PDA

View Full Version : 1 day licence??

Tedi
27-07-2012, 00:44
http://www.thesun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/leaguedivision3/4457052/Gers-set-to-get-nod-at-last-but-only-for-telly-game-at-Brechin.html

agcooper
27-07-2012, 00:46
what a load of pish.

J72K
They can take their 1 day licence and shove it right up their corrupt small minded stupid f ucking arses.

Spicy-Chicken
**** right off... no chance

jed jed1
RANGERS could finally be awarded SFA membership but only for ONE DAY.

Ally McCoists men are set to land a conditional licence to face Brechin in a televised Ramsdens Cup clash on Sunday.

Then it will be taken back off them before talks continue next week. That is one of the options being considered by football chiefs as the stormy wrangle over the clubs membership of the SFA rages on.

Just TWO days before Gers are due to play competitive football again, they have not yet been given the licence they need.

They continue to be at loggerheads with the SPL over the future punishments and TV rights. High level talks have hit a wall after a fortnight.

And as the deadline looms ahead of this weekends action, there have been real fears that the cup clash with Brechin scheduled may NOT be able to go ahead.

That has prompted officials to look into a compromise solution and the 90 minute licence could fit the bill.

Legally SFA chiefs may be unable to sanction such a move but they will still try if no agreement is reached by tonight.

Gers are refusing to cave in and sign any agreement which could see them stripped of league titles won during the EBT years.
But the SPL insist that an independent tribunal must be allowed to study the evidence and make a ruling. That is the biggest stumbling block in discussions between five parties.

The so-called old Rangers, new Rangers, the SPL, the SFA and SFL are all involved. E-mails were being sent back and forth late last night in a bid to finalise things and discussions will resume this morning in the hope that a deal can be struck.

Its unclear whether that would allow boss McCoist to sign any of his targets. Ian Black and Craig Beattie have been training with a view to signing deals.

Robbie Savage has revealed he wants to come out of retirement to play in the Third Division. But until the club has got SFA membership no players can actually be signed.

Meanwhile, Allan McGregor has joined Besiktas and insisted: Im ready for the challenge.

The ex-Rangers keeper, 30, agreed a two-year deal worth 35,000 a week with the Turkish cracks.

Gregsy, 30, completed his medical and will now jet out to Austria to join up with his new team-mates.

He said: Its a big club with big tradition and supposedly they have great fans who make a lot of noise.

Its a new challenge thats come up and Im ready for it. Ill be giving my all here, as I do every time I play.

Gers owner Charles Green will fight for compensation insisting McGregor could NOT quit Ibrox for nothing.

McGregor insisted: My club went into liquidation in June and I became a free agent.

Rab P
RANGERS could finally be awarded SFA membership — but only for ONE DAY.

Ally McCoist’s men are set to land a conditional licence to face Brechin in a televised Ramsdens Cup clash on Sunday.

Then it will be taken back off them before talks continue next week. That is one of the options being considered by football chiefs as the stormy wrangle over the club’s membership of the SFA rages on.

Just TWO days before Gers are due to play competitive football again, they have not yet been given the licence they need.

They continue to be at loggerheads with the SPL over the future punishments and TV rights. High level talks have hit a wall after a fortnight.

And as the deadline looms ahead of this weekend’s action, there have been real fears that the cup clash with Brechin scheduled may NOT be able to go ahead.

That has prompted officials to look into a compromise solution — and the 90 minute licence could fit the bill.

Legally SFA chiefs may be unable to sanction such a move — but they will still try if no agreement is reached by tonight.

Gers are refusing to cave in and sign any agreement which could see them stripped of league titles won during the EBT years.

But the SPL insist that an independent tribunal must be allowed to study the evidence and make a ruling. That is the biggest stumbling block in discussions between five parties.

The so-called old Rangers, new Rangers, the SPL, the SFA and SFL are all involved. E-mails were being sent back and forth late last night in a bid to finalise things and discussions will resume this morning in the hope that a deal can be struck.

It’s unclear whether that would allow boss McCoist to sign any of his targets. Ian Black and Craig Beattie have been training with a view to signing deals.

Robbie Savage has revealed he wants to come out of retirement to play in the Third Division. But until the club has got SFA membership no players can actually be signed.

Meanwhile, Allan McGregor has joined Besiktas and insisted: “I’m ready for the challenge.”

The ex-Rangers keeper, 30, agreed a two-year deal worth 35,000 a week with the Turkish cracks.

Gregsy, 30, completed his medical and will now jet out to Austria to join up with his new team-mates.

He said: “It’s a big club with big tradition and supposedly they have great fans who make a lot of noise.

“It’s a new challenge that’s come up and I’m ready for it. I’ll be giving my all here, as I do every time I play.”

Gers owner Charles Green will fight for compensation insisting McGregor could NOT quit Ibrox for nothing.

McGregor insisted: “My club went into liquidation in June and I became a free agent.”

okeydokey505
27-07-2012, 00:47
This is becoming a fu(kin laughing stock

Jimmy Mac
27-07-2012, 00:47
They can sook my knob

billywizz
27-07-2012, 00:48
How logical does that sound, eh we'll give you a license to play Brechin, but we may not hand you one for the up coming league season

But what if we go through, we only playing Ramsdens cup games

What a pile of absolute horseshit

ramers1873
27-07-2012, 00:50
i fecking give up

Nathan-Jones
27-07-2012, 00:50
It's in the Sun people!?!

It's in Revelations people!?!

Hendrixbear
27-07-2012, 00:51
Tell them to get ****ed.

Blue Tack
27-07-2012, 00:51
Pull out of it,refuse to play,just goes to show THEY are bricking it,a 1 day license bwahahahahahaha....we have this sown up,hold tight Rangers and we will win this battle,theyve blinked first,ever so slightly

Helstead
27-07-2012, 00:52
The whole idea of getting a one day pass to play is just a farce and just makes the SFA look even more ridiculous than they already do in the handling of our situation.

Lizzy's 11
27-07-2012, 00:53
Literally making every single decision up as they go along.

"Aw yeah actually, you know, we have this eh.. this eh thing eh... a one day licence. Aye... that's it- a one day licence. Ye can have one of them..."

Rudyard Kipling
Meanwhile, Allan McGregor has joined Besiktas and insisted: Im ready for the challenge.

He said: Its a big club with big tradition and supposedly they have great fans who make a lot of noise.

Its a new challenge thats come up and Im ready for it. Ill be giving my all here, as I do every time I play.

McGregor insisted: My club went into liquidation in June and I became a free agent.

Rangers isn't your club you rat. It's ours, and you're dead to us.

Jimmy Mac
Seriously? They can jam it

gilliangers
27-07-2012, 00:54
Lol the sun come on bears!

Tedi
27-07-2012, 00:55
It does show that Green (with Ally calling the shots) is standing firm though?

Enigma
27-07-2012, 00:56
So either McGregor is totally stupid or the Sun don't have a clue what their talking about.

We're still in administration ffs and have never been liquidated.

shawsrfc
27-07-2012, 00:57
can g.s and other rangers fans group go and see rfff and take injunction out on the whole scottish football by using the fans money to do so . those people are trying to find us guilty for nothing we have been found guilty for . this is one big bit of crap

agcooper
27-07-2012, 00:59
So either McGregor is totally stupid or the Sun don't have a clue what their talking about.

We're still in administration ffs and have never been liquidated.

its what his agent will have coached him to say so as not to be in breach of some technicality.

he was probably reading it off a prompt sheet.

flootbon
27-07-2012, 01:01
AS posted on another thread:

If this is true it's nonsense.

Licence or no licence. Nothing in between to suit the TV deal with Alba.

SPL are desperate to keep the TV deal going - Sky or whoever. If Rangers don't play at Brechin, any TV company will be be very wary of dealing with the SPL.

Abort the negotiations. Full licence or nothing. No stripping of titles.

No half way measures, nothing to suit the SPL agenda.

No licence, then the Brechin game dies.

Sorry Ramsdens, your biggest sponsorship coup is about to end. Shame.

kerrzo
27-07-2012, 01:06
Nah it's just the Sun , the press know they can sell a lot of papers tomorrow i wouldn't expect anything less from them.

Chris P Bacon
27-07-2012, 01:10
The Sun:

look closely......

its lies!

True Blue 1972
27-07-2012, 01:22
Wouldn't wipe my arse with the Sun. End of story.

BlueMcLeod89
27-07-2012, 01:26
Lol haha unbelieveable , i got a good laugh reading that .

williewoodburn
27-07-2012, 01:28
they can take their one-day licence and shove it where the sun dont shine and, speaking of the Sun, put it there too.

The worlds worst paper !

Soldierwhy
27-07-2012, 01:32
Jackanory from the Sun, there's a shocker...

pennyblack
27-07-2012, 07:01
besiktas are back from austria about 3 days ago, so why would mcgregorbe going there?

crowthornebear
27-07-2012, 07:04
It's the Sun, they publish crap most of the time.

If it is the case then we should just refuse to take the License.

WATP

bigbluenose43
27-07-2012, 07:13
they can ram it up the celtc tunnel:mad:

bluenosejimmy
27-07-2012, 07:18
Come on to f@ck, even cg wouldn't be daft enough to accept this, who benefits from a 1day licence? Not rangers that's for sure, I reckon this story has got to be a steaming pile of piss

bluepeter
27-07-2012, 07:19
Come on to f@ck, even cg wouldn't be daft enough to accept this, who benefits from a 1day licence? Not rangers that's for sure, I reckon this story has got to be a steaming pile of piss

Good point!

Numans_Left_Peg
27-07-2012, 07:20
AS posted on another thread:

If this is true it's nonsense.

Licence or no licence. Nothing in between to suit the TV deal with Alba.

SPL are desperate to keep the TV deal going - Sky or whoever. If Rangers don't play at Brechin, any TV company will be be very wary of dealing with the SPL.

Abort the negotiations. Full licence or nothing. No stripping of titles.

No half way measures, nothing to suit the SPL agenda.

No licence, then the Brechin game dies.

Sorry Ramsdens, your biggest sponsorship coup is about to end. Shame.

100% correct.

sebrof61
27-07-2012, 07:22
90 minute licence :confused:

what if it goes to extra time

baku_bear
27-07-2012, 07:26
Are these ****s for real??:mad:
Ram it!!
All or nothing!
Stand firm, Ally

unclemaat
27-07-2012, 07:37
I've got a ticket for this game and desperate to go, they can stick there tickets up there rase if they do this, it's all about lining other peoples pockets now, one day licence, I hope they are told to shove it

frankieboy
27-07-2012, 07:45
So can we sign players in that one day?

blueismycolour
27-07-2012, 08:24
Aye, you can shove that where the sun doesn't shine.

Shane Vendrell
27-07-2012, 08:26
F.uck off mcgregor you judas kant

tkmcg
27-07-2012, 09:51
If it is true ? it,s a thanks but no thanks from me, get it sorted then we,ll play ball

InsanicDrunk
27-07-2012, 09:55
Baw-Locks! We either get it or we don't no fcking halfway houses!

Though if they did give it to us for one day it could help with legal arguments!

jaws73
27-07-2012, 09:58
If they grant a license, they wouldn't have any grounds to revoke it. Story is bollocks methinks.

Mind you, they do tend to make up rules as they go along.

BeerBear
27-07-2012, 09:58
Love the bit where it says the move might not be legal, but the SFA will try to implement it anyway.
Corrupt bassas continue to make up the rules as they go.

Terry_Y
27-07-2012, 09:59
IF...this is true then Scottish Football would struggle very hard to embaress itself any further.

IF...this is true i seriosly hope we tell them to ram it right up their hole.

LittleDJ 90
27-07-2012, 10:00
SFA need to do something about this they seem to do absolutely f()ck all about anything bunch of useless c()nts the f()vking lot of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

blue216
27-07-2012, 10:02
90 minute licence? Can we not play added time?

km2008
27-07-2012, 10:34
dont accept this Rangers tell them to shove it. even a few pound from this match is too much if we dont get the full membership.

give them nothing

smiles
27-07-2012, 10:43
Sounds like bawlocks so SFA will probably try it. Tell them to jog on Rangers.

burghger
27-07-2012, 10:49
ewen murray on twitter is commenting on this now. looks like there might be something behind it :( absolute nonsense

dublinbear
27-07-2012, 10:51
We either meet the criteria for a licence or we don't. If they grant us a licence, we should go straight to UEFA with it.

Johnnylogie
27-07-2012, 10:53
To my mind it's a "solution" dreamt up by the so called paper to promote sales.

Absolute rubbish.

mildmannered janitor
27-07-2012, 10:57
Sounds like total fantasy, but since the powers that be are halfwits then it may be accurate.

It just shows that they want us there to fabricate a new legislation to get us to play. Hold firm on other issues and they will fold.

ps. Can we sign players during the one day licence if it exists? Get everyone signed during half-time?

tommyblue
27-07-2012, 11:04
cant fookin be real:mad:

Number_Eight
27-07-2012, 11:08
Corrupt authority in the game is making rules up as it goes along.

I wouldn't rule this out.

Tim Hunter
27-07-2012, 11:27
What an absolutely ludicrous concept.
The desire to fuukk rangers over remains undiminished, so anything is possible.
Why can they not see how absurd their behaviour is to the world outside?
We are having victim status imposed upon us, the Thims will be bealin'.

gaz4d
27-07-2012, 11:34
Absolute farce !!.

If they grant this 1 day licence, do we play on Sunday?? ..... reluctantly, maybe. Or do we call their bluff and tell them to shove it?

Then on Monday the SFL MUST come out with their vote of no confidence in the SFA.

Sam_English
27-07-2012, 11:44
They're just making the rules as they go.

mad4rfcme
27-07-2012, 11:46
Ram it, you bunch of bitter cant$. Bears, never forget how these taig led trumpets have treating us.

jaws73
27-07-2012, 12:53
If they give us a temporary SFA membership, game by game, then that is the SPL screwed as there will be no sign off by Sky on that basis. Also, when would we be able to register new players?

I doubt very much if that avenue will come to fruition (mind you, nothing tends to surprise with this ridiculous saga)

volunteer
27-07-2012, 13:12
This is nothing more than another embarrassing episode from the SFA.

SFA-not fit for purpose.

imbran
27-07-2012, 13:12
Surely can't be anything to this story, but even if there is we should resist it.
Have sympathy for Brechin though - they have prepared well for the game and had to lay out cash to get everything ready.

bluebarney
27-07-2012, 13:13
That would mean we cant sign any players before the one day license is in place. So we will have to go with the current players we have on the books

gaz4d
27-07-2012, 13:17
Have sympathy for Brechin though - they have prepared well for the game and had to lay out cash to get everything ready.

Are you Andy Kerr in disguise ??? :)

toadegree
27-07-2012, 13:37
So will they keep issuing a one day licence up untill the end of August so we can't sign any players?