PDA

View Full Version : Has Jardine gone yet?

karanja
18-06-2011, 13:48
He has no job under the new set up.Great player for the club but an arrogant bassa.

JandySardine
18-06-2011, 13:51
Theres only one Jandy Sardine!

Sam_English
18-06-2011, 13:53
Jandy,Jandy,jandy in royal blue...

numberoneallover
Theres only one Jandy Sardine!

thank **** :p

50/50bear
Always found Sandy a true gent,as a player and in recent years to, John Greig great captain,but not a very nice person.

TheHost
18-06-2011, 13:54
He may be kept on to talk up ra tic

he's fkn great at that

JandySardine
18-06-2011, 13:57
Jandy,Jandy,jandy in royal blue...

That could catch on.

Did you see my video in the lounge singing the genesis song?

Sam_English
18-06-2011, 13:59
That could catch on.

Did you see my video in the lounge singing the genesis song?
No,never seen it.

Enclosure Blue
18-06-2011, 13:59
Jardine, fantastic player, terrible ambassador....

JandySardine
18-06-2011, 14:02
No,never seen it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=db1xAUn0E_A&feature=related

Sam_English
18-06-2011, 14:06
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=db1xAUn0E_A&feature=related

Great voice,but you need to take the sheen off the dome.

Jan Fabel
18-06-2011, 14:06
Always found Sandy a true gent,as a player and in recent years to, John Greig great captain,but not a very nice person.

"Always found Sandy a true gent..."

You must have been talking to a Sandy Jardine impersonator, then. From personal experience and the misfortune of having to engage with with him several occasions, Jardine is a vile arrogant man and a devious liar. I am sure there a many on here who could relate anecdotes about the disgraceful behaviour of this awful man.

thomyorke_legend1
18-06-2011, 14:07
Why is he so hated? I've met him once and he was nice enough. Seems to devote a lot of time to the heritage side of the club, which can only be encouraged IMO.

If being an arrogant bassas is enough to get him sacked, then half of Scottish footballers will be out of a job!

Colinstein72
18-06-2011, 14:11
Interesting stuff. It seems people either love him or hate him. Personally, I found him charming and sociable when I spoke with him briefly. However, a good friend of mine came out with exactly the same words you have:confused:

Very interesting that both Big John and Sandy are from Edinburgh and not Glasgow and yet are heroes in Glasgow.;)

You must have been talking to a Sandy Jardine impersonator, then. From personal experience and the misfortune of having to engage with with him several occasions, Jardine is a vile arrogant man and a devious liar. I am sure there a many on here who could relate anecdotes about the disgraceful behaviour of this awful man.

BlueKidG
18-06-2011, 14:12
Met him a few times through his son.

was always fine when I met him.

Up The Bracket
18-06-2011, 14:14
You cannot clear up 80 years of sectarianism in eight months, but we are a huge way down the road.

Quite simply, an arse.

RFC_Falkirk
18-06-2011, 14:15
People like him are symbolic of the Murray era. People with no time for the fans yet continuing to rise up within the club while the good guys are forced out.

Aldo_RFC_1872
18-06-2011, 14:17
I did a phone interview with him for my Graded Unit at college, and he was fantastic. Really friendly, gave me good answers and wished me all the best.

JellaFella
18-06-2011, 14:19
I would only want people to continue with us from the previous regime if they have a proven track record and something that they can stick on the table and say “this is what I have done over the last 5 years”.

As far as I can see Jardine aint done enough.

A stunning player who should be universally loved by Bears, and in some ways still is. But he has managed to damage his reputation with his actions away from the park, tells you how much an arse he had made of things.

Shay o' Turkey
18-06-2011, 14:20
Very interesting that both Big John and Sandy are from Edinburgh and not Glasgow and yet are heroes in Glasgow.;)

I don't get it. :confused:

kilpatricknick
18-06-2011, 14:52
He has no job under the new set up.Great player for the club but an arrogant bassa.

He was appointed 2 years ago to oversee the clubs scouting set-up.

I guess his future at Rangers wil be down to Gordon Smith once he starts

Mr Super Bad
18-06-2011, 14:55
In dealings I have had with him, I've always found him pleasant enough. I know that others have had different experiences, though.

But you would have to question what he does and whether he's needed for anything other than matchday hospitality now.

BlueWorldOrder
18-06-2011, 14:58
A true Rangers legend - an arse of a man. Hopefully he'll be clearing his desk as we speak.

paisleyprod
18-06-2011, 15:08
Jardine the man is horrid

berkshiretrueblue
18-06-2011, 15:10
I doubt he will be missed; just another hanger on given jobs under the Murray regime.

Tenchleysblue
18-06-2011, 15:16
Only met him once- seemed a gent with a real love for the club.

Sir Duncan Ferguson
18-06-2011, 15:19
http://www.rangers.co.uk/articles/20110422/help-us-restore-peace_2254024_2344724?

Arsehole doesn't even come close to covering it...

coplandrearl36
18-06-2011, 16:04
A true Rangers legend - an arse of a man. Hopefully he'll be clearing his desk as we speak.

Well I hope he is better at clearing his desk than he was of sorting the Rangers Archives, a lot of Rangers history ended up in skips and subsequently into the hands of people who had no interest in the items other than to make money from the items thrown out.

Excellent player though.

roaddog
18-06-2011, 16:14
Jardine , great player , arse of a person , he was once quoted as saying that Rangers supporters are a embarresment to the club , but yet he always talks highly of them from the other side

Texas Bear
18-06-2011, 16:29
When he does go, we'll give him a minutes applause. I'm sure that's what his family will want. :roll:

My only personal interactions with him have been at NARSA conventions, where he generally seems put out that he has to attend.

thomyorke_legend1
18-06-2011, 16:34
In dealings I have had with him, I've always found him pleasant enough. I know that others have had different experiences, though.

But you would have to question what he does and whether he's needed for anything other than matchday hospitality now.

As I said above, he told me he deals with the heritage side of things at Rangers. Has established an online database of every Rangers game, and gathers archives on the club. Most of the stadium tour stuff on display is his work too. Told me he is trying to get museum status for the stadium tour as so much is there on display.

Have only met him once, but would be interested to hear some stories as to why he is a bad guy.

pdee
18-06-2011, 16:36
i have been in his company many times ,i know he is not liked by the rest of the bacvk room staff,the best i can say for him is he is not a rangers man at heart,great player no doubt about that,he helps run the rangers benevolent fund and he is shite to deal with.

Reverend
18-06-2011, 16:40

His behaviour toward me a few years back at Narsa in Naples Florida was a disgrace.I live in the Usa he didnt know this,We are singing the Billy boys he comes running toward me screaming "Stop singing these vile songs'.His exact words. he continued "I will revoke your season ticket and ban you from Ibrox."To which I replied"This is the Usa I can sing what I want I live here now **** off"To which I am glad to report he did quickly.Great player terrible ambassador for this great club.

thomyorke_legend1
18-06-2011, 16:41
Interesting stuff. It seems people either love him or hate him. Personally, I found him charming and sociable when I spoke with him briefly. However, a good friend of mine came out with exactly the same words you have:confused:

What does that matter? Plenty of bluenoses here. Plenty of ex players and managers from Edinburgh; Souness, Bill Struth, Jock Wallace etc

Huistra23
18-06-2011, 17:25

I've said on here before,he's an arrogant,ignorant,ar****le,
was prepared to leave 4 bus loads of bears stranded in Auxerre when their buses had fked off back to Paris.thankfully 2 off duty guys from the British consul stepped in and sorted the matter out.
jardine's "reason" was,they weren't members of the travel club.

Oneupcasual1873
18-06-2011, 17:46
What does that matter? Plenty of bluenoses here. Plenty of ex players and managers from Edinburgh; Souness, Bill Struth, Jock Wallace etc

Technically Jock was born in Blackpool ;)

pedantic****loyal

Oneupcasual1873
18-06-2011, 17:49
Never met Sandy Jardine but i have met John Greig and it wasn't an experience i'd repeat in a hurry.
Probably need a tin hat here, but i met John Greig and Billy McNeill together at a do, Greig was an ignorant **** whereas McNeill, knowing we were bluenoses, stood and chatted away about fitba and the like whilst Greig hardly gave us the time of day tbh.

JD Fortune
18-06-2011, 17:51
Has established an online database of every Rangers game

Was there not a thread on here that he stole this database from a supporter? :confused:

masterblue
18-06-2011, 17:54
If you were to ask any Rangers fan who would be the bigger Bluenose Alex McDonald or Sandy Jardine,i dont think it would be a contest Wee Alex everytime.
So why when they both chucked management why didnt the wee man get a job at Ibrox,i think i know why hes not a crawler of the arse.

Captain_Buns
18-06-2011, 17:57
When he does go, we'll give him a minutes applause. I'm sure that's what his family will want. :roll:

My only personal interactions with him have been at NARSA conventions, where he generally seems put out that he has to attend.

Certainly seemed that way at Orlando. An arse of a man! ;)

RFC_Falkirk
18-06-2011, 17:58
Was there not a thread on here that he stole this database from a supporter? :confused:

The idea was stolen, according to "A Horse with no name".

bilkobear
18-06-2011, 18:22
His behaviour toward me a few years back at Narsa in Naples Florida was a disgrace.I live in the Usa he didnt know this,We are singing the Billy boys he comes running toward me screaming "Stop singing these vile songs'.His exact words. he continued "I will revoke your season ticket and ban you from Ibrox."To which I replied"This is the Usa I can sing what I want I live here now **** off"To which I am glad to report he did quickly.Great player terrible ambassador for this great club.

I met him a few times when he was a player.
He was obnoxious on each occasion.

I get the impression that Jardine has never really had much time for the support.

He has always pulled a good wage out of the club so I suppose he does his bit to justify the money he gets, but underneath it all I doubt he feels real empathy for the ordinary Bear or for much of the cultural reasons most of us find ourselves drawn to Rangers.

His comments in recent years would tend to identify him as a man who has been influenced by the mhedia agenda and the misuse of political correctness.
I saw him sell his sincerity and that of the club's over the Bobby Shearer silence, in an effort to mould his public posture into a shape he thought the phress and mhedia would find morally appealing.

He may have played for Rangers for a long time he may have worked behind the scenes for a long time, but he never stood on that terracing singing the songs and bonding with other supporters, and in truth he is not of our own and perhaps never can be in the truest sense.
I think he would be secretly glad to admit that as well.

I never saw a better Rangers player so consistent in his position for so long.
He was a fantastic footballer for Rangers and a man who showed a tremendous endeavour and work ethic to be the best that he could be.
He must easily be considered as one of the all time great players.

It poses a question; would Sandy Jardine voluntarily and freely spend so much of his time archiving the club's history if he was financially independent and able to do it without need of a wage?

I wouldn't ask this of anyone on this board for I am sure I know the answer already.

andydrum
18-06-2011, 18:35
only new him as the best right back in rangers shirt in the last 40 years dont give a shit if you like him now ,,,,,

berkshiretrueblue
18-06-2011, 18:42
only new him as the best right back in rangers shirt in the last 40 years dont give a shit if you like him now ,,,,,

He was good but I am not sure that he was any better than Gary Stevens. Thankfully I can go back further as well and can remember Bobby Shearer who was more a Rangers man than Jardine will ever be.

When a player retires from teh playing side only something special should keeep him at the club and looking at the comments I certainly don't believe that he warrants being at the Club now.

iaatpies
18-06-2011, 18:43
He's an arogant liar who's only real interest is in Sandy Jardine.

Blues_and_Twos
18-06-2011, 18:46
Sandy Jardine loves Sandy Jardine.

the bundy
18-06-2011, 18:59
one of my heroes as a kid , thought he was a better defender than greig .
true legend status..

bearger2004
18-06-2011, 19:02
As I said above, he told me he deals with the heritage side of things at Rangers. Has established an online database of every Rangers game, and gathers archives on the club. Most of the stadium tour stuff on display is his work too. Told me he is trying to get museum status for the stadium tour as so much is there on display.

Have only met him once, but would be interested to hear some stories as to why he is a bad guy.

Don't think he did:mad:

Sam_English
18-06-2011, 19:03
Never met the guy,but i know for a fact that he got the date of the Ibrox disaster wrong.

Sam_English
18-06-2011, 19:08
Don't think he did:mad:
'Iron Horse' (i think that's his moniker) who does the Rangers spreadsheet, and posts the link on here for downloading it,contacted Rangers to see if they were interested in his idea.Jardine told him he had already done one

Rabenutam
18-06-2011, 19:35
He was good but I am not sure that he was any better than Gary Stevens. Thankfully I can go back further as well and can remember Bobby Shearer who was more a Rangers man than Jardine will ever be.

When a player retires from teh playing side only something special should keeep him at the club and looking at the comments I certainly don't believe that he warrants being at the Club now.

I would agree with you re Bobby Shearer,a great player and a really nice man.
I thought that Sandy Jardine, was a very good player as was John Greig. But I have not found them nice people to talk to . After they moved in to admin at the club .
I as a boy met many great Rangers players of the 1950s, the only one I met as an adult was Mr W Waddell. I wish I had not, I am glad that many of my Uncles did not meet him in his later life . He was one of the most obnoxious men, I have ever met .

stevo1984
18-06-2011, 20:33
never had any dealings with him, really sad to read this

hate reading the threads that give ex players a bad name, even if some are true, never a good thing

IndonesiaBlue
18-06-2011, 20:40
With stevo on this.....much rather remember them for the good reasons!

CardendenGer
18-06-2011, 21:06
Hope he gets punted should be looking for a fresh start under the new regime

gogo25
18-06-2011, 21:11
Technically Jock was born in Blackpool ;)

pedantic****loyal

I thought he was born and bred in Wallyford ?

Did not know he was born in Blackpool.

rotherhithe
18-06-2011, 21:14
Apart from what he did as a player which was fantastic, he is simply, not very bright. I would hope the new custodian has a true meritocracy at the club so we can move forward. Sandy will then become a Hospitality host and nothing else.
A fine man, honoured by the Queen, who once worked for the club and knew him (Sandy) well used to call him an intellectual Pygmy.
That's about right in my experience but even if we the new owner did want to get him out, he'd have to hire a team of chutney miners to find Mr J from deep inside the dis-credited tan mans @rsehoooooooooooole.

king ranger
18-06-2011, 21:17
Bobby Shearer was a true Ranger,Jardine played and worked for us there is a big difference.