gabriel_amato
08-03-2012, 14:14
Unemployed man gets job interview.

loyalistpicken
08-03-2012, 14:14
good luck to the boy could be a decent player down there in a better league

JellaFella
08-03-2012, 14:15
Good luck to him. Some people will see it as a chance to take cheap shots, the same people that thought he was shit, never good enough and dint want him at the club in the first place etc ironically enough.

ssblue
That interview has been played all morning. At no stage does Coyle say that he is interested in him.

Your posts just get worse.

chilebear
Good,hope he does well.

The Gooner
08-03-2012, 14:16
I'm surprised that a Premiership club, albeit one soon to become a Championship club, are even considering him. Good luck to the lad though as I have no axe to grind with him.

Dan Winters Cottage
08-03-2012, 14:16
good luck to him.

vamcm
08-03-2012, 14:17
Not surprised at all. This was in the offing and imo the real reason he went.

Worthy_Candidate
08-03-2012, 14:18
Hope everyone who loses their job in the coming weeks manages to find something very quickly.

The job market for young, promising, under 21 capped footballers is much better than it is for general staff.

I hope, by his actions, Wylde has helped to save a few jobs.

billywizz
08-03-2012, 14:19
Makes sense, Coyle was keen on him before

loyalistpicken
08-03-2012, 14:19

TBH can you blame the lad , he was always going to get an offer from a team down south, at least he said he would never go to the vermin and that show his former club and colleagues respect

Worthy_Candidate
08-03-2012, 14:20

You don't know that, maybe it was but maybe it wasn't.

It is in any case not the point.

Even though there was always likely to be interest in the kid he still walked away from a 5 year deal.

Gypsy
unsurprising really but good luck to him

theknight
Weren't Bolton looking at Wylde just before he signed his contract extension?

:confused:

Captain Gough
In all honesty if it was between Bolton and Blackpool, id go for blackpool! I would imagine that Bolton would out bit blackpools wages however!

vamcm
08-03-2012, 14:21
TBH can you blame the lad , he was always going to get an offer from a team down south

Not at all but why bother dressing it up as saving peoples jobs. He saw a way out and took it fair play the the lad but at least be honest about it.

JellaFella
08-03-2012, 14:24
Not at all but why bother dressing it up as saving peoples jobs. He saw a way out and took it fair play the the lad but at least be honest about it.

Him leaving could save people jobs, every player in our squad could walk out just now and go to another club, if one or two had the clubs interested at heart they should be doing the same.

macaloon9
08-03-2012, 14:25
Good luck to him.

loyalleicester
Fair play to the lad he's tried to help older members of the team and back room staff .we have him at Leicester any day crying out for decent wide man

RichieRFC87
good luck tho the lad

vamcm
08-03-2012, 14:26
I just had a feeling when I seen him go that his Agent had been in touch with Bolton to tout interest. Soon as there was he said listen son jack it in and I'll get you a move to the premiership. Not saying he's wrong to do it just this was how I saw it getting played out. however I thought it'd have been next week before we heard about it.

Hammerinho
08-03-2012, 14:27
He's worked his ticket well.

Finbar OFfended
08-03-2012, 14:28
I hope he gets a move as a thank you for what he did for The Rangers

good luck to him

Earl of Leven
Good luck....not sure he is EPL class but I hope he does well.

Finbar OFfended

he gave up his place in the team to save countless other jobs behind the scenes at Rangers

ShawlandsBIB
08-03-2012, 14:29
Good luck to him.

greigsdestiny
08-03-2012, 14:29
how much were bolton willing to pay rangers for the lad earlier in the season?

No Money No Problems
08-03-2012, 14:32
Are we due any development money for his time with us?

Savo83
08-03-2012, 14:32

Exactly. Too many people on here think he done it out the goodness of his heart. He has probably already agreed a deal with a club but could be putting it off for this very reason.

BlackIsleBlue
08-03-2012, 14:34
Can he play for them? I haven't heard about any special dispensation from FIFA?

Shotters Nation
looking more and more likely now that he has simply worked his ticket and dressed it up as saving other peoples jobs

He must have known other teams were in for him and thought "I could get released, join a club for free and get a bumper signing on fee for it" ...

blair_omnibus
And this helps Rangers how?

I'll continue to support those players standing shoulder-to-shoulder with all other Rangers staff, not those who broke ranks.

That said, I fully understand why Celik left. But not Wylde.

Stuart_WATP
08-03-2012, 14:36
He was in for Wylde pre-season, no shock here.

JellaFella
Exactly. Too many people on here think he done it out the goodness of his heart. He has probably already agreed a deal with a club but could be putting it off for this very reason.

He will have saved the club a much needed £90,000 between now and the end of the season.

When we as a support cant even sell out our home games I don’t really think we in a position to take pop shots at players.

53easy
I hope he gets a move as a thank you for what he did for The Rangers

good luck to him

He saved Rangers what 20k?

We could have sold him in the summer for 500k!

BlackIsleBlue
08-03-2012, 14:38

Which may have disappeared down the Craig Whyte rabbit hole, never to be seen again.

Finbar OFfended
08-03-2012, 14:38

He gave up his job to save others

what have you done?

53easy
08-03-2012, 14:39

what have you done?

Spent a fortune following Rangers for 20 years.

Savo83
08-03-2012, 14:40
He will have saved the club a much needed £90,000 between now and the end of the season.

When we as a support cant even sell out our home games I donít really think we in a position to take pop shots at players.

Point taken mate. I'm just scunnered and don't know who the good guy or bad guy is these days :(

blair_omnibus
08-03-2012, 14:40

what have you done?

No he didn't.

He walked away because he couldn't handle it.

JellaFella
08-03-2012, 14:42
Point taken mate. I'm just scunnered and don't know who the good guy or bad guy is these days :(

Depending on how you view it Wylde could be seen as both, pretty harsh to view him as the bad guy though IMO.

He more than likely has worked his ticket as such, but he has also made a sacrifice and his decision to move has helped things.

There are one or two around our squad just now that are just cash hovers.

div_ger08
08-03-2012, 14:43
Not sure if he is up to the PL would struggle to get in the side.

Finbar OFfended
08-03-2012, 14:44
Thanks for this thread

This is why we'll struggle to survive, because there are some in our support who will never see the big picture. They couldn't see it when Minty was in charge, still couldn't see it when the bank took over and the former board were playing the power struggle, they couldn't see it when Whyte came in.

and players leave and they still can't see the big picture

Elvis Cole
08-03-2012, 14:52
You don't know that, maybe it was but maybe it wasn't.

It is in any case not the point.

Even though there was always likely to be interest in the kid he still walked away from a 5 year deal.

You for real mate?

Do you honestly think he walked away without having something lined up?

Do you believe the sleepless nights stuff?

What about santa and the tooth fairy?

Dont blame the boy.

JellaFella
08-03-2012, 14:55
You for real mate?

Do you honestly think he walked away without having something lined up?

Do you believe the sleepless nights stuff?

What about santa and the tooth fairy?

Dont blame the boy.

Do you still live in the world where we donít need the money that he wont be getting?

Bespecial
08-03-2012, 14:55
Quelle Surprise !! He didnt really want to stay in the summer, dressed up his exit well but it was obvious he had been tapped up. Notslating him for it but just dont give it the big "I'm doing this for others blarney"

Hammerinho
08-03-2012, 14:56
he gave up his place in the team to save countless other jobs behind the scenes at Rangers

Yeah so he and his agent said.

blair_omnibus
08-03-2012, 15:13
Thanks for this thread

This is why we'll struggle to survive, because there are some in our support who will never see the big picture. They couldn't see it when Minty was in charge, still couldn't see it when the bank took over and the former board were playing the power struggle, they couldn't see it when Whyte came in.

and players leave and they still can't see the big picture

In this case, the bigger picture is our players, manager & staff standing shoulder-to-shoulder.

JellaFella
08-03-2012, 15:15
In this case, the bigger picture is our players, manager & staff standing shoulder-to-shoulder.

There decision to do that could ultimately prove costly though.Öif you were looking at the biggest picture.

blair_omnibus
08-03-2012, 15:20
There decision to do that could ultimately prove costly though.Öif you were looking at the biggest picture.

So Gregg Wylde is the man that has got it right is he?

Not any one of the players left? Our manager? The staff?

Come on to f*ck.

I'm glad the players are fighting against the admin who want to f*ck us over.

If we needed to sack the players to survive & that what the admin wanted, it would have been done.

Pollok-Loyal
08-03-2012, 15:20

what have you done?

I thought it was because he couldn't get to sleep at night. :confused:

Maybe he should just have gubbed a couple of nytol and started to grow a set.

StevenM
08-03-2012, 15:23
Good move for the lad. Quite surprised he's going to the prem straight away. Good luck to him.

JellaFella
08-03-2012, 15:24
So Gregg Wylde is the man that has got it right is he?

Not any one of the players left? Our manager? The staff?

Come on to f*ck.

I'm glad the players are fighting against the admin who want to f*ck us over.

If we needed to sack the players to survive & that what the admin wanted, it would have been done.

I havenít said Wylde got it right. He made a decision, for his own benefit and ours.

Wylde will have saved the club more than a lot of fans have spent through the channels that they can use just now, buying shirts, tickets, rtv etc.

Players will look after themselves, but one or two could have helped had they made the same decision as Whyte.

The longer the players ďstick togetherĒ the longer they drain our limited resources.

I appreciate the efforts of the players playing for us, and what they have done.

But, I am a Rangers fan and the livelihood of the club is more important to me than that of the players.

davidab157
08-03-2012, 15:25
Is it really that difficult for people to work out?

He has an opportunity to 1) potentially save people their jobs and 2) move his career on in England with a good wage.

He didn't leave purely to save jobs, and he didn't leave purely to get a move to a new club. It's a combination.

allypotgvfb4
08-03-2012, 15:27
All the best to Wylde.

blair_omnibus
08-03-2012, 15:27
I haven’t said Wylde got it right. He made a decision, for his own benefit and ours.

Wylde will have saved the club more than a lot of fans have spent through the channels that they can use just now, buying shirts, tickets, rtv etc.

Players will look after themselves, but one or two could have helped had they made the same decision as Whyte.

The longer the players “stick together” the longer they drain our limited resources.

I appreciate the efforts of the players playing for us, and what they have done.

But, I am a Rangers fan and the livelihood of the club is more important to me than that of the players.

That doesn't make sense to me in the context of what is actually happening.

I'm happy with the way the players are conducting themselves. Same goes for McCoist.

If walking away was best for the club, the likes of McCulloch & Davis would have done so.

I'm not goin to praise Wylde for doing something for himself. I only care about Rangers.

And like I also said previously, if the administrators really wanted to save our club & the only way to do that would be to get rid of all of our players, that would have been done.

div_ger08
08-03-2012, 15:28
No suprises there tbh!

JellaFella
08-03-2012, 15:29
That doesn't make sense to me in the context of what is actually happening.

I'm happy with the way the players are conducting themselves. Same goes for McCoist.

If walking away was best for the club, the likes of McCulloch & Davis would have done so.

I'm not goin to praise Wylde for doing something for himself. I only care about Rangers.

We are losing a lot of money, the players make a lot of money, the club needs a lot of money.

Wylde has saved us about 80,000 between now and the end of the season, if a few more had left we would have been saving more.

The longer we keep paying players excessive wages week in week out, the future of Rangers is at risk.

blair_omnibus
08-03-2012, 15:31
We are losing a lot of money, the players make a lot of money, the club needs a lot of money.

Wylde has saved us about 80,000 between now and the end of the season, if a few more had left we would have been saving more.

The longer we keep paying players excessive wages week in week out, the future of Rangers is at risk.

The administrators can cut loose any resource draining.

They haven't.

JellaFella
08-03-2012, 15:33
The administrators can cut loose any resource draining.

They haven't.

That is correct.

Wylde has made a start, as I say thatís money we havenít been saving, if one or two more had made the same decision we would have been saving more money.

There are a few in our squad that are just hanging on for the ride, it isnít helping us. I donít blame them for doing so, players need to look after themselves, but ultimately it is harming us more than it is doing us any good.

blair_omnibus
08-03-2012, 15:37
That is correct.

Wylde has made a start, as I say that’s money we haven’t been saving, if one or two more had made the same decision we would have been saving more money.

There are a few in our squad that are just hanging on for the ride, it isn’t helping us. I don’t blame them for doing so, players need to look after themselves, but ultimately it is harming us more than it is doing us any good.

I see it completely differently.

It's not up to the players to walk away. It's the administrators job to save us but this has NEVER been in their remit. Our players are doing what they can to help the staff of the club & stay alive.

You're blaming the players. I'm blaming the administrators.

Wylde sorted Wylde. No-one else. I'd love to see you name the players in it for the ride.

JellaFella
08-03-2012, 15:41
I see it completely differently.

It's not up to the players to walk away. It's the administrators job to save us but this has NEVER been in their remit. Our players are doing what they can to help the staff of the club & stay alive.

You're blaming the players. I'm blaming the administrators.

Wylde sorted Wylde. No-one else. I'd love to see you name the players in it for the ride.

People see things differently yes, that’s forums.

I am not blaming the players, I said the players will look after themselves, I don’t blame them for that.

I am not going to name the players I think are in it for the ride, because it would be unfair on them,and its just my opinion, doesn’t mean I am either right or wrong, but, if they had made the same decision Wylde had it would have been to our advantage.

As things stand, we are spending money we don’t have on players we don’t need.

Wylde look after Wylde helped the club.

blair_omnibus
08-03-2012, 15:45
People see things differently yes, thatís forums.

I am not blaming the players, I said the players will look after themselves, I donít blame them for that.

I am not going to name the players I think are in it for the ride, because it would be unfair on them,and its just my opinion, doesnít mean I am either right or wrong, but, if they had made the same decision Wylde had it would have been to our advantage.

As things stand, we are spending money we donít have on players we donít need.

Wylde look after Wylde helped the club.

Fair enough. But I do completely disagree.

I'm glad we have some fighting against from within & I'm proud to have most of these players doing what they are with McCoist.

JellaFella
08-03-2012, 15:48
Fair enough. But I do completely disagree.

I'm glad we have some fighting against from within & I'm proud to have most of these players doing what they are with McCoist.

As am I, for the majority , but as I say there are a few in a similar position to Wylde that could have made the same decision, they wont, because they wont have the same options he does, and need to look after there own interests.

But in trying to fight for the club, they are doing more damage than good for us IMO.

blair_omnibus
08-03-2012, 15:49
As am I, for the majority , but as I say there are a few in a similar position to Wylde that could have made the same decision, they wont, because they wont have the same options he does, and need to look after there own interests.

But in trying to fight for the club, they are doing more damage than good for us IMO.

Name names. Or prove that you know this.

leftie
08-03-2012, 15:51

Countless? I don't think so. He did what was best for him, but was also of potential benefit to others. Hardly a hero, but equally, he isn't deserving of any real criticism.

JellaFella
08-03-2012, 15:52
Name names. Or prove that you know this.

I have already said Im not going to name names,. Its noting more than a personal opinion, hence why im not naming names.

I would say its pretty obvious to anyone that watches us on a regular basis that a good few of our players could leave now, and save us money and it would be to our advantage, it wouldnít be to thereís thought.

derta
08-03-2012, 15:53

Without any doubt mate, as far as I have heard he was despararte to jump ship. The walking away without any payment thing was to take the bad look away from him, nothing more. His loyalty to the cause was zero and he is better out of the way.

blair_omnibus
08-03-2012, 15:58
I have already said Im not going to name names,. Its noting more than a personal opinion, hence why im not naming names.

I would say its pretty obvious to anyone that watches us on a regular basis that a good few of our players could leave now, and save us money and it would be to our advantage, it wouldnít be to thereís thought.

So you want players punted because of what their use is on the pitch?

And you mentioned the "biggest picture" a few posts a go?

I'm out.

I have zero reason to think McCoist is lying when he puts to bed media & admin lies that the players are holding us back.

JellaFella
08-03-2012, 16:02
So you want players punted because of what their use is on the pitch?

And you mentioned the "biggest picture" a few posts a go?

I'm out.

I have zero reason to think McCoist is lying when he puts to bed media & admin lies that the players are holding us back.

Yes, I did mention bigger picture, and it would still apply.

When it comes to talking about players, the pitch will come into the conversation. Moving forward, if we are to, we are going to need to keep sellable assets, and players that can perform on the park, that is all part of the bigger picture.

On the park performances ultimately dictate what players are of no use to us, and as I have said, are just draining our resources.

McCoist isnít lying, the players and him are united, but that doesnít ultimately mean it is the right decision for the club.

Pete Doan
08-03-2012, 16:17
Don't think Wylde was ever committed to the cause anyway.

Crouchy
08-03-2012, 16:21
Why doesn't think surprise me...

As above, he knew what was happening.

More money, bit more game time, better development - I don't blame him in the slightest. Just don't dress up the story any more than he needed to.

Wylde wanted out, and did so. Fair play.

Maybe Coyle can turn him into a player.

meu03108
08-03-2012, 16:36
TBH I thought he would head to Bolton as they were in for him earlier in the season.

Elvis Cole
08-03-2012, 16:37
Do you still live in the world where we donít need the money that he wont be getting?

Its the real world i live in mate.

Thats a world where no one chucks well paid jobs unless they have a well paid job to go to.

If anyone and i mean anyone employed by our club told me it was raining i would open the blinds and check. Then i would walk 30 yards and check the (unt was not up on the roof wi a hose.

Believe no one. Double check everything.

Failure to do that is what caused this mess.

Dont blame Wylde but spare me he done it for the good of Rangers.

JellaFella
08-03-2012, 16:39
Its the real world i live in mate.

Thats a world where no one chucks well paid jobs unless they have a well paid job to go to.

If anyone and i mean anyone employed by our club told me it was raining i would open the blinds and check. Then i would walk 30 yards and check the (unt was not up on the roof wi a hose.

Believe no one. Double check everything.

Failure to do that is what caused this mess.

Dont blame Wylde but spare me he done it for the good of Rangers.

But it has been for our good.

As I say, a lot of people have a bare faced cheek to be critical of Wylde, he has saved us money. I would doubt about of people being critical of him have even been buying match tickets or bought a top.

Elvis Cole
08-03-2012, 16:51

As I say, a lot of people have a bare faced cheek to be critical of Wylde, he has saved us money. I would doubt about of people being critical of him have even been buying match tickets or bought a top.

You up tae speed wi this mate.

If i thought for a second buying tops got the club money i would buy 10 even though my sons room is full of them. As far as im aware we dont get a penny extra.

Likewise in the nineties i used to spend fortunes on shite from the kiosks even though it was overpriced. Most saturdays i was starvin. Walked past perfectly good burger vans. Just finished work. Always wanted my dosh going to the club. No point to that now.
T

JellaFella
08-03-2012, 16:53
You up tae speed wi this mate.

If i thought for a second buying tops got the club money i would buy 10 even though my sons room is full of them. As far as im aware we dont get a penny extra.

Likewise in the nineties i used to spend fortunes on shite from the kiosks even though it was overpriced. Most saturdays i was starvin. Walked past perfectly good burger vans. Just finished work. Always wanted my dosh going to the club. No point to that now.
T

If you buy directly from the club site, or shop then the money is going to the clubÖ.

hagi bear
08-03-2012, 16:54
Clever ploy from Wylde and his agent

Get a move to England and bigger wages by offering to walk away with no redundancy

Means no prospect of Rangers pricing him out of a move

blair_omnibus
08-03-2012, 17:10

So you must know where Wylde's money is going if it's for our good then?

JellaFella
08-03-2012, 17:13
So you must know where Wylde's money is going if it's for our good then?

I can only assume that the money will be going back into the club, in the same way that people can only assume that it isn’t.

At least a good few thousand must still have the belief that the money is going somewhere for our good, because I haven’t been sitting alone at Ibrox the last few weeks.

Crouchy
08-03-2012, 17:37
Clever ploy from Wylde and his agent

Get a move to England and bigger wages by offering to walk away with no redundancy

Means no prospect of Rangers pricing him out of a move

This had to be the plan all along.

Why anyone bought the other story is beyond me.

Both parties have benefitted, so there should be no emotion.

If it was really down to a cleaner saving her job if Wylde went, then he'd have simply refused wages, and played for nout till the end of the season. That would have been a simple contract to draw up, no?

Jimmy Mac
08-03-2012, 17:39
Best of luck to young Wylde.

Theo
08-03-2012, 17:44
A little bit predictable, but I'd rather we saved his wages than worry if the lad was tapped up. He wasn't getting a game for us so it's a very welcome £6k saved per week.

Good luck to him and hope he does well.

Crouchy
08-03-2012, 17:53
A little bit predictable, but I'd rather we saved his wages than worry if the lad was tapped up. He wasn't getting a game for us so it's a very welcome £6k saved per week.

Good luck to him and hope he does well.

Please tell me this isn't true???? :eek::eek:

CooperCoisty
08-03-2012, 17:58
This had to be the plan all along.

Why anyone bought the other story is beyond me.

Both parties have benefitted, so there should be no emotion.

If it was really down to a cleaner saving her job if Wylde went, then he'd have simply refused wages, and played for nout till the end of the season. That would have been a simple contract to draw up, no?

Nail on head mate.

rosscopc
08-03-2012, 20:06
i work with his friends mum and she was told last night he has a trail at southampton

hagi bear
08-03-2012, 20:10
Please tell me this isn't true???? :eek::eek:

One of the newspaper articles with Wylde claimed he was on £7500 a week

Given he was giving them an interview at the time, it must be true

Crouchy
08-03-2012, 21:33
One of the newspaper articles with Wylde claimed he was on £7500 a week

Given he was giving them an interview at the time, it must be true

Truely shocking if true.

No wonder we're up shit creek. They pay someone like Kayal about 8k, and we pay Wylde 7.5k :eek:

£700 previous deal, I could understand maybe doubling that, but not much more.

Good deal getting shot then.

AMc81
08-03-2012, 21:40
He has the same agent as a friend who is a Scotland U19 player and he told us that the morning after the news came out that meetings have been arranged with Bolton before deciding to leave.