PDA

View Full Version : Selling Rangers stuff (programmes and videos) to raise money for Erskine – advice

DALRSC
18-01-2011, 13:50
Thanks to the poster davydumper, we have acquired about 200 Rangers programmes and a load of old Rangers videos. Looking to find the best way to flog them and send all the proceeds to Erskine.

Anyone done something like this before, if so what’s the best way?

Selling them individually through ebay? (don’t really want to go down this route)
Taking them to a collector in Glasgow maybe? I don’t even know if there is a collector in Glasgow?

Would they be worth much or would we not know i.e they would be valued individually?

Any help would be great

Cheers

fergier
18-01-2011, 14:40
rangers history forum........fellow bears and collectors:D

Russell_Nash
18-01-2011, 14:56
get a pitch at the car boot sale at blochairn

Ive done this before and raised about £120, then donated via just giving

DALRSC
18-01-2011, 14:58
Cant find anywhere on Rangers history forum where I could flog them?

Car boot would be a good idea, didnt think about that one

krs
18-01-2011, 14:59
I would be very interested in the videos as I could transfer them onto DVD

DALRSC
18-01-2011, 15:02
I would be very interested in the videos as I could transfer them onto DVD

I will get a proper list of them typed up tonight mate and post them on the board. I just got a text from davydumper to say we had them to sell and to find out the best way to sell them for Erskine, (hence my thread)

Ill post again tonight if there is any decent videos. cheers

WokinghamBear
18-01-2011, 15:03
Thanks to the poster davydumper, we have acquired about 200 Rangers programmes and a load of old Rangers videos. Looking to find the best way to flog them and send all the proceeds to Erskine.

Anyone done something like this before, if so what’s the best way?

Selling them individually through ebay? (don’t really want to go down this route)
Taking them to a collector in Glasgow maybe? I don’t even know if there is a collector in Glasgow?

Would they be worth much or would we not know i.e they would be valued individually?

Any help would be great

Cheers

Would it be possible to list the items and publish on here? A number of collectors (me included) who might be able to add to their stash through this and the money goes to a good cause - everyone wins.

Virtual auctions have been done on threads here before - could be managed.

DALRSC
18-01-2011, 15:05
Yeah WB, ill have a proper look tonight and get a decent list up in case there is anything that catches peoples eye. People could then just send a donation to Erskine and I would send the programme, cheers, leave it with me

kclarkhall
18-01-2011, 15:16
Create a list on here and let members pick and choose? Suppose thats almost as much efforst as listing them on ebay, but it gives members here the chance to pick up some collectors stuff!

DALRSC
21-01-2011, 10:36
Morning gents,

received the bundle last night, daviedumper failed to mention there was ****ing hundreds and hundreds of them! ha ha ha

They are mainly between 1991-1995, loads of programmes, loads of the old style Rangers news, even a paper season book from 95 season!

What do collectors look for? Is there ones in particular or is every collector different i.e they look for ones to complete there collection...im meaning that they are not valuable but someone might want a specific one?

The video's are like 4/5 in a row season and a few others, maybe about 30 videos.

I might try create a list but it will take a while.

campsie
21-01-2011, 10:50
Morning gents,

received the bundle last night, daviedumper failed to mention there was ****ing hundreds and hundreds of them! ha ha ha

They are mainly between 1991-1995, loads of programmes, loads of the old style Rangers news, even a paper season book from 95 season!

What do collectors look for? Is there ones in particular or is every collector different i.e they look for ones to complete there collection...im meaning that they are not valuable but someone might want a specific one?

The video's are like 4/5 in a row season and a few others, maybe about 30 videos.

get a move on, only takes 5 mins, thought you admin feckers were super human?

am proud 2 b blue
21-01-2011, 11:25
Morning gents,

any chance of scanning them and putting pics up as wee, should only take you an extra 5 minutes, cheers

DALRSC
21-01-2011, 11:37
ha ha Campsie, I might go through them on Sunday and try get an excel list made up.

Was hoping to not sell them one at a time but suppose if thats the only way to do it then I should.

Are programmes from 1992 really going to be that sought after?

(am pround to be blue, Not got a scanner)

Russell_Nash
21-01-2011, 12:16
ha ha Campsie, I might go through them on Sunday and try get an excel list made up.

Was hoping to not sell them one at a time but suppose if thats the only way to do it then I should.

Are programmes from 1992 really going to be that sought after?
(am pround to be blue, Not got a scanner)

10p or 20p each tops

am proud 2 b blue
21-01-2011, 17:53
10p or 20p each tops

i'll give a fiver to erskine for the Mr Struth memorial one if he has it ; can't remember what year or game at the minute without looking it up

DALRSC; have you tried on here

http://rangersfchistory.freeforums.org/rangers-programmes-f4.html

rangeral
21-01-2011, 19:11
Morning gents,

Most of the 1990s stock is worthless in price for Lge & Cup,

Most hardcore collectors will have everything but the novice one maybe need something

Aberdeen 11th May 1991 is the only home that is worth more than 50p-£1 general bracket these can sell for but with the likes of Ebay it now turns up more often around the £5 mark

Dundee United 7th May 1997 is the only real one away worth anything £10+

My copy which I picked in Edinburgh at a programme fair a year after it happen £1, team changes on the back cover was the fault, sold it a couple of years later for £45 when selling my collection.

What about big match - cup final, semi, euro home & away, friendlies home & away, it might worth listing them

Condition does play a part as well so keep an idea in case the programmes are not near the condition they bought

hope this helps a bit

OrigTommy
04-05-2011, 00:06
DALRSC, how did you get on with shifting the above batch of programmes?

I'm planning on moving soon and as space is at a premium i'm not sure the lady will be impressed at a few banana boxes of old programmes arriving in the new place - let me know how you got on.

OrigTommy
08-05-2011, 12:42
DALRSC, how did you get on with shifting the above batch of programmes?

I'm planning on moving soon and as space is at a premium i'm not sure the lady will be impressed at a few banana boxes of old programmes arriving in the new place - let me know how you got on.

A wee bump to this thread to see if DALRSC can help?