want to take it all the way legally there is only one source of money. One.

Any guesses what that source might be?

Blair Bear
10-09-2012, 22:48
Brilliant post, they have managed to spin it to sound like Scottish football wants us punished, we all know it is coming from only one place, leiwell and his strategically placed corrupt scum. They know that to get power you have to get yourself to the top table quietly and then you can influence decisions to suit your own agenda.

mkgray
10-09-2012, 22:49
They want to destroy rangers, not just for footballing reasons, now everyone can see it, this time we are standing up and have someone who we can stand with. Green maybe good at PR but he is currently taking the war to our enemies, I stand behind him on that front

Earl of Leven
10-09-2012, 22:50
Now the 'wavering clubs' will want answers from Lawell, Petrie and Thompson. And not flim-flam.

bobans27
10-09-2012, 22:52
What they have actually done is galvanised the largest support in the country, now prepared to stand shoulder to shoulder against anyone brave enough to challenge us.

They brought together a support who in the past lay back and allowed itself to be stabbed in the back and trodden on. Well the tide has turned, we no longer have owners at the club that wont fight our corner, we've got a guy who is prepared to speak his mind and protect the club and us as supporters.

They've awoken a sleeping giant.

rocker
10-09-2012, 22:53
My only fear is this is heading one way, violence on the streets. Imo it's been heading this way since the day Reid joined there board. I think this has been the Yahoos plan all along. They want images of Celtic fans lying in pools of blood in the gutter splashed across our tv screens and newspaper front pages.

Doddys Y Fronts
10-09-2012, 22:53

There's always been violence on the streets mate...especially now some local authorities find it perfectly acceptable to let a vermin republican parade take place whilst criticising the need for a well established loyal order walk to remain on its regular route.

The politicians and the religious nuts are to blame in ALL of this - every single thing. Our politicians and ministry are either too scared or too liberal to stand up to their equivalent vermin counterpart...have been for years....thats why we've seen the total apathy of Scots Protestants as the RC church of scotland muscles its way towards being the most vocal christian faith , and the RC politicians follow church sermons rather than party politics.

Football is another form of this sparring going on - them V's Us.
We've been slapped down hard and in a stranglehold - now we've fought free and are looking for the opportunity to take the match.

They hate us...and all we stand for...we can only do our best in returning the compliment.

weebear
10-09-2012, 22:55
When septic made the ginger bigot their manager it was a statement of intent .They gave a high profile job to a man? with no managerial experience ,with mental health problems ,and a horrible c--t into the bargain .Lennon was put in place as an agitator not
as a football manager.

Don't forget his bad teeth, noone should forget that.

derbomber
10-09-2012, 22:56
We are Rangers.

Let the battle commence.

WATP

steven13
10-09-2012, 22:58
Totally agree with the OP , the fightback has started from us . Charles Green statement would never have been made in our recent past

erskineayready
10-09-2012, 22:59
we never did .... we never will SURRENDER

op what a post been saying similar for a long time

they want a fight ... they will fookin get one.. bring it on:mad:

TheGreatRadish
10-09-2012, 23:01
I agree.

However, they failed utterly to kill us and what a mistake that will prove to be, they had one chance and they blew it.

RFC was an already severely wounded lion that suffered an attack by a pack of hyenas. They did serious damage and the lion limped off hurt and wounded. Oh how the filthy animals rejoiced, all the time failing to realise that their victory was the final step to transforming their already bleak landscape to that which is barren.

Meanwhile, the lion is on its way back, with its health restored and its pride for company. The hyenas know what's coming and the panic has set in. They stand together for now, behind the leader of the pack, an unrepentant scavenger, a cowardly thief lacking in grace, beauty and brains.

The lion and its pride is hungry and vengeful. Best of all it knows and remembers every detail of its humiliatingly darkest hours. Upon its return, the great animal will duel with the leader of the hyena pack. The victor is beyond doubt. The hyena pack will disperse and flee, as it always has.

The lion will be king once again, feared by all. That's a promise.

tazzabear
10-09-2012, 23:02

This is the way I see it.
Rangers v Scottish football, well the SPL, with septic in the background, pulling the strings.
There can be no other realistic scenario in my book.
If the SPL didn't have the support of septic they couldn't have the bottle to sustain ongoing challenges such as those they are trying just now.

srongorm
10-09-2012, 23:04
Politicians would have us believe that songs are the root cause of bad feeling between supporters - even if they are barely discernible on TV.

The reality is that the behaviour of Reid and Lawwell - and their placemen at the SFA and SPL - will have an infinitely greater impact on tensions within Scotland.

Absolutely bang on.

AD bear
10-09-2012, 23:04
Personally i think this has bigger implications to Scottish football than us v them .The sooner Doncaster realises this and begins to act as his job dictates the better.

dallen57
10-09-2012, 23:06

We have been waiting for this day!! What a boost for our club, Stay in the driving seat:) Won't sleep tonight:roll:

buggibabear
10-09-2012, 23:06
Do the rest of the SPL clubs and the media condone child abuse.
It certainly looks like it.
It is about time they started to speak out and stand up and be counted.

Wisny me
10-09-2012, 23:09
as a football manager.

He hasn't ahieved much. Good for us that he is mediocre.

I just hope they get humiliated in europe. No points.

dmgers
10-09-2012, 23:15
It's refreshing atlast to have someone with balls (Mr Green) to call these bigots out and stand up for OUR club.
Bring them down Charlie we are right behing you.
WATP

bilkobear
10-09-2012, 23:40

Do you think Reid doesn't know this?

Has he underestimated the effect his and these actions will have on Scottish society (we must assume Liewell is just a puppet) or does he not care, because it suits some sort of greater purpose?

Brigton9
10-09-2012, 23:47
I think this has been the Yahoos plan all along. They want images of Celtic fans lying in pools of blood in the gutter splashed across our tv screens and newspaper front pages.

Wait a minute, that makes me a yahoo then!!!

CambridgeBear
10-09-2012, 23:47
Nail on head !!

tacneb21
11-09-2012, 00:04
The scum, along with their pawns, thought that we would revert to type, i.e, the apathy & dignified silence shown by our board under Murray, whenever we were attacked by the usual suspects in our media sector.

I, for one, hope that we take this fight all the way, (penn state cover-up), & that the rhats get what they deserve.

DEXAVIA
11-09-2012, 00:06
I agree.

However, they failed utterly to kill us and what a mistake that will prove to be, they had one chance and they blew it.

RFC was an already severely wounded lion that suffered an attack by a pack of hyenas. They did serious damage and the lion limped off hurt and wounded. Oh how the filthy animals rejoiced, all the time failing to realise that their victory was the final step to transforming their already bleak landscape to that which is barren.

Meanwhile, the lion is on its way back, with its health restored and its pride for company. The hyenas know what's coming and the panic has set in. They stand together for now, behind the leader of the pack, an unrepentant scavenger, a cowardly thief lacking in grace, beauty and brains.

The lion and its pride is hungry and vengeful. Best of all it knows and remembers every detail of its humiliatingly darkest hours. Upon its return, the great animal will duel with the leader of the hyena pack. The victor is beyond doubt. The hyena pack will disperse and flee, as it always has.

This is Eddie Izzard I'm guessing.

allrightfeet
11-09-2012, 00:07
I agree.

You are an excellent wordsmith my man . Very well put. ;)

Dadoprso's ponytail9
11-09-2012, 00:12
If it is a war between us n them Charlie didn't start it but hes determined to win it!

doc holliday
11-09-2012, 00:18
Reid's intention and singular remit was always to effect a sea change distinctly in the mhanks favour.Taking on the SFA was a picnic for him given his political background,influence and connections.A moribund, rudderless and ineffectual Rangers FC made it so easy for him.

Toby77
11-09-2012, 00:32
This is an interesting conundrum. For CG and backers to realise a significant return on their investment they can't roll over. He knows the best way to get investment from us is by defending us from the celtic minded cabal at the centre of the sfa/spl. CG will lose all credibility if he backs out (regardless of whether this is being done for the right or wrong reasons). This is now the endgame being played out and the results will define Scottish football for the next 50 years. Liwell is not a machiavellian genius, he has had a very compliant media and an ineffectual Rangers board against him. What we are seeing is his lack of power when he is stood upto. He's just a bully who has had a free ride.

Toby77
11-09-2012, 00:33
I agree.

A lovely turn of phrase but I did just watch the lion king for the first time with my little girl and I can see the similarities!

turrabear
11-09-2012, 00:42

well said sir.

barneybear
11-09-2012, 00:49
I think this has been the Yahoos plan all along. They want images of Celtic fans lying in pools of blood in the gutter splashed across our tv screens and newspaper front pages.

FM/. I don't have a problem with that at all. I want those ****ers lying in pools of blood after all they have put us through. I just want it published, not as sectarianism, not as anti Kafflik, not as anti anything, BUT, only as the truth. As in any football rivalry, I hate sellick for being sellick and, (BTW, I am NOT a 'Proddie');)

douzpwa
11-09-2012, 00:54
The answer is yes its celtic and catholic bigotry against us!

loopyjuice
11-09-2012, 01:03

Seriously mate?

Tim Hunter
11-09-2012, 01:17

They do that to each other every weekend.:p

lowerhuttloyal
11-09-2012, 02:30
Our enemies biggest mistake was leaving us with a pulse.

canalbear
11-09-2012, 07:12
The lack of Rangers in the SPL is not something the celtic fans seem to be enjoying(going by bums on seats).Peter's, grand plan ,makes terrible business sense.

gertilidie
11-09-2012, 07:50

They made out the boy who was murdered in Blantyre to be sectarian motivated when it was actually one of their own who killed him . Even if it had been a Rangers fan , why does it have to be sectarian.....these are issues we have to address in future, Rangers will have to question every media outlet when this occurs

Ardoyne RSC
11-09-2012, 07:51
This is a war we must win (for the sake of both Scotland and Scottish football - not that I care all that much for Scottish football at the moment). If, God forbid, they succeed in destroying us, can you imagine the havoc they will wreak on the rest of football?
Like the collaborators in countries occupied by the Nazis, those in Sheep City, Dundee Hivs, Hibs etc are celebrating just now, but they know that payback is coming - and they will be ****ed irrespective of who wins, either the forces of democracy and freedom, or by their erstwhile allies at the Paedodrome, who will swat them like the insignificant insects they are, when they have outlived their usefulness.

The_Gub
11-09-2012, 08:26
To have a war you need two sides competing.

That lot of ours in this joust?

You have to be joking.

There has to be a complete overhaul at Ibrox before battle commences.

Gardy Loyal
11-09-2012, 08:36
I'm up for the fight. These bastards have awoken our support and they will live to regret it.

See you at the front bears.

47blue
11-09-2012, 08:45

Peter Liewell was once said to have voiced the words that his remit at The Filth was to 'nail Rangers'.
I wonder how many friendly Celtc minded journalists he let slip this phrase to when in their company?
The ginger horror at the BBC was heard to use the exact same phrase recently when discussing Rangers and the EBT situation, when he let slip on air the phrase, 'The SPL have enough to nail Rangers on this already'.
Coincidence?

John Reid the Protestant hating politician who taught his Labour Party pals the entire IRA songbook (Galloway told us this) appointed Liewell and has been very close to the firm that has head hunted Doncaster and Regan.

These people don't hate Rangers as a football team, they hate Rangers as a political bastion of their cultural antithesis.

Reid uttered a statement about The Filth no longer being treated as second class citizens.; what the feck did that mean?
Celtc have always had more influence within the SFA than Rangers, certainly in my lifetime, was Reid just muttering the age old chip on the shoulder poor old downtrodden Catholic myth and blaming it all on a football club?

Certainly if any single part of Protestant Scotland has made this community feel downtrodden and distinctly second class, it has been Rangers.

Every boast they drunkenly utter anywhere in the world carries for them the unsettling real risk that those listening will say, 'ah but what about the mighty Rangers who always beat you in your own league, surely they are the greater?

So now they have filled the corridors of political power with their own, they infest every crevice of our football governing bodies.
They have the press, the media they have spent decades demonising our support and separating us from our fellow Protestant Scots and now when we are weak they have unabashedly gone in for the final kill.

Teeth bared and fully confident that no one will criticise their gratuitous use of power, they claw at every part of our being just to administer that final blow.
But, hey, we refuse to die; worse we are starting to fight back, we also have bared our teeth, we are again together and game for anything they dare throw at us, and we are strong, feck sake we are very fecking strong.

The real battles actually have just started and when the war is over there will have to be winners and losers.

Superb post

bilkobear
11-09-2012, 09:57

You have to be joking.

Surely you must have noticed a difference in our posture since Green too over?

Houlet
11-09-2012, 10:00
It is now!

KarlPilkington
11-09-2012, 10:07
and if it wasnt for Charles Green the bheasts would have got their own way

bilkobear
12-09-2012, 13:14
This is the comment made today by a journalist in The Herald newspaper.
One that we know is more than Celtc Minded, nonetheless it is very telling.
He is asking whether Rangers cheated regarding EBT's and whether we gained a sporting advantage in so doing.

He could have been answering his own question with his Celtc scarf on and his right hand firmly grasping the crucifix around his neck, we will never know.
But this is what he said.

In my mind the answer is undoubtedly 'yes'. But let's not forget the lessons of Versailles: bloodlust rebounds.

The SPL enquiry punishment doesn't arouse great passion in me. And it shouldn't either for Celtic fans. For them I'd argue the victory is in the fact that their greatest rival died.

The 125-year long struggle ended with the collapse of the adversary. The war was won. Achilles vanquished Hector.

The war was won.
Not the sporting duel of over a century where of course they got their arses handed to them on a plate decade upon decade, no the war.

The truth is and it is now becoming more valid by the day.
We have been in a war, we just never feckin realised it.

But we do now.

bluebunny1
12-09-2012, 13:20

You have to be joking.

There has been a copmlete overhaul at Ibrox, no ? Or do you mean that the management team has to go as well ? The owners are new, the support is re-invigorated, the squad is new, the football landscape has changed - what else needs to be overhauled ?? What "lot" are you talking about ?

The_Gub
12-09-2012, 13:53
Surely you must have noticed a difference in our posture since Green too over?

One newcomer speaking out is a revolution?

Is the CEO's speaking out pleasing? Absolutely.

But it needs to be throughout the whole club and the manager dissing sciaf PUBLICLY would be a sign of better times.

Some people are easy pleased.

unionflag
12-09-2012, 14:14
Now the 'wavering clubs' will want answers from Lawell, Petrie and Thompson. And not flim-flam.

and this is where we can score by having conversations with and asking their supporters what does your team have to gain here ?

Their supporters should then be firing the same question to their own directors ..after all didnt those SPHell directors give their fans a voice when it came to the vote earlier ...

there could and should be a chain reaction ...especially in local press ...

WokinghamBear
12-09-2012, 14:32
The rivalry has certainly stopped being about football.

We are not in the same division or even league setup as Celtic yet we are all they talk & think about.

Dedalus
12-09-2012, 15:34
They hate the fact that we refused to die, have regained strength, and are now fighting back.

I think it's that simple.

Earl of Leven
12-09-2012, 15:49
You know what they say:

"Double cross and sneaky dealings....are what you get....."

gourockblue50
12-09-2012, 17:49
Great post OP.

I hope CG is up for what is ahead.

WATP.

gunter netzer
12-09-2012, 20:53

Coincidence?

can anyone remember reids holy willies across the water statement and what it was about?

white owl
12-09-2012, 22:42

i think you are right, i am getting angrier by the day, its not just ceptic, ots the one sided reporting the double standard, i am sick to the back teeth of it all, but what realisticly what can we do, i feel so ficin frustrated and helpless, we need to do somthing we need to orginise but i dont know what, or to who we would go to,

Steadfast
12-09-2012, 22:50
I have a feeling that Mr Green is up to the task of leading us into battle against our enemies.

Bring it on!