PDA

View Full Version : Why the hatred for other SPL clubs?

papasmurf
10-09-2012, 10:05
Ok, I get the scum, and DU, and Aberdeen.

I dont get the others. I get that they voted for us to be kicked out of the league, but thats what most of us thought would be fair.

There has been the odd statement from them saying we should be punished etc.

I get the SPL in terms of the leaders are at best not fit for purpose, same goes for the SFA.

But why the hatred for the other clubs?

Maybe I am missing the blinding obvious......

bluewater1
10-09-2012, 10:10

I dont get the others. I get that they voted for us to be kicked out of the league, but thats what most of us thought would be fair.

I get the SPL in terms of the leaders are at best not fit for purpose, same goes for the SFA.

Don't know where you get that perception from mate. Once it was decided we were getting thrown out I was happy to go to the 3rd Div. These plums wanted us into the 1st:mad:

I always remember the smug looks of self importance as they chairmen all to'd and frowed from Hampdump plus all the wee digs from the supporters.

Feck them all

90minsofmadness
10-09-2012, 10:10
Fans have acted like arsholes the whole situation.

Many of the clubs too, Dundee Utd, Hearts, Aberdeen, Caley Thistle nd St Mirren all making statements which were daft.

Torque87
10-09-2012, 10:11
I think you have had the blinkers on for the past half a year or so. The hatred and contempt showen by ALL these clubs has been sickening to the stomach. A quick example is our upcoming tie with Motherwell, has Motherwell fans threatening to boycott the match as it's at Ibrox. Killie supporters protested against their own chairman as he didn't vote "no" to kicking us out the SPL. The list of examples could go on and on and on...................

flootbon
10-09-2012, 10:12
Because they are dishonest and corrupt.

Their directors said they were acting in the interests of sporting integrity. That was a lie.

They handed the decision on our future to their fans. Their fans were blackmailing them.

So together the directors of these clubs, and their fans ditched us, under the lie of sporting integrity.

I think the Motherwell decision was made on the basis of the votes of less than 500 of their fans. I believe a poll of Motherwell fans stated that even if it meant their own club's demise, they would still vote Rangers out of the SPL.

Go to the Pie and Bovril site, and read the views of the SPL clubs supporters. It will open your eyes.

macsloyal
10-09-2012, 10:15

Don't know where you're getting that from to be fair. Surely it would've been fair to stay where we were while a police investigation into a possibly fraudulent takeover is ongoing.

mpayton15277
10-09-2012, 10:15
The chairman voted us out (while screaming sporting integrity)on the condition SFL clubs would be bullied into voting us into D1.

Their fans(almost all of them)have been wishing us dead,spouting bile and hatred,which I have been surprised by,from some of them,basically stabbed us in the back and aligned themselves with the scum

BlueNotWhyte
10-09-2012, 10:18
The SPL is a corrupt cartel of thieving bigots.

Simples.

papasmurf
10-09-2012, 10:18
Don't know where you're getting that from to be fair. Surely it would've been fair to stay where we were while a police investigation into a possibly fraudulent takeover is ongoing.

I ran a poll on here several months back when it was clear we were going down the liquidation route. It might have been after, I cant remember exactly.

However, the over whelming majority felt that we should have been placed into division 3. And that we should remain in the SPL.

As for them trying to get us into div 1, I dont have a problem with that. We all know how procarious their balance sheets are, so by wanting us in div 1, they were looking after their clubs.

Sporting integrity, we all know thats pish.

tacneb21
10-09-2012, 10:20

Where have you been the last 6-7 months, in a cocoon???

blueboyron
10-09-2012, 10:21

Have you not seen the pure hatred from them all towards us this year ?
Its been non stop since admin. Hate them all f**k them

GarrieRFC
There fans more than anything for me. There is a boy who supports Motherwell on my Facebook and he has been probably the worst which is why I hope we thump them on the 26!!

papasmurf

Their directors said they were acting in the interests of sporting integrity. That was a lie.

They handed the decision on our future to their fans. Their fans were blackmailing them.

So together the directors of these clubs, and their fans ditched us, under the lie of sporting integrity.

I think the Motherwell decision was made on the basis of the votes of less than 500 of their fans. I believe a poll of Motherwell fans stated that even if it meant their own club's demise, they would still vote Rangers out of the SPL.

Go to the Pie and Bovril site, and read the views of the SPL clubs supporters. It will open your eyes.

They were never going to vote to have us in the league, why would they? They wanted us in div 1 so for one season they could all jump up one position in the league, whilst having the best chance at keeping the sky revenue.

Some of the statements were ill advised. I get that. But I dont think we were ever likely to see anything other than clubs look after their own interests.

Sergio
10-09-2012, 10:22

They are parasites (literally) that tried to kill their host - not a wise move and one we should not forget.

They all spoke of financial integrity - but they all base their income not on self sufficiency, but on the fan power of the Rangers support.

papasmurf
10-09-2012, 10:23

I dont pay much attention to anthing they say. I never have. They are rival/competitors fans. They are never likely to come out with positive responses.

PartickGer
They have all drunk from Lawell's poisoned chalice. I hope all of them end up in the grubber.

chrissyboyrfc
Its the fans mostly, they have crept about in the long grass for years just waiting to put the boot in and the moment their chance came they did it. Not only did it but enjoyed it, they gleefully put the boot into us.

The songs sung at all the SPL grounds bout us, the nonsense of threatening to boycott if we were kept in then naw going anyway etc is what makes me hate them all.

Its the sheer audacity of it all tbh, their shitey wee clubs had one moment of power ever in Scotland and they milked it for all it was worth and did it happily. They are nothing clubs and forget that, the intention was to try and step on us to make themselves that little bit bigger but the bottom line is even in the 3rd we are still a bigger deal than these absolute tinpot, no marks.

NS
10-09-2012, 10:24

FFS

Where do you start with this

This has got to be a wind up or you ain't no Rangers fan

We are lying on our backs & these clubs are dipping our pockets

blueboyron
10-09-2012, 10:25
I dont pay much attention to anthing they say. I never have. They are rival/competitors fans. They are never likely to come out with positive responses.

Nothing wrong with rivalry even them not liking us, but the pure hatred i cannot understand !

papasmurf
10-09-2012, 10:26
FFS

Where do you start with this

This has got to be a wind up or you ain't no Rangers fan

We are lying on our backs & these clubs are dipping our pockets

Start where you like. I am never one to conform to what everyone else thinks just because its the popular opinion. I'm asking the question, because its a question I would like to know the answer to.

blair_omnibus
10-09-2012, 10:27
We all thought it was fair that we were voted out of the SPL?

Erm, nope.

I don't think you've understood anything that has happened this year.

GG_glasgow
10-09-2012, 10:28
So when you are in intensive care the guy along the street comes in and trys to pull the plug out everytime the nurse is away and you are not supposed to hate him.

Did the SPL have to vote Rangers out of the SPL?
Did the spl have o keep Rangers prize money?
Did the spl club when they did vote us out ry to sort it through corruption to put us into the 1 st division to protect themselfs.
Did the SFA withhold the licence o play till the last day ? WHY?

and the list goes on.

macsloyal
10-09-2012, 10:28
I ran a poll on here several months back when it was clear we were going down the liquidation route. It might have been after, I cant remember exactly.

However, the over whelming majority felt that we should have been placed into division 3. And that we should remain in the SPL.

As for them trying to get us into div 1, I dont have a problem with that. We all know how procarious their balance sheets are, so by wanting us in div 1, they were looking after their clubs.

Sporting integrity, we all know thats pish.

I'm guessing you meant "shouldn't stay in the SPL" which surprises me that the majority would vote for that, unless we were talking about sanctions being added that would make us uncompetitive.

papasmurf
10-09-2012, 10:35
I'm guessing you meant "shouldn't stay in the SPL" which surprises me that the majority would vote for that, unless we were talking about sanctions being added that would make us uncompetitive.

Yes, sorry, thats what I meant.

I cant recall the wording of the question, nor the timing. But essentially it was, where should we be playing our football next season given our liquidation.

I am sure it was 70%+ who said we should be playing in div 3. Very few said the SPL, and a good number said div1.

Look, I get why we hold serious feelings towards the people involved in the whole process. But for me, my hatred is mainly held for the people at the top, the scum, DU and aberdeen.

The other clubs have just taken the chance to try to progress their clubs and yes, put the boot in when we were down. But I wouldnt have expected anything different. It annoys me, but I am not getting overly worked up about it.

I know my view isnt what is the norm on here, but it is what it is.

madrid51
10-09-2012, 10:41

Why would anyone think it fair, I certainly didn't and don't, I hope each and every single club in the sphell implodes along with the sphell.

scooter70
10-09-2012, 10:45
The OP is exactly what concerns me about when we eventually get back to the top league, whatever it looks like

If its only been 2 or 3 months and people are already forgetting how hateful and spiteful all SPL clubs fans were then what chance do we have in 2 or 3 years time of remembering why we should be boycotting every SPL club ?

hagi bear
10-09-2012, 10:47
Because they hate us.

Next.....

ally-c
10-09-2012, 10:47
They all wanted us to die that's my reason.

So feck them all were alive an kicking

georgesky01
10-09-2012, 10:54

there's none so blind as those who will no see

loyalger1
10-09-2012, 10:56

They all barr Kilmarnock listened to their fans who were all demanding "sporting integrity"

flootbon
10-09-2012, 10:58
They were never going to vote to have us in the league, why would they? They wanted us in div 1 so for one season they could all jump up one position in the league, whilst having the best chance at keeping the sky revenue.

Some of the statements were ill advised. I get that. But I dont think we were ever likely to see anything other than clubs look after their own interests.

See next post.

flootbon
10-09-2012, 11:01

The above statement is contradictory.

They were never going to vote to have us in the league, why would they? To look after their own interests, by cashing in on the large travelling Rangers supports revenue. And, securing the Sky money. Economics - keep Rangers in the SPL. That would have been looking after their own interests.

They wanted us in div 1 so for one seas of the SPL.they could all jump up one position in the league, whilst having the best chance at keeping the sky revenue. The best way of securing the Sky money was to keep Rangers in the SPL. Sky want four Rangers v Celtic games.

But I dont think we were ever likely to see anything other than clubs look after their own interests. They have shown dramatically how they cannot look after their own interests. As well as the above (Rangers travelling support and Sky money) they have lost out on sponsorship, catering income, programme sales, and corporate hospitality.

They gambled that it would only be for one season and it might still be. Gambling isn't looking after your own interests.

They'll now have to extricate themselves from the financial mess they have brought upon themselves.

They can reconstruct the leagues to get us back NEXT season, or fine us massively, for the so called "side letter" allegations. Either way they are corrupt to the core.

Looking after their own interests? It is a study in failure.

BlueNotWhyte
10-09-2012, 11:01
The OP is exactly what concerns me about when we eventually get back to the top league, whatever it looks like

If its only been 2 or 3 months and people are already forgetting how hateful and spiteful all SPL clubs fans were then what chance do we have in 2 or 3 years time of remembering why we should be boycotting every SPL club ?

It was an incredibly ignorant question in the first place.

Tis a bit like asking; "Why do Jews hate the Nazis?"

toadegree
10-09-2012, 11:02

Even Craig levein jumped on the bandwagon by saying it was right for the clubs to listen to their fans, strange that he is now saying the TA won't pick the Scotland team, HE will as it's his job. :roll:

android
10-09-2012, 11:02
Where have you been the last 6-7 months, in a cocoon???

I don't know about living in a cocoon, but he obviously is a bit of an attention seeker.

Bobby T
10-09-2012, 11:04
Since we came into Div 3 the SPL has carried on with their witch hunt.They and the SFA have dug and delved into every corner of our being to push us further out of the picture.
They have imposed illegal sanctions on us by blackmailing C Green ,they are carrying on with the EBT question when it has been deemed a lawful means of doing business,first EBT then dual contract then side letters.There is a lot more as we all know.

The main thing is that not one section of any other SPL club/supporters has spoken in our defence or support.Each and every one has put the boot in to try to finish us off.So yes I hate all SPL teamsof 2011/12.Sooner they start crumbling the better for me

Virgil Hilts

Have you been living on another planet?

They voted us out of the league and tried to kill us

I hope they all go under

imager

St Johnstone, St Mirren, Hivs, Hearts and Inverness CT, despite leeching off of us for decades, tried to kill my Club, that's why I despise them.

Blue 9
10-09-2012, 11:12
When we had no one to defend us , they all took liberties.
Each day they took turns to come out and give their views on the situation,and not one of them took the opportunity to say anything with regards to the criminality that was visited on the club.
This was not about integrity this was all about hate filled jealousy and for me they are all complicit.
We have took the best shot they could hit us with and we are still standing, now it is our turn.

mirtin73
10-09-2012, 11:13
In a few years time you'll have loads of people, on here, other Rangers forums, everywhere...coming out with the Rhegan line "let's draw a line under this" and lets all trot along and fill the coffers of these leeches who hate us but, yes, would love our money. Hehe.....Aye right. In fact, has it started already?

deftone
10-09-2012, 11:13
We cant allow the memories of what they did to us fade away. When we get back to the SPL we need to boycott the lot of them

ldk68
10-09-2012, 11:15
Where have you been since 14th Feb ? , if you dont know why by now it's a waste of time trying to explain ! :confused:

kirkieger
10-09-2012, 11:17
Because they hate us.

Next.....

^^This^^

SPL clubs are the enemy and we should do everything in our power to bring about their demise.

NS
10-09-2012, 11:28
The OP will be one of the first at SPL away grounds with his match,pie & programe money all ready to fund people who tried to kill us

F*cking joke

bloo
10-09-2012, 11:40
Fans have acted like arsholes the whole situation.

Many of the clubs too, Dundee Utd, Hearts, Aberdeen, Caley Thistle nd St Mirren all making statements which were daft.

and they forget ...that we wont forget.......

bluestreak
10-09-2012, 11:55

You are missing the blindingly obvious Bro,our expulsion from the SPL was the biggest case of ethnic cleansing,since the asians were expelled from Uganda,and I shall be leading the call for 100% boycott of those clubs whenever we are drawn to meet them in a cup competition.

Houlet
10-09-2012, 12:03
Until a year ago I had no strong feelings either way with most of the SPL clubs. Since then we have had nothing but snide comments from most of the clubs accompanied by pure hate from their fans sites.

I only respect those who show the same respect to me.

bandicoot
10-09-2012, 12:08
This must be a wind up by the OP. Their fans were quite clear, they wanted Rangers dead. They remain part of the cabal in the SPl who may strip titles. They were part of the group who wouldnt release our SPL share until we agreed to various sanctions. And a heck of a lot more. Motherwell and their fans must be given a reception equivalent to 'Welcome to Hell'.

Milky
10-09-2012, 12:10
They all took absolute delight in putting the boot into my club. For that reason they deserve nothing but complete and utter hatred from me. I look forward to dancing on any, and hopefully all of their graves.

Have I made it clear enough?

mirtin73
10-09-2012, 12:10

Which brings us back to your original question. You don't know how much they hate us because you don't pay attention to them but you're asking "why the hatred for the other SPL clubs" I think there is a couple of clues in there which may answer your original question OP

orange 'n' blue
10-09-2012, 12:16
My understanding is that there was nothing about what happens in liquidation within the rules. The SFA should have made a decision and taken it out of the hands of the clubs. Liquidation was only chosen by HMRC to allow them to pursue Whyte and they made that clear. In essence the position was the same as want other administration and should have been dealt with as such. The fact that the SFA seemed to put all obstacles in our way in order to prevent the nations biggest club from continuing is scandalous.

SJwatp
10-09-2012, 12:20

You must have started this post to get a big response they were all big boys and could have voted accordingly criminal investagation will clear us of all charges

387RFC
10-09-2012, 12:21
I have been told by senior management that the main antagonist towards the club has been Rod Petrie

Calvers72
10-09-2012, 12:24
We cant allow the memories of what they did to us fade away. When we get back to the SPL we need to boycott the lot of them

This is a must, Scottish football clubs/fans who kicked us deserve nothing from us from now on. What's gone on cannot be allowed to be forgotten and any Gers fan even thinking about giving CASH to these clubs is no better than a scab imo.

The small-minded petty jealousy so rife in Scotland that curdled into full blown hateful spite when they saw their opportunity to stab the big club and ramped up by vile reporting means things can never be the same again. You're either with us or against us now, that's the simple truth of the matter.

Dadoprso's ponytail9
10-09-2012, 12:27
This is a must, Scottish football clubs/fans who kicked us deserve nothing from us from now on. What's gone on cannot be allowed to be forgotten and any Gers fan even thinking about giving CASH to these clubs is no better than a scab imo.

The small-minded petty jealousy so rife in Scotland that curdled into full blown hateful spite when they saw their opportunity to stab the big club and ramped up by vile reporting means things can never be the same again. You're either with us or against us now, that's the simple truth of the matter.

agreed,we must never forget

ChrisWoods
10-09-2012, 12:40
I just had the misfortune to look on the pie and bovril site, didn't know it existed before reading this thread. Anyone needing reminding of hy the hatred for SPL clubs just needs to glance on there, wouldn't recommend it though, best just to take other bears word for it

dmartin809
10-09-2012, 12:44
Every single spl club and their fans have either sat back or gloated, some both, at the constant unfair attacks on the most successful club in their country. They tried to bully the sfl clubs under the pathetic guise of sporting integrity. The spl, with no opposition from any of it's clubs, bar us obviously are in full swing for an attemp to STEAL some of our hard-earned trophies. You want to cut some of these morons some slack then batter on friend but I believe you may be a solitary voice.

weebear
10-09-2012, 12:45
The corrupt SPHELL robbed us of our prize money, they are also trying to steal our trophies. Their fans wanted us out purely from a bigoted standpoint, they tried but failed to destroy us.

I will hate them till the day i die and will never ever visit any of their grounds again, i hope their clubs all die first, then i know i will rest easy in my grave, b@stards the lot of them.

West Enclosure Bear
10-09-2012, 12:48
Before this all happened, I like thousands of other bears knew certain clubs would stab us in the back given the chance. I never for a moment thought the fans of every club bar Dundee and Ross county would threaten their own boards who had no qualms anyway about trying to kill us off. The sheer scale of the hatred was beyond belief. Even fans I have known and respected for years were sucked into the kill them off frenzy orchestrated by the scum in the east who actually took a back seat and let the diddies do their dirty work for for them aided and abetted by the usual media scum.
I have lost friends and told various people to never speak to me again about football and I will abide by that. I will never forgive or forget the sheer hatred shown to us and our club. I have never been a bitter person in any respect but I couldn't even watch my own country on Saturday without the anger coming back.
I also didn't care about the result for the first time ever.
For many people like me things will never be the same in this country.
The OP may think it will fade in time, I can assure him some of us will make sure it will always be remembered.

PS Written by Breezerbear, didn't realise my son was logged in. Apologies Scott .

Bearsden Bear
10-09-2012, 12:50

I dont get the others. I get that they voted for us to be kicked out of the league, but that's what most of us thought would be fair.

Bollocks. Speak for yourself.

Finbar OFfended
10-09-2012, 12:54
why the hatred?

because every team in the SPL wanted us gone. The fans of the other 11 SPL teams wanted their pound of flesh and told their respective chairman, for the reasons of "sporting integrity" of course they had to vote us out. So they changed the rules and voted us out

Then reality set it

They realised that 4 years of us in the lower leagues would be detrimental to their income, and to what they could spend and ultimately their own survival. So they changed the rules AGAIN and tried to create an SPL1, have us parachuted into that so we'd be gone one year so they wouldn't lose money.

Thank goodness for real sporting integrity by the SFL teams and Alistair McCoist who stated on our behalf that we would be happy to go to Div3 for the sake of sporting integrity.

catchthebears58
10-09-2012, 12:57
Did any one of these clubs support us in any way whatsoever ,sure they wanted us in div1 but only as a cash cow to save their own skins and that was only with crippling sanctions just look at their boards and the bile they are still spouting ,before this i would never have wanted any club to go down the tubes now to be honest i really do not care ,my only wish for them is that we get the chance to beat them on the park ,we have already done that on the terraces .

The Busby Bear
10-09-2012, 12:59
Before this all happened, I like thousands of other bears knew certain clubs would stab us in the back given the chance. I never for a moment thought the fans of every club bar Dundee and Ross county would threaten their own boards who had no qualms anyway about trying to kill us off. The sheer scale of the hatred was beyond belief. Even fans I have known and respected for years were sucked into the kill them off frenzy orchestrated by the scum in the east who actually took a back seat and let the diddies do their dirty work for for them aided and abetted by the usual media scum.
I have lost friends and told various people to never speak to me again about football and I will abide by that. I will never forgive or forget the sheer hatred shown to us and our club. I have never been a bitter person in any respect but I couldn't even watch my own country on Saturday without the anger coming back.
The OP may think it will fade in time, I can assure him some of us will make sure it will always be remembered.

PS Written by Breezerbear, didn't realise my son was logged in. Apologies Scott .

My thoughts exactly, i could have written that word for word.

rocker
10-09-2012, 12:59
The OP should try living in Edinburgh where we are regarded as the lowest of the low.
My latest confrontation with the Hearts scum was that we ' have been cheating for 30 years '.

catchthebears58
10-09-2012, 13:02
OP may think it will fade in time, I can assure him some of us will make sure it will always be remembered.

my sentiments in a nutshell

NS
10-09-2012, 13:08
When i have kids they will be taught that every club in Scotland is the enemy & should be treated as such

We will never forget

Except maybe the OP & a few other wishy washy fans

c_den
10-09-2012, 13:09
I have been told by senior management that the main antagonist towards the club has been Rod Petrie

This ^^^^^^^^^^

Hibs / Dundee Hibs / Sheep will never get a penny of my money again , and i say that with a heavy heart as i enjoyed going to see the Gers at these grounds !!!!!

Kirbybear
10-09-2012, 13:10

This for me

9inaROW89/97
10-09-2012, 13:11
This op is surely just for fishing purposes?????

No Rangers fan would question the vast majoritys thoughts on this then question it.

You would have to have been living in a cave for the last few months not to see how much venom has been thrown our way from little no marks

tommo20
10-09-2012, 13:13
I can never watch Scotland again the thought of given Micky mouse team and sfa makes me sick

gazzastheman
10-09-2012, 13:19
if our hatred for spl clubs isn't justified why has there been various comments from other european countrys condemning there treatment of us and branding it financial suicide

our punishment did not fit the crime and most probably couldn't even tell you correctly what our crime was that resulted in us being put in division 3

Aragorn
10-09-2012, 13:23
I hardly give the SPL a look in now...Watch the results to see (hope) 'they' have been beaten but otherwise nothing. It has been a breath of fresh air going to the third and all it has to offer.

flootbon
10-09-2012, 14:04
I just had the misfortune to look on the pie and bovril site, didn't know it existed before reading this thread. Anyone needing reminding of hy the hatred for SPL clubs just needs to glance on there, wouldn't recommend it though, best just to take other bears word for it

I posted some rational comments on the Pie and Bovril site, whilst not stating I was a Rangers fan.

My comments were not even pro-Rangers, but critical of the SPL / SFA.

I was savaged. The people on that messageboard, almost to a man, supported every single extreme action and sanction against Rangers. It was the biggest thread on the board.

Most of them wanted Rangers out of existence.

I was ubelievable in it's ferocity and hatred.

The_Gub
10-09-2012, 14:05

Again, this has to be a wind up.

DEXAVIA
10-09-2012, 14:08
Because they hate you and want to see your club dead and buried.

grahammcc1873
10-09-2012, 14:15

They voted us out(THEIR DECISION)
They then take our TV money to prevent them from being liquidated and like us, thrust into D3 when liquidated themselves!

**** the lot off them, it leaves a horrendously bad taste in my mouth every time I think of how our fans are keeping these rats alive! **** them all I hope they die.

I'm no businessman but to me it was clear that without the money that we bring to these clubs, they would be dead, however the snakes panicked within todays of making there own 'winding up' proposal and having us ejected.

These clubs should have been made to lie in the bed they made for themselves(as they believe that we should-and we are) instead the footballing authorities acted to save them and royally screw us!

Hopefully this will answer your question!

avenger
10-09-2012, 14:20
I want one or more SPL clubs to go bust,don't care which ones.I then want to see how they are treated and compare it with the way we were dealt with.They wont get the hatred and bigotry we had to face.No wonder we are bitter!

grahammcc1873
10-09-2012, 14:22

SPhell chairmen taking a risk that all SFL clubs would vote us into div1?!
Terribly poor gamble for a businessman that must protect the best interests of their business. There is no excuse and I'm quite sure it is illegal for a CEO/board to put there business intentionally into severe financial risk!

GALLIVANT
10-09-2012, 14:24
I hardly give the SPL a look in now...Watch the results to see (hope) 'they' have been beaten but otherwise nothing. It has been a breath of fresh air going to the third and all it has to offer.

i dont even look for scores,, i have completely blanked every spl media outlet of any hits from me,, im not just avoiding giving them any hits,, i genuinely dont care or have any interest in such a collective bunch of hate filled bigots,,

my interest in the past regards the spl was all about Rangers,, no Rangers = no interest from me,,

perhaps the op could have included some debate on who actually helped/supported us,, who spoke out in our defence in our hour of need,, remember Rangers supported these clubs financially for decades,, it speaks volumes for the spl and the way they choose to deal with our special situation,, common sense was pushed to one side and out came the hate ,, pure and simple.

The Bridge
10-09-2012, 14:41
Yes, sorry, thats what I meant.

I cant recall the wording of the question, nor the timing. But essentially it was, where should we be playing our football next season given our liquidation.

I am sure it was 70%+ who said we should be playing in div 3. Very few said the SPL, and a good number said div1.

Look, I get why we hold serious feelings towards the people involved in the whole process. But for me, my hatred is mainly held for the people at the top, the scum, DU and aberdeen.

The other clubs have just taken the chance to try to progress their clubs and yes, put the boot in when we were down. But I wouldnt have expected anything different. It annoys me, but I am not getting overly worked up about it.

I know my view isnt what is the norm on here, but it is what it is.

I recall the poll but I think it was a poll that was weighted with the fact we would have to be punished in some way if we were to remain in the SPL.

Look, the question is not an unreasonable one and I think the answer is simple. The only silent voice in all of this was the voice that pulled the strings and the voice that pulled the strings would ultimately be the only beneficiary. If we stayed in the SPL, who benefits? Well they do as it would have been with a punitive points deduction and a player embargo. Last season we faced a 10 point deduction and still finished 11 points in front of 3rd place. So only they benefited and would benefit going forward. All the SPL clubs went along with all the things that ultimately only benefited one club. They were fools and they are now suffering and rightly so. Lawwell was with the SPL at the Sky meeting - why? Why not a few other SPL CEO's? Because quite simply the only people that matter in this whole debacle is them... And the mugs that are the CEO's all bought into it.

The SPL clubs were between a rock and a hard place and they chose the route of laying with the bheast. They could have abstained. They all chose to apply what they thought would be a one year punishment, we get weakened, we probably still face a points penalty and the bheast gets a 3 to 5 year run - unchallenged of the CL. What we had to decide was - is this right? And the answer was a resounding no and events have proven us right and hopefully a few of them crumbling in the meantime will be a sobering thought for their supporters.

bluenose1979
10-09-2012, 14:50

See, the problem you have here is that you're ignoring the entire premise of their argument that decisions were being made, not for money, but for "sporting integrity". The bit in bold is directly contradictory to that.

They tried to pull a fast one after putting themselves in a corner.

You also have to remember that Green and Malcolm Murray went in and offered to accept significant penalties to remain in the SPL when they did that daft presentation.

- Accepting unlawful sanctions
- Paying football debts
- Accepting voting reform weighted in favour of non-OF clubs
- More even distribution of TV revenue
- ... and more

They could have crippled us competitively for years, reaped the financial rewards of us still being in the league, had more revenue than they deserved and stronger voting powers. However, they had made the mistake of inviting the fans to make a choice and they had already decided to kick us out.

They then tried to get away with a totally unsporting result of effectively just 'relegating' us straight into the SFL's top tier, whether they liked it or not to salvage something. They were rightly told to do one.

If you actually go back to the start, the decision shouldn't even have been the clubs' to make - it should have been the SPL board. The clubs jumped in and stole that away, then the fans demanded an opinion, the clubs bottled it and gave the fans the vote, they thought they'd get away with an utterly corrupt halfway house and, thankfully, the SFL stood firm.

Don't make the mistake of thinking they just did what anyone else would do, so it's alright. They blatantly tried to engineer a situation that involved zero sporting integrity, but instead an opportunity to benefit from our situation and put the boot into us.

Unfortunately for them they under-estimated our club and the entire SFL.

They reap what they sow.

imbran
10-09-2012, 15:00
Have no liking for any SPL clubs now, though admittedly some are more contemptible than others.
The holier-than-thou sneering of chairmen and the genuine hatred from a significant number of their fans have taken them beyond the line up to which fences could be mended. I hope that pretty soon the penny begins to drop that now they have to rely on the mhanks, and the mhanks care for no-one but themselves. The SPL clubs are scuppered.

picalo28
10-09-2012, 15:40

They are all as corrupt as the bheggars running the game and they ALL took our prize money which should have went to the creditors. Not one club returned their share. Thieving barstewards who took money from small businesses that were owed money. They have been paid now but no thanks to the thieves of the SPL.

Not counting Ross County and Dundee of course but don't know if Dunfermliine got anything seeing as they were in the SPL at the time? Not sure if RC or D got anything either?

But their hatred of Rangers and Rangers fans was all too evident by each and every one. They thought they could live without us for a season which blew up in their thieving faces.

Liewell and co had to do something quickly to about turn finances and sold the SPL soul to appease the rest of the spl chairmen from stabbing them in the back. Well, fook them all.
What the exact deal is, we don't know? But they all screwed themselves and I hope they all suffer more than us in the end.

200000 Heroes
10-09-2012, 15:48

You are missing something blindingly obvious ...

As I understood the mood of the fans, none of us felt we had done anything that required us to be kicked out of the SPL at all. To this date, the old holding company of the club still isn't in liquidation and the big tax case has not been abnnounced as having gone against us ...

So, having been booted out of the SPL for nothing other than Craig Whyte not paying his tax for one year, most fans felt that being artificially hoisted into SFL1 would be to the schum's benefit only, to save their TV deal. That alone is what made me feel that going to Div3 was better. It screwed the TV deal for the SPHell clubs. It was nothing to do with deserving it ...

So, that is but one of the many reasons I hate all of the SPHell clubs.

200000 Heroes
10-09-2012, 15:57
See, the problem you have here is that you're ignoring the entire premise of their argument that decisions were being made, not for money, but for "sporting integrity". The bit in bold is directly contradictory to that.

They tried to pull a fast one after putting themselves in a corner.

You also have to remember that Green and Malcolm Murray went in and offered to accept significant penalties to remain in the SPL when they did that daft presentation.

- Accepting unlawful sanctions
- Paying football debts
- Accepting voting reform weighted in favour of non-OF clubs
- More even distribution of TV revenue
- ... and more

They could have crippled us competitively for years, reaped the financial rewards of us still being in the league, had more revenue than they deserved and stronger voting powers. However, they had made the mistake of inviting the fans to make a choice and they had already decided to kick us out.

They then tried to get away with a totally unsporting result of effectively just 'relegating' us straight into the SFL's top tier, whether they liked it or not to salvage something. They were rightly told to do one.

If you actually go back to the start, the decision shouldn't even have been the clubs' to make - it should have been the SPL board. The clubs jumped in and stole that away, then the fans demanded an opinion, the clubs bottled it and gave the fans the vote, they thought they'd get away with an utterly corrupt halfway house and, thankfully, the SFL stood firm.

Don't make the mistake of thinking they just did what anyone else would do, so it's alright. They blatantly tried to engineer a situation that involved zero sporting integrity, but instead an opportunity to benefit from our situation and put the boot into us.

Unfortunately for them they under-estimated our club and the entire SFL.

They reap what they sow.

A very concise and accurate summation of the entire situation ...

Bottled and botched by the SPL from day one. Pandering to the lowest common denominator is never the right way to run any business model ..

weeblue12
10-09-2012, 16:07
The only SPL club I've not heard any bile coming from is Dundee. Correct me if I've missed something. The rest have all jumped the band wagon. Would love to see any of them in our position with all the corruption and back stabbing we've faced. I wonder if they would feel their treatment was fair and justifiable, but I doubt it. Let them all crash and crumble, apart from Dundee who at the moment I would like to see doing well.

scotian
10-09-2012, 16:34

That's what I don't get with them, not one has the balls to say enough is enough, they have got their tuppence worth out of Rangers.

Reg_Shoe
10-09-2012, 16:44
Not only did they all allow Liewell, Rhegan and Doncaster to make up the rules as they went along with regards to us, they helped them do it.

If the rules were applied as they stood when we entered administration we would have no complaints. Because it was us the rules were then re-written in order to hamstring us for years to come.

With regards to the relegation, these clowns could easily have used the newco as an excuse to relegate us from the SPL in place on Dunfermline. Again most of us would probably have accepted this punishment.

However, instead of taking the easy solution, that would have ended the whole fiasco weeks before it did, and would have allowed us, Dunfermline, Dundee (and the other clubs affected by moving up a division) to prepare properly for the new season. Instead these clowns were falling over themselves to give us a kicking. Just relegating us would not have spilled as much blood (figuratively speaking) as going through the sham of formally expelling us from the league (another made up rule).

Once the penny dropped of the financial hit they would take, they then attempted to bully the SFL clubs to allow us into Division 1, which thankfully was rejected and we start again in Division 3.

All in the name of sporting integrity mind.

kops1
10-09-2012, 16:49
I've had abuse from celtic, hibs, hearts, st mirren & aberdeen fans. They are all complete muppets

Ardoyne RSC
10-09-2012, 16:53
They tried to destroy us, but failed. They then realised they needed our money, so they tried to cripple us. They stole our money but we still survived. When things looked dark for us, they sniggered, sneered, and gleefully twisted the knife every time they could - and they are not finished yet.

I never used to hate the other clubs, but now I do with a passion. Why do I hate them? Mainly because they hate us. Every time one of them folds I will celebrate like one of those old harridans at the guillotine in revolutionary France. I can't wait.

Saul_Goodman
10-09-2012, 16:59

This about sums it up.

The sheer scale of hatred was quite frankly disguting.

jimmyhm
10-09-2012, 18:10

You need to read Green's statement on that. It WASN'T all of the SPL.

NewAmsterdamLive
10-09-2012, 18:12
Because f*ck the SPL, that's why :D

Bobby T
10-09-2012, 18:20
As I said in another post the SPL teams of 2011/2012 can go to hell I really have formed a hatred for them,that includes Kilmarnock who didnt have the balls to make a vote