PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Lafferty - A chance to shine?

mark_max83
08-01-2011, 00:05
If Kenny Miller is to leave could this be the making of big Kyle?

Could he be given the lead striker role? Maybe he'll finally come of age and start to deliver the potential we shelled out for?

supergers07
08-01-2011, 00:07
I like the big man
he's a tryer, but I couldnt trust him up front week in and out for us

clubdeckg
Again?

rosstheger
He's had far too many chances IMO.

jabwatp
08-01-2011, 00:08
Chance number 50!!!!!

IanDurrant10
08-01-2011, 00:09
He has had about 1 million - even I am losing patience with him

Whitey_22
08-01-2011, 00:09
He's not good enough to score goals regularly in the SPL.

Phantom Jack
08-01-2011, 00:10
He can shine my sack.

godrup99
08-01-2011, 00:11

Could he be given the lead striker role? Maybe he'll finally come of age and start to deliver the potential we shelled out for?

Too many false starts, he just does not have it and was a criminal waste of cash we did not have to squander.

dougiethebear
08-01-2011, 00:12
how many chances is lafferty going to get, just needs to keep his head down and get on with his football, and also forget about all this twitter shite imo.

berkshiretrueblue
08-01-2011, 00:13
At 3.7m lafferty should be scoring with ease but unfortunately we sent about 3.2m more than he was worth.

I would imagine we all want to see him perform as a 4m player but realistcially it just isn't going to happen.

DamsideBear
08-01-2011, 00:14

........quite simply no; next!

Blue 9
Big Kyle a chance to shine ?. Eh Naw

mark_max83
He can shine my sack.

this made me laugh! :)

canalbear
08-01-2011, 00:16
Sand dancer to super star........ heres hoping!

Kiery
08-01-2011, 00:17
I think he would do ok if he played regularly through the middle.

I wouldn't put my house on him scoring all the time but I think he would do ok.

He is certainly not worth the money we paid for him.

pete from oz
08-01-2011, 00:18
I'd love to think so but just can't see him scoring regularly.........maybe alongside Jela....if we could play them both in the same team??

Union Jack 1873
08-01-2011, 00:24
If Miller dose leave he should be given a chance till the end of the season and if he dosent cut it time to cut our losses get as much for him as possible !

jackdaniels78
08-01-2011, 00:24
He's been in this sort of position a few times but has never quite managed the consistency required. Probably a better bet than Beattie at the moment

Top_Cat
08-01-2011, 00:26
He can shine my sack.

Made me laugh :D

To the OP, how many chances does the lad need/get?

mark_max83
08-01-2011, 00:36
Made me laugh :D

To the OP, how many chances does the lad need/get?

I think you've misunderstood my OP slightly. I haven't suggested anywhere we should give him another chance or anything like that. There's probably very few people on here who have sat at games week in week out and given the big man more stick than i have. I know how poor he has been. However what i'm getting at is if Miller does go could Lafferty now step up and be the main man up front that he keeps saying in the press he wants to be. Lafferty has done many stupid things in his short time here but this may be the first time he's not playing second fiddle to Miller and/or Boyd (although he may to Jela if/when he's fit). Could this now be the time where Kyle Lafferty grows up as a person and as a footballer and starts to deliver on the pitch consistantly?

jdm1873
08-01-2011, 00:37
No. If we can get anything back for him in the summer I would move him on.

gerscrazy09
08-01-2011, 00:38
in the back row of kesh young loyalists

7ft tall and he plays the flute kyle lafferty

am all for him shining neil lennons face though :ninja:

Loves To Spooge
08-01-2011, 00:39
i heard all this bollocks when boyd got injured last season

RM 16
08-01-2011, 00:41
lets not forget mr beattie and jelavic to do things big kyle can do a job also but needs to buck his ideas up

Younggun_stu23
08-01-2011, 00:43
He looked good before his injury this year, and he made a difference when he came on on Sunday.

Have to laugh at comments claiming he's had a million chances. Upfront? Really?

He's only 22/23, and has already proven he has the guts to play for us by scoring on title winning days, twice. He ended last season very well and started this season well before injury interrupted it.

Then again, how many folk in this thread writing off Lafferty were doing the same with Naismith last year (now our best player)?

Plenty I'd imagine.

clubdeckg
08-01-2011, 00:45
He looked good before his injury this year, and he made a difference when he came on on Sunday.

He's only 22/23, and has already proven he has the guts to play for us by scoring on title winning days, twice. He ended last season very well and started this season well before injury interrupted it.

Then again, how many folk in this thread writing off Lafferty were doing the same with Naismith last year (now our best player)?

Plenty I'd imagine.

Has Lafferty ever really been a striker?

Younggun_stu23
08-01-2011, 00:47
Has Lafferty ever really been a striker?

He's not a left midfielder anyway, where he's played more often than he has upfront.

clubdeckg
08-01-2011, 00:49
He's not a left midfielder anyway, where he's played more often than he has upfront.

He wasn't a prolific scorer at Burnley, i can't see him doing it at Rangers

NIfifer
08-01-2011, 00:50
He's not good enough to score goals regularly in the SPL.

A tartan tim was on here last week saying they would not slag the big lad in the new year as a new years resolution.

As I said last week, a change of date on a calender would not change them.

It took two years for the Celtic reject to start scoring.
Selected up front every week for two years, going months at a time not scoring and not a word said about it.

Glad to see the back of that imposter. Should never have been alowed back.

clubdeckg
08-01-2011, 00:52
A tartan tim was on here last week saying they would not slag the big lad in the new year as a new years resolution.

As I said last week, a change of date on a calender would not change them.

Selected up front every week for two years, going months at a time not scoring and not a word said about it.

Eh?

youngsy
08-01-2011, 00:53
He is not and never has been Rangers class and if we can shift him out then we should,first chance.
He has never been Rangers class and never will be. First chance we get we should punt him.

I like the big man
he's a tryer, but I couldnt trust him up front week in and out for us

So what you are saying is that you don't rate him as a front man,his preferred position?

weeger
08-01-2011, 00:55
Wouldn't trust him to get me something out the cutlery drawer without harming himself.

mark_max83
08-01-2011, 00:56

Plenty I'd imagine.

as i've said in a previous post i've given him plenty of stick over the last few years and i'd say rightly so on many of the occasions but i do think he is too young to write off as a dud.

naismith is a perfect example, although different circumstances, of how a player can turn his career around in a short space of time. Naismith had been written off as a dud and too injury prone by many but look at the wee man now. Player of the year so far for me. The difference with Lafferty i'd say is that Naismith's effort and temperament were never in question as they are with Kyle.

Kilsyth 1645
08-01-2011, 00:58
It's all down to how Walter sees things.When fit,it should be big Jelavic and A.
.N.Other.

Does he promote Naisy to play along side with big Laff on the left or vice versa?.

What part does Beattie have to play?.

Is Goodwillie the perfect replacement?

Only time will tell.

mark_max83
08-01-2011, 00:58

i take it this is directed at Miller and not Lafferty?

weeger
08-01-2011, 01:07
It's all down to how Walter sees things.When fit,it should be big Jelavic and A.
.N.Other.

Does he promote Naisy to play along side with big Laff on the left or vice versa?.

What part does Beattie have to play?.

Is Goodwillie the perfect replacement?

Only time will tell.

Forget Beattie. Dreadful.

mrgeebus
08-01-2011, 02:20
I'd really like it to work out for the big chap, and hope he does finally grasp any opportunity given. He's been better in the games he's played this season, so maybe with a bit of hard work he'll finally come good.

turrabear
08-01-2011, 02:23
how many more chances does lafferty need . he's had more than enough allready

lothianbluebear
08-01-2011, 02:24
the guy is hopeless
end off

M A R T I N
08-01-2011, 02:48
He's nowhere near what we need.

theresaweespotineurope
08-01-2011, 02:56
By the end of this season alot of peoples minds will have changed regarding Lafferty, mark my words he will come good.

M A R T I N
08-01-2011, 02:59
By the end of this season alot of peoples minds will have changed regarding Lafferty, mark my words he will come good.

Around the end of the season? has he not had long enough to prove himself? A few people said the same about sebo too.

mark_max83
08-01-2011, 03:04

i hope you're right. i think there has been some positive signs this season and let's be honest nobody here wants to see the guy fail. he's probably frustrated me more than any other player over the last few years but at least age is on his side. i'd love to see him go on a good run and turn it around.

plus the tims fu(king hate him so it would really piss them off if he did!!

Norn_Iron_Bluenose
08-01-2011, 03:09
I laugh at everyone here who is saying Big Kyle is never the answer, but how the hell do we know?

Lafferty has never been giving the chance as a front man week in and week out, I for one would love to see him lead the line over the next few weeks.

How would David Goodwillie look pushed out on the left?

Kyle Lafferty might be the answer alongside someone else if given the chance, after all who would have thought Kenny Miller would have scored as many when he was told to lead the line?

mark_max83
08-01-2011, 03:11
I laugh at everyone here who is saying Big Kyle is never the answer, but how the hell do we know?

Lafferty has never been giving the chance as a front man week in and week out, I for one would love to see him lead the line over the next few weeks.

How would David Goodwillie look pushed out on the left?

Kyle Lafferty might be the answer alongside someone else if given the chance, after all who would have thought Kenny Miller would have scored as many when he was told to lead the line?

that was my thought to be honest mate. could him and Jelavic link up together? seen so little of Jelavic before his injury it's hard to say but i'd like to think so.

rotherhithe
08-01-2011, 03:21
I think you've misunderstood my OP slightly. I haven't suggested anywhere we should give him another chance or anything like that. There's probably very few people on here who have sat at games week in week out and given the big man more stick than i have. I know how poor he has been. However what i'm getting at is if Miller does go could Lafferty now step up and be the main man up front that he keeps saying in the press he wants to be. Lafferty has done many stupid things in his short time here but this may be the first time he's not playing second fiddle to Miller and/or Boyd (although he may to Jela if/when he's fit). Could this now be the time where Kyle Lafferty grows up as a person and as a footballer and starts to deliver on the pitch consistantly?

its a fair point point mate and if he did then I think we would all be shocked, even his few supporters, shocked but happy. Sadly however, he looks like one of Walters dud signings.

Stivenstoune
08-01-2011, 03:23
Yes I would love the big man to shine, and shin like no other coz it would drive the taigs crazy.

BMC1981
08-01-2011, 03:35
Will people stop saying he hasn't been given a 'chance' up front.

Because he has and has still been poor more often than not.

chinaman
08-01-2011, 03:38

Plenty I'd imagine.

YGS the voice of reason

Aunty Christ
08-01-2011, 04:29

Big Kyle is out for 6 weeks with a cold sore. Wattie says he'll give him time to recover as he doesn't want to rush him back and risk him getting a cold.:angel:

jed jed1
08-01-2011, 05:18
it comes down to everyone at the club has to put a full effort into the rest of the season,no more half hearted displays or team selections.

BroomloanWATP
08-01-2011, 05:36
He has looked better this year, and hopefully if he was given a chance that would continue to be the case.

thebuffs90
08-01-2011, 06:10
i would like to give him 6 or 7 games through the middle, he seems to be getting there as he will put himself about and at least he is willing to play for the shirt.
confidence and game time is what makes a player better, hopefully if miller leaves we give him a consistent run in the team

williamstown
08-01-2011, 06:24
it comes down to everyone at the club has to put a full effort into the rest of the season,no more half hearted displays or team selections.

Agreed 100% and that includes Wattie who shat it last week and played for a draw,every man must do their duty and give their all and fear no cant in Scotland,the big man will
not be lacking on that score.

Captain_Buns
08-01-2011, 07:47

Plenty I'd imagine.

Exactly! There is a player in there somewhere, he just needs to cut out the rest of the shite!

THE PROFESSOR
08-01-2011, 14:14

Optimist! The next chance he should get is being shown the door, if he could negotiate that trial without breaking his finger. Sell, if anyone is mug enough to buy him.

gertilidie
08-01-2011, 14:27
Optimist! The next chance he should get is being shown the door, if he could negotiate that trial without breaking his finger. Sell, if anyone is mug enough to buy him.

Good God, I'm agreeing with one of your posts :D

A1bertz
08-01-2011, 14:39
I just don't see him a s a striker and the fact Rangers seem to be looking for a replacement for Miller says a lot for me.

Cappra414VG
08-01-2011, 14:41
Shouldn't be anywhere near our team. Terrible waste of money we didn't have. Would have rather had novo.

jaket1873
08-01-2011, 14:49
Yes would like to see him lead the line for a few weeks needs a food start tho keep his confidence high! I like the big man give him a shot starting Monday!

WATP*72
08-01-2011, 15:16
Lafferty was asking for his release papers the other day after been halled off against Livingston in bounce game for fighting with Livi players. He was arguing with McCost ans McDowall

A1bertz
08-01-2011, 16:00
Lafferty was asking for his release papers the other day after been halled off against Livingston in bounce game for fighting with Livi players. He was arguing with McCost ans McDowall

hope we were accommodating.

Earl of Leven
08-01-2011, 16:04
I think (my opinion only) that it was a waste of 3.75m however much we all wish it was otherwise.

He is in his 3rd season now and is nowhere near becoming a regular starter or a striker of any note.

I wish him well for his career but can't see him ever being a regular starer and goalscorer for us.

Arveladzes Shuffle
08-01-2011, 16:14
Again?

Sooner or later one of these threads might work. (maybe).

mark_max83
15-05-2011, 21:29

I think big kyle has taken his chance!!