PDA

View Full Version : Allan Hutton

yosemite sam
10-09-2012, 15:58
Theres lots of media,scotland fans etc complaining if Levein picks Black,or if he was to pick Wallace for Scotland.Personally,i couldnt give a shit.Thing is,he is playing Alan Hutton,when does he ever get a game for his club?He has been told he was to find another club as he wasnt in his club managers future plans.Surely a player who is playing competitive football on regular basis is worth selection before a guy who at best makes the subs bench for club,but seldom plays.

AllysArmy
10-09-2012, 15:59
Hutton is the best RB at Scotland.

sregnar
10-09-2012, 15:59
He was garbage on Saturday but still the best option they have

W*A*T*P
10-09-2012, 16:00
He wont even make the bench. Lambert has him training with the U19's

AllysArmy
He was garbage on Saturday

I thought he was decent. Win freekicks all day for you on the right hand side.

Bigfoot
So you want to see Wallace or Black playing right back for Scotland?

53easy

When Phil Bardsley is injured.

Whitey_22

He trains with the Villa kids though and the only time he ever plays 1st team football is for Scotland.

AllysArmy
10-09-2012, 16:01
When Phil Bardsley is injured.

That's quite funny, Bardsley is a bombscare at the best of times.

Baxter79
If you are not playing for your club or even in their plans, you should not be playing for the national team.

sregnar

Defensively a bomb scare imo

Lucky not to be at fault for a goal in the 2nd half

JellaFella
If you are picking Hutton you would be as well picking McFadden because its about the same amount of time since they last showed anything like form. :ninja:

200000 Heroes
He had one good season with us ...

Can someone please convince me his is still worth anything near 9m ... ???

AllysArmy
He trains with the Villa kids though and the only time he ever plays 1st team football is for Scotland.

Ian Black has 1 previous cap.

I can't imagine any manager being in a rush to cap him again, regardless of who he plays for.

Commanchie
10-09-2012, 16:02
Which tells you how shite the rest of them are.

hagi bear
Bardsley is a first choice for Sunderland

Alan Hutton is training on his own because his manager is so desperate to get him out of the club

This isn't Hutton of 2007, the boy has been dogturd for 4 years now (outwith a 3 month spell for Tottenham at the start of the 10/11 season)

papasmurf
It makes no sense. Getting almost no game time in the EPL is better than regular game time in the SFL. Surely becuase that is down to the state of the art training facilities that an EPL club has. Oh wait.

But the bench warmer will be more match fit. Oh wait.

Its daft. If a player is good enough and is fit enough he should play regardless of the league he plays in.

Borders
10-09-2012, 16:03
Hutton has been pretty rotten for a long time. I actually didn't think he was too bad against Serbia.

Whitey_22
Ian Black has 1 previous cap.

I can't imagine any manager being in a rush to cap him again, regardless of who he plays for.

The issue is surely to do with Levein's inconsistency with selection policy. Can't pick Rangers players because the 3rd Division is not good enough, but can stick Hutton straight in to the starting 11 even though his last match was the last time Scotland played months beforehand.

papasmurf
He had one good season with us ...

Can someone please convince me his is still worth anything near 9m ... ???

It wasnt a year, more like 3 months. But during that time (if that was his real sustainable ability) he would have been well worth it. It isnt, he isnt.

Whitey_22
10-09-2012, 16:05
It wasnt a year, more like 3 months. But during that time (if that was his real sustainable ability) he would have been well worth it. It isnt, he isnt.

He was sensational during that period and looking back, we did well to get rid while his stock was high as he was crap before that and has been crap ever since.

hagi bear
10-09-2012, 16:06
The Hutton fee was incredible given he couldn't defend. He'd been horribly exposed a few times already that season.

AllysArmy
10-09-2012, 16:07
The issue is surely to do with Levein's inconsistency with selection policy. Can't pick Rangers players because the 3rd Division is not good enough, but can stick Hutton straight in to the starting 11 even though his last match was the last time Scotland played months beforehand.

What about before Black was at Rangers? He's not progressed THAT much in 1 month, has he? :confused:

Baxter79
10-09-2012, 16:07
Hutton has been pretty rotten for a long time. I actually didn't think he was too bad against Serbia.

Can't remember the last time he produced a decent run of form.

Maybe our best piece of business ever!

Whitey_22
10-09-2012, 16:08
What about before Black was at Rangers? He's not progressed THAT much in 1 month, has he? :confused:

He'd been on the edge of getting picked for years and finally got a call up after lots of other guys pulled out. Seems about right to me, if someone pulls out you go for the next guy in line; in this case that was Ian Black.

yosemite sam
10-09-2012, 16:08
If you are not playing for your club or even in their plans, you should not be playing for the national team.
^^^^^^^
EXACTLY!
Where is the same clamour by fans to complain about Hutton getting a game when he only really plays for villa reserves,but are quick to vilify if a Rangers player was selected because of what division we are in.

hagi bear
10-09-2012, 16:10
Has to be asked though why Lambert hates Hutton so much that he doesn't even let him train with his peers. Did they have any run ins during Old Firm games?

It's not like the Aston Villa squad is brimming with talent

AllysArmy
10-09-2012, 16:12
He'd been on the edge of getting picked for years and finally got a call up after lots of other guys pulled out. Seems about right to me, if someone pulls out you go for the next guy in line; in this case that was Ian Black.

"On the edge of getting picked for years"

Surely if you're on the edge for YEARS. Then it's down to the MANAGERS not fancying you and not what division you play in?

I think using Allan Hutton to try and justify why Black should be picked is a bad argument.

However I do feel Black should be in the squad.

Saul_Goodman
10-09-2012, 16:13
Fat bassa now, time for him to hit the gym.

berkshiretrueblue
10-09-2012, 16:14
Hutton was poor on Saturday and he was lucky to stay on the park however he is still the best right back that Scotland can call on and I don't see anyone that currently comes close. There are other players in that Scottish Team however that should be no where near the starting line up, Miller being a prime example.

bearfaecumbernauld
10-09-2012, 16:18
Typical Levein.

He wont pick Black or Wallace as we play in Div 3 (I'm glad as I dont want them getting injured playing for Scotland) but Hutton is picked and he's not playing any games other than reserves if that.

A joke from a joke of a manager and national football association.

Sir Duncan Ferguson
10-09-2012, 16:19
McNaughton of Cardiff should the right back just now.

papasmurf
10-09-2012, 16:20
Has to be asked though why Lambert hates Hutton so much that he doesn't even let him train with his peers. Did they have any run ins during Old Firm games?

Would they have played at the same time??

hagi bear
10-09-2012, 16:22
Would they have played at the same time??

Aye. Dumbert was at Celtic until 2005, Hutton played about 40 games for us in that time.

Not sure if they ever shared a pitch though

fsf26f4
10-09-2012, 16:22
I don't think Black is good enough to play for Scotland. There are better players for the position.

Wallace however should at the very least be in the squad as he is very capable left back regardless of what level he is playing at.

RangersNumberFour
10-09-2012, 16:24
If you arent playing competitive football, then you shouldnt be in the squad.

He isnt exactly playing great either when he does play with Scotland to justify his selection anyway!

macdonsj
10-09-2012, 16:25
he got continually left for dead
gave the ball away in mad areas - inc near the end which left them a good chance
his two footed tackle was idiocy and luckily not to be sent off

Tomato Plant
10-09-2012, 16:27

Wallace is the best LB in Scotland

jjbscotty
10-09-2012, 16:29
McNaughton of Cardiff should the right back just now.As a one time Tennis great once said "You cannot be Serious":eek:

Sir Duncan Ferguson
10-09-2012, 16:31
As a one time Tennis great once said "You cannot be Serious":eek:

As opposed to Fat Arse Hutton who seems more intent in winding up and injuring the opposition than he does playing football ?

Yep. McNaughton for me.

jabwatp
10-09-2012, 16:35
If Hutton had stayed at Rangers instead of chasing 's his form would probably have continued.

Spurs dumped him, Villa are desperate to dump him, a waste of talent, a big time Charlie now, best days are gone

Levein still picking him says a lot more about Levein than it does about Hutton

blair_omnibus
10-09-2012, 16:39
An awful player.

If Levein stuck to his word, he wouldn't be in the squad.

If a normal man was manager, he'd be dropped for being shite.

hagi bear
10-09-2012, 16:45
If Hutton had stayed at Rangers instead of chasing 's his form would probably have continued.

Spurs dumped him, Villa are desperate to dump him, a waste of talent, a big time Charlie now, best days are gone

Levein still picking him says a lot more about Levein than it does about Hutton

He was hardly chasing 's lol. He wanted to stay and was asked to leave the club, supposedly told we would go into administration if he didn't

amabluestar
10-09-2012, 16:47

And gets caught wondering up the park far to often.

blutos
10-09-2012, 16:53

Definitely. We all know he's not that great anymore, but surely he's a better option than Eric Lichaj!? Infact, I don't even think Villa have 2 natural rights backs in their squad.

I mean... Matthew ****in' Lowton is getting a game. :D

orange 'n' blue
10-09-2012, 19:05
Levein has certainly made an arse of it by saying he would find it difficult to pick SFL3 players whilst picking a guy whose only competitive football is his dug trying to get the ball of him down the park.