PDA

View Full Version : Celtic hire top QC as club appeal six-match touchline ban

Bullseye
16-01-2011, 09:35
CELTIC have brought in top QC Paul McBride to help fight Neil Lennon's appeal against his sixgame touchline ban.

The Parkhead club are hell-bent on exposing the SFA's disciplinary system as flawed after claiming Lennon wasn't given a fair hearing by the Hampden beaks last week.

The manager was found guilty of "excessive misconduct' after being sent to the stand by referee Craig Thomson following a bust-up with fourth official Steven McLean during the defeat to Hearts in November.

Celtic will base their appeal on three main points.

Firstly, the SFA disciplinary committee failed to give Lennon a fair hearing last Tuesday when they dished out the ban.

Secondly, they came to the wrong decision based on the facts of the case and, thirdly, the penalty imposed was excessive and inappropriate.

The club also believe the SFA's entire disciplinary procedures are flawed and the charge of excessive misconduct is too vague to be taken seriously.

They will also challenge a match official's right to bring a charge against a manager and then appear in support of the charge.

Celtic believe that process denied Lennon an impartial hearing. And, crucially, the club are adamant there are several damaging inconsistencies in the evidence of the match officials.

Celtic and Lennon strongly dispute the charge the manager swore at fourth official McLean. Although the manager admits swearing, he denies it was aimed at McLean.

This latest move to involve McBride will increase the tension between the club and the SFA.

Both sides have been at war for most of the season on varying issues and this led Celts to call for the removal of Hugh Dallas and Dougie McDonald from their posts at Hampden.

They also asked for an independent review of the SFA and its workings.

Hampden chief executive Stewart Regan has sanctioned a thorough look at ways the SFA can improve and modernise itself.

The ban didn't prevent Lennon branding the performance of Willie Collum "not good enough" in the 1-1 draw at Hamilton on Wednesday night.

Collum was fourth official and Thomson the referee as Hoops beat Hibs 3-0 yesterday.

Asked to assess the performance of the ref, Lennon said: "Happy enough - I'll leave it at that."

swifty
16-01-2011, 09:38
Celtic and Lennon strongly dispute the charge the manager swore at fourth official McLean. Although the manager admits swearing, he denies it was aimed at McLean.

Surely they can't be serious!

vanderhogg
16-01-2011, 09:40
So he was denied a fair hearing? He didn't turn up!!!

And he didn't swear at the 4th official? He f**king squared up to him. The 4th official can still smell the munter's breath today!!

TheHost
16-01-2011, 09:41
Paul McBride QC.... now there is a shock.

hurleyreyes
16-01-2011, 09:43
They will also challenge a match official's right to bring a charge against a manager and then appear in support of the charge.

W T F is that all about. Surely the guy bringing the charge has to appear and give evidence?:confused:

They really are mental.

GF4
16-01-2011, 09:43
That club has now become a parody of itself.

the_ref
16-01-2011, 09:44
Surely they can't be serious!

opened mouthed at that one. Was he just swearing generally? Swearing at his idiot backroom staff? what a bizarre way to defend yourself.

justbrowsing
16-01-2011, 09:48
CELTIC ... are hell-bent on exposing the SFA's disciplinary system as flawed
Is this from the Celtc View?
The author of the article is not exactly fair and unbiased with that opener.

Laudrup70
16-01-2011, 09:49
Its time for the SFA to hammer these bastards, right into the ****ing ground. I've said it before, I'll say it again, you give them an inch they take a mile. You need to apply your foot to their throat on a permanent basis, rea applying pressure at the slightest peep.

Another reformation will be on the way, perhaps not in my lifetime but these ****s are a cancer in any society.

nelster
16-01-2011, 09:52

Jesus Christ, everytime its on SSN you see him call him a F***** D***head

:D

Rabenutam
16-01-2011, 09:52
Mr John-Paul McBride ( he Dropped the John in John-Paul to Catholic ) he is a well known " Queen " Queen's Council, he loves the ' Bhoys ' a season ticket holder at the Midden. He will put his ' heart and soul ' in to it . I am surprised he never became a priest .

halfaperson
16-01-2011, 09:53
they really are pathetic

Earl of Leven
16-01-2011, 09:54
What part of telling the referee to 'f*** off' did we miss?

He also got players and staff to acuse refs of bias and cheating.

What will this QC discover?

(Oh and on Tuesday night the ref got most things right apart from McGinn's yellow card - it was simply a good tackle by the Accies defender).

bedsblue
16-01-2011, 09:57
What part of telling the referee to 'f*** off' did we miss?

He also got players and staff to acuse refs of bias and cheating.

What will this QC discover?

(Oh and on Tuesday night the ref got most things right apart from McGinn's yellow card - it was simply a good tackle by the Accies defender).

What about Wednesday Earl?.........We demand clarification>:)

Earl of Leven
16-01-2011, 10:02
Sorry, wrong night...it's a conspiracy right enough!!

sfaulds
16-01-2011, 10:03
i wonder what religion paul mcbride is. for an all inclusive club they seem to employ alot of catholics

Yves Colleus Scarf
16-01-2011, 10:22
He is supposed to be acting for the McRae family at the FAI.

Surely that's not been adjourned for this nonsense?

Bear_Naked
16-01-2011, 10:28
Mr John-Paul McBride ( he Dropped the John in John-Paul to Catholic ) he is a well known " Queen " Queen's Council, he loves the ' Bhoys ' a season ticket holder at the Midden. He will put his ' heart and soul ' in to it . I am surprised he never became a priest .

Sounds like a typical Rangers-hater. This is the same rhat who defended the indefendable sheridan - no?

Seems to be creeping up all over the place.

Earl of Leven
16-01-2011, 10:30
He ddin't get a fair hearing presumably because he didn't turn up?

Rabenutam
16-01-2011, 10:59
Sounds like a typical Rangers-hater. This is the same rhat who defended the indefendable sheridan - no?

I have friends (bluenoses) who know him, say he is a nice guy. He is a ' Queen ' , Each to there own . Not sure a bout Defending Sheridan, Timmy Sheridan defended himself, ( what's the old saying, the man who defendeds himself has a fool for a client ) was Tommy's solicitor not that, Ambulance chaser, Mommser,Sarwar

weebaggy
16-01-2011, 11:08

Non denominational QC Paul McBride

pete from oz
16-01-2011, 11:09
perhaps Donald Findlay QC could hear the appeal??

InsanicDrunk
16-01-2011, 11:15

He defended his Mrs, Sheridan defended himself.

Looks like he is the top QC on the block, read somewhere that we have consulted him as well.

This is what the SFA get for not dealing with him before now, 6 games look excessive but wouldn't have been if he had already been sanctioned. They let him off with try to get at Stuart dougal it stems from there.

daviej1873
16-01-2011, 11:19
Paul is just one of the ghirls, clatty bastard

Russell_Nash
16-01-2011, 11:25
are they going to have a QC on hand to defend every yellow card

dear oh dear

potnbear
16-01-2011, 11:25
What the betting the bastards apply for legal aid leaving us to pay for it

willie w
16-01-2011, 12:01
He was mcgreggors council during the recent rape allegation.

blueman14
16-01-2011, 12:08
Hope the fecker gets another 6 match ban for his lies!

Not swearing at the 4th Official...Jeez

xcbgers
16-01-2011, 12:10
Is this from the Celtc View?
The author of the article is not exactly fair and unbiased with that opener.

the journalist is mark i dont hate rangers i just dont like them guidi.

bluevinny
16-01-2011, 12:10
They are a ****ing disgrace surely something can be done to stop them wi awe this pish

stevie_b_RFC
16-01-2011, 12:13
You just know that the appeal will be successful and they'll be as smug as a smug thing over it. Then they'll still demand a full review of all processes within the SFA

Disco DeeJay
16-01-2011, 12:14

And he didn't swear at the 4th official? He f**king squared up to him. The 4th official can still smell the munter's breath today!!

He did turn up.

He left with a face even more twisted than normal.:eek:

DJ Blue
16-01-2011, 12:16
Hope the fecker gets another 6 match ban for his lies!

Not swearing at the 4th Official...Jeez

Chuck him in the same cell as Timmy Sheridan.

sam_cooke
16-01-2011, 12:17
Lennon was happy enough with the Ref yesterday ..... I take it Celtic won ???

Disco DeeJay
16-01-2011, 12:18
opened mouthed at that one. Was he just swearing generally? Swearing at his idiot backroom staff? what a bizarre way to defend yourself.

Expect Dr Michael Kelly to turn up, try to claim that he has a medical qualification and that TLB is a long time Tourette's sufferer.

sh*te - fu**ing bas$$ard pr*ck di&&head :)

Disco DeeJay
16-01-2011, 12:19
Lennon was happy enough with the Ref yesterday ..... I take it Celtic won ???

............ and got a penalty for the 3rd SPL game in a row. :roll:

bluenose1979
16-01-2011, 12:19
If this appeal is successful it'll be a disaster. They'll think they're untouchable and this demented vendetta they're on will only get worse.

They force referees out of jobs, get Dallas out of his and get away with TLBs antics towards officials despite clear video evidence that proves his guilt. The SFA absolutely CANNOT let this ban slide!

Super Mad Gary
16-01-2011, 12:21
What a rodent Lennon is.

iaatpies
16-01-2011, 12:23
Excessive and inappropriate?

Derek Adams banned for 18 games in a single season.
Jim McInally banned for 16 games.

A 6-game ban is therefore not unprecedented and can hardly be seen as being excessive or inappropriate.

johnoblue
16-01-2011, 12:28
You just know that the appeal will be successful and they'll be as smug as a smug thing over it. Then they'll still demand a full review of all processes within the SFA

If this appeal is successful The SFA may as well switch the lights off on the way out of Hampden the game will well and truely be over.
The governing body simply cannot at any stage be seen to buckling under pressure from these (unts, i fully expect this appeal to be thrown out the door along with their lawyer or QC, i would also expect to see a stiffer sentence in the form of a points deduction added to TLB's ban, this is one case that the SFA cannot afford to lose, if they do, the whole place is fu(ked.

mrgeebus
16-01-2011, 12:33
Is that the same Paul McBride who was issuing statements on behalf of them a few weeks ago? Seems he was hired a long time ago!

Forza Viola
16-01-2011, 12:34
Paul McBride?

He's probably doing it free of charge.

Valley Bluenose
16-01-2011, 12:35

He was so incensed at Ledley's stupid tackle that he couldn't stop himself repeatedly describing Ledley as a 'f*cking d*ckhead'' whilst the referee and fourth official were giving him a telling off.

Aye, right you are Lenny!:eek:

Sounds mad but I bet that's what they go with.

Rookiescot
16-01-2011, 12:36
Appeal needs to be thrown out and another two games added to it for coming the (unt.

Red_White_and_Ajax
16-01-2011, 12:36
He was so incensed at Ledley's stupid tackle that he couldn't stop himself repeatedly describing Ledley as a 'f*cking d*ckhead'' whilst the referee and fourth official were giving him a telling off.

Aye, right you are Lenny!:eek:

Sounds mad but I bet that's what they go with.

not a chance

he`s already on record as saying it wasn`t that bad a tackle

Forza Viola
16-01-2011, 12:37
His line of defence is that he wasn't swearing AT the official?

Well then he wouldn;t have a leg to stand on if they decide to haul him up again for calling McDonald a f*ckin' cheat. Not once, not twice but 4 times. You're nothing but a disgusting ned, Lennon.

berkshiretrueblue
16-01-2011, 12:37
Let them carry on. The more they do this the more they will p1ss off the SFA and everyone else in football.

If the SFA lose then their credibility goes with it. I have to hope that they realise this.

Rabenutam
16-01-2011, 12:44
What was it that Oscar Wylde said , " defending the indefencible " . Trust a Irishman to hit the nail on the head .

GranvilleClutterbuck
16-01-2011, 12:50
It's pretty certain UEFA will also be keeping an eye on this one. They need to be seen to let one of their national football associations deal with this themselves. Things go too far though, then I'd expect to see UEFA take a very visible and effective role in silencing that lot.

Bknowe
16-01-2011, 12:53

So when Lennon is sent off and he has a go at the 4th official, walks away, then comes back and has another go at him is this a figment of all our imagination??

BTW how are the mhedia in this country allowed to get away with printing such blatant lies? :mad:

marvsbeliever
16-01-2011, 12:55

Guy commits offence against you...
You press charges...
You appear as prosecution witness...

Umm thats how any prosecution works.

wacaktb
16-01-2011, 12:57
They are a complete joke

RFCTillIDie1980
16-01-2011, 13:02
If their appeal is successful then we may as well hand them the league title as officials will never give a decision against them for fear of what will happen to their house / family or ending up getting all their decisions appealed.

Oh and here is a question for you tarriers when talking about the processes of the SFA.

Kenny Miller sent off against Dundee United and therefore missed a game against Celtic on 3rd Jan.

Rangers handed in appeal at 5.29pm on the last day to try and force the appeal to be heard after the match itself. They were immediately handed the result of the appeal meeting which was heard before we had appealed.

Forrest was sent off on Wednesday and Celtic handed in an appeal (surprise surprise). The appeal meeting will not be held until next week allowing him to play yesterday.

Now you tell me which club got the bum deal out of those two appeals?

gourockblue50
16-01-2011, 13:18
If their appeal is successful then we may as well hand them the league title as officials will never give a decision against them for fear of what will happen to their house / family or ending up getting all their decisions appealed.

Oh and here is a question for you tarriers when talking about the processes of the SFA.

Kenny Miller sent off against Dundee United and therefore missed a game against Celtic on 3rd Jan.

Rangers handed in appeal at 5.29pm on the last day to try and force the appeal to be heard after the match itself. They were immediately handed the result of the appeal meeting which was heard before we had appealed.

Forrest was sent off on Wednesday and Celtic handed in an appeal (surprise surprise). The appeal meeting will not be held until next week allowing him to play yesterday.

And they think the conspiracy is against them??????????

Bramble
On the subject of precedents.
1. Lennon has previous for abusing referees and subsequently sentenced for giving it tight to Kenny Clark (I think) after the final whistle some time ago and was red carded on the way off the pitch. So not a first time offence for Lennon.

2. Is it the club or the individual who is subject to sanction for repeat offences? I seem to recall Hearts being penalized for too many red/yellow cards a couple of seasons ago. So there is a precedent to apply sanctions against the club for the inappropriate conduct of there employees.

3. Did Lennon not commit 2 offences on the night in question? First abusing the ref (1st offence on the night) Secondly abusing the fourth official(2nd offence on the night). The SFA's official guidline on the offences of club officials clearly state that it is an automatic 2 game ban for 1st offences and a four game ban for 2nd offences. So 2+4=6 and so the sentence is correct and clearly defined.

We all know there is a lot of shortcomings in the SFA set up. but they cannot back down to these serial victims with a massive persecution complex chip on their shoulders. Big decisions go against every club in the world every week. I dont recall reading or hearing about other governing bodies having to justify every refereeing decision or deal with a club feeling persecuted because they have lost a game.
The answer for celtc is a lot closer to Parkhead than it is to Hampden. When they are not good enough it is never a consequence of their own actions. They won't accept responsibility for their own performance in otherwords. Except when they win of course, without any red or yellow cards.

Grow a set SFA or you will be the laughing stock of the football world.

InsanicDrunk
There was no appeal meeting for miller, it goes to the ref first if he agrees with his own decision it is KB'ed if h doesn't it goes to the appeal committee, suggests to me the ref has said he made a mistake and it has went to appeal committee.

Bknowe
16-01-2011, 13:23

Timmy & facts = does not compute

Blackwithredtops
16-01-2011, 13:26
Does any of this take into account his actions at Tannadice?

Surely calling the ref a F*cking cheat is pretty serious.

Porto Loyal
16-01-2011, 13:32

There have been changes to the system this year - what we don't know because the SFA haven't published the changed disciplinary rules, but I suspect it is something to do with the timescales.

jimmyhm
16-01-2011, 13:36

I believe that they are also want that process reformed but, boy, are they going about it the wrong way!

Porto Loyal
16-01-2011, 13:37
Celtic will base their appeal on three main points.

Firstly, the SFA disciplinary committee failed to give Lennon a fair hearing last Tuesday when they dished out the ban.

Secondly, they came to the wrong decision based on the facts of the case and, thirdly, the penalty imposed was excessive and inappropriate.

The club also believe the SFA's entire disciplinary procedures are flawed and the charge of excessive misconduct is too vague to be taken seriously.

Celtic believe that process denied Lennon an impartial hearing. And, crucially, the club are adamant there are several damaging inconsistencies in the evidence of the match officials.

I've always been of the opinion that if you don't like the rules, you don't join the club. So perhaps they could just F off.

However, I also know the SFA have been dreading an occasion like this, as there is a thought that their processes are not robust enough to stand up to a challenge.

Mr Humphrey
16-01-2011, 13:39
What the betting the bastards apply for legal aid leaving us to pay for it

Wouldn't be a surprise

http://petercherbi.wordpress.com/2009/05/05/legal-aid-board-brought-into-disrepute-by-legal-services-chiefs-criminal-charges-over-rent-boy-scandal/

devilman
16-01-2011, 13:42
The way it's looking just now Celtic are opening themselves up for a big big fall. However, knowing the way this country works they will find themselves somehow a protected species and will no doubt come out smelling of rosies.

They really are a pathetic bunch who live in their own reality.

They fully deserve to be punished. The management and their players deserve to be punished. They have been getting away with murder for years and nothing is even mentioned. All the smaller clubs just leave them to it, Rangers leave them to it and even massive clubs in Europe leave them to it. Cities they have visited have not said anything about the mess they leave or any fighting yet will mention a Rangers far for not tipping a waiter in a café.

I hope all their moaning has a negative effect and they are eventually punished even more severely than a 6 game ban to a guy that essentially offers nothing from the touchline anyway - all that's going to do is give the 4th official some peace.

noucamp72
16-01-2011, 13:43
Celtic football club........any form of punishment given to this tiresome organisation and it's employees.....regardless how trivial......whether it's right or it's wrong....or even debatable........a pending court case is usually the outcome.

SurreyBear73
16-01-2011, 13:46
It's on film ffs, how can they deny he is screaming and swearing in his face? They really are utter scum i hope the SFA add another 2 games on purely for having the audacity to appeal.

Tim Hunter
16-01-2011, 13:49
There was no appeal meeting for miller, it goes to the ref first if he agrees with his own decision it is KB'ed if h doesn't it goes to the appeal committee, suggests to me the ref has said he made a mistake and it has went to appeal committee.

Not necessarily, the ref may just have preferred the appeals committee to decide whether they agree that he made the correct decision.
If they do not uphold the ref's decision here, the Mhankies will be looking to have the game replayed. Since they will be able to say that they dropped points by being unfairly disadvantaged.

Disco DeeJay
16-01-2011, 13:49

Spot On.

The Ref 'happened to be in the SFA Office' when Millers appeal was received and was in a position to reject it immediately, as he stood by his initial red card decision.

It only goes to an appeal panel, if the ref thinks his initial decision was wrong.

Totally bizarre process in that your appeal goes to the man who made the decision, rather than an independent body. But if he thinks he made the wrong decision, it then goes to an independent body, who are hardly likely to say "No, you were right the 1st time and wrong the 2nd time." Basically, they just rubber stamp the ref admitting his error and change the red to a yellow.

Since the SFA said that Forrest was allowed to play yesterday as they could not convene an Appeal Panel in time, it is obvious that Collum has admitted that he got his decision wrong and referred the matter to the Appeal Panel for it to be reduced to a yellow card.

In fairness, it was a harsh red IMHO...... but then again, so was Kenny Millers v St Johnstone last season and the same ref stood by his original decision back then.

Jan Fabel
16-01-2011, 13:51
'Hired' QC Paul McBride?

I don't think so, McBride is a devout member of the 'Celtc-minded' and will gladly have donated his services for free.

Look forward to a the story being a campaign from similar Celtc-minded Labour politicos, legal people, mhedia types and Peter Kearney all demanding that Lennon be exonerated.

The facts that he is a vile and violent, religiously bigoted, trouble making, misogynist with serious mental health issues will, curiously, be missed by the Scottish media.

Mr Humphrey
16-01-2011, 13:52
The first question that the SFA should addres to Paul McBride should be: If your client had behaved in such a manner on the street could he have expected to be brought before the courts on a breach of the peace or common assault charge?

Disco DeeJay
16-01-2011, 14:01
Does any of this take into account his actions at Tannadice?

Surely calling the ref a F*cking cheat is pretty serious.

He was never reported by the match officials at Tannadice.:confused:

I can only assume that because of the Dougiegate Penalty Incident it was either forgotten about, overlooked or removed from the report.

He was reported to the SFA, by Tayside Police re his goal celebrations being OTT and likely to cause disorder.

Normally the SFA would write to TLB/Shame FC asking for their comments.

TLB is seen here receiving the letter, prior to eating it.......

http://i55.tinypic.com/2w5lo9d.jpg

bluebell
16-01-2011, 14:07
[QUOTE=Bknowe;13029900]So when Lennon is sent off and he has a go at the 4th official, walks away, then comes back and has another go at him is this a figment of all our imagination??

It was also in full view of a police officer, who would probably have arrested and charged a member of the public with BOP.

DEXAVIA
16-01-2011, 14:09
They are on a Jihad, don't expect things to calm down anytime soon.

greggyboy
16-01-2011, 14:12
What difference is having this ar*ehole involved going to make? Its not a legal case???

These stupid cun*s have got a "we'll show you" attitude. Tell QC JP McBride to go take a fu** to himself and increase the ban.

whitecarlos
16-01-2011, 14:21
McBride is also involved in the Colin McCrae court hearing.I imagine that must be time consuming and his other cases wont be getting his full attention.

Stuart_WATP
16-01-2011, 14:25
Honestly, they are a complete laughing stock that mob.

BringItHome
16-01-2011, 14:28
McBride is also involved in the Colin McCrae court hearing.I imagine that must be time consuming and his other cases wont be getting his full attention.

Lawyers always tend to do that. Big cases pay more, why would he want to spend as much time and effort on joe bloggs case. No one cares if joe bloggs rots in jail for a few years, they will care though if Lennon gets his 6 match ban :blink:

talktalk
16-01-2011, 14:32
are they going to have a QC on hand to defend every yellow card

dear oh dear

and heres me thinking the Queer Councilor only defended the good guy's, he is letting his other clients down defending that lot.:p

scottylad72
16-01-2011, 14:38
They are building up a case so they can leave the SPL and Scottish football because they are down-trodden and oppressed.

They will soon be off to the court of human rights, mark my words.

rez_1873
16-01-2011, 14:49
Did Walter not get a 4 game ban for squaring up to Mixu a couple of seasons back?

Don't remember the 320 appeals and court cases over that.

george_costanza
16-01-2011, 14:56
They really are beneath contempt and a joke and a disgrace of a club.

I know FIFA take a very dim view of clubs challenging National Football Association decisions by legal means outwith football so hopefully this comes back to bit them on the bum.

I would also suggest a boycott by Bears of this McBride QC's legal services but seeing as we are all law abiding good guys and not criminals like the majority of the unwashed support a boycott would make no difference!

ttbluenose
16-01-2011, 14:57
He defended his Mrs, Sheridan defended himself.

Looks like he is the top QC on the block, read somewhere that we have consulted him as well.

This is what the SFA get for not dealing with him before now, 6 games look excessive but wouldn't have been if he had already been sanctioned. They let him off with try to get at Stuart dougal it stems from there.

WHY????

It looks lenient to me and I'm serious. DOnt forget the abuse he fired at the 4th official at Tannadice as well.

TLB is a sorry excuse for a human being and deserves to be absolutley hammered by the SFA and his stinking fetid club censured for bringing the game into disrepute.

I dont see how any rational or sensible human being can come to any other conclusion

hyramotyre
16-01-2011, 14:58
I might be wrong here but I'm almost certain that McBride can only be hired to give advice to the mhanks.

He'll have been taken on to go through the rules of the system to see if there are any flaws in the wording which might give grounds to appeal.

He [as far as I understand] will not be able to have any input into any hearing against Lemmon.

The only time he can become personally involved is if the mutants take action in Civil Law against the SFA.

If I'm correct then I would LOVE to see that happen because they then expose their @rses to UEFA and FIFA regulations.

williewoodburn
16-01-2011, 15:00

There are top QC's and there are TOP QC's.

Paul McBride is nowhere near being a TOP QC

He will achieve phuck all on behalf of his prestigious client !

londongirl
16-01-2011, 15:00

I have seen in the press about one of his other cases..Be interesting reading when that scumbag criminal goes to jail.

vacuum1690
16-01-2011, 15:03
Mcbride and his civil partner top bhoys

revsween
16-01-2011, 15:07
Excessive and inappropriate?

Derek Adams banned for 18 games in a single season.
Jim McInally banned for 16 games.

A 6-game ban is therefore not unprecedented and can hardly be seen as being excessive or inappropriate.

Duncan Ferguson jailed and told to serve his suspension on his release

DEXAVIA
16-01-2011, 15:08
Someone of McBrides calibre with be able to pick holes in any procedure you put in front of him. I fear the SFA may suffer under his scrutiny, as would most organisations if they were looked at in detail. What they will not prove however is institutional bias against Celtc as was alleged on Radio Scotland during the week by Sir Michael Kelly. He said what they all privately believe.

BringItHome
16-01-2011, 15:11
and heres me thinking the Queer Councilor only defended the good guy's, he is letting his other clients down defending that lot.:p

Good guys? :blink:

Previous clients include the wife killer Nat Fraser, and Ian Cowper, the former holiday company boss who embezzled £2.4 million. He also defended Carol McMillan, the killer jailed for an attack in a car park on grandmother Ann Whittle, and Mark Bonini who murdered two-year-old Andrew Morton in Glasgow.

Aye they all sound like upstanding members of the community! The guy represents scum so it is fitting that he is representing them. Whoever this guy represents should be looked away as it screams bloody guility!

Mr Humphrey
16-01-2011, 15:15
He represented Alan McGregor recently.

BringItHome
16-01-2011, 15:21
He represented Alan McGregor recently.

Well they all need to do a bit of legal aid :)

superrangers
16-01-2011, 15:23
Its time for the SFA to hammer these bastards, right into the ****ing ground. I've said it before, I'll say it again, you give them an inch they take a mile. You need to apply your foot to their throat on a permanent basis, rea applying pressure at the slightest peep.

Another reformation will be on the way, perhaps not in my lifetime but these ****s are a cancer in any society.

Completely agree and when it comes the reformation will not be a day too soon.

defender
16-01-2011, 15:25

The video alone should see him banged to rights

should :(

talktalk
16-01-2011, 15:30
Good guys? :blink:

Previous clients include the wife killer Nat Fraser, and Ian Cowper, the former holiday company boss who embezzled £2.4 million. He also defended Carol McMillan, the killer jailed for an attack in a car park on grandmother Ann Whittle, and Mark Bonini who murdered two-year-old Andrew Morton in Glasgow.

Aye they all sound like upstanding members of the community! The guy represents scum so it is fitting that he is representing them. Whoever this guy represents should be looked away as it screams bloody guility!

think you took my post too serious mate, thats why i put :p at the end

Ricky Bobby
16-01-2011, 15:31

It's like being back at school.

The QC should be embarassed with getting himself involved in this pathetic shite.

What does Regan have to say on it all?

Tenchleysblue
16-01-2011, 15:33
As long as the SFA followed water tight proceedure then the ban should stay in place.
I think the scum fancy their chances with this one- hence the QC. Did the fourth official swear back at Lennon- plenty of witnesses could be called on. Has Peat acted like a Buffoon and cocked up how the appeal was heard. TLB was guilty as sin but they may know something we do not.

Kensington Blue Nose
16-01-2011, 15:43
can some one post the GIF of him squaring up and quite clearly swearing at the official???

BordersBear
16-01-2011, 15:55

The official Sellick FC legal wing. Rosemary Nelson would have got the gig in days gone by.

david1982
16-01-2011, 16:21
There have been changes to the system this year - what we don't know because the SFA haven't published the changed disciplinary rules, but I suspect it is something to do with the timescales.

so kenny millers appeal was heard and dismissed within 2 minutes, yet james forrests red card was appealed allowing him to play yesterday and wont be heard for over another week and thats the system changed?

47blue
16-01-2011, 16:36

He was on TV a couple of weeks ago bumping his gums. Nothing less than another tarrier determined to chip away at the protestant foundations of Scotland.
What happened to our campaign of oppression when so many RC's have succeeded in getting to such positions of prominence & power??? Its those very foundations that have allowed them to flourish in this country. You can bet your bottom dollar the same freedoms would not have been extended to us if they had their way

Rotten_Mob
16-01-2011, 17:09
The QC should be embarassed with getting himself involved in this pathetic shite.

An embarrassed lawyer? Good yin. :D They'll represent the repulsive for a payday without batting an eyelid .

The SFA need to put an end to these frivolous appeals and double his sentence.

Embra Bear
16-01-2011, 17:25
I might be wrong here but I'm almost certain that McBride can only be hired to give advice to the mhanks.

He'll have been taken on to go through the rules of the system to see if there are any flaws in the wording which might give grounds to appeal.

He [as far as I understand] will not be able to have any input into any hearing against Lemmon.

The only time he can become personally involved is if the mutants take action in Civil Law against the SFA.

If I'm correct then I would LOVE to see that happen because they then expose their @rses to UEFA and FIFA regulations.

I think if a club takes their National Association to court then UEFA and FIFa make sure they will never play in European competition again. The Mhanks have a lot to lose if they go down the civil court route but they are arrogant enough to use that route.

Top_Cat
16-01-2011, 17:33
Anyone else like to see Dignity FC shut down?!
I'm f.ucking sick to death of hearing/reading about their gripes with all and sundry, I wish they would all just get to f.uck and let the rest of the SPL get on with it.
C.unts

Mr Humphrey
16-01-2011, 17:57
It would be far better for Scottish football if they f'd off and plied their trade somewhere else. Is it any coinsidence that it is the two foreign owned teams that cause the most trouble (especially the Irish owned one).

gostinbear
16-01-2011, 18:08
They really are beneath contempt and a joke and a disgrace of a club.

I know FIFA take a very dim view of clubs challenging National Football Association decisions by legal means outwith football so hopefully this comes back to bit them on the bum.

I would also suggest a boycott by Bears of this McBride QC's legal services but seeing as we are all law abiding good guys and not criminals like the majority of the unwashed support a boycott would make no difference!

I doubt any true bear would have used him even before this George

Jan Fabel
16-01-2011, 18:10
Strange bedfellows these 'Celtc-minded' types, You have, Dr. (now Lord) Reid, reformed alcoholic and possibly sex -pest, who held many senior government posts, including Secretary of State for Northern Ireland and as such is as 'establishment' as you can get but, to quote the man himself:

"... I'm just a wee Fenian bastard.."

and then you have the easily offended and failed SNP candidate (twice), Peter Kearney, mouthpiece for the Archdiocese of Glasgow. Kearney is a widower father of five (following the tragic death of his young wife; a victim of cancer) thus, one would assume a rampant hetrosexualist carrying out the teachings of the RC church by going forth and multiplying. An RC church that despite its gigantic lacuna when it comes to paedophile priests within its ranks, would still burn active homosexuals at the stake, were it allowed...

then there is, John-Paul McBride, Queen's Council and 'queen' who like his good pal Stephen 'Pink' Purcell is prepared to bend over backwards to defend his other great love, Celtc.

All these disparate types only seem to have one thing in common, the ruthless promotion of a RC agenda, using Beast FC as a catalyst for their devious plans. The whole situation reminds me of Benjamin franklin's witticism:

“We must hang together – Else, we shall most assuredly hang separately.”
Ben Franklin.

THE PROFESSOR
16-01-2011, 18:31
Have I misunderstood something or am I missing something that has not been alluded to here?

As I understand it, the 3 man appeals committee has on it a Mr Eric Riley, director of Sellick. One wonders how he's going to vote.

Mr McBride is a very sharp QC and the question is, will he put the frighteners on the other 2 blazers? Probably, after bamboozleing them with legalese.

Also my understanding for the reason for increasing a ban after a failed appeal, was a practical one -- i.e. designed to stop spurious / time wasting appeals. They would be inundated with chancers making ridiculous appeals if there was no mechanism penalty to deter them.

Could be interesting to see who blinks first.

Porto Loyal
16-01-2011, 18:51
Spot On.

The Ref 'happened to be in the SFA Office' when Millers appeal was received and was in a position to reject it immediately, as he stood by his initial red card decision.

It only goes to an appeal panel, if the ref thinks his initial decision was wrong.

Totally bizarre process in that your appeal goes to the man who made the decision, rather than an independent body. But if he thinks he made the wrong decision, it then goes to an independent body, who are hardly likely to say "No, you were right the 1st time and wrong the 2nd time." Basically, they just rubber stamp the ref admitting his error and change the red to a yellow.

Since the SFA said that Forrest was allowed to play yesterday as they could not convene an Appeal Panel in time, it is obvious that Collum has admitted that he got his decision wrong and referred the matter to the Appeal Panel for it to be reduced to a yellow card.

In fairness, it was a harsh red IMHO...... but then again, so was Kenny Millers v St Johnstone last season and the same ref stood by his original decision back then.

The rules have changed from last season!

I'm sure it goes straight to the appeal panel this year rather than the ref giving his opinion first.

See:

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scotland/180030-sfa-president-submits-plans-for-red-card-appeals-overhaul/

The tims were clever in delaying the appeal til a time when it was too late for an appeal panel.

Stonewall Jackson
16-01-2011, 18:52
It would surely a clash of interests to allow Riley to sit on a committee about to hear an appeal from the club which employs him as an executive director.

Also i find it strange that an intellegent and very able QC like mcBride is getting involved in this affair as if the SFA get their act together the appeal must fail and possibly leave McBride looking silly.

Jack Napier
16-01-2011, 18:56
It would surely a clash of interests to allow Riley to sit on a committee about to hear an appeal from the club which employs him as an executive director.

Also i find it strange that an intellegent and very able QC like mcBride is getting involved in this affair as if the SFA get their act together the appeal must fail and possibly leave McBride looking silly.

I imagine he's putting his love of celtc ahead of anything else. Scum will defend scum after all.

BAUXBLUE
16-01-2011, 18:57
I can only hope that Mr McBride has the same influence and sucess as he did the last time I encountered him as a juror.:)

Porto Loyal
16-01-2011, 18:59

It's interesting that someone who is ostensibly a criminal defence QC is getting involved. Although he has a long term interest in football - I remember him as a promising referee years ago.

Riley won't be on the appeal - IIRC it's one person from the SFA, one person from somewhere else and an independant chairman - but he'll no doubt be whispering in the background.

noucamp72
16-01-2011, 19:00
Anyone else like to see Dignity FC shut down?!
I'm f.ucking sick to death of hearing/reading about their gripes with all and sundry, I wish they would all just get to f.uck and let the rest of the SPL get on with it.
C.unts

Never a day goes by without them whining about something.

Football has now taken second place to their demands.....any form of discipline only serves to reinforce their persecution complex.

What are they for ?
Why the feck are they here?
Why dont't they just feck off home ?

willemtway
16-01-2011, 19:19
Do FIfa/UEFA not take a dim view on legal and government interference in footballing matters?

Disco DeeJay
16-01-2011, 19:28
Do FIfa/UEFA not take a dim view on legal and government interference in footballing matters?

They take a dim view on Government interference (bet that pissed Reid off when his old mates were in power) and they don't allow teams to take legal action against their association.

However, the Tims as always are very clever in what they do. McBride QC will be offering them legal advice and representation at a disciplinary hearing. This is not the same as taking the SFA to court, so is allowed under UEFA rules.

stayfor90mins
16-01-2011, 19:29
Can they really take the governing body ie the SFA to court over this, are they allowed to? , UEFA or FIFA rules must be able to stop this...

Edit.. Juss read above post..

Mr Humphrey
16-01-2011, 19:34
The big problem that Celtic have got is that the SFA disiplinary proceedures dont quote tariffs for specific instances of excessive misconduct. However, they do highlight prolonged incidents of misconduct, continued use of offensive, abusive and insulting language, failure to comply with a referee's request, calling a match official a cheat and the adoption of threatenng and agressive behaviour towards a match official. I think TLB's got a full house there. This appeal is at best frivolous and at worst trouble making and I hope that when the appeal fails that his ban is increased.

New York Bear
16-01-2011, 19:38
It's quite clear from the video that TLB is swearing at the 4th official...

The incident is in here: http://vimeo.com/16712412

kmongers
16-01-2011, 19:45
This grand standing of the highest order. But I can see Yahoo! fc battering the SFA into verbal submission here and them caving in. I fully expect Lennon to get the least number of games ban that is possible.

colinstein
16-01-2011, 19:57
he's the guy who's been on radio programmes representing them.......nothing new in that at all

Konterman
16-01-2011, 20:26
I have friends (bluenoses) who know him, say he is a nice guy. He is a ' Queen ' , Each to there own . Not sure a bout Defending Sheridan, Timmy Sheridan defended himself, ( what's the old saying, the man who defendeds himself has a fool for a client ) was Tommy's solicitor not that, Ambulance chaser, Mommser,Sarwar
McBride is a tory supporter as well, that mob will love that.

rewj
16-01-2011, 20:36
Maybe he needs glasses as he thought he was swearing at someone else!!!!!

Fazerboy
16-01-2011, 20:56

He's gonna need Johnny Cochrane to wriggle out of this, unless of course the SFA shite it.

lone_ranger
16-01-2011, 21:04
The SFA should throw this back at Lennon.Clear intent here

Celtic Supporters Question & Answer Session in Dundee on 25th July 2010With Peter Lawwell & Neil Lennon

Quote provided by Celtic Talk, The Home of Celtic FC Discussion

This quote from Neil Lennon was given more than two weeks before the football season has even started.

Question: Now that Rangers are in a bit more trouble than last season and given that the amount of "honest mistakes" that happened last season from the referees, will we do anything to combat the inevitable "honest mistakes" that will go against us this season?

Neil Lennon: Do you not remember me getting in Stewart Dougals face? I want to create a siege mentality, us against them, we are anti-establishment

Enigma
16-01-2011, 21:44
Is this a first for any club to get a legal rep involved ?

Does this also mean Celtc are now dictating how the SFA should be run because it doesn't suit their siege mentality ?

All referees should tell the SFA that they are refusing to ref their games on the basis that every decision they make more or less is being questioned if it goes against them,thus bringing their integrity into question.

SFA... George Peat... Grow a set and punish these clowns NOW

Porto Loyal
16-01-2011, 23:13
Is this a first for any club to get a legal rep involved ?

Nope, in fact it is standard practice for any Celtic appeal, even those involving youth coaches for similar similar circumstances to that which Lennon was charged for) It's a pity the press didn't get hold of that little story.

truckerman
17-01-2011, 00:27
Mr John-Paul McBride ( he Dropped the John in John-Paul to Catholic ) he is a well known " Queen " Queen's Council, he loves the ' Bhoys ' a season ticket holder at the Midden. He will put his ' heart and soul ' in to it . I am surprised he never became a priest .....He is an Athiest

Mr Humphrey
24-01-2011, 20:25
Re the fact that TLB's appeal is being presided over by a Scottish Law Lord, is this standard practice or are the downtrodden getting preferential treatment again?

Mr Humphrey
14-02-2011, 19:42
Darryl King saying that the SFA hafe offered the 1st, 2nd and 3rd of March, and Spew is of the view that Paul McBride would find these dates unacceptable.

Surelt the SFA should say pick on of the 3 dates provided or we will try you in absentia

InsanicDrunk
14-02-2011, 19:45
Darryl King saying that the SFA hafe offered the 1st, 2nd and 3rd of March, and Spew is of the view that Paul McBride would find these dates unacceptable.

Surelt the SFA should say pick on of the 3 dates provided or we will try you in absentia

Ffs, who is in charge? Anyone else get 3 days to choose from?

DJ Blue
14-02-2011, 19:46

Why not let LTB pick the games he can miss.

Surely the SFA pick the date, if LTB can't make it tought shit and double it to 12 games for wasting the SFA's time.

mattias
14-02-2011, 19:49
What clout does a lawyer have in football administration?????

Dexter25
14-02-2011, 19:50

Why does Lennon get the choice of dates for a hearing yet McGregor's hearing went ahead despite the SFA sending him away on international duty. :mad:

jackdaniels78
14-02-2011, 19:53
Why not let LTB pick the games he can miss.

Surely the SFA pick the date, if LTB can't make it tought shit and double it to 12 games for wasting the SFA's time.

Thats basically what will happen. He'll end up not missing any OF games despite all the matches we have with them

superger
14-02-2011, 19:59

Give the c*nts two dates and if they don't turn up dock them points.

Mr Humphrey
14-02-2011, 20:00
If what King said is true then the SFA should insist on the hearing going ahead on one of the 3 dates offered. If the SFA bow to that lot again the game's a bogey.

They have a QC representing them, so what, so did Peter Tobin. It doesn't make a defendant any less guilty or innocent. The tramps cannot be allowed to extend this charade any further. The SFA are appearing weaker by the day and if they don't boot TLB hard, they may as well just put Ride & Liewell in charge of the whole show.

stuart1972
14-02-2011, 20:04

Surely the SFA have the final say, they should be picking the date and if they don't turn up increase lenny gagas ban or dock points...

Mr Humphrey
14-02-2011, 20:07
Surely the SFA have the final say, they should be picking the date and if they don't turn up increase lenny gagas ban or dock points...

I hope your right, and I hope that they do.

They shouild have went out of their way to try and ensure that the tribunal sat at a time when it would be likely that their Queer's Counsel was in court.

plg2006
14-02-2011, 20:14
Feckin hell. The season might have to be extended to allow Mr McBride to be available.:mad:

servicepoint
14-02-2011, 20:21
Celtic will need to find another QC, I'm sure thats the way it works in court. The whole system would pile up if each court waited for a QC to become available. You get your date, if your legal rep is engaged you have to instruct another at your own cost.

hyramotyre
14-02-2011, 20:30
Feckin hell. The season might have to be extended to allow Mr McBride to be available.:mad:

Or maybe the bigot will serve his suspension during the close season ?

Disco DeeJay
14-02-2011, 21:52
Or maybe the bigot will serve his suspension during the close season ?

That's what I was thinking.

If we progress in Europe, they will likely have a close season tour of Japan, in which he could serve his 6 game ban. :roll:

Mr Humphrey
14-02-2011, 22:15
On the radio tonight spewy 4 preists insinuated that TLB's qc would dismiss the SFA's attempts to hod the meeting on the 1st, 2nd or 3rd March. If this is the case the SFA must say that if he doesn't accept any of the 3 dates offered, then they'll assess the facts in TLB's absence and go public with their findings/evidence.

Also I thought that het SFA appeals proceedure had provision for the accused to take a club official along for advice. Is McBride an official of Celtic football club plc?

Top_Cat
14-02-2011, 22:18
I think it's a f.ucking scandal that TLB and Dignity FC are getting away with this.

It will be the close season when the fat fenian w.ank will serve his ban....

These c.unts have it well sown up, make no mistake.

Mongo-Foot
14-02-2011, 22:20
What's McBride's success rates anyway? Not only do they cretinous mutants not have a leg to stand on I'm pretty sure he's a gash lawyer anyway

WestendGer
14-02-2011, 22:23
What a ****ing wee ginger prick he is.
Take your ****ing punishment ya ****ing whimpering wee scrote.

worcester bear
14-02-2011, 22:26
internment....its the only way!

buzzydog
14-02-2011, 23:14
When you have the media (press and t.v.) in your back pocket.
When you engineer it that your own are promoted into the highest
offices in the land (despite their dubious backgrounds). This is the
outcome. They made sure Donald Findlay was brought down. The
SFA practically brought to its knees.
They have diluted and erdicated the majority views in Scotland.
Its time for the fight back before this ugly mob rule. No surrender!!!!!

templbluenose
14-02-2011, 23:21
Derek Adams had his 4 match ban overturned recently, i suspect this will happen to tlb also.

Diggerz
14-02-2011, 23:38
Reid and Lawell, the Adolf Hitler and Rudolf Hess of Scottish football :mad:

Mr Humphrey
16-02-2011, 10:39
According to the Rebel's website today, the SFA offered to re-hear the initial appeal, and that Celtic have declined this and are arguing the legitimacy of the ban because George Peat left the original hearing for an hour to do the Scottish Cup draw.

If the tims are happy to take their chances with Lord Carloway, are they confident that the case will be thrown out on a technicality. The other thing they said was that the SFA have hired a £4k a day QC. The hearing looks set to go ahead @ 3/3/11.

If he gets off with this Scottish football will never have looked more ridiculous, and that is saying something.

der gaz
16-02-2011, 11:06
When is this farcical vendetta and intimidation campaign against the SFA gonna stop? Surely the time for the SFA to hammer home to them, and everyone else, that they will not be bullied or pressured into buckling is at his hearing. He is blatantly indefensible, its on video ffs, yet they keep this going to serve in there crusade (undertaken to appease the idiot taig support) against all the apparent ills the have to endure in our league. If the SFA let him away with this the game in Scotland is well and truly Fu**ed, and the tims will be writing the rulebook

Mr Humphrey
16-02-2011, 11:26
When is this farcical vendetta and intimidation campaign against the SFA gonna stop? Surely the time for the SFA to hammer home to them, and everyone else, that they will not be bullied or pressured into buckling is at his hearing. He is blatantly indefensible, its on video ffs, yet they keep this going to serve in there crusade (undertaken to appease the idiot taig support) against all the apparent ills the have to endure in our league. If the SFA let him away with this the game in Scotland is well and truly Fu**ed, and the tims will be writing the rulebook

Bear in mind that it was the SFA who appointed Lord Carloway, who was heavily involved in the outlawing of TFS. So maybe the tims' QC has good reason to be confident.

Cyberniv
16-02-2011, 11:34
According to the Rebel's website today, the SFA offered to re-hear the initial appeal, and that Celtic have declined this and are arguing the legitimacy of the ban because George Peat left the original hearing for an hour to do the Scottish Cup draw.

If the tims are happy to take their chances with Lord Carloway, are they confident that the case will be thrown out on a technicality. The other thing they said was that the SFA have hired a £4k a day QC. The hearing looks set to go ahead @ 3/3/11.

If he gets off with this Scottish football will never have looked more ridiculous, and that is saying something.

If that's the case then the SFA have made a rod for their own back. Can't believe that the SFA (Peat) has been so fecking stupid as to give the vermin an obvious way out. This stinks to high heaven.
Could somebody else not have done the draw ffs.

KD3010
16-02-2011, 11:45
So trial date set for the day after our replay?

Fingers crossed he's in a really bad mood then!!!

cambridgeblue
16-02-2011, 11:48
Are the Scum seriously arguing he should face no sanction for his dispicable behaviour.

Sums the club up really - the benefit sucking junkie- "wisnae me"- "dog ate my homework" - "cos we is Kafflicks" blame everyone else detrius of our society.

Laudrup70
16-02-2011, 11:55
I sincerely hope this is not adding to their growing debt mountain >:)

Mr Humphrey
16-02-2011, 12:00
When you think about the amount of cases that the fiscal have had to dismiss on a technicality (solicitor not present during police interview), McBride may not even address the incidents that TLB is alleged to have been involved in. He may argue that the original panel arrived at a decision that was proceeduraly unsound.

A septic source said that by offering a rehearing the SFA seem to accept that the initial appeal was unfair. To describe it as aknagaroo court would be unfair to the kangaroos of Australia.