PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts On The Ulster Gazelle, Kyle Lafferty

Pages : [1] 2

Sammer
09-05-2009, 21:14
Not because he had a first touch like Cruyff on a day when conditions were shocking,not because of they way he throws himself into tackles.

It because he is one of us,he hates the tarriers with every bone in his body,I had a tear (of joy):o in my eye at the end of the game today when he came down to the copland pumping his fists and thumping his badge.

campsie
09-05-2009, 21:16
Not because he had a first touch like Cruyff on a day when conditions were shocking,not because of they way he throws himself into tackles.

It because he is one of us,he hates the tarriers with every bone in his body,I had a tear (of joy):o in my eye at the end of the game today when he came down to the copland pumping his fists and thumping his badge.

at least when the tin man done the fresh air kick he beat a couple of men first;)

Sutton_Blows_g0ats
When he got booked, he didn't boot the mhank hard enough!

yorkhill_loyal
he can keep eating the pies if that is how he plays :D

Younggun_stu23
09-05-2009, 21:18
I feel the same.

You can how much playing for Rangers means to him, and when he points to his badge and kisses it, he means it.

Albertz Was King
09-05-2009, 21:20
I like him a lot.

He has real potential and passion.

His reaction at the full time whistle was superb.

He gave us a good reception at the end which is always nice to see. I like a player that appreciates us the supporters. Keep it up Kyle.

Tom Vallance
09-05-2009, 21:20
Just seen him diving into the crowd at the final whistle. East Enclosure I think. :)

yorkhill_loyal
09-05-2009, 21:21
Just seen him diving into the crowd at the final whistle. East Enclosure I think. :)

never seen it at the time, but seen it when i got home

larrydavidloyal
Loved it and he played really well, looking very confident. I hope he has a swagger of disdain towards that lot in future as well.

51titles
I like him a lot.

He has real potential and passion.

His reaction at the full time whistle was superb.

He gave us a good reception at the end which is always nice to see. I like a player that appreciates us the supporters. Keep it up Kyle.

So long as he does not become Dirk Kuyt, a professional clapper of his supporters.

Sammer
09-05-2009, 21:22
The ammount of times he took a 60 yard punt and stoped it dead on his chest was something else, totally changed the game when he came on the tarriers had all the second half and we were finding hard to get out of our on half,he came on and offered us a out ball gave us somthing to hit and held the ball until he had support,also chased every tarrier every inch until he won the ball or they had punted it out the park.

He'll do for me

Albertz Was King
09-05-2009, 21:22
So long as he does not become Dirk Kuyt, a professional clapper of his supporters.

:D

He does it at the right place, at the right time.:cool:

Tom Vallance
09-05-2009, 21:23
never seen it at the time, but seen it when i got home

Loving it as much as us, mate. It's nice to see. :)

larrydavidloyal
09-05-2009, 21:24

Like Nacho? At leas Kuyt plays, Nacho literally just does that now...

yorkhill_loyal
Loving it as much as us, mate. It's nice to see. :)

he was sitting beside me at the B international on Wed night, he said he was desperate to play today

Albertz Was King
The ammount of times he took a 60 yard punt and stoped it dead on his chest was something else, totally changed the game when he came on the tarriers had all the second half and we were finding hard to get out of our on half,he came on and offered us a out ball gave us somthing to hit and held the ball until he had support,also chased every tarrier every inch until he won the ball or they had punted it out the park.

He'll do for me
I was worried when he came on because I thought Smith was going to shunt him out wide.

He is a different player through the middle as a striker, we all know that.

He is good at taking it down on his chest, he isn’t so good at heading but if we play the ball on the deck we will get more out of him and the team. He did win a good number of headers today though which was good to see. He also has real running ability with the ball.

paisleyprod
build team round Lafferty, Davis, Boogie, KT and Edu

Loves To Spooge
i like him, as has been said, you can see hes one of us, he realises how lucky he is and he isnt taking it for granted.

I think hes got huge potential too, he held the ball up superbly well today, the tims couldnt get near him.

His reaction at the end said it all though. Hoping we see him up front as often as possible

paisleyprod
09-05-2009, 21:25

not Novo's fault he's not selected though.

rossy3010
09-05-2009, 21:25
Does he have a song ?

Pollok-Loyal
09-05-2009, 21:26

Spot on mate.

hurleyreyes
09-05-2009, 21:27
I may be a bit drunk.
But when he becomes physically stronger and uses his strength. I believe he could be as good as Drogba. Hes still only 21 and Drogba was nowhere at his age.

skyblueranger
09-05-2009, 21:28
he's a handful when he's in that sort of form. His holding up of the ball was fantastic

Tom Vallance
09-05-2009, 21:29
he was sitting beside me at the B international on Wed night, he said he was desperate to play today

He's got the potential and attributes to be a big, big player for us. He could teach some others about composed finishing. Add that to the fact that he's one of us, and it's all good. :)

larrydavidloyal
not Novo's fault he's not selected though.

Yeah, never really understood why people don't like players who appreciate the fans and assume it's false...

The People
Does he have a song ?

Its called "The Sash" mate.

The big fella is one of the bears for sure!

wronglypenalised
09-05-2009, 21:35
I would agree with the sentiments of worry when he came on, but only because I thought he would be getting hung out to dry on the left thankfully he was given his shot up front.

I would echo the sentiments that he was immense at taking the ball into his body and holding it up to bring others into play, the very factors that a lone frontman should possess and one that should we go that way next year in the bigger tougher games then he is the one that should be getting the nod.

Without dragging up old arguments I would say that without Barry in the team that he can be a very valuable asset to the team, he was one that was always getting it in the neck from the Captain in games that I watched whereas others were getting away with the same things in the Captains eyes.

jason 1121
09-05-2009, 21:55
Would be better for the guy to be played up front every week,when he does he causes problems.:D

rinosprayer
09-05-2009, 22:00
kyle lafferty 21, kevin thomson 24, edu 23, john fleck 17, steven davis 24

We actually have some real potential here as these boys will only get stronger in the next 2-3 years and could form the basis of a reasonable team.

Sutton_Blows_g0ats
09-05-2009, 22:01

We actually have some real potential here as these boys will only get stronger in the next 2-3 years and could form the basis of a reasonable team.

don't forget big davie could go on till he's 50!

wronglypenalised
09-05-2009, 22:11

I have been quite critical of Walter's "non policy" of promoting youngsters but given our current financial issues and the prominence of the above players (barring Fleck, I still have that nagging feeling that it was the WDB campaign that saw his brief appearances earlier in the season - I think he may be loaned out next season or face another like this where we have to be a few goals up or against strugglers to see him start) I have to doff my cap, what should also be mentioned is that barring Bougherra being sold then he is another early 20's player that could feature for a long time for us.

In saying that I would still like to see the back of the likes of McCulloch and Dailly while I also have my doubts about Broadfoot (but am willing to bide my time for the moment) and the halt of bringing in 30+ year olds as stop gaps.

Added in the likes of Alexander who could feature the next 7-8 years as gk's peak in 30's, and Boyd if he continues up his recent curve of workrate then it isn't as bad as made out.

We have to continue with good coaching and valuable sessions that produce positive play and results week in week out and would it be too much to ask that we produce a player capable of having a decent set piece?

billy_sollox
09-05-2009, 22:15
I may be a bit drunk.
But when he becomes physically stronger and uses his strength. I believe he could be as good as Drogba. Hes still only 21 and Drogba was nowhere at his age.

No, that's a lot drunk.

ger4life
09-05-2009, 22:23
elsThe ammount of times he took a 60 yard punt and stoped it dead on his chest was something e, totally changed the game when he came on the tarriers had all the second half and we were finding hard to get out of our on half,he came on and offered us a out ball gave us somthing to hit and held the ball until he had support,also chased every tarrier every inch until he won the ball or they had punted it out the park.

He'll do for me

he does have some first touch...............he will be our main striker next season

LiviBear
09-05-2009, 22:37
No, that's a lot drunk.

I'd take Lafferty over that cheating, greeting, wasteful, spoiled bastard every day of the week and twice on the Sabbath.;)

Barrowblue
09-05-2009, 22:40
He cares. Gives his all. Covers acres of ground. And some of his ability is starting to show. Big honest guy. Interesting to see how he develops.

james belushi
09-05-2009, 22:45

hes been injured now he cant get back in the team uv got a short memory lad if thats the best you can come up with

Whitey_22
09-05-2009, 22:49
Does he have a song ?

To the tune of Jean Claude Darcheville:

"Big Kyle Lafferty, nanananana" :D

rinosprayer
09-05-2009, 22:52
don't forget big davie could go on till he's 50!

hey, the big man is marginally older than me and therefore still keeps the dream alive............:roll:

macleanal
09-05-2009, 23:02
was anyone else surprised at Kenny Miller's attitude today? maybe surprised is the wrong word, but he was getting right into them! his attitude was that of one if u supported the club as a lad! very 'get it round ye' kinda thinking toward the mhanky ones! was very pleased!

Alwaysbetonblue
09-05-2009, 23:11
Big Kyle fae Kesh.

Was over last summer and was delighted to se his hometown bedecked in red,white and blue.

He's most definitely one of us and it shows.

Aldo1872
09-05-2009, 23:26
I am a big fan of Big Kyle-he has a great work ethic and loves playing for us. It really gives us something to look forward to with the likes of him Mo and Kevin Thomson etc in the team. Well done Kyle

Bridgend Bear
10-05-2009, 00:15

i agree with that one. Start of a good team.

larrydavidloyal
10-05-2009, 00:19
hes been injured now he cant get back in the team uv got a short memory lad if thats the best you can come up with

I wasn't having a go at him... I was just pointing out that criticising Kuyt as a cheerleader is a bit rich when Nacho is a cult hero of ours.

wacaktb
10-05-2009, 00:25

wasn't even a foul in the first place, he won the ball

Kayloom
10-05-2009, 00:28
Good to see Smith play him up front, thought he'd be stuck at left mid again. He is some player at centre forward!

Surge
10-05-2009, 01:21
hey, the big man is marginally older than me and therefore still keeps the dream alive............:roll:

Davie Weir is the only only one keeping my dream alive! :o

*****GREG_RFC*****
10-05-2009, 01:34
Lafferty and Edu - surely they couldn't turn out to be money well spent?

The pair of them are glorious.

pastmaster95 & 244
10-05-2009, 01:44

tv replays confirmed he played the ball first and it was only his momentum that carried him into the mhank.

it was never a foul and therefore never a booking.

Tom Vallance
10-05-2009, 12:03
Kyle Lafferty at full time. ****in' loving it! :)

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/4211/kyleatft.jpg (http://img16.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kyleatft.jpg)

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/2821/pdvd000umo.jpg (http://img16.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pdvd000umo.jpg)

ticket_master
10-05-2009, 12:16
Kyle Lafferty at full time. ****in' loving it! :)

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/4211/kyleatft.jpg (http://img16.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kyleatft.jpg)

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/2821/pdvd000umo.jpg (http://img16.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pdvd000umo.jpg)

Love it, well in big chap

sherbrook_loyal
21-08-2011, 22:15
Now, like everyone else on FF, I've got serious man love for the Croat - but is there an argument that Lafferty might actually be the better finisher?

Jelavic is capable of the sublime and will score goals that no-one else in the country would even dream of, but he is prone to missing a few easy ones - I'd certainly be more confident of Lafferty finishing a one-one-one with the keeper.

Anyone agree?

One thing's for sure, the Ulster Gazelle doesn't get anywhere near the praise he deserves.

If he keeps up his recent form going back to the last ten games of the season, then he's going to mature even more and we're going to have some striker on our hands :cool:

Rangers2011
21-08-2011, 22:16
Yes he is a better finisher imo.

DylanGer
I would say no........

SpongebobSquarePass
I like big Laff but no, he isn't a better finisher than Jelavic, but he does have more pace and is maybe better at the running through onto a pass type finishes.

It's a very good combination.

strider
21-08-2011, 22:17
Last season, I suggested that Jelavic may remind us of Arveladze - prone to sitters whilst scoring the chances that would seem ludicrously difficult to most.

Lafferty potentially is a better finisher. Given the amount of chances Jelavic can create for himself, though, he's always going to outscore him.

Edd 1873
No .

MTG1977
Hes now showing why we brought him and long may it continue.

Ive kept faith with him throughout, and as ive posted before had to grab the guy in front of me at Ibrox and get him in a headlock for his constant abuse of lafferty.

We are an impatient bunch but look at his finish today-utterly tremendous.

rossc
21-08-2011, 22:18
Would have to disagree but there isn't much in it.
Lafferty has definitely improved his composure and finishing in front of goal but Jelavic is the better out of the two. He's just struggling for form.

Super-Swally
both good finishers. Jelavic more than shades it imo.

Both will form a deadly partnership!

Younggun_stu23
Let's compare their goal tallies come May ;)

Rangers2011
21-08-2011, 22:19

Imo f they both played the same anout og games Lafferty would score alot mote but Jelavic with setmore up.

stuart1972
Lafferty misses his fair share of sitters as well

I would say Jelavic is a slightly better finisher though

chopper5000
They can both finish brilliantly but like Jela, they have both had their fair share of sitters. I reckon though that Lafferty has had more. I always find myself to be more frustrated at him than Jela.

GovanRear1987
21-08-2011, 22:20
Cant agree with that, I'm more confident of Jelavic

jimmyhm
21-08-2011, 22:21
With his feet - yes. With his head - no.

davieboy1873
21-08-2011, 22:22
Not at all.

Great finish today but come on:D

tam1912
21-08-2011, 22:23

If jelavic stays fit then it won't even stay close. I like lafferty aswell though met him a few times aswell he's in asda bearsden quite often and everytime I've approached him seems happy to chat etc will pose for a pic no problem

mark_knopfler
I don't think so, Laff can be a bit erratic in front of goal

billywizz
No, I dont think he is, Jelavic can score a far wider range of goals than big Kyle, from acrobatic efforts, to set pieces, he's better in the air as well, although Lafferty is the king of the first time shot

johnboy
21-08-2011, 22:24
Oh dear, no I really dont think so Lafferty is good when he hasnt time to think about it but when he has like his earlier chance he's poor

sherbrook_loyal
21-08-2011, 22:24
With his feet - yes. With his head - no.

That's a good point actually.

One thing's for sure, and they shouldn't be but they're brilliant together.

Jelavic looks a completely different player alongside Lafferty.

Incidentally, Lafferty has far more in his locker than Goodwillie.
I'd take the former any day of the week.

Stirling Bear
21-08-2011, 22:25
should have scored an easy chance in the first 15 minutes and hit it straight at the keeper so a no from me.

ThePedroandMaryChain
21-08-2011, 22:27
If Lafferty can get a regular start up front with Jelavic and can keep his good form going for the entire season then I think he'll be the top scorer in the SPL this season. Jelavic is the better all rounder but I think Lafferty will outscore him if they play together for the entire season.

Blue Sea Of Ibrox
21-08-2011, 22:29
amazing what a couple of less than perfect games for jelavic can do :)

he is imo by miles the best finisher with feet and head at the club imo.

lafferty is a good finisher as well by the way but jela is heroic.

superrangers
10-09-2011, 14:48
I've always liked Lafferty, good touch for a big player, scored some vital goals for us over the last few years and got decent pace, although he has let himself down on a couple of occasions. The big man has taken a lot of stick at times amongst the support and in the press, but now he's got 9 in 9 spl games and linked up really well at times with Davis and Naismith. As Kyle matures as a man, are we now seeing him stepping up and becoming a key players for the years to come.

Thoughts folks?

sr1983
10-09-2011, 14:49
Certainly hope so, he's always had the ability but lacked consistency. Played well again today though and a great header for the goal. Long may it continue! :)

blair_omnibus
10-09-2011, 14:49
He can still do more.

andrewcee
10-09-2011, 14:50
Just as Walter smith predicted but the football managers seem to know better.

Very good player

BucksRanger
10-09-2011, 14:55
Can't knock the guy in the last 12 months, for me he's a different plater tonthe bloke I didn't rate at all 12 months ago. Now when he plays I genuinely think he will get a goal, more of a goal threat for me than Jela

Dazzzzo
10-09-2011, 14:56
He can still do more.

9 goals in 9 games and he can do more:)

he has been outstanding for us and by far one of our best players in the last 6 months

sgt steve mcgarrett
10-09-2011, 15:01
No.

He is still a very very poor player.

His decision making is awful.

His anticipation is poor.

His touch is appalling.

He has scored 9 goals in 9 games because he is the Rangers centre forward. Conveniently that stat excludes the previous 3 years when he has been nothing more than a dud.

His claim today for a pen in the second half was embarrassing.

Could you go into an OF match with your hopes pinned on this guy? He played 90 minutes against Maribor - a game that mattered, and he couldnt have taken their defence apart armed with a flamethrower and machete.

A nightmare for the state of Rangers that such a poor player is also an 'important' player for us.

Stepping up???? You been on the pipe or something? How on earth Rangers fans could see this guy as representative of the standard of Rangers just baffles me.

gtm
10-09-2011, 15:04
9 goals in 9 games speaks for itself. Has a bit to go before he can be compared to the likes of Samaras but he's getting there.....

Loves To Spooge
10-09-2011, 15:05
Not sure.

I thought he was poor today goal aside.

Still think at times he just doesnt look like a footballer.

I'll reserve judgement for the end of the season, but he HAS to do it this year. Last chance for me.

Decent start right enough

Dunantblue
10-09-2011, 15:05
No.

His touch is appalling.

He has scored 9 goals in 9 games because he is the Rangers centre forward. Conveniently that stat excludes the previous 3 years when he has been nothing more than a dud.

Could you go into an OF match with your hopes pinned on this guy? He played 90 minutes against Maribor - a game that mattered, and he couldnt have taken their defence apart armed with a flamethrower and machete.

A nightmare for the state of Rangers that such a poor player is also an 'important' player for us.

Stepping up???? You been on the pipe or something? How on earth Rangers fans could see this guy as representative of the standard of Rangers just baffles me.

I honestly think that is harsh.

sr1983
10-09-2011, 15:06
No.

His touch is appalling.

Not a fan then??? :ninja:

Bluekurst
10-09-2011, 15:07
Kyle will score the winner next week, of that I have a very strong feeling.

bigbluebroxi
10-09-2011, 15:07
No.

His touch is appalling.

Well that is mostly a lot of nonsense.

sgt steve mcgarrett
10-09-2011, 15:08

No, not a fan at all.

Nothing against the big chap personally.

And I will hit the roof and sing his name if he scores the winner next week.

Sadly I dont think he will.

alcolusa
10-09-2011, 15:09
No.

His touch is appalling.

completely over the top
seen far worse Rangers centre forwards than him

Draag
10-09-2011, 15:10
6-1 at half time to score the first goal.

Great header.

My goal of last season aganst Killie.

sgt steve mcgarrett
10-09-2011, 15:11
Well that is mostly a lot of nonsense.

No it isn't.

He doesn't have the guile or football brains to unlock defences, especially in big games i.e. Europe or OFs.

He is a bag of loose energy, that due to playing in an attack minded team like Rangers, gets goals.

I used to play football - I occasionally scored goals. But I was hopeless when the chips were down. Really hopeless.

Big BlueBear
10-09-2011, 15:11
Tbh, every time the lad plays he's always isolated, and players continue to play long balls to him because of his height, he did alright today considering he clearly wasn't 100% fit.

sgt steve mcgarrett
10-09-2011, 15:12
completely over the top

Have you seen a worse 'important' Rangers centre forward?

I'd really like to know who that is.

sgt steve mcgarrett
10-09-2011, 15:13
Tbh, every time the lad plays he's always isolated, and players continue to play long balls to him because of his height, he did alright today considering he clearly wasn't 100% fit.

So he cant play upfront then? Despite that being his 'natural' position?

And he's useless in the air?

alcolusa
10-09-2011, 15:13
No it isn't.

He doesn't have the guile or football brains to unlock defences, especially in big games i.e. Europe or OFs.

He is a bag of loose energy, that due to playing in an attack minded team like Rangers, gets goals.

I used to play football - I occasionally scored goals. But I was hopeless when the chips were down. Really hopeless.

when the chips were down?
his performances over the last 3 years at the business end of the season has gone a long way to winning us 3 leagues

he is not perfect but nowhere near as bad as you are making out

Village Bluenose
10-09-2011, 15:14
Didnt play well at all today imo but took his goal well and he clearly isnt match fit, along with a good few others.

Bluekurst
10-09-2011, 15:14
When was the last time he had a truly awful game for us??

He finished last season with a bang, had an injury the start of this season and was drafted in to be our saviour in Europe when he was not fit. He had a good game today and by his own admission he is not yet fit.

He will score next week and I hope this is bumped to remind you all I said it.

To answer your original question, given his past you would say the jury is out. But given the present it looks positive.

Stuart_WATP
10-09-2011, 15:15
He continues to play well and score, keep it up big man.

dougierfc
Once he is fit he will hopefuly be back up to the level he reached last season although i think he needs Jelavic next to him, would liked to have seen Healey getting some game time today before next week if Jela is a doubt

alcolusa

if i knew what that meant i might be able to answer you but i will throw you a bone with Oleg Salenko

FernandoTorres
10-09-2011, 15:17
I've always been a huge fan of his.

The guy has absolutely everything about him and if he can find consistency then he will be fantastic for us.

He's really starting to play well and he's only going to get better.

BearNed
10-09-2011, 15:17
No.

His touch is appalling.

I think most of that is harsh. You make it look like all he has done is stand in the box and tapped the ball in. His goal against Motherwell was a superb finish for example. His goal today was a great header.

I've been a big critic of his in recent seasons but it is beginning to look like he is coming good - although it's fair to say that the fact it's taken so long for him to look like he has improved, is not exactly something he should be proud of.

sgt steve mcgarrett
10-09-2011, 15:18
when the chips were down?
his performances over the last 3 years at the business end of the season has gone a long way to winning us 3 leagues
he is not perfect but nowhere near as bad as you are making out

This is mental.

In 08/09 he scored one goal in a 3-0 win at Tannadice yet he 'won us the league'.

In 09/10 his record was comparably poor yet he scored a goal in a game with 5 games to go and 'won us the league'. Er...cos we'd have lost the last 4 games presumably.

In 10/11 he did have an excellent run of goals in the business end. About six games. Most certainly helped win the league, granted.

During this time I cant recollect a single goal in Europe, an OF or a cup final.

Not what I would expect of a Rangers forward. Maybe what others do. But not me.

I think what gets to me is his lack of football intelligence. Not his commitment or his desire. Others may rate the latter more important than the former - but the harder the game the more important football intelligence is.

sgt steve mcgarrett
10-09-2011, 15:19
if i knew what that meant i might be able to answer you but i will throw you a bone with Oleg Salenko

Stop gap - in and out in a season. Never heralded as anything other than a squad player.

Never called an 'important' player by the manager.

Punted at the earliest opportunity.

Incomparable.

Rheindahlen_Blue
10-09-2011, 15:20
Now looks like a vital cog in the machine and you cannot argue with his recent scoring record. Links well with Naisy and I like the look of him playing in the more central role.

JellaFella
Superb goal today.

Tam Forsyth 1973
Kyle is doing well of late hopefully he keeps it up. He took his goal well today though he could still work on his aerial ability.

dublinbluenose
10-09-2011, 15:21

try Sandy Clark,Sebo,Iain ferguson all way worse than Lafferty

Ubik
10-09-2011, 15:22
i hate to think of today's performance as stepping up for lafferty. poor performance in a team of poor performers, except davis.

..Obi-Wan..
10-09-2011, 15:22
Ive got man love for K Laff :D

aldo30
10-09-2011, 15:23
No.

His touch is appalling.

If you are not on a fishing trip you obviously are a clown.

A tad.

Bet he didn't celebrate when Lafferty scored today, or at Rugby Park Or Tannadice twice.;)

Mongo post of the season goes to SSM

fishpakora
10-09-2011, 15:23
This is mental.

In 08/09 he scored one goal in a 3-0 win at Tannadice yet he 'won us the league'.

In 09/10 his record was comparably poor yet he scored a goal in a game with 5 games to go and 'won us the league'. Er...cos we'd have lost the last 4 games presumably.

In 10/11 he did have an excellent run of goals in the business end. About six games. Most certainly helped win the league, granted.

During this time I cant recollect a single goal in Europe, an OF or a cup final.

I think what gets to me is his lack of football intelligence. Not his commitment or his desire. Others may rate the latter more important than the former - but the harder the game the more important football intelligence is.

Agree with a lot of this BUT there is no denying his recent form has been that of a different player.

sgt steve mcgarrett
10-09-2011, 15:24
try Sandy Clark,Sebo,Iain ferguson all way worse than Lafferty

Sebo in and out in a year. Incomparable.

Sandy Clark and Iain Ferguson - pre-Souness revolution. Ferguson had a lot of football talent and realised this more with Dundee United (maybe a victim of the Charlie Adam syndrome). Clark may have been a lump of wood but he took much of the burden from a young Alistair McCoist who in turn flourished. Oh and Clark contributed the odd goal or two in OFs, including at least one final.

sgt steve mcgarrett
10-09-2011, 15:26
If you are not on a fishing trip you obviously are a clown.

A tad.

Bet he didn't celebrate when Lafferty scored today, or at Rugby Park Or Tannadice twice.;)

Mongo post of the season goes to SSM

You bet I did:scarf: And I'd love him to score the winner next week.

Hang on...I've got to go and sign for a telegram now....:)

bigbluebroxi
10-09-2011, 15:26
This is mental.

He has made a lot of his appearances, certainly before january this year, at left midfield. The end of last season and the start of this is the first he has had a prolonged run up front, and he has certainly done the business.

He scored 15 (16 if you give him the goal at the piggery to make it 1-1) goals last season, not bad considering it was a pretty stop start season for him.

His decision making us suspect at times, however he does have a degree of guile. Hs movement and control are good, and he can create chances for himself.

2 tough away games in a row he has scored important goals now aswell.

simply_the_best
10-09-2011, 15:28
Another fine goal from KL, like the OP I've always thought that there was a player in there, hopefully now we will reap the benefits of a far more mature player than the raw talent we paid for.

baystatebear
10-09-2011, 15:29
Unquestionably, Lafferty's game has improved over the last 9 months or so. He has not only scored some vital goals for Rangers, but some of them have been the product of an excellent finishing technique. Whilst Lafferty has outgrown the earlier caricature that had seen him portrayed as a hapless buffoon for whom Rangers, inexplicably, paid close to 4 mil. pounds, nevertheless, there are still too many rough edges and inconsistencies to his game that prevent me from becoming a true believer.

sgt steve mcgarrett
10-09-2011, 15:30
Another fine goal from KL, like the OP I've always thought that there was a player in there, hopefully now we will reap the benefits of a far more mature player than the raw talent we paid for.

This is the fouth year in a row that we've seen posts like this on the board.....maybe I'm just irrationally impatient.

Ah well....football....opinions etc. Go on Kyle, ram this back down my throat....starting next week pls!

dublinbluenose
He has made a lot of his appearances, certainly before january this year, at left midfield. The end of last season and the start of this is the first he has had a prolonged run up front, and he has certainly done the business.

He scored 15 (16 if you give him the goal at the piggery to make it 1-1) goals last season, not bad considering it was a pretty stop start season for him.

His decision making us suspect at times, however he does have a degree of guile. Hs movement and control are good, and he can create chances for himself.
2 tough away games in a row he has scored important goals now aswell.

the chance he had in the first half was created by himself taking the ball and turning the defender just unforynate he couldn't get a good contact on it as he would have scored

Bowery Boys
No.

His touch is appalling.

What a ridiculous post. It's blatantly obvious that you've got a personal dislike for him.

Pollok-Loyal
10-09-2011, 15:31
Took his goal really well today, was also unlucky with 3 shots on goal that were all heading into the bottom corner, big player for us, hopefully he does the biz next week too.

sgt steve mcgarrett
10-09-2011, 15:31
the chance he had in the first half was created by himself taking the ball and turning the defender just unforynate he couldn't get a good contact on it as he would have scored

Sorry fella....but the old adage that 'if my auntie had balls.....' springs to mind!

I won the euro lottery last night...if it hadnt only been 7 then Rangers would be in wonderland!

bigbluebroxi
10-09-2011, 15:35
Sorry fella....but the old adage that 'if my auntie had balls.....' springs to mind!

I won the euro lottery last night...if it hadnt only been 7 then Rangers would be in wonderland!

Some twat from the crowd threw a fecking beach ball on the pitch in front of him just as he got into a position to shoot FFS!!

braeside58
10-09-2011, 15:35
I like Kyle and hope he continues his good form with us.

Andy_Fraser
10-09-2011, 15:36
Thought he was rather poor today, granted he scored the winner but I thought he could of done alot better with some of his chances/ link up play.

menghai
10-09-2011, 15:39
A mixed bag today. Could've been better in spots, but scored a very good goal. I think he's shown that he can link well with Jelavic, and that's our best pairing at the moment.

Calio
10-09-2011, 15:40
Good effort from the big man, we were in need of a good finish to beat that utd team today and he supplied it, as he often does.

Hope he keeps up his great run of form. :)

The-Wall
10-09-2011, 15:45
No.

His touch is appalling.

http://www.dubberware.com/Prod_Images/attention_seeker_m.gif

charlie charlie
10-09-2011, 15:49

Quite similar to "if we had a different striker he'd get goals aswell he is playing up front for Rangers" then isn't it which is basically one of the more moronic things you've said in this thread, the other one being "he is terrible in the air" a few hours after him scoring a header which gave us 3 points.

Get a ****ing grip.

maxitax 2
10-09-2011, 15:56
Got to say he looks alot better now he playing as a striker! Took header well and was unlucky when pernis knew nowt when the ball hit him! Keep it up big man!:):):D

the_baron
10-09-2011, 15:58
He's maturing as a player , he still isn't living up to his price tag for me yet though.

Womble2011
10-09-2011, 16:01
A true blue that loves the Rangers. That'll do me

http://i54.tinypic.com/2vwial2.jpg

Just realised my post count.

A fitting post I'd say ;)

mabawser
10-09-2011, 16:02
think the jury is still out..... the last 2 seasons hes had a cracking end to the season but until he starts doing that throughout the season I will refrain grom singing his praises just yet.

He has definatly improved and that probably coinsides with him playing in his position up front. Time will tell but heres hoping he steps up abd scores a barell load this season!!!

blueman14
10-09-2011, 16:03
Good start so far just hope the big man keeps it up.

Gio Van Bronckhorst
10-09-2011, 16:22
He reminds of Novo.

Not in the way he plays, I think he has limited ability but he scores big goals.

Dunantblue
10-09-2011, 16:49
He more than deserves his place in the team for now, is adding real value, is playing well in the SPL and in light of those facts it frankly doesn't matter a **** if he does not appeal to the OP and his ideas about the class of centre forward rangers should have playing week in week out.

Wisny me
10-09-2011, 17:14
If hitting the ball directly at the keeper counted as a goal Kyle would win the Golden Boot every season. lol. Seriously though.... he is showing signs of improvement. Keep it up wee man.

aldo30
10-09-2011, 17:24

Has big Kyle shagged your wife, burd, sister, mum, aunt, gran, niece or all in past 4 years~?? Certainly seems like it with your positive threads/posts towards the big fella. ;)

Dave_Rfc
10-09-2011, 18:12
I have always loved the big man! He shows he can be a good player, he needed to quit all the stupidity and over the past year or so he has done that well, and played a vital part in us winning the league last season and i am sure he will again this season if he can stay fit!

scotsmandoc
10-09-2011, 18:28
completely over the top

The original poster your replying to is an absolute nut by the sound of his post, bet he wasn't saying this when lafferty was scoring goals that won us the league the last few yrs, only this year has he been played up front in his natural position, the past few yrs he's been our full time left midfield, that guy needs to get a grip and roofie himself and have a lie down

fairs fair
10-09-2011, 20:13
I think he could be brilliant, but I see him havin stinkers too often, hes got it , skill, touch but I wish he could be more aggressive attacking the ball, wish he had that Hateley gallasness

alibongo11
10-09-2011, 20:48
For all his faults he NEVER gives up we could be doing with more like him:ni::scarf::scotflag:

W.A.T.P 72
10-09-2011, 20:52
Another crucial goal today. Looks to be continuing were he left off last season which is a good sign.

Earl of Leven
10-09-2011, 20:54
General play was not great but he did score the winner which could be crucial later this season. Still looks short of the skill set required to be a decent striker but this is SPL and he will score in a Rangers team, and we need him to score. No complaints if he does it next week too.

gee203
10-09-2011, 20:55
Cracking centre forward and missed Jela alongside him today!

The Middle Bear
10-09-2011, 20:58

I'll go for that. Seems to take the more diifcult chances, the one where he missed from bout 2 yards out today was frustrating, although well blocked should've had the ability to put it away IMO....

instructor
10-09-2011, 21:40
Use him paired with Jelavic, don't knock high balls to him from deep, keep it on the ground and he looks good. Scored with a rare good header today and the cross was from a good angle. He has something to offer if you play to his strengths.

crmpicco
10-09-2011, 22:19
I thought he was ok today, great finish for the goal.

"Kyle Lafferty, Kyle Lafferty, He's 7 foot and he plays the flute, Kyle Lafferty"

onetruesaxon
10-09-2011, 22:22
still nowhere near worth the money we paid for him,but improving

blueoracle60
10-09-2011, 22:32
Cracking player

When it counts, he will deliver

Can't wait for next week..Jela and him up front..yes

He's scored great goals when we've needed it

Has played (for the jersey) whens he's not been 100%

The CSC scottish mHedia has done a job on him ..but the big man's always had the last laugh

Pace, control, work-rate, knows where the goal is

Billy Urquhart Loyal (wee joke) - but remember him, Henderson, Colin West days gone by. We have Jelavic; Laffs; Naisy :cool::)

skyger
10-09-2011, 22:51

Billy Urquart` Ally Scott `Andy Kenedy` Ostentead` and many more.

Ranko
11-09-2011, 00:05

That would be awesome if he did mate:)

sgt steve mcgarrett
11-09-2011, 00:07
Billy Urquart` Ally Scott `Andy Kenedy` Ostentead` and many more.

Woah woah woah woah.....yet again a list of strikers that is comparing apples to oranges.

None of the above players stayed in the team for 4 years. None were called 'important players'. None of them carried the bulk of our burden into an OF week.

Lafferty is a big ball of energy - an occasional goal yes, but reliable? More chance of him getting a yellow card next week than a goal. Anyone care to provide any evidence otherwise?

As for 'he has delivered when it matters' pysh. Again I see no one has countered my myth buster that he did not actually win us the league in 08/09 and 09/10. I discount 10/11 from my myth buster as he actually did make a notably postive contribution in the last six games or so (though failing to score in the six pointer game again).

This guy is not reliable enough to be the Rangers centre forward. He makes a lot of poor decisions and a lot of moves break down with him. That's simply not good enough. Against this he does try hard and has a desire to win. That's fine against the diddy teams. It doesnt cut it in the OFs or Europe though. Sadly.

Go on big Kyle, here's an egg, chuck it hard at my face next weekend...

instructor
11-09-2011, 00:11
Lafferty is a good striker, not great, he is not the dud some people thought, both in the media and on this board, he does do well when Jelavic is supporting him.

Loves To Spooge
11-09-2011, 00:14
Woah woah woah woah.....yet again a list of strikers that is comparing apples to oranges.

None of the above players stayed in the team for 4 years. None were called 'important players'. None of them carried the bulk of our burden into an OF week.

Lafferty is a big ball of energy - an occasional goal yes, but reliable? More chance of him getting a yellow card next week than a goal. Anyone care to provide any evidence otherwise?

As for 'he has delivered when it matters' pysh. Again I see no one has countered my myth buster that he did not actually win us the league in 08/09 and 09/10. I discount 10/11 from my myth buster as he actually did make a notably postive contribution in the last six games or so (though failing to score in the six pointer game again).

This guy is not reliable enough to be the Rangers centre forward. He makes a lot of poor decisions and a lot of moves break down with him. That's simply not good enough. Against this he does try hard and has a desire to win. That's fine against the diddy teams. It doesnt cut it in the OFs or Europe though. Sadly.

Go on big Kyle, here's an egg, chuck it hard at my face next weekend...

Sadly I agree with you.

el tipo borracho
11-09-2011, 00:14
completely over the top

Me too seen Colin Mcadam now that was brutal

sgt steve mcgarrett
11-09-2011, 00:21
Me too seen Colin Mcadam now that was brutal

Could score in OFs.

According to Wikipedia he scored 32 goals in 99 appearances for Rangers (including at least one v Celtic). Laafferty has apparently scored 26 in 87 games for Rangers. None in Europe that I recall and none against Timmy. A poorer return than the Big hairy beast from nearly 30 years ago.

Oh dear.

sherbrook_loyal
11-09-2011, 01:32
On his day, Lafferty's the only unplayable forward in the SPL.

A first goal against the scum next week has to be on the cards...

blueboyblue
11-09-2011, 02:02
No.

His touch is appalling.

Don't get it? why the annoyance - hatred? Always thought the big guy was Raw but as he is coming of age in my opinion he is getting better. Also against Maribor i'm sure he was just back from injury & maybe not up to match speed (if so, managements fault not his).

Manticore
11-09-2011, 02:15
He's one of those 'enigmas'.

scotts52
11-09-2011, 02:15
Lafferty seems to be scoring alot now, which is good for us especially with us only really having jelavic. if jelavic is fit next week i would play the both of them up front.

burnleybank8463
11-09-2011, 02:22
My thoughts are that I rated him when he arrived, and that I continue to rate him.

He also seems to have matured a little since arriving at the club (i.e., the silly haircuts are now gone, he looks to be in better physical condition).

bucks72
11-09-2011, 02:52
Big lafferty is a young man with a big future IMO

Granted he is sometimes frustrating but he is getting better all the time. There are some on here who will never change their minds, even if the guy improves.

He has shown a willingness to work at his game and his weaknesses - that is a big plus in itself.

Keep it up big yin, heres hoping next week is another stepping stone in your career

sgt steve mcgarrett
11-09-2011, 02:54
On his day, Lafferty's the only unplayable forward in the SPL.
A first goal against the scum next week has to be on the cards...

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Brilliant

:)

Bowery Boys
11-09-2011, 03:59
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Brilliant

:)

Wow. You're so cool.

sgt steve mcgarrett
11-09-2011, 04:06
Wow. You're so cool.

Hey he started it.

Kenny Miller scored 21 goals in the first half of last season. That shows what is achievable in this Rangers team by a modestly talented English Championship player......

I do humbly apologise for tearing my hair out at the state of our club and the dross we are being served up. I now realise the error of my ways and will head off to bed to write by Santa list...

72 Blue
11-09-2011, 04:16
Thank f*ck we're getting to see him as a striker and not a winger ( although that's not his fault). He's improved no end since he first came to us and if you play a defence splitting pass for him to run onto from about 20-18 yards out he's as good a finisher as we've had for a while.

Absolute sh*te dancer though and I dread to think what he'll be like at a family wedding when he's in his 40's. :blink::eek::)

williamstown
11-09-2011, 04:46
He's a big champion.

macsloyal
11-09-2011, 04:54
Lafferty has everything needed in a top class striker. He will score next week, as will Jela. :)

macsloyal
11-09-2011, 04:55
And what had happened to the Laffbott? :D

Bille
11-09-2011, 05:08
Have to admit I was a big critic of his off field activities while willing him to do it on the park. Eventually even I became frustrated and really did,nt believe he could make it at Ibrox. Towards the end of last season and the start to this season he is starting to win back my confidence. However, I will give it a bit longer to show the sort of consistency we require.
Certainly he will never get in the Hall of Fame as our greatest ever forward but I expect a lot from him this season. He owes us a consistent season.

macsloyal
11-09-2011, 05:19
Have to admit I was a big critic of his off field activities while willing him to do it on the park. Eventually even I became frustrated and really did,nt believe he could make it at Ibrox. Towards the end of last season and the start to this season he is starting to win back my confidence. However, I will give it a bit longer to show the sort of consistency we require.
Certainly he will never get in the Hall of Fame as our greatest ever forward but I expect a lot from him this season. He owes us a consistent season.

Parking in disabled car parking spaces? :eek:

Adelphi
11-09-2011, 06:25
Jelavic is the better player on almost every level, including finishing. Thats why he is a 10 million player and most on here would say Lafferty would be off if we got a bid of 3 million.

ray mac
11-09-2011, 10:39
If i had to bet my house on one of them through on the keeper i am sorry it would not be Big Laff

Sutton_Blows_g0ats
11-09-2011, 10:56
Lafferty has good compOsure when finishing, alot of goals are 'passed' into the net and he lob of the keeper for the title clincher was sublime. Still a young guy, had his injury problems but someone with his awkward frame will do, he can still fulfil the potential.

paulb1912
11-09-2011, 10:57
Anyone agree?

Yes I agree

toadegree
11-09-2011, 11:01
I will take on as many cyberpints as possible that Jelavic scores more than Lafferty over the season, hopefully 35 to Kyle's 34. :p

rosstheger
11-09-2011, 11:05
I'm not sure. :D

Has his good days and his bad ones.

barrheadbear
11-09-2011, 11:10
It all depends which Jelavic we are talking about - last season's Jelavic would outscore Lafferty with ease however this season's Jelavic gives the impression he just ain't interested and some of the misses he has had this season, especially in Europe, actually give the impression we have signed a player who is not natural goalscorer.

BroxiBlue
11-09-2011, 11:13
Yes he is a better finisher imo.

Based on end of season form or over the piece?????? :confused:

Jela by a country mile.End of.

blue nose giraffe
11-09-2011, 11:16
I would say they are similar. Both seem to score the more difficult chances and miss the easier ones when they have more time to think.

W.A.T.P 72
11-09-2011, 13:19
Been a massive Lafferty fan since he signed. We are a better side with him through the middle in my opinion. His work rate his excellent and i feel this can be his best season for us. With two goals to his name already he has certainly started well, considering he is not fully fit yet. Would love him to score next week. It would give me huge satisfaction to see him score v the scum. Its also vitally important Jela is it for next week as him and Kyle have a good partnership. Absolutely thrilled we have both of them in our squad.

Bowery Boys
11-09-2011, 13:27
It all depends which Jelavic we are talking about - last season's Jelavic would outscore Lafferty with ease however this season's Jelavic gives the impression he just ain't interested and some of the misses he has had this season, especially in Europe, actually give the impression we have signed a player who is not natural goalscorer.

Again with this shite, what does it even mean? Interesting that no one seems to mention he's been carrying a knock. But why stick to the facts when you can speculate about him not giving a shit? :roll:

Baxter79
11-09-2011, 13:36
I honestly do not know why any Rangers fan can moan about a Rangers partnership of Jelavic n Lafferty right now.

Injury's aside, there is no way this pair cannot score a bucket load of goals in the SPL.

ttbluenose
12-09-2011, 10:59
No.

His touch is appalling.

I honestly think he's on the wrong board even with 4000+ posts! :angel:

As for the OP Kyle is an infinitely better finisher - no contest!

Obviously!!!! :ni:

http://i55.tinypic.com/dfhefk.jpg

:roll:

;)

The Predator
12-09-2011, 11:01
It is a hard one to call IMO.

sgt steve mcgarrett
12-09-2011, 12:45
I honestly think he's on the wrong board even with 4000+ posts! :angel:

As for the OP Kyle is an infinitely better finisher - no contest!

Obviously!!!! :ni:

http://i55.tinypic.com/dfhefk.jpg

:roll:

;)

I must be sleeping, I really really really must be wallowing in oppositie world. its like the Emperor's new clothes on here.

Not one person has credibly challenge my 'he won us the league three times in a row' myth buster.

I've shown that even Colin McAdam had a better goal record in an inferior Rangers team (when we were coming 4th/5th etc not winning the damned thing).

If this guy can match his yellow card count in OFs with goals then maybe maybe I'd relax a bit. Or show something in Europe. Even just a goal. One goal to give foundation to this 'he's unplayable' absolute mania!!

In Jan 07 he was in the papers saying how honoured he was that a club like Celtic were making a bid for him (of 500k). So all this 'he hates timmy pysh' doesnt work with me when he was seduced by them before getting his opportunity to play for us. He is just another player. No more, no less.

He is a ball of energy and will of course get an occasional goal. What people on the thread have to appreciate is just how utterly desperate I am for him to prove me wrong and score a barrowload this season, starting this weekend pls pls pls.

Davemc043
18-09-2011, 17:47
Has any player ever turned it around as much as the big man?

IMO hes as good a striker as Jelavic! :)

blueismycolour
18-09-2011, 17:50
The big man had a stormer today and we are now finding out that we have a

player that has what it take's to be a Rangers legend.

ger4life
18-09-2011, 17:51
LOL knockers

suramericaranger
18-09-2011, 17:51
You bet.

I was hugely critical of Lafferty, many of us were and we quite rightly.

But he is a player who I am very happy to see play up front.

TheWorks
18-09-2011, 17:52
Talking of knockers. A great set on the Byrd behind ally today.

Copperhead
18-09-2011, 17:52
You bet.

I was hugely critical of Lafferty, many of us were and we quite rightly.

But he is not a player who I am very happy to see play up front.

:D Is that what you meant to type?

blueismycolour
18-09-2011, 17:53

Aye, very nice. :D

StefanKlos
He plays so much better when he is played through the middle.

Feel The Burn
He is impressing me at the moment

Teddyjohn
18-09-2011, 17:54
He is playing really well right now. Long may it continue.

suramericaranger
18-09-2011, 17:54
:D Is that what you meant to type?

Oops.

A few beers since the win or I am a moron. I'll let you decide.

Buddiebearette
18-09-2011, 17:55
he really has come good
and Edu too.....two players who have taken a lot of flak from us

ABear
Showing a lot more maturity. Long may it continue he was excellent today

PartickGer
Got hung out to dry on the left, must be played through the middle or not at all.

laudrup
18-09-2011, 17:56
He is a player that when we initially signed from Burnley, I was very unsure of, but after seeing his home debut against Hearts where he scored I could see a player.

I'm absolutely delighted that people are starting to see that he can be a very good asset for us. He might have missed some great chances today but he never hid and eventually got his reward, apart from that, he is a very good team player as he puts in a massive amount of work.

Jimmy Mac
18-09-2011, 17:57
Yip he has really changed my opinion couldnt see him doing it at Rangers but he looks a real player now.

Richie-XR2
18-09-2011, 17:58
yeah i hold my hand up, i was a knocker but the big man has turned his game around and im happy to say he's one of our better players now :)

Treble_yell
18-09-2011, 17:58
Maybe best not to get carried away, he took his goal well ( and the one that should have been) but those 2 misses should not be forgotten. The big man plays well with Jelavic, but isn't as good as him , I certainly wouldn't want Lafferty leading the line on his own , or as the main striker if Jela gets injured.

Sam_English
18-09-2011, 18:00
Lafferty has screwed the nut and is now reaping the rewards.

austin travis
18-09-2011, 18:00
cheer up mate and enjoy the day

templebluenose
18-09-2011, 18:01
Maybe best not to get carried away, he took his goal well ( and the one that should have been) but those 2 misses should not be forgotten. The big man plays well with Jelavic, but isn't as good as him , I certainly wouldn't want Lafferty leading the line on his own , or as the main striker if Jela gets injured.

Totally agree

AnglianBear
Lafferty was always a player that was going to flourish, hes a confidence player and now hes found it. Didnt help with his injuries previously.

crookie_bear
Him and Jela are a fantastic partnership

toofurrapound
18-09-2011, 18:03
He led the line last week and scored without Jalevic

Those 2 misses should not be forgotten? Why?
Because you don't want to forget them, a few players missed chances today

gersbear9
big kyle your a star mate no surrender b

georgeclooney
He has now got confidence to go with his ability. In the early days he was trying too hard and the ball was not running for him.
I am sure Ally has had a long chat with him and maybe watching what Boyd did before he left has made Lafferty a better player.

struthpark
18-09-2011, 18:04
He's got all the attributes, except in the air and he puts in a fair shift. Sometimes the whole isn't the sum of the parts, but its coming together

DEXAVIA
I was especially pleased for him today as he has been a target for our opponents and not that well supported by some of our own.

Jaws II
He said knockers!:D

struthpark
He has now got confidence to go with his ability. In the early days he was trying too hard and the ball was not running for him.
I am sure Ally has had a long chat with him and maybe watching what Boyd did before he left has made Lafferty a better player.

Think that's fais comment, although he'd also learn from what Boyd didn't do.

fishpakora
18-09-2011, 18:05
Big Kyle 'Laughatme' they used to call him....Aye well Timmy He who laughs last...

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/55440000/jpg/_55440895_rangers_goal1.jpg

boris
18-09-2011, 18:07
I think today`s goal will make him feel even better about himself. Great finish last week and got himself into positions to threaten today.

lone_ranger
18-09-2011, 18:07
I was ready to see him leave probably this time last year. He's improved massively though and plays extremely well with Jelavic, Davis and Naisy.

I think he's matured as a player since he joined us and has now started learning from McCoist and paying attention to Davie Weir.

An example of sometimes we, as a support, need to be a bit more patient.

turrabear
18-09-2011, 18:10

any photo's

Patlabor
18-09-2011, 18:11
Works his socks off and sometimes guilty of trying too hard to the detriment of his play. There's a player in there though.

ginjan
18-09-2011, 18:12
Just think he keeps getting better and better, hopefully this will be another good year for him!!

Ryan RFC
18-09-2011, 18:12
A bit more composure today and he'd have left that field with the match ball. Got himself in great positions but his bottle went every time. He just hasn't got any ice in his veins when it comes to one-on-ones.

He also needs to correct his footwork when going for a header, he misjudges the flight of the ball a lot and he starts shuffling back trying to get whatever he can on the ball instead of directing it in. Even a fix as simple as that would add another 5 goals onto his end-of-season total.

Other than that, he's playing a far bigger role with Rangers now than probably even the most optimistic of Rangers fans would have anticipated a season or two ago.

Leo_Ger
18-09-2011, 18:13
Some on here will struggle to give him the credit he deserves, for whatever strange reasons.

I thought only Naismith was better than him today and that he put in a tremendous shift the whole time he was on the park. I was delighted for him to get his goal and it looks like he was incorrectly denied another.

9 goals in his last 8 SPL games.

Whitey_22
18-09-2011, 18:15
10 in his last 10, really coming into his own recently.

I never believed he had it in him, delighted to be proved wrong!

itb
18-09-2011, 18:16

dont want to be negative on such a cracking day but yer man her is right

Thejela18
18-09-2011, 18:17
Did what good strikers do, scoring after missing chances previously. Head never went down kept working never hid. Love the big man.

MTG1977
18-09-2011, 18:17
I always knew he had it in him, and make no apologies for getting 2 different folk in headlocks for abusing him at ibrox.

Having said that if we are honest today he missed two absolute sitters, incredibly bad header and the gift from el kittibilly , which he managed to tap wide:eek:

However what i admired is he didnt let it get him down and persisited until he got his goal, he showed the no surrender attitude we all need .

:cool:

Treble_yell
18-09-2011, 18:24
He led the line last week and scored without Jalevic

Those 2 misses should not be forgotten? Why?
Because you don't want to forget them, a few players missed chances today

Unwind your panties , the big man played well, but as per usual , a good result coupled with a good performance and we have people saying he is as good as Jelavic. We are quick build up players , I just feel he still has a bit to go before he deserves some of the plaudits we have started to throw at him.

That being said , I think he will be a big player for us this year , if him and Jelavic can stay fit and get a run of games together , coupled with Naismith's form , we could have a forward line that scores a lot of goals.

Walsall Loyal
18-09-2011, 18:25
Confidence player, with allys encouragement and a good run in the teAm he'll have a good season

rabboon
18-09-2011, 18:47
true he missed chances but he put himself into a position to get these chances and kept at it until he got his goal well done to big kyle nobody tried any harder than him he ran his heart out

MrBrownstone
18-09-2011, 18:49
The big man has been great recently, long may it continue.

rosstheger
18-09-2011, 18:52
Lafferty isn't on the same planet as Jelavic in all honesty :D

But the big man is performing well and seems to be making that jersey his own.

thanks sdow
18-09-2011, 18:52
Has any player ever turned it around as much as the big man?

IMO hes as good a striker as Jelavic! :)

you were doing well there until you said hes as good as jelavic .

masterblue
18-09-2011, 18:57
All i can say is thank fook for sex.

Miss Scotland passed has really made a man out of this boy,he has impregnated a beauty and he has done what all good men do,fallen for the other sex,she is now telling him get your act together big yin because after youve done on top of old smokie,your days of being a chancer are gone,hence now we have the big yin acting like a real man.

blueoracle60
18-09-2011, 19:42
A bit more composure today and he'd have left that field with the match ball. Got himself in great positions but his bottle went every time. He just hasn't got any ice in his veins when it comes to one-on-ones.

He also needs to correct his footwork when going for a header, he misjudges the flight of the ball a lot and he starts shuffling back trying to get whatever he can on the ball instead of directing it in. Even a fix as simple as that would add another 5 goals onto his end-of-season total.

Other than that, he's playing a far bigger role with Rangers now than probably even the most optimistic of Rangers fans would have anticipated a season or two ago.

Don't agree - he made openings from nothing, anticpated situations well, worked the flanks, drew fouls/free-kicks, defended from the front. He came off at the end wasted - good shift. He's still not fully match fit.

He brings a freshness to the team that I can't remember seeing in a Rangers front man for a long time - maybe Colin Stein

Yes, he could have scored 4-5 but the taig assistant knocked one off (wrongly/rightly for the Bheggars) and the earlier one was also borderline. the decision is meant to favour the forward. The 2/3 easier ones were split second decisions that he didn't do so well with.

Well done the Ulster Gazelle:)

Rheindahlen_Blue
18-09-2011, 19:47
Took a while to settle and had injury issues/positional issues. Now looking worth every cent that we paid for him. :)

evil-monkey
18-09-2011, 19:51
so glad for him that he finally got a goal against the tims!

Took his goal well but as another poster mentioned earlier he could easily have had the matchball.

Euan
18-09-2011, 19:56
He is a player that when we initially signed from Burnley, I was very unsure of, but after seeing his home debut against Hearts where he scored I could see a player.

I'm absolutely delighted that people are starting to see that he can be a very good asset for us. He might have missed some great chances today but he never hid and eventually got his reward, apart from that, he is a very good team player as he puts in a massive amount of work.

For me the first performance that convinced me of Lafferty was also against Hearts, but the game later in that season where he played like a man possessed, we were 2-0 up and then he got injured and we ended up drawing 2-2.

Plenty of ups and downs since then, but the boy is so difficult to defend against - simply put, he's bigger, stronger and faster than most defenders, and he has a good touch and can finish. If the big man has a good game, which he is doing increasingly often, there's not much the opposition can do to stop him.

Deejj206
18-09-2011, 19:59
The league cup final last year when he was pair in a 4-4-2 with Jelavic against the mongs was a real turning point for big Laff.

It seemed to give both him and the management the belief that we could go 4-4-2 against them and he was brilliant that day as well.

cweir
18-09-2011, 20:00
delighted to see him score against them,well deserved

Ambiorix
18-09-2011, 20:01
The knockers Kyle has had:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-plqG0_e6k1Y/TWHRAbNmFuI/AAAAAAAADSE/4uIF64xR4ro/s1600/United%2BKingdom%2B-%2BNicola%2BMimnagh-3.jpg

W.A.T.P 72
18-09-2011, 20:05
The big man has started the season superbly. He has continued his form on from the last few months of last season. Was excellent today and deserved his goal. Ran his socks off today as well.

bearonabike
18-09-2011, 20:05
It's taken a while but he is certainly coming good. Great to see him scoring against that mob as they despise him.

I think his lovely missus has had a big part in sorting his nut out.

bearonabike
18-09-2011, 20:06
The knockers Kyle has had:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-plqG0_e6k1Y/TWHRAbNmFuI/AAAAAAAADSE/4uIF64xR4ro/s1600/United%2BKingdom%2B-%2BNicola%2BMimnagh-3.jpg

She is fannytastic

WeeBudsBud
18-09-2011, 20:07
Guaranteed the faithful at Torbett Towers won`t be calling him laugherty now :)

Bigfoot
18-09-2011, 20:10
He has got to keep it going. Hopefully his apparant change in attitude will continue. No more pissing about Kyle. Still frustrates me at times, but there is a player in there somewhere. Keep it up.

bobby1873
18-09-2011, 20:13
I've defended him on here & to my mates for a long time & thankfully I'm being proved correct (for once), my faith that he would come good never waned ... honest.

RFC_Sooty
18-09-2011, 20:15
Jelavic and Lafferty is a fantastic partnership. It's an unlikely one but it works!

Lafferty is a 1st name on the team sheet player now.