PDA

View Full Version : Swedish kid to train with Gers

Buddiebearette
18-01-2011, 13:02
Rangers will look at talented young Swede Emil Krafth next week.

The 16-year-old Osters winger has been invited for a trial after impressing Rangers scouts in his homeland.

Krafth said: “It feels great to be recognised in this way. Our sporting director, Peter Kuno Johansson, told me Rangers had invited me and of course I want to go and try out.”

Evening Times

KingLaudrup
18-01-2011, 13:03
Rangers will look at talented young Swede Emil Krafth next week.

The 16-year-old Osters winger has been invited for a trial after impressing Rangers scouts in his homeland.

Krafth said: “It feels great to be recognised in this way. Our sporting director, Peter Kuno Johansson, told me Rangers had invited me and of course I want to go and try out.”

Evening Times

I believed it until I read this...

squaddie-bear
18-01-2011, 13:05
Good work Rangers, may come to nothing but at least we are looking.

dublinbear
18-01-2011, 13:06
I'm hoping that the emergence of Wilson, Ness, Fleck, Hutton, Wylde and Cole will make us an attractive option for youngsters all over Europe now.

BMC1981
18-01-2011, 13:12
Feeney
Fetai
Ashikodi
Bendiksen

All the next big thing.

Then disappear.

BdTS
18-01-2011, 13:17
Feeney
Fetai
Ashikodi
Bendiksen

All the next big thing.

Then disappear.

I just love, absolutely love, how you threw Bendiksen in there when the kid still has a chance.

But, of course, your argument would've been pretty light if you only mentioned 3 players.

Truckload of FAIL for you, MCLACHLAN.

Maxiglw
18-01-2011, 13:17

Is Prytz not "home" now ?

Anyway i am happy with this - from here on in we must be looking to find good young talent that we can help to mature into our first team and then to sell on to the big boys for a healthy profit.

We have moved down the food chain folks and no longer can dine at the top table.

larrydavidloyal
18-01-2011, 13:19
Feeney
Fetai
Ashikodi
Bendiksen

All the next big thing.

Then disappear.

Doesn't say anywhere he's the next big thing...

Coop711
I like the Scandinavians........and some of their blokes are good at football too :D

Seriously though - we should explore this area more. Players from there tend to do very well.

BMC1981
I just love, absolutely love, how you threw Bendiksen in there when the kid still has a chance.

But, of course, your argument would've been pretty light if you only mentioned 3 players.

Truckload of FAIL for you, MCLACHLAN.

How many of the 'Next big things' that we have brought in from abroad have made it into our first team and made a contribution in the last 10 years?

Come on tell 'Massive Fail' how many?

Earl of Leven
18-01-2011, 13:20
Let's hope he is a decent talent....parents know that in SPL terms their kids WON'T play for tims as they buy in players; but with us if they're good enough they have a chance.

jdm1873
18-01-2011, 13:21
How many of the 'Next big things' that we have brought in from abroad have made it into our first team and made a contribution in the last 10 years?

Where in the OP does it say Next Big Thing? It says he has been invited for a trial.

Bear_In_Orkney
18-01-2011, 13:23

A bit negative for a Rangers Fan are you not.

Just about all the time.

allanrfc
18-01-2011, 13:24

Are you saying we should stop signing cheap youngsters from abroad? :blink:

BMC1981
18-01-2011, 13:25
Some peoples responses to things on here at times go beyond boring..

I ask for an explanation and all you get is 'negative negative bla bla bla'

Both predictable and nonsensical.

dublinbear
18-01-2011, 13:27

How many quotes can you find from an RFC employee saying we have signed 'the next big thing'?

BdTS
Some peoples responses to things on here at times go beyond boring..

I ask for an explanation and all you get is 'negative negative bla bla bla'

Both predictable and nonsensical.

It's not nonsensical, it is true.

You have played down and almost written off a player who has been invited for a trial...a player who we haven't even decided we wanted to sign yet.

You've then listed examples of 4 players, one of whom was never hyped as a supoerstar, one of whom is still young and has a chance and the other two were from a manager who hasn't been here for 5 years.

Again, all based upon the story about a potential trialist.

how is that NOT negative? :confused:

BMC1981
Are you saying we should stop signing cheap youngsters from abroad? :blink:

No

What I am saying is that we have brought players to this Club at a young age since I was a wee boy, I've read in Rangers News and other outlets that they are going to be this and that, they are thought of as the next (put some great foreigners name from that country) and we have high hopes for them.

I am nearly 30 and I have never seen one eventually break into the team and make a contribution to the Rangers first team.

It either says something about our coaching and development or something wrong elsewhere.

But apparent it's just being 'negative' as opposed to matter of fact. :roll:

BMC1981
18-01-2011, 13:30
It's not nonsensical, it is true.

You have played down and almost written off a player who has been invited for a trial...a player who we haven't even decided we wanted to sign yet.

You've then listed examples of 4 players, one of whom was never hyped as a supoerstar, one of whom is still young and has a chance and the other two were from a manager who hasn't been here for 5 years.

Again, all based upon the story about a potential trialist.

how is that NOT negative? :confused:

As I've just posted it's not negative it's matter of fact.

These Kids we get from Abroad and some we sign, some we don't I have never seen break into the first team at a later date.

It either says we shouldn't of brought them in the first place or our coaching and development is very poor.

dublinbear
18-01-2011, 13:32

These Kids we get from Abroad and some we sign, some we don't I have never seen break into the first team at a later date.

It either says we shouldn't of brought them in the first place or our coaching and development is very poor.

The standard of player we are bringing into the first team recently is better than anything else in this country by a long long way.

It's also better than a lot of EPL clubs.

We still have a bit to go, but things have improved a lot.

jdm1873
These kids we are signing from abroad just now seem to be a decent standard.

I do accept that alot of these youngsters and come and gone but the same applies to Scottish youngsters that we have signed.

Kane Hemmings has come up from England and appears to be a talent as does Bendiksen who unfortunately has sustained injuries etc.

As for no foreign youngsters coming through - Do you remember Rino?

The Bridge
Ra Tic will tap him up. They'll have him signed tomorrow.

jdm1873
18-01-2011, 13:34
Look at Rory Loy - a Scottish youngster we bought for a decent fee from Kilmarnock - think the fee was set by a tribunal and what has happened to him? He will be away at the end of the season.

For every foreign player we sign and then leaves we lose at least 10 scottish players through similar circumstances.

larrydavidloyal
18-01-2011, 13:36

Fetai played for the first team.

A low percentage of all our youth players make it into the first team, should we just not bother with training young players at all?

scooby
18-01-2011, 13:39
No

What I am saying is that we have brought players to this Club at a young age since I was a wee boy, I've read in Rangers News and other outlets that they are going to be this and that, they are thought of as the next (put some great foreigners name from that country) and we have high hopes for them.

I am nearly 30 and I have never seen one eventually break into the team and make a contribution to the Rangers first team.

It either says something about our coaching and development or something wrong elsewhere.

Rino Gattuso?

BMC1981
18-01-2011, 13:40
Fetai played for the first team.

A low percentage of all our youth players make it into the first team, should we just not bother with training young players at all?

Not at all.

My point is that we should be looking at why they are not making the continued progression.

I am suspect of our Coaching and development right the way through the Club.

dublinbear
18-01-2011, 13:42
Not at all.

My point is that we should be looking at why they are not making the continued progression.

What about the players that have made continued progression and gone on to play for the first team?

jdm1873
18-01-2011, 13:43
Not at all.

Have you not been watching the team this season - how many youngsters are coming through? Because they are not foreign its now a failed experiment?

larrydavidloyal
18-01-2011, 13:47
Not at all.

Hutton, Wylde, Fleck, Ness, Little, Cole, Wilson, McMillan have played in the first team in the past two seasons and contributed. Could be worse.

dublinbear
18-01-2011, 13:48
Have you not been watching the team this season - how many youngsters are coming through? Because they are not foreign its now a failed experiment?

It is a very confusing argument he is putting across.

The coaching and development side of the club is failing only the foreign youngsters we are bringing in. :confused:

BMC1981
18-01-2011, 13:50
Hutton, Wylde, Fleck, Ness, Little, Cole, Wilson, McMillan have played in the first team in the past two seasons and contributed. Could be worse.

That is down to the financial circumstance around the club and our Manager has said as much.

It's one of few positives I take from our financial position.

Davie2909
18-01-2011, 13:52
Its good to see that we are actively looking to bring in good young players. I wonder what came of Tom Mullens trial?

jdm1873
18-01-2011, 13:54
It is a very confusing argument he is putting across.

The coaching and development side of the club is failing only the foreign youngsters we are bringing in. :confused:

We have talented young foreign players at the club but you have to remember the percentage of foreign players compared to home grown talent is very low so you are always going to get more home based players coming through.

The other thing about foreign players coming in is that some might not settle in Scotland.

47blue
18-01-2011, 14:15
Feeney
Fetai
Ashikodi
Bendiksen

All the next big thing.

Then disappear.

What height were they & who was the magician????????????:confused:

scandinavienbear
18-01-2011, 14:59
I watch quite a bit of football over here during the summer months and have never heard of him.Shame we never showed an interest in Linus Hellinius of Hammarby,cracking striker (nominated for FIFA goal of the season) then joined Genoa for sweet FA. :mad:

thebeastsbadtemper
18-01-2011, 15:11
i thought the same about Linus Hallenius, he is young 2 footed,good player who has incredible talent,and signed for Genoa from Hammerby,we could have gone for him,but our management prefer players like beattie...
It just doesnt make sense..he is on about 20k a week with no sell on value,but if we were to be more like Ajax,and play your young scandinavians like Christer Eriksson (dane) ,Lindgren etc, you will get a gem occasionally..But sadly it all goes down to Scouting in my book..I blame them...
remember when we were linked with a wolves defender under Eck,i think fantastic, it must be that kid lescott ...i checked the Internet and it was feckin Kevin Muscat...I mean that says it all.

garymack2.0
18-01-2011, 15:33
I watch quite a bit of football over here during the summer months and have never heard of him.Shame we never showed an interest in Linus Hellinius of Hammarby,cracking striker (nominated for FIFA goal of the season) then joined Genoa for sweet FA. :mad:

unless we start bringing in players like this we will always be in the same poaition of buying guys like beattie for a couple of million.

we should be investing more in the scouting side of things, bringing in kids with great potential and selling them on for millions then getting the next batch in.

It's the only way forward IMO

rez_1873
18-01-2011, 16:49
Feeney
Fetai
Ashikodi
Bendiksen

All the next big thing.

Then disappear.

Would you rather we didnt bring anyone in from abroad (even though 2 you mentioned are from the UK)?

It's always a gamble bringing in youngsters from abroad, but I would rather gamble on taking in 50 and getting 1 good one than none at all.

gordybear
18-01-2011, 17:17
No

did you miss Rino Gattuso?

Jimenez
18-01-2011, 18:04

How about you stop believing everything you read, ever!

Just 'cos a journalist has said previously that a player is the 'next big thing' or a 'wonder kid' doesn't mean its necessarily going to happen. It doesn't mean either that we should stop sourcing players from a certain area.

btw, Bendiksen has been horribly unlucky with injuries. but you knew that, yeah.

wjm796
18-01-2011, 18:05
Feeney
Fetai
Ashikodi
Bendiksen

All the next big thing.

Then disappear.

He is a completely different player FFS.

Blues_and_Twos
18-01-2011, 18:12

Billy McLaren.

ssblue
27-06-2011, 09:51
We have now apparantly made a bid for this youngster after his trial in January.

One for the U19 team obviously.

BlackIsleBlue
27-06-2011, 10:31
The transfer was not insignificant, but Lovenkrands was only 20 when we brought him in. He made some massive contributions to the first team.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/03/12/article-0-004FD7A500000258-323_468x296.jpg

Frank83
27-06-2011, 10:33
We have now apparantly made a bid for this youngster after his trial in January.

Good news! Always like to see us bring in young players with potential.

JohnstoneLoyal
27-06-2011, 10:37
Its good to see that we are doing some scouting work on youth team players as this is a area which has fallen away the last few years, its so important to have a batch of players coming through all the time and if this means buying from abroad then so be it.

Madrid Bill
27-06-2011, 10:51
Billy McLaren.

Random.
Hello. :confused:

Laudrup1
27-06-2011, 11:10

interesting. We'll need to keep an eye on him then. the 19s team (though he might even be in the 17s for a year yet) is certainly going to need a few added to it this year.

Madrid Bill
27-06-2011, 11:16
Billy McLaren.

Random.

Blues_and_Twos
27-06-2011, 11:16
Random.

Hi.

It was the name of the scout who watched him.

My reply was to a poster doubting our scouting prowess.

Does that clear it up for you ?

Madrid Bill
27-06-2011, 11:19
Hi.

It was the name of the scout who watched him.

My reply was to a poster doubting our scouting prowess.

Does that clear it up for you ?

Yes, that clears that up.
Not guilty however.

Blues_and_Twos
27-06-2011, 11:22
Yes, that clears that up.
Not guilty however.

;)

Do you know Queen Honey Bee's can live for up to 4 years ?

Now that's random !!

Der Berliner
27-06-2011, 11:25
Well, now that we have a new "regime" in place on nigh all levels, news such as these may get a new dimension. For in years if not decades gone by, signing up "very talented" youngsters for our youths or u19s or u21s essentially ended in them being shown out the back door a couple of seasons later without any fuss at all. While other SPL teams simply have to throw on their younger players out of need (lack in depths of squad et al) and grrom them to decent enough players through "real" competition, our supposed young stars are kept on till 23 with hardly a sniff at the first team ere being released, folk like Archie Campbell.

Maybe Ally changes that and we see a bit more of Hemmings & Co..

Blues_and_Twos
27-06-2011, 11:29

I'd heard through the grapevine that he had turned us down however.

This is from a few weeks ago.

bearrette
27-06-2011, 11:31
What height were they & who was the magician????????????:confused:

Ha ha ha this thread needs a bit of humour

:D :D :D

ssblue
27-06-2011, 11:33
I'd heard through the grapevine that he had turned us down however.

This is from a few weeks ago.

Seems that Helsinborg are keen and at that age he may wish to stay in his homeland.

Blues_and_Twos
27-06-2011, 11:34
Seems that Helsinborgs are keen and at that age he may wish to stay in his homeland.

My info was that he was reluctant to move so far away from home at a young age, despite that fact that he had been impressed by us.