PDA

View Full Version : What's happened to the Strathclyde Police investigation?

davstr
08-09-2012, 19:14
I thought plod was investigating the Whyte takeover. Haven't heard a thing about it apart from what I've read on here and that was a while back. Nothing to see here presumably?

EatDolphins
08-09-2012, 19:22
I thought they were investigating C*ltics disgusting poppy display last year but hey ho.

Peters Scarf
08-09-2012, 19:23
I thought plod was investigating the Whyte takeover. Haven't heard a thing about it apart from what I've read on here and that was a while back. Nothing to see here presumably?

Nothing will come of it and they have not and will not be questioning murray.

bferguson1872
08-09-2012, 19:36
It's the court case against Collyer Bristow I'd like to hear about. I thought the administrators had raised a case for 25m??

bayernbear
08-09-2012, 19:38
Financial crimes can take years to investigate.

martybroon
08-09-2012, 19:46
I don't think much will happen until the liquidators get in about things. They are likely to be the only people who will really find out what happened.

Theloyalfisherman
08-09-2012, 20:23
I posted on a previous thread about this, a old work collegue of mine has informed me that it is ongoing and that the Shytester and Mints are both being investigated. Shytester is gettting it from both Scottish and English authorities. I tyhink this may go on for a wee while longer than we hoped, but if it does I hope they get all the evidence to gaol the c@nt.

Admin I can PM my source.

badboy
08-09-2012, 20:26
I also heard that the popo were all over this. It takes years to go through this type of material and get an end result. It will be obstacle after obstacle and then computers will need to be taken and forensically examined. It will be a while yet me thinks.

TamfaeKP
08-09-2012, 20:29
Financial crimes can take years to investigate.

Agreed, look how long it took them to sort out and convict the owner of Polly Peck.

However, I, and all of us I'm sure are prepared to wait for justice to be done and the clamour for tickets in the public galleries in whichever High Court the trial is staged will make Annan Athletic away seem easy.

bluestar9
09-09-2012, 09:22
This is still ongoing and i believe that whilst it may take a while we will get an official response at the end of it all - whether it's the one we all hope for is another story.

As other posters have highlighted financial crime is a difficult area to investigate and you can only imagine what Whyte has been up to in order to cover his tracks.

Here's hoping.......:ninja:

cw3038
09-09-2012, 10:33
If Whyte is found guilty of criminality and the club has been a victim of this what will happen regarding punishments already imposed by the SFA etc ?