PDA

View Full Version : The players who walked

BeerBear
27-07-2012, 08:47
There have been a few threads on the players who walked away to sign for other clubs and they have been slagged off for denying Rangers a transfer fee - up to 20m according to some estimates.

Other threads have shouted out against renewing season tickets, buying club merchandise etc so that income is restricted and therefore CG has less of a pot to work with and would not be inclined to steal our cash and run off.

So where is the difference between players denying a possible influx of cash to the club and us, as fans, doing the same.
Seems to me there's not much in it and those who have played for us and gone elsewhere should do so with our best wishes.

cumbrae loyal
27-07-2012, 09:00
There have been a few threads on the players who walked away to sign for other clubs and they have been slagged off for denying Rangers a transfer fee - up to 20m according to some estimates.

Other threads have shouted out against renewing season tickets, buying club merchandise etc so that income is restricted and therefore CG has less of a pot to work with and would not be inclined to steal our cash and run off.

So where is the difference between players denying a possible influx of cash to the club and us, as fans, doing the same.
Seems to me there's not much in it and those who have played for us and gone elsewhere should do so with our best wishes.

So what EX player might you be;):D

nicnac
27-07-2012, 09:05
there was a thread on this about 3 weeks ago:ninja:

frankieboy
27-07-2012, 09:08

Not buying season tickets doesn't mean we are not giving Rangers money,we will buy for games when the tickets become available,until we find out what Charlie boy's plans are.

The players abandoned us without a thought,they are cowards who do not deserve to be called ex Rangers players,they could have signed over,then left,at least we would have got a fee for them.

Rangers men,my @rse.

BeerBear
27-07-2012, 09:16
there was a thread on this about 3 weeks ago:ninja:

I wish I had seen it and I wouldn't have felt the need to post this one
:p

turrabear
27-07-2012, 09:19
it's not a case of not giving rangers money if you buy at the gate . by not buyinga s esaon ticket you simply arn't front loading money to green and his merry men. as for the ex player wee rat's and nothing more naismith. whittiker and mcgregors comment's were shocking , davis should have acted like a club captain as for lafferty waste of space . the young players like ness ect had the chance to become legends . they are not even worthey of being called ex rangers players.

hagi bear
27-07-2012, 09:22
20 million? They all had release clauses, none of which were more than 2 million

Bluenozebob
27-07-2012, 11:07
Not buying season tickets doesn't mean we are not giving Rangers money,we will buy for games when the tickets become available,until we find out what Charlie boy's plans are.

The players abandoned us without a thought,they are cowards who do not deserve to be called ex Rangers players,they could have signed over,then left,at least we would have got a fee for them.

Rangers men,my @rse.

Perhaps part of those players thinking was similar to that of the supporters, ie that not having heard Greens plans they were not prepared to afford him and his mystery backers to do what they want with money that came from them.

adidasler
27-07-2012, 12:04
Perhaps part of those players thinking was similar to that of the supporters, ie that not having heard Greens plans they were not prepared to afford him and his mystery backers to do what they want with money that came from them.

Ah, so like us they will pay up when we have a clear path forward, or will they just chip in as we go?

Bluenozebob
27-07-2012, 12:20
Ah, so like us they will pay up when we have a clear path forward, or will they just chip in as we go?

Perhaps the wrath should be directed to Mr C Green, rather than the players who left. He didn't and still to this day hasn't clarified who his backers are. His CVA was so ridiculously low it was designed to put us where we are today.
If you were in the players shoes, given these circumstances, would you have hung around, plus taken a huge wage cut to play at the lower leagues in Scotland for the next few years ?. Its a short career, and given Greens only wish is to make money out of anything associated with Rangers, i think those that left played him at his own game.

bilkobear
27-07-2012, 13:29

This has been done to death.

No one has a problem with players looking after their career and gaining a move to a better quality of football.
No one has a problem with them lining their pockets.
We all accept that they had clauses to move for small fees and we know why they negotiated those clauses and we were in tune with them.

What we have a problem with is that they used our demise to inflate their signing on fees and this wasn't just done at the expense of those clauses it was done at the expense of denying our continued existence.
They got into bed with our worst enemies and agreed that Rangers were dead................... and all for a few lousy quid more.

They are scum.

frankieboy
27-07-2012, 13:38

It would have went to Rangers,and would have helped to pay wages,debts etc,but they were greedy and cowards.

Bluenozebob
27-07-2012, 16:09
It would have went to Rangers,and would have helped to pay wages,debts etc,but they were greedy and cowards.

Until i have proof of who are behind Green and that all accounts are in order, i would not give him a penny. Banstead Athletic ring any bells ?

ChicagoBear
27-07-2012, 16:11
The players signed a contract with the club and should have honoured them, either that or asked for a transfer. Season tickets are something each individual can buy when they want.

Its not even a comparable situation and Iwish it would stop being compared as such.