PDA

View Full Version : 1.5m* For Beattie v 400k For Miller, 500k For Adam And 0 For Novo

sherbrook_loyal
20-01-2011, 21:14
I wonder if anyone would rather still have Kenny Miller, Charlie Adam and Nacho Novo than James Beattie?

Poor show, Rangers - no wonder we're in such a mess :(

* widely reported, if not confirmed.

blair_omnibus
20-01-2011, 21:15
Yawn.

This is getting tiresome.

Super Mad Gary
It's sad times indeed fellow bear :(

53easy
Add Boyd to that list

Burnsymagic
20-01-2011, 21:16
Have to agree. Beattie has been a massive flop-our Carl Muggleton. I would bring Nacho back for the remainder of the season tbh.

im_a_good_bluenose
20-01-2011, 21:18
Yawn.

its a valid point we have to pay over the odds for players who are over the hill to be polite purely because rangers are a big club yet other clubs can take our players for the square root of hee-haw thanks to a combination of the bank and an incompetent ceo.
I would say we the fans have every right to be a tad peed off

sherbrook_loyal
20-01-2011, 21:19
Yawn.

Fortunately, not as much as posts such as the above - now, they are really tiresome.

GioVanB
20-01-2011, 21:21
I don't buy it.

Everytime we sell a player it seems to be for the smallest fee possible.

Everytime the tims sell a player they get more than seems realistic.

1.7m for Hoovield? ...... Yer arse! :D

iaatpies
I wonder if anyone would rather still have Kenny Miller, Charlie Adam and Nacho Novo than James Beattie?

And yet thats precisely why we're in the position where we need to sell Miller and where we couldnt offer Novo the deal he wanted - We signed expensive players and paid them big wages.

Nobody forced us to and we now have to deal with the consequences. The hysteria is getting tiresome. If we cant be calm and rational now when the title is still up for grabs then god help us as a support come summertime when Smith rides off into the sunset and goldenbaws is left to his own devices.

Greenock_Ger1983
Novo got offered a new deal and didnt take it.

Loads of clubs lose players for nothing not just us.

PartickGer
Beattie was an utterly pointless signing at the worst possible time for us financially. How we could do with 1M+ to bring someone in right now. :mad:

The Predator
It really is a joke, Bain should be under threat from all of this. It is him who negotiates. Must be a Glen Hoddle for the folk he has meetings with.

blair_omnibus
20-01-2011, 21:22
Fortunately, not as much as posts such as the above - now, they are really tiresome.

You'd think that but there's been a million threads like this over the last week or so in various forms.

The constant Beattie bash, the yearning for players who had stopped contributing like Novo or Miller forcing a transfer on us is getting extremely tedious.

Miller was offered a contract.
Novo was offered a contract.

Those there are facts.

Laudrup70

DISGUSTING :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Bilbotheblue
Add Boyd to that list

The club did their best to flog him for 3.5m and many were glad when he dug his heels in and stayed.

Titch
You can add Mendes and Thomson onto the list.

53easy
20-01-2011, 21:23
The club did their best to flog him for 3.5m and many were glad when he dug his heels in and stayed.

He helped us win another two titles.

summit
20-01-2011, 21:24
The transfer fee for Beattie was undisclosed and from what I heard was less than 700k

paisleyprod
20-01-2011, 21:25

we have conducted business in a haphazard fashion for many years and in our financial state, we should really do better.

Bilbotheblue
20-01-2011, 21:26

I agree, just pointing out that we tried to get what would have been a good fee for him. The club then offered him the best deal they could to stay but he wouldn't sign. Don't think the club should be criticised for the boyd situation.

johnboy
20-01-2011, 21:27
Anyone who still thinks Martin Bain is worth his wages then their deluded

paisleyprod
20-01-2011, 21:27
as for Nacho, there is a rumour stating he may be coming back on loan. Possibly untrue but it is doing the rounds.

Scotty18
20-01-2011, 21:28
its going to happen, the bank are running us. how do we not understand this. they can see he will walk for nothing so are cashing in.

not hard to understand, get a grip ffs

schosha
20-01-2011, 21:29
Lets tan our wrists

The end is nigh

paisleyprod

we showed this season that we could score without him and our manager wouldn't play him v Celtic or in Europe.

for what it is worth I didn't really want rid of him but the club could have done a Hutton with him and made sure he went and got some good money.

andrewcee
Whats Walter Smiths net spend?

About 3 million.

There has been a hell of a lot of improvement since Le Guen. Its easy to use small snippets of info to suit an arguement. Look at the bigger picture.

Also had fans not been so harsh on Adam he would still be here.

schosha
20-01-2011, 21:30
as for Nacho, there is a rumour stating he may be coming back on loan. Possibly untrue but it is doing the rounds.

I would happily take it

53easy
20-01-2011, 21:31

About 3 million.

There has been a hell of a lot of improvement since Le Guen. Its easy to use small snippets of info to suit an arguement. Look at the bigger picture.

We also chased Faye,Gow and Buffel out the club:(

Titch
20-01-2011, 21:35

I would imagine that would be to do with him saying in the paper earlier in the week that he was unhappy and that he is still in contact with people at the club, namely Walter.

2+2=5 - Probably the same logic that's linked us with Healy.

Village Bluenose
20-01-2011, 21:36

About 3 million.

Good post imo, WS signing record has been nothing short of superb since his return for me (given the state we were in under PLG) which is why we have been so successful, and the continual scapegoating of Beattie is a joke imo, The guy has been unlucky with injuries since he came and needs games as well as some confidence before he can be judged properly, We seen the exact same thing on here with Lafferty and Naismith last season (and the transfer fee was inflated for them as well at the time also).

53easy
20-01-2011, 21:37
Good post imo.

Apart from the shite about Adam.

thecommon
20-01-2011, 21:38
1.5 million for Beattie? You say it's widely reported? I haven't read anywhere that he cost as much as that, in fact when he first signed it was supposedly for less than a million and the longer he goes under performing the higher his price tag has become on here.

If this is widely reported would someone please post the various links to differed media sites showing this? if not then it's clearly going up falsey by people on here to try and emphasise their point when criticising anything Rangers or James Beattie.

browner1981
20-01-2011, 21:38
The bank is running the club - the players know that and other clubs know that, the players know they can earn more money elsewhere, if they wanted to stay they could and be well paid for it however most as we have seen aren't happy with that and follow the extra 5-10 grand a week elsewhere. Other clubs also know that any offer will be considered by us, we cant hold out for the best price or even reject any offer because it is out of our hands.

Martin Bain can be the subject of anger if it makes people feel better but the facts are operating under these constraints mean it always an uphill battle, in fact a losing battle unless you have people like Naismith and Papac who actually will settle for less than what they can get elsewhere.

In regard to Beattie - as has been pointed out Walter's net spend is 3 million quid, given what he has done for the club you would think some would be grateful. He constantly has to work in the bargain basement and more often or not doesnt know up until the last couple of weeks of the transfer window what his budget will be, if people really want to hang him over James Beattie then it says more about them. Beattie imo is pish, he doesnt look like he will ever be fit, do I really what to keep wanking on about that or just write it off as a bad job which will happen under these circumstances, I choose the latter.

blair_omnibus
20-01-2011, 21:39
1.5 million for Beattie? You say it's widely reported? I haven't read anywhere that he cost as much as that, in fact when he first signed it was supposedly for less than a million and the longer he goes under performing the higher his price tag has become on here.

If this is widely reported would someone please post the various links to differed media sites showing this? if not then it's clearly going up falsey by people on here to try and emphasise their point when criticising anything Rangers or James Beattie.

The Beattie fee rises even more with each passing week.

And yet the same people will whine about lies in the press.

Meggs
20-01-2011, 21:41
Beattie was an utterly pointless signing at the worst possible time for us financially. How we could do with 1M+ to bring someone in right now. :mad:

Add his wages to that as well :(

haufcut
20-01-2011, 21:45
JAMES BEATTIE TRANSFER HISTORY

From Stoke City to Rangers Date 13 Aug 2010 Fee Undisclosed

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=5&ved=0CDAQFjAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.skysports.com%2Ffootball%2Fpl ayer%2F0%2C19754%2C11788_34311%2C00.html&ei=dZw4Td-bC4OCOvyh-P0K&usg=AFQjCNGA95SXsK_ArCAEpzHVdHELnrEUCg

PeachyCarnehan
20-01-2011, 21:47
Have to agree. Beattie has been a massive flop-our Carl Muggleton. I would bring Nacho back for the remainder of the season tbh.

Nonsense muggleton was a muppet from the lower leagues Beattie has scored goals at the highest level that said Beattie is underperforming big time.

iaatpies
20-01-2011, 21:47

About 3 million.

Net spend is utterly meaningless. Did that net spend give us a net spend on wages? Or a net spend on bonuses? Or a net spend on agents fees? Did the net spend value Kyle Lafferty at 3.75million? Did the net spend force us to fanny about in the transfer market and then spend significantly on midfielders AFTER Kaunas had pumped us out of Europe?

Net spend is meaningless beause the figures themselves dont explain who Smith signed, what wages we've paid or what those players can be expected to achieve.

private ryan
20-01-2011, 21:49
1.5m for Beattie, don't for a minute think we spent that much on him although it may include his wages, at the time I thought he would do a job for us, up to now he hasn't but that could change and he could yet prove his worth.

400k for Miller, he was offered a new deal and refused, he was going to sign a pre contract and I for one don't want a player whose heart lies elsewhere, again we don't know the full details of the deal and it may include add ons, would Millers form continued into the 2nd half of the season or would we be back to the 1 goal every 3rd game?

500k for Adam, at the time no one complained, if he is to be sold on by Blackpool and we receive another 500k we will have done very well out of him, he was poor for us which is a fact.

Novo, offered a deal and knocked it back, players all over the world allow their contracts to run down to get other offers.

You haven't mentioned Hutton or Wilson or Cuellar or Boumsong all of whom were sold for a helluva lot more than they were worth, we made a right few bob on these guys and still went on to have success, and I believe we will still win the league without Miller, regardless of who you are or what you have done for the Rangers, if you don't want to be here then go, we will survive fine without you.

Village Bluenose
20-01-2011, 21:49
Apart from the shite about Adam.

I tend to agree with him about Adam as well tbh as some of the abuse he took from his own so called supporters was a disgrace imo and i wouldnt be surprised in the slightest if it played some part in his move away. (it certainly done nothing for his confidence)

glasgowrangersno1
20-01-2011, 21:52
1. You have exaggerated Beatties fee IMO.
2. Adam has a sell on clause.
3. Miller had 6 months left on his contract and wouldn't accept a new 1.
4. Novo knocked back another year with us.

Easy to moan about all of this in hindsight mate but each situation is different.

BlueKidG
20-01-2011, 21:54
I like the way the buy in fee's get exaggerated.

and most likely the outgoing fees are decreased :roll:

*****GREG_RFC*****
20-01-2011, 21:58
That's football. We signed Prso and Boumsong for nothing, some work, some don't and circumstance dictate fees paid.

whitecarlos
20-01-2011, 22:03
Who is charge of QC about here?

craigie bear
20-01-2011, 22:06

why we have enough cheerleaders

beatie will come good

FalkirkTrueBlue1873
20-01-2011, 22:07
1.5m for Beattie, don't for a minute think we spent that much on him although it may include his wages, at the time I thought he would do a job for us, up to now he hasn't but that could change and he could yet prove his worth.

400k for Miller, he was offered a new deal and refused, he was going to sign a pre contract and I for one don't want a player whose heart lies elsewhere, again we don't know the full details of the deal and it may include add ons, would Millers form continued into the 2nd half of the season or would we be back to the 1 goal every 3rd game?

500k for Adam, at the time no one complained, if he is to be sold on by Blackpool and we receive another 500k we will have done very well out of him, he was poor for us which is a fact.

Novo, offered a deal and knocked it back, players all over the world allow their contracts to run down to get other offers.

You haven't mentioned Hutton or Wilson or Cuellar or Boumsong all of whom were sold for a helluva lot more than they were worth, we made a right few bob on these guys and still went on to have success, and I believe we will still win the league without Miller, regardless of who you are or what you have done for the Rangers, if you don't want to be here then go, we will survive fine without you.

Post of the night:)

The Fishy Finger
20-01-2011, 22:09

You blame 'Rangers' here. Is it not individuals that make these errors of judgement?

whitecarlos
20-01-2011, 22:10

No offence mate but I dont think the OP was looking for balance when he started the thread.

bob1873
20-01-2011, 22:11
Novo got offered a new deal and didnt take it.Loads of clubs lose players for nothing not just us.

For 1 year he wanted 2 and at less money! Yeah we really pushed the boat out there. One man to blame Murray.:mad:

blair_omnibus
20-01-2011, 22:13
For 1 year he wanted 2 and at less money! Yeah we really pushed the boat out there. One man to blame Murray.:mad:

It wasn't on less money.

bob1873
20-01-2011, 22:17
It wasn't on less money.

24 months or 12 is less on my maths test:)

Okay if the weekly pay was the same it was still an insult to the wee man.

blair_omnibus
20-01-2011, 22:17
24 months or 12 is less on my maths test:)

Okay if the weekly pay was the same it was still an insult to the wee man.

It wasn't really an insult.

glasgowrangersno1
20-01-2011, 22:41

It was, to Rangers Football Club that he didn't accept.

napierbear
20-01-2011, 22:52
You'd think that but there's been a million threads like this over the last week or so in various forms.

The constant Beattie bash, the yearning for players who had stopped contributing like Novo or Miller forcing a transfer on us is getting extremely tedious.

Those there are facts.

Correct. These threads are almost daily now. It's boring.

Jack Napier
20-01-2011, 22:52
Would I rather have Charlie Adam, playing poorly out of position or on the bench, and Nacho Novo on the bench to come on and sometimes do something good? Not really.

No-one wanted Charlie Adam but Blackpool. Nacho Novo was offered a contract and chose to leave. Kenny Miller was offered a contract and chose to leave.

derek5287
20-01-2011, 22:56
This is getting boring!

Novo was offered a deal, didnt sign it...left!
Miller was offered a deal, didnt sign it...left!
Adam wasnt a regular in the team and every bear would have sold him at the time for 500k despite what people now say! Fair play to the lad now, playing very well in a much better league.

Beattie is still a Rangers player, how about getting behind him? Its almost as if some people want the likes of Beattie, McCulloch, Lafferty etc to fail so they can get on this and slate them!

Sammer
20-01-2011, 23:51
As I said the other day anyone that thinks we paid 1.5 million for Beattie is retarded.

daviecoopersleftpeg
21-01-2011, 05:47
The transfer fee for Beattie was undisclosed and from what I heard was less than 700k

Thats my understanding as well.

As for Charlie Adam,i am of the understanding that there is a 20% sell on clause in his contract.So if he goes for 5million we get 1million out of it.
Not a bad bit of business if you ask me.

ttbluenose
21-01-2011, 13:44
I don't buy it.

It ASTOUNDS me that any sane individual believes what they read in the gutter phress up here.

It's full of tarriers pushing irafitbaclub's agenda. they just cahnge their tune sdepending on the circumstances, as long as Rangers look broke when buying (cant afford someone/buy a cheapo or a Bosman/spend a fortune on a dud) and inept when selling (sell players for SFA.)

The exact opposite is true for the tarriers (traitorbhoy was sold ofr 10M - my arse they got a couple of million for him)

mcblain1
21-01-2011, 13:47
Charlie Adam used to get slaughtered on this board to an extent that it got embarrassing most of the posters on here couldn't wait to get rid of him what a bunch of hypocrites this board really does produce.

rangers500
21-01-2011, 14:21
Charlie Adam used to get slaughtered on this board to an extent that it got embarrassing most of the posters on here couldn't wait to get rid of him what a bunch of hypocrites this board really does produce.

i never abused him but i wanted him away and potentially we could get 1m now for a player who did nothing for us bar a couple of good games......

The way he played for us i was delighted to get 500k with or without a sell on.

Well played to the lad now though

Sandyhills Blue
21-01-2011, 14:21

Those there are facts.

No danger of that with Beattie. He'd have to start contributing in the first place before he could stop contributing.

govantrueblue
21-01-2011, 14:30
It wasn't on less money.

Do you honestly think they would ask Miller to take a 30% pay cut and keep Novo on the same wage?

blair_omnibus
21-01-2011, 14:36
Do you honestly think they would ask Miller to take a 30% pay cut and keep Novo on the same wage?

As was confirmed at the AGM, Novo was offered a wage increase on a years contract.

Russell_Nash
21-01-2011, 14:50
Yawn.

yes you are

Russell_Nash
21-01-2011, 14:51
As was confirmed at the AGM, Novo was offered a wage increase on a years contract.

Novo was offered a reduced wage

18kjmmd73
21-01-2011, 14:53
I don't buy it.

The debt we have makes sure that we accept any offer no matter how poor :(

Russell_Nash
21-01-2011, 14:54

it was <5K pw

Lanarkshire
20-02-2011, 23:06

Not sure Novo would be offered an INCREASE, but whatever, "he said no thanks...."

Miller could have stayed til end of season, and THAT may cost us the league.