PDA

View Full Version : Time for Auchenhowie to produce

47blue
14-07-2012, 09:41
I don't for one second have a clue about Rangers finances and how Div 3 will affect our budgets.

The need for short term fixes has gone and we have at least 3 years to get a decent conveyor belt of young talent going

Surely to goodness we can produce a team of youngsters,bolstered by a few experienced players which can win Div 3.

We have much to do in terms of rebuilding our club

I would suggest the development and promotion of our youngsters should be at the top of a long list

halfaperson
14-07-2012, 09:42
agreed it's the only way forward for us

Earl of Leven
14-07-2012, 10:13
We'll need a sea change then....in personnel, coaching ideas etc.

It won't work as it is now and almost all regular youth team watchers are agreed on that. A few players here and there but generally nothing.

nippy
14-07-2012, 10:22
Over the last few seasons Fleck, Wylde, Hutton, McCabe, McGregor, Little, Wilson, Hemmings, Perry, Cole, Ness, Mitchell and McKay..........there will be others come through, lots of good players right through the Academy.

Earl of Leven
14-07-2012, 10:23
How many of those named are genuinely top class?

Perhaps Wilson and even his career has stalled.

scottyboy1984
14-07-2012, 10:25
My suggestion would be that we pay SPL prices for the ST over the next few years, 20-40% of that is diverted into the youth and scouting system, good coaches, scouts across the world etc - this should set us up nicely on our return I would think.

nippy
14-07-2012, 10:31
Lots of young players still in there - you don't become top class overnight.........you should go along and watch the younger teams - they will make you smile.

tazzabear
14-07-2012, 10:31
How many of those named are genuinely top class?

Perhaps Wilson and even his career has stalled.

Define "top class".
If they can get to a level where they are part of our first team squad and be able to step into the team, we should be happy.
Of course, the more we get as first picks the better but it's a squad game first and foremost.

mufasa
14-07-2012, 10:34
If prices are reduced a few pounds of the monies saved should be spent on Rangers Lotto, help keep it going and produce the players for the SPL upon our return.

http://www.rangerslotto.co.uk/

daven37
14-07-2012, 10:34
Now is the time for Auchenhowie to produce. What a chance for us. The facility is all there and there is next to no pressure on us. Time to produce.

johnoblue
14-07-2012, 10:38
Our coaches at all levels will now have to start earning their corn, there is nowhere for them to hide they will have no excuses, in auchenhowie we have a fabulous facility.i am sure some coaching staff will lose their jobs, its the ones that stay plus the development officer/manager who will have to cut the mustard, there can be no excuses, if they are not up to it they should be replaced by persons who are.
Personally i would like to see the club bring in someone to audit our whole system regarding scouting and coaching,if its not up to standard we need to make the changes now, lets face it there has never ever been a better time for talented kids to make the grade at our club.

The Railway Bear
14-07-2012, 10:40
One 16 year old already training with what is left of our first team squad, young Tom Walsh. Knowing his extended family, I wish him well, It's a fantastic opportunity for him this season.

Earl of Leven
14-07-2012, 10:41
I just don't rate Sinclair or his graduates that highly....some are decent and would get us through lower leagues, but I still little that replicates the best of the modern ideas that abound in Germany, Spain and even Switzerland.

Most are honest guys but not great in terms of pace, strength, technique etc.

Wilson was clearly best...stood out a mile....but made a huge mistake in his career.

macdonsj
14-07-2012, 10:44
Over the last few seasons Fleck, Wylde, Hutton, McCabe, McGregor, Little, Wilson, Hemmings, Perry, Cole, Ness, Mitchell and McKay..........there will be others come through, lots of good players right through the Academy.

even just with McGregor, McCabe, Ness, Perry and Wilson being regarded as successes (and A Hutton raking in a fortune for an average player)

it has been working

if you gauge against the yahoos - McPotato Face is the equivalent to Hutton, Naeneck is your Wilson and their next bright young thing is McGeouch - trained at Auchenhowie

47blue
14-07-2012, 11:05
We'll need a sea change then....in personnel, coaching ideas etc.

It won't work as it is now and almost all regular youth team watchers are agreed on that. A few players here and there but generally nothing.

You may well be right,now is the time to overhaul it

deekRFC
14-07-2012, 11:07
I'd argue it is producing

Dougie Gray
14-07-2012, 11:09
If people think the best young players are going to hang around to play Div3 they are sadly mistaken.

paul8gascoigne
14-07-2012, 11:12
Our Academy has produced lots of promising, young players. Hopefully now they will be given their chances. I have every faith they will help us achieve consecutive promotions.

the prodfather2
14-07-2012, 11:18
are our youth players still with us?

thebluenosebear
14-07-2012, 11:23
If people think the best young players are going to hang around to play Div3 they are sadly mistaken.

Im not so sure, I believe many will take this opportunity to gain first team football and exposure, it's up to us to persuade them if they believe they should be going elsewhere and for the fans to really unite and get behind the team.

Today has to be the first day of the rest of our lifes, the examples are out there we just need to follow and adapt them.

Borrusia Dortmund and the yankees should be the blueprint for football and merchandising respectively.

paul8gascoigne
14-07-2012, 11:25

I think the youth players will look at this as a time to really cement their places in the first team. They will not get a better chance than this and I think they will have been hoping it was Division 3 and not Division 1 or SPL with sanctions for this reason.

And I don't think Rangers will "hang around" Division 3 for too long.

derek145
14-07-2012, 12:01
It has been producing but we'll not replace the likes of Ness and McCabe overnight, these players were developed over 4 or 5 years of coaching. It'll be when we return to the SPL that we'll see the benefits of any changes to the coaching.