View Full Version : Our Team now....

glasgowrangersno1
21-03-2011, 12:01
McGregor
Whittaker Bougherra Weir Papac
Davis Hutton
Weiss Naismith Wylde
Jelavic

Alexander, Foster, Cole, Edu, Diouf, Lafferty, Healy.

With Bartley, McCulloch, Ness and Broadfoot all still to come back, things don't look as bad as people made out.

Captain_Buns
21-03-2011, 12:02
2 up front please. ;)

NovoWonderland
21-03-2011, 12:07
McGregor
Whittaker Bougherra Weir Papac
Davis Hutton
Weiss Naismith Wylde
Jelavic

Alexander, Foster, Cole, Edu, Diouf, Lafferty, Healy.

With Bartley, McCulloch, Ness and Broadfoot all still to come back, things don't look as bad as people made out.

That, but with Naisy just off the big man

glasgowrangersno1
21-03-2011, 16:10
What is this obsession with 2 up front.

You can play attacking with 1 central striker.

townhead ranger
21-03-2011, 16:18
If we could get Bartley and Weiss in next year we'd have an extremly strong starting 11. With a left back/right back probably still needed.

Greegs

Whittaker Boogie Bartley Papac

Weiss Davis Ness Wylde

Jelavic Naisy

Sadly I can't see us keeping hold of all of they players but if we could it'd be a really strong first 11.

BODiE
21-03-2011, 16:19
Bit unfair to drop Lafferty from yesterdays performance

True Blue Trooper
21-03-2011, 16:23

Agreed, As well as his performance on Thursday! he's finally in form! keep him playing when he's playing good.

..................Mcgregor

..Whittaker..Weir..Bougherra..Papac

..Weiss....Davis....Naismith....Wylde

..............Jelavic..Lafferty

Our In form team... and could really do some damage ;)

townhead ranger
21-03-2011, 16:30

I agree but also think it'd be unfair not to start Vlad after yesterdays contribution.

whitbyontbear
21-03-2011, 16:30
We still need a ball winner in midfield.
McGregor

Broadfoot Boogie Bartley Papac

Hutton Davis Ness Wylde

Jelavic Naismith

True Blue Trooper
21-03-2011, 16:31
I agree but also think it'd be unfair not to start Vlad after yesterdays contribution.

Why not start both?

whos_the_dado
21-03-2011, 16:32
McGregor

Whittaker
Bougherra
Weir
Papac

Weiss
Davis
Hutton
Wylde

Naismith

Jelavic

4-4-2/4-5-1/4-3-3

townhead ranger
21-03-2011, 16:33
Why not start both?

We could but I don't think Wylde merits being dropped after PSV and the cup final :D

True Blue Trooper
21-03-2011, 16:33
We still need a ball winner in midfield.
McGregor

Broadfoot Boogie Bartley Papac

Hutton Davis Ness Wylde

Jelavic Naismith

And i reckon its way too harsh to even consider dropping Whittaker, especially after yesterday.

One of the first players on the team sheet for me, He'll show his importance in the coming weeks, no doubt about it

True Blue Trooper
21-03-2011, 16:34
We could but I don't think Wylde merits being dropped after PSV and the cup final :D

if you look up the page you'll see my suggestion of a team. none of the 3 are worthy of being dropped :p :)

townhead ranger
21-03-2011, 16:37
Why not start both?

It's essentially 5 forwards and 1 midfielder though.

A bit to attacking for my liking.

True Blue Trooper
21-03-2011, 16:39
It's essentially 5 forwards and 1 midfielder though.

A bit to attacking for my liking.

Exactly what we need to rattle lesser teams that we face week in, week out, whilst playing exciting, attacking football in the process.

imWATP
21-03-2011, 16:41
If we could get Bartley and Weiss in next year we'd have an extremly strong starting 11. With a left back/right back probably still needed.

Greegs

Weiss Davis Ness Wylde

Jelavic Naisy

Sadly I can't see us keeping hold of all of they players but if we could it'd be a really strong first 11.

This is our best 11 imo. Weir in for Bartley and that should be our starting 11 the rest of the season. Hutton in for Ness until hes back.

townhead ranger
21-03-2011, 16:42
Exactly what we need to rattle lesser teams that we face week in, week out, whilst playing exciting, attacking football in the process.

It's not as simple as sticking as many attacking players on the pitch as possible.

I admit it looks good on paper but in reality it's far to dangerous a line up.

Another natural mifielder is essential imo.

GWilson10
21-03-2011, 16:43

Greegs

Weiss Davis Ness Wylde

Jelavic Naisy

That would be a great team if we could get them and keep them together for a few years

True Blue Trooper
21-03-2011, 16:51
It's not as simple as sticking as many attacking players on the pitch as possible.

I admit it looks good on paper but in reality it's far to dangerous a line up.

Another natural mifielder is essential imo.

Naismith has the grit and determination to follow his man back and win that ball back.

Wylde has shown he is fit and pacey, and being brought through the youth system as a left back, he'll have no problems on his defensive side, he will do that all day for rangers.

And finally, Weiss, that is the part he has admitted is the part of the game he needs to improve most on, he will be wanting to prove to himself that he can do it, and not just on one off occasions.

Yes, it's an attacking team, but the midfield is packed with players filled with determination, that in itself could make it possible to go into such an attacking style. I personally would have no worries if we lined up with that!