PDA

View Full Version : 9-in-a-row at Tannadice

livi_true_blue
27-08-2012, 10:40
Everyone is a wee bit down after Berwick, so why not revive a few happy memories from that evening at Tannadice when Brian Laudrup score to clinch nine in a row.

I'm just completing the Walter Smith years (part one) for the Rangers memories book, but I've only got one story from that night, there must be more out there surely ... I need a couple of extra contributions, it was a special moment and needs to be recognised.

Anything would be happily received, the trip there and back, ticket search, how good was it when the goal went in, final whistle sounded.

As ever ... all proceeds from the book, after costs will go to the Scottish War Blind.

rangers_memories@hotmail.co.uk

www.its-off-to-the-match.co.uk

gorbalsbear3rd
27-08-2012, 10:50
I got a wee story about how I got a ticket that I can send u later if u like, I'm out at the min, don't know it will be interesting enough for a book though.

Parkway Al
27-08-2012, 11:40
I was at the games where we clinched the previous eight. Couldn't get a ticket for that one for love nor money.

livi_true_blue
27-08-2012, 11:48
I got a wee story about how I got a ticket that I can send u later if u like, I'm out at the min, don't know it will be interesting enough for a book though.

Fire it in ... All Rangers stories are interesting !

first250worldrecord
27-08-2012, 13:27
Thread hijack:ninja:

Can anyone spare a ticket stub and/or programme from this game they'd be willing to part with?:angel:

I'm sure an old boy passed away near me at that game OP. Not sure if your book is happy memories only but it may or may not be worth mentioning. I know if I could choose how I went it would be watching the Gers lift 9IAR.

livi_true_blue
27-08-2012, 19:50
Thread hijack:ninja:

Can anyone spare a ticket stub and/or programme from this game they'd be willing to part with?:angel:

I'm sure an old boy passed away near me at that game OP. Not sure if your book is happy memories only but it may or may not be worth mentioning. I know if I could choose how I went it would be watching the Gers lift 9IAR.

Book is about all memories, the full spectrum of being a fan, though to be fair most are good ones.

My dad died on the morning of a Rangers - Aberdeen cup replay, I went to the game that night ... we lost. He introduced me to the Rangers and I'm sure he would have approved.

finnieboy
27-08-2012, 20:06
Me and my 2 mates had tickets for the Utd end behind the goals. No colours but we stuck out like sore thumbs with our Glesga clobber all leather jackets etc. We tried to blend in with the opposition fans and tried to kid on that we hated it when Lauders scored but it was 2 obvious that we were taking great pleasure from that goal. We were getting funny looks all night and when it came to the final whistle we decided to stay on to see players party but unfortunately a gang of Utd casuals had called our bluff and were hanging about waiting for us at the exit. We had to scarper along the back of the stand then out the exit at the other side and dash down tannadice street to safety. Was a bit of an escape but didn't stop us jumping for joy and continued the party back at George Square in Glasgow at around midnight. Bears everywhere with cars circling the square with their flags a flying and horns a pumping.

A bit fraught at times but a great night and glad to be there to watch history being made.

Not much of a story mate but thought I'd throw my tuppence worth in!

bmc2500
27-08-2012, 20:21
The atmosphere was superb and the feeling of clinching nine in a row was totally amazing. The place literally erupted when Laudrup scored that night. My shins were black and blue the next day from jumping up and down and battering them off the next row of seats.

GTD
27-08-2012, 20:37
Me and three other guys from the RSC I went with at the time went up to the game. Two had tickets, me and another guy didn't.

I was young and had just started going regularly to games, he had been going since the start of 9IAR. I found a ticket for sale but said to him. He bought it as I felt that he deserved the memories far more than I did.

Pissing of rain and me and a few other guys were trying to peek through the window of the BBC van parked outside Tannadice to see the TV inside.

Worth it all just to be in the same street when it happened!!

livi_true_blue
28-08-2012, 00:04
Me and three other guys from the RSC I went with at the time went up to the game. Two had tickets, me and another guy didn't.

I was young and had just started going regularly to games, he had been going since the start of 9IAR. I found a ticket for sale but said to him. He bought it as I felt that he deserved the memories far more than I did.

Pissing of rain and me and a few other guys were trying to peek through the window of the BBC van parked outside Tannadice to see the TV inside.

Worth it all just to be in the same street when it happened!!

I like wee memories like that, it tells the story of the evening in a different way.

Sending a PM

WokinghamBear
28-08-2012, 00:11
Not so much that night but the next morning I remember going over to Paisley Uni, buying one of every newspaper with the coverage and meeting one of my best mates, a Partick Thistle fan, who stuck out his hand and just said something along the lines of, "Congratulations to your club on an incredible achievement."

I think I just listened to commentary on the radio in my house and celebrated with a couple of beers and a trip down memory lane about the players, games and I moments over that 9 year period.

livi_true_blue
28-08-2012, 09:58
Not so much that night but the next morning I remember going over to Paisley Uni,

I was at Paisley Uni ... sadly it was just a technical college at the time.

Anyone got other Tannadice tales?

Got just about enough to do the evening justice, but would like some more ... anything from George Square that night, or outside Ibrox?