PDA

View Full Version : Is Dave King Still a Director of Rangers?

rossgers
21-10-2011, 22:51
All other ex-directors seem to have jumped ship or been dumped/resigned. Reasons for no longer being a director range from plain incompetence for Bain & McIntyre, neglect (or jumping from the sinking ship) for Greig and McLelland and incompatibility for Paul Murray and Johnston.

Dont think I have missed any others

Why would King not have the same problems as the others?

fbear
21-10-2011, 22:52
Myself and 1872 were talking about exactly the same thing earlier. King is still a director and has been uncharacteristically quiet of late.

Whether that means anything or not though is another thing altogether.

GingerFurball
21-10-2011, 22:53
All other ex-directors seem to have jumped ship or been dumped/resigned. Reasons for no longer being a director range from plain incompetence for Bain & McIntyre, neglect (or jumping from the sinking ship) for Greig and McLelland and incompatibility for Paul Murray and Johnston.

Dont think I have missed any others

Why would King not have the same problems as the others?

Presumably because of King's shareholding.

elgin loyal
21-10-2011, 22:57

Nail hit on head.

rossgers
21-10-2011, 23:26

Right, so he has the most to lose if we go into administration at the behest of Whyte. Whyte gets his money but King loses all of his.

But not a peep. What is he up to?

Bonkle Bear
21-10-2011, 23:30
King stated he wanted talks with Whyte a few weeks back. As far as I'm aware there has been no talks reported between the two since he said that.

I think we'll here from King within the next few weeks and it would be naive to think people in the media were not trying to contact him about it this week.

TheBattleFever
21-10-2011, 23:34
What is the latest on King's tax case?

rossgers
21-10-2011, 23:36
King stated he wanted talks with Whyte a few weeks back. As far as I'm aware there has been no talks reported between the two since he said that.

I think we'll here from King within the next few weeks and it would be naive to think people in the media were not trying to contact him about it this week.

I would expect he would have been extremely worried about his investment for some time and would have taken steps to protect it. Unless he has a say in what is going to happen?

Harry's Da
21-10-2011, 23:38
Shaggy will be along in a minute to tell all.

MasterC
21-10-2011, 23:39
Dave King owns 7% of Rangers if I remember right. He is also someone who I do not think would be bullied into doing anything he didn't want to do.

If I was Craig Whyte I would want Dave King on-side. Whether he was behind the "alternate bid" or not.

gersfc211177
21-10-2011, 23:42
dave king will be in control of us within a year,,thats what i think/hope watp

Harry's Da
21-10-2011, 23:42
Dave King owns 7% of Rangers if I remember right. He is also someone who I do not think would be bullied into doing anything he didn't want to do.

If I was Craig Whyte I would want Dave King on-side. Whether he was behind the "alternate bid" or not.

If I were Ally, I would have played 3 at the back in the first game.

menniet4
21-10-2011, 23:49
I was thinking about king today, With King putting more money into rangers than Whyte has, Whyte will be stupid to think if the worst happens that he will just walk back into power, I think if the worst happens and we go into administration, King and his team could be ready to out bid Whyte, remember whyte will probably only want to buy Rangers back from administration for around about 20-25m (the money he has invested in clearing the debt etc), would Whyte be prepared for competition from Dave king?

or am I reading too much in to it?

menniet4
21-10-2011, 23:51
If I were Ally, I would have played 3 at the back in the first game.
;);) can I have some of what you are on? :D

macdonsj
22-10-2011, 00:02
If kings south African tax issues are resolved
I'd like to see them combine to take the club forward

Harry's Da
22-10-2011, 00:04
;);) can I have some of what you are on? :D

Available at your local off sales, not difficult to find.

The average mind of a FF'er is much more expensive, priceless in fact.....

rossgers
22-10-2011, 00:06
If kings south African tax issues are resolved
I'd like to see them combine to take the club forward

For someone with such a big investment in Rangers to do nothing to protect it so far in the face of looming armageddon, I would speculate that King and Whyte are already "combined".