PDA

View Full Version : Pre matchday rituals at Ibrox

beowulf
22-07-2011, 16:22
Have been a season ticket holder since 1978 and my Saturday home games are like an old tradition that dies hard. Leave south side of Glasgow on public transport about 11, bus into just before the King George V bridge, another bus along Paisley Rd West, put all my football bets on, couple of drinks at various social clubs behind Swallow hotel, meet editor of fanzine for a wee chat at John Greig statue, grab something unhealthy (?) to eat, have a wee gander at the stalls that sells badges and flags, watch the minor game that is being played opp. Edmiston Drive, meet family and relations inside the Govan front. Would I change this ritual - nah, this is my Rangers-supporting life and I wouldn't change it for the world.

Bodie Broadus
22-07-2011, 16:24
leave house at 1.30pm

park up near the ASDA govan

walk to stadium and buy a program from the seller at the corner of main stand and broomloan

have a look round the club shop and never buy anything!

pie and a coke bought inside stadium for me and old boy

put on a fiver coupon

take my seat about 2.30pm

its never changed in almost 15 years!

Geeedubya
22-07-2011, 16:27

It might have to on Saturday. ;)

Bodie Broadus
22-07-2011, 16:27
It might have to on Saturday. ;)

that is a fair point :D

bloo
22-07-2011, 16:28
train into argyle street early doors,breakfast in the crystal palace then a few beers,walk over to ibrox another couple in a local hostelry, after game walk back into town and more swally in the crystal palace before gettin a train...back to my flat about ten.....dont think the ex missus liked me being out nearly all day on a football day hence the ex......but hey it is the rangers after all eh !

Hernandez
22-07-2011, 16:29
that is a fair point :D

you've missed all the early kick offs :(

beowulf
22-07-2011, 16:29
leave house at 1.30pm

park up near the ASDA govan

walk to stadium and buy a program from the seller at the corner of main stand and broomloan

have a look round the club shop and never buy anything!

pie and a coke bought inside stadium for me and old boy

put on a fiver coupon

Yeah that's part of my ritual too, just like getting out the cold.

ClassicistBear
22-07-2011, 16:31
Have a fry up, read the paper, saunter down the road for the train, get off at Partick, subway over, chat to a few kent faces outside the ground, purchase my various reading materials (both fanzines and programme) head in, get some scran and then ease myself into the seat and let the entertainment begin....

Sadly due to tomorrow's moronic kick off time, this once leisurely pursuit will have to be sped up...

london_bluenose
22-07-2011, 16:32
Leave the house the previous day.
Stay overnight in Mansfield.
Leave between 4:30am and 7am depending on the Kick Off time (11am for Midweek matches).
Arrive in Glasgow typically between 12 and 12:30 for a 3pm game.
Pub.:D
Into the ground at about 2:55.

Sorted.