PDA

View Full Version : Every Rangers Player has a Volatile Personality...

BrianSmp
16-02-2011, 15:08
... apparently.

Just read this article seemingly about Arsenal.

Yet the unnamed journo who wrote it still managed a sly dig at Rangers.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/early-doors/article/312891/

Same old Arsenal

Wed Feb 16 09:02AM

Arsenal would do well to put all their principles to one side tonight if they are to have any hope of beating Barcelona at the Emirates.

Arsene Wenger has been talking up the Gunners' chances after Barcelona scraped a weekend draw at Sporting Gijon but the timing is unfortunate in that you are unlikely to get two mediocre performances in a row from Pep Guardiola's team: if anything it's backlash time.

But even if this was not the case, Arsenal would still have needed a change of approach as the only teams who have got anything against Barca this season have battened down the hatches and looked for some fortune on the break.

They secret is to sit deep, stay focused and not to panic when those sexy soccer midgets pass rings around you - and to give them the odd whack for good measure.

Make it scrappy, bitty and ever-so-slightly cynical - the only three teams to beat a full-strength Barca in recent memory have been Inter, Sporting and Hercules, who did just that.

Of course Arsenal won't do this, they will play the only way they know how - which was all very well back when they were really, really good and had some experienced tough nuts in the middle of the park, but this time ED can see little else but Barca romping through both legs, with the best-case scenario a draw or narrow win for Arsenal and a humping back at the Camp Nou.

It's not like this is news to Gunners fans - exactly the same happened last year, and while Arsenal have strengthened in attack since then, the continued absence of Thomas Vermaelen pretty much puts the kybosh on a possible upset.

Wenger claims they are a different team now but their recent performances in Europe have been little short of indifferent: the sad truth is that Arsenal's Premier League position is more a result of the lower quality at the upper end of English football than any improvement in their own.

The Blaugrana, meanwhile, are even better than before, with the cockiness afforded by a World Cup win and the addition of David Villa making an already-formidable attack genuinely frightening.

It is such a massive task that even Arsenal's greatest apologists, the French, have conceded it to be beyond their reach.

Still, it'll be fun for the neutral - although not quite as much fun as Tottenham's 1-0 win at Milan last night.

ED is a battle-weary old bean, wary of much and surprised by little, but it raised its monobrow to what will rank as one of their all-time greatest victories, not to mention Gennaro Gattuso's spectacular loss of control.

Harry Redknapp called him "crazy" after he headbutted Joe Jordan and squared up to the entire Spurs bench, although the fact that the Italy midfielder once chose to play for Rangers should have left no doubt as to the volatile nature of his personality.

Gattuso's histrionics were followed by a contrite apology in which he put himself at UEFA's mercy, but it is a real shame that he will probably cop a massive ban because he is a) hilarious and b) really quite good, as witnesses of Milan's 4-0 spanking of Parma last weekend will testify.

With Gareth Bale set to return for the second leg, it would be all too easy to say the tie is done and dusted - particularly given Spurs' occasional capacity to press the red button favoured by bumbling henchmen in Austin Powers flicks.

jimbo.b
16-02-2011, 15:10
Yahoo by name...............

BrianSmp
16-02-2011, 15:10
Yahoo by name...............

... Yahoo's by nature!

RoadToHampden
16-02-2011, 15:13
It certainly is an 'interesting' choice of words....

squaddie-bear
16-02-2011, 15:13
That is a bizarre line to put into the article. It seems to me that it states that if you choose to play for Rangers you have to be a a nutter. Have I misunderstood it?

Aimar
16-02-2011, 15:15
That is a bizarre line to put into the article. It seems to me that it states that if you choose to play for Rangers you have to be a a nutter. Have I misunderstood it?

That's the way I read it.

sinko
16-02-2011, 15:15
Doesn't even make any sense.

Nikica Jelavic
16-02-2011, 15:17
I've read it a few times now and it doesn't make any sense to me. Totally bizzare thing to say.

garyw09
16-02-2011, 15:18
What a pathetic comment, why not just say what you really feel coward?

aussiearsenal
16-02-2011, 15:22
That doesn't even make sense?? I'm baffled.actually no I'm not, he's a tarrier, they hate us more than they like there own team.

TPABear
16-02-2011, 15:45
Its a dig and a sly one at that, yahoo by name as theyb saying goes

jcdbluebear
16-02-2011, 15:48
Journos a knob. Pointless and crap.

fluter
16-02-2011, 15:49
Why is it most scribes just cannot wait to have a pop at us

lebooboo
16-02-2011, 15:57
Why is it most scribes just cannot wait to have a pop at us

You will find he is a tarrier bastard. No doubt about it.

King William 06
16-02-2011, 15:58
Outrageous...Surely the editor should be questioning such a comment!!

scotts52
16-02-2011, 16:03
Sad Bastard talks utter shite through out the whole article aswell. mon the Gunners.

The Accomplice
16-02-2011, 16:10
Ridiculous comment.

chris_mcf
16-02-2011, 16:17
Arsehole Journo with no name!!

wayoutwest
16-02-2011, 16:19
This ED character is most definitely a tim.

Quote :

ED is a battle-weary old bean, wary of much and surprised by little, but it raised its monobrow to what will rank as one of their all-time greatest victories, not to mention Gennaro Gattuso's spectacular loss of control.

mike myers loyal
16-02-2011, 16:42
If Ed isn't a tarrier, then he's obviously just being racist (ie, Jock team, stereotypical nut jobs)

Either way, he is a pr*ck.

Don Roberto
16-02-2011, 16:51
Nameless tim journo taking a less than obvious chance to have a dig at the Rangers - at least should have had the balls to pen his name to the article,pathetic really.

Der Berliner
16-02-2011, 16:52
The funny thing about this is that if you want to complain, you need a yahoo ID! Wicked.

cdrfcbjk
16-02-2011, 17:00
What a pr1ck not the fact he chose to play for rangers a world record team, with a fan base from all over the world with a 5 star rated stadium

Andy_J
16-02-2011, 17:04
journo is clearly a fanny. total dross.

and a really bizarre quote that quite honestly makes no sense to me?

thebarron
16-02-2011, 17:17
Nameless tim journo taking a less than obvious chance to have a dig at the Rangers - at least should have had the balls to pen his name to the article,pathetic really.

Not trying to defend them here but that blog takes potshots at everybody. Here's their own description of the blog.

"Early Doors knows little of the world outside the Eurosport office, having been chained to its desk and forced to subsist on a thin gruel of UHT milk and cardboard. It cares little for football itself, preferring to focus on the childish histrionics and self-regarding largesse of those involved in the game. Its primary interests are training-ground bust-ups, Baby Bentleys and deluded chairmen. Like many Premier League players, Early Doors refers to itself only in the third person."

pacman1985
16-02-2011, 17:22
that's the exact same line that bawbag barry glendinning (sp) came out with last night on the guardian website after the spurs game