PDA

View Full Version : Leggoland - Now Whyte Chases Spin King

Grandmaster_Suck
25-05-2011, 09:47
http://leggoland2.blogspot.com/2011/05/now-whyte-chases-spin-king-exclusive.html

Rt. Hon. Bearman
25-05-2011, 09:49
Malcolm Tucker please.

agcooper
25-05-2011, 09:55
I can feed that appetite by revealing that Whyte is extremely concerned about the way Rangers have sat back and allowed the club's brand image to be tarnished.

For years Rangers fans have looked on in dismay as Celtic have been allowed to dictate the media agenda, with the shadowy figure of Alex Barr doing the Parkhead club's bidding as a consultant.

In fact, such was Barr's power, that there was even a period during which he acted as a consultant for both Celtic AND the Scottish Football Association at the same time.

This dreadful situation, and clear conflict of interest, only ended when I exposed it, and Barr's contract with an embarrassed SFA was ended.

thank God we finally have someone on the inside of this world telling us all what we suspected.

Craig Whyte
25-05-2011, 09:57
I can feed that appetite by revealing that Whyte is extremely concerned about the way Rangers have sat back and allowed the club's brand image to be tarnished.

He wants that stopped, and intends to appoint an Alastair Campbell-style spin doctor to turn things around.

Whyte is believed to be canvassing opinion on this appointment in business, media, legal and political circles in Scotland and England as he launches his nationwide search to unearth the best man for the job.

What he wants is someone with impeccable political contacts in London, Edinburgh and Glasgow, plus an inside knowledge of who's who and what's what among the movers and shakers in Scottish football.

That's quite the wish list. And quite exactly what we require. Badly.

tazzabear
25-05-2011, 09:57
Gordon Smith would be a lot of peoples favourite but, looking at what Leggat is saying is the criteria, Smith would have no chance.
I usually like to offer an alternative when I am dismissing somebody elses argument but, on this occasion, I am stuck.

stefanovitch
25-05-2011, 10:01
Campbell Ogilvie is a well respected football man in Scotland and UEFA but probably unknown in England.

We could find ourselves with someone who has or is working for a premiership club or even a Malcolm Tucker type.

47blue
25-05-2011, 10:12
Thats where Mr bains salary will be going

paisleyprod
25-05-2011, 10:15
seems a great idea to not allow the Tims to control the media and have a plan to address this.

ScoGovLoyal
25-05-2011, 10:18
It is indeed refreshing to have an owner committed to running us effectively.

HamishHendersonsKilt
25-05-2011, 10:21
That's quite the wish list. And quite exactly what we require. Badly.

Former SFA Head Of Communications worked for Tony Blair, as a government adviser in Holyrood, on the Commonwealth Games bid, left the SFA to become Director Of Communications at Strathclyde Police ;)

Oh aye and he's a Bear :)

tdotbear
25-05-2011, 10:26
been enjoying reading leggoland and hopefully his stance fighting for the club is being rewarded by tidbits from the inside instead of the rangers haters in the phress. keep up the good work leggo.

thats some cv the candidates got to have. bring in souness. end of :)

Pumbas_Nakasak
25-05-2011, 10:29
There does indeed seem to be a stream of info coming from Leggo ahead of the normal press pack.

A coincidence?

bearfaecumbernauld
25-05-2011, 10:33
Gordon Smith would be a lot of peoples favourite but, looking at what Leggat is saying is the criteria, Smith would have no chance.
I usually like to offer an alternative when I am dismissing somebody elses argument but, on this occasion, I am stuck.

We need a CEO to replace Bain when he goes - Smudger could easily do this role, but, we've also been linked to an ex Scottish rugby CEO (not sure of his name)

The PR role is another post altogether. I agree the club needs a spin doctor who has the contacts and knowledge to control all mhedia outlets.

No more easy targets for the mhedia to attack - I'm sure that's why BBC Scotland have finally put the spotlight on Shame FC at last!!!

Geeedubya
25-05-2011, 10:35
Malcolm Tucker please.

I'll see your Malcolm Tucker and I'll raise you Jamie MacDonald. ;)

Marske_Bear
25-05-2011, 10:37
Great stuff once again coming from inside Ibrox, at ast we are going to take the fight to the media scum. To long have we sat back and watched SDM and Bain keep their gobs shut when the club was being attaced by all and sundery.

Exciting times.

Whyte does need to break cover and tell us himself his plans for the club. We need a new wise CEO to steer the ship back on course so this must also be number one priorty.

Sir Drake of Caicos
25-05-2011, 10:43
Exciting times.

Whyte does need to break cover and tell us himself his plans for the club. We need a new wise CEO to steer the ship back on course so this must also be number one priorty.

I don't think he needs to tell us anything, the results of his changes will speak for themselves.

Marske_Bear
25-05-2011, 10:50
i disagree, he need to let us now his busines plan in good time, what he plans to do with the club, where he wants to look at raising new revenue and what is his time line for ownership.

Is he going to come in, transfrom then exit in 5 years or is he in for the long haul.

Positive actions so far that need some more meat on the bone.

Porto Loyal
25-05-2011, 10:56

Smith could handle the Bain/Contracts role (Like the guy at Parkhead that does that stuff), and we could get someone else for the spin doctor role.

AnimatedBlip
25-05-2011, 10:57
Exciting times indeed. Yet more positive notes to silence the scaremongers.

The filth have had their period of being untouchable.

"Come in No. 2, your time is up!"

Porto Loyal
25-05-2011, 10:58
Former SFA Head Of Communications worked for Tony Blair, as a government adviser in Holyrood, on the Commonwealth Games bid, left the SFA to become Director Of Communications at Strathclyde Police ;)

Rob Shorthouse? Good shout.

metalscobes666
25-05-2011, 11:12
more good stuff from leggo

heres the post i put on his blog

oh deary me more nonsense from those who who have allergies to soap and wear green and grey.

simple fact Craig Whyte is putting in his own board and the old board is being moved on, his observations have been echoed and shared by every rangers fan for years. for too long we simply sat back under a banner of dignified silence and allowed vermin to sling mud at us its a positive thing that Mr Whyte is prepared to come out and say enough is enough and the days of scumbag journos printing any old rubbish about the club are at a end.

good times to be a bear the double this season, 3 in a row, the 54th time, new owner, no debt, money for new players to bulk up the squad and the pain of our enemies on show for the world to see. thank you Timmy your pain makes me smile and as the weather forecast for the summer is "Thunder" free I think ill be smiling all summer GIRFUY.

funny how he seems to be a magnet for pedo fc fans comments :cool:

Saltire-Stevie
25-05-2011, 11:21
more good stuff from leggo

heres the post i put on his blog

oh deary me more nonsense from those who who have allergies to soap and wear green and grey.

simple fact Craig Whyte is putting in his own board and the old board is being moved on, his observations have been echoed and shared by every rangers fan for years. for too long we simply sat back under a banner of dignified silence and allowed vermin to sling mud at us its a positive thing that Mr Whyte is prepared to come out and say enough is enough and the days of scumbag journos printing any old rubbish about the club are at a end.

good times to be a bear the double this season, 3 in a row, the 54th time, new owner, no debt, money for new players to bulk up the squad and the pain of our enemies on show for the world to see. thank you Timmy your pain makes me smile and as the weather forecast for the summer is "Thunder" free I think ill be smiling all summer GIRFUY.

funny how he seems to be a magnet for pedo fc fans comments :cool:

Like it :);)

turrabear
25-05-2011, 11:32
if what leggo is saying is true then the future is bright . the future is red whyte and blue.

fluter
25-05-2011, 11:41
Very good blog David, He is getting a lot of inside info at the moment, long may it continue.

frankieboy
25-05-2011, 11:54
Well said,I personally would go for Gordon Smith or Souness,either of them would be a match for the crap up here.

Craig Whyte
25-05-2011, 12:18

Someone else knows who was maybe being alluded to by Leggat then :ninja:

And Rob is very much a bluenose.

the ranger
25-05-2011, 12:35
What he wants is someone with impeccable political contacts in London, Edinburgh and Glasgow, plus an inside knowledge of who's who and what's what among the movers and shakers in Scottish football.

Whyte has launched his hunt for someone who knows not merely the football writing fraternity. He wants a figure who carries a wider authority, and who also knows the buttons to press to keep newsdesks and political hacks, plus broadcasters, in line.

Chico Dung!!! It's surely an extract from his CV....