PDA

View Full Version : Will Calum Murray be their Ref of choice

captainscarlett
22-05-2011, 19:25
As the title says after his displays in the games against us and his performance yesterday in not sending off the baldy swede will he be give the high profile games next year.
Discuss

TPABear
22-05-2011, 19:26
Mr I can control the game Murray

LostSoulForever 2
22-05-2011, 19:27
I'm sure Neil Lennon was delighted that Murray took no action when the Motherwell player deliberately handled the ball on the edge of their penalty area, right in front of Murray.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

bazza53
22-05-2011, 19:32
Joke of a ref

Emearg
22-05-2011, 19:33
certainly helped them more than once in the cup this season

aldoshmaldo
22-05-2011, 19:41
He's just a poor ref.

Cap't Twitter
22-05-2011, 19:41
Have they ever lost when he has been in charge?

Emearg
22-05-2011, 19:43
Have they ever lost when he has been in charge?
that's a good question.

Someone will know.

Harry's Da
22-05-2011, 20:05
I'm sure Neil Lennon was delighted that Murray took no action when the Motherwell player deliberately handled the ball on the edge of their penalty area, right in front of Murray.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Surely the difference is that he seen one incident and never saw the other?

I questioned his integrity after the Cup game against us, I am now of the opinion he is just not very good at being a referee.

CAPT1239
22-05-2011, 20:13
He's not far off being Craig Thomson's best buddy

Thornliebank_Bear
22-05-2011, 20:13
As the title says after his displays in the games against us and his performance yesterday in not sending off the baldy swede will he be give the high profile games next year.
Discuss

Ofcourse he will, so will craig thomson, not good news for us.

Id hope the younger refs get more chances, they done a very good job last season but id expect most important games will be done by our most intimidated.

Mason Boyne
22-05-2011, 20:26

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Exactly. He cheated twice. There can be no other excuse.

namcpherson
22-05-2011, 21:00
He's just a poor ref.

Agreed.Not biased,just seriously bad at his job.

LostSoulForever 2
22-05-2011, 21:08
Exactly. He cheated twice. There can be no other excuse.

It could only be cheating. FFS.

jimbo 08
22-05-2011, 21:15
Wasnt he the ref in the 9 0 game for them against the sheep

weebear
22-05-2011, 21:16
Poor referee and he's intimidated by the scum.

Chapman Billie
22-05-2011, 21:22
Surely the difference is that he seen one incident and never saw the other?

I questioned his integrity after the Cup game against us, I am now of the opinion he is just not very good at being a referee.

He saw both clearly. But having decided not to enforce the laws of the game against the baldy Swede he knew he would be in deep sh*t if he booked or sent off Craigan. The fact is he should now be in even deeper sh*t by virtue of two horrendous mistakes.
The question needs to be asked: Why did he not book and send off the Swede? He saw the incident and gave the free kick. Guidi in the Mail said he was right because there were no Motherwell players near him when he handled which is utter bollocks. Deliberate handball is a booking offence. There are no caveats that I am aware of. I would hesitate to call Murray a cheat. I would not hesitate to call him a coward.

LostSoulForever 2
22-05-2011, 21:25
Wasnt he the ref in the 9 0 game for them against the sheep

No .

Harry's Da
22-05-2011, 21:27
He saw both clearly. But having decided not to enforce the laws of the game against the baldy Swede he knew he would be in deep sh*t if he booked or sent off Craigan. The fact is he should now be in even deeper sh*t by virtue of two horrendous mistakes.
The question needs to be asked: Why did he not book and send off the Swede? He saw the incident and gave the free kick. Guidi in the Mail said he was right because there were no Motherwell players near him when he handled which is utter bollocks. Deliberate handball is a booking offence. There are no caveats that I am aware of. I would hesitate to call Murray a cheat. I would not hesitate to call him a coward.

Having stopped watching after the second goal I have no idea if they showed pictures after the game that proved he 'clearly' saw it, the one's I saw during the game suggested that a motherwell player may well have been blocking his view.

If he never saw it, he can't give it.

The decision not to send off the 'baldy bastard' (copyright Naismith) was in my view shocking and highlights his ability as a ref.

Chapman Billie
22-05-2011, 21:33
Having stopped watching after the second goal I have no idea if they showed pictures after the game that proved he 'clearly' saw it, the one's I saw during the game suggested that a motherwell player may well have been blocking his view.

If he never saw it, he can't give it.

The decision not to send off the 'baldy bastard' (copyright Naismith) was in my view shocking and highlights his ability as a ref.

Looked to me as if the Craigan one happened right under his nose but you may be right and he was unsighted. You are absolutely right about "Baldy". Worst decision of the season - and there were plenty to choose from!

snoopyboymason
22-05-2011, 21:38
A coward imo

Gunther Netzer
22-05-2011, 21:44
Spoilt for choice really with Murray, Thomson, Brines, Conroy, O'Reilly and Muir.

What happened to Richmond.

ontheline
22-05-2011, 21:48
Discuss

Erm, in the Scottish Dup tie, he gave us a penalty sent off their keeper and we blew it. Don't reduce yourself to the rants of Joe O'Rourke.

He is a referee of International standing. Unfortunately injury reduced his number of games at that level.

Scotland should be proud of the amount of top class referees we have.

He has reffed them 16 times, including against the likes of Dundee and Berwick.They have won 10, drew 6 and lost 1

Emearg
22-05-2011, 21:49
He has reffed them 16 times, including against the likes of Dundee and Berwick.They have won 10, drew 6 and lost 1

Good maths there!

ontheline
22-05-2011, 21:51
Good maths there!
typo should have been 17:o

Emearg
22-05-2011, 21:52
Erm, in the Scottish Dup tie, he gave us a penalty sent off their keeper and we blew it. Don't reduce yourself to the rants of Joe O'Rourke.

He is a referee of International standing. Unfortunately injury reduced his number of games at that level.

If these stats are correct, then it's a bit different from the story when he does our games, 27 matches (11 more than them???) with 7 draws and 3 losses (2 of which where v celtc)

LostSoulForever 2
22-05-2011, 21:54
If these stats are correct, then it's a bit different from the story when he does our games, 27 matches (11 more than them???) with 7 draws and 3 losses (2 of which where v celtc)

But you're saying this like our results in any game are going to be determined by who is refereeing them. That it's not a coincidence that we've lost and drawn a certain amount of games with a certain referee in charge.

Harry's Da
22-05-2011, 21:55

His performance in the replay was enough for me to question his integrity at the time (now changed to think he is just not very good at what he does), the fact that he gave those decisions at Ibrox highlighted above, are we to now suggest he is influenced by a large home crowd and can't handle the pressure?

Hardly a ref meriting International standing is it????

ontheline
22-05-2011, 22:02
Reffed the Glasgow teams afgainst lower opposition in 2007/08 in cup ties.
Made his comeback to the SPL in 2008/09. You will never believe this

3 IN A ROW :):):)

ontheline
22-05-2011, 22:07
His performance in the replay was enough for me to question his integrity at the time (now changed to think he is just not very good at what he does), the fact that he gave those decisions at Ibrox highlighted above, are we to now suggest he is influenced by a large home crowd and can't handle the pressure?

Hardly a ref meriting International standing is it????

You and I both know Walter said we lost our discipline in the replay. Can hardly blame a referee for that.

Influenced by a large home crowd, you say? How do you qualify that, when he sent off Davie Weir and we lost 0-1 to ICT? When the scum failed to beat us at home in a must win game for the title in 2008/09?

Thornliebank_Bear
22-05-2011, 22:17

In the scottish cup replay he also turned in the most intimidated celtic friendly performance ive ever seen in my life and yes i include the games craig thomson has done recently in that.

3 Rangers players red carded in an old firm game we hardly made a bad tackle in. He wasnt shy with the red card that night was he ?

He also sent of Naismith for diving in the game at ibrox but decided to ignore celtic players diving in the replay.

I said yesterday celtic would probably have won anyway, i think they would have, but again there can be little doubt that another ref done them a huge favour in a very important game. If it had been a Rangers defender in a cup final against a diddy side there is little doubt the red card would have been out- it may even have been a red card for the 1st tackle which was a shocker.

Harry's Da
22-05-2011, 22:18
You and I both know Walter said we lost our discipline in the replay. Can hardly blame a referee for that.

Influenced by a large home crowd, you say? How do you qualify that, when he sent off Davie Weir and we lost 0-1 to ICT? When the scum failed to beat us at home in a must win game for the title in 2008/09?

Do you think Walter thought Boogie deserved to be sent off?

Our manners in public and the 'Rangers way' have been often questioned on here, but we will hopefully remain constant in my opinion.

The decision to send off Weir was a no brainer, the decision to send of Whittaker and then Boogie were certainly arrived at through player and crowd pressure, please don't argue that fact.

You keep going down this road OTL, you bring up an example to counter argue, the old saying two wrongs don't make a right springs to mind.

As already said umpteen times on here, if I can understand a decision I will accept it. I was probably the only one on here that accepted the Miller sending off against united at ibrox based on what I thought the ref saw.

What did he see the 'Big baldy bastard' (copyright Naismith) do when deliberately handling the ball yesterday?

Give me a decent explanation and i will accept it.

GS_hamilton
22-05-2011, 22:36
Thought he was terrible in the cup replay. Yesterday he tried to keep 22 players on the park. The conditions didnae help (slide tackles an all that), but he failed to apply the rules of the game, the swede and craigan should've be sent off.

Harry's Da
22-05-2011, 22:48
Thought he was terrible in the cup replay. Yesterday he tried to keep 22 players on the park. The conditions didnae help (slide tackles an all that), but he failed to apply the rules of the game, the swede and craigan should've be sent off.

The 'Big Baldy Bastard' (copyright Naismith) was seen committing his offence, Craigan wasn't.

He simply cannot give a decision he cannot see, he and his assistant seen the 'Big Baldy Bastard' (copyright Naismith) incident and gave a foul, I am still awaiting an explanation for what 'could' have been a match changing decision in deciding deliberate handball is not a booking and a subsequent sending off.

Trying to keep 22 players on the park simply doesn't work as an excuse, it never worked in the cup replay, so why the change of philosophy for the cup final?

Inept at best.

Ontheline will provide a counter argument I am sure.

GoldandBalls
22-05-2011, 22:48
Quote from Kenny MacDonald. Today's NOTW.

Re: Calum Murray. " In the last 9 Celtic games where he's been in charge, the Parkhead side have not only never lost but six opposition players have been red carded, including three in the Old Firm game in March. No wonder he's reputedly Celtic's referee of choice"

So it's not just us who are suspicious of some of Murray's decisions!

ontheline
22-05-2011, 22:53
Do you think Walter thought Boogie deserved to be sent off?

Our manners in public and the 'Rangers way' have been often questioned on here, but we will hopefully remain constant in my opinion.

The decision to send off Weir was a no brainer, the decision to send of Whittaker and then Boogie were certainly arrived at through player and crowd pressure, please don't argue that fact.

You keep going down this road OTL, you bring up an example to counter argue, the old saying two wrongs don't make a right springs to mind.

As already said umpteen times on here, if I can understand a decision I will accept it. I was probably the only one on here that accepted the Miller sending off against united at ibrox based on what I thought the ref saw.

What did he see the 'Big baldy bastard' (copyright Naismith) do when deliberately handling the ball yesterday?

Give me a decent explanation and i will accept it.

The sending offs in the replay have been long debated.
I have already said I did not watch the game yesterday as I had no interest in it.

You point out I always come up with facts to counter argue. Every set of supporters come up with this pish, the refs are all against them. It is simply not true. I will never ever go down this big conspiracy theory that timmy has clung onto for years.

Tables don't lie. PLG unfortunately by his own admission made mistakes and we lost the League. We won the League 3 in a row as we were the best. Ha, ha Samaras, we laughed at McKinlay 2 weeks ago. Tables don't lie regarding European places. Tables don't lie with referees. That is why Calum is placed near the top.

Thems the facts. Lets deal with it and go for 4 in a row

ontheline
22-05-2011, 23:00
Quote from Kenny MacDonald. Today's NOTW.

Re: Calum Murray. " In the last 9 Celtic games where he's been in charge, the Parkhead side have not only never lost but six opposition players have been red carded, including three in the Old Firm game in March. No wonder he's reputedly Celtic's referee of choice"

So it's not just us who are suspicious of some of Murray's decisions!

He is a Hearts supporter.
He sent off Nade against us.

Nothing really to be suspicious about is there?

GoldandBalls
22-05-2011, 23:07

Why would a journalist make a comment like that then?

Harry's Da
22-05-2011, 23:09
I have already said I did not watch the game yesterday as I had no interest in it.

You point out I always come up with facts to counter argue. Every set of supporters come up with this pish, the refs are all against them. It is simply not true. I will never ever go down this big conspiracy theory that timmy has clung onto for years.

Tables don't lie. PLG unfortunately by his own admission made mistakes and we lost the League. We won the League 3 in a row as we were the best. Ha, ha Samaras, we laughed at McKinlay 2 weeks ago. Tables don't lie regarding European places. Tables don't lie with referees. That is why Calum is placed near the top.

The fact of the cup game sending offs being debated already is mute, he made decisions based on pressure, that was and clearly is fact.

If you never watched the game yesterday and never saw the decisions made why are you coming on here and telling us he has 'international standing' as a defense when he clearly made decisions akin to an inept child.

I am more than happy we won 3 and will be going for 4 under Super Ally, lets not try and change the subject away from the point in question though.

It is getting very tiresome OTL, but it is fact, our officials are simply not good enough, this is not based on TV replays that can make officials look worse than they actually are through technology, this is down to basics.

Your defense is understandable but falling on very deaf ears, which can in reality hear perfectly.

ontheline
22-05-2011, 23:10
Why would a journalist make a comment like that then?
No idea, you will need to ask him
Has Crespo signed for the mhanks yet?

Do seriously think referees are to listen to criticism from these baffoons?

tambourineman
22-05-2011, 23:10
Hey OTL I saw a a poor offside decision on a Kazakhstan Division 3 game last week.

Explain that then!

ontheline
22-05-2011, 23:19
The fact of the cup game sending offs being debated already is mute, he made decisions based on pressure, that was and clearly is fact.

If you never watched the game yesterday and never saw the decisions made why are you coming on here and telling us he has 'international standing' as a defense when he clearly made decisions akin to an inept child.

I am more than happy we won 3 and will be going for 4 under Super Ally, lets not try and change the subject away from the point in question though.

It is getting very tiresome OTL, but it is fact, our officials are simply not good enough, this is not based on TV replays that can make officials look worse than they actually are through technology, this is down to basics.

Your defense is understandable but falling on very deaf ears, which can in reality hear perfectly.

It is not clear fact at all.
Whittaker was warned after his fiirst foul on the touchline. Was everntually cautioned. Had a further act of dissent, committed a further foul when no where near the ball. Whittaker done it. Whittaker lost his discipline.

Boogie was penalised for a foul. Boogie remonstarted with the referee, adding to his persistent misconduct throughout the game. Boogie done it. Boogie lost his discipline.

Walter agreed. Walter said we lost our discipline.
Walter faced the facts and sorted it. Walter led us to 3 in a row. Shame fc had their heads in the sand and blamed everyone else. Be like Walter, take your head out the sand, hold it high face the facts and be proud of our achievements

Calum was FIFA listed. Calum has refereed at International level. Calum is International class.

GoldandBalls
22-05-2011, 23:19
No idea, you will need to ask him
Has Crespo signed for the mhanks yet?

Do seriously think referees are to listen to criticism from these baffoons?

Didn't sound like actual critism. Read more like it's common knowledge that Celtic prefer certain referees over others.
Not sending off the baldy b*****d yesterday seems to justify their favoritism.
How did you see that one personally?

CPA Bluenose
22-05-2011, 23:21
He is a weak referee and the manks will exploit it.

He told the players at half time he didnt see craigans handball, which backs up sky tv showing 2 well players in his line of sight.
Not carding the baldy swede for deliberate handball was very poor.

Harry's Da
22-05-2011, 23:24
Whittaker was warned after his fiirst foul on the touchline. Was everntually cautioned. Had a further act of dissent, committed a further foul when no where near the ball. Whittaker done it. Whittaker lost his discipline.

Boogie was penalised for a foul. Boogie remonstarted with the referee, adding to his persistent misconduct throughout the game. Boogie done it. Boogie lost his discipline.

Walter faced the facts and sorted it. Walter led us to 3 in a row. Shame fc had their heads in the sand and blamed everyone else. Be like Walter, take your head out the sand, hold it high face the facts and be proud of our achievements

Calum was FIFA listed. Calum has refereed at International level. Calum is International class.

OTL, there is no point when you come away with that shite, sorry if offending but it is no more than that.

If Calum is international class, the international game is heading for major problems and a trip into technology which I don't want but will be forced upon us by inept refereeing of top class games of football.

Your defense is admirable but laughable at the same time in this instance.

ontheline
22-05-2011, 23:28

Didn't sound like actual critism. Read more like it's common knowledge that Celtic prefer certain referees over others.
Not sending off the baldy b*****d yesterday seems to justify their favoritism.
How did you see that one personally?

I often wonder if people actually read what I say, or just nick pick or try and put words in my mouth. Hence I get this

Harry's Da
22-05-2011, 23:31
I often wonder if people actually read what I say, or just nick pick or try and put words in my mouth. Hence I get this

Never tried to put words in your mouth.

You arrived in defense stating he is International class when not having seen his decisions of yesterday?

Why? Blind leading the blind???

That's a joke by the way.......................:D

Harry's Da
22-05-2011, 23:34
OTL, lets be honest now, there are decisions which we can all debate for a million years and others which are just strange.

Its not a personal go at you, but your defense at times leaves you open to attack.

GoldandBalls
22-05-2011, 23:34

So you're defending Murray with the Nade sending off but the debate is over Murray's decisions yesterday.
Why even involve yourself in the thread if you claim to never have seen the game?

ontheline
22-05-2011, 23:37
OTL, there is no point when you come away with that shite, sorry if offending but it is no more than that.

If Calum is international class, the international game is heading for major problems and a trip into technology which I don't want but will be forced upon us by inept refereeing of top class games of football.

Your defense is admirable but laughable at the same time in this instance.

Good. There is nothing inept about the performances.
It will help clarification fc see. it was a penalty when Broadfoot was fouled. It will help clarification fc see it was not a penalty at Tannadice.

Still waiting on appologies to be heard when the referees are proved to be right. It was nice to hear Walter stand up and say it was shame fc who were to blame for a season of controversy and recriminations.

Not only did Walter recognise we had a discipline problem in the replay, he recognises who is to blame for all the whinging about referees.. The man has class. I have already tried to envourage you to take a lead from him.

Your whinging and blaming is as laughable as tlb's and Joe O'Rourke's

westl
22-05-2011, 23:37
Like Brines ,"on another day " he may have given a red card ,he even demonstrated
the fact Monsterbitch handled it ,and you could clearly see in the replay him looking
at the flight of the ball before putting his hand out ,a no brainer yellow followed
by red IMO, bottled it as he did nt want to upset TLB on his day out at Hampden

DonegalBear
22-05-2011, 23:39
Maybe.....

ontheline
22-05-2011, 23:39
Discuss

So you're defending Murray with the Nade sending off but the debate is over Murray's decisions yesterday.
Why even involve yourself in the thread if you claim to never have seen the game?

Please. please, please read the board

GoldandBalls
22-05-2011, 23:44
Please. please, please read the board

Please please please read the rest of that sentence you just highlighted. You seem to pick and choose which bits are relevant.

Harry's Da
22-05-2011, 23:47
Good. There is nothing inept about the performances.
It will help clarification fc see. it was a penalty when Broadfoot was fouled. It will help clarification fc see it was not a penalty at Tannadice.

Still waiting on appologies to be heard when the referees are proved to be right. It was nice to hear Walter stand up and say it was shame fc who were to blame for a season of controversy and recriminations.

Not only did Walter recognise we had a discipline problem in the replay, he recognises who is to blame for all the whinging about referees.. The man has class. I have already tried to envourage you to take a lead from him.

Thanks for that..............

You do indeed have a talent, you can manage to turn any attention from inept refereeing onto another subject, well done you.

Calum was indeed international class in his handling of our cup game against them and his handling of the final.

Sleep well tonight, you deserve it.

At one time there was respect.............

covloyalrsc
22-05-2011, 23:58

I've highlighted you saying Boogie lost his discipline and I agree with your opinion. Rightly or wrongly he was receiving a 2nd Yellow Card.
The actions Boogie then chose to take, in my opinion should have resulted in a straight red card. The action Murray chose to take was a cop out, even though it would've have caused Rangers more harm.
With Murray choosing to take his course of action done Rangers a favour but no favours to grassroots refereeing.
International Class my arse..
Defend the defensible not the indefensible

ontheline
23-05-2011, 00:00
Please please please read the rest of that sentence you just highlighted. You seem to pick and choose which bits are relevant.
I did. The thread was not specific to yesterday.

Harry's Da
23-05-2011, 00:04
I did. The thread was not specific to yesterday.

Slippery character if ever i seen one ;)

ontheline
23-05-2011, 00:08
I've highlighted you saying Boogie lost his discipline and I agree with your opinion. Rightly or wrongly he was receiving a 2nd Yellow Card.
The actions Boogie then chose to take, in my opinion should have resulted in a straight red card. The action Murray chose to take was a cop out, even though it would've have caused Rangers more harm.
With Murray choosing to take his course of action done Rangers a favour but no favours to grassroots refereeing.
International Class my arse..
Defend the defensible not the indefensible

I agree with much of what you said.
That game was a tinder box. There were mistakes by both management teams, our players and officials. I have already criticised Iain Brines for manhandling management staff.

At grassroots level a player would recieve several years ban for that. It would never happen at senior level. That is an anomaly we all need to live with.

Calum did state he felt it was an act of emotion as opposed to an act of aggression.

GoldandBalls
23-05-2011, 00:09
Slippery character if ever i seen one ;)

Typical referee if you ask me. >:)

ontheline
23-05-2011, 00:11
Typical referee if you ask me. >:)

Typical loud mouth who shouts off his mouth without reading or listening if you ask me>:)

Bomber_Jackson
23-05-2011, 00:12
Awful ref whose erse collapses at the sight of green and white.
He should be demoted.

GoldandBalls
23-05-2011, 00:15
Typical loud mouth who shouts off his mouth without reading or listening if you ask me>:)

Won't react to that comment.

I'll use your 'Arsene Wenger defence 'and pretend i never seen it! :cool:

Harry's Da
23-05-2011, 00:15

So cutting OTL.

Rather suits your on line profile.

A bit like mine, not worth bothering about, the difference is I know my worth.
;)
Keep kidding yourself on.

Emearg
23-05-2011, 00:59

What tables and who compiles them?

That may just be the crux of the matter. We won the league because based on a points system of 3 for a win and 1 for a draw we got 1 point more than celtc. Referee tables are not clear cut. They are based on opinion. Two people could watch the same game and give the ref two very different marks, so how can you say tables don't lie, when they very clearly could easily be manipulated?

ontheline
23-05-2011, 01:05
What tables and who compiles them?

That may just be the crux of the matter. We won the league because based on a points system of 3 for a win and 1 for a draw we got 1 point more than celtc. Referee tables are not clear cut. They are based on opinion. Two people could watch the same game and give the ref two very different marks, so how can you say tables don't lie, when they very clearly could easily be manipulated?

In the early mid 70's they were clearly manipulated.
Clubs used to mark the referee and the tables drwan from there.

Problem was. If a referee had low marks, was set to be demoted a division, a team fighting relegation would give him a high mark, so they would not have him the following season. Simalarly, if a Club did not like a referee with high mark and were fighting for promotion, they would give him a low mark in order they did not get him the following season.

It meant good referees could be kept at a lower level. Poorer referees were being kept at a higher level.

Clubs cheating referees and then having the cheek to moan.
Who would have thought it:blink:

tambourineman
23-05-2011, 01:38
If Murray is so anti us and pro the unwashed why did he not put the boot into Boogie for manhandling him?

Thornliebank_Bear
23-05-2011, 12:05
If Murray is so anti us and pro the unwashed why did he not put the boot into Boogie for manhandling him?

Probably because he felt a bit guilty about how pro celtic the performance was and could understand why Boogie was raging.

Its fear hes scared, same as craig thomson.

53easy
23-05-2011, 12:06
He's a coward like Thomson which makes him a cheat.

The Predator
23-05-2011, 12:15
Murray has baffled me this season. I thought he looked to be one of the best up and coming referees in our country. He has seemed to go backwards this year. His decision making and lack of control in games has been dreadful.

53easy
23-05-2011, 12:18
Murray has baffled me this season. I thought he looked to be one of the best up and coming referees in our country. He has seemed to go backwards this year. His decision making and lack of control in games has been dreadful.

He's never been the same since he lost control of the oldfirm game at the end of last season 2-1

He bottled out of giving Rangers a penalty that night for a clear handball and sent McCulloch off after McGeady dived.

suramericaranger
23-05-2011, 12:20
His performance at the pigsty this season was the worst I have seen from a referee in recent years. Tellingly, the taigs thought he had a wonderful game.

In our games not involving celtc I think he is actually far from the worst.

Thornliebank_Bear
23-05-2011, 12:22

Its important to point out that the performances we are seeing in the most important spl and cup games by murray and thomson are exactly what neil lennon, mad joe, mark guidi and so many other celtic journos were looking for.

This is why these people spend so much time trying to pressure the referees, they know it works.

Emearg
23-05-2011, 12:23
His performance at the pigsty this season was the worst I have seen from a referee in recent years. Tellingly, the taigs thought he had a wonderful game.

In our games not involving celtc I think he is actually far from the worst.
my big concern is that Murray and Thomson are regarded by the press, and the SFA as two of the top refs in the country. I'm sure it's no co-incidence that celtc like getting them as their ref, and we hate getting them.

We have the worst record imaginable under both of these two. If it was just a case of them being bad refs, everyone would be losing out, but it seems that celtc do well under these two, and we do badly.

suramericaranger
23-05-2011, 12:30
my big concern is that Murray and Thomson are regarded by the press, and the SFA as two of the top refs in the country. I'm sure it's no co-incidence that celtc like getting them as their ref, and we hate getting them.

We have the worst record imaginable under both of these two. If it was just a case of them being bad refs, everyone would be losing out, but it seems that celtc do well under these two, and we do badly.

Yup, I agree. First off, I do not think there is any 'conspiracy' or anything like that, it is childish to even suggest it.

But looking at Murray's performances in the last 2 OF games he refereed is actually depressing. How many blatantly terrible decisions went in celtc's favour?

Thompson is a nutter. Almost everytime we have him there are utterly bizarre decisions against us.

As for the media, look at the reporting of the 1-0 cup defeat. Murray had a fantastic game we were all told. I may add ex-referees were gushing in their praise.

Without doubt Murray and Richmond will be getting the big celtc games from now on. I suspect with a little help from their friends, Collum will be going the way of McCurry.

ontheline
23-05-2011, 16:34
Its important to point out that the performances we are seeing in the most important spl and cup games by murray and thomson are exactly what neil lennon, mad joe, mark guidi and so many other celtic journos were looking for.

This is why these people spend so much time trying to pressure the referees, they know it works.

Remind me of the two referees who reported tlb this season, thus he had to serve a ban.

It just does not all add up

Thornliebank_Bear
23-05-2011, 18:27
Remind me of the two referees who reported tlb this season, thus he had to serve a ban.

It just does not all add up

I didnt actually know murray had reported lennon to tell you the truth but performances on the park much be pretty woeful if you have to focus on something thats not going to cost them points or prizes. Yes i suppose celtic moan about everything but if i was reid or lawwell id be quite happy with the odd touchline ban for the manager if games continue to be reffed in the same manner. Notice how they dont seem to be too unhappy with referees now despite losing a cup final and the league to Rangers.

It adds up to me mate, i see fear every time these guys go on the park, thomson in particular looks as though hes seen a ghost. They are absolutely terrified and find making big decisions against celtic very difficult. You will say we won the league which is true, but we could easily have lost if had the intimidated penalty at ibrox went in and as you know the scottish cup defeat at the piggery was probably the weakest performance by an official in scottish football history.

lofty450
23-05-2011, 19:28
Well this is my first post and I like to think I give an honest opinion! The ref was having a bad game at the start so Neil Lennon threatend to substitute him for being too fair thats when he started to play the celtic way and give them major decisions which helped them win the cup! Instead of poor motherwell playing against 10 men which would have been seen by the sympathetic media as unfair to the sympathetic seeking Club of Scotland they found themselves (as with a few other spl clubs this season) playing against 12 men which ofcourse was seen as fair by the er sympathetic media and the er moaning sympathetic seeking club known as selthick oh I mean celtic ofcourse! If rangers want to retain the league next year they might be advised to put the boot into the sfa and referees now.