PDA

View Full Version : Ibrahimovic - is he World class/great?

Boydy5times
28-11-2011, 00:25
Been arguing the bit with me mate on Twatter.

I say hes an overrated, over-hyped c.unt.

Discuss...

Stuart_WATP
28-11-2011, 00:26
World class, no doubt about it. Phenomenal player.

business_bear
28-11-2011, 00:30
He's absoloute class, easily one of the most skillful players I've ever seen, a joy to watch.

He may be a kant, but you cannot deny the guy's abillity.

ewankenobi
28-11-2011, 00:31
he's got the ability, but doesn't have the attitude to match

agcooper
28-11-2011, 00:33

Discuss...

i'd say you have to separate the talent, the hyperbole and the personality.

phenomenal player no doubt

world class? yes.

best player in the world as he thinks he is? no.

dt17
28-11-2011, 00:33
Top class talent, pish poor attitude (a bit like Daniel Cousin for us)

PS: everytime I've saw him in the Champions League he's been piss poor.

LostSoulForever 2
28-11-2011, 00:34
No doubt at all that he's world class. He's been outstanding in Serie A for Inter and AC Milan, had a good season at Barcelona even if it didn't really work out for him, and he's got a very good international scoring record.

His got a pretty spectacular medal collection too.

klos
28-11-2011, 00:55
The man is World Class their is no doubt about it... The only reason imo certain pundits and dicks like Martin O'Neil think he's over rated is because he has never played in the EPL.

bluenose al
28-11-2011, 00:58
hes pure class.

KPL
28-11-2011, 01:06

This ^^ he is good when he wants to be.

youngsy
28-11-2011, 01:07
He's a world class goalscorer who has done it at the very top level of the game for every club he's played for.

RangersRus
28-11-2011, 02:30
The Ibra bashers are strangely scarce on this thread. Maybe it's because he's scored against Barcelona,Real Madrid,Milan,Inter,Juve,Arsenal and played very well during the week against the bestest team in the world ever.

The guy is class,always has been,but has always been a bit temperamental and inconsistent. Surely all these teams he's played and scored and won titles for can't all be wrong?

Göteborg-Rangers
28-11-2011, 02:36
Of course he is world class.

Over rated? Aye, all those goals in Seria A and medals were fluked.

NoSurrenderDavieWeir
28-11-2011, 04:05
8 consecutive league titles and approx 100 goals in 190 serie A games suggest world class player

DadoPrso42
28-11-2011, 04:06
If he's not world class I'm struggling to work out just how many players are.

rossc
28-11-2011, 04:47
World class player. Not many strikers have the attributes he has, but many have a better attitude.

tazzabear
28-11-2011, 06:45
He's a world class goalscorer who has done it at the very top level of the game for every club he's played for.

I use a wee criteria when judging world class.
For me, he is not in the top eight to ten strikers in the world so is not world class.
In saying that, I'd put players like Torres and Aguero in my top eight, so you can use this to judge my opinion.
As for Ibrahmovic, he is still a fine player.

adelblue
28-11-2011, 07:40
I've never seen him have a good game but given his reputation there must be something there.

azoots217
28-11-2011, 08:05
I cant go him , arrogant coont for me but his record does speak for itself . He must have something

Loves To Spooge
28-11-2011, 08:37
One of the most gifted players in the world no question.

For me hes got more ability than guys like Rooney, Benzema, Higuain and maybe even David Villa these days.

Difference is he doesnt have as strong a mentality, can be a bit of a chocker and too petulant.

leftie
28-11-2011, 08:40

Discuss...

But a very good one, nonetheless.

scottishcampbell
28-11-2011, 08:54
Use to think he was overrated but he is slowly,verly slowly changing my mind

Kiery
28-11-2011, 09:11
I think his ability is underrated by many due to the circus that surrounds him.

He is a fantastic player but plays for himself and blatently disregards any team instructions just so he can do what he wants.

I would say he's in the top 10 strikers in the world and he can contribute with all types of goals.

People who think Cristiano Ronaldo plays for himself should compare and contrast with Ibrahimovic to see what the meaning of the phrase really is.

His play suits Italy and he would be daft to leave there again IMO.

Loves To Spooge
28-11-2011, 09:13
I think his ability is underrated by many due to the circus that surrounds him.

He is a fantastic player but plays for himself and blatently disregards any team instructions just so he can do what he wants.

I would say he's in the top 10 strikers in the world and he can contribute with all types of goals.

People who think Cristiano Ronaldo plays for himself should compare and contrast with Ibrahimovic to see what the meaning of the phrase really is.

His play suits Italy and he would be daft to leave there again IMO.

Nice to see you talking sense for a change :D

His comments about Messi, Xavi and Iniesta were amusing, saying they followed Guardiolas instructions without complaint, they were like schoolboys.

Kind of sums up his rogue persona and his need to be defiant and look like a rebel.

blueredwhite
28-11-2011, 09:15
For me, he is not in the top eight to ten strikers in the world so is not world class.
In saying that, I'd put players like Torres and Aguero in my top eight, so you can use this to judge my opinion.

You surely must see him as good as Torres and Aguero? IMO he is better than both of these players.

thepower
28-11-2011, 09:16
Of course he is world class. Look at his record. If that's not the CV of a world class player then I don't know what is.

rangers_2001
28-11-2011, 09:23
Could be so much better if he had the right attitude.

ewankenobi
28-11-2011, 11:23
No doubt at all that he's world class. He's been outstanding in Serie A for Inter and AC Milan, had a good season at Barcelona even if it didn't really work out for him, and he's got a very good international scoring record.

His got a pretty spectacular medal collection too.

I'd say he had half a good season at Barcelona, he was terrible for the 2nd half of the season.

Wishy
28-11-2011, 11:26
Top player. Always rated him and seen nothing to change that.

Top_Cat
28-11-2011, 11:28
A Swedish ****

ozo
28-11-2011, 11:29
No doubting his talent nor indeed his record but his mentality is pretty suspect.

Not a player i would want to rely on to deliver in a pressure situation on the big stage whereas that is where the true greats really shine.

Big BlueBear
28-11-2011, 11:33

Was going to post the same. He is world class, but his attitude is awful.

devilman
28-11-2011, 11:34
He is a world class player. Unfortunately he's also a world class dick.

Up The Bracket
28-11-2011, 11:51
Could be so much better if he had the right attitude.

That is a frightening thought, but IMO, it's true.

No doubting his ability but he's so frustrating at times. If he had the right attitude he could probably be up there with the best ever.

Kiery
28-11-2011, 11:57
Nice to see you talking sense for a change :D

His comments about Messi, Xavi and Iniesta were amusing, saying they followed Guardiolas instructions without complaint, they were like schoolboys.

Kind of sums up his rogue persona and his need to be defiant and look like a rebel.

Firstly f*ck you:mad::D

Secondly, I always talk sense;)

chateaubleu
28-11-2011, 12:44
Top class talent, pish poor attitude (a bit like Daniel Cousin for us)

PS: everytime I've saw him in the Champions League he's been piss poor.

I'll be honest, any time I've seen him I've not been impressed and that goes for any competition.

That said, some of the Youtube stuff he's done is unreal.

LionRampant
28-11-2011, 12:47
Not as good as he thinks he is, that probably best sums him up. I've always thought he's a bit overated, tbh he tends to have a couple of moments which makes me doubt that though

Pichichi
28-11-2011, 12:55

You're right to have criteria as one man's world class definition might be best in his position whereas another might just be 'would get in a world squad of 23'.

That said, I'd struggle to stretch to eight strikers who are better than him. Torres has played like a Championship striker for much of the last 18 months.

mmrfc1873
28-11-2011, 12:58
I really don't see him as "world class" at all. Its a word that gets over-used far too much, I'd only use it to describe crazy talents like Ronaldo and Messi for example.

Ibra is a fine player, not world class for this bear though.

Leo_Ger
28-11-2011, 13:06
Sure, easily Sweden's best striker of the last few decades.

unbelievablewalter
28-11-2011, 14:56
yes he's world class
the only two forwards in the world better than him are Messi and Ronaldo
he could play for any team in the world. and win the title

DadoPrso42
28-11-2011, 15:03

I'd say that's a pretty fair way of judging whether a player is world class.

But these days I would pick Yakubu over Torres, he's been that bad. He has no right to be called a world class striker anymore.