PDA

View Full Version : Wayne Rooney...A Spent Force?

buster60
28-12-2010, 22:38
He doesn't look even half the player he was. And, hasn't he all of a sudden started to look old. Bit unfortunate for United that as soon as they gave him a whopping pay rise he starts to look very ordinary.

What's gone wrong?

Harry's Da
28-12-2010, 22:43
Form is temporary, class in permanent. The lad is a fantastic football player.

Off field antics have caused him a bit of aggro, he will return to his previous form at some point.

Drago1873
28-12-2010, 22:43
not a chance mate,being played wide left doesnt help him.he certainly isnt the best player in the world but he is a quality player and you cant deny that.

every player goes thro bad patches

let me ask you this would you like to see him in our team?

mrgeebus
28-12-2010, 22:44
A dose of the clap from some old bint?

Seriously, though, he wanted away then suddenly signed a new deal to stay? There's something strange there, and if I was Fergie, I'd have made him sit in the stand til he issued a public apology, not paid the **** 250k a week.

I think he's been given the big contract to stay til the summer, at which point he'll be sold. I also think he's fully aware of this and is working his ticket.

Drago1873
28-12-2010, 22:47

Seriously, though, he wanted away then suddenly signed a new deal to stay? There's something strange there, and if I was Fergie, I'd have made him sit in the stand til he issued a public apology, not paid the **** 250k a week.

I think he's been given the big contract to stay til the summer, at which point he'll be sold. I also think he's fully aware of this and is working his ticket.

i might be wrong in this mate but is there a club who will be able to afford to pay the transfer fee,wages and the rest of his contract in order to get him?

wouldnt get much change out of 60 million i would guess

blueman14
Never really rated him anyway.

scottyboy_1
hes got what he wants a bumper contract so how can u motivate yourself when u know that regardless of how you play your still getting that wage

Harry's Da
28-12-2010, 22:48

:D :D :D :D :D

That's funny.

Drago1873
hes got what he wants a bumper contract so how can u motivate yourself when u know that regardless of how you play your still getting that wage

professional pride surely :confused:

realger34
Shagging hookers

Professor_Chaos
28-12-2010, 22:49
not a chance mate,being played wide left doesnt help him.he certainly isnt the best player in the world but he is a quality player and you cant deny that.

every player goes thro bad patches

let me ask you this would you like to see him in our team?

:confused:

How is that relevant to how good (or not) Wayne Rooney is?

KingAlbertz
28-12-2010, 22:50
Unhappy at home = Poor Football

The opposite of this is exactly why Kenny Miller is doing well... will he stay though?

Drago1873
28-12-2010, 22:54
:confused:

How is that relevant to how good (or not) Wayne Rooney is?

because for me he is a quality player and someone who id love to see playing for us

Professor_Chaos
28-12-2010, 22:56
because for me he is a quality player and someone who id love to see playing for us

And? Pretty much every player in the Man Utd starting XI tonight would waltz into our starting XI. The question is not 'Is Wayne Rooney good enough for Rangers?'

canalbear
28-12-2010, 22:58
I believe WR one of the best players in the world.

Runs the line perfectly ,very direct,brings others into play........brilliant.

However, he might lose his desire like many young talents .

Its not happened yet though.

mrgeebus
28-12-2010, 22:59
[/B]

i might be wrong in this mate but is there a club who will be able to afford to pay the transfer fee,wages and the rest of his contract in order to get him?

wouldnt get much change out of 60 million i would guess

Not in the EPL apart from city, but I don't see him being sold to them.

Possibly a swap deal with a foreign team e.g with Bayern for ribery, or to bring ronaldo back from Madrid?

Could maybe see mourinho making him a galactico.

Thing is - if he keeps playing the way he has been this season, is his value going to be as high? Reputation can only get you so far.

Professor_Chaos
28-12-2010, 22:59

But he has been honking for about 9 months though.

Dromiderry
28-12-2010, 23:00
There is a match thread open why create another........

see what I did there.

Harry's Da
28-12-2010, 23:00

Like you say, there is no way Rooney has lost his desire, he is probably trying too hard to prove his detractors wrong at the moment.

Drago1873
28-12-2010, 23:03
And? Pretty much every player in the Man Utd starting XI tonight would waltz into our starting XI. The question is not 'Is Wayne Rooney good enough for Rangers?'

thats a fair point mate but the op asked whats wrong with wayne rooney and all i was saying was that i dont believe there is anything wrong with him and that he was still a quality player and for that reason i would love to see him in the blue jersey

canalbear
28-12-2010, 23:05
But he has been honking for about 9 months though.

Still far too early to say he is finished.

He has been caught cheating,struggling with kids etc....

He will be back.

His penalty against us was the quickest i have ever seen.............then he misses one the next week.:roll:

Drago1873
28-12-2010, 23:06
Not in the EPL apart from city, but I don't see him being sold to them.

Possibly a swap deal with a foreign team e.g with Bayern for ribery, or to bring ronaldo back from Madrid?

Could maybe see mourinho making him a galactico.

Thing is - if he keeps playing the way he has been this season, is his value going to be as high? Reputation can only get you so far.

thats a fair point mate,but if somebody does want to buy him then they will have to buy out the rest of his 250,000 a week contract which i believe is a five year one.

Professor_Chaos
28-12-2010, 23:06
Still far too early to say he is finished.

He has been caught cheating,struggling with kids etc....

He will be back.

His penalty against us was the quickest i have ever seen.............then he misses one the next week.:roll:

What is a quick penalty? :confused:

canalbear
28-12-2010, 23:07
What is a quick penalty? :confused:

Run up/speed,power!

Top_Cat
28-12-2010, 23:08
Think next season we will see him back, that's what happens when you get caught nobbing bobby moores!

Professor_Chaos
28-12-2010, 23:08
Run up/speed,power!

Can't say I noticed to be honest.

He's never been the best player in the world, and never will be. But he's a long way away from his best form, and shows no signs of improving. I'll be genuinely surprised if he plays his home games at Old Trafford next season.

womble 3
28-12-2010, 23:10

Thats my thoughts on it

JohnDarwinsCanoe
28-12-2010, 23:21

Off field antics have caused him a bit of aggro, he will return to his previous form at some point.

He's not scored a goal in open play in 9 months so I'd hardly call that temporary.

There's clearly something not right with him.

GregMc
28-12-2010, 23:35
Too much shaggin whores i'd say.

Harry's Da
28-12-2010, 23:37
He's not scored a goal in open play in 9 months so I'd hardly call that temporary.

There's clearly something not right with him.

No doubt, but he is hardly finished or spent, as said in previous post, I think the lad is probably trying too hard, putting too much pressure on himself.

He is a class player, ability doesn't just disappear.

braeside58
28-12-2010, 23:37
Personal life interfering with his football i'd say.

Professor_Chaos
28-12-2010, 23:38
No doubt, but he is hardly finished or spent, as said in previous post, I think the lad is probably trying too hard, putting too much pressure on himself.

He is a class player, ability doesn't just disappear.

Again, it's been missing for 9 months.

Dippy55
28-12-2010, 23:39
Any time hes played "well" hes not been able to keep it up for more than 3-4 months. Then hes terrible for longer than he was good. What is the point in having a footballer that is only good for 40% of his career?

Harry's Da
28-12-2010, 23:44
Again, it's been missing for 9 months.

Again?????

Has he not had quite a rough time off the park in those 9 months?
He might not be putting the ball in the net at present, but he has been contributing to his team.

Tell me one thing Prof, why is SAF still playing him?

Professor_Chaos
28-12-2010, 23:45
Again?????

He might not be putting the ball in the net at present, but he has been contributing to his team.

Funnily enough, I don't know, why don't you go ask him?

Has he had a rough time off the park for the whole 9 months? Not that I'm aware of. He's been injured for a chunk of it, but mostly, he's just been pish.

Harry's Da
28-12-2010, 23:52

Has he had a rough time off the park for the whole 9 months? Not that I'm aware of. He's been injured for a chunk of it, but mostly, he's just been pish.

So in the prof world Wayne Rooney is pish, but in the world of a recognised and lauded club manager across the lands of Europe we should question his selection process.

Comedy gold.

GGTHEBEAR
29-12-2010, 00:00
Rooney's got too much talent to be a spent force, but i do think if Utd lose that league this season it will be because his goals have dried up.

They are getting away with it at the moment because the other sides around them also have fatal flaws to their game. That may still see them through.

I think Rooney with a strong pre-season behind him can bounce back next season.

alexblink182mxpx
29-12-2010, 00:08
He was never that good to begin with anyway.

JTB
29-12-2010, 00:09

100% correct, but you are going to get people on FF disregarding this because "it's Rooney" (as if that actually means something) now of course the guy has been a star in the past and had good seasons but as you say for 9 or so months he has been not just poor but utter shite.....tripping over the ball, woeful passing, terrible shooting, lack of determination or reading of play and all of this while in a team like Man Utd where Fletcher shines nearly every time.

His club and international play this year has been a disaster and to be on a wage like he is and play that way is laughable, his personal life has indeed had a big affect on him I am sure but on that form he should have been dropped a long time ago.

Francis Jeffers was a superstar at one point, not that Rooney will go down the same road but I hear this kind of shit often where it's suggested players who have a few good seasons will never lose their ability and struggle to find it.

29-12-2010, 00:14
good player, but grossly overrated imo

fair play to him though, he is doing ferguson and manure up like a kipper

Professor_Chaos
29-12-2010, 00:16
So in the prof world Wayne Rooney is pish, but in the world of a recognised and lauded club manager across the lands of Europe we should question his selection process.

Comedy gold.

So what, you think SAF is happy with his level of performance?

Top_Cat
29-12-2010, 00:19
Again?????

To keep him in the transfer shop window ;)

eastiseast
29-12-2010, 00:20

With rooney, It is more like, Class is temporary, Form is permanent. :roll:

Harry's Da
29-12-2010, 00:20
100% correct, but you are going to get people on FF disregarding this because "it's Rooney" (as if that actually means something) now of course the guy has been a star in the past and had good seasons but as you say for 9 or so months he has been not just poor but utter shite.....tripping over the ball, woeful passing, terrible shooting, lack of determination or reading of play and all of this while in a team like Man Utd where Fletcher shines nearly every time.

His club and international play this year has been a disaster and to be on a wage like he is and play that way is laughable, his personal life has indeed had a big affect on him I am sure but on that form he should have been dropped a long time ago.

Francis Jeffers was a superstar at one point, not that Rooney will go down the same road but I hear this kind of shit often where it's suggested players who have a few good seasons will never lose their ability and struggle to find it.

Jaffa, FFS, that is the most ridiculous comparison you could possibly have used.
Rooney is way beyond that level.

Seriously, do you think SAF is picking him for the sake of it?

Harry's Da
29-12-2010, 00:22
So what, you think SAF is happy with his level of performance?

Is he still picking him week in week out?

Do tell prof, what should SAF do? Drop him?

Professor_Chaos
29-12-2010, 00:24
Is he still picking him week in week out?

Do tell prof, what should SAF do? Drop him?

Yes, he is picking him every week. Why? Because he expects him to perform well and run the show. He isn't though. Do you honestly believe SAF is happy with how Rooney is playing?

He should drop him, yes.

JTB
29-12-2010, 00:29
Jaffa, FFS, that is the most ridiculous comparison you could possibly have used.
Rooney is way beyond that level.

Seriously, do you think SAF is picking him for the sake of it?

I made it clear I don't expect Rooney to go that drastically bad but the point remains that a name in football means shit all if the player becomes THAT poor.

9 months being that piss is not a mere loss of form than can be brushed aside, it's a disgrace, another player at Man Utd for a very short spell was Alan Smith who used to be worth a **** back in his leeds days, a player who has turned piss poor, sometimes a players attitude can set them back and Rooney is doing his best with his antics off the field to make an arse of it all.

I remember thinking Kieran Dyer was going to be a special player on evidence of his performances while breaking through, major injuries and a terrible attitude years on and he's nothing, a money earner with very little to write home about.

Michael Owen is the biggest case of how your point about once a great always a great doesn't apply to everyone.

Harry's Da
29-12-2010, 00:30
Yes, he is picking him every week. Why? Because he expects him to perform well and run the show. He isn't though. Do you honestly believe SAF is happy with how Rooney is playing?

He should drop him, yes.

And where are Man U in the main competitions?

I would imagine SAF knows a wee tad more about the professional game than you do.

This really is comedy gold.

Professor_Chaos
29-12-2010, 00:35

I would imagine SAF knows a wee tad more about the professional game than you do.

Ah, the old classic.

You do realise that stating this means that your opinion means f**k all too right? After all, SAF knows better than you.

Again, you're ignoring the question. Do you think SAF is happy with how Wayne Rooney is performing?

Harry's Da
29-12-2010, 00:36
I made it clear I don't expect Rooney to go that drastically bad but the point remains that a name in football means shit all if the player becomes THAT poor.

9 months being that piss is not a mere loss of form than can be brushed aside, it's a disgrace, another player at Man Utd for a very short spell was Alan Smith who used to be worth a **** back in his leeds days, a player who has turned piss poor, sometimes a players attitude can set them back and Rooney is doing his best with his antics off the field to make an arse of it all.

I remember thinking Kieran Dyer was going to be a special player on evidence of his performances while breaking through, major injuries and a terrible attitude years on and he's nothing, a money earner with little to write hme about.

Michael Owen is the biggest case of a how your point about once a great always a great doesn't apply to everyone.

Kieran Dyer - Injuries have wrecked that lads career, not attitude whilst it is questionable.

Owen - Again injuries played a bigger part than attitude or anything else.

Rooney is not scoring goals but he is still playing a part for Man U, that's why he is still playing every week.

I will take SAFs decisions over internet message boards every day of the week.

JTB
29-12-2010, 00:38

Again a generalisating point, a manager pics the player so they are right and everyone else is wrong....Why did we persevere with Bert Konterman when it as clear he was a dud?

Harry's Da
29-12-2010, 00:39
Ah, the old classic.

You do realise that stating this means that your opinion means f**k all too right? After all, SAF knows better than you.

Again, you're ignoring the question. Do you think SAF is happy with how Wayne Rooney is performing?

That would be the old classic of thinking a Professional Manager knows more than Joe Bloggs on a message board?

I have known for a long time you are indeed mental, you just provided proof positive.

Ignoring the question? How many times do I need to say it? SAF is still playing him every week, he must be happy with what he sees.

Harry's Da
29-12-2010, 00:40
Again a generalisating point, a manager pics the player so they are right and everyone else is wrong....Why did we persevere with Bert Konterman when it as clear he was a dud?

Again the comparison is a joke.

Franny now Bert? Jaffa, you are better than this.

Top_Cat
29-12-2010, 00:41

Scored a magic goal against the taigs!!

JTB
29-12-2010, 00:42
Rooney is not scoring goals but he is still playing a part for Man U, that's why he is still playing every week.

What part is that he's playing? How to make an arse of almost everything that comes at you...maybe you have chosen to ignore the fact he has not scored in open play and has been rank for 9 months now, not 9 weeks.

Ferguson keeps giving him chances no doubt on the back of thinking he can't play as bad as he did in the game before but is being proven wrong.

The onus is now on Rooney to show his manager/team/fans they he is worthy of his contract and is capable of an acceptable form at United or he will be expected to be shipped off.

Professor_Chaos
29-12-2010, 00:42
That would be the old classic of thinking a Professional Manager knows more than Joe Bloggs on a message board?

I have known for a long time you are indeed mental, you just provided proof positive.

Ignoring the question? How many times do I need to say it? SAF is still playing him every week, he must be happy with what he sees.

Yes, it's a classic. 'This expert in his field knows more about his field than you, so your argument is incorrect'. It's what stupid people say when they have nothing real to contribute.

It also assumes that the expert in question never gets anything wrong. Does SAF never get anything wrong?

WokinghamBear
29-12-2010, 00:45
The lad is experiencing his first real dip in form over a period of time in a high profile career spanning a good 8 or 9 years now. He will bounce back - far too much ability and big game temperament not to come back from it all.

Harry's Da
29-12-2010, 00:45
What part is that he's playing? How to make an arse of almost everything that comes at you...maybe you have chosen to ignore the fact he has not scored in open play and has been rank for 9 months now, not 9 weeks.

Ferguson keeps giving him chances no doubt on the back of thinking he can't play as bad as he did in the game before but is being proven wrong.

The onus is now on Rooney to show his manager/team/fans they he is worthy of his contract and is capable of an acceptable form at United or he will be expected to be shipped off.

Jaffa, SAF has a history of making big decisions regarding big players when they were not what he wanted.

He is still playing Rooney every week, do you honestly think he is waiting for it to happen?

Rooney has been contributing, not with goals granted, but he has been contributing.

JTB
29-12-2010, 00:47
Again the comparison is a joke.

Franny now Bert? Jaffa, you are better than this.

All I said about Jeffers is that he was regarded by some at a point as a wonder kid, look how his career played out.

Rooney has been a special player in the past at times (surrounded with the cream of europe it should be added) but there can be no excuses made for him.

My point on Konterman was a simple way of saying why we can't suggest a manager is always right.....Sir Alex was happy to ship off Pique and Forlan - who are a tad better than Wes Brown and Kleberson for example.

Harry's Da
29-12-2010, 00:48
Yes, it's a classic. 'This expert in his field knows more about his field than you, so your argument is incorrect'. It's what stupid people say when they have nothing real to contribute.

It also assumes that the expert in question never gets anything wrong. Does SAF never get anything wrong?

Prof, you are indeed mental. lets draw a line though.

You know better than SAF, you have proved it many times in type.

You win. Only because I'm trying to be on best behaviour on here.

Harry's Da
29-12-2010, 00:51
All I said about Jeffers is that he was regarded by some at a point as a wonder kid, look how his career played out.

Rooney has been a special player in the past at times (surrounded with the cream of europe it should be added) but there can be no excuses made for him.

My point on Konterman was a simple way of saying why we can't suggest a manager is always right.....Sir Alex was happy to ship off Pique and Forlan - who are a tad better than Wes Brown and Kleberson for example.

Were they better for Man U as team? A resounding NO!

SAF knows what is best for Man U, his record tells you that.

If he thinks that Rooney still has what it takes to contribute then I will take his word for it over you and the Prof.

Professor_Chaos
Prof, you are indeed mental. lets draw a line though.

You know better than SAF, you have proved it many times in type.

You win. Only because I'm trying to be on best behaviour on here.

Well done, you either a) don't get it, or b) you're just a bit thick.

You're saying that there's no way SAF can be wrong, ever. He's been wrong before, and he'll be wrong again. Wayne Rooney is playing woefully right now, and has been for months. Fabio Capello stuck with him too. Why? Because he's Wayne Rooney, and is supposed to be brilliant. But the FACT is that he has been pish for almost an entire year.

JTB
Jaffa, SAF has a history of making big decisions regarding big players when they were not what he wanted.

He is still playing Rooney every week, do you honestly think he is waiting for it to happen?

Rooney has been contributing, not with goals granted, but he has been contributing.

Do you really believe he has though Harry? Can you name for example a game in his last 20 where he was a class act or made a significant difference?

Being honest I can't, I'd play Park ahead of him if on a wing and pretty much the rest of them in the middle as I honestly believe he has been utter dreadful.

The boy is a stupid wanker and if he keeps up the sulks and shite form he may find himself needing to take a massive step down....here's hoping.

JTB
29-12-2010, 00:54
Were they better for Man U as team? A resounding NO!

SAF knows what is best for Man U, his record tells you that.

If he thinks that Rooney still has what it takes to contribute then I will take his word for it over you and the Prof.

And if he is shipped off in the summer will you come back on and say differently? :D

If he finds his form of old and becomes the supposed legend in the making I have been hearing bout then I will admit it was ust a very long and drawn out shitty period from his career.

Harry's Da
29-12-2010, 00:58
Well done, you either a) don't get it, or b) you're just a bit thick.

You're saying that there's no way SAF can be wrong, ever. He's been wrong before, and he'll be wrong again. Wayne Rooney is playing woefully right now, and has been for months. Fabio Capello stuck with him too. Why? Because he's Wayne Rooney, and is supposed to be brilliant. But the FACT is that he has been pish for almost an entire year.

Pot kettle black? I assume you are familiar with that.

I never said that SAF is never wrong, but he has been consistently correct in most football related matters for a long period of time, whereas you have been made to look like a buffoon on many occasions on here.

You are sticking your head way above the parapet in stating Rooney is pish. You are as usual wrong. But hey ho, you have a keyboard.

No more Prof.

xkpblue
29-12-2010, 00:59

Francis Jeffers is still a superstar,..................here in the A League in Oz.

fourfourtwo
29-12-2010, 00:59
Wayne Rooney is/was a good player, but unfortunately he's also what you might call 'snake-oil'. He's the product of a league that thrives on hype and new superstars. Yesterday it was Rooney, today it's the likes of Wilshere, Bale and Walcott.

I can't see Barcelona or Real Madrid buying him, so he's going to have to take a step down in wages and standard. Would Inter Milan buy him? Maybe. I doubt Bayern Munchen would pay so many wages. Even a Russian team would shy away from that kind of pay-packet.

He's clearly got some off-field issues as such a long goal-drought is crazy considering he's at a Manchester United team that creates several chances in every game. Whether he'll ever be as world-class as some expect him to be, is another question entirely.

Harry's Da
29-12-2010, 01:00
And if he is shipped off in the summer will you come back on and say differently? :D

If he finds his form of old and becomes the supposed legend in the making I have been hearing bout then I will admit it was ust a very long and drawn out shitty period from his career.

Jaffa, you know, I am more than capable of apologising when in the wrong. ;)

Lets wait and see how it progresses.

Professor_Chaos
29-12-2010, 01:00
Pot kettle black? I assume you are familiar with that.

I never said that SAF is never wrong, but he has been consistently correct in most football related matters for a long period of time, whereas you have been made to look like a buffoon on many occasions on here.

You are sticking your head way above the parapet in stating Rooney is pish. You are as usual wrong. But hey ho, you have a keyboard.

No more Prof.

Yes, but I didn't say Rooney is pish did I? I said he's been pish for 9 months. And he clearly has been.

Harry's Da
29-12-2010, 01:02
Yes, but I didn't say Rooney is pish did I? I said he's been pish for 9 months. And he clearly has been.

In true teenage fashion...............

Whatever.

Professor_Chaos
29-12-2010, 01:06
In true teenage fashion...............

Whatever.

You've conceded defeat, well done.

Harry's Da
29-12-2010, 01:08
You've conceded defeat, well done.

I'm avoiding yet another ban, that's all 'mate'.

Jaffa can be taken seriously, you on the other hand............................

Professor_Chaos
29-12-2010, 01:10
I'm avoiding yet another ban, that's all 'mate'.

Jaffa can be taken seriously, you on the other hand............................

Why, were you going to call me a name? :roll:

You're just refusing to acknowledge that Wayne Rooney has been awful for most of the year, and hiding behind the 'SAF knows best' line, to avoid trying to argue otherwise.

Harry's Da
29-12-2010, 01:16
Why, were you going to call me a name? :roll:

You're just refusing to acknowledge that Wayne Rooney has been awful for most of the year, and hiding behind the 'SAF knows best' line, to avoid trying to argue otherwise.

No, been there, done that, got the t shirt (and still stand by it).
I am doing my best not to argue with you for reasons posted above, you are not worth it. If you had even the slightest sight of credibility as a Rangers fan I would, but i won't.

Says everything about you.

Professor_Chaos
29-12-2010, 01:17
No, been there, done that, got the t shirt (and still stand by it).
I am doing my best not to argue with you for reasons posted above, you are not worth it. If you had even the slightest sight of credibility as a Rangers fan I would, but i won't.

Says everything about you.

That's quite a remarkable thing to say, considering you have no idea who I am.

sixdaywar
29-12-2010, 01:18
Unfortunately todays media (particulary the english) make instant world beaters of any player who has a good 10 game run, Gareth Bale being a prime example,
and although you can,t deny overall rooney has been a good player for man u, the english media try to portray him as a "great",
in fact if you recall this time last year ,the granny botherer was undoubtedly on fire for man u,but the cretins of the press were already crowning him fifa player of the year and ignoring the wee argentine genius,Lionel Messi, who was just going up another gear as the year was coming to its end and showed true greatness which IMO rooney has never done.

Harry's Da
29-12-2010, 01:19
That's quite a remarkable thing to say, considering you have no idea who I am.

Your FF history is enough for me.

As a trialist I can't search your posts, you work it out.

Professor_Chaos
29-12-2010, 01:20
Your FF history is enough for me.

As a trialist I can't search your posts, you work it out.

If you think you'll find evidence of me 'not being a Rangers fan', you'll be disappointed.

Anyway, let's stick to the topic.

JTB
29-12-2010, 01:21
Jaffa, you know, I am more than capable of apologising when in the wrong. ;)

Lets wait and see how it progresses.

I am not knowing zeiz moniker but now feel I should :D

Harry's Da
29-12-2010, 01:22
If you think you'll find evidence of me 'not being a Rangers fan', you'll be disappointed.

Anyway, let's stick to the topic.

Never mentioned that, why would you suggest it?

derek5287
29-12-2010, 01:50
I love posts like this!

The guy lad is 24, had a stunning season last year, has missed over 2 months of this year, plays out of position in a 1-1 draw at Birmingham, does alright...and he is a spent force!! Brilliant!!

Have a word!

Skull & Crossbones
29-12-2010, 12:16
He was very poor last night. Id like to see Utd try Hernandez and Berba up front more often

Loves To Spooge
29-12-2010, 13:50
thats a fair point mate but the op asked whats wrong with wayne rooney and all i was saying was that i dont believe there is anything wrong with him and that he was still a quality player and for that reason i would love to see him in the blue jersey

id hate to see that fat taig loving disgrace in a rangers shirt

Comedy gold.

Slur alex has made mistakes before you know, he dropped tevez who worked his arse off for Man Ure, signed Berbatov who's largely been a flop.

I love posts like this!

The guy lad is 24, had a stunning season last year, has missed over 2 months of this year, plays out of position in a 1-1 draw at Birmingham, does alright...and he is a spent force!! Brilliant!!

Have a word!

yeh, 24, been on the scene since he was about 17 and had one truly brilliant season. Hasnt scored from open play in 9 months.

And no, he didnt do alright last night at Birmingham, he was unbelievably sh*t and a would have been aswell staying back in manchester

Sutton_Blows_g0ats
29-12-2010, 13:57
i feel they lack a cutting edge, Nani seems to be thier inspiration when it comes to creativity these days, Berba is a good player but will have more than his fair share of off days.

Man U could do with replacing Giggs and Scholes, still good players but a shadow of what they were and can only play half a season these days.

Professor_Chaos
29-12-2010, 14:02
i feel they lack a cutting edge, Nani seems to be thier inspiration when it comes to creativity these days, Berba is a good player but will have more than his fair share of off days.

Man U could do with replacing Giggs and Scholes, still good players but a shadow of what they were and can only play half a season these days.

It's been said before on here, but signing Bebe instead of Van Der Vaart in the summer was madness.

Whitey_22
29-12-2010, 14:16
Is Wayne Rooney actually rubbish?

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/early-doors/article/304214/

superrangers
29-12-2010, 14:23
He doesn't look even half the player he was. And, hasn't he all of a sudden started to look old. Bit unfortunate for United that as soon as they gave him a whopping pay rise he starts to look very ordinary.

What's gone wrong?

Nothing unfortunate about it. They pandered to a player begging for more money. Man Ure are probably the most guilty club in the money issues in the game today. They have constantly been the ones paying higher and higher salaries to players and they more than most turned supporters into consumers by finding further ideas to hawk themselves around the globe and increase revenue streams. They have an "official office equipment partner" for god sakes. I have no sympathy for them.

I wouldn't have shed a tear if they went to the wall. They are a shadow of the great club who pioneered European participation amongst the English clubs and care only about one thing - cash.

As for Rooney, he is a very good player, but after his recent p1sh after scoring a penalty against us (which if he couldn't after being paid 250k per week he should be shot) I hope his career nosedives and he ends up a p1shstained alky like the rest of his bheggar cohorts.

FIFER BEAR
29-12-2010, 14:39
i have no time for shrek but i think he come good in the end

Jim Baxter is legend
29-12-2010, 14:42
Lets see, not yet match fit, suffering from a lack of confidence and played out of position a lo of the time

He is still the most naturally gifted player from the UK in my book

Renoranger
29-12-2010, 14:54

Are you insane. Sitting there blabbering on you don't rate him. How can you say that and think you know anything about football. Ferguson rates him very highly, bad patch and all. Run along.

Jaws2
29-12-2010, 15:11
Doubt he'll get his mojo back at Man Utd - there's been a major fall-out with the Manager and presumably his team-mates weren't too impressed with his recent behaviour either. He doesn't look like he wants to be there and, if you add that to the undoubted problems in his personal life, he's likely not a happy bunny right now.

We've all been in jobs we hate and worked with people we don't like and I reckon that's where he is in his life right now. A big payrise doesn't just make it all go away ...

He'll be gone in the summer imo.

wc06
29-12-2010, 15:13
Rooney only signed the new deal so Man U would get a king's ransom when they sold him.That way he can show his face in Manchester again without getting dog's abuse.He will be gone in the Summer i agree.

Top_Cat
29-12-2010, 15:14
Doubt he'll get his mojo back at Man Utd - there's been a major fall-out with the Manager and presumably his team-mates weren't too impressed with his recent behaviour either. He doesn't look like he wants to be there and, if you add that to the undoubted problems in his personal life, he's likely not a happy bunny right now.

We've all been in jobs we hate and worked with people we don't like and I reckon that's where he is in his life right now. A big payrise doesn't just make it all go away ...

He'll be gone in the summer imo.

I happen to think that he will be gone in the Summer also, no matter what noises come out of OT

Harry's Da
28-08-2011, 19:55
Found it :D

Follow follow at its best. ;)

sept1st
28-08-2011, 20:00
Found it :D

Follow follow at its best. ;)

:):):):):)

Loves To Spooge
28-08-2011, 20:04
basically 4 pages of Harrys Da and Professor Chaos. When you read it theres actually not many people writing him off.

Harry's Da
28-08-2011, 20:05
basically 4 pages of Harrys Da and Professor Chaos. When you read it theres actually not many people writing him off.

change your settings. 2 pages ;)

Loves To Spooge
28-08-2011, 20:06
Even worse, only 2 pages of two of you arguing about it.

I hardly think the Professor Chaos represents FF collectively :D

The_Glorious_12th
28-08-2011, 20:10
The bumping of old threads like this for the sake of point-scoring should be a banning offense.

FatBearSlim
28-08-2011, 20:11
It's been said before and it'll be said again but it's a c*nts trick to go back and pull up threads from ages ago to prove how right you are/were.

freckles1690
28-08-2011, 20:11
A wee bit premature this yin.

However, Fernando Torres.........what the hell has happened to him at Chelski? He was brilliant at Liverpool.

Harry's Da
28-08-2011, 20:13
The bumping of old threads like this for the sake of point-scoring should be a banning offense.

Hit the red triangle and see if admin agree.

wilso10
28-08-2011, 20:18
Harry's Da hit the nail on the head in the early stages of this thread, form is temporary, class is permanent. It was only a matter of time before Rooney started firing in all cylinders again, just goes to show what a bit of confidence does. He also looks a lot fitter and stronger this season.

As for Torres, Chelsea was the wrong move for him IMO.

Harry's Da
28-08-2011, 20:20
Harry's Da hit the nail on the head in the early stages of this thread, form is temporary, class is permanent. It was only a matter of time before Rooney started firing in all cylinders again, just goes to show what a bit of confidence does. He also looks a lot fitter and stronger this season.

As for Torres, Chelsea was the wrong move for him IMO.

Torres will come good again, absolutely no doubt, but the difference is and was the contribution to the respective teams.

Rooney never stopped contributing, Torres on the other hand, his contribution from what i have saw can be questioned.

Loves To Spooge
28-08-2011, 20:26
Its not a question of effort with Torres.

Hes in a struggling chelsea side and imo they're not utilizing him properly

Harry's Da
28-08-2011, 20:32
Its not a question of effort with Torres.

Hes in a struggling chelsea side and imo they're not utilizing him properly

Agree, but it doesn't take away the fact that his efforts are fruitless.
Rooney's efforts back then were still telling.

Team game after all.

bigkahunarab
28-08-2011, 20:37
Rooney and Torres completely different styles, Rooney is a player who can be relatively poor in form but still can spanner away for the team, its harder to see that with Torres as he plays high to the line and isn't really for dropping deep and working like Rooney. I'd like to see him back on form....any thoughts on Arsenal for him anyone???