PDA

View Full Version : “Gattuso was provoked”, says agent.

carino
16-02-2011, 13:42
http://i52.tinypic.com/ev4ysw.jpg

Pasqualin: “Gattuso was provoked”.

Claudio Pasqualin defended Rino Gattuso, the star of the brawl at the end of the Milan – Tottenham game.

Speaking on FM Radio KissKiss Napoli the agent said “My client was severely provoked by Joe Jordan”.

Jordan insulted him by calling him “A fücking Italian bastard" and for someone like Rino who has a strong Italian identity it was cowardly and disgraceful abuse.

Pasqualin then addressed the opening of disciplinary action against the Milan midfielder – we will legally evaluate any proposed UEFA action and formulate our best course of action.

thepower
16-02-2011, 13:43
You would think Jordan could come up with a better put down than that :D

LostSoulForever 2
16-02-2011, 13:44
That's it? Mamma mia!

glasgowrangersno1
You would think Jordan could come up with a better put down than that :D

My thoughts exactly!

Emearg
He was also assaulted off the ball by Peter Crouch, caught clearly on camera, but ignored by the commentators, the english press and the referee.

Or, Spurs wound him up, and he fell for it. He lost it when the ref wrongly booked him for a tackle when he won the ball (described by Ray Wilkins as deserved as he had been involved in things earlier!)

None of which is a defence, he was stupid to do what he did, and to be fair, Jordan didn't react as badly to it as some of the other staff.

Mr Super Bad
16-02-2011, 13:46
I had tweeted Rino that Jordan was an ex-Tim. The results were as inevitable as they were justified. :D

LostSoulForever 2
16-02-2011, 13:46
He was also assaulted off the ball by Peter Crouch, caught clearly on camera, but ignored by the commentators, the english press and the referee.

Or, Spurs wound him up, and he fell for it. He lost it when the ref wrongly booked him for a tackle when he won the ball (described by Ray Wilkins as deserved as he had been involved in things earlier!)

None of which is a defence, he was stupid to do what he did, and to be fair, Jordan didn't react as badly to it as some of the other staff.

Wasn't he just fouled from behind by Crouch?

The Goal Machine
16-02-2011, 13:47
Thought he acted like Neil Lennon last night. Embarassing really.

Though watch the spin put on the incident over the next day or two.

Emearg
16-02-2011, 13:49
Wasn't he just fouled from behind by Crouch?
When you don't have the ball, and some comes up behind you and kicks you, knocking you to the ground, that is assault. You'd get arrested if you did it on the street. Why was no action taken? Why did the commentators refuse to acknowledge it? Why has it effectively been erased from history?

negri
16-02-2011, 13:52
part and parcel of the game to take abuse .
im sure rino has dished it out enough over the years to know not to react

thebluebaron
16-02-2011, 13:52
Provoked or not, he was out of order. Will end up with a hefty ban after this.

Bonkle Bear
16-02-2011, 13:55
If his agent is alleging racism then UEFA will need to take that into consideration when they decide on his ban.

BarLoch76
16-02-2011, 13:57
Still not managed to see it, the GIF thread doesn't show it for me

ShawlandsBIB
16-02-2011, 13:57
part and parcel of the game to take abuse .
im sure rino has dished it out enough over the years to know not to react

If you called someone an Italian b*stard out on the street and you got caught you would be done with racism.

oranjeboy
16-02-2011, 13:58
i reckon a 3 game ban looms for him

he's already suspended for the game at white hart lane

Super Mad Gary
16-02-2011, 13:59
Gattuso was a joke last night. Needs to get a grip.

littlebluedemon
16-02-2011, 14:00
[TheMilanGuy

@BeyondthePitch Imagine if Gattuso wasn't disqualified for next game. He'd have to be wheeled into White Hart Line Hannibal Lecter style.]

A rather amusing tweet I thought :D

LostSoulForever 2
16-02-2011, 14:01
When you don't have the ball, and some comes up behind you and kicks you, knocking you to the ground, that is assault. You'd get arrested if you did it on the street. Why was no action taken? Why did the commentators refuse to acknowledge it? Why has it effectively been erased from history?

How is that relevant, to anything?

And that happened just after a previous confrontation between the two, started by Gatusso.

djtudr4
16-02-2011, 14:04

Handbags!! Gattuso was doing his best to get Crouch sent off last night, on another night he may have managed it.

Overall, Gattuso let himself down big time.

Sir Duncan Ferguson
16-02-2011, 14:05
God, is that it ?

What a piss poor excuse.

The Accomplice
16-02-2011, 14:06
I think there was more in it than that.

cheval_dents
16-02-2011, 14:06
Sorry but Gattuso cannot be defended on his antics last night..... shocking is being polite about it.....

Lets just imagine if Ledley or Brown did that to any of our Mgmt team.... we would be over the fence and on the park at them....

Anyone who can defend Gattuso last night should take off the blue tinted specs.... so what he played for us a number of years back now.... he went down a lot in my estimations last night...

reidy
16-02-2011, 14:07
Did the pitch provoke him as well?? Or what was his assault on the grass all about?

Hudson
16-02-2011, 14:07
gattuso made a complete fool out of himself

Nikica Jelavic
16-02-2011, 14:09
I'm sure he's been called worse. He's an experienced pro captaining one of the biggest clubs in the world and he let himself down. He's apologised, we move on.

WeeBud72
16-02-2011, 14:10
I cant stand people who are over sensitive, showing weakness there Rino

I mean, if anybody called you a British/Scottish bas-ard would you be offened I wouldnt I would just laugh at them because WATP :D

cheval_dents
16-02-2011, 14:10
I'm sure he's been called worse. He's an experienced pro captaining one of the biggest clubs in the world and he let himself down. He's apologised, we move on.

You joking mate?

So he can firstly lay hands on the opponents mgmt team.... then secondly head butt one of the mgmt team????

He should be getting a huge ban..... 10 games.... its as bad as Cantona in my eyes....

carino
16-02-2011, 14:12
If his agent is alleging racism then UEFA will need to take that into consideration when they decide on his ban.
Gattuso’s agent Claudio Pasqualin is a lawyer partner in the Pasqualin D’Amico Partnership players’ agency and his comments to Radio KissKiss, now being widely quoted in mainstream print and broadcast media, may be an indication of the direction his defence of the situation will take.

Wearapeepil
16-02-2011, 14:13
If you called someone an Italian b*stard out on the street and you got caught you would be done with racism.

Very true. But im sure you would also be arrested for the glesga kiss in retaliation.

Nikica Jelavic
16-02-2011, 14:16
You joking mate?

So he can firstly lay hands on the opponents mgmt team.... then secondly head butt one of the mgmt team????

He should be getting a huge ban..... 10 games.... its as bad as Cantona in my eyes....

I agree he should receive a lengthy ban - infact I posted as much last night.

laudrup
16-02-2011, 14:18
You joking mate?

No it's not.

He should get a 3 game ban, people calling for more are being ridiculous.

napsburybear
16-02-2011, 14:19
He is quoted in the papers as a former Rangers player, nice of them to get that in first before mentioning the headbutt.

azoots217
16-02-2011, 14:22
No matter how much most posters on here love the wee man he made a complete tit of himself , if getting called a Italian B*stard gets him that wound up id hate to see what he is like if someone really offended him :D

WokinghamBear
16-02-2011, 14:23
It crossed my mind earlier today that it would be an interesting turn of events if an ex-Celtic employee had turned out to shout something like "Orange B..." at an ex-Rangers employee.

Something sent Gattuso mental during the incident although he did seem incredibly wound-up and raring to have a go at anything around him last night.

Nikica Jelavic
16-02-2011, 14:24
It crossed my mind earlier today that it would be an interesting turn of events if an ex-Celtic employee had turned out to shout something like "Orange B..." at an ex-Rangers employee.

Something sent Gattuso mental during the incident although he did seem incredibly wound-up and raring to have a go at anything around him last night.

Why would Joe Jordan call him an orange bastard?

cheval_dents
16-02-2011, 14:25
No it's not.

He should get a 3 game ban, people calling for more are being ridiculous.

What did Drogba get for his antics a year or so ago? I believe it was 6 games...... was Gattuso on a par with that?

Westvanbear
16-02-2011, 14:27
Perhaps Jordan came onto him in a poovery sort of way......

nicnac
16-02-2011, 14:28
he was not assaulted by Crouch, come on get real, that kins of thing happens in footie all the time, the Flamini challenge was far worse, as for headbutting there is no excuse and what he said afterwards was commendable.

WokinghamBear
16-02-2011, 14:30
Why would Joe Jordan call him an orange bastard?

Why would a big Tim like Jordan shout something like that to an ex-Gers player?

Why indeed?

I read a report earier where Gatusso said that the two were speaking in Scottish to each other and that he didn't want to reveal what was said. If news of the "Italian B..." insult supercedes that report then fair enough but when I saw nobody wanting to detail just what was said, I wondered if it was a very specific insult.

LostSoulForever 2
16-02-2011, 14:31

Why indeed?

I read a report earier where Gatusso said that the two were speaking in Scottish to each other and that he didn't want to reveal what was said. If news of the "Italian B..." insult supercedes that report then fair enough but when I saw nobody wanting to detail just what was said, I wondered if it was a very specific insult.

He definitely didn't shout that at Gatusso.

Nikica Jelavic
16-02-2011, 14:32

Why indeed?

Has he called someone an orange bastard before? :confused:

RFC_Sooty
16-02-2011, 14:35
Rino said they spoke to each other in scottish.

I'm guessing Jordan called him a wop and Rino stuck the nut on him.

WokinghamBear
He definitely didn't shout that at Gatusso.

Fair enough - I saw an earlier report and have been stuck in a rather boring meeting all morning so my mind was wandering:D

Terrible behaviour from Gattuso in any case - he's the captain and needs to behave as such, whatever is being said to him or whatever is happeneing on the field.

cheval_dents
the blue tinted specs need to come off some people I think.......

Mongo-Foot
16-02-2011, 14:36
It might be racist but it wasn't cowardly - he's said it to Gattuso's face

jimbo.b
16-02-2011, 14:39
Could he not just have said he was copying the behaviour that opposing fans aimed at him while he was in Scotland?
Seemed to work for a player from the far east of Glasgow.

foxtrot
16-02-2011, 14:41
Sounds like he's trying to save face in Italy. It might not mean much to us, but I'd say the Italians would side with Gattuso if Jordan really has said that. It doesn't really matter though, he's still facing a hefty ban.

Bonkle Bear
16-02-2011, 14:48
Gattuso’s agent Claudio Pasqualin is a lawyer partner in the Pasqualin D’Amico Partnership players’ agency and his comments to Radio KissKiss, now being widely quoted in mainstream print and broadcast media, may be an indication of the direction his defence of the situation will take.

If this is the road his agent intends to go down then UEFA will surely need to investigate what was actually said before they consider Gattuso's punishment. Given how vocal (and at the same time hypocritical) UEFA have been on racism in recent times they will need to investigate the claims if Milan themselves make an issue about it.

Hammerinho
16-02-2011, 14:49
Seriously who gives a ****. How many threads has there been on this now? Rino left us about 13 years ago.

unbelievablewalter
16-02-2011, 14:51
What did Drogba get for his antics a year or so ago? I believe it was 6 games...... was Gattuso on a par with that?

Which one are you talking about?
He got a 3 match ban for his antics after the Chelsea match
He got a 4 match ban for stamping on Motta against Inter last year - 2 plus an extra 2 because of his ban the year before.

thecount
16-02-2011, 14:52
http://i52.tinypic.com/ev4ysw.jpg

Pasqualin: “Gattuso was provoked”.

Claudio Pasqualin defended Rino Gattuso, the star of the brawl at the end of the Milan – Tottenham game.

Speaking on FM Radio KissKiss Napoli the agent said “My client was severely provoked by Joe Jordan”.

Jordan insulted him by calling him “A fücking Italian bastard" and for someone like Rino who has a strong Italian identity it was cowardly and disgraceful abuse.

Pasqualin then addressed the opening of disciplinary action against the Milan midfielder – we will legally evaluate any proposed UEFA action and formulate our best course of action.

Could we, will we, ever experience this sort of response from our club in support of one of our players whether in Europe or at home. I wont hold my breath while waiting.

Mr Super Bad
16-02-2011, 15:18

To be honest, I could have told you that last night. It's always thrown in to defend the indefensible.

Dougie Gray
16-02-2011, 15:25
Seriously who gives a ****. How many threads has there been on this now? Rino left us about 13 years ago.

Ah the standard WGAF post!

May I remind you that this is a message board and you do reserve the right to not open thread. :roll:

womble 3
16-02-2011, 15:28
He was bang out of order he has since came out and said so himself fair play but he deserves a lenghty ban

gennaro
16-02-2011, 15:29
[/I][/B]

Could we, will we, ever experience this sort of response from our club in support of one of our players whether in Europe or at home. I wont hold my breath while waiting.

It wasn't his club it was his agent. His club would have been responsible for him ensuring he issued his apology.

bear4ever
16-02-2011, 15:33
i wont condone it..but it dosent take much to wind up a tally does it ?

Stuart_WATP
16-02-2011, 15:37
It's actually embarrassing how far out of proportion this has been blown.

Honest to christ, you'd think he put a bullet through his nut.

cheval_dents
16-02-2011, 15:41

So its been blown out of proportion then.....

What if it happened on Sunday?

Stuart_WATP
16-02-2011, 15:42

I'm not sure there would be as many people to hold Jordan and Gattuso back if it happened on Sunday.

Baxter79
16-02-2011, 15:43
So has he been charged with it or what?

ando1873
16-02-2011, 15:46

If you don't like or are fed up with th incident then dingy open the thread, it's simple!

youngsy
16-02-2011, 15:48

Wouldn't happen they would both be in the pineapple at alfie bass.:angel:

jimmyhm
16-02-2011, 15:49
[/I][/B]

That has nothing to do with Milan, it was said by the player's agent.

Ger57
16-02-2011, 15:53

2 May 1999, Stephane Mahe red carded, ranting and raving, refusing to leave the park and sparked (arguably) the scenes that followed, resulting in a clampdown on OF kick off times and a lack of OF league deciders. Possibly even having an effect upon the TV revenue into our game = 2 match ban.

graemem22
16-02-2011, 16:04

Couldn't agree more. He was behaving like a child , aye, but the actual "headbutt" hardly took Jordans head off.

Someone on here said last night he desereves an Sin Die ban from the champions league :blink:

This place goes completely overboard sometimes

Wily 7
16-02-2011, 16:12

I've been awaiting his return ever since. :(

Rino & EHD..... bring it on!. >:)

SuperAllysGoldenShoe
16-02-2011, 16:14
Provoked or not you can't simply headbutt someone

You or I would be doing a weekender for that

Ger57
16-02-2011, 16:19

It appears the definition of a headbutt has changed some what from when I was a lad.

I'm sure JJ has received and inflicted far worse on opponents, as his long departed teeth will bear testiment to!

Baxter79
16-02-2011, 16:19

On a tuesday? :(

RFC_Sooty
16-02-2011, 16:20

Would you really call that a headbutt though?

SuperAllysGoldenShoe
16-02-2011, 16:22
It appears the definition of a headbutt has changed some what from when I was a lad.

I'm sure JJ has received and inflicted far worse on opponents, as his long departed teeth will bear testiment to!

Im sure there has been worse, but as you know do that on the street and witnessed you are getting the jail - thats my point

On a tuesday? :(

Im sure you are aware what I meant :D

Would you really call that a headbutt though?

Not properly no perhaps, but the intent was there and as above, if you are caught doing that on the street you are getting arrested - provoked or not

jasbear
16-02-2011, 16:25
Ex bear or not it was embarrassing and he should be severely punished.

papasmurf
16-02-2011, 16:32
He was out of order. There is no getting away from that.

Those saying it wasnt a head butt, or he got wound up by a challenge from Crouch need to sit back and look at what he did. He went over the JJ, who was a member of the coaching team, caused a fight and stuck the head on him. Yes, it wasnt a ZZ type headbutt, but he did it all the same.

Doing that on the park is bad enough, and I think would give you a 3 game ban. To do that after the game, and to someone in JJ's position is significantly worse. If he gets away with a 5 game ban, he should count himself lucky.

He acted in a shamefully and violent manner, and should be thoroughly embarrassed by his actions.

That said, would love him to do that to any of the scum management team, but ZZ stlye

Baxter79
16-02-2011, 17:02
Big Sam on twitter's thoughts.

I would love to see that little Gattuso tart try to take on Big Sam.

As soon as I get a job & do comparatively well, then get a bigger job with a big club & get into the Champions League - I'm coming for him.

Gattuso looks like he should be leading a gang of street urchins. I bet he's an extraordinary pickpocket.

Bet he has a hoop earring and wears Cuban heels. Let himself down tonight. Harry loves a player but I bet he only likes him after tonight.

Just off the phone to Harry, as it happens. He said Joe Jordan "stole a horse from somewhere" and rode around Milan looking for Gattuso.

"Gennaro!" he roared. "Show your face and feel my Celtic wrath! For I am Jordan. King of the Night." Awesome stuff from Joe, there.

Stuart_WATP
16-02-2011, 17:21
Big Sam on twitter's thoughts.

I would love to see that little Gattuso tart try to take on Big Sam.

As soon as I get a job & do comparatively well, then get a bigger job with a big club & get into the Champions League - I'm coming for him.

Gattuso looks like he should be leading a gang of street urchins. I bet he's an extraordinary pickpocket.

Bet he has a hoop earring and wears Cuban heels. Let himself down tonight. Harry loves a player but I bet he only likes him after tonight.

Just off the phone to Harry, as it happens. He said Joe Jordan "stole a horse from somewhere" and rode around Milan looking for Gattuso.

"Gennaro!" he roared. "Show your face and feel my Celtic wrath! For I am Jordan. King of the Night." Awesome stuff from Joe, there.

Top drawer ! :D :D

rabboon
16-02-2011, 17:27
think rinos europe career will be over after this long ban coming

THE PROFESSOR
16-02-2011, 17:45
A wee ned, basically. I think Dick saw that, saw the caution cards mounting up and got shot of him. However a wee terrier / destroyer like him wouldn't go amiss at the moment, something we're lacking.

Should he ever return here and work as a waiter in one of his father-in-law's restaurants, with his approach, I'd think twice about complaining about the food, as your next repast could be hospital food.

VelvetUnderground
16-02-2011, 18:05
I find it worrying that some people actually think it possible that Joe Jordan called Rino Gatusso, an Italian catholic who last played for us about 13 year ago, an "orange basta*d"

I also don't rate Joe Jordans put downs if the best he could come up with was "Italian basta*d" and if that's all it takes for Rino to go mental he has a bit of a problem.

stan.s
16-02-2011, 18:05
Hate to say it but he made an arse of himself last night. Trying to get crouch booked or sent off, i was actually hoping crouch would score.

making_a_stand
16-02-2011, 18:14
Much ado about nothing.

Its only me
16-02-2011, 18:31
just said on stv rio gave jordan glasgow kiss after they exchanged words in scottish!!

tractionman55
16-02-2011, 18:59
Cracking wee guy, but he lost the plot.

Top_Cat
16-02-2011, 19:00
He lost it, but it's mountain out of a molehill if you ask me

tauntonbear
16-02-2011, 19:07
Anyone know if Joe's nose is ok now ?

ChicagoBear
16-02-2011, 19:31
He lost it, but it's mountain out of a molehill if you ask me

Would you be saying that if the Lurgan Bigot did something similar at the weekend? Would you f*ck.

He has to get hammered for this!

Wearapeepil
17-02-2011, 12:38

It would depend on what team the guilty party plays for.

If he plays in blue he would probably face a lengthy jail sentence.

sam_newton
17-02-2011, 13:52
8 game ban, end of Rino's career, no-one to blame but himself.

toadegree
17-02-2011, 14:11
Make any excuse you want guys, the point is that he lost it big style both off and on the pitch.