PDA

View Full Version : whittaker

mc bulge
27-11-2011, 18:10
it has probably been brought up many times before but does anyone think whittaker would be better playing in a wide right role

TPABear
27-11-2011, 18:11
No, he is not good enough for any role imo

Divemaster
27-11-2011, 18:13
No, he performances there in his first two seasons were pretty awful most of the time, and he now hasn't played there for three years.

Plus, who do you replace him with?

derbybear
27-11-2011, 18:14
Linesman?

Today he put in one realy good cross but the rest of the game did he haw.

ABear
27-11-2011, 18:14
The renegotiated salary we are paying him angers the hell out of me

mc bulge
27-11-2011, 18:17
i would replace him with jordan mcmillan in the couple of games i have seen him he has looked good

blueguy
27-11-2011, 18:17
He is okay where he is imo.

FrankieGovanLoyal
27-11-2011, 18:21
He is decent, mcmillan deserves a chance at one point though.

KopGer
27-11-2011, 18:23
He'd be distinctly sub-par wherever he was deployed.

54ncounting
27-11-2011, 18:29
I think we are too hard on him at times, he is a good player, admittedly not having a great season.. but tell you what he creates more chances than our existing midfield quartet. I would push up into right midfield, have wylde out on the left, Young Jordan at right-back. Papac or Wallace at leftback, not both.

Earl of Leven
27-11-2011, 18:30
I've been told many times he's our best full back and indeed better than Hutton...etc etc.

He's not of course but that doesn't impact on FF of course.

47blue
27-11-2011, 18:31
Why does Whittaker consistently go to ground, agree with the OP he is probably better in midfield

KopGer
27-11-2011, 18:32
I've been told many times he's our best full back and indeed better than Hutton...etc etc.

He has improved not one single aspect of his play at Rangers, yet landed an enhanced deal.

Indeed, he's going backwards.

rangerstilidie
27-11-2011, 18:34
Linesman?

Today he put in one realy good cross but the rest of the game did he haw.

agree 100%, im defo not his biggest fan and the more he tries to beat 3 or 4 men is not going to change that,looses possesion ALL the time and never bursts his backside to get back and make amends,at one stage today at about 60 mins he lets his man get the better of him and then turns away from the game as if to totally give up!!

jordan McMillan surely wouldnt be any worse so why not give him a go,was immpressed with his no nonsense display up at mwell earlier in the season

bear.ranger
27-11-2011, 18:35
it has probably been brought up many times before but does anyone think whittaker would be better playing in a wide right role

Only right role for that lad would be right back in the dressing room, one of the worst players I have seen as a right back since my time of watching the Gers

scooter70
27-11-2011, 18:37
Shows no heart or desire to play for the club

Every 2nd touch is a tackle

tazzabear
No, he is not good enough for any role imo

The only surprise for me here is that you were not first to post.
As soon as he made a mistake that is.
If you, or anybody else believe him to be our top problem on the park then you need to ask yourself if you really do know anything about football.

tazzabear
i would replace him with jordan mcmillan in the couple of games i have seen him he has looked good

What games were they then?

Rangers2011
27-11-2011, 18:38
Should be sold asap, been shocking.

tazzabear
27-11-2011, 18:39
Shows no heart or desire to play for the club

Every 2nd touch is a tackle

Are you talking about Whittaker still?
Very strange comment about him.
Infact, I'd say that given all the negativity on this board about Whittaker, that is the first time I've read that.

scooter70
27-11-2011, 18:41
Are you talking about Whittaker still?
Very strange comment about him.
Infact, I'd say that given all the negativity on this board about Whittaker, that is the first time I've read that.

He doesnt, he wanders around, tries to take on one man too many everytime,

At one stage today he thought a ball was going out the park and lazily back heeled it to a Killie player resulting in them nearly breaking on us

Thinks hes a good player, there in lies his problem

Frank Grimes
27-11-2011, 18:42
He's not value for money if he is getting 20k ish a week. Im sure a lower epl team would give us about 2 million for him which we could re-invest in someone better with half the fee and half the wages, I would prefer even forster tbh.

borderbear
27-11-2011, 18:43
I was Whittakers biggest fans, constantly defending to my neighbours in the Club Deck, every other Saturday.
I saw a footballer in him, great balance, comfortable with a ball at his feet, but no more.
He can't tackle a fish supper, consistently fails to stop crosses, and now offers little going forward.
The fact he negotiated a big money deal , p*sses me off.
Empty him ASAP.

mc bulge
27-11-2011, 18:43
against motherwell and liverpool are a couple that come to mind

keldo82
27-11-2011, 19:24

There is a comparison between him and Hutton. We cashed in at the right time for Hutton, we should have sold Whittaker when we had the chance.

gersfc211177
27-11-2011, 19:26
he has been pish all season

meldo53
27-11-2011, 19:26
I dont rate him at all, never have, he isnt not the best right back in the league imo

gersfc211177
27-11-2011, 19:28
There is a comparison between him and Hutton. We cashed in at the right time for Hutton, we should have sold Whittaker when we had the chance.

hutton was a far, far better player than whitts is/will ever be.... and hutton wastnt great

blair_omnibus
27-11-2011, 19:31

And of course you're the king of football knowledge that everyone should just agree with.

Folk have actually just started to agree with you just do you stop going on.

Milky
27-11-2011, 20:01
As much use as a one-legged man at an arse-kicking party. A diabolical performance today.

tazzabear
27-11-2011, 20:24
He doesnt, he wanders around, tries to take on one man too many everytime,

At one stage today he thought a ball was going out the park and lazily back heeled it to a Killie player resulting in them nearly breaking on us

Thinks hes a good player, there in lies his problem

Did you not say earlier that he shows no desire?
Now though, he tries to take on too many?
Okay, I understand now.
As for your last point.
Is there a better right back in the Scotland?
I'll say again before you answer, it may not be much but other players, held in high esteem are praised with this.

tazzabear
27-11-2011, 20:25
I dont rate him at all, never have, he isnt not the best right back in the league imo

OKay, name names.

tazzabear
27-11-2011, 20:26
against motherwell and liverpool are a couple that come to mind

The Motherwell game I can accept but a friendly?

bluebluecee
27-11-2011, 21:33
This guy has cost our Club millions.He should have been punted the day he held the Club to ransom for a five year deal.

stuart1972
27-11-2011, 21:47
So Whittaker has a poor game, but admittedly he isn't the only one, and people want him replaced by Jordan McMillan... really?

First of all I agree McMillan played decent again Motherwell but he wasn't exactly brilliant, his performance wasn't anywhere near good enough then to warrant him replacing Whittaker

Kiery
27-11-2011, 21:51
I have never rated Whittaker and I think he is a poor player but the fact is we don't really have anyone to replace him with at the moment and I am sure we would all see any potential funds spent elsewhere in the team.

We're stuck with him for the foreseeable.

rangers-watp
27-11-2011, 21:56
He constantly comes inside instead of trying to get to the byline

ThorIcf
27-11-2011, 22:02
This guy frustrates me the most got a very lucrative deal yet in my opinion puts in 50 per cent effort one try game..... A lazy player

Bonkle Bear
27-11-2011, 22:05
He's had a poor season. He seems to never have full control of the ball when he carries it forward. I'd rather we kept him at right back as he isn't good enough to be played out of position constantly.

He doesn't look like good value for his improved deal so far.

bilkobear
27-11-2011, 22:16

If people on here think that Whittaker would do a better job in the EPL than Alan Hutton is doing at the moment then they are insane.

Whittaker is the worst defender we have at the club and one of the worst right full backs I have ever seen play for Rangers.

Perversely, he is a decent football player who somehow seems to play better at left back or even in the centre of defence, where being out of his usual position seems to bring out a level of concentration normally missing from his game.

Every team that plays against us seem to always pinpoint our right side as the area to attack.

As for Broadfoot, defensively he was very sound today.

mrgeebus
28-11-2011, 08:46
The only surprise for me here is that you were not first to post.
As soon as he made a mistake that is.
If you, or anybody else believe him to be our top problem on the park then you need to ask yourself if you really do know anything about football.

This.

It's always the same after a disappointing result - the same old names trot out to have a go at Whittaker, and you can usually bet on his wages being mentioned within the first ten posts, normally with some outrage about the fact that the guy did what any other person would do when their wage is to be negotiated - got the best deal he could for himself, which no-one on here actually knows the figure of - choosing to believe the same press they tell everyone else to ignore/not to buy, unless it's a convenient story to add to their agenda against our own players.

Meanwhile, the FF favourites get off Scot-free with worse performances.

Jordan McMillan, who has played ONE competitive game for us has become the new Cafu on here,

It's often said that the Taigs hate us more than they love their team. I think there are several on here who hate our own players more than the Taigs do!

helicopter-sunday
28-11-2011, 09:25
My dad thinks Whittaker is absolutely pish, he has done for years. I have always defended him, purely because I like Whittaker, he's a trier, he never hides when it gets tough and is always willing to have a go. Plus who can forget the tears after the UEFA cup semi final??

This season though even I will admit he has been a total liability. Whether that be in Europe or the SPL, any left winger seems to give him the run around and his crossing has been shocking!

Rab2512
28-11-2011, 09:54
I said this to my mate yesterday. Play Whittaker right Mid with Jordan Mcmillan at right back. Davis should never be shifted to right mid to allow mcculloch and edu to play in the centre

helicopter-sunday
28-11-2011, 10:21
I said this to my mate yesterday. Play Whittaker right Mid with Jordan Mcmillan at right back. Davis should never be shifted to right mid to allow mcculloch and edu to play in the centre

So you want to play Whittaker in his un favoured position just because he's playing rubbish?

"You're not very good in your preferred position son, but we will try you right midfield!"

That's not the way it should be IMO.

derek5287
28-11-2011, 10:29
Think he would be better on the bench.

Not good enough and is playing very poor just now.

scooby
28-11-2011, 10:29
Whittaker is a reasonably skillful footballer, and he does do his best.

The problem is, defensively he is just not good enough.

Earl of Leven
28-11-2011, 10:55
If ever there was a topic that is destined to get me banned it's this one.

:angel:

tazzabear
28-11-2011, 11:04
If ever there was a topic that is destined to get me banned it's this one.

:angel:

I know what you are saying and agree.
I just won't accept Whittaker in particular being made the scapegoat every time a result goes wrong.
Especially comments like 'he has no desire' and that he is 'lazy'.
Also when he did nothing that contributed to the loss of the goal.
Then, and this is the bit that frustrates me, others having worse games get excuses made for them.

scooter70
28-11-2011, 11:24
I know what you are saying and agree.
I just won't accept Whittaker in particular being made the scapegoat every time a result goes wrong.
Especially comments like 'he has no desire' and that he is 'lazy'.
Also when he did nothing that contributed to the loss of the goal.
Then, and this is the bit that frustrates me, others having worse games get excuses made for them.

Dont think I excused anybody from that performance yesterday if it was aimed my way

If you could tell us all when Whittaker last played a great game, sorry even a half decent game for us then that would help?