PDA

View Full Version : "Im not giving another team my money when they come to Ibrox"

GaryMcLean1
28-08-2012, 12:20
Jesus christ! Some "fans" on here are starting to hate other teams more than what they support Rangers! It doesnt fu(king matter who we are playing! Get to Ibrox and support our club, so what if another team gets half the money! We still get the other half, the more fans that go then the more money we will still get at the end of the day!

Can we please drop this "Im not going to Ibrox so other teams get my money" Its a bloody embarrassment !

KilwinningBlue
28-08-2012, 12:23
Well said.

Anyone boycotting Ibrox can stay away.

Moses Brox
28-08-2012, 12:29
Totally agree. Our strength is,unlike the tims, we love rangers more than we hate others.

Le Gaffer
28-08-2012, 12:38
Joke of an excuse from some talk about biting your nose off to spite your face!!!

Exiled_Bluenose
28-08-2012, 12:40
I won't be attending another away game in Scotland, ever. However, boycotting Ibrox is daft, its our home so let's fill it when we can.

tazzabear
28-08-2012, 12:45
Jesus christ! Some "fans" on here are starting to hate other teams more than what they support Rangers! It doesnt fu(king matter who we are playing! Get to Ibrox and support our club, so what if another team gets half the money! We still get the other half, the more fans that go then the more money we will still get at the end of the day!

Can we please drop this "Im not going to Ibrox so other teams get my money" Its a bloody embarrassment !

I agree.
Rangers get over half of the attendance monies to cover expenses etc.
So, these guys are denying Rangers more money than they are denying the opposition.
Like a previous poster, I've been in my last away SPL ground, plus Hampden, but, boycotting Ibrox is just ridiculous.

BlueNotWhyte
28-08-2012, 12:46

http://oi50.tinypic.com/fwqath.jpg

weeblue12
28-08-2012, 12:47
First and foremost Rangers come first.We need to show our full support and keep it going through the leagues. I for one won't be giving anyone room to say "knew it would only last so long before the numbers dwindled". No way can we let this happen. As long as any profit stays in the clubs bank book, we'll be in a great position when we reach the top. Save any boycotting for the SPL clubs who tried to put a nail in the coffin for us.

simply_the_best
28-08-2012, 12:48
It's one of the most bizarre reason that i have read for not going to Ibrox, denying the ooposition some cash :confused:

Baloo72
28-08-2012, 12:48
100%

Wear the colours support the team

adamski
28-08-2012, 12:49

See that quote you put in the header, can you link to the posts where people have said that?

Dadoprso's ponytail9
28-08-2012, 12:51
Rangers first,I couldn't care less who the opposition is and how much of the gate they get,I go to see rangers simple as that

GhettoDefendant
28-08-2012, 12:51
Well said.

I see what you did there.;)

Alcatraz Loyal
28-08-2012, 12:54
Rangers first,I couldn't care less who the opposition is and how much of the gate they get,I go to see rangers simple as that

Not that I disagree with you, but does your philosophy include away games against SPL opposition in the cup? After all, Rangers will get half the gate..........

Baloo72
28-08-2012, 12:56
See that quote you put in the header, can you link to the posts where people have said that?

Not sure about that but someone the other night wanted big screens in the car park so we could all stand outside and watch :eek:

robert86
28-08-2012, 12:58
I agree.
Rangers get over half of the attendance monies to cover expenses etc.
So, these guys are denying Rangers more money than they are denying the opposition.
Like a previous poster, I've been in my last away SPL ground, plus Hampden, but, boycotting Ibrox is just ridiculous.

Why boycott Hampden?

stuamaclean
28-08-2012, 13:01
Here here.

It is nothing short of lunacy!

gorbalsbear3rd
28-08-2012, 13:04
Imo SOME people are using it as an excuse not to go to games, instead of just saying can't be ar**d going.

Dadoprso's ponytail9
28-08-2012, 13:10
Not that I disagree with you, but does your philosophy include away games against SPL opposition in the cup? After all, Rangers will get half the gate..........

Didn'tmake myself clear there,I was meaning at Ibrox,I've seen my last game at at any spl away venue

ally-c
28-08-2012, 13:12
Well said op

daven37
28-08-2012, 13:15
Alcatraz Loyal
Welcome to The Rock Join Date: 30-07-2012

Re: "Im not giving another team my money when they come to Ibrox"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadoprso's ponytail9

Yes it includes SPL oppostion in the cup - if Rangers profit then I will be there. League games (when we get there) on the other hand............

mpayton15277
28-08-2012, 13:17
Imo SOME people are using it as an excuse not to go to games, instead of just saying can't be ar**d going.

I think that was always gonna happen with pay at the gate,I'm going to every home game i can this season.
There should be a boycott of away SPL grounds but a half empty Ibrox helps other teams win the game and gives our enemies something to crow about.

FernandoTorres
28-08-2012, 13:40
Each to their own I say.

If people don't want to give their hard earned cash to clubs that ****ed us over then that's fair enough.

I will be going but I can understand why people aren't.

Please stop saying people aren't "real fans" etc just because you disagree with your views.

It's time we stopped arguing amongst ourselves.

BroxiBear1872
28-08-2012, 13:46
Have to agree with this.

We should be supporting the Club and not handicapping them by not attending this game.

Werewolfmafia
28-08-2012, 13:56
Don't think I've ever seen anyone on here say they would boycott Ibrox. Spl away games yes. But never sfl or ibrox

weebear
28-08-2012, 14:06
I have had an epiphany with our situation and the 3rd Division teams.

I was at Berwick on Sunday as was very impressed by the way Berwick Rangers received us, I also waited outside the main doors to see Ally and the team away. I shook hands with MrGreen as he was being warmly sent on his way by the Berwick directors.

Berwick Rangers staff and officials were shaking hands with the team and getting football replica shirts autographed by Ally.

The contrast between the clubs is immense in size and support, but you could not help notice the pride in Berwick Rangers buy their supporters and officials for their club.

We can make a difference to the smaller clubs and i as Bear am proud, our club can help them and hopefully continue to help the smaller clubs.

Contrast my feelings towards the Sphell clubs, where i wish nothing but misfortune. I would not give them one iota of my money or concern, how can we find a middle ground where we help one group of clubs and shun the other? But i hope we can.

Blackpool Dave
28-08-2012, 14:07
If i can make a 400 mile round trip surely local bears can make the effort on thursday.

tazzabear
28-08-2012, 14:29
Why boycott Hampden?

I should have said for internationals.

Madrid Bill
28-08-2012, 14:35
Didn'tmake myself clear there,I was meaning at Ibrox,I've seen my last game at at any spl away venue

But if we draw Dundee Utd at Tanadump in the cup and you donīt go your costing Rangers money.....
Surelt thats daft?:confused::roll:

white owl
28-08-2012, 14:35
i will be buying the new 3rd kit for my son, which will cost more than the Ģ16 for our tickets to be added to our smart cards, i will not contribute 1 penny to any other football club in scotland other than rangers, if that makes me a shite supporter so be it, i would love the definition as to what a true supporter is, as criticising the team is a no no for me, neither is coming in late, going for a pie/pish whilst the game is still going on and leaving early.

you tell me?

Madrid Bill
28-08-2012, 14:45
i will be buying the new 3rd kit for my son, which will cost more than the Ģ16 for our tickets to be added to our smart cards, i will not contribute 1 penny to any other football club in scotland other than rangers, if that makes me a shite supporter so be it, i would love the definition as to what a true supporter is, as criticising the team is a no no for me, neither is coming in late, going for a pie/pish whilst the game is still going on and leaving early.

you tell me?

I think anyone who wishes to judge you and tell you how shite a fan you are really ought to be getting a season ticket at the piggery.

FiveStarGer
28-08-2012, 14:51
Agreed 100% too much negative pish on this site

Was the same a few years ago when some fans said they would never celebrate a goal scored by Kenny Miller despite the fact he was scoring for our club RANGERS

having said that its obvious alot of people on here don't actually support our club due to their obsession

Ianburnett
28-08-2012, 14:55
I'm going to every game I can manage. If I am not there it is some other personal reason. If other fans want to boycott then that is their choice. All the more tickets for those that want to go. Then everyone is happy.

I've said before and will say again that it would not surprise me if some of the unwashed and their SPHELL friends were on FF threads encouraging boycotts. Just wait for the publicity and gloating when we have our next poor crowd.

Dadoprso's ponytail9
28-08-2012, 14:56
But if we draw Dundee Utd at Tanadump in the cup and you donīt go your costing Rangers money.....

As daft as not going to ibrox because of the opposition getting half the money?

At no point did I say the reason i wouldn't be going to away spl venue again was for who gets what from the gate

redstar89
28-08-2012, 20:22
Totally agree. Our strength is,unlike the tims, we love rangers more than we hate others.

I am in love with you.

TheHeebyJeebies
28-08-2012, 20:34
I won't be attending another away game in Scotland, ever. However, boycotting Ibrox is daft, its our home so let's fill it when we can.

Even cup games???

TheHeebyJeebies
28-08-2012, 20:40

Why is it daft??i wouldn't go to the sh1thole either,it's personal choice.

Swallowloyal
28-08-2012, 20:41
:union::barscarf::union::barscarf::union::barscarf :

We're only here to see The Rangers !!!

blue4life
28-08-2012, 20:43

well said mate.

its also a shite excuse not to go,

i think any RANGERS fan who can go, should go, im sure thier principles woild go out the window if we got the bheggers at Ibrox

Remember we nearly lost our club this summer, we should be doing all we can to back the team on the road to recovery,

Sam_English
28-08-2012, 20:46
Boycotting away games against certain teams is a must, but when fans start boycotting home games because of the opposition, we're heading down a very dangerous path.

TheHeebyJeebies
28-08-2012, 20:57
Boycotting away games against certain teams is a must, but when fans start boycotting home games because of the opposition, we're heading down a very dangerous path.

I could never stop going to Ibrox but fu'k the spl away games...

CPA Bluenose
28-08-2012, 21:05
There was a previous thread where bears suggested selling out sundays game before selling out thursday.

ie if you can only go to one game make it the sunday, cos we get all the money asopposed to half.

Thats totally different from a boycott but some people jumped to the wrong conclusion. Selling out both would be great, but unrealistic.

weetam3106
28-08-2012, 21:08
That's my stance. I'm never going near another spl ground I would rather stay away front ma hoose than stay away from Ibrox! ..... Errr no wait a minute.

charing
28-08-2012, 21:15
I only manage to a few matches a season but I was there v E Stirling and intend to get to as many as possible this season -hour of need & all that. So I do a bit of pick & choose. And I will choose to miss the cup-ties and precisely for the reasons the OP mentions.

Plenty who dont go every week will do the same I'd think. Perfectly reasonable, despite the OP's agitation.

barryhopez
28-08-2012, 21:26
well said mate.

its also a shite excuse not to go,

i think any RANGERS fan who can go, should go, im sure thier principles woild go out the window if we got the bheggers at Ibrox

Remember we nearly lost our club this summer, we should be doing all we can to back the team on the road to recovery,

Totally agree with that point mate. Similar to the called for boycotts when we were perhaps in the SPL close season. People were saying they'd boycott all SPL teams feck them all.........but still go to Porkheid! :confused:

Sam_English
28-08-2012, 21:28
I could never stop going to Ibrox but fu'k the spl away games...
Likewise.

The more Bears who realise that, the better.

Russell_Nash
28-08-2012, 21:30
Well said.

dont know if that was meant to be funny - but it is

colinnixon
28-08-2012, 21:32
Me the wife and wee lad travelling over from the Oul country. Feck this boycott pish:D

pennyburn
28-08-2012, 21:40
I'll be there, "Rangers First" remember.
To boycott Ibrox is simply mad in my opinion

Bobby T
28-08-2012, 22:08
I will miss quite a lot of the home games but I have renewed my ST and will buy a ticket for all cup games etc at Ibrox. As long as Rangers are at home I will pay for my seat no matter who the opposition is.

andrewcee
28-08-2012, 22:14
Im not going. Bought a strip instead. First game I've not had a ticket for this season.

my choice

dallen57
28-08-2012, 22:21
Gers need the support at home and away, we have not the team we used to have BUT we have the spirit, youth which we have all craved about getting a game!! now our young players are our Strength along with our support we will follow on!! watp

bmc2500
28-08-2012, 22:50
Joke of an excuse from some talk about biting your nose off to spite your face!!!

You would have to have some size of nose to be able to bite it off yourself but other than that I agree.

chico103
28-08-2012, 23:05
I'll be there to support Rangers at Ibrox no matter who we play this is getting out of hand

catchthebears58
28-08-2012, 23:36
Me and the wife PAYG ,not missed a home game yet and dont intend to ,tickets for an away game = hens teeth ,

catchthebears58
28-08-2012, 23:38
I have had an epiphany with our situation and the 3rd Division teams.

I was at Berwick on Sunday as was very impressed by the way Berwick Rangers received us, I also waited outside the main doors to see Ally and the team away. I shook hands with MrGreen as he was being warmly sent on his way by the Berwick directors.

Berwick Rangers staff and officials were shaking hands with the team and getting football replica shirts autographed by Ally.

The contrast between the clubs is immense in size and support, but you could not help notice the pride in Berwick Rangers buy their supporters and officials for their club.

We can make a difference to the smaller clubs and i as Bear am proud, our club can help them and hopefully continue to help the smaller clubs.

Contrast my feelings towards the Sphell clubs, where i wish nothing but misfortune. I would not give them one iota of my money or concern, how can we find a middle ground where we help one group of clubs and shun the other? But i hope we can.

should be a like button on this

Virgil Hilts
28-08-2012, 23:42
Ibrox YES, Away games NO

There in lies the problem, sometimes away games are more fun...

...but hey!... you cant tell an über fan what to do.... :confused:

NS
28-08-2012, 23:44
Live & let live

We fill away grounds & our people who do try & convince themselves that these teams love us

I ain't slagging no one who has got principles

I hate the other 41 & they hate us

I am comfortable with that

Wisny me
28-08-2012, 23:48
I intend to go to every home game this season.

Boycotting Ibrox is sheer lunacy. Cowardly too IMO. I have only heard a few speak of it and they are no doubt armchair fans anyhow.

blackyboy
28-08-2012, 23:51

IMO taigs are infesting this board with this sh1te, throwing in a wee comment and then sitting back and watching.

dulux
29-08-2012, 00:24
http://oi50.tinypic.com/fwqath.jpg

Very apt :)

cocyboy
29-08-2012, 03:34
can fully understand boycotting spl teams at Ibrox. Spl teams away is a complete no brainer from where i am sitting [which is in nz] so easy for me to make moral judgements when ive no choice to attend matches anymore. Boycotting Hampdump must refer to national team support.