PDA

View Full Version : kenny mclean

Davis_True_Blue
17-12-2010, 15:45
st mirren player nails his colours to the mast here :

St Mirren starlet Kenny McLean is heartbroken after his hopes of realising a boyhood dream and playing at Ibrox were dashed by burst pipes.

The 18-year-old had remained on the bench when the Buddies played the SPL champions at St Mirren Park in a 3-1 defeat last month.

But the lifelong Gers fan had been hoping to tread the Ibrox turf tomorrow and retrace the footsteps of his hero, Geordie footballing genius Paul Gascoigne.

McLean explained: “I used to go to Ibrox as a kid along with my dad and Gazza was my hero. He was so skilful on the ball and the way he would beat his man had the crowd on their feet every time he had the ball.

“Back then I hoped one day that I would get the chance to play at Ibrox and I was hopeful that opportunity would come my way tomorrow.”

The gutted youngster added: “Obviously when we played Rangers at the beginning of the month I didn’t get off the bench and it was frustrating. But now to have the chance to realise my dream taken away by burst pipes is a sickener.”

The left-sided midfielder is seen as one of the Paisley club’s outstanding young talents and has already sampled action against the Old Firm after starting in Saints’ 1-0 loss to Celtic, which was settled by Gary Hooper’s injury-time strike.

Despite the defeat, the young Buddie reckons that game, more than any this season, has convinced the Paisley men that they can compete with the big two.

McLean said: “I think we got a big lift from the Celtic game which is maybe an unusual thing to say because we lost. But the point was that we competed really well on that day.

“A lot of that has been down to us changing to a 3-5-2 system which we did against Rangers a couple of games before the Celtic fixture.

“It has definitely made us a lot harder to beat and we are squeezing the opposition sides a lot better.”

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/editor-s-picks/saints-kid-kenny-robbed-of-chance-to-emulate-hero-1.1075112

good on him left sided midfielder as well :)

Steven_Gers
17-12-2010, 15:52
Get him signed **** it !

fluter
17-12-2010, 16:07
Young David Barron another bear

Arthur Daley
17-12-2010, 16:27
He is heartbroken, gutted & sickened.
Surely Bain should issue a personal apology for ruining his Christmas

Davis_True_Blue
17-12-2010, 17:30
He is heartbroken, gutted & sickened.
Surely Bain should issue a personal apology for ruining his Christmas

would you not be he is finally getting his chance to play for st mirren gets his game against the rangers taken away from him i know if i was ment to be playing on saturday i would be raging

stubear1873
17-12-2010, 18:14
he used to be with us and we let him go, i hope he does really well and comes back, a good friend of him and his family

stevo1984
17-12-2010, 18:41
followed young kenny since he was a kid, worked with his dad for years

spent most of his time at aberdeen, at the gers for a few season, then off to st mirren

SlavBilic
17-12-2010, 19:20
followed young kenny since he was a kid, worked with his dad for years

spent most of his time at aberdeen, at the gers for a few season, then off to st mirren

I recognised this name I was full time at aberdeen when he was bout 13 or 14 n remembered him being a crackin wee player with excellent left foot. I was sure villa looked at him when he was akid as well? U might no better than me

elfideldo
17-12-2010, 19:50
Kenny is a good player Rangers released him halfway through under 16's, it looked like they were undecided between Kenny and Rhys McCabe. They kept both of them at under 16's as non contract players, in then Dec/Jan Rhys got a contract and Kenny was released.

Maybe he will get back sometime in the future

morrow56
17-12-2010, 20:41
Remember watching the Buddies game against the Tims on the telly - thought young Kenny McL. had an excellent game

stevo1984
18-12-2010, 00:18
I recognised this name I was full time at aberdeen when he was bout 13 or 14 n remembered him being a crackin wee player with excellent left foot. I was sure villa looked at him when he was akid as well? U might no better than me

he sure did, went down a few times but i think thats when he opted for the rangers

scottyboy_1
18-12-2010, 00:36
Young David Barron another bear

good bear doesnt hide it either and loves the loyalist tunes haha:)

KAB
18-12-2010, 03:19
Oh boy!

The mendicants tried to get one of St middens ball boys the sack for suspecting he was a bluenose!

What will they try and do to this poor boy?

DONT answer that - it's rhetorical!

:)

Well done Kenny son - you will get to score a goal for Rangers one day (in the re-arranged fixture I hope;))

essie_rfc
06-03-2011, 20:18
Done well against us today. Tired towards the end, his set-pieces gave us alot of problems though.

govanstan
06-03-2011, 21:04
good lad, hope he gets his wish

stevo1984
06-03-2011, 21:06
thought he had a good match today, st mirrens best player

have we let a good prospect go through our fingers, or do you's think he would be a squad player at most and st mirren is his level?

the boy is rangers daft, not that it means anything in this generations game

thommo2006
06-03-2011, 21:10
Didnt see anything in him to suggest he would do anything with us, granted I don't watch him regularly but on today's performance he is at his level

53easy
06-03-2011, 21:11
What position did he play today?

essie_rfc
06-03-2011, 21:12
My brothers mate, he done well today some left peg on him.

http://forum.*****************/showthread.php?t=717162

Ardoyne RSC
06-03-2011, 21:14
I don't think he played all that well, to be honest. Lots of effort, involved a lot but achieved very little - a bit like most of our players

scoot78
06-03-2011, 21:16
What position did he play today?

Left wing.

rosstheger
06-03-2011, 21:19
He did well, but I'm sure we have better youngsters in our youth squads.

stevo1984
06-03-2011, 21:20
thought he had a cracking left foot on him at dead balls
he was in and out of central mid and left mid

Sam_English
06-03-2011, 21:21
I think he's only 19,or thereabouts.

KAB
06-03-2011, 21:25
Done well against us today. Tired towards the end, his set-pieces gave us alot of problems though.

We need someone who can take set-pieces for us.

We dont have any.

Anyway - since this has been bumped - lad done well. :)