PDA

View Full Version : Why is John Fleck not involved in the under 21 set up?

bilkobear
16-10-2011, 13:14
I never seem to see his name mentioned with the Scotland set up.
I know he isn't getting many games for us at present, but not all the other players involved are either.
Anyone know why he isn't involved?

wullie13
16-10-2011, 13:15
maybe not good enough?

buckfast_kid
16-10-2011, 13:16
he is at sheffield united isn't he? how is he getting on down there?

buckfast_kid
16-10-2011, 13:18
the deal fell through I have just read, shows how much action he has been getting for us I haven't even noticed

jam33
16-10-2011, 13:19
he is at sheffield united isn't he? how is he getting on down there?

Nope, he's still with us. Apparently he wanted to stay and fight for a place.

Bonkle Bear
16-10-2011, 13:21
I'd be very surprised if Fleck isn't put out on loan in January. His career will just continue to stall if he's not getting any game time.

JohnDarwinsCanoe
16-10-2011, 13:21
I'm baffled why he's not even been involved as a sub.

I know he's not shone when he's played but you would think he'd at least make the bench considering our lack of forward players. From the bounce game reports he always seems to get on the scoresheet.

andrew07023
16-10-2011, 13:24
I'd be very surprised if Fleck isn't put out on loan in January. His career will just continue to stall if he's not getting any game time.

meet him in llyods in glasgow city centre no him through a mate and asked him you going out on loan his reply im going nowhere on loan. boy is rangers through and through hope he lives up to his potential

bilkobear
16-10-2011, 13:24
maybe not good enough?

He is being kept out of the Rangers team by seasoned internationalists.

Exactly who is keeping young Allen out of the Dundee United team?

Young Fleck has played a fair bit of football for such a young player, and that he has kept himself involved with the first team at the club with the best players in the country, is perhaps a more difficult achievement than breaking into a team at the lower end of the SPL?

berkshiretrueblue
16-10-2011, 13:27
I worry for Fleck if he can't get a game ahead of McCulloch and I am disappointed that young McMillan is being kept out of the playing squad by a clown like Broadfoot.

wullie13
16-10-2011, 13:28
He is being kept out of the Rangers team by seasoned internationalists.

Exactly who is keeping young Allen out of the Dundee United team?

Young Fleck has played a fair bit of football for such a young player, and that he has kept himself involved with the first team at the club with the best players in the country, is perhaps a more difficult achievement than breaking into a team at the lower end of the SPL?

Peter Houston i believe, something to do with the lad wanting too much money?

blair_omnibus
16-10-2011, 13:29
McCoist has bombed him out big time.

And considering we have f*ck all attacking options, he MUST be questioned in this.

He's been playing well in friendlies & bounce games yet doesn't even make match day squads. F*cking joke.

Pollok-Loyal
16-10-2011, 13:31
Is anyone prepared to question Flecks desire here?

blair_omnibus
16-10-2011, 13:32
Is anyone prepared to question Flecks desire here?

No because it's very well known how well he trains & works.

hagi bear
16-10-2011, 13:33
Fleck should be on the bench before Healy. He has about double the natural talent.

53easy
16-10-2011, 13:33
Fleck should be questioning his Rangers future when Healy getting picked before him.

Bonkle Bear
16-10-2011, 13:34
McCoist has bombed him out big time.

And considering we have f*ck all attacking options, he MUST be questioned in this.

He's been playing well in friendlies & bounce games yet doesn't even make match day squads. F*cking joke.

I'd be amazed if Fleck turns out to be a decent player.

Watching his first touch & passing in some of the games he was involved in last year was worrying, even if he was out of position.

He needs to play week in, week out or he'll end up as just another promising youngster who failed to cut it.

blair_omnibus
16-10-2011, 13:35

Watching his first touch & passing in some of the games he was involved in last year was worrying, even if he was out of position.

He needs to play week in, week out or he'll end up as just another promising youngster who failed to cut it.

Eh?

His touch & passing are the last things of his performances that I'd question.

Bonkle Bear
16-10-2011, 13:43
Eh?

His touch & passing are the last things of his performances that I'd question.

Really?

Only need to look back at St Mirren away in March when he was absolutely dreadful with both (might have been his last competitive start last season iirc)

Hope a SFL or League 1 side takes him for the second part of the season.

blair_omnibus
16-10-2011, 13:49
Really?

Only need to look back at St Mirren away in March when he was absolutely dreadful with both (might have been his last competitive start last season iirc)

Hope a SFL or League 1 side takes him for the second part of the season.

Yes really.

The link up play with Jelavic in a couple of games last season but more so the stand out dictation of our play against Blackpool & Chelsea in friendlies pre-season.

Also scored in every bounce game bar one this season so far at Murray Park.

Questions need to be asked as to why he doesn't make the bench when we have zero attacking options.

Big BlueBear
16-10-2011, 13:54
Surely the spat with Ally must take a part in why he isn't picked, just seems strange that no matter what he does in training, bounce games, and friendlies, the lad isn't at least given a cameo.

Arveladzes Shuffle
16-10-2011, 13:56
Nope, he's still with us. Apparently he wanted to stay and fight for a place.

The deal with him and Kyle Hutton moving on loan collapsed due to clerical error in Sheff utds part.

laudrup
16-10-2011, 14:01
Surely the spat with Ally must take a part in why he isn't picked, just seems strange that no matter what he does in training, bounce games, and friendlies, the lad isn't at least given a cameo.

That was a couple of seasons ago during pre-season and if McCoist is using that as a reason to not involve him then it is pathetic.

It wasn't as if McCoist was the perfect professional with us under Souness.

For me, he should be in the squad before Healy and McCulloch, however it doesn't appear to be happening for him at the moment so he really needs to go out on loan to avoid stagnating further.

superbear
16-10-2011, 14:02
The deal with him and Kyle Hutton moving on loan collapsed due to clerical error in Sheff utds part.

Then Hutton went on loan to Partick. Fleck declined to do the same sort of thing.

The Gammon
16-10-2011, 15:44
Then Hutton went on loan to Partick. Fleck declined to do the same sort of thing.

seems silly to me. go out and prove yourself like adam did. show your wanting to play and develop and come back a better player. will only backfire imo if he refused to go.

skorn
16-10-2011, 15:55
Yes really.

The link up play with Jelavic in a couple of games last season ....

This what annoys me.

He DOES play well just behind Jelavic and tbh we need somebody right now to try and get that bit extra out of Jela.

I am constantly bewildered as to how few other people see how well these two players combine.

Big BlueBear
16-10-2011, 15:59
seems silly to me. go out and prove yourself like adam did. show your wanting to play and develop and come back a better player. will only backfire imo if he refused to go.

tbh Partick Thistle aren't really a proving ground, most Sunday League former pro-youth players could do a job there.

ger4life
16-10-2011, 16:52

so much drama

wullie1872
16-10-2011, 18:40
He is always used wide left when he gets a cameo. Thats not his game. Saw fleck play behind strikers for u21s. He links up well and can score. Why not play him. We lack something middle to front right now.

47blue
16-10-2011, 18:44
I don't know what to make of the Fleck situation,why leave his loan move until the very last minute? He does not appear to have a future at Ibrox in the first team