PDA

View Full Version : The nos in the SFL, should surely be on the away boycotting list as well ?

blueismycolour
14-07-2012, 12:59
We have to show them the same contempt as teams in the SPL, haven't we not.

Who were they, is there a list out yet.

davie1
14-07-2012, 13:01

why ?

we wanted the 3rd div and we got it

blueismycolour
14-07-2012, 13:04
why ?

we wanted the 3rd div and we got it

Yes I understand that, but they still voted against us, just like they did in the SPL, no difference in my view.

adastra
14-07-2012, 13:04
I believe you are referring to the one club that voted to refuse us permission to enter the SFL. I haven't seen confirmation but believe said club was Clyde. Once confirmed, I will boycott that club's ground forever.

gaz469
14-07-2012, 13:05
Spl voted us out their league, Sfl voted us in their league(s).

Why should we boycott them?

Sorry I misread nos as meaning numbers :(

sigmund_freud
14-07-2012, 13:05
Their vote has helped us and I suspect they knew that.

dh1963
14-07-2012, 13:06
The SFL voted to accept us the way they do with any non-SFL club wanting in.

Our targets have to be the SPL clubs.

Embra Bear
14-07-2012, 13:06
Yes I understand that, but they still voted against us, just like they did in the SPL, no difference in my view.

There's a big difference between the two votes.

blackyboy
14-07-2012, 13:07
Are we not going to try and foster new friendships with these lower league teams and hopefully along the way dispel some of the Timmy myths about us and maybe we'll help them with our custom.

Boycott is not the way to go.

TN8
14-07-2012, 13:08
What clubs are you talking about, the ones who voted No to what?

Arveladzes Shuffle
14-07-2012, 13:10

Gies a break, im looking forward to it.

Thats not to say you cant still boycott tickets will be hard to get, so the more at boycott the better:D.

blueismycolour
14-07-2012, 13:17
Gies a break, im looking forward to it.

Thats not to say you cant still boycott tickets will be hard to get, so the more at boycott the better:D.

Aye OK , was only asking out of curiosity. :angel:

Range-Rover
14-07-2012, 13:18
SFL Chairmen voted to accept Rangers INTO their league, that was after SPL Chairmen decided to gamble at being the big men and kicked Rangers while the club was down, they were expecting the SFL Chairmen to PLACE Rangers into the First Division, they gambled and lost, the SFL Chairmen are our friends, the SPL clubs are our enemies, and we must give these SFL clubs the support they deserve, except for the SFL club that tried to vote us out altogether, that club must NOT make so much as one penny from Rangers supporters

LostSoulForever 2
14-07-2012, 13:19
We shouldn't be boycotting anyone in the SFL. Support it, don't protest against it.

David Watts
14-07-2012, 13:21
the SFL have done nothing wrong here .

the whole mess was forced upon them by the clowns in charge of the SPL and the SFA .

bigwalter
14-07-2012, 13:24
only 1 club voted against us joining the sfl

deekRFC
14-07-2012, 13:27
only 1 club voted against us joining the sfl

The only team in the SFL that should be boycotted

blueismycolour
14-07-2012, 13:29
SFL Chairmen voted to accept Rangers INTO their league, that was after SPL Chairmen decided to gamble at being the big men and kicked Rangers while the club was down, they were expecting the SFL Chairmen to PLACE Rangers into the First Division, they gambled and lost, the SFL Chairmen are our friends, the SPL clubs are our enemies, and we must give these SFL clubs the support they deserve, except for the SFL club that tried to vote us out altogether, that club must NOT make so much as one penny from Rangers supporters

We shouldn't be boycotting anyone in the SFL. Support it, don't protest against it.

Just trying to get a clearer picture of all that's going on, thanks.

martybroon
14-07-2012, 13:29
If it turns out to be Clyde then I don't think they were motivated to deny us a place. I think it was more to do with making a point that the SFA hadn't provided any of the clubs with any information relating to Green and his investors and raised the question of whether they had done any due diligence on them. Fair points in my view and I read it as a dig at Regan.

tazzabear
14-07-2012, 13:30

Not sure I'm with you here.
These clubs got is exactly what WE wanted.

interbear
14-07-2012, 13:34
Boycott of SFL clubs would be entirely inappropriate. The SFL clubs acted correctly according to their rules and refused to be bullied / bribed by the hypocritical SPL clubs and incompetent SFA. I think they deserve credit for that. I also think that David Longmuir showed more leadership of the game in one day yesterday that his counterparts at the SPL and SFA have done in months.

Treble_yell
14-07-2012, 13:36
The SFL clubs are the only ones in this sorry mess that have acted with the much lauded Sporting Integrity.

We absolutely should not have been shoehorned into SFL1 and the vote by the SFL clubs was the right one. Proposing a boycott if these clubs is Tim like behaviour tbqfh.

tazzabear
14-07-2012, 13:39
If it turns out to be Clyde then I don't think they were motivated to deny us a place. I think it was more to do with making a point that the SFA hadn't provided any of the clubs with any information relating to Green and his investors and raised the question of whether they had done any due diligence on them. Fair points in my view and I read it as a dig at Regan.

This would have been my interpretation as well.
The SFA ignored warnings from senior newspapermen, like Traynor, about Craig Whyte, abdicating their responsibility to protect Scottish football, even if this meant upsetting Rangers and their supporters by doing so.
This was actually part of their defence!
They have now passed the responsibility for the fit and proper persons check to the clubs, abdicating THEIR responsibilities yet again.

BloodandFire
14-07-2012, 13:40
The SFL, with our financial clout, could yet become the dominant league with better sponsorship and TV rights. Anything's possible in this f*cked up country.

mac1983
14-07-2012, 13:42
The only team that should be boycotted (for life) is the team that voted us out of the league.