PDA

View Full Version : Ally's millions and millionaire friend footballers

davemac60
08-03-2012, 08:59
Firstly I am a supporter of Ally McCoist, OBE. As a player he was a legend and it was my dream (no doubt with thousands of others) that he would go on to be a success as Glasgow Rangers FCs manager, and at the moment we couldnt have wished for anyone else than him to help and guide us through this traumatic time

Ally I would hint at a guess probably has made a few quid out of football, and more notably outside of football after his career finished something that was hinted at by SWS. I just seen, in part an interview which looks like it came from Rangers tv, and was shown on Sky, where he said that he would be taking part in meetings with interested parties with a view to buying the club

I got the feeling that with his dealings with the admistrators and the whole shooting match that he will be of the ilk that if there is a genuine interested party, and they show there hand would ALLY THEN LOOK AT INVESTING HIMSELF, AND IF HE DOES (AND IS ALLOWED TO, I DONT KNOW) WILL HE HAVE ALREADY MADE PHONE CALLS TO HIS OTHER MILLIONAIRE FRIENDS AND EX FOOTBALLING FRIENDS, if they require to raise the neccesary funds

Its all well and good, with saverangers.com and pledges, the RST and there part in raising money, the fans continuing to show fantastic support, but we dont seem to have anything of substance, TIME IS RUNNING OUT

I LIKE MANY OTHERS LIVE IN HOPE....but Ally had that wee glint in his eye and I only hope that smile when he was bagging goals against the scum back in the day, comes out again.....sooner than later

MCCOIST..LIVING LEGEND

KilwinningBlue
08-03-2012, 09:01
He's the only person at Ibrox right now that we can trust 100% :(

TPol_RFC
08-03-2012, 09:02
Sick of reading about folks "wee feelings"

Earl of Leven
08-03-2012, 09:02
Terrible manager but a legend and someone who has been wonderful these last weeks.....a true natural in front of camera and someone who speaks to fans in the way we want to be spoken to.

Always welcome back to Ibrox until he's 100 years old.

LostSoulForever 2
08-03-2012, 09:09
Terrible manager but a legend and someone who has been wonderful these last weeks.....a true natural in front of camera and someone who speaks to fans in the way we want to be spoken to.

What happens when he turns 101, is he finished? :D

Auldfagan
08-03-2012, 09:12

I actually agree with all that. I suspect though Ally will be here next year as manager.

BroomhouseBear
08-03-2012, 09:22
So the OP has a "wee feeling". :blink: :roll:

Ally, like many current players, ex-players/managers, and fans are millionaires. It is one thing being a millionaire on paper and having a lot of your value tied up in property, businesses etc. It's on a completely new level to have 10s of millions in cash spend never mind to put it into a football club.

The same reality surrounds the supposed meeting at the Radisson last night. We have many very rich businessmen that go to Ibrox week in week out. Unfortunately for even the richest of these people putting in just 500,000 would have a massive impact on their life, businesses and any planned retirement they have.

DCooper 7
08-03-2012, 09:27
Unless your name is Roman Abramovich not many folk will have 50-100M sitting in an account waiting to put into Rangers.Any take over will involve moving the debt and then managing the club properly.

papasmurf
08-03-2012, 09:29

Ally, like many current players, ex-players/managers, and fans are millionaires. It is one thing being a millionaire on paper and having a lot of your value tied up in property, businesses etc. It's on a completely new level to have 10s of millions in cash spend never mind to put it into a football club.

The same reality surrounds the supposed meeting at the Radisson last night. We have many very rich businessmen that go to Ibrox week in week out. Unfortunately even the richest of these people putting even just 500,000 would have a massive impact on their life, businesses and any planned retirement they have.

Exactly. Some people live in fantasy world. Thinking we have dozens of fans who have tens of millions swishing around in a bank account somewhere. In reality, these people become so rich because they are very clever at business and investments. If they wanted to raise say 10m, almost all would have to raise that against an asset. Its not a simple case of handing over the cold hard cash.

bluenosebri
08-03-2012, 09:30
Just watched Ally on that interview where he mentioned talking to investors, he definitely had that glint in his eye when he talked of himself talking to people. Makes me wonder too is he not trying to rally some serious money from people he mixes with.

bearfaecumbernauld
08-03-2012, 09:39
He's the only person at Ibrox right now that we can trust 100% :(

Totally agree with this post.

Also agree I am a tad worried that he is still in line for manager next year as this season has been very bad football wise.

Realise the time might not be right to discuss but I'm not being two faced re my previous thoughts on Ally as RFC Manager.

Ads1985
08-03-2012, 09:42

The same reality surrounds the supposed meeting at the Radisson last night. We have many very rich businessmen that go to Ibrox week in week out. Unfortunately even the richest of these people putting even just 500,000 would have a massive impact on their life, businesses and any planned retirement they have.

Spot on. Not many of our ex-players or Ally's mates will be cash rich.

bluemoose
08-03-2012, 09:54

Unproven manager and legend may be a bit fairer!!

Anyone would have struggled with the constaints put upon him.

Jury is out on his mangerial skills but Walter Smith rated him and he is no fool

Kinbo
08-03-2012, 09:56
Thought he was an MBE

melbbear
08-03-2012, 09:59
he is not going to tell anyone is he the media would write a lot of sh*te ,try and bring him down. if there is anything will come out when it's right.

Elvis Cole
08-03-2012, 10:02
I actually agree with all that. I suspect though Ally will be here next year as manager.

We are doomed ah tell you, doomed:)

davemac60
08-03-2012, 10:11

The same reality surrounds the supposed meeting at the Radisson last night. We have many very rich businessmen that go to Ibrox week in week out. Unfortunately for even the richest of these people putting in just 500,000 would have a massive impact on their life, businesses and any planned retirement they have.

Where in the original post did i quote "wee feeling"..obviously you did read the post..and you are an expert in finances of others..mate its a post and an opinion i did think thats what any forum is about