PDA

View Full Version : From The Famine Song to Dallasgate

Pages : [1] 2

blootoonger
22-01-2011, 02:48
Just received this in an email. An excellent article and one that exposes Phil O' Fool for what he really is - a bitter and biggoted bheast.

Outstanding stuff.

Written by Foreveroffended
Friday, 21 January 2011

The real story of “The Famine Song”

Written by Bill, of Bill & Will fame

I was brought up in an area of East Belfast which was predominantly Protestant. From my primary school days and right through my teens about 60% of my best friends would probably have been of the Catholic persuasion. There were some awkward times when I took a few punches to the chin by people who didn't take too kindly to my association with and defence of them. One of my best friends, Jim, actually took a terrible kicking at the Short Strand after a night out in the town. The ones who attacked him were actually people he had gone to school with but the fact that he lived where he did meant it was open season on him. I can remember joking with him at the hospital that we should just take the kicking before we went out at night to get it over and done with.

We used to go to the local Chapel on the Upper Newtownards Road three times a week to participate in youth club activities. I can remember on one occasion that the resident priest Father Steel made a recommendation to the youth club leaders that unless the members attended Mass then they should not be permitted to use the youth club facilities. The leaders of the youth club held a meeting with him to fight our corner. He was not for relenting. However, after further discussions it was decided that the non-Catholics would be allowed to abstain from Mass. I believe that the leaders had put it to him that it was a type of discrimination. You can imagine my horror when I found out years later that he was on trial for sexually abusing children of the parish and eventually received a jail sentence.

I was always fascinated by the legendary Belfast Celtic and had read their book many times over. My grandfather had watched them on many occasions and I would love to hear the stories of how they conquered all before them and even beat the full Scotland team in New York. I would have loved to have seen this great team in full flow, but never did. One of the first songs that I wrote was an appreciation of them.

(to the tune of 'Come back Paddy Reilly to Ballyjamesduff')

My Grandfather tells me about the old times and of Ireland’s great football teams
How the best of them all played at Paradise, they sported the White and the Green
Oh Celtic, oh Celtic, oh what have they done? That great football team we all knew
The team’s just a memory the fans they are gone. It’s hard to forgive those in Blue

Wherever they played was a gala day, with thousands turned out day or night
The men took their wives and kids to the game to witness this beautiful sight
With Walker at right half and Jones up the front, Paddy Bonner and Tully the wing.
They tortured defences and turned keepers’ heads and they sported the White and the Green

It was at Windsor Park one cold Boxing Day Bob Bryson and Jones chased the ball
Jones leapt to his feet and just gave a shrug, though Bryson did not move at all
The Blue men were outraged though the tackle was fair
They wanted Jim Jones at all costs

At the end of the game they invaded the pitch, they dragged him all over the moss
They kicked him and punched him and then cracked his ribs, they wanted him out of the game
The fact he was Orange, it just didn't count, they then broke his leg, left him lame

He lay there in Limbo his senses were dimmed, his team-mates they broke down in tears
Now Celtic withdrew from the Irish League, so it's died o'er this past 40 years
Oh Celtic, oh Celtic, oh what have they done? That great football team we all knew
Their spirit is broken the fans they are gone, destroyed by the Red White and Blue

It may seem rather hard to comprehend for many modern day supporters of both sides of the Old Firm, but the Protestant and Catholic communities in Northern Ireland were far closer and respectful of each other in those days. I idolised my grandfather and my father, who were both Protestants who happened to support Belfast Celtic. They weren’t alone.

While Belfast Celtic were named after their Scottish counterparts, and set up to support charitable causes, they had no distinctive signing policy like the Glasgow team.

Many of their players were Protestant, including Jim Jones, the Orangeman who had his legs broken by the Linfield support that day.

I love football. I always did and always will. Without Belfast Celtic to follow as I grew up, I followed Glentoran, and still do.

I still keep in touch with all my old friends. A while ago a friend’s mother passed away, and her funeral was at St Colmcilles Chapel. I attended to show my respects, and after the funeral, I was invited to the family shindig. For anyone who doesn't know, these wakes and funerals in Ireland last for days. Of course I was the first one called up on the stage for a song. At a guess there would have been 40 Irish Catholics and 10 Irish Protestants present.

All of those present knew that I was the writer of “The Famine Song”, as it was rebranded by others, or “Dirty Blighters” as I had written it. I was asked to sing said ditty, to the delight of all those present.

Nothing would do but I had to exhaust my whole song book for them including one I wrote condemning an old sectarian signing policy that Linfield used to employ. Other traditional Irish folk songs followed, including a few that would raise some eyebrows amongst hardliners on both sides of the religious divide! You see, despite the hatred and division that some bigots wish to maintain in Northern Ireland, many of us can live together, respect one another and try our best to overcome these barriers. The barriers are put up by bigots and hypocrites, like Phil McGillivan.

I can recall when the Orange Walk was genuinely a cultural celebration by Protestants, and Catholics proudly joined the celebrations of liberty from oppression.

In those days there were no riots on the 12th, Orange Halls were not attacked, and Orangemen did not have to run the gauntlet to march down a street.

In those days, we all sported a shamrock and celebrated St Patrick’s Day together too.

Of course, Phil wouldn’t know that, and neither would his other “Plastic Paddy” partner-in-crime Kieron Brady, as neither they, nor their parents live or have lived in Ulster.

After the troubles started, and the Republicans started brainwashing and intimidating ordinary Catholics, any semblance of community was lost for decades. Despite propaganda telling us this is on the mend, nothing could be further from the truth.

My song about the Linfield sectarian signing policy is below.

There's only a place in my heart for one team, those magical colours of Red Black and Green
For every one player is welcomed by me no matter his background, religion or creed
But bigotry raises its ugly head, some try to ruin football and leave it for dead
But their taunts and slogans can bother me none for I'm more of a Proddie than those Linfield scum.

If Linfield's complaining then don't come to me, just tell Gerry Adams for he's your MP
If the going gets tough and the times do get lean, I’ll ask Pope John Paul to bless my wee team
So don't kid yourselves that you are the elite, you’re not even fit to lick Jim Cleary's feet!
It’s because of religion and bias and hate that has our wee country in such a bad state

So here is my message, Tom Connell and friends, the fans are behind you we'll cheer you no end.
Just play good football we've given you the nod and who knows you might even marry a Prod.
So Glenmen unite and the team do us proud and sneer at the vermin in that hostile crowd
I know in my heart that this wish will come true and silence that scum who shame Red White and Blue

You see, my songs have always been about challenging the bigotry and hypocrisy that has historically been a blight on the game of football in Ireland and in Scotland.

Why Scotland you ask? Well, I may be Irish, but I also support Rangers Football Club.

I’ll talk later of why I support them.

So, what’s my story? Am I the way I have been depicted?

I’ll let you make your own mind up.

When I reached the grand old age of 20 or so I decided to travel to London with a few friends to seek my fortune. It wasn’t long before reality set in and I found the streets were not as golden paved as I had anticipated. I lived in London off and on for about eight years from the late 80s onward. Times were sometimes hard and gaining meaningful employment was proving difficult. Every day at 5pm I would walk a mile and a half down the left hand side of the Goldhawk Road in Shepherds Bush to the Sisters of Mercy in the local chapel. Here I would be provided with a bowl of hot soup and two large sandwiches for 20p. There was always some more if any of us wanted it. Sometimes I wouldn't have the 20p and the Girls would say ‘ach sure, you can give it to us when you are working’.

It was in a way a reversal of the Protestant Churches feeding immigrants in Scotland in the late 19th century before Hibernian FC were formed to help the hungry. I used to listen out of courtesy when they would try and win me over to their way of thinking. I used to imagine my old Grandmother sitting on my shoulder giving me pelters.

As soon as I got a job, life became a lot easier. I could quite easily have moved on and forgotten all about the generosity of those Sisters of Mercy, but my Christian beliefs drove me to go back to the church to return the generosity.

I would finish at 4.30 every other Friday and take a dander down the Goldhawk Road with a donation for the Girls, and yes, I still took my soup and sandwich putting the 20p in a different box.

I must say I never experienced any anti Irish racism the whole time I was there. I remember a Celtic supporter from Cork giving me a job even though he knew I was a Rangers fan. He would say 'ach we have to look after our own.' Yes, there were some great times there.

I was over in America for St Patrick's Day about three years ago. I frequented an Irish bar while I was there. The owner was a Dubliner, we got chatting, and after he heard about my love of playing tunes on my penny whistle, he asked me to come down that night and play a few Irish songs for the crowd.

I duly obliged and played whatever was requested, even slipping in a few of my own choice. The next day the owner set me up a lot of free drink and laughed about how I had converted some of his customers to appreciate Orange music.

One of them was called Jane, and I will get back to her later.

A few days later Rangers and Celtic were playing at Ibrox and some of us went along to the Irish bar to watch it. There were about 150 who were supporting Celtic and seven supporting Rangers. It became hot and heavy and I couldn't believe the amount of racist and sectarian abuse being meted out to Rangers players. Darcheville had the ball and a cry went out 'kill that dirty black Hun bastard'. I looked around and saw Jane and I almost wished the ground would open up and swallow me.

Jane was a black, American girl who was sitting there in her Celtic top extremely embarrassed.
She rose from her seat and left. Rangers scored and scuffles were breaking out between some Celtic fans, with some targeting us, threatening my wife and looking for trouble.

My new mate, the bar owner, moved quickly to put the worst culprits out, and told them that they only turned up to incite trouble among the crowd, most of whom had never set foot in Scotland.

blootoonger
22-01-2011, 02:49
cont........

On the way back to the hotel, I turned to my wife and said “I’m going to write a song to wind up those 'Plastic Paddies'”. I was incensed that Scotsmen, sitting supporting Celtic FC, who had never set foot in Ireland, should wish to hi-jack the Famine in order to score political points against the United Kingdom. A few weeks before this, we had used the chant ‘why don’t you come home, why don‘t you come home the famine is over why don‘t you come home‘. This seemed to bemuse the people round about us at Ibrox and thought if I changed it to “why don’t you go home” then everyone could join in. Rangers fans used the satirical chant in response to the growing popularity of the song about the Famine at Celtic Park, by a largely Scottish football support. I felt, as an Irishman, that this observation by the Rangers’ fans of the curious case of Scots singing about their “homeland” of Ireland suffering from a British conspiracy to starve only Catholics, but not Protestants was right up my street.

I decided to use the chant as the basis of my song. I never for a moment thought that it would end up being broadcast all over the world.

Despite the huge attention given to the song, and to the lyrics, I have remained quiet on this, for a number of reasons. I felt for a long time that a silly wee song on YouTube would be forgotten about.

I had confidence that the Scottish legal system to find those arrested for singing it not guilty.

I believed the hate filled activists out to damage Rangers, and the media would find something else to whinge about, and I didn’t feel the need to justify myself.

I watched with horror as those activists ensured that someone was jailed for singing the one line chant, on the basis that it related to the words of a song that he’d never sung.

I watched as my club was dragged through the mud due to my song, and I hoped beyond hope that it would go away.

I have tried very hard to keep quiet on this as I believed that it would fizzle out, and that the truth would prevail. I was wrong.

I apologise for the pain my song has caused to Rangers, but not for the content or tone of the song.

There IS a disgusting hypocrisy by most of these Scots singing their songs of the Famine and rebellion, and oppression, and they have taken the worst of Ireland and exported it to a good country which does not deserve it.

Despite the claims of oppression, the Irish Catholic community who came to Scotland were accepted. Those that were qualified to work were employed and made their own way. Those that weren’t skilled or qualified that didn’t contribute anything, were still taken in and housed. The poorest were fed by Church of Scotland soup kitchens for the poor.

This didn’t fit with those who created the bigot factory otherwise known as Celtic Park. You couldn’t possibly have Catholics mixing with Protestants, accepting their charity and integrating now, could you?

I had a connection to Glasgow from childhood. This was no distant support of a football team, but a connection forged over many years.

My first memories of Glasgow are from about the age of twelve. I would stay with friends in Rutherglen. The people we stayed with were great Rangers supporters, and apart from the fact that my Grandparents came from a Scottish background, these friends by taking me to a game swayed me to support the club.

Having been exposed to the Troubles, and the level of segregation in Ulster, I liked the fact that the people of Glasgow were friendly to their neighbours and could live side by side no matter what religion. I still attend the games to the present day.

Sadly some British people from outside the United Kingdom seem to be hell bent on destroying the friendship and tolerance that Scotland enjoys.

One of the main culprits is a disturbed individual by the name of Phil McGillivan, although the Scotsman has re-christened himself Phil Mac Giolla Bhain.

Well known for his Republican sympathies, he seems to dedicate the biggest part of his life to the destruction of Rangers FC and the freedom of expression that Protestants in Scotland enjoy.

One such example of this freedom of expression was the famous song “The Billy Boys” that the Rangers support made so rousing, and so intimidating. It was sung for decades at Rangers games with such gusto, that other football supports made their own versions in imitation.

Words were added and taken away. Of course, the version that stuck was a blistering attack on Irish Republicanism, as the Rangers support sang about being up to their knees in “Fenian blood”. While we always knew that we were referring, not to Catholics in general, but to the Fenian Brotherhood, that special breed of Republican who supported sectarian murder gangs.

Clearly, a handful of individuals had a strategy to move the goalposts, with McGillivan being a leading light. There were others, but the bold Phil has been in contact with people of influence with his own particular brand of black propaganda (lies) from the off.

To all intents and purposes, despite the odd whinge from Geraldo McPish and the Odious Creep, both sides were treated largely in the same fashion, rightly or wrongly. When McGillivan and his cohorts started their campaign to complain firstly about The Billy Boys, and then about the “Go Home” song, it transpired all too suddenly that this parity had eroded.

On the day that Rangers were to play Villareal, the front page of the Scottish Sun ran a headline that an organisation called FARE were behind the planned attendance at the match by the UEFA officials responsible for Discipline, and that they were there specifically to listen to instances of sectarian singing. I remember at the time thinking this was the usual tabloid nonsense, but history will tell us that this was a turning point in the parity afforded to the “Old Firm”.

Of course Phil claimed this as his own success, and who am I to argue, although I should also give “credit” to those other odious creeps who badgered UEFA with half baked theories, lies and distortion and complained at UEFA’s original Not Guilty verdict.

The same happened with the “go home” song. Ironically a complaint was made to the Irish Consulate in Edinburgh, from Ireland by “a Celtic fan” and the story of said complaint was “broken” by Phil. The force of the complaint was that the fan’s 10 year old daughter was reduced to tears when her father explained what the song meant. For months afterwards, McGillivan bragged that the wee girl was his - that he was the father. What sort of a human being would put their innocent children in the front line of an argument?

He hounded the family of James McCarthy in an attempt to get a story from his mother with regards to Rangers signing ROI players (or not, as he implied). I am reliably informed that she wasn’t too keen, seems she had the measure of him.

I wonder if she told him that James had toured Murray Park just weeks previously with a view to signing, before opting for the safety of Wigan. Maybe that’s why he hasn’t repeated the allegation that Rangers don’t try and sign players from the Republic.

He wrote a book about “preventable deaths” where his research would involve visiting families of the bereaved through suicides etc. I wonder how the families of the people in the Scottish FA, who lost their jobs in the run up to Christmas following his exposé are feeling? Will he visit them if they are feeling suicidal?

I am told that at least one person who sent the joke email is a practising Catholic.

The three employees have been rightly reinstated and at the time of writing this I have to feel for the person who did not appeal the SFA decision. The pressure they and their family were under would have been immense. At the very most if anyone had been offended by the email it should have ended with a quite word in the employee’s ear that they should not be using the companies IT equipment in such a manner and then a line drawn under the whole episode. McGillivan saw fit to push and push and lobby everyone who would fill in and help him with his warped agenda. By his external meddling from afar he has left the SFA in a state of disarray.

Ironic, considering McGillivan himself has accused the Catholic church of covering up child abuse, right to the top as far as Joseph Ratzinger.

That will not matter a jot to McGillivan as he will see that as collateral damage He refers to Scotland as “Bonny Bigotland”. That’s ok when you are sitting in a country like Ireland, which exterminated 300,000 Protestants from 1641 - 1648. A country which also forced the repatriation of a similar number of Protestants and Jews from the beginning of the 20th Century. Although I’m sure no one has a massive chip on their shoulder over this, we just get on with life. This man’s arrogance knows no bounds. He is, in my opinion a bully boy who will manipulate anyone without a second thought. He is suggesting that Scottish media will not employ him because they are racist. If that is the case then why will no decent Newspaper in Ireland touch him either?

I watched him live on a programme broadcast from Dublin a few weeks ago. He tried to lead every topic towards the subject of racism in Scotland. He was, however, surprisingly silent when a girl told of her daughter being racially abused at school in the South of Ireland solely because she was English. Thankfully the local presenter was not taken in by him.

He has stated that he suffers from depression. I'm not sure which type but there is one that goes by the name NPD, Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Some of the symptoms are
1. An exaggerated sense of importance.
2. Seen as arrogant, confident and self-centred .
3. Plays the victim card and exploits people for personal gain.

Hearts fans sing up to their knees in Hibbies blood. Celtic fans sing 'Paddy McCourt's Fenian army'. McGillivan went running to all and sundry to have my song and others banned without submitting the full facts.

1. The Rangers fans only sing the original song ‘Why don’t you go home, Why don't you go home, The Famines over, why don’t you go home‘. This is only banter in direct response to years of listening to songs of famine and oppression. It was not mocking the actual Famine.

2. The song was written by an Irishman. Now as far as I am aware we are not a race. Also, how could I be racist against my own people when my ancestors were probably affected by the Famine too? I have met Irish men from most of the 32 counties and I don’t know any who are known by the Irish version of their name except him. Again it is the ‘look at me, look at me’ syndrome. If you look at an Irish passport application form, I come under category A, i.e. born in the country. McGillivan would come under category B i.e. qualifying through parentage. Who is he to accuse me of anti Irish racism?

In the latest fiasco involving Hugh Dallas he has stated that he had to persuade the Catholic Church to become involved as they were not too keen. This, from someone who had written a strongly worded letter to the Catholic Church seeking excommunication. He continually criticises the Catholic Church and has accused Ratzinger himself of covering up child abuse. He acts with impunity on the Celtic website in his slandering of the Catholic Church. I feel for FranjyFloyd67 and Ghirly who try and defend the Church but are threatened by bans. Someone needs to ask Peter Kearney if he is aware of all this and if he condones McGillivan’s accusations. I present some examples below:

Click onthis link: http://www.philmacgiollabhain.com/an-irish-gulag/

He often refers to his work when successful as ‘bagging a Billy’

Funny thing is I go to watch the Arsenal sometimes which is his favourite team. Martin Keown a past Arsenal player was doing a question and answer session during one of my visits. My mate who is also from Ireland asked him why it was, if his parents came from Ireland, he decided play for England. His response was that his father had always told him, 'Play for the country you were born and brought up in and don't just take from your country, always give something back.' I wonder what McGillivan would have made of that? The three people who cause the most trouble for Rangers on the forum are people who don't even live in UK. They are Celtic fans Mince, Victor Arbuckle and Phil. Mince charges Ł10 to join his website and there are alleged complaints of the misappropriation of funds. He allegedly is the guy whose Spanish wife wrote to the Mayor of Barcelona complaining about rubbish left on the streets after the Rangers visit. His real name is Scott McM*****. Victor, an Independent Financial Advisor, lives in America, runs a supporters club in Philadelphia and spends all his time digging dirt about Rangers. His real name is Ray McK*****. I have never met a Rangers fan whose whole objective in life is to destroy Celtic.

There is also a newspaper story of a council worker fleeing Glasgow a few years ago. Despite his job being to monitor visits to the housebound, a pensioner in his care passed away. When the police broke down the man’s door is seems that the old man had been dead for weeks and that no one had in fact been checking on him. People have tried to find out about this case through the freedom of information act, it seems the powers that be will not release it. I would hate to think that Social Services anywhere in the British Isles would give a job to someone with a dubious past such as this person has.

blootoonger
22-01-2011, 02:49
cont......

Perhaps McGillivan is to be pitied, he is aware of his depression as he is the face on the back of a Sunday newspaper bringing awareness of depression to sufferers. Surely whoever treats him could go deeper and find out why he harbours so much hate for Scotland and the UK as a whole. I fear if he is allowed to go unchallenged eventually a self destruct button will be pressed. They say ‘he always gets his Billy’ and I have been told that he is coming after me. I have nothing to hide and I have received threats before but feel I need to get my side of the story out. The Famine Song or the Dirty Blighters as I named it was a joke with a jag. We have always been able to laugh at ourselves, hence so many Irish jokes world wide. Maybe McGillivan has difficulty accepting this part of the traditional Irish way due to his illness or his warped logic.

I can see a rise in religious tensions in Scotland in the past year with McGillivan at the fore. I would plead with the decent people to pull back, there is nothing he would like more than to see civil unrest or blood on the streets, as he promotes it from his bolt hole in County Donegal. The fact that he is not prepared to stand his ground in Scotland proves to me that he is a coward.

American President Harry S. Truman said ‘if you can’t stand the heat get out of the kitchen.’ However that does not give you the right to go into the house next door and throw your bigotry and bile back over the wall. I do feel however someone should go home. The internet blog beggar who sailed into my country from across the water to use it as his own personal bigotry platform. To spew his bile and hatred across the Irish Sea to our friends and neighbours on the mainland of the British Isles. People over here in Ireland are moving on after much turmoil and we don’t need 2nd or 3rd generation Plastic Paddies arriving here with the sole intention of stirring the pot. Evil bigoted attitudes like the one he is displaying need to be consigned to the dustbins of Irish/Scottish history.

So there you have it. While I may be guilty of the odd wind-up song, I am neither a bigot nor a racist. McGillivan, on the other hand is both.

Foreveroffended

spirit_of_93
22-01-2011, 03:03
Interesting post mate I enjoyed reading that.

royal arch
22-01-2011, 03:17
A long but fantastic read

corkie
22-01-2011, 03:17
one of the best posts to grace follow follow

Cadzow Bear
22-01-2011, 03:18
Outstanding read.

Would like to see that given a wider audience.

neillymac
22-01-2011, 03:20
Excellent post and thanks for sharing your story with us.

22-01-2011, 03:20
An absolutely outstanding post, very well written and heartfelt

It may look like a long post, but it seemed to take no time at all. anyone looking at it and thinking that's too long for me, it really is worth your while reading it

tamtherangersman
22-01-2011, 03:21
by feck i enjoyed that, what a read. geez more

spirit_of_93
22-01-2011, 03:38
That will not matter a jot to McGillivan as he will see that as collateral damage He refers to Scotland as “Bonny Bigotland”. That’s ok when you are sitting in a country like Ireland, which exterminated 300,000 Protestants from 1641 - 1648. A country which also forced the repatriation of a similar number of Protestants and Jews from the beginning of the 20th Century. Although I’m sure no one has a massive chip on their shoulder over this, we just get on with life. This man’s arrogance knows no bounds. He is, in my opinion a bully boy who will manipulate anyone without a second thought. He is suggesting that Scottish media will not employ him because they are racist. If that is the case then why will no decent Newspaper in Ireland touch him either?

This paragraph is too good to pass without comment.

Peter Kearney will be doing his nut in RC Scotland headquarters, he thinks the child abuse stuff is a conspiracy to make his 'faith' look bad...

Bonny Bigotland indeed, Scotland treated the Irish immigrants with unprecedented kindness and generosity, why does peter the bigot prefer lies and innuendo?

btl456
22-01-2011, 04:39
an exellent post, thank you for sharing your story.

bluenose al
22-01-2011, 05:02
Great read.very thought provoking.as for mcgobblegiver he is a cancer in our society.a horrible bigot who stokes the flames of hatred and sooner or later he will get burnt.

andyoz
22-01-2011, 05:14
Excellent read, thanks for sharing

beastie69
22-01-2011, 05:18
Wow.

They wont like that.

blootoonger
22-01-2011, 05:19
Great read.very thought provoking.as for mcgobblegiver he is a cancer in our society.a horrible bigot who stokes the flames of hatred and sooner or later he will get burnt.

How about Gobblegivers up-and-coming book release:

http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/a-rebel-journalist/14686433

Published on a 'self-publishing' website as he had a refutal from every other main source publisher he approached.

Only in the mind-set of the bheast would they consider paying for a book of 'articles' that has been been previously published and are still available to read for free on both his site and bheastminded.

bluenose al
22-01-2011, 05:30
[QUOTE=blootoonger;13081868]How about Gobblegivers up-and-coming book release:

http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/a-rebel-journalist/14686433

Published on a 'self-publishing' website as he had a refutal from every other main source publisher he approached.

Only in the mind-set of the bheast would they consider paying for a book of 'articles' that has been been previously published and are still available to read for free on both his site and bheastminded.[/QUOTE

a lot of bigots make a lot of money on their personal crusades against bigots.

Tims and irony.

Ashbourne Loyal
22-01-2011, 05:37
thanks for sharing.

72 Blue
22-01-2011, 05:39
Good and informative read.

I'd heard of that plastic paddy Mcgobbler rheptiles name before but now just see what a vile, bigoted, sociopath he really is.

I hope we never meet.

All Or Nothing
22-01-2011, 05:39
Outstanding read.

It has been,hence it appearing on here this morning,albeit though through someone else receiving it via his own e-mails, but as you say the further this travels the better..............;)

womble 3
22-01-2011, 05:43
Top read shoyld be a sticky to many here blind and deaf to the ramblings of this fool

FortWilliamLoyal
22-01-2011, 06:12
Absolutely terrific article mate, I enjoyed reading that.

zorro
22-01-2011, 06:24
By far the best post on here for a while. Very informative and interesting.

ontheline
22-01-2011, 06:47
All respects it started off a little boring.
Turned into a fantastic read.

If anyone feels like me at the start, I would urge them to stick with it.
Great post

womble 3
22-01-2011, 06:54
All respects it started off a little boring.
Turned into a fantastic read.

If anyone feels like me at the start, I would urge them to stick with it.
Great post

think he is just giving off a wee bit of background

will have to a have a word with him anyway a fondness of Arsenal:mad::D

gennaro
22-01-2011, 07:04
I was hoping that would somehow reach here :thumb:

Dalriadager
22-01-2011, 07:09
Good read, nice to expose the scum that is McGillivan and his rantings.

"The famine is over"

britain
22-01-2011, 07:45

This paragraph is too good to pass without comment.

Peter Kearney will be doing his nut in RC Scotland headquarters, he thinks the child abuse stuff is a conspiracy to make his 'faith' look bad...

Bonny Bigotland indeed, Scotland treated the Irish immigrants with unprecedented kindness and generosity, why does peter the bigot prefer lies and innuendo?

Well said sir.

The whole lot, but these lines in particular.

A 'Must Read' in my humble opinion.

GS_hamilton
22-01-2011, 08:08
Great article. Wonder if the lurking journo's who so often slag this site will read and actually think about what the author is actually saying. Bigotry in Scotland is not a one way street.

scottm
22-01-2011, 08:23
An excellent read, this should be forwarded to as many newspapers as possible.

colinnixon
22-01-2011, 08:29
I can state here and now that the person who wrote that story based it all on fact. A newspaper wanted the article yesterday.

It was decided that it must go to the wider audience first then it cant be changed. There are screenshots where he condemns the Catholic Church and 'Pappa Benny' himself for covering child abuse

People like McGobblegiver are only trying to profit off the back of the songs. Unlike McGobblegiver's book there is in the words of another old song 'No Charge':cool:@:cool:

D4RN-L
22-01-2011, 08:34
A fantastic post, well done and thank you.

rick0115
22-01-2011, 08:48
plz plz plz make this a sticky

earlcmoonbrand
22-01-2011, 08:51
Excellent read. Will make uncomfortable reading for a wide variety of people out there. My congratulations and thanks to the writer for the article.

luvthegers
22-01-2011, 08:55
Many thanks for sharing that excellent and enlightining story, much appreciated.

swtrueblue
22-01-2011, 09:01
Brilliant read. Truly deserves a wider audience

stonecoldbear1
22-01-2011, 09:07
Fantastic article that states the truth, just sad that so many within the Scottish media choose to ignore it and are hell bent on stirring up sectarian hatred.

scooter70
22-01-2011, 09:08
Started reading this and then switched off, always do on long reads, however I then went back and read all the way through

Absolute fantastic read and very well written, you are a credit to Rangers fans everywhere but first and foremost a credit to yourself.

Doubt anything like this will see the light of day in traditional mhedia, doesnt fit their agenda at the moment

Well done mate

potlicker
Great Post

Email on its way over the big pond to further spread the "truth" and will be passed on to Junior Potlicker to print out a copy for his school project on Irish History

johnnym06
A fantastic read.

Toby77
22-01-2011, 09:10
Tremendous read, thanks to the OP!

stef1974
22-01-2011, 09:11
Superb post,one of the best i have read on here ever.

NorskGer
22-01-2011, 09:17
Thank you for putting on that post, much appreciated to read it.

dalmore
22-01-2011, 09:19
superb read mate hope all ffs read this

Rod the Prod
22-01-2011, 09:21
It is a superb read. I had no idea of the incredible story of the guy who wrote the WDYGH song.

womble 3
22-01-2011, 09:26
It is a superb read. I had no idea of the incredible story of the guy who wrote the WDYGH song.

aye he is incredible:D:D

TheSnowman
22-01-2011, 09:29
Probably the best post I have ever read anywhere.

Fantastic reading.

orinoco
22-01-2011, 09:30
aye he is incredible:D:D

How would you like a boot in the baws from Wags?:)

Brilliant incredible indeed. Must go through it again

theateam
22-01-2011, 09:31
I take my hat of to you sir
Wonderful post!!!!!!!!!!!

carlos the bear
22-01-2011, 09:31
its about time macgobbledygook got his comeuppance.its funny how this plonkers daughter doesny greet when irafc are singing theyre sectarian murder songs.

Dalgety Bear
22-01-2011, 09:33
I urge all on here to read every last sentence of this article and forward around your network of friends. We must remain proud of Scotland and weed out those reptiles who want to drag us down to their standards.
This post is just too good to work it's way out of page 1 of FF so please please please admin make it a sticky.
Would any newspaper have the balls to publish such an article as long as the author was happy?
I doubt it!

bedsblue
22-01-2011, 09:36
Very informative and a good read,let's hope some newspaper does publish this and await the reaction/backlash of the offended to really show themselves up.Hopefully some of our judicial members could pass it on to their colleagues and get this sectarian breach of the peace charges dropped everywhere,as after reading this they surely could not allow any charges to come against anyone who sings it.

ScoGovLoyal
22-01-2011, 09:38
Try not to get big headed. But I would like to suggest that is worthy of getting printed as an opinion piece. Great bit of writing.

Sutton_Blows_g0ats
22-01-2011, 09:39
What a fantastic article

paisleyprod
22-01-2011, 09:40
outstanding sir.

stoddy
22-01-2011, 09:40
I have read some shite on FollowFollow over the last 10 years or so but this is certainly not one of them, an excellent read that some hacks should take note of.

gardi
22-01-2011, 09:42
The pen is indeed mightier than the sword, top read, kudos sir.

rockboy number 1
22-01-2011, 09:44
superb post well written one of the best posts ever

tommyhlrsc
22-01-2011, 09:44
Fantastic read, just goes to show how a guys piss take can be turned upon its head to represent something more 'sinister' by those who 'want' it to be.

I'm glad the songwriter has taken time to put his version of events in writing.

Deserves a much wider audience.

thinline
22-01-2011, 09:45
an exellent post, thank you for sharing your story and I hope it reaches far and wide

Superally51
22-01-2011, 09:53
A long but very worthwhile read.

borderscot
excellent post one of the best I've read on here. let's hope some journo lurking takes this on

CaptainBluebear
Outstanding article.
Deserves widespread exposure in the wider media.
Well done sir.

kellydown
22-01-2011, 09:54
Heartening, enlightening and sobering a fantastic retort to the lies that have been allowed to fester.

Well done Sir.

colinnixon
22-01-2011, 09:54
I urge all on here to read every last sentence of this article and forward around your network of friends. We must remain proud of Scotland and weed out those reptiles who want to drag us down to their standards.
This post is just too good to work it's way out of page 1 of FF so please please please admin make it a sticky.
Would any newspaper have the balls to publish such an article as long as the author was happy?
I doubt it!

They were very interested mate but you then take a chance. They offer you money and it then becomes theirs and they can change it

Halfwaythere
22-01-2011, 10:01
well done, great post. Very thought provoking.

Ricky Bobby
22-01-2011, 10:08
Open and honest. Excellent stuff.

There are only a minority on one side raising merry hell and pretending to make something from nothing and the rest of the population seems to be in a daze or denial at what is actually happening. You hit the nail on the head and Scotland needs to reject this "import" of trouble. Jack McConnell and other patsy's taken in by these people should hang their head in shame.

I've said it before, this should not be Rangers fight. This should be Scotlands fight.

Red_White_and_Ajax
22-01-2011, 10:09
for some time I have said that Scotland is storing up a world of shit for itself

Independence will come for Scotland and although I will oppose it with everything I have my actions and that of others won`t be enough . The young in Scotland will vote for it in this generation or the next .

The religious stuff being put forward right now by folk like McGobshite are a ticking time bomb .

carlos the bear
22-01-2011, 10:09
mabye we should send it to uefa and ask for there opinion. and while were at it can we ask why irafc are allowed to play sectarian songs over the tannoy?

James-WATP
22-01-2011, 10:13
What an excellent read, thanks for posting.

McGillivan is a horrible horrible specimen who is hell bent on destroying people's lives, not a very christian thing that is it.

Ricky Bobby
22-01-2011, 10:16
for some time I have said that Scotland is storing up a world of shit for itself

Independence will come for Scotland and although I will oppose it with everything I have my actions and that of others won`t be enough . The young in Scotland will vote for it in this generation or the next .

The religious stuff being put forward right now by folk like McGobshite are a ticking time bomb .

Like Reid, Like Galloway or Sheridan, like even Speirs. Political terrorists playing their stupid cowardly games for their own amusement and everybody else picks up the pieces.

Hootsmon
22-01-2011, 10:17
Terrific read. One of the best posts I've read on the site.

The Predator
22-01-2011, 10:19
I am glad I took time to read that.

Outstanding article

gino
22-01-2011, 10:20
Excellent post - this really deserves a wider audience.

halfaperson
22-01-2011, 10:20
absolutely magnificent article

Baron77
22-01-2011, 10:23
Cracking read and certainly deserving of a bigger audience.

RangersBlu
22-01-2011, 10:28
Cracking read, be a good idea for bears to copy and paste it via email to all other bears in their email.

Macman
22-01-2011, 10:29
Like Reid, Like Galloway or Sheridan, like even Speirs. Political terrorists playing their stupid cowardly games for their own amusement and everybody else picks up the pieces.

Great post, these guys have been stoking the flames for years, just wish someone from their own profession would take them to task on it!

deedle
22-01-2011, 10:34
A good read but I'm afraid whoever responsible is going to have to reveal his real name for this piece to be taken seriously.

The first accusation will be 'how do we know it isn't all made up?'

cwycria
22-01-2011, 10:36
Great read, is it posted anywhere else other than on here?

Worthy of a wider audience.

Hendrie
22-01-2011, 10:38

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-12255189

Hendrie
22-01-2011, 10:39
Brilliant read, a breath of fresh air!

jonty9
22-01-2011, 10:41
This is without doubt the finest post I have had the pleasure of experiencing on FF. I wonder what the fallout will be from it. :ninja:

garyw09
22-01-2011, 10:44
One of the best things I have ever read on here, thanks for sharing mate.

jonty9
22-01-2011, 10:45
A good read but I'm afraid whoever responsible is going to have to reveal his real name for this piece to be taken seriously.

The first accusation will be 'how do we know it isn't all made up?'

It could well be made up, but I would suggest there are too many things woven through the story - which would take a heck of a lot of time and research - for this to be the case. Also, I have no doubt that admin would be "in the know" with this person to some degree.

DangerousDave
22-01-2011, 10:45
Vatican letter on sex abuse from '97 revealed
Confidential message to Irish clergy could feed lawsuits around world
Last Updated: Tuesday, January 18, 2011 | 6:34 PM ET .The Associated Press
The Vatican intervened in a 1997 letter, obtained by The Associated Press this week, to advise the Irish church against reporting all allegations of sexual abuse by clergy to the police. (Associated Press)
A newly revealed 1997 letter from the Vatican warned Ireland's Catholic bishops not to report all suspected child-abuse cases to police — a disclosure with the potential to fuel more lawsuits worldwide against the Vatican, which has long denied any involvement in coverups.

The letter, obtained by Irish broadcasters RTE and provided to The Associated Press, documents the Vatican's rejection of an Irish church initiative to begin helping police identify pedophile priests.

The letter's message undermines persistent Vatican claims that the church never instructed bishops to withhold evidence or suspicion of crimes from police. Instead, the letter emphasizes the church's right to handle all child-abuse allegations and determine punishments in house rather than hand that power to civil authorities.

Catholic officials in Ireland declined requests for comment on the letter, which RTE said it received from an Irish bishop.

Child-abuse activists in Ireland said the 1997 letter should demonstrate, once and for all, that the protection of pedophile priests from criminal investigation was not only sanctioned by Vatican leaders but ordered by them. A key argument employed by the Vatican in defending dozens of lawsuits over clerical sex abuse in Canada and the United States is that it had no role in ordering local church authorities to suppress evidence of crimes.

"The letter is of huge international significance, because it shows that the Vatican's intention is to prevent reporting of abuse to criminal authorities," said Colm O'Gorman, director of the Irish chapter of human rights watchdog Amnesty International. "And if that instruction applied here, it applied everywhere."

To this day, the Vatican has yet to endorse any of the Irish church's three major policy documents since 1996 on reporting suspected child abuse to civil authorities. In his 2010 pastoral letter to the Irish people condemning pedophiles in the ranks, Pope Benedict XVI faulted Ireland's bishops for failing to follow canon law and offered no explicit endorsement of child-protection efforts by the Irish church or state.

Policy in place for years?
O'Gorman — who was raped repeatedly by an Irish priest when he was an altar boy and was among the first victims to speak out in the mid-1990s — said evidence is mounting that some Irish bishops continued to follow the 1997 Vatican instructions and withheld reports of crimes against children as recently as 2008.

A third major state-ordered investigation into Catholic abuse coverups, concerning the southwest Irish diocese of Cloyne, is expected to be published within the next few months.

Two state-commissioned reports published in 2009 unveiled decades of coverups of abuse involving tens of thousands of children since the 1930s.

Irish church leaders didn't begin telling police about suspected pedophile priests until the mid-1990s. In January 1996, Irish bishops published a groundbreaking policy document spelling out their newfound determination to report all suspected abuse cases to police.

But in the January 1997 letter seen Tuesday by the AP, the Vatican's diplomat in Ireland at the time, Archbishop Luciano Storero, told the bishops a senior church panel in Rome, the Congregation for the Clergy, had decided the Irish church's year-old policy of "mandatory" reporting of abuse claims conflicted with canon law.

Irish church told to follow 'canon law'
Storero emphasized in the letter that the Irish church's policy was not recognized by the Vatican and was "merely a study document." He said canon law, which required abuse allegations to be handled within the church, "must be meticulously followed."

Storero, who died in 2000, wrote, without elaborating, that mandatory reporting of child-abuse claims to police "gives rise to serious reservations of both a moral and a canonical nature."

He warned that bishops who followed the Irish child-protection policy and reported a priest's suspected crimes to police ran the risk of having their in-house punishments of the priest overturned by the Congregation for the Clergy.

The letter, originally obtained by the RTE religious affairs program Would You Believe? said the Congregation for the Clergy in Rome was pursuing "a global study" of sexual-abuse policies and would establish worldwide child-protection policies "at the appropriate time."

The Vatican's child-protection policies today remain in legal limbo. It currently advises bishops worldwide to report crimes to police only in a legally non-binding lay guide, but it does not mention this in the official legal document provided by another powerful church body, the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, which continues to stress the secrecy of canon law.

The central message of Storero's letter was reported second-hand by two priests as part of Ireland's mammoth investigation into the 1975-2004 coverup of hundreds of child-abuse cases in the Dublin Archdiocese. The letter itself, marked "strictly confidential," has never been published before.

© The Canadian Press, 2011

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/18/vativan-letter-sex-abuse-ireland.html#ixzz1Bl8lU1tY

Wee_Cric
22-01-2011, 10:47
I'm from Belfast myself and have spent quite a few years living abroad mixing with a lot of more educated Tims (for some reason even the more clueless of both sets of first generation OF fans seem to become more moderate when you drag them out of the north of the British isles).

Anyway a couple of close Celtic friends have laughed at PhilMcG's nonsense. One particularly devout atheist friend was enraged by the attempt to label Dallasgate as being anti-Celtic, rather than a light hearted joke about what he seen as completely seperate and corrupt organisation, the RC church.

The fact that Phil has referred to himself as a 'dissident journalist' reeked of innuendo never mind the fact that he Gaelicised his own name, something which the majority of actual Irish Republicans I've ever met have not even done. He has basically been pandering to the lowest common denominator in the west of Scotland and he is seen for what he is outside of such a closed mindset.

aldos
22-01-2011, 10:50
Great read. Once u get into it get the old grey matter working

Ardgowan_Bear
22-01-2011, 10:56
The best post I have read on here..;)

Time we brought back the BB and TFS...let them prove in court that they are illegal.

I hope McGobbleGiver gets his dues

pedro_the_meek
22-01-2011, 10:57
Great post....

WATP

bluestevie
22-01-2011, 10:57
Great to have the Truth in black and white

Educational read:)

fbshd
22-01-2011, 11:00
Great post. Perhaps we could have a chat about the filming rights? :angel:

FBS

NS
22-01-2011, 11:05
Great read

mrgallus
22-01-2011, 11:06
Interesting and enjoyable read.

Sam_English
22-01-2011, 11:06
WOW that was a very interesting read.

Great post.

Rod the Prod
22-01-2011, 11:07
Why is this not a sticky yet? Come on admin!

TheCommentator
22-01-2011, 11:07
Excellent post and all very true.

joe1958
22-01-2011, 11:08
long read but well worth it ---- exellent, should go to a much wider audience

fluter
22-01-2011, 11:11
An absolute fantastic post

moondance
22-01-2011, 11:11
Brilliant stuff. This is why I love FF. Getting an article like this out to a wider audience is so important.

willyeb
22-01-2011, 11:13
Brillant post, I know the author personally and spent time in London with him and know this is a story from the heart and all true. Well done my friend.:)

jnloyal
22-01-2011, 11:17
Absolutely outstanding post. Very articulate and informative. I doff my cap.

crimson tide
22-01-2011, 11:19
superb read mate thanks for posting this.
well done

number7
22-01-2011, 11:19
Brilliant
FF needs more like this

DangerousDave
22-01-2011, 11:23
Thoroughly enjoyed that too!

BroomhouseBear
22-01-2011, 11:35
A fantastic article and highlights exactly how bigoted, twisted and agenda driven the p*sh Phil spouts is.

The stuff about him being full of his own self importance is bang on the money. He promotes himself to that lot as some sort of knight in shining armour coming to rescue them from all the (no existent!) anti-catholic, anti-Irish and anti-Celtic discrimination that is apparently part of everyone's everyday life in Scotland.

His "friends" on that lots forums go begging to anyone that will listen for donations for Phil's website and plead with folk to buy his forthcoming "book". I use quotation marks because I'm almost certain all it will be is all his blogs from his site gathered together and printed in one place. A pathetic attempt at money making by giving the permanently offended what they want - supposed "proof" that the 85% of the Scottish population that is non-Catholic is deliberately disadvantaging both themselves and the football club they support at every opportunity. :blink: :roll:

The writer of the article is also spot on about Phil's motives. He's not trying to eradicate or improve anything. He's desperately trying to fan the flames and encourage bigotry as this gives him a career and purpose. No bigotry and discrimination (the reality in Scotland) gives Phil nothing to talk about and starves him of the attention he craves.

My wife is catholic, has an honours degree and is a manager here in Scotland at a decent level for a large multinational company. She (and I) grew up, was educated and started out in her career in the west of Scotland. She's NEVER came across any discrimination against her. She NEVER been disadvantaged, held back, been over looked or been denied access to anything because of the religion she was born into or her Irish surname. That's the reality in Scotland but unfortunately it's not the reality Phil is interested in or wants to hear or promote.

He wants to invent some bigoted backwater akin to the American deep south in the 1st half of the 20th century. He's desperate to promote this myth to anyone that will listen and to whip the paranoid element of that mobs support into hysterics. It's his only means of gaining publicity for himself and making a living. He is not a journalist who examines all the facts, lays them out before their audience and draws his conclusions from this. For some reason he hates Scotland and particularly the non-Catholic portion of it's population. He has a hate filled opinion of us and is desperate to prove this by selectively highlighting half truths, myths and down right lies.

Thankfully most media outlets see straight though him and realise he is a bitter, twisted, agenda driven bigot. This is the reason no one on either side of the Irish sea will employ him. Yes, the occasional article gets printed but it doesn't take long for any outlet doing this to quickly realise what he's up to. A quick glance at his website and you can almost feel the hatred and bitterness oozing from the words. Having said he still needs challenged at every opportunity and it's great to read this article.

I also firmly believe believe it won't be long till the "bold Phil" finds himself on the wrong end of a lawsuit. IMO he continually slanders Scotland and the majority of its population by calling us all hate filled racist bigots. He can't help himself and in his desperation to prove that the voices in his head are telling him the truth he'll slip up and someone will sue him for everything he has. :D

Saltire-Stevie
22-01-2011, 11:36
At last .... Our side of the story .... people like McGillivan cant be allowed to peddle their lies as gospel any longer .... he and attention seekers like him will kill this country if he is not stopped !!!

deedle
22-01-2011, 11:36
Read this last night when it was published on VB. They never fail when it comes to articles like this.

Fantastic article.

It sounds like their sort of stuff.

Problem is that if any of this article is found to be untrue it will backfire big-time.

As it stands, no-one can take it as a riposte to McGillivan because it is written anonymously.

afribear
22-01-2011, 11:37
People over here in Ireland are moving on after much turmoil and we don’t need 2nd or 3rd generation Plastic Paddies arriving here with the sole intention of stirring the pot. Evil bigoted attitudes like the one he is displaying need to be consigned to the dustbins of Irish/Scottish history.

How true is this? If you look at most Scottish Celtic fans facebook pages and bebo pages and read their comments there is nothing but evil, bigotted hatred. I know that we are not squeeky clean but surely for the neutral looking in they must see them for what they are, funny thing is that they make us out to be the bad ones. They are really brainwashed from birth. If only our media and politicians had the balls to stand up and be counted.

canisbaybluenose
22-01-2011, 11:38
The best post I have read on here for a long time. Bitter people like him are damaging Scotland, creating a problem that we don't need. What we need beyond anything else is for our politicians to deal with this problem by getting rid of denominational schools.

We are all Scots and could and should be able to live together. We do in most of Scotland outside the Glasgow area (where in the main we have no denominational schools). The site of so many Scots singing Irish Rebel songs every week at the girodome, most of whom have never been in Ireland and probably have no Irish history is ridiculous. Of course Celtic want to keep it going, they are making money out of it.

I have said this many times before there is a sustained campaign to marginalise Protestant Scots that are proud to be British. The present SNP government will offer no support to anything even remotely connected to the UK. We represent something they are happy to ridicule and marginalise.

But we just walk blindly along, meekly accepting our fate. We can't even rise against the bigotry shown by Lloyds bank. We are fragmented and have no leadership culturally or politically.

Look at the muted almost irrelevant celebration of the 450th anniversary of John Knox. This is a Scot that led our reformation away from Catholicism and created the Church of Scotland. He was the first person to articulate many of the founding principles of what it means to be Scottish that still shape many of our political beliefs today. He started the process that led to free education and the removal of poverty.

His history is not even taught in schools today. However the poor downtrodden Jacobites who did little to further the live of their clansman are revered and respected.

People like Bain will prosper if we don't know and celebrate our own heritage, If we don't take pride and understand our own heritage people like him will create a version of history that is skewed and blinkered. It is up to us.

RangersForMe
22-01-2011, 11:38
A very good read that. I particularly liked the bit about throwing bigotry over the neighbours wall. It sort of captures in a few words what some twisted Scottish plastic paddies dedicate their lives too.

Ricky Bobby
22-01-2011, 11:48
Just a thought after reading that is that maybe the club have been right to keep the "dignified" silence on many of the matters. It hurts that we have been constantly beaten left, right and centre over the past few years but had we spoken out we would've got into a bun fight with a bunch of delusion lunatics and it wouldn't look good. George Peat is the recent example, he's spot on but even entertaining the scum on their terms is like playing against loaded dice.

scottylad72
22-01-2011, 11:50
Powerful stuff Sir, cap doffed. Made me think about my own prejudice and preconceptions about others, not just RC Irish but everyone.

thenodster
22-01-2011, 11:51
Fine read,hat off to that man.

Jimenez
22-01-2011, 11:54
Met the author in Portsmouth and he seems a really good lad.

An excellent piece.

Buchlyvie
22-01-2011, 12:00
An enjoyable read!!!

BelfastExile1873
22-01-2011, 12:14
Just put it on PDF to make it easier to forward.

Download link here chaps.

http://www.mediafire.com/?2ad25yrdqzc88qg

Iron_Curtain
22-01-2011, 12:22
A cracking article, a very interesting read. Thanks for posting.

orinoco
22-01-2011, 12:24
It sounds like their sort of stuff.

Problem is that if any of this article is found to be untrue it will backfire big-time.

As it stands, no-one can take it as a riposte to McGillivan because it is written anonymously.

The guy will have no problem coming forward when the time is right. I know him and know he turned down the newspaper as he didnt want anything changed. You know rightly who he is as well. Admin on here would be well aware of the situation Im sure

keppochbear
22-01-2011, 12:25
tremendous post ,great insight to past in east belfast how times have changed espeically in the wcs due to the idiots you mention,all the best have been in your company a few times due to us having a mutal friend

fly_boy
22-01-2011, 12:37
As ontheline stated, it took me a little time to get into it. Once I did it was a fantastic post a great advert for this forum.

andyd
22-01-2011, 12:37
Can only echo what's been said on here already. An outstanding and informative post.

deedle
22-01-2011, 12:43
The guy will have no problem coming forward when the time is right. I know him and know he turned down the newspaper as he didnt want anything changed. You know rightly who he is as well. Admin on here would be well aware of the situation Im sure

I don't know who the guy is.

If he had written this three years ago (or at least a shortened version which focused only on McGillivan) and contacted a paper then we might be in a different ball-park. It just might have achieved something in terms of countering the propaganda that was emerging over 'TFS'.

As it stands, an anonymous post on a website will just be ignored.

While McGillivan is a complete chancer he holds a huge advantage in that he has made everyone aware of just who he is.

Fazerboy
22-01-2011, 12:53
Excellent read mate, cheers for posting.

Napster79
22-01-2011, 13:18
The best post I have ever read in Follow Follow. It's as simple as that.

gsg59
22-01-2011, 13:30
An excellent read, thank you for sharing.

interbear
22-01-2011, 13:52
Excellent read that - common sense and truth, something the media like to ignore.

Gary_L
22-01-2011, 13:56
well done also may i add
i have wrote on phils blogs many a time that he is an attention seeker and is a danger to scottish society as a whole
also i know from experience how things progress in life when fools such as phil spout their hate filled openly anti British agenda's
while he remains hiden behind his keyboard young men take him at his word, and take up arms while the instigators such as cowards like phil sit back and be what they are best at in life IE COWARDS AND LIARS
people in Scotland should be aware of how quickly sectarian violence can spread and quickly become unstoppable to the extent of arms being taken up and ghettos established. all on the whim of a deluded lunatic who will never be seen on the front line.
For the sake of your children and grandchildren make it known to the powers that be of this dangerous lunatic before he starts a chain of events that scotland will for decades come to regret.
i to have listened to this hate filled man on radio in the South of Ireland trying to protray Scotland as a vile and repugnant [ his words ] place for young catholics.
The presenters on the station sent him on his way by making his claims out to be exactally what they are A JOKE as is he, but on issues such as this the JOKER IS DANGEROUS.
SO all in all well done to the writer for this artical and lets get this fool phil exposed for what he is to the wider public.

orinoco
22-01-2011, 13:57

If he had written this three years ago (or at least a shortened version which focused only on McGillivan) and contacted a paper then we might be in a different ball-park. It just might have achieved something in terms of countering the propaganda that was emerging over 'TFS'.

While McGillivan is a complete chancer he holds a huge advantage in that he has made everyone aware of just who he is.

There is a much bigger picture in the background. The old saying 'The bigger they are the harder they fall' could well come into effect on McGobblegiver. Maybe you should try and do something constructive instead of bitching about other sites. You are not helping one bit unless of course it is division you want. I have spoken to the Author and he Def knows you sir

Gary_L
22-01-2011, 15:23
Just put it on PDF to make it easier to forward.

Download link here chaps.

http://www.mediafire.com/?2ad25yrdqzc88qg

good idea well done

followfollow73
22-01-2011, 15:27
this is the first thing i have had a chance to read on here as my internet was off for a few month... its great to be back as that post is something else.. well done fellow East Belfast man... a great read.. thank you ;)

deedle
22-01-2011, 15:30
There is a much bigger picture in the background. The old saying 'The bigger they are the harder they fall' could well come into effect on McGobblegiver. Maybe you should try and do something constructive instead of bitching about other sites. You are not helping one bit unless of course it is division you want. I have spoken to the Author and he Def knows you sir

Erm, if I knew who wrote the thing I might perhaps not be so critical.

No-one has ever told me they wrote TFS or been introduced to me as such.

Gary_L
22-01-2011, 15:38
Erm, if I knew who wrote the thing I might perhaps not be so critical.

No-one has ever told me they wrote TFS or been introduced to me as such.

not wanting to argue with you but if you knew him why would you not have been so critical.
surely your opinon would be the same

Kel
22-01-2011, 15:44
fantastic post

put this on your FB or wherever else you frequent and get this to the wider audience

Fergie1873
22-01-2011, 15:53
That is the best post I have read on this forum and should be made public knowledge to let the wider audience have a better understanding of the sinister folk like McGobble who are trying to stir up hatred in our country.

gertilidie
22-01-2011, 16:14
I have to agree that this is a fine post but I also have to agree with another poster asking why this has taken so long to emerge . Nonetheless a brilliant post

Jack Wolfskin
22-01-2011, 16:35
not wanting to argue with you but if you knew him why would you not have been so critical.
surely your opinon would be the same

Couldn't have put it better myself.

billy_sollox
22-01-2011, 16:35
In a sea of positive posts there's but one dissenting voice? Why am I not surprised?

thenoey
22-01-2011, 16:36
great post well put

orinoco
22-01-2011, 16:37
A fantastic article and highlights exactly how bigoted, twisted and agenda driven the p*sh Phil spouts is.

The stuff about him being full of his own self importance is bang on the money. He promotes himself to that lot as some sort of knight in shining armour coming to rescue them from all the (no existent!) anti-catholic, anti-Irish and anti-Celtic discrimination that is apparently part of everyone's everyday life in Scotland.

His "friends" on that lots forums go begging to anyone that will listen for donations for Phil's website and plead with folk to buy his forthcoming "book". I use quotation marks because I'm almost certain all it will be is all his blogs from his site gathered together and printed in one place. A pathetic attempt at money making by giving the permanently offended what they want - supposed "proof" that the 85% of the Scottish population that is non-Catholic is deliberately disadvantaging both themselves and the football club they support at every opportunity. :blink: :roll:

The writer of the article is also spot on about Phil's motives. He's not trying to eradicate or improve anything. He's desperately trying to fan the flames and encourage bigotry as this gives him a career and purpose. No bigotry and discrimination (the reality in Scotland) gives Phil nothing to talk about and starves him of the attention he craves.

My wife is catholic, has an honours degree and is a manager here in Scotland at a decent level for a large multinational company. She (and I) grew up, was educated and started out in her career in the west of Scotland. She's NEVER came across any discrimination against her. She NEVER been disadvantaged, held back, been over looked or been denied access to anything because of the religion she was born into or her Irish surname. That's the reality in Scotland but unfortunately it's not the reality Phil is interested in or wants to hear or promote.

He wants to invent some bigoted backwater akin to the American deep south in the 1st half of the 20th century. He's desperate to promote this myth to anyone that will listen and to whip the paranoid element of that mobs support into hysterics. It's his only means of gaining publicity for himself and making a living. He is not a journalist who examines all the facts, lays them out before their audience and draws his conclusions from this. For some reason he hates Scotland and particularly the non-Catholic portion of it's population. He has a hate filled opinion of us and is desperate to prove this by selectively highlighting half truths, myths and down right lies.

Thankfully most media outlets see straight though him and realise he is a bitter, twisted, agenda driven bigot. This is the reason no one on either side of the Irish sea will employ him. Yes, the occasional article gets printed but it doesn't take long for any outlet doing this to quickly realise what he's up to. A quick glance at his website and you can almost feel the hatred and bitterness oozing from the words. Having said he still needs challenged at every opportunity and it's great to read this article.

I also firmly believe believe it won't be long till the "bold Phil" finds himself on the wrong end of a lawsuit. IMO he continually slanders Scotland and the majority of its population by calling us all hate filled racist bigots. He can't help himself and in his desperation to prove that the voices in his head are telling him the truth he'll slip up and someone will sue him for everything he has. :D

Mate that is a cracking post. Well said

rosbear
22-01-2011, 16:40
Really enjoyed that, more power to your pen Sir!

Kel
22-01-2011, 16:45
In a sea of positive posts there's but one dissenting voice? Why am I not surprised?

You've almost answered your own question.

Willowbankbear
22-01-2011, 16:53
Absolutely brilliant post by F. O , I was aware of it last night & it should be made a sticky on here . Probably the best post on here for the last year.

replay
22-01-2011, 17:07
Superb article and one deserving of a wider audience.

rewj
22-01-2011, 17:07
very informative thanks for posting was riveted

thenoey
22-01-2011, 17:11
well done also may i add
i have wrote on phils blogs many a time that he is an attention seeker and is a danger to scottish society as a whole
also i know from experience how things progress in life when fools such as phil spout their hate filled openly anti British agenda's
while he remains hiden behind his keyboard young men take him at his word, and take up arms while the instigators such as cowards like phil sit back and be what they are best at in life IE COWARDS AND LIARS
people in Scotland should be aware of how quickly sectarian violence can spread and quickly become unstoppable to the extent of arms being taken up and ghettos established. all on the whim of a deluded lunatic who will never be seen on the front line.
For the sake of your children and grandchildren make it known to the powers that be of this dangerous lunatic before he starts a chain of events that scotland will for decades come to regret.
i to have listened to this hate filled man on radio in the South of Ireland trying to protray Scotland as a vile and repugnant [ his words ] place for young catholics.
The presenters on the station sent him on his way by making his claims out to be exactally what they are A JOKE as is he, but on issues such as this the JOKER IS DANGEROUS.
SO all in all well done to the writer for this artical and lets get this fool phil exposed for what he is to the wider public.

good points also

sherbrook_loyal
22-01-2011, 17:15
That's a very good read.

Walsall Loyal
22-01-2011, 17:20

You seem to be trying to put a downer on the article and it's contents, why? For what it's worth i think it's a great read

bilkobear
22-01-2011, 17:30
Thank you for that post.
It was just great, both as a read and as a sign post of information.
I thought the famine song was hilarious so thanks to the author for that as well.
Just a great big thanks.

Marisa Miller Loyal
22-01-2011, 17:33
good article , a very interesting read , my cap is doffed to Forever Offended

billy1872
22-01-2011, 17:33
McGillivan is a dangerous bassard and one who will cause civil unrest if he's allowed to continue attacking the majority of people of Scotland. Any article, which in some small way, fights back and get our point of view out there, is worthy of our praise and attention.

Why anyone would attack the author, for not giving his real name, is open to conjecture. Does the guy complaining add his real name when writing articles?

willyeb
22-01-2011, 18:29
The author was prepared to go to court in defence of the William Walls. The reason why he wanted to go was because William had previous and the author thought there would be a stitch up. He was told he was not needed.

The following is a letter that was sent to Donald Findlay QC to consider as evidence in the Appeal of William Walls (the first person to be convicted of singing the Famine Chant, although the media and legal sector have labelled it 'The Famine Song' - a big difference and a huge mistake).

I do not know what view Donald Findlay QC has on the letter as, unfortunately he never replied, and I am quite sure that he never used it as evidence in the Appeal. Findlay lost the Appeal and the crime of singing of the Famine Song/Chant is now set in stone - and as Gary_L quite clearly, and wisely states, while McGobblegiver dangerously continues to stoke the sectarian fire.

From the chant, to the song, to the letter and now to this lastest article, Billl & Will continue to Fight The Good Fight. A massive thumbs up.

* I have underlined a very important part of the story of the song/chant.

To whom it may concern

I have recently read a report in The Herald newspaper which detailed the conviction of Rangers supporter William Walls for singing the so-called “Famine Song”. Further, I note that Mr. Walls has lodged an appeal against conviction. The four-line song Mr. Walls sang:

Why don’t you go home ?
Why don’t you go home ?
The famine is over
Why don’t you go home ?

I first heard the chant early last season at a Rangers game and found it amusing. I would also go as far to say “politically correct”.

After years of enduring Celtic fans’ songs and chants glorifying Irish Republican terrorists the reply seemed pertinent and mocking. More recently we have witnessed incidents like the Celtic Remembrance Day fiasco and the taunts and gloating following the murder of British soldiers and Northern Ireland Police Officers.

My friend and I decided to add more words to the four-line chant as a wind-up and posted the resultant song on You tube. Subsequently, Celtic defeated Rangers twice in quick succession around April 2008. The chant was sung at both games but there was no mention of it in any media outlet. The following September when the new football season had begun, Rangers defeated Celtic at Parkhead.

A person by the name of Phil McGillivan (Mac Giolla Bhain) came to the fore, seemingly screaming from the roof-tops that Rangers fans were mocking the Irish Potato Famine, and claiming live on radio that his 10 year old daughter was reduced to tears on him explaining the song to her.

The truth of the matter is that we were merely mocking the pseudo-Irishmen and pro-Republicans of the Celtic support and asking them why if they love and cherish the “Oul’ Country” then why do they chose to live in Scotland? - There being no political or economical obstruction preventing them “returning” to Ireland, not that many of them have ever lived there in the first place!

Some of my own ancestors may well have fled Ireland for Scottish shores only to be fed and housed during the Great Famine. I certainly don’t see any sectarian element to the song. Indeed my Irish Roman Catholic friend’s, when socialising with me at my home, insisted that I play it for them!

The song that we wrote, namely “Dirty Blighters” (not the Famine Song, as the serially offended prefer to call it) contains no bad language and only points out historical and political truths. Similarly, one of our other songs highlights the persecution of the Jewish minority in Limerick, Ireland in 1904 and subsequently by Nazi Germany and her allies in the 1930’s and 40’s.

In my lifetime I have lived in various countries and mixed with people of all creeds and colours. Why anyone would describe me as racist is beyond comprehension. I never was and never will be, and certainly not towards those living on the same island as myself. I am proud of my own Irish heritage, my Irish passport and my connections to the United Kingdom. I would also state that I consider myself more of an Irishman than the Phil McGillivan’s of this world. Indeed it would seem Mr. McGillivan, born and raised in Scotland, has one goal in life – to decry and defame (in any way he can) Rangers Football Club and their supporters specifically and the Protestant/Unionist population in Scotland, Ireland and the UK in general.

I feel the conviction Mr. Walls received for singing four trivial lines of a song that is no more than a mickey-take sets a very dangerous precedent regarding freedom of speech on these islands.

Regards

Bill & Will

Hamburg
22-01-2011, 18:50
An excellent article.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

popeye
22-01-2011, 18:54
Good read.

Did they ever find the guy who sent the bullets? :ninja:

Grandmaster_Suck
22-01-2011, 18:55
Posters - please desist from verbal tennis and tag-teaming other users or more posts will be chopped.

billy1872
22-01-2011, 18:56
Good read.

Try the Republican slime that threatened to shoot Nial McGinn not so long ago. Or you could also try the IRA gangster and racketeer, that wee Lennon is involved with.

arnietac1
22-01-2011, 18:57
At last .... Our side of the story .... people like McGillivan cant be allowed to peddle their lies as gospel any longer .... he and attention seekers like him will kill this country if he is not stopped !!!

Sorry mate...that is not our side of the story. It is just fact...for everyone.

A marvellous piece.

East_Belfast_Bear
22-01-2011, 19:03
Great article, one that ALL Rangers supporters should welcome. This bigoted creep who lives in donegal should be challenged at every opportunity.

thenoey
22-01-2011, 19:04
Good read.

We all know that them bullets were sent by their own.

Mr Humphrey
22-01-2011, 19:05
Try the Republican slime that threatened to shoot Nial McGinn not so long ago. Or you could also try the IRA gangster and racketeer, that wee Lennon is involved with.

I think the company that TLB was involved in was called Rocket Develpoments.

Kel
22-01-2011, 19:07

Neil Lemmon is squeaky clean who gets invovled in no bother

The Scottish Media

colinnixon
22-01-2011, 19:15
Great article, one that ALL Rangers supporters should welcome. This bigoted creep who lives in donegal should be challenged at every opportunity.

Mate there was a supposed Linfield supporter on earlier with a gripe about a song so I will try to explain it through you as I am told by the writer

In the late 70s there were problems for either Glentoran or Linfield if they wanted to sign Catholics because of the troubles caused by the IRA. Glentoran took the chance first and signed a great footballer. The Linfield fans would give out a bit of stick and the song was written as a response as the author didnt agree with the songs.
that were being sung. It was all football banter and taken as such. Could you imagine the Gobblegiver in Belfast spouting his hatred? he wouldnt last too long IMO:cool:

Saltire-Stevie
22-01-2011, 19:17
Sorry mate...that is not our side of the story. It is just fact...for everyone.

A marvellous piece.

No need to nit pick mate .. We are all in agreement with the sentiment of the piece !!!

Big D
22-01-2011, 19:23
Outstanding read.

Aforesaid!

womble 3
22-01-2011, 19:26
Brilliant stuff. This is why I love FF. Getting an article like this out to a wider audience is so important.

this article can not be attributed to FF

But its good to see here and put out to a wider aundience

colinnixon
22-01-2011, 19:32
Foreveroffended isn't the only Irishman...

The following is from the Irish Times:

”The Famine Song is actually relatively mild by the standards of some of the sectarian bile that pours out from the stands, but it was evidently judged to be especially outrageous because it mentions the Famine. What was forgotten is that it was Celtic fans who brought the Famine into it in the first place, by adopting the ersatz Famine balled The Fields of Athenry as their anthem.”
The facts of the matters are that Celtic fans wave Irish tricolours and sing about the Famine (and have banners such as "born of famine and oppression") while they boo and jeer the flags, emblems and anthems of the country they do now live in - therefore in a piss-take of their faux-Irishness the Rangers fans retaliate by singing "the famine is over, why don't you go home?" In the context, its essentially footballing banter, nothing else. Those that are attempting to link it to anything more sinister are the real bigots. [:eek:

buzzydog
22-01-2011, 19:48
What a wonderful piece of writing and I wish it would go out to a wider
audience. Reading the piece made me realise that we in West of Scotland
are very tolerant. We put up with their plastic theme pubs, their flouting of
IRA flags, their songs etc..... I wish they would all "go home". Nobody
would stand in their way. Just go.

jonnymcc1
22-01-2011, 20:06
A fantastic read.

replay
22-01-2011, 20:18

”The Famine Song is actually relatively mild by the standards of some of the sectarian bile that pours out from the stands, but it was evidently judged to be especially outrageous because it mentions the Famine. What was forgotten is that it was Celtic fans who brought the Famine into it in the first place, by adopting the ersatz Famine balled The Fields of Athenry as their anthem.”
The facts of the matters are that Celtic fans wave Irish tricolours and sing about the Famine (and have banners such as "born of famine and oppression") while they boo and jeer the flags, emblems and anthems of the country they do now live in - therefore in a piss-take of their faux-Irishness the Rangers fans retaliate by singing "the famine is over, why don't you go home?" In the context, its essentially footballing banter, nothing else. Those that are attempting to link it to anything more sinister are the real bigots. [:eek:

Indeed, the REAL bigots need to be highlighted more.

robert11s
22-01-2011, 20:41
Thanks for posting mate.
About time someone put the true nature and agenda of this clown MacGobbleGiver down in black and white. Sadly i fear it will make this whore feel more self important that someone took the time to do a piece on him.

Afca
22-01-2011, 20:42
Excellent read, thank you very much.

gourockblue50
22-01-2011, 20:47
A fantastic piece.

Does this put another light on the boys who were found guilty after charges brought about by singing TFS?

Our club needs it's arse kicked for rolling over re TBB.

Gary_L
22-01-2011, 21:21
this article can not be attributed to FF

But its good to see here and put out to a wider aundience
even sweeter reading from 11 points clear :p

skyger
22-01-2011, 21:31
What an eyeopener `a fantastic read we really must mount a campaign against this protestant hating scumbag. Quite simply to do nothing after reading that would be criminal the question is what can we do? my blood is boiling.

gertilidie
22-01-2011, 21:35

Articles like this make me pull my hair out. This should be sent to every media outlet in the west of Scotland and they should be told we demand an answer as to why they all jumped on the offended bandwagon

Only one journalist to my knowledge came out and said it was just banter and that was Celtic fan Donald Mcleod who has a piece in The Sun on Saturdays

I hope articles like this and the OP's post are the turning point in this f'ucked up mess, but I won't hold my breath as the taig media are as bad as McGobblegiver :mad:

ali.f
22-01-2011, 21:36
It would be great to see this getting published in the wider world, a very thought provoking and honest post and shows that not all Irish"republican" people are rabid like the plastic version in the WOS

bigmalky
22-01-2011, 21:42
Brilliant post; absolutely brilliant. Hope you don't mind if I try and sum it up.........."Why don't these Mhanky horrible fenian hypocritical dirty scumbags just go home":):):)

PS Bring it on ya ugly toothstained Lurgan Bigot :):):)

skyger
22-01-2011, 22:34
What an eyeopener `a fantastic read we really must mount a campaign against this protestant hating scumbag. Quite simply to do nothing after reading that would be criminal the question is what can we do? my blood is boiling.

JobearGer
22-01-2011, 22:50
Like some others, I read halfway down the 1st page and thought "enough already" then I read some replies and went back to the start and read it all the way through.
I found it to be an absolutely compelling read and would recommend it to all and sundry.
McGobblegiver has a lot to answer too, between him and the Odious Creep we have found our Arch enemies, I know, I, like most people on here hate Scumothy with a passion, but I hate them as a Football Club, I hate what they stand for, I hate their mopishness, I hate their love of all things Anti British,I hate the fact that they hate Rangers more than they love Celtc, I hate their Republicanness, and the very fact that they are allowed to glorify terrorist bastards, who have killed and maimed innocent British, Men, Women and Children . I hate their Fans collectively.
I admit to having RC mates [and Celtc supporters] that I have had for 50 years and more, I know some pretty decent RC's and Celtc Fans, but not too many, and don't think that their genuine fans [the ones that know and still admit to being Scottish] are all that different from us, it is the Plastics and hard core Republicans that I really detest.
But it angers me to think that the Son of Baptist Minister and a person who supported us as a boy, would ever betray us in the manner that Odious Creep has, and then still have the temerity to still look for freebies from Ibrox, it is time that we did BAN The Discredited Journalist, for once and for all.

wokster
22-01-2011, 23:59
That is without doubt the best post I have ever read on here. Absolutely fascinating read.

We'r Simply The Best
23-01-2011, 00:36
Absolute top class article mate. Please, please, please ensure that this article reaches a wider audience. This is the sort of thing that journalists SHOULD write or publish, but instead we are bombarded with Anti-Rangers slurs.

And again... PLEASE ENSURE THIS ARTICLE REACHES THE FANS WHO DONT USE FF!

Thats the kind of article that puts into perspective everything (regarding Celtic, songs etc).

leroy jetson
23-01-2011, 00:44
excellent post and highlights what a low life scumbag McGillivan is, if only this could be published mainstream

Dr_Seuss
23-01-2011, 01:04
Brilliant post. Sure it will be printed in full in the Scottish press....... maybe not.

jmac49
23-01-2011, 01:16
excellent read .if mcgillivan is that depressed he can throw himself in front of my train anytime .i'd even go to donegal if he wants

onceuponabriggsbear
23-01-2011, 08:02
enjoyed reading it like everyone else, found it very thought provoking in the sense of surely the author's statement could support claims of a further appeal to have the guy's conviction overturned ?

also, surely this donegal based bigot is breaking UK laws on inciting religious hatred ?

govanx
23-01-2011, 08:14
Brilliant read, I actually bookmarked it to send to friends. Thanks for all of the info mate.

Braesbear22
23-01-2011, 10:27
That was a super post and one of the best I ever have read on here from start to finish, warts and all Blootoonger lays outto show the way it is.
The early parts may not be that palatable to some in our family but demonstrates the tolerance that we were once renowned for while the rest just spells out what we are up against.
Well done sir!

Kingsparkger
23-01-2011, 11:36
A terrific read, greatly informative and one of the best posts this messageboard has seen in a long time.

colinnixon
23-01-2011, 12:47

The world and it's media are slowly waking up to this evil vindictive person

top gun
23-01-2011, 13:13
The world and it's media are slowly waking up to this evil vindictive person

You just need to get him exposed on a wider scale mate.

®f©Roy®f©
23-01-2011, 17:21
Great read. Need more stuff like this to counterbalance the tripe seeping out from that mhob.

GovanEastCornerLoyal
24-01-2011, 09:02
I read this on VB last night. Great read

jivman
24-01-2011, 09:22
So it's just me who is cynical as to the genuineness of this?

The guys who put 'that' video on youtube are complete c*nts who dragged our club's name through the gutter. Now 2 and a half years later they 'attempt' to put things right?

Arseholes and no friends of Rangers in my very humble opinion.

colinnixon
24-01-2011, 10:13

The guys who put 'that' video on youtube are complete c*nts who dragged our club's name through the gutter. Now 2 and a half years later they 'attempt' to put things right?

Nothing to to with trying to put things right.Murray did not make a stand when he could have and was offered help. This is a response to McGobblegivers book coming out
where he will try to cream money off people for a load of old newspaper clippings. He will play the victim card as long as he can get away with it. Its all about exposing him for what he is. The situation in Scotland today may not be as relevent to some people who are not really aware and just log on to the internet the odd time

Castletownloyal
24-01-2011, 11:32
Absolutekly fantastic read and the sums up the Plastic Paddies perfectly.

Thank you for posting.

belly2103
24-01-2011, 11:38
truelly inspiring my friend.

i have never read something as brilliantly wrote on follow follow.

is there any way to sing of our herritage and not be branded bigots in this moderen era?

i doubt it.

billy1872
24-01-2011, 12:19

Complete cu**s? Are you being serious? As for dragging our name through the gutter, why not write to Murray and ask that complete C*** why he never defended our club - ever?

Why not attack McGillivan, rather an another Rangers supporter, who has made some really good points?

cooperthelegend
24-01-2011, 12:27
Excellent post.

We know the score, but it is the few that try to ruin us that lead the ignorant (and easily led) media people astray.

Hopefully with them reading your post, this may swing round, although somehow I doubt they will have bothered to read past the title!!

leerfc51
24-01-2011, 12:43
What a great read.

welshbear
24-01-2011, 12:58
great read .. great post!

Tweedled123
24-01-2011, 13:43
Brilliant, great read

WMC1972
24-01-2011, 14:00
Superb Read. Funny how its not in any of the national/local press eh?

TN8
24-01-2011, 16:59
Thats an absolutely brilliant read mate, well done.

My thoughts on the "Famine Song" are that an element of our support didnt really help matters. Yes it is a piss-take to poke fun at the plastics - but the minute it was sung to Noel Hunt, Willo Flood etc that defence kind of went out the window. Blew it for ourselves unfortunately.

But if this is true then its good to know it was written by an Irishman who sees the vicTims for what they are, and the descriptions of McGobblegiver are dead on :)

Novocane
24-01-2011, 17:35
Brilliant post, worth the read

Bear_In_Orkney
24-01-2011, 17:41
I enjoyed that.

You see some long winded garbage on FF at times, but this was excellent and obviously written from the heart.

Well done

dublinbluenose
24-01-2011, 17:51
fantastic read

blu-ray
24-01-2011, 17:54
Excellent read hitting the salient points.

Post of the year so far IMO. :)

nc bear
24-01-2011, 17:59
Well done mate a great read

Aesthetic Relic
24-01-2011, 18:03
I saw this the other day and went...."Nah....too long" :o

Took the laptop into the bog for a read and write and thoroughly enjoyed it (The Article) :D

Obviously this will be overlooked by the mhedia as it pisses on their agenda to continually drag our club through as much shit as they can get their hands on.

eb-blueger
24-01-2011, 18:45
[B]well said! hope this appears on more sites than follow follow! spread the word!people like McGillivan need to be flushed out named&shamed!!

ThePedroandMaryChain
24-01-2011, 18:57
We have always been able to laugh at ourselves, hence so many Irish jokes world wide. Maybe McGillivan has difficulty accepting this part of the traditional Irish way due to his illness or his warped logic.

....or maybe it's because he's not Irish.

Good article, lots of salient points which will go unanswered by the real bigots.

Kel
24-01-2011, 19:35
....or maybe it's because he's not Irish.

Good article, lots of salient points which will go unanswered by the real bigots.

In his current mentally ill state he believes he is Irish!

Bermondsey Loyal
24-01-2011, 19:48
Fantastic read, can't wait to hear the bleating from the kiddie fiddlers and their apologists.

JayR
24-01-2011, 20:13
Brilliant as already stated thread of the Year:clap:

willyeb
24-01-2011, 22:06
I saw this the other day and went...."Nah....too long" :o

Took the laptop into the bog for a read and write and thoroughly enjoyed it (The Article) :D

Obviously this will be overlooked by the mhedia as it pisses on their agenda to continually drag our club through as much shit as they can get their hands on.

Do you mean you doing a read and write will be overlooked by the media?:D

McGobblegiver made a statement in a live interview on Saturday it went something like

'Maybe the media in Scotland dont think I'm a journalist but I know I'm one'
I thought he was going to have another breakdown:)

JTAWA
24-01-2011, 22:44
one of the best posts to grace follow follow

I would go further, it's about the best post ive yet read on FF.

david1982
24-01-2011, 22:54
just to knock mcgobblegunks theory on the head that we dont attempt to sign Irish Catholics/ROI players, both Ray Houghton and Alan Maybury were offered the chance to sign for Rangers, both knocked it back not because of the hassle they would have received from Rangers suppoorters, but for the hassle they would have received from sellik supporters

we also have a former ROI player on the coaching staff, Alan Kernaghan

david1982
24-01-2011, 22:56
Do you mean you doing a read and write will be overlooked by the media?:D

McGobblegiver made a statement in a live interview on Saturday it went something like

'Maybe the media in Scotland dont think I'm a journalist but I know I'm one'
I thought he was going to have another breakdown:)

macghobbledhobber doesnt even know which nationality he is never mind what his "occupation" is

number7
24-01-2011, 23:03

a post that is very unbecoming of you Jivman. let yourself down more than a bit there.
describing good Bears as c@nts? Shame on you.

number7
24-01-2011, 23:05
I was thinking that myself who was he reffering to? Is it Phil Mcgobblegiver??

Great article thou very enlightening and interesting read.

yes it's about Phil the Fool.

Google about a bit, and info on phils past is available.

muthacupboard
24-01-2011, 23:52
Interesting article. A bit meandering at times, but makes some good points.

I disagree with this bit, however:

'Words were added and taken away. Of course, the version that stuck was a blistering attack on Irish Republicanism, as the Rangers support sang about being up to their knees in "Fenian blood". While we always knew that we were referring, not to Catholics in general, but to the Fenian Brotherhood, that special breed of Republican who supported sectarian murder gangs.

Clearly, a handful of individuals had a strategy to move the goalposts, with McGillivan being a leading light. There were others, but the bold Phil has been in contact with people of influence with his own particular brand of black propaganda (lies) from the off.'

I'm not convinced this is true, many times I have heard foreign Catholics being referred to as 'fenians' at Rangers games, in fact one guy who sat behind me at Ibrox recommended to our captain at the time (Amoruso) that he get his 'fenian finger out'. The author mentions hypocrisy in the article but how can he say that the Rangers support use the original meaning of the word when singing the Billy Boys when a fair number of Rangers fans clearly think the words 'fenian' and 'Catholic' are interchangeable? I would suggest that he is making a claim that he cannot back up. The meaning of words change through time, depending on who is saying it and in what context.

As for McGillvan, he has reached Graham Speirs levels of undeserved notoriety on Rangers message boards. His influence on such boards far outweighs any influence he has in real life. I'm tired of us giving cretins like him the oxygen of publicity they so desperately crave. Starve them of this oxygen and they will soon dissapear....

AD bear
25-01-2011, 00:07
excellent read ..sticky surely

williewoodburn
25-01-2011, 00:23
excellent post and hopefully provdies some enlightenement for Bears like myself who have witnessed the increased level of hatred between 'us 'n them' over in the last 20 years or so and wonder what was driving it.

Some good advice in the post. we would do well to heed the warnings.

However, exposing the culprits hopefully will serve to put some of the sectarian myths to bed once and for all, get the mhedia off our backs, and ultimately prove to be for the good of Scottish (and Irish) society.

we know we hold the moral high ground but if we get sucked in and get dragged down to their level, McGillvan will have fulfilled his purpose and possibly destroyed our good reputation. we can not expect others to protect us. That we have to do for ourselves and FollowFollow with care.

Flashman
25-01-2011, 00:24

You're not the only one although I wouldn't use the same terms preferring instead, 'misguided'. If the chant was in existence before the Dirty Blighters song then it should've been left at that since the chant was a witty piss take of the tims' faux Irishness whereas the song was darker and opened us up to all sorts of trouble.
Without the song there'd be no 'the song which contains the lines the famine is over, why don't you go home' which is the official media line on the matter.
Without the song there would have been no conviction, veering dangerously close to thought crime in my opinion, of the chap for chanting our lines and ending up in jail because the law decided he was also thinking of the rest of the song's contents.
Without the song there'd have been less of an uproar about 'anti-Irish racism' - indeed, the song almost created that new form of oppression, giving our friends from the east a whole new subject to whine about and justify their ridiculous marches around the city.

I first heard the chant in a camper van driving down to Manchester the night before the UEFA Cup Final and thought it was funny. I can't recall when I read the lyrics of the song but it was a load of old bollocks and has been an albatross around our necks since it appeared.
And it doesn't even scan.

In saying all that, this article is very interesting but in my humble opinion, too little too late.

grunty
25-01-2011, 00:28
RM have published the article and it's syndicated on Newsnow.. Good Work http://is.gd/ToQVuB

ran1gers
25-01-2011, 00:28
Excellent piece.

tubby bear
25-01-2011, 00:31
Fantastic article. Wonder if the Scots mhedia have the balls to print it in full. They've lifted other stuff from here. Won't hold my breath though.

GregMc
25-01-2011, 00:46
Fantastic read, thanks for posting.

orinoco
25-01-2011, 01:20
Interesting article. A bit meandering at times, but makes some good points.

'Words were added and taken away. Of course, the version that stuck was a blistering attack on Irish Republicanism, as the Rangers support sang about being up to their knees in "Fenian blood". While we always knew that we were referring, not to Catholics in general, but to the Fenian Brotherhood, that special breed of Republican who supported sectarian murder gangs.

Clearly, a handful of individuals had a strategy to move the goalposts, with McGillivan being a leading light. There were others, but the bold Phil has been in contact with people of influence with his own particular brand of black propaganda (lies) from the off.'

I'm not convinced this is true, many times I have heard foreign Catholics being referred to as 'fenians' at Rangers games, in fact one guy who sat behind me at Ibrox recommended to our captain at the time (Amoruso) that he get his 'fenian finger out'. The author mentions hypocrisy in the article but how can he say that the Rangers support use the original meaning of the word when singing the Billy Boys when a fair number of Rangers fans clearly think the words 'fenian' and 'Catholic' are interchangeable? I would suggest that he is making a claim that he cannot back up. The meaning of words change through time, depending on who is saying it and in what context.

As for McGillvan, he has reached Graham Spiers (the discredited journalist) (the discredited journalist) (the discredited journalist) levels of undeserved notoriety on Rangers message boards. His influence on such boards far outweighs any influence he has in real life. I'm tired of us giving cretins like him the oxygen of publicity they so desperately crave. Starve them of this oxygen and they will soon dissapear....

For anyone who doesn't know. The poster above is 'TravelingWilbeary' from Rangers media. He is well known there for stiring it up and going against the grain. As you can see there have been two dismissive posts in quick succession. He has been bombed out of most sites for being a complete wast of time. He hadn't even the wit to vary his post from the last time:)

Le Big Bear Bum
25-01-2011, 01:23

what is a fair number? and can you back that claim up?

in any case, the author is talking about "we", as in 'we as a support', so therefore he is talking about the majority of fans, so why should it really matter if some don't understand or choose to mis-use a word? is the best way to deal with such a scenario really to tar everyone with the same brush and ban free speech?

as for the Amoruso thing, I'm reckoning that someone was having a bit of a laugh with that. but that's not allowed either these days it seems.

Ginger Ger 10
25-01-2011, 01:27
It's a real shame no one is given the platform to put this kind of argument across in mainstream media. After all this is exactly the kind of article which would be of interest to an intelligent audience. It challenges misconceptions about religious divides and makes observations about a growing problem. It seems that if anyone complains for long enough they will eventually prevail regardless of whether they are making a valid complaint.

orinoco
25-01-2011, 01:29

in any case, the author is talking about "we", as in 'we as a support', so therefore he is talking about the majority of fans, so why should it really matter if some don't understand or choose to mis-use a word? is the best way to deal with such a scenario really to tar everyone with the same brush and ban free speech?

as for the Amoruso thing, I'm reckoning that someone was having a bit of a laugh with that. but that's not allowed either these days it seems.

As I said above mate the guy above has been thrown out of other sites for being an attention seeker;)

Le Big Bear Bum
25-01-2011, 01:31
As I said above mate the guy above has been thrown out of other sites for being an attention seeker;)

.. and a pish-talker

duly noted

cheers mate ;)

womble 3
25-01-2011, 01:31

Indeed i recall a tarrier telling me a t work when watching a gave against us were amo was palying they refering to him as an FB

muthacupboard
25-01-2011, 02:06

Such as? You cant just make stuff up.....

muthacupboard
25-01-2011, 02:12

He was talking about TBB - I disagree on his assertion that We were using the original meaning of the word, no big deal.

On the Amoruso thing, the guy was most certainly not 'having a laugh'.

muthacupboard
25-01-2011, 02:13
For anyone who doesn't know. The poster above is 'TravelingWilbeary' from Rangers media. He is well known there for stiring it up and going against the grain. As you can see there have been two dismissive posts in quick succession. He has been bombed out of most sites for being a complete wast of time. He hadn't even the wit to vary his post from the last time:)

Untrue. But I'm sure you know that...

jivman
25-01-2011, 02:23
a post that is very unbecoming of you Jivman. let yourself down more than a bit there.
describing good Bears as c@nts? Shame on you.

Good Bears? If they were that good bears they wouldn't have put that stupid song on youtube and they certainly would have pulled it when the commotion started.

Instead they made Rangers a very very easy target and sat back and watched as our club and support had all sorts of assertions made against it.

They created an environment where the wide Scottish public (Not just tims and haters) were able to equate the Rangers support with wanting the removal of those of Irish descent from Scotland.

They took a witty chant and bastardised it into what could easily be described as sectarian and often described as racist (whether that be the case or not)

Open season on Rangers from all angles for over 2 years, a rod to beat us with.

But now we're meant to think they're the good guys? Well not me, they're no friends of Rangers or the Rangers support, they're idiotic c*nts who can funk right off.

'Good Bears'? You're having a Giraffe.

jivman
25-01-2011, 02:32
Without the song there'd have been less of an uproar about 'anti-Irish racism' - indeed, the song almost created that new form of oppression, giving our friends from the east a whole new subject to whine about and justify their ridiculous marches around the city.

This point is bang on the money and something all those flocking to praise this guy seem incapable of recognising.

opersson
25-01-2011, 07:11
Decent read I suppose, but why now and not when it may have mattered?

colinnixon
25-01-2011, 08:09
Decent read I suppose, but why now and not when it may have mattered?

The facts were put down to the defence at the time. Murray and co were told it was easily winable which in turn would have shown the world that they were not going to roll over and take it. They chose not to take the help. Maybe they thought the were too smart . The guy in court was convicted of a lot of different things. Seems he had only been out on bail as well. Anyone who is clean would tear the prosecution to threads

kevfromkent
25-01-2011, 08:41
i doth my cap to you sir, i have passed to many a bear who is not on this site or vb.

barca72
25-01-2011, 09:12
Great post, Hopefully it can be read by a wider audience.But i can't see the scottish media wanting to print it.

colinnixon
25-01-2011, 11:01
i doth my cap to you sir, i have passed to many a bear who is not on this site or vb.

I knew you would find mates somewhere old bean:)

East_Belfast_Bear
25-01-2011, 11:07
Good Bears? If they were that good bears they wouldn't have put that stupid song on youtube and they certainly would have pulled it when the commotion started.

Instead they made Rangers a very very easy target and sat back and watched as our club and support had all sorts of assertions made against it.

They created an environment where the wide Scottish public (Not just tims and haters) were able to equate the Rangers support with wanting the removal of those of Irish descent from Scotland.

They took a witty chant and bastardised it into what could easily be described as sectarian and often described as racist (whether that be the case or not)

Open season on Rangers from all angles for over 2 years, a rod to beat us with.

But now we're meant to think they're the good guys? Well not me, they're no friends of Rangers or the Rangers support, they're idiotic c*nts who can funk right off.

'Good Bears'? You're having a Giraffe.

Deary me, when the you tube clip was posted on Rangers forums hundreds and hundreds of good Bears laughed along with it and praised those who made it.

If you want those "idiotic c*nts to funk right off their wont be much left of the Rangers support!!

You are in a very small minority on this subject, that certainly doesnt make you a better supporter than those that dont have the same opinion as you.

j1m1c
25-01-2011, 11:59

Rangers Media have a very handy ignore facility, only problem is, you still get him quoted on other peoples posts:(

colinnixon
25-01-2011, 12:22
I think I should maybe make a point here. One of the songs was written when theauthor was only 15 and would get slaughtered on the Rangers bus for being a Gwen.

He was accused of being a taig ect. The song was a reaction to being accused or bantered about being a taig ect by the bluemen. The Blues have long since moved on and have prospered greatly as a result.

Players are signed from all sections of the community. Tensions on that subject have been reduced between supporters.The words of that song are largely irrelevent today. McGillivan however will not move on as his ego and warped mind will not allow it

thenoey
25-01-2011, 12:27
Rangers Media have a very handy ignore facility, only problem is, you still get him quoted on other peoples posts:(

Believe me hes a hard one to get rid off :roll:

thenoey
25-01-2011, 12:39
Deary me, when the you tube clip was posted on Rangers forums hundreds and hundreds of good Bears laughed along with it and praised those who made it.

If you want those "idiotic c*nts to funk right off their wont be much left of the Rangers support!!

You are in a very small minority on this subject, that certainly doesnt make you a better supporter than those that dont have the same opinion as you.

Do you know something his post style is very similar to Travelinginthewinds and murthacupboard? :roll:

dovit
25-01-2011, 12:44
Just read it again for the second time top post.