PDA

View Full Version : If We Dont Get Our Licence By The End Of Play Tomorrow...

RoskoRangers
26-07-2012, 19:33
Then surely its time we really took the fight to the SFA/SPL

Theres is 4 more Olympic games to be played at Hampdump. We have already seen the hype and embarrassment that yesterdays north korea flag scandal has caused.

So can you imagine the hype, anger and embarrassment there would be if 10,000 or more of us turned up outside Hampdump to protest 2 hours before a game.

It would highlight our plight to the world and would really show the sfa up for the morons they really are. The media outlets all over the world would cover it and serious questions would be asked

Saturday 28th July - 17.00 - 21.45 USA woman v Columbia woman, France woman v Korea DPR woman

Wednesday 1st August - 14.30 - 16.30 Egypt - Belarus (mens)

Friday 3rd August - Women's Quarterfinal 1 - 1st Group F v 2nd Group G

pollokprod
26-07-2012, 19:35
I think we should be thinking along these lines !

RTID101
26-07-2012, 19:37
The hype and embarrassment with the flag was against the Olympic organisers. As would any disruption to the games due to our protest. We need to move against the SFA/SPL but disrupting the Olympics isn't the way to go.

KilwinningBlue
26-07-2012, 19:39
The hype and embarrassment with the flag was against the Olympic organisers. As would any disruption to the games due to our protest. We need to move against the SFA/SPL but disrupting the Olympics isn't the way to go.

Bollocks. We need to take the gloves off. We've done next to **** all for 5 months. No licence tomorrow is a step too far.

AnglianBear
26-07-2012, 19:39
I think this is a cracking idea, but thats easy for me to say 600 miles away.

Tomato Plant
26-07-2012, 19:40
You'd have riot cops and all sort preventing this.

canterburyblue
26-07-2012, 19:42
This is not an SFA event.Would it look good Rangers trying to damage British Olympics.

P2PRFC
26-07-2012, 19:43
Sat 28th we should protest outside hampden, enough is enough.

sensiblesteve
26-07-2012, 19:43

Have you got a better idea then ?

Sam_English
26-07-2012, 19:44
It would ensure maximum coverage of our plight

smkz23
This is not an SFA event.Would it look good Rangers trying to damage British Olympics.

correct - you'd only be damaging the Olympics

Bishopton_Blue

This.

We would only be made out to be be the bad guys in this, and maybe rightly so if we stooped to this level.

RTID101
26-07-2012, 19:45
Have you got a better idea then ?

Admittedly no. But I know a bad, and potentially self damaging idea when I see one.

KilwinningBlue
26-07-2012, 19:46
This.

We would only be made out to be be the bad guys in this, and maybe rightly so if we stooped to this level.

Couldn't go ruining our sparklingly good reputation now. :roll:

hutch42
26-07-2012, 19:46
Damage it the SFA have done enough of that already.

RTID101
26-07-2012, 19:47
It would ensure maximum coverage of our plight

I agree. But disrupting the games is unlikely to get the sympathy of the public nor media.

RTID101
26-07-2012, 19:47
Damage it the SFA have done enough of that already.

Forgive my ignorance. But how?

bearfaecumbernauld
26-07-2012, 19:52
No licence should mean 1000's go to Hamdump with tickets for the South stands right in line of the TV cameras and protest live against the SPL and SFA treatment of our club.

RTID101
26-07-2012, 19:56
No licence should mean 1000's go to Hamdump with tickets for the South stands right in line of the TV cameras and protest live against the SPL and SFA treatment of our club.

I like the sound of that. As long as it was done peacefully with no disruption to other punters.

Kirbys House
26-07-2012, 19:56
A few soft souls in this thread eh?

We're close to death at the hands of the SFA and people don't want to go to Hampden to protest against this disgusting treatment because it might disrupt the Olympics.

Jeezo.

loyaltrebler
26-07-2012, 19:57

This is what must happen do we have a,shitey Sean, style protestor in our midst,we must start to think along these lines ,it will bring maximum coverage handcuffed to the Hamdump goalposts ,preferrably during the USA game,allegedly:ninja:

BroxiBlue
26-07-2012, 19:59
Do it before the USA game for maximum exposure.

ray mac
26-07-2012, 19:59
Why dont we find out Doncasters address just to have a friendly word

jorg_the_hammer
26-07-2012, 20:00

Theres is 4 more Olympic games to be played at Hampdump. We have already seen the hype and embarrassment that yesterdays north korea flag scandal has caused.

So can you imagine the hype, anger and embarrassment there would be if 10,000 or more of us turned up outside Hampdump to protest 2 hours before a game.

It would highlight our plight to the world and would really show the sfa up for the morons they really are. The media outlets all over the world would cover it and serious questions would be asked

Saturday 28th July - 17.00 - 21.45 USA woman v Columbia woman, France woman v Korea DPR woman

Sod being outside the ground - get 10000 bears inside with banners!

pennyblack
they would simply say it was Rangers fault, using 1984 techniques.

Top_Cat
I'd burn hampden down :ninja: :D

Ubik
26-07-2012, 20:01
Bollocks. We need to take the gloves off. We've done next to **** all for 5 months. No licence tomorrow is a step too far.

I will attend but its too late imo

NS
26-07-2012, 20:02
Yes please

Pick & game & i will be there

bearfaecumbernauld
26-07-2012, 20:03
A few soft souls in this thread eh?

We're close to death at the hands of the SFA and people don't want to go to Hampden to protest against this disgusting treatment because it might disrupt the Olympics.

Jeezo.

If we are refused the licence then the Olympics are a perfect venue to protest.

1000's in the same seats will mean no real hassle but it would get our message across the globe and the police and stewards can do phuck all abou a peaceful protest!!

bigkahunarab
26-07-2012, 20:04

Exactly how it would be reported.

jango
26-07-2012, 20:06
We won't get near Hampden without tickets.

bearfaecumbernauld
26-07-2012, 20:08
We won't get near Hampden without tickets.

There will be loads of tickets available. Let's do something FFS.

Rhegan and Doncaster will have the negative publicity.

menniet4
26-07-2012, 20:08
Sod being outside the ground - get 10000 bears inside with banners!
Would banners get past the airport style security?

Billy Mac
26-07-2012, 20:10
Rhegan and Doncaster will have the negative publicity.

You underestimate the power of our "impartial" meeja!!

The blame will be laid fully at Rangers doorstep.

:mad:

CHEMICALBEAR
26-07-2012, 20:13
Who gives a f**k what people think about us at Hampden!
No better time or place.

paulmainstandmiller
26-07-2012, 20:15
There will be thousands of bears in the place on saterday considering everyone and there granny got free tickets

TheBrownBear
26-07-2012, 20:16
Doing it at an Olympic venue would bring to the worlds attention how corrupt the SFA/SPL are.....

bustergonad
26-07-2012, 20:16
This.

What he said.

Ridiculous idea from the other poster

Would end up riot cops etc

World wide pics of big bad Rangers fans fighting with riot cops

Do you think we would get a sympathetic response from the media?

Would bve 100 times worse than Manchester

Davie800
26-07-2012, 20:18
It may not be a SFA event but it is in the national stadium and they wanted nothing to do with team G.B.

surly that is something we could bring to the worlds attention.

Team G.B. F. THE SFA.

bearspaw
26-07-2012, 20:20
Sat 28th we should protest outside hampden, enough is enough.

Buy 20000 tickets and protest inside the ground

ramie govan f
26-07-2012, 20:20
great it would be on every news channel around the world

Rabc54
26-07-2012, 20:21
I think all this is a deliberate ploy by the SFA/SPL to embarrass Rangers . They will wait until 5 pm tomorrow night and give us the go ahead knowing that we will not be able to sign or register players before Sunday's game against Brechin City . Then they will be hoping that we lose . It will be right up their street . Sporting Integrity - My a**e !

balloo_bear
26-07-2012, 20:21
Good idea, I'd be in. There is no way they could stop us from congregating outside hampden until it is too late, how can they distinguish between those going to the game and those going to protest. You would hear our songs and chants from outside the ground loud and clear through the telly.

RoskoRangers
26-07-2012, 20:22
What he said.

Ridiculous idea from the other poster

Would end up riot cops etc

World wide pics of big bad Rangers fans fighting with riot cops

Do you think we would get a sympathetic response from the media?

Would bve 100 times worse than Manchester

I disagree. I heard the same thing being posted about the march to hampden. As long as it remained peaceful and we got out point across in the correct manner then i dont see the problem.
We're not out to damage the olympics, we're using it as a vehicle to show our anger and discountent at the shambles that is scottish football and the way we've been treated. If we dont get our licence what do we do? just sit back and accept it?
Throughout this whole episode we've been nothing short of woeful for the most part. We have a worldwide event on our doorstep, we're mad not to be considering using it

Rossboy1873
26-07-2012, 20:26
Inside the ground would be best. 20,000 bears doing the bouncy with banners, singing about our plight. Worldwide coverage.

RoskoRangers
26-07-2012, 20:28
Would we get in the ground with banners or colours though?

Buddiebearette
26-07-2012, 20:30
police wouldn't let us

Davie800
26-07-2012, 20:34

Noticed some timmy tops in the crowd today.

wee_g
26-07-2012, 20:36

No, was there today and they check everything you have with you. Kids flags got unravelled to make sure there were no slogans on them etc and you won't get anywhere near the ground without a ticket I'm afraid. :(

Davie800
26-07-2012, 20:41
No, was there today and they check everything you have with you. Kids flags got unravelled to make sure there were no slogans on them etc and you won't get anywhere near the ground without a ticket I'm afraid. :(

Slogans on the back of RANGERS tops, jacket over the top.

Problem solved?

Rangers-1872
26-07-2012, 21:03
I agree. But disrupting the games is unlikely to get the sympathy of the public nor media.

Why the **** Is everyone so concerned about getting sympathy from others. **** the lot of them they hate us and so do the media dont think they will ever show us sympathy.

RTID101
26-07-2012, 21:08
Why the **** Is everyone so concerned about getting sympathy from others. **** the lot of them they hate us and so do the media dont think they will ever show us sympathy.

No need to swear at me buddy. I was just suggesting that it would bring negative headlines and I don't see how that would help.

Blue 9
26-07-2012, 21:12
All I ever hear is it's not the right time,when is the right time then because we are on our last legs

jaymuz7
26-07-2012, 21:14
Fantastic suggestion OP

Rangers-1872
26-07-2012, 21:27
No need to swear at me buddy. I was just suggesting that it would bring negative headlines and I don't see how that would help.

Wasnt at you it was at everyone who thinks we should care what the media and the public think of us. Far too late to be concerned about negative headlines

-bigdaz-
26-07-2012, 21:32
if we dont get a license tomorrow something serious has to happen

richierfc
26-07-2012, 21:38
10,000 outside Hamden anytime would help, but we wouldn't get that many. If we don't get our license tomorrow then something has to happen!

bilkobear
26-07-2012, 21:43
This.

Fffsake.
They are trying to kill our football club, destroy our most valued cultural totem and deny our children something built up over 140 years by our fathers, our fathers fathers and their fathers, yet all you care about is the fckn Olympics.

I cannot see a better moment to draw the attention of the world upon this injustice.
Our press will say nothing and are ignoring our plight.
We live in a country without an impartial press, how else do we get our message out.

ChurchillLoyal
26-07-2012, 21:48
surely we can get 10,000 protesters from the Glasgow area easily enough ?

Disco DeeJay
26-07-2012, 21:55
Why do we need to cause disruptions? :confused:

The crowds are almost non existent and ideally made for a peaceful protest inside the ground.

Get 20,000 bears inside the ground with banners, songs etc, for the USA womens game and it will be beamed across the world, particularly to the US due to the Edu, Boca, Bedoya connection.

I have no idea what they are charging, but doubt it would be much and could well be worth it, just for the embarrassment to Regan, Doncaster & Co.

Deek1974
26-07-2012, 22:04

The crowds are almost non existent and ideally made for a peaceful protest inside the ground.

Get 20,000 bears inside the ground with banners, songs etc, for the USA womens game and it will be beamed across the world, particularly to the US due to the Edu, Boca, Bedoya connection.

I have no idea what they are charging, but doubt it would be much and could well be worth it, just for the embarrassment to Regan, Doncaster & Co.

You might be onto something there, sounds like a very good plan.
The only thing is getting the banners in might be a problem

thommo2006
26-07-2012, 22:07
How would we ruin the olympics one of the worlds most famous and successful clubs are about to die, banners etc to highlight to the outside world what is going on should be the least of things we do, nobody is saying run on the pitch and chin someone.

QueensferryCR3Bear
26-07-2012, 22:57
We could have more people protesting outside than there are inside. That would hit the headlines. Peaceful protest we dont want to disrupt it.

biggee
26-07-2012, 23:05

Its way, way overdue mate. But better late than never.

neil08katie22
26-07-2012, 23:57

The SFA aren't denying Gers a licence - Gers have already agreed a deal with the SFA which includes acceptance of the transfer embargo. The stumbling block is that Gers won't accept the licence unless the SPL agrees to cease the investigation into the dual contracts allegation and the possible stripping of titles if found guilty - and the SPL is refusing to accept that condition. By all means demonstrate (although I believe it has very limited impact and I say that as someone who marched to Hampden) but the demonstration should be targeted at the SPL not the SFA as matters presently stand.

okeydokey505
27-07-2012, 00:03
I have not read all the thread but personally I am fed up turning up to these events and there are not a lot of people there (apart from Hampden).

Until the fan groups get together and advise us then I don't know what to do :(

paulmainstandmiller
27-07-2012, 00:18

cost nothing council giving away free to anyone with kids