PDA

View Full Version : Lafferty, Whittaker and Naismith wages?

Laudrup1
08-03-2012, 17:23
Are these guys covered by insurance payments just now? (if they are it'll make a massive difference to my thinking)

Removing any heart felt attachement to them in terms of them being Rangers players (and the likes of what P. Murray is saying with a view to still have a squad rather than buying the club and having to replace them) is there any reason to retain these guys if they can't contribute betwee now and the end of the season?

If the club truly is donald ducked without that 1m shortfall being made up is it beyond time to have any sort of heart ruling the head attitude?

I can't see any of them making a contribution on the playing side of it before the end of the season.

As much as we all love Naisy and the other two are "our players no matter what folk think of them" is there a bigger issue at hand when the club might be no more?

Sir Duncan Ferguson
08-03-2012, 17:24
Surely if they're made redundant then their insurance payments stop ?

KilwinningBlue
08-03-2012, 17:24

adamski
08-03-2012, 17:25
That's assuming the insurance payments have been made

KilwinningBlue
08-03-2012, 17:25

hagi bear
08-03-2012, 17:26
Yes. It's well documented that their 175,000 a month combined wages are the difference between the club folding and surviving

Laudrup1
08-03-2012, 17:26
Surely if they're made redundant then their insurance payments stop ?

Right, here's me being harsh again...

And what? Not our problem...we've got a club to save. If they can't play at the moment and are of no purpose to us in our situation, bye bye.

I am really playing Devils Advocate here right enough. I'm just wondering what the attitude to doing it would be and whether there's a benefit.

hagi bear
08-03-2012, 17:27
Right, here's me being harsh again...

And what? Not our problem...we've got a club to save. If they can't play at the moment and are of no purpose to us in our situation, bye bye.

I am really playing Devils Advocate here right enough. I'm just wondering what the attitude to doing it would be and whether there's a benefit.

Their wages are a drop in the ocean

Make 3 of our best players redundant and still end up needing to save another 800,000 every month?

Laudrup1
08-03-2012, 17:28
Yes. It's well documented that their 175,000 a month combined wages are the difference between the club folding and surviving

Dunno how accurate the figure you mention is but even if that's all it is they're going to contribute nothing on the playing side of things. If they can't that 175k would be put to better use not going to them.

If the 1m was to be made up by slashing everyone elses wages at the same time, that'd be what happens.

I'm merely asking a question.

Their wages are a drop in the ocean

Make 3 of our best players redundant and still end up needing to save another 800,000 every month?

How do we save it all otherwise. I could understand keeping David and McGregor given that they can play for us. The injured three serve literally no purpose to us at the moment.

A seriuosly crocked Messi is worth less than a fit Kirk Broadfoot.

whitbyontbear
08-03-2012, 17:30
Do the players pay their own premiums or does the club pay them? If the players pay the premiums themselves then it has nothing to do with Rangers. If.however, Rangers have been paying the premiums and they stop playing for us then I would imagine that their insurance pay outs would stop.

Another thing is if Rangers are "topping up" the payments to their basic salary?If there was anything wrong, the mhedia would be screaming for yet more blood from us.

KilwinningBlue
08-03-2012, 17:32
Dunno how accurate the figure you mention is but even if that's all it is they're going to contribute nothing on the playing side of things. If they can't that 175k would be put to better use not going to them.

If the 1m was to be made up by slashing everyone elses wages at the same time, that'd be what happens.

I'm merely asking a question.

How do we save it all otherwise. I could understand keeping David and McGregor given that they can play for us. The injured three serve literally no purpose to us at the moment.

A seriuosly crocked Messi is worth less than a fit Kirk Broadfoot.

No he's not :D

hagi bear
08-03-2012, 17:33
Before even contemplating making our best players redundant, we should work out how we're managing to find all the other money

If we were managing to save 800,000 and needed Naismith, Whittaker and Lafferty's wages to meet the 1 million target then fine

If it was a token gesture that got us nowhere near 1 million? Insane

ThatsWhyWeirChamps
08-03-2012, 18:01
Their wages are mostly covered by insurance. Rangers have to pay premiums, but the bulk of the wage is covered by insurance.