PDA

View Full Version : Whats to stop walter forming his own Newco

chubbybrown
15-06-2012, 11:02
And the players and ally coming over to join him and his backers. We could lease a stadium to play home games even if its in the 3rd Div.

Green would be left with a stadium a training ground but no team and no fan base.

highlanderger
15-06-2012, 11:04
Where are you going to lease a 50000 seated stadium from while our home lies empty get real.

Ecossebear
15-06-2012, 11:05
No stadium. No training ground. No players. No manager. No SPL share. No history. No trophies.

The only way this can work out is we get behind Green, or (preferably) Smith's consortium put up the cash and buy Newco. The last thing we need is multiple Newco's making even more of a laughing stock than we already are!

chubbybrown
15-06-2012, 11:10
Where are you going to lease a 50000 seated stadium from while our home lies empty get real.

its about starting over you really think there will be 50000 at home games in the 3rd division. get real yersel after the fist few it will fall. do you honestly think top class players will want to play in div 3 and rangers will be wanting to pay SPL wages! anyway if your heart is set on a 50000 stadium there's hampden.

Paisleybear1872
15-06-2012, 11:12
Worst idea ever.

The Roller
15-06-2012, 11:13
Incredible.

What a waste of a few seconds reading that, and a few seconds more replying

chubbybrown
15-06-2012, 11:14
No stadium. No training ground. No players. No manager. No SPL share. No history. No trophies.

The only way this can work out is we get behind Green, or (preferably) Smith's consortium put up the cash and buy Newco. The last thing we need is multiple Newco's making even more of a laughing stock than we already are!

getting behind green is a non starter there not much difference in him and white. the only thing is i can see is he's prepared to say he wants to make money out of US! we hold the cards now not him even though he has the training ground and the stadium.

no season tickets sold. what do you think he'll do ask you nicely AGAIN.

i'd rather back Walter or the BK's who will put the club first and not their own pocket.

hyramotyre
Funnier than his namesake.

:D

bluestevo
Goodness me

SouthsideBear1872
15-06-2012, 11:15
The assets that he requires belong to greens newco...

chubbybrown
15-06-2012, 11:19
The assets that he requires belong to greens newco...

the stadium and training ground yes but the players and manager can walk and gers can do what the did before jordanhill and renfrew to train.

let me ask you and the others.

who would you rather go and support?

1. a rangers team backed by walter smith or the BK's playing at hampden

or

2. a rangers team owned by charles green out to take money off you for his own pocket?

Scrubs UK
15-06-2012, 11:21
even more of a laughing stock than we already are!

Laughing stock? You do realise that even through Administration, and the PLC in Liquidtion, the club is still the most successful in the world?

Southside_Shug
15-06-2012, 11:21
No registration rights to do so

TwoBadMice
15-06-2012, 11:22
What a load of tommy rot

SouthsideBear1872
15-06-2012, 11:23
the stadium and training ground yes but the players and manager can walk and gers can do what the did before jordanhill and renfrew to train.

let me ask you and the others.

who would you rather go and support?

1. a rangers team backed by walter smith or the BK's playing at hampden

or

2. a rangers team owned by charles green out to take money off you for his own pocket?

Did green not say "If the players walk away from the newco they are in breach of contract." Plus do you think professional footballers would want to train down toryglen pitches at 50 an hour? Cause thats what they will have to do with no training ground. Then we have the obstacle of a 50000 seat stadium. What is your thinking on that? Im not having a go, i genuinely would love to hear this plan. I say the stadium because, Rangers fans will not go to hampden. Why should we pay the SFA for the right to use their stadium when they tried to bury us. Not to mention, the stadium is used by Queens Park, not very fair to just move in and say, "Hey we're taking your stadium, do one!"

chubbybrown
15-06-2012, 11:24
No registration rights to do so

does green have automatic right to registration?

even if he does do you not think the teams in the sfl would want the money generated from a walter newco and vote them in?

chubbybrown
15-06-2012, 11:38
Did green not say "If the players walk away from the newco they are in breach of contract." Plus do you think professional footballers would want to train down toryglen pitches at 50 an hour? Cause thats what they will have to do with no training ground. Then we have the obstacle of a 50000 seat stadium. What is your thinking on that? Im not having a go, i genuinely would love to hear this plan. I say the stadium because, Rangers fans will not go to hampden. Why should we pay the SFA for the right to use their stadium when they tried to bury us. Not to mention, the stadium is used by Queens Park, not very fair to just move in and say, "Hey we're taking your stadium, do one!"

no they can walk under TUPE law. nothing to stop them. i agre the choice of venue to play needs to be worked on but it might be more cost effective no business rates (council tax), no repair costs.
training wise the bens (benburb) park has facilities and "could" do.

i'm trying to debate it and the ones who just want to shoot it down are entitled to their view but if they cant debate butt out (im not refering to you or the others who are debating it)