PDA

View Full Version : Daniel Larsson - Not on his way to Rangers

Göteborg-Rangers
28-08-2012, 11:32
According to his agent over here, with quotes.

He says it is bullshit, his actual words. Dynamo Kiev interested.

http://fotbolltransfers.com/site/news/22807

Sutton_Blows_g0ats
28-08-2012, 11:33
We can kiss goodbye to this kind of signing untill we are back in Europe IMO

Denver_Ba
Shocking that ,eh?

bornabluenose
Always was pie in the sky ,simple as that .

Göteborg-Rangers
28-08-2012, 11:34
Us being in the third division gets mentioned right away and no surprise to be fair.

Can't blame him.

govantrueblue
28-08-2012, 11:34
Predictable to be honest.

thetinmansbiscuit
28-08-2012, 11:35
Good. He is not what is needed.

mineral1992
28-08-2012, 11:36
Big surprise.

scottishcampbell
Shame, think he would have been a good addition

Jordan-rtid
Didn't think he would come anyway.

stu4
Astounded by this to be honest.

sandbear
28-08-2012, 11:37
Was never a runner , the boy was always going to get better offers . Cant see and dont want to see us spending money this summer , we dont need to , get the players playing football its all we need.

jbrfc1
Never seen that coming.

Bowery Boys

Dearie me.

This place.

scott_gers
28-08-2012, 11:39
This is the (bad) translation of the page.....

Agent denies: "Daniel Larsson, not to the Rangers"
Published: 2012-08-24 13: 51

Allsvenskan

Daniel Larsson is not going on to Glasgow Rangers, according to agent Oliver Cabrera. "It is ridiculous," he says.

Daniel Larsson bound for Glasgow Rangers in the Scottish fjärdeligan, according to the British Daily Express. It denied, however, of the agent.

It is bullshit and nothing else. This is a false rumor propagated to injury. This is ridiculous, why would he go to a Scottish division BEARING-Club, "says Oliver Cabrera to fotbolldirekt .se.

I can say that I will negotiate with two clubs and he will end up in a any of the major leagues, continues the agent.

According to the Daily Express is Dynamo Kiev is also one of the clubs chasing winger, whose contract with Malmö FF expired. However, it is not certain that Daniel Larsson leaves this window.

– No, so it might as well be the case that he signs up for a new Club in Christmas and go in the transfer window in January, "said Cabrera.

mineral1992
28-08-2012, 11:41
Whoever gave Scott Burns this scoop was clearly at it

Empire
28-08-2012, 11:53
Hope we have a plan B because we need a bit of pace up front.

Commanchie
28-08-2012, 11:54
**** me sideways,wasn't expecting that. 

kingb
28-08-2012, 11:55
A quick winger is a must

Geo 1972
28-08-2012, 11:56

Care to explain why not?

aldoshmaldo
28-08-2012, 11:59
I dont think anyone believed it anyway.

Rangers2011
28-08-2012, 12:05
No great shock, we are going to be very unhappy after the window is shut imo.

jdm1873
28-08-2012, 12:05
Maybe some on here who actually believed it will get the reality check they need.

stefanovitch
28-08-2012, 12:07
I was shocked when we were linked with him as he's a terrific player but given out Div 3 status not a major shock he wont be coming.

milkybarkid
28-08-2012, 12:07
another story to build hopes up - when will we learn?

rossc
28-08-2012, 12:09

You'll need to explain that one.

Daza1985
28-08-2012, 12:09
Didnt think so anyways

dereksmallsloyal
28-08-2012, 12:10
I think we're in for a tough few days, reality will bite and we'll see how strong the squad is by the weekend. I fear that the owners will try to run us on as close to a shoestring as possible now we've renewed and ploughed in the cash. There may be more going out than coming in which would be ridiculous. We'll know one way or another on Saturday but bullshit leaks to the media like this and Templeton are a worry.

Rangers2011
28-08-2012, 12:11
I think we're in for a tough few days, reality will bite and we'll see how strong the squad is by the weekend. I fear that the owners will try to run us on as close to a shoestring as possible now we've renewed and ploughed in the cash. There may be more going out than coming in which would be ridiculous. We'll know one way or another on Saturday but bullshit leaks to the media like this and Templeton are a worry.

Thats my fear, i hope i'm wrong but i have a bad feeling about the next few days.

TPABear
28-08-2012, 12:14
Shock their then eh

mineral1992
28-08-2012, 12:15

Why would the new owners risk it? They need the team/club doing well on all fronts going forward. We should have a strong enough squad to beat these teams as it is but as the first few games have shown, we have nothing to fill the bench with. Don't think Green hasn't noticed.

The Peoples Piper
28-08-2012, 12:15
Shades of Craig Whyte phish around a lot of signings being articulated

Sebo1873
28-08-2012, 12:17
A guy that put us out last season in europe not wanting to join us now that we are even worse off and dropped 3 divisions? Shocker

thetinmansbiscuit
28-08-2012, 12:19
You'll need to explain that one.

Wages = too high, Enthusiasm = will wane in 3rd Div, Suitability to lower league football = zero.

I think you need to explain why you feel that players of this type ARE what is required tbh.

My point of view is that we recruit affordable Div 1 players who know what it is all about - hard players to do a physical job. I have heard all the technical discussion about playing football, and passing these sides off the park, but I don't buy it. Solid, physical footballers picked from the best in Div 1.

mineral1992
28-08-2012, 12:24
Wages = too high, Enthusiasm = will wane in 3rd Div, Suitability to lower league football = zero.

I think you need to explain why you feel that players of this type ARE what is required tbh.

My point of view is that we recruit affordable Div 1 players who know what it is all about - hard players to do a physical job. I have heard all the technical discussion about playing football, and passing these sides off the park, but I don't buy it. Solid, physical footballers picked from the best in Div 1.

With all due respect tinman, would solid physical players have done any better against Berwick on Sunday? IMO no, we need a little bit of guile, skill & speed to open up these defences who defend like their lives depend on it when they play us. Kyle is physical and didn't do anything apart from barging players over when he came on.

thetinmansbiscuit
28-08-2012, 12:34
With all due respect tinman, would solid physical players have done any better against Berwick on Sunday? IMO no, we need a little bit of guile, skill & speed to open up these defences who defend like their lives depend on it when they play us. Kyle is physical and didn't do anything apart from barging players over when he came on.

Ok - I'm not saying we need guys with no skill at all, but solid guys with the experience of lower league football could turn over these teams week in week out. We need to just get the job done and forget about style for a while. I don't think the tactics you endorse will work in these wee tight grounds. I certainly don't think signing guys who will become apathetic is the answer.

Raz72
28-08-2012, 12:39
lets be honest no guy worth their salt will come to div 3 in Scotland ffs!! needs to be young players or unproven guys im afraid gone are the days we'd be attracting even guys like larsson.

Dadoprso's ponytail9
28-08-2012, 12:47
This was never going to come off,we need to realise where we are as a club and the type of players we can attract,yes we are still rangers and are a big club but we are a div 3 club,some people are going to be very dissapointed when the window shuts..

crmpicco
28-08-2012, 12:48
I'm starting to believe we're not going to get anyone in before the window slams shut in our faces.

clubdeckg
28-08-2012, 12:52
Don't think anyone's surprised, was never going to happen.

rellymr
28-08-2012, 13:02
A shame but hardly a surprise. He is the type of player we're missing though. We need some pace and some movement but most of all we need to keep the ball on the deck and the tempo up.

Sam_English
28-08-2012, 13:04
Hardly a surprise TBH

supergers07
28-08-2012, 13:05
that twatter universe awash with talk of emile heskey in talks with us lol

DeneRFC
28-08-2012, 13:07
Guy not wanting to play in the 4th tier of Scottish football, and people expected us to sign him?

Denver_Ba
28-08-2012, 13:08
Guy not wanting to play in the 4th tier of Scottish football, and people expected us to sign him?

Some folk were claiming a couple of days ago it was looking good and he had agreed that div 3 wasn't an issue :D.

davieloyal
28-08-2012, 13:21
A quick winger is a must

that's my thinking also.

stefanovitch
28-08-2012, 13:25
that twatter universe awash with talk of emile heskey in talks with us lol

It's a Paddy Power joke!

devilman
28-08-2012, 13:44
I don't think we were ever likely to get him. So, his view of it being "bullshit" was most probably correct.

devilman
28-08-2012, 13:46
A quick winger is a must

The only problem is I really cannot see McCoist using a winger. He's never really tried so far. Even when the options were there they weren't used to full effect. Get the impression signing a winger would be a waste of time.

kingb
28-08-2012, 13:49
The only problem is I really cannot see McCoist using a winger. He's never really tried so far. Even when the options were there they weren't used to full effect. Get the impression signing a winger would be a waste of time.

Flooding the team with central midfielders and people out of position is the reason our football is so bad. I've already said sproule of hibs would be ideal. I can't see us doing better than that.

But as you say ally won't use them. I don't know why he sets the team out not to lose especially the league we are in.

baselbear
28-08-2012, 14:05
Dearie me.

This place.

I think that 'That place' is more apt when replying to him.

RangersFC23
28-08-2012, 14:06
I'm starting to believe we're not going to get anyone in before the window slams shut in our faces.

We'll sign some journeyman bosmans who'll come in and do a job for a season or two.

rossc
28-08-2012, 14:12

I read your original comment as Larsson was not the type of footballer that we needed, nothing to do with his commitment or enthusiasm. We need quick, agile and technically gifted players and Larsson fits the bill.

I don't think division 1 players are really needed, especially when we've picked up players of the standard of Black and Shiels.

The argument about commitment is a valid one, but you would like to think any players signing would be up for the fight.

What is needed is a kick up the arse from the management team and the correct tactics, not strong players. We should be able to last longer in these games than part-time players.

oneraywilkins
28-08-2012, 14:14
Season-ticket-selling flim-flam from Green & co.

We sure are mugs for the in-house transfer propoganda windo after window on here.

TeddybearTam
28-08-2012, 14:17

He's exactly the type of player we need!

reidy
28-08-2012, 14:41
If he had signed you would have to question why a potential international striker at a very decent level would have wanted to risk throwing his career into the wilderness.

I honestly don't know why he was ever considered a reasonable target.

le petit nez bleu
28-08-2012, 14:52
I suspect we'll sign 2 maybe 3 of our trialists. Don't think there will be a signing out of leftfield imo.

berkshiretrueblue
28-08-2012, 16:27
I fear we will not sign anyone else and even if we do I doubt they will be what we need. We are crying out for a fast winger; we are in need of a strong tackling mid field plare that has a bit of guile and we lack a commanding centre back, even more so if Boogie goes.
We also need some quality backroom support for mcCoist

BelfastBear89
28-08-2012, 16:28
Need players in def,he would have been a good signing but suspect it will trialists.

Fisher23
28-08-2012, 16:30
Never really thought this would happen anyway.

CaptainCourageous
28-08-2012, 16:32
Kyle and Sandaza are not good enough and McCulloch and Little have suffered injury lay offs over the last never of years.

oneraywilkins
28-08-2012, 16:50
Kyle and Sandaza are not good enough and McCulloch and Little have suffered injury lay offs over the last never of years.

Sandaza not good enough ?! Is it not a case of good player but s.hit tactics ? If he can bag 12 in a season in the SPL how can he not be good enough for Div 3 ?

ttarmour26
28-08-2012, 16:59
some of the shite on this board is unbelievable mccoist has already said more players will be brought in before the window shuts this larsson transfer was never going to happen didnt stop the doom mongers on here starting tho

isawthat
28-08-2012, 17:03
According to his agent over here, with quotes.

He says it is bullshit, his actual words. Dynamo Kiev interested.

http://fotbolltransfers.com/site/news/22807

Don't know one Bear that expected him to sign. Frankly, he is far too good for the SPL never mind the Third Division.

I think the gutter press dream these stories up, just to give them a 'A. N. other snubs Rangers' rubbish headline.

blue_johnny
28-08-2012, 17:09
No surprise at all. This was always a non starter

Blue Tack
28-08-2012, 17:10

Dearie effin me ,utter tripe on here at times,so after no pre-season,and after a couple of games thats it,binned ? Trust me if they scored in the spl they will score in div 3

supergers07
28-08-2012, 17:28
Glad im not only one that doesnt think sandaza is up to it

..Obi-Wan..
28-08-2012, 17:34
Everybody thats gutted, how many times have you actually seen him play? Twice? Last season?

chill out **** sake

hagi bear
28-08-2012, 17:35
Glad im not only one that doesnt think sandaza is up to it

Sandaza is very overrated amongst our fans. You only have to look at some of the posts from January to see that. This is a guy who couldn't get a game for Brighton in League One, and wasn't even a regular for Dundee United towards the end

I'd still expect him to do a job at the level we're currently at, but he's no messiah. I think people automatically see a lone striker and expect him to perform like Jelavic or Prso

CaptainCourageous
28-08-2012, 18:43
Dearie effin me ,utter tripe on here at times,so after no pre-season,and after a couple of games thats it,binned ? Trust me if they scored in the spl they will score in div 3

McCulloch and Little are good enough but both have had spells out injured and I wouldn't be surprised if McCulloch plays in midfield.

Sandaza never impressed me but should be scoring regularly in the crap we play in.

Kevin Kyle is fat and injury prone.

All four have spent decent time out injured which is a concern. We must go out and bring in another striker and certainly not one that is a target man. The players and manager also need to realise that Sandaza is not a target man!

turrabear
28-08-2012, 18:43
said from the word go it was shit.but we only have wendneasday , thursday , friday to go . so we had better get some one in.

billgill
28-08-2012, 18:46
more chance of henrick larsson singing

Göteborg-Rangers
28-08-2012, 18:53
Everybody thats gutted, how many times have you actually seen him play? Twice? Last season?

chill out **** sake

Seen him a lot over the last couple of years.

He would be a fantastic addition, however I am not gutted as I never really thought he would come.

Especially when he starts getting offers from other teams.

baystatebear
28-08-2012, 19:23
Given our current predicament—exiled in Div. 3—Larsson, or no foreign player of any real standing—is going to want to come to us. In fact, we might find it hard to hold onto to our own home grown products, as scavengers like Everton come hovering around.

However, whilst the quality of the current squad is undeniably mediocre, nevertheless, they should be more than good enough to easily win promotion from the bottom tier. Failure to do so would be entirely down to the inadequacies of Ally McCoist and his coaching staff.

imbran
28-08-2012, 20:19
Shame, but not a surprise. The surprise came when we were linked with him in the first place.

colin_bell
29-08-2012, 14:57
According Scott Burns@ Express he is doubting the validity of agent who was quoted yesterday as representing DL:mad:. Adamant that Ally is still in talks with player.

Welcome to the TW Madness !!!

TPABear
29-08-2012, 14:58
According Scott Burns@ Express he is doubting the validity of agent who was quoted yesterday as representing DL:mad:. Adamant that Ally is still in talks with player.

Welcome to the TW Madness !!!

Here is hoping

We could be doing with someone like him to boost our confidence

stefanovitch
29-08-2012, 15:02
Just had a look on twatter and Scott Burns does indeed say McCoist is still in talks with the player!

Thought I'd back up the trialist before he gets hung out to dry ;)

It appears his agent is Jan Olsson and not Oliver Cabrera - Cabrera has Peter Larsson listed as a client.

SuperAlD
29-08-2012, 15:08
Seriously did anyone expect us to splash cash?
We have a squad more than good enough to win the two divisions as is.

Bowery Boys
29-08-2012, 15:12
Burns seems to have his finger on the pulse with regards to Rangers these days.

KirkconnelBear
29-08-2012, 15:49
This was always a silly story to build our hopes up.

I hope that we have a realistic signing target though

Tagsbear
29-08-2012, 15:58
Burns seems to have his finger on the pulse with regards to Rangers these days.

He reckons we are interested/talking to a few decent players, we'll find out soon enough. Larsson would be a ridiculous coup in our current predicament.

JackBauer24
29-08-2012, 16:03
He reckons we are interested/talking to a few decent players, we'll find out soon enough. Larsson would be a ridiculous coup in our current predicament.

Absolutely. Would have been a big improvement on last years forward options never mind now. The cynic in me can't help but feel that he is this summers Juhasz/Goodwillie/Verhoek/Cuellar

Bowery Boys
29-08-2012, 16:06

Interesting. I'm expecting at least 2 new faces.

supergers07
29-08-2012, 16:11
Still hope for Larsson then

ttarmour26
29-08-2012, 16:18
hope we can get him it would be some coup if we do also hope we bring in a winger with pace

Mattl
29-08-2012, 16:22
Scott Burns seems to have the inside scoop on most of our transfer dealings. Let's hope he's on the money with this one.

Goughie1873
29-08-2012, 17:23
Would be amazing if we got him, wouldnt do much for his International place unless the Swedish coach knows he'd be still having to put in the same effort if he was elsewhere

stefanovitch
29-08-2012, 17:43
Would be amazing if we got him, wouldnt do much for his International place unless the Swedish coach knows he'd be still having to put in the same effort if he was elsewhere

AFAIK he hasn't played for the national side since 2010.

hagi bear
29-08-2012, 17:48
The only reason Larsson would join us is if he had his heart set on playing in England and was advised to go down the Boumsong/Jelavic route of having a year in Scotland first. There's absolutely no way he'd see any kind of long term future here.

rangersloyal
29-08-2012, 17:53
Good news day son