PDA

View Full Version : Golf Day & Golf Auction For Erskine!

Pages : [1] 2

Greig Guthrie
20-01-2011, 14:46
Good afternoon Bears.

Callander Golf Club have agreed today to donate a 4 ball for auction for Erskine Home. This will be a flexible day to suit the golfers and can be used at anytime during the season. This will be going for auction in the next few days once I confirm final arrangements with Mr Nash.

They have also agreed to the RSEA having a golf day in aid of Erskine as well. The date we are looking at is the 5th March as there isn't a home game as we're away on the 6th to St. Mirren I believe. This day is separate from the Follow Follow as we didn't want it to clash with that day towards the end of summer and all monies raised will go to Erskine as normal.

Approximate price will be no more than 40 (this is due to possible winter conditions at the club although this will be confirmed nearer the time.) and this will include bacon rolls and tea on arrival plus lunch or dinner depending on when we get the tee times. There will be a raffle and prizes after the golf.

We are planning on making this an open day ie if you have friends other than on Follow Follow that play and would like to come along then by all means. The more players, the bigger prizes and the more money for Erskine.

This post has been discussed with Mr Nash so he is aware of it. Final details will be released shortley so we can get it all finalised.

Please pm me if you are coming so I can get a list of names and payment sorted out.

Hope to see plenty bears there. Looking forward to it already.

Cheers

GG:)

Confirmed Attendees

Campsie - Official Scorecard Keeper:ninja: Paid his dinner
Russel Nash - RSEA Sec.

Erskine Representatives x4

GG Paid with thanks!
thinline Paid with thanks!
7 Cookiemonster Paid for with thanks.
Brian Laudrup Paid With Thanks!
bluenosebazza Paid with thanks!
Redondo Paid With Thanks!
greyhairbear +1 Paid with Thanks!
Japster Paid With Thanks!
gerzy Paid with Thanks!
jbrfc +2 Paid with Thanks!
Fraser Scott (GG's Pal) +1
Gostinbear Paid with thanks!
RandyMarshLoyal +1 other Paid with Thanks!
A. Guthrie +1 for dinner Paid with Thanks!
E. Morrison Paid With Thanks plus 2 extra for dinner!
R. Brunton Paid with Thanks!
P. Lauder + 1 for dinner. Paid With thanks!
D.McAusland paid with Thanks!
B19OT +3 Paid with Thanks!
P.Gillespie +3 Callander GC Paid with Thanks!
K.Wilkie +3 Callander GC Paid With Thanks !
W.McLellan +3 Callander GC Paid With Thanks!
Lodge Robert Burns 12 Paid With Thanks

Total Players -58
Total Paid - 56
Total To Pay - 2

Total For Dinner 72

For Those Wanting To Play Together, Please PM Before I Issue Tee Off Times

Prizes For The Day

Rangers top signed by Monty,Graeme McDowall and Alastair Forsyth Donated by Navrig Received & Off to The Framers

Table for 4 at Wee Rangers Club Pre-Match Donated by The Wee Rangers Club

4 Tickets for the Founders Trail Donated by Le BlueBear

4 Ball at Royal Musselburgh Golf Course Donated by TalkTalk

2 Bottles of whisky (1 with RFC crest inside) Donated by Cookiemonster

4 Ball at Airdrie Golf Club Donated by Airdrie GC

4 Ball at Drumpellier Golf Course Donated by Drumpellier GC

4 Ball at Aberdour Golf Course Donated by Greyhairbear Received with thanks.

4 Ball at Kirkintilloch Golf Club Donated by Kirkie GC

4 Ball at Lenzie Golf Club Donated by W. McLellen

4 Ball at Glenbervie Golf Club Donated ny Glenbervie GC Received with thanks

4 Ball at Alloa Golf Club Donated by Alloa GC Received with thanks

4 Ball at Hayston Golf Club Donated by Hayston GC Received with thanks

4 Ball at Hilton Park Golf Club Donated by Hilton Park GC Received with thanks

4 Ball at Eastwood Golf Club Donated by Eastwood GC Received with thanks

4 Ball at Dullater Golf Club Donated by Dullater Golf Club Received with thanks

4 Ball at Carnwath Golf Club Donated by Dullater Golf Club Received with thanks

4 Ball at Gourock Golf Club Donated by Gourock GC Received with thanks

4 Ball at Vale of Leven Golf Club Donated by Vale of Leven GC received with thanks

Bottle of 10 year Old Talisker in Leather Case Donated by J.D Adamson - Farrier Received with thanks

Bottle of Malt Whisky Donated by G. Buist of CHIVAS

4 Ball at Callander Golf Course Donated By Callander Golf Club Received with thanks

1.5 Litre Vodka Donated by B19OT

Bottle of ??? Donated by The Barbar Callander Main Street

Benross Putter, Benross Towel & 2 Windcheater Tops Donated by The Pro-Shop Callander GC Received with thanks

Bottle of Wine Donated by MacMillan Wine Shop Callander Rcvd with thanks

Shortbread & Beer Donated by The Whisky Shop Callander Received with thanks

http://i55.tinypic.com/2dqtv9w.jpg

Russell_Nash
20-01-2011, 15:21
good luck with this GG

and well done Callander GC

Greig Guthrie
20-01-2011, 15:41
Cheers Nash.

The woman who I deal with is a good bluenose and was only happy to help once I told her it was for Erskine.

campsie
20-01-2011, 16:02
Golfs for poofs. Even it up 2 clubs 7 iron and a putter and a bag o beer and I'm in :D

Greig Guthrie
20-01-2011, 16:05
Don't knock it til you've tried it;)

cookiemonster
20-01-2011, 16:06
Hopefully be up for this if i can organise transport.

And no i'm not a poof Campsie

Greig Guthrie
20-01-2011, 16:08
He always says that on these threads. The people who down cry it are normally the worst.:ninja:

GirvanLighthouse
20-01-2011, 16:17
Good luck with this GG ;)

Greig Guthrie
20-01-2011, 16:24
Cheers Girvan. The golf club have been very supportive over this and hopefully all the budding golfers here on FF will dig deep again for such a worthwhile cause.

navrig
20-01-2011, 16:35
Got a Rangers top signed by Monty,Graeme McDowall and Alastair Forsyth yous could have if it could raise a pound or two

Greig Guthrie
20-01-2011, 16:42
Got a Rangers top signed by Monty,Graeme McDowall and Alastair Forsyth yous could have if it could raise a pound or two

That would be wonderful. Cheers for that. Will speak to Nash and see how he wants to proceed.:)

cookiemonster
20-01-2011, 16:57

Great gesture mate,bring it with you to the golf day :D

earnger
20-01-2011, 17:07
Is the 5th of March not the same day as the function at the Thistle Hotel with Ammo and Albertz.Just in case it conflicts with folk wanting to do both?

Grandmaster_Suck
20-01-2011, 17:08
Is the 5th of March not the same day as the function at the Thistle Hotel with Ammo and Albertz.Just in case it conflicts with folk wanting to do both?

I don't think it's floodlit golf! :)

Greig Guthrie
20-01-2011, 17:10

Superb retort:ninja:

What a wonderful day you can have then. A wee round of golf and some great prizes plus another great night as well.

Get your names down.

bigy
20-01-2011, 17:18
I take it there's no chance of having a charity golf event for Erskine at Mar Hall, where the hotel is actually the former hospital building.

They were charging 30 at any time per round from November but you'd think they'd welcome a bit of positive publicity for supporting their neighbours and reduce the charges a bit. Very good course as well!!

Greig Guthrie
20-01-2011, 17:23
I take it there's no chance of having a charity golf event for Erskine at Mar Hall, where the hotel is actually the former hospital building.

They were charging 30 at any time per round from November but you'd think they'd welcome a bit of positive publicity for supporting their neighbours and reduce the charges a bit. Very good course as well!!

Went for Callander as its easy for me to organise and the Secretary is happy to do it. If this is a success then we could look to do this at Mar Hall later in the year. Thanks for the input though.

thinline
20-01-2011, 17:51
pm sent GG

Greig Guthrie
20-01-2011, 18:01
pm sent GG

Well received

Brian Laudrup
20-01-2011, 18:04
I'm in and I suppose I will be your chauffeur for the day again cookiemonster

Greig Guthrie
20-01-2011, 18:06
Superb Mr Laudrup. Once we get a few mores names in I'm sure Mr Nash will sort out the deposit account details.

cookiemonster
20-01-2011, 18:12
I'm in and I suppose I will be your chauffeur for the day again cookiemonster

Well,that's you and Thinline offered me a lift,i'm spoiled for choice:roll: Don't want the 2 of you fighting over me now:D

Brian Laudrup
20-01-2011, 18:14
Callander GC has donated a 4 ball to the last two Follow Follow golf days so it's no suprise they are doing this

Brian Laudrup
20-01-2011, 18:18
Well,that's you and Thinline offered me a lift,i'm spoiled for choice:roll: Don't want the 2 of you fighting over me now:D

We can sort it out nearer the time mate

Greig Guthrie
20-01-2011, 18:22
Callander GC has donated a 4 ball to the last two Follow Follow golf days so it's no suprise they are doing this

Wasn't aware of that. The only other 4 ball was the one I did for the Markinch Boys but that was off my own back.

talktalk
20-01-2011, 18:31
who ever wins the auction i will throw in a four ball at the Royal Musselburgh as a freebie for them.

earnger
20-01-2011, 18:36

Haha,be fookin dark by the time i got round the course.:D

bluenosebazza
20-01-2011, 18:38
who ever wins the auction i will throw in a four ball at the Royal Musselburgh as a freebie for them.

Very generous of you,again! I can recommend Royal Musselburgh as a golf course btw. Whatever you do dont drag your tee shot to the left on the 14th though,took a quite spectacular recovery from me to rescue a bogey. Ill be bidding on the Callander 4 ball so you might have me annoying the life out you with cretinous texts again. :)

talktalk
20-01-2011, 18:40
Very generous of you,again! I can recommend Royal Musselburgh as a golf course btw. Whatever you do dont drag your tee shot to the left on the 14th though,took a quite spectacular recovery from me to rescue a bogey. Ill be bidding on the Callander 4 ball so you might have me annoying the life out you with cretinous texts again. :)

i told you anytime you want a game to get in touch.

bluenosebazza
20-01-2011, 18:53
i told you anytime you want a game to get in touch.

Might be taking you up on that. Fancied another shot at it cos i let myself down badly on the first 4 or 5 holes which trashed my score completely.

Brian Laudrup
20-01-2011, 19:11
i played Royal Musselburgh with Indoloyal last easter and i really enjoyed it,the 2 ball was donated by TalkTalk to the FF golf day the year before,very kind of you again

bluenosebazza
20-01-2011, 19:34
i played Royal Musselburgh with Indoloyal last easter and i really enjoyed it,the 2 ball was donated by TalkTalk to the FF golf day the year before,very kind of you again

You didnt end up down the embankment at the 14th then? :D

Brian Laudrup
20-01-2011, 19:38
You didnt end up down the embankment at the 14th then? :D

is that the par 3 with the big embankment down the left hand side

good course and as i said i enjoyed playing it and the fact it was a freebie also helped:D

bluenosebazza
20-01-2011, 19:40
is that the par 3 with the big embankment down the left hand side

good course and as i said i enjoyed playing it and the fact it was a freebie also helped:D

Thats the one. I pulled my 8 iron and ended up right at the bottom of it. Aye i enjoyed the course,some great holes on it.

Greig Guthrie
20-01-2011, 20:23
I'll list the prizes available on the day on the top post.

campsie
20-01-2011, 20:32
Don't knock it til you've tried it;)

i have tried it, thats why i know its a puffs game.

Excuse me sir that sweater isnt pringle and those arent slacks you are wearing, im afraid you cant play here.

Puffs them all. ;)

i might be up for the day oot if im allowed on wae ma 2 clubs, should still get round callander with a 7 iron and a putter. The cider helps the ddh go futher.

Greig Guthrie
20-01-2011, 20:35
i have tried it, thats why i know its a puffs game.

Excuse me sir that sweater isnt pringle and those arent slacks you are wearing, im afraid you cant play here.

Puffs them all. ;)

i might be up for the day oot if im allowed on wae ma 2 clubs, should still get round callander with a 7 iron and a putter. The cider helps the ddh go futher.

Callander's not like that. 7 iron and a putter....... you might not be far wrong but to hell if I'm pulling the short straw in your 4 ball;)

campsie
20-01-2011, 20:40
Callander's not like that. 7 iron and a putter....... you might not be far wrong but to hell if I'm pulling the short straw in your 4 ball;)

oi ya cheeky git, i play to 4 at Thornton

Greig Guthrie
20-01-2011, 20:48
You're supposed to finish the 18 holes. Not pick and choose what ones you want to play!!:eek:

campsie
20-01-2011, 20:52
You're supposed to finish the 18 holes. Not pick and choose what ones you want to play!!:eek:

yes but once you get to the 4th, a hop skip and jump gets you to the bar.

Im horrendous at golf. Once played the back 9 at Thornton in 34, i was playing off 22 at the time and thought id cracked it, ended up back at 24, never had a score in a full season, so gave up.

Ive played Callander before mind you, nice course.

So heres hoping its a success.

Greig Guthrie
20-01-2011, 20:57
Erskine are over the moon that Callander have agreed to this. So am I putting your name down then??

Russell_Nash
20-01-2011, 21:31
how many names have you got so far Salty?

Greig Guthrie
20-01-2011, 21:33
Names on the top thread who have confirmed along with some prizes for the day.

Campsie swithering but only wants to bring his 7 iron and a putter. He's the bogey prize for the person who donates the cheapest prize>:)>:)

Greig Guthrie
20-01-2011, 22:50
CHIVAS will no doubt be donating some more Whisky for the day as well once I have a word in their ear.

jbrfc
20-01-2011, 23:46
PM sent ..:o

gostinbear
21-01-2011, 09:22
Myself randy marsh loyal and 1 other will play mate.

Russell_Nash
21-01-2011, 11:21
build it and they will come

RSEA2009
21-01-2011, 11:57
http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/1975/golftee2.jpg

craigie bear
21-01-2011, 12:12
sounds like a great day

Greig Guthrie
21-01-2011, 13:05
sounds like a great day

So are you coming then???:)

Greig Guthrie
21-01-2011, 17:17
A few phone calls today regarding prizes and items for auction. Just to confirm in the next few days.

Anyone else interested in this great day. A good opportunity to meet fellow Follow Followers and also some new friends outwith our forum.

Russell_Nash
21-01-2011, 23:09
Well done GG & Nash for having the day for Erskine.

Back up you go.

have you been drinking that sea water ya mad bassa

campsie
21-01-2011, 23:10
Well done GG & Nash for having the day for Erskine.

Back up you go.

is the ted mcminn book sorted? might be easier taking my own, if hes still in derby that is.

RSEA Golf
21-01-2011, 23:19
Don't know. Will need to contact the Bear concerned. Will do tomorrow and let you know.

RSEA Golf
21-01-2011, 23:20
have you been drinking that sea water ya mad bassa

Drives ya loopy!!

Greig Guthrie
22-01-2011, 09:22
Everyone who is coming please start making your payents to www.justgiving.com/rseagolf

PM me when its been done along with your handicap.
Cheers

campsie
22-01-2011, 14:12
Everyone who is coming please start making your payents to www.justgiving.com/rseagolf

PM me when its been done along with your handicap.
Cheers

handicap?????
my swing is shite, is that all thats required?

RSEA Golf
22-01-2011, 15:10
Should be another 6 names to add to the list.

rfcgirl
22-01-2011, 20:05
Well done Callander, hope the weather is good for yous. Am a member of the green staff there so will try to get it looking good. Good short course for people that arent like Tiger Woods, u dont need to use a driver.

cookiemonster
22-01-2011, 21:03
Spoke to few guys who are not in the forum,who want to go for Erskine,let the members go first then fill it up later

campsie
22-01-2011, 21:35
roll up the pooftas and pringle priks, Erskine needs your help:D

Seriously guys a good day out will be had by all, 3 lucky guys get to share a 4 ball with me 7 iron,putter and a bag o cider.

campsie
22-01-2011, 21:36
Well done Callander, hope the weather is good for yous. Am a member of the green staff there so will try to get it looking good. Good short course for people that arent like Tiger Woods, u dont need to use a driver.

7 iron and putter is all thats required along with the cider.

Greig Guthrie
22-01-2011, 22:31
Spoke to few guys who are not in the forum,who want to go for Erskine,let the members go first then fill it up later

I'd rather get the guys in now and know who we have coming rather than chasing later on. As far as the RSEA is concerned its an open day. The more people I get to go the more money for Erskine.
Looking at around 50 hopefully so get their names in, get it paid and let me know their handicaps.

Cheers

ps Campsie serious. Last person in get to play with him and his 7 iron;)

Greig Guthrie
22-01-2011, 22:32

Remember and say hello next time I'm up>:)

campsie
22-01-2011, 22:33
Remember and say hello next time I'm up>:)

she pm'd to say your a d ick, sorry.

me and my 7 iron will be there, putting for the dough, drinking for fun, nash is my caddy.

Greig Guthrie
22-01-2011, 22:35
she pm'd to say your a d ick, sorry.

me and my 7 iron will be there, putting for the dough, drinking for fun, nash is my caddy.

Somebody's got to look after you. What about CG29, is she not coming up that weekend?

campsie
22-01-2011, 22:36
Somebody's got to look after you. What about CG29, is she not coming up that weekend?

she comes every weekend when shes with me.
she be in the bar if in scotland, golf is below her

RSEA2009
23-01-2011, 00:22
campsie - have you been on the bevvie?

campsie
23-01-2011, 00:26
campsie - have you been on the bevvie?

nope, im in sam cooke mode, you are my caddy

Greig Guthrie
23-01-2011, 09:09
Will be looking for payment to start this week so as to start getting definates in for the day so as to keep the club and the caterers up to date.

Cheers

campsie
23-01-2011, 14:13
a wee bump and run with a seven iron and its 2 feet from the pin,

unfortunately i had taken the pin out and it was lying 30 feet from the hole:mad:

Greig Guthrie
23-01-2011, 17:00
Another 5 names added today. Places are filling up just nicely.

cookiemonster
23-01-2011, 20:47
Put me down for another 4 mate,i'll get names and handicaps and money to you as soon as possible

RSEA Golf
23-01-2011, 22:14
Put me down for another 4 mate,i'll get names and handicaps and money to you as soon as possible

thanks cookie

RSEA Golf
23-01-2011, 22:15
B19got & 3 others

Greig Guthrie
23-01-2011, 23:58
34 names so far and we've not even asked the Callander Golfers yet.

Its shaping up to be a logistical nightmare, but I'm loving it.

indoloyal
24-01-2011, 04:36
Will be looking for payment to start this week so as to start getting definates in for the day so as to keep the club and the caterers up to date.

Cheers

Were the problems begin

craigie bear
24-01-2011, 04:48
So are you coming then???:)

just waiting to see if my pal is up for it

Greig Guthrie
24-01-2011, 08:51
Tell him if he's not up for it his willie is going to fall off painfully.

Russell_Nash
24-01-2011, 17:19
should have the poster sorted tonight Greig

Greig Guthrie
24-01-2011, 17:44
No probs. Will pm you later about Friday night.

Greig Guthrie
24-01-2011, 19:47
Back up ye go.

Looking for about 16 more names to take it to 50. I think that will be the cutoff so get your names in pronto.

Remember its for a good cause.

RSEA2009
24-01-2011, 20:50
sixty divides by 4 much much better

RSEA2009
24-01-2011, 20:51

Greig Guthrie
24-01-2011, 23:04
What a cracking poster.

If we can't get more golfers in now I'll be gutted.

Hats off to the designer.

campsie
24-01-2011, 23:07
What a cracking poster.

If we can't get more golfers in now I'll be gutted.

hes made the grass green:mad:

Greig Guthrie
24-01-2011, 23:11
Up until last week it was white. Now thats not PC either!

campsie
24-01-2011, 23:19
Up until last week it was white. Now thats not PC either!

orange ball, easy, anyway as long as the greens are cleared there is not a hole that cant be reached from the t, might need to bring my 6 iron mind you.

Greig Guthrie
24-01-2011, 23:47
Theres a challange. Go round with only your 6 iron and putter and see what score you get.

campsie
24-01-2011, 23:53
Theres a challange. Go round with only your 6 iron and putter and see what score you get.

can score 90 at worse that way, so guessing 82 - 85.

Old guy once said it was the easiest way to play, most holes 3 shots to the green, never miss the fairway with such a lofted club.

But as said its a poofs game.

Russell_Nash
25-01-2011, 01:18
make 80 your target Salty

ps - did you see the thread where campsie said he'd shag you?

Russell_Nash
25-01-2011, 01:19
What a cracking poster.

Too Many Daves

cosmoger
25-01-2011, 01:27
All the best with this sounds great.

Greig Guthrie
25-01-2011, 09:10
make 80 your target Salty

ps - did you see the thread where campsie said he'd shag you?

He's not the first and definately not the last:p

campsie
25-01-2011, 09:13
He's not the first and definately not the last:p

See i knew you were a magnet to the male species.
Nash reckoned it was the uniform, i assured him it was something else;)

Greig Guthrie
25-01-2011, 09:23
What was it then......Go on enlighten.

campsie
25-01-2011, 09:26
What was it then......Go on enlighten.

Thats for another day, but nash dont call you salty for nothing:eek:

campsie
25-01-2011, 09:44
Go to work.....

I'm away out to drum up more donations.

just leaving boss.
Still no word back from Derby yet:(

Russell_Nash
25-01-2011, 11:46
I'm away out to drum up more donations.

b19got

1.5L of vodka

Russell_Nash
25-01-2011, 11:46

Greig Guthrie
25-01-2011, 13:42
Thats us up to 35 names now. Its filling up just nice.

Greig Guthrie
25-01-2011, 17:33
The prizes are starting to add up now and things shaping up.

Brian Laudrup
25-01-2011, 17:49
I will pay after I get payed this weekend GG, are we going for stableford rules for the day??

Greig Guthrie
25-01-2011, 17:53
Probably stableford.

Will look to maybe have a best scratch & handicap as well. Just wait on all the 24 handicaps appearing!!

May try and have a team prize as well so best score on each hole with each fourball and then the best score at the end of the day gets something as well.

It will mean there is a chance of everyone getting something.

Pass onto all that is coming regarding the payment as well please

Brian Laudrup
25-01-2011, 18:03
Stableford means that high handicappers like myself won't ruin their whole round if they have a bad couple of holes

Greig Guthrie
25-01-2011, 18:05
When we get the names finalised and the monies paid then we'll sort it all out, but as you said stableford is probably the way we'll go.

campsie
25-01-2011, 18:36
Stableford means that high handicappers like myself won't ruin their whole round if they have a bad couple of holes

fc uk the low handicappers mate, its a day out for fun.

6 iron and a putter for anyone above 18 and those below only require a wedge and putter.;)

Ive not decided my handicap yet, most likely the cider mind you.

Greig Guthrie
25-01-2011, 18:40
Will make sure Evelyn has the bar stocked with strongbow for you.

Greig Guthrie
25-01-2011, 20:11
Have been in touch with a few different courses today to see about 4 ball donations so will get back to you as soon as I find out myself

Brian Laudrup
25-01-2011, 20:30
Have been in touch with a few different courses today to see about 4 ball donations so will get back to you as soon as I find out myself

i do this every year for the Follow Follow Golf Day so dont be too disapointed if you only get a few replies,i usually send out a 100 ish emails and if i get 10 replies thats very good going but having the Erskine name behind you will almost certainly help

Greig Guthrie
25-01-2011, 22:08
Contacted a 9 hole course in Stirling near the motorway, won't mention the name, but when I mentioned we were doing it for Erskine and we were the RSEA (Rangers Supporters Erskine Appeal) all I got was we don't do that type of thing for clubs outside of the Stirling area. Her attitude suggested to me as soon as I mentioned Rangers she wasn't for it. One of the potatoe pickers I think.
Will be restricting my business there in future.

Greig Guthrie
26-01-2011, 09:01
not to hard to work out though

did captain judas have a hotel in this village?

Captain Judas?????

Non of the villages around Stirling just a course near the motorway services.

Got the e-mail as well. have sent you a couple back.

Russell_Nash
26-01-2011, 10:43
3 more four balls donated, Pugwash

:)

campsie
26-01-2011, 12:05
3 more four balls donated, Pugwash

:)

Pugwash!!!
More like uncle albert

Russell_Nash
26-01-2011, 12:07
another 2 x fourballs in

Greig Guthrie
26-01-2011, 13:55
Some cracking prizes in now and more to follow. Plenty 4 balls which is great news and all cracking courses.

campsie
26-01-2011, 19:07
put a couple of threesomes up for grabs and all those pervs in the lounge will sign up.

Greig Guthrie
26-01-2011, 22:05
Back you go. Payments have now started well done.

campsie
26-01-2011, 22:14
still no word from derby re Ted mcminn, if any bears have a number let me nash or salty know please.

Greig Guthrie
27-01-2011, 00:35
pm sent regarding the book and Teds number

Greig Guthrie
27-01-2011, 15:06
Another 3 prizes handed into Erskine today for the golf. They are all adding up now.

Greig Guthrie
27-01-2011, 17:55
Have just heard through the grapevine that one of the prizes being worked on just now is going to be MEGA!!!!

Anyone else looking to play get your names down soon.

campsie
27-01-2011, 22:38
how many more are required?

Greig Guthrie
27-01-2011, 23:25
how many more are required?

18 -28 If we get between this I'll be chuffed. The poster went out todat to the members of Callander GC and the club has a BIG bluenose following so hopefully we'll get a good response over the weekend.;)

Did you get a hold of the Tin Man?

campsie
27-01-2011, 23:30
18 -28 If we get between this I'll be chuffed. The poster went out todat to the members of Callander GC and the club has a BIG bluenose following so hopefully we'll get a good response over the weekend.;)

Did you get a hold of the Tin Man?

he has my number, he never phoned, ill try the one you gave me on sat, he said to another poster he will sign the book, so hoping he phones me when hes got time.

Greig Guthrie
27-01-2011, 23:34
Got another 3 four balls getting posted from Erskine today, so should get them tomorrow. Alos been in touch with talktalk and he's up my way next week so dropping off another 4 ball and having a cuppa tea as well.

I sent out quite a few e-mails the other day to clubs around this neck of the woods but nothing back as yet. Probably because of winter hours just now mind.

Greig Guthrie
28-01-2011, 13:17
Thats another 4 ball in from Hilton Park GC. Any of you looking in thanks again.

Greig Guthrie
29-01-2011, 14:37
Just had the caterer confirmed and the menu he's thinking of doing is a cracker!!!

Can't see anyone who attends being dissapointed with this.

Greig Guthrie
30-01-2011, 12:04
More prizes added this morning.

Daniel Dravott
31-01-2011, 20:31
how many more golfers required GG?

Greig Guthrie
31-01-2011, 20:50
Still plenty spaces left.

Greig Guthrie
01-02-2011, 12:08
Thats more prizes in today. The room is filling up.

Greig Guthrie
01-02-2011, 12:43
More payments made this morning.

Thanks again to those so far.

Greig Guthrie
01-02-2011, 15:54
Just picked up the prizes from Allan Martin, Callander Club Pro.

Cracking Benross Putter, Benross Towel & 2 Windcheater Tops.

Thanks again Callander GC.

Greig Guthrie
02-02-2011, 23:42
Advertisment out in the fanzine tonight. Any Bears looking in fancy helping this great cause pm me or Nashy for details.

Greig Guthrie
03-02-2011, 09:19
Another few names and numbers added this morning. Now sitting at 34. Anyone else interested please pm.

Greig Guthrie
03-02-2011, 18:26
More payments in tonight and more to come.

Well done Bears for supporting this great cause!

Greig Guthrie
03-02-2011, 22:28
Another couple of payments in tonight again. Cheers lads. Its going to be a cracking day.

campsie
04-02-2011, 08:51
your doing away not to bad for a sailor:p

B19GOT
04-02-2011, 12:34
I have now paid - no drinking for my boys we are playing to win :):):)

Russell_Nash
04-02-2011, 12:39
I have now paid - no drinking for my boys we are playing to win :):):)

Its not about the taking part, Its about the winning

Greig Guthrie
04-02-2011, 13:51
Bloody low handicapers!!

They can get the packet of 3 golf balls for their cheek!! They are even coming with their own polo shirts made up so as to show the rest up as they are a team!!!

Thanks for your support again lads. Much appreciated.

Nashy, have you the top away to the framers yet??

campsie
04-02-2011, 19:55
Bloody low handicapers!!

They can get the packet of 3 golf balls for their cheek!! They are even coming with their own polo shirts made up so as to show the rest up as they are a team!!!

Thanks for your support again lads. Much appreciated.

Nashy, have you the top away to the framers yet??

they get humped at stableford,
the 28's always win that:)

jbrfc
04-02-2011, 20:57
Payment sent for me + one .

Russell_Nash
04-02-2011, 21:42
Payment sent for me + one .

nice one. .

Greig Guthrie
05-02-2011, 09:24
Another payment in this morning and another 4 ball donation should be made later today.

Greig Guthrie
05-02-2011, 12:05
Another 2 players from Cookiemonster today.

Also just received a 4 ball from Glenbervie Golf Club.

Greig Guthrie
05-02-2011, 14:40
Another 2 names added to the list.

Brian Laudrup
05-02-2011, 15:02
payment made

Greig Guthrie
05-02-2011, 19:46
Thanks you Mr Laudrup for the payment.

Only a few more from the list to go.

jbrfc
05-02-2011, 20:35
Hopefully i will be adding one more soon .

Outstanding work guys :) .

Greig Guthrie
05-02-2011, 21:43
Its looking good.
More prizes to be added this week.

Greig Guthrie
06-02-2011, 19:31
Back up you go. Still needing a few names.

rfcgirl
06-02-2011, 20:35
I have 4 Callander bluenoses interested. Plus a fourball at Lenzie GC for one of your prizes. Regarding payments and handicaps for the golf what is the procedure? When i get the voucher for the prize i will contact you. ;)

am proud 2 b blue
06-02-2011, 20:49
I have 4 Callander bluenoses interested. Plus a fourball at Lenzie GC for one of your prizes. Regarding payments and handicaps for the golf what is the procedure? When i get the voucher for the prize i will contact you. ;)

campsie, got a right one here; handicaps - ffs,

whatever happened to turning up and playing with a hockey stick, and wearing one of those hats with a can of strongbow on each side and a straw:D

campsie
06-02-2011, 20:51
campsie, got a right one here; handicaps - ffs,

whatever happened to turning up and playing with a hockey stick, and wearing one of those hats with a can of strongbow on each side and a straw:D

exactly.
Golf = 2 clubs and a bag of beer.

nae winners nae loosers just a lot of pished pringle pricks.

surely the union bears must be golfers, they are trendy and must wear slacks and polo shirts?
Barca get mobbed up:D

rfcgirl
06-02-2011, 20:57
Thanks for the last 2 posts makes us feel wanted you couple of tadgers :roll:

am proud 2 b blue
06-02-2011, 21:20

awwwwwwwwwww shucks you say the nicest things:D

unfortunately, I can't make it - I also couldn't pot a golf ball with a cricket bat; hope you have a great day and raise a good bit:)

me http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/989/21410802.png

campsie
06-02-2011, 22:08

you are wanted, every bear bearette is wanted, golf is still for pringle pricks tho, surely you agree;)

awwwwwwwwwww shucks you say the nicest things:D

unfortunately, I can't make it - I also couldn't pot a golf ball with a cricket bat; hope you have a great day and raise a good bit:)

me

http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/989/21410802.png
surely you t off with the bat and put out with the queue thingy:confused:

Greig Guthrie
06-02-2011, 22:49

Just pm'd you.
Regards the 4 ball prize. Thanks a lot that sounds great. Another to add to the ever growing list.

Greig Guthrie
07-02-2011, 16:03
44 names so far. Looking for another few to fill up the spaces.

Anyone interested please pm and get all the juciy information on what looks like is going to be a great day.

campsie
07-02-2011, 23:24
better get the numbers up, im not comin out o retirement, would be unfare for a guy wae 2 clubs to with the thing.

Greig Guthrie
08-02-2011, 07:54
RFCGIRL is going to act as caddie for a 4 ball for a nice wee donation to the fund. Just think, she's one of the greenkeepers at the club, knows where to hit and where not to hit. Could be invaluable to a 4 ball wanting to win a "special" prize.

Greig Guthrie
08-02-2011, 17:49
Met RFCGIRL today at Callander and she asures me the course is in good condition for the time of year. Hoping to get out for a few holes this week if the weather holds off.

Another few donations made today.

Russell_Nash
08-02-2011, 19:04
Met RFCGIRL today at Callander and she asures me the course is in good condition for the time of year. Hoping to get out for a few holes this week if the weather holds off.

Another few donations made today.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhh

Grandmaster_Suck
08-02-2011, 19:29
Get It Putted.

Greig Guthrie
08-02-2011, 21:49
Don't think the driver would appreciate that much

cookiemonster
08-02-2011, 22:10
Get It Putted.

Hope you're turning up on the day,worthy sir?

Brian Laudrup
08-02-2011, 22:14
Hope you're turning up on the day,worthy sir?

if he is i hope he remembers his golf clubs this time:D

Greig Guthrie
08-02-2011, 22:15
Yes it would be nice to see Herr Suck at the golfing day. He's maybe heard about the great hospitality shown to visitors at the club.

Greig Guthrie
08-02-2011, 22:16

Surely he's not going to do a Campsie and bring his 7 iron, putter and a crate of strongbow;)

Brian Laudrup
08-02-2011, 22:18
Surely he's not going to do a Campsie and bring his 7 iron, putter and a crate of strongbow;)

he turned up at last years FF golf day without his clubs,i mean who forgets to bring their clubs to a golf day

Greig Guthrie
08-02-2011, 22:20
There's a pro at the club who will kindly seel him a set for charity!!

Greig Guthrie
08-02-2011, 22:24
If anyone knows bornslippy22 tell him to get his finger oot with the readies!!

cookiemonster
08-02-2011, 22:46

At least he remembered the polo shirts :D

Brian Laudrup
08-02-2011, 22:46
At least he remembered the polo shirts :D

true mate:D

Greig Guthrie
08-02-2011, 22:48
There are a few coming wearing "team" polo shirts so they mean business at the prize end of the day.

campsie
08-02-2011, 22:49
do you need to wear shirt collar and slacks?
or will hoodie and jeans do?

Greig Guthrie
08-02-2011, 22:55
do you need to wear shirt collar and slacks?
or will hoodie and jeans do?

They maybe do that in Fife, but not in the Trossachs:angel:

bluenosebazza
08-02-2011, 23:05
If anyone knows bornslippy22 tell him to get his finger oot with the readies!!

I've had a lot to deal with in the last few days so I've not seen him but I'll send him a text to let him know.

Greig Guthrie
08-02-2011, 23:09
I've had a lot to deal with in the last few days so I've not seen him but I'll send him a text to let him know.

Cheers Bazza.

Got a ;)meeting;) on Thursday night so hoping to get the final numbers from there. So once I know all the payments are in then I know how many I need to ask at said meeting.;)

campsie
08-02-2011, 23:45
They maybe do that in Fife, but not in the Trossachs:angel:

where the trossachs? anywhere near cumbernauld?

bluenosebazza
08-02-2011, 23:53
Cheers Bazza.

Got a ;)meeting;) on Thursday night so hoping to get the final numbers from there. So once I know all the payments are in then I know how many I need to ask at said meeting.;)

Just heard from bornslippy22, he needs to pull out. Which leaves you a man down and me minus transport to Callander. Anybody able to help me out with a lift from Glasgow on the day please?

Greig Guthrie
09-02-2011, 09:05
pm cookiemoster he may be able to help out. Or get in touch with Nashy. There is also the pro from John Greig's club, Lenzie so there are a few that will be able to help I'm sure.

campsie
09-02-2011, 09:16
Just heard from bornslippy22, he needs to pull out. Which leaves you a man down and me minus transport to Callander. Anybody able to help me out with a lift from Glasgow on the day please?

walk, just hit the ball every now and again, isnt that the idea of golf, cant be much more than 40 miles.

bluenosebazza
09-02-2011, 13:07
Think i've got myself sorted with a lift there and back. Thanks to Nash and GG for the help though.

Greig Guthrie
09-02-2011, 13:56
Thats good news. Had another 4 drop out today so looking for about 12 to fill the spaces.

Greig Guthrie
09-02-2011, 17:24
More prizes received today and more to be colelcted on Saturday.

We have 11 spaces left for the day and if you are interested then we are looking for prompt payment as finalising the meals next week.

campsie
09-02-2011, 20:28
More prizes received today and more to be colelcted on Saturday.

We have 11 spaces left for the day and if you are interested then we are looking for prompt payment as finalising the meals next week.

I'll pay meal when I finish work.

campsie
09-02-2011, 23:01
thats ma dinner paid for, if i dont make it, ill expect a delivery.

campsie
10-02-2011, 08:48
a wee bump for any golfers that havent signed up

Greig Guthrie
10-02-2011, 10:12
Still needing about 12 names. Anyone going keep asking about for others. Cookiemonster has ordered a double decker and needs to fill it.:D

greyhairbear
10-02-2011, 18:21
Bump.......................

cookiemonster
10-02-2011, 18:53
Still needing about 12 names. Anyone going keep asking about for others. Cookiemonster has ordered a double decker and needs to fill it.:D

I've ordered securicor to deliver the money to you on saturday big man :D

campsie
10-02-2011, 23:13
I've ordered securicor to deliver the money to you on saturday big man :D

you would think hed come down the clyde in his wee boat and pick everyone up.

Greig Guthrie
10-02-2011, 23:52
More Coal McPhail!!! More Coal!

Greig Guthrie
10-02-2011, 23:54
Lodge Robert Burns are bringing a party of 12 in a mini bus for the day.

Well done those Brethern.

Greig Guthrie
11-02-2011, 10:51
Final numbers nearly in. Looks like its going to be a cracking day.

More prizes still coming in as well.

campsie
11-02-2011, 11:14
Lodge Robert Burns are bringing a party of 12 in a mini bus for the day.

Well done those Brethern.

thought them lot rode goats? why the need for a bus:confused:

Russell_Nash
11-02-2011, 12:20
thought them lot rode goats? why the need for a bus:confused:

now now

how many fraternal orders are you wanting to fall foul of in the space of 6 month?

Greig Guthrie
11-02-2011, 12:43
You can take the man out of Glenrothes but you can't take Glenrothes out of the man.

Greig Guthrie
11-02-2011, 15:22
Pm sent to all FF golfers attending.

Russell_Nash
11-02-2011, 15:45
You can take the man out of Glenrothes but you can't take Glenrothes out of the man.

dont let him kid you - he is from posso

Greig Guthrie
11-02-2011, 15:47
dont let him kid you - he is from posso

I didn't realise there was a posh bit in Glenrothes?:eek:

Russell_Nash
11-02-2011, 15:49
I didn't realise there was a posh bit in Glenrothes?:eek:

no

possil park
north glasgowshire

nr bearsden

Greig Guthrie
11-02-2011, 15:52
Ah, the Glasgow slang. Gotcha. Us Lowlanders fae Alloa dinae always unerstaund it.

Redondo
11-02-2011, 17:46
Greig, I sent you a PM (hopefully...iPhones !). I'd like to play, hopefully I'm not too late in applying.

campsie
11-02-2011, 22:13
Greig, I sent you a PM (hopefully...iPhones !). I'd like to play, hopefully I'm not too late in applying.

course you can mate.
All you need is a 6 iron and a putter and your in.
Welcome aboard.

Greig Guthrie
11-02-2011, 22:27

I've just pm'd you

campsie
11-02-2011, 22:32
I've just pm'd you

how many required now?

Russell_Nash
11-02-2011, 23:40
how many required now?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFd5Cci_pE4

Greig Guthrie
11-02-2011, 23:40
Basically got 53 now although some still to pay. Getting a wad fae cookiemonster tomorrow and the rest by next week.

I'm not going to knock people back just now but will need to have a limit on it. Probably 60. Will wait and see how it goes though.

campsie
11-02-2011, 23:54
Basically got 53 now although some still to pay. Getting a wad fae cookiemonster tomorrow and the rest by next week.

I'm not going to knock people back just now but will need to have a limit on it. Probably 60. Will wait and see how it goes though.

Thats excellent:)

Redondo
12-02-2011, 00:22
course you can mate.
All you need is a 6 iron and a putter and your in.
Welcome aboard.
Cheers Campsie, whats a putter ?? :blink:

Redondo
12-02-2011, 00:22
I've just pm'd you
Cheers Greig, got it. I'll get it done.

campsie
12-02-2011, 00:33
Cheers Campsie, whats a putter ?? :blink:

the back end of the 6 iron;)

cookiemonster
12-02-2011, 07:12

I'm working this morning mate,i'll meet you in the WRC whenever i get finished.
Got another bottle of whisky as a prize yesterday,i'll bring it with me today.
Oh aye,got the money too :D

Greig Guthrie
12-02-2011, 09:10
build it and they will come

Think I'm needing an extension;)

Greig Guthrie
13-02-2011, 00:25
A table for 4 Pre-Match at the Wee Rangers Club has been donated along with 4 tickets for the Founders Trail as well.

Thanks very much to The Wee Rangers Club and Le Bluebear for their kind donations

Greig Guthrie
13-02-2011, 10:15
A wee bump for sunday morning

campsie
13-02-2011, 10:35
A table for 4 Pre-Match at the Wee Rangers Club has been donated along with 4 tickets for the Founders Trail as well.

Thanks very much to The Wee Rangers Club and Le Bluebear for their kind donations

a great prize, i got slaughtered on here for saying hospitality was better in the wrc than ibrox. i stand by what i said.
The founders trail speaks for itself, superb.

Greig Guthrie
13-02-2011, 10:41
Those involved in said donations had no hesitation with it either which makes is so much easier when asking. Thanks again.

cookiemonster
13-02-2011, 11:05
Still waiting on an answer from the 4 players i spoke to you about yesterday,will let you know as soon as i find out.
Fourball at Drumpellier golf club,Coatbridge,donated as a prize

Greig Guthrie
13-02-2011, 12:05
Superb with the donation.

I'm sure the Lads from Robert Burns will be after that one. Sure they play there each year for their day out.

campsie
13-02-2011, 14:08
looking good then.

Greig Guthrie
13-02-2011, 15:49
Very much so.

rfcgirl
13-02-2011, 19:24
How much is it just for dinner?

Greig Guthrie
13-02-2011, 20:00
How much is it just for dinner?

Just a tenner plus the gift aid please.

RSEA2009
13-02-2011, 20:01
GG you have email including a new recruit looking for info

Greig Guthrie
13-02-2011, 20:07
GG you have email including a new recruit looking for info

Got it. Have forwarded the info onto said recruit.

Will need to close it on Friday I think otherwise we'll need to tee off earlier and we're at 60 already.

Greig Guthrie
13-02-2011, 20:20
Another payment plus extra meal paid for. Going to be a cracking night.

Greig Guthrie
13-02-2011, 22:40
Another prize just in. Thanks Airdrie Golf Club.

campsie
14-02-2011, 11:56
Time is grub. for us non pringle whatevers

Greig Guthrie
14-02-2011, 18:12
I thought you'd be more of a Lyle & Scott man myself.

jbrfc
14-02-2011, 19:56
Wee bump .

Plus PM sent .

Greig Guthrie
14-02-2011, 21:15
Got it and a pm sent to you too.

campsie
14-02-2011, 21:27
I thought you'd be more of a Lyle & Scott man myself.

nah, matalan for me.

Saw a driving comp once.
Pringle prk, lyle&scott snob and a donnay

they all teed off and the donnay hit it furthest.
Just shows you, the gear means jack shit.:D
Anyway what time is the grub, trying to work out if ill make it, might need to bring the wean and sussing out times.

Greig Guthrie
14-02-2011, 21:36
nah, matalan for me.

Saw a driving comp once.
Pringle prk, lyle&scott snob and a donnay

they all teed off and the donnay hit it furthest.
Just shows you, the gear means jack shit.:D
Anyway what time is the grub, trying to work out if ill make it, might need to bring the wean and sussing out times.

Around tea time I'd imagine. Last group in before 4 pm so dinner about 5.

Greig Guthrie
15-02-2011, 09:17
Only 2 more to pay and 2 spaces available.

Greig Guthrie
15-02-2011, 12:59
One more name added. 1 space left assuming the other 2 pay.

Greig Guthrie
15-02-2011, 18:01
Looking to have these spaces filled by Friday if anyone still interested.

Greig Guthrie
16-02-2011, 08:45
A wee bump back up.

Greig Guthrie
16-02-2011, 18:15
Still 3 names to go. C'Mon lads its gonna be a great day!!

Greig Guthrie
17-02-2011, 08:48
Back up you go.

Only 2 weeks to go.

Greig Guthrie
19-02-2011, 09:45
2 weeks to go and lets hope there is no snow.

Black and Blue
19-02-2011, 11:55
Greig you have steered a good course with this one well done

Brian Laudrup
19-02-2011, 12:35
is callender GC hilly,need to decide between electric or normal golf trolley

Greig Guthrie
19-02-2011, 17:13
is callender GC hilly,need to decide between electric or normal golf trolley

Bring your electric one. Its not bad on the way down;)

Greig Guthrie
19-02-2011, 17:14
Greig you have steered a good course with this one well done

I like your use of the word steered. Cheers for the support. I just hope it turns out weel on the day, although I'm sure it will.

Greig Guthrie
21-02-2011, 13:26
A wee bump with less than 2 weeks to go.

Anyone wishing to make a donation of raffle prizes please pm me asap.
Cheers