PDA

View Full Version : Mid field power house req.

b burns
23-02-2011, 09:55
Gers are lacking leadership amd power in the midfield the mhanks inthe last three games exposed this we need to get someone in there fast any body at the club who fits the bill?.

Estoo
23-02-2011, 11:59
I think that was Walter's thinking with Bartley and he looked the part against 'Well before being overawed at the weekend I guess.
The guy's clearly a defender though so it's always going to be a gamble putting him in there. Don't know who else at the club could do that role though.

berkshiretrueblue
23-02-2011, 12:05
Bartley will do a job but he will be back at Arsenal for next season.

McCoist needs a mature player who can walk straight into the side and play that role. We don't have anyone that even comes close at present.

If we could pick up someone late 20's or even 30, who could do the job for a few seasons while someone younger is developed into teh role that would be a plus. If that same person could captain the side it would be an added bonus.

Could Gattuso do it, or Jamie Charagher, or someone similar, and could we get them to come to us.

Cranky
23-02-2011, 12:11
who was sellicks midfield powerhouse then? kayal? brown?

we dont necessarily need someone who can boot people 10 feet in the air. we need midfielders who can pass and move, who have creativity, who can score goals and yes people who arent afraid to mix it or get in the faces of the opposition if needs be.

doesnt have to be a 6ft brute to do those things though. look at barca or even advocaats rangers midfield

Irvine96
23-02-2011, 12:12
Pity souness wasnt twenty five years younger :)

swiss
23-02-2011, 12:16
massive tin hat on here, but centre mid alan smith on a free, hard tackling fully committed done well over last 2 years for newcastle only lost his place because of tiote, decent in possession and good experience

robert_allison
23-02-2011, 12:20
We need Nigel de Jong :D.

jaws
23-02-2011, 12:21
We can all speculate re our fiscal state by the end of the season when Ally takes the reigns however a simple look at things as they stand (regardless of how the season ends) our suad is, at least, 3-4 players light. Diouf, Bartley & Weiss loan deals end, Weir already finished, Healy only tied up until the season ends and Papac, Davis, McGregor and Bougherra all at that "saleable" point of their current contracts, we could be needing to sign 12 players. Shocking state of affairs!

stapleman
23-02-2011, 12:24
We don't need any such thing. We need players in the middle of the park who can play a bit of football and who aren't afraid of taking responsibility. They need to want the ball.

sirwatty
23-02-2011, 12:27
Bartley will do a job but he will be back at Arsenal for next season.http://forum.*****************/images/smilies/default/eek.gif

McCoist needs a mature player who can walk straight into the side and play that role. We don't have anyone that even comes close at present.

If we could pick up someone late 20's or even 30, who could do the job for a few seasons while someone younger is developed into teh role that would be a plus. If that same person could captain the side it would be an added bonus.

Could Gattuso do it, or Jamie Charagher, or someone similar, and could we get them to come to us.

How did I not see this before? He's the man to save our season:eek:

jackdaniels78
23-02-2011, 12:36
We need a playmaker in midfield more. We don't have anyone that is always willing to take the ball in the big games. Our ball rentention is poor which is why we are constantly having to try and get the ball back

K-KoJaK-J
23-02-2011, 12:38
The only legs Alan Smith can break is his own. Too injury prone.

Ness and Hutton need to be watched closely and improve them as much as possible because they will be our Midfield of the next couple of years due to zero funds.

GR_7_Bear
23-02-2011, 12:40
who was sellicks midfield powerhouse then? kayal? brown?

Credit where it is due, they certainly seem to have found a player in Kayal. Every time I have seen him play this season he has been a standout and seems to have the messure of our midfield.

jamesmcg1873
23-02-2011, 13:12
i agree with last post. kayal has dominated certainly the last 2 of games. we need someone like him. he came from nowhere due to decent scouting on their part. forget alan smith, gattuso etc. we need someone reasonably young say 25 or so with a resale value. i dont have names etc but we just need to hope we get it right.