PDA

View Full Version : Questions & Concerns

GioLoyal
15-10-2011, 18:11
With the exception of the Old Firm game, and even in that game we went in trailing at half time, we've been below par in EVERY home game this season.

The pish against Malmo and Maribor.

The Sheep game a few weeks back which was one of the worst games of football I've ever been at.

The first half performance against Hibs.

The first half performance today. We couldn't string 3 passes together and we were outplayed by St Mirren as we sat back off them seemingly unable to close them down.

I look at McCulloch and Broadfoot coming on today. I look at the opportunities, or the lack thereof, McKay and Bedoya have been given since signing. Neither even making it on the bench today.

I look at the composition of the squad and see we are now top heavy on midfielders and centre backs and light on strikers.

I question why Weir was given a new deal. I question why Kerkar was given a contract. I wonder why Healy was given a new deal, even with the paucity of strikers in our squad.

We'll win the league, we'll win it by a distance. What does it prove? Rangers and Celtic competing over the SPL Title. It's the old two bald guys fighting over a comb analogy.

Sir Duncan Ferguson
15-10-2011, 18:14
If McKay can't get on the bench ahead of that dud McCulloch he'd be as well moving.

Seriously, what is a 33 year old hasbeen going to give us that an 28 year old international midfielder couldn't ?

McCulloch's time at Ibrox is more than up. And yet we've got another 18 months of stunningly inept midfield dynamism from him to look forward too.

As for Broadfoot, diabolical positioning.

gostinbear
15-10-2011, 18:29
Poor bench and subs again

MrBrightside
15-10-2011, 18:33
Our decision making in the final third was appalling today.
McCulloch is so immobile it's untrue.
St mirren's goal was so amatuerish to concede at that stage in the game.

colb54
15-10-2011, 18:37
we've got one or two good players, the rest are average at best. We're a poor team bordering on the OK with a rookie manager. Hearts at Tyncastle next week, it shouldn't be but it will be a tough game, don't be the slightest surprised if we leave there beaten.

Borg359
15-10-2011, 18:42
It is not just the players, does any one else think the subs were an effort to hold on the one goal lead rather than finish them?

Meggs
15-10-2011, 18:46
we've got one or two good players, the rest are average at best. We're a poor team bordering on the OK with a rookie manager. Hearts at Tyncastle next week, it shouldn't be but it will be a tough game, don't be the slightest surprised if we leave there beaten.

Then we are away to the sheep, we need two wins, nothing left. Keep the foot on their throats.

stuart1972
15-10-2011, 18:48
If McKay can't get on the bench ahead of that dud McCulloch he'd be as well moving.

Seriously, what is a 33 year old hasbeen going to give us that an 28 year old international midfielder couldn't ?

McCulloch's time at Ibrox is more than up. And yet we've got another 18 months of stunningly inept midfield dynamism from him to look forward too.

As for Broadfoot, diabolical positioning.

Who's going to tell the jokes on the bench if McCulloch isn't there?

In all seriousness though, either McKay isn't as good as we first thought or McCoist is picking his 'favourites'

jimmyhm
15-10-2011, 18:57
Who's going to tell the jokes on the bench if McCulloch isn't there?

In all seriousness though, either McKay isn't as good as we first thought or McCoist is picking his 'favourites'

Or maybe McKay played in Australia during the week and only just got back?

baystatebear
15-10-2011, 19:02
I think the biggest task confronting McCoist, is to ensure that the attitude of the team is focused and concentrated at all times. Today's result was IMO, down to complacency. The opposition, St.Mirren, weren't expected to take anything from the game, and with Rangers 10 pts clear of sellick who had just avoided defeat by the skin of their teeth an hour earlier, the mental attitude of McCoist's team was all wrong from the outset. I'm certainly not willing to write off sellick's league title this early, as in year's past it will probably end up being a close run thing. I just hope that at season's end we don't look back on today's result and regret not taking the the full 3 pts.

McCoist has to drum it into his players that they simply aren't good enough collectively to stroll along in 2nd. gear, and then if they have to, kick it up into 1st. to get the required result. If they are to achieve their goals, they must do so through maximum effort and commitment, anything less could see us blow our chances of 4-in-a-row.

evy_rfc
15-10-2011, 19:10
The way we started today was nothing short of shocking. We got passed off the park by St Mirren with 2 guys deemed not good enough for us and the tarriers controlling the midfield. St Mirren were first to every 1st, 2nd and 3rd ball, won every tackle and every header. Hopefully thats it out the system coz the leagues a long way from finished.

The subs were diabolical also. 3 more defense minded players and holding out for a 1-0 win against that pish? Hope McCoist realises how amateur that was.

We did have chances, many chances, to kill the game and never. We need to start taking these chances before it hurts us

THE PROFESSOR
15-10-2011, 19:55
With the exception of the Old Firm game, and even in that game we went in trailing at half time, we've been below par in EVERY home game this season.

The pish against Malmo and Maribor.

The Sheep game a few weeks back which was one of the worst games of football I've ever been at.

The first half performance against Hibs.

The first half performance today. We couldn't string 3 passes together and we were outplayed by St Mirren as we sat back off them seemingly unable to close them down.

I look at McCulloch and Broadfoot coming on today. I look at the opportunities, or the lack thereof, McKay and Bedoya have been given since signing. Neither even making it on the bench today.

I look at the composition of the squad and see we are now top heavy on midfielders and centre backs and light on strikers.

I question why Weir was given a new deal. I question why Kerkar was given a contract. I wonder why Healy was given a new deal, even with the paucity of strikers in our squad.

We'll win the league, we'll win it by a distance. What does it prove? Rangers and Celtic competing over the SPL Title. It's the old two bald guys fighting over a comb analogy.

All entirely valid points. Any student of logic and metaphysics would find the goings on at Ibrox incomprehensible.

On another thread someone suggested today's result would be a timely boot up the behind. As if Malmo, Maribor and Falkirk weren't enough. Lessons simply aren't being learned and what could be the reason for that?

Is there a lack of respect for the management team? On all of the above major losses, McCoist used the same expression each time, namely that he was " disappointed". Well disappointed doesn't quite cut it for me, I'd be looking for something a bit stronger. If he maintains that merely "disappointed" approach within the dressing room, we may well have a clue.

Too much of the old pals act / jobs for the boys at Ibrox, for my liking.

colb54
15-10-2011, 20:32
Then we are away to the sheep, we need two wins, nothing left. Keep the foot on their throats.

forgot about that game mate. dare i say, 2pts out of 6pts, wouldn't be in the slightest bit surprised.