PDA

View Full Version : Time for the Referees to call Regan to account

TheTinMan
28-12-2010, 20:49
Following Regan's trip to Celtic Park, is it now time for the Referees to summon him to explain the going ons at the SFA.

The leaks surrounding Hugh Dallas are wholly unprofessional and Phil McGoblin is now posting details of what was said at Dallas's appeal and the letter sent to him rejecting his appeal. Given the seriousness of this as an employment issue, it must be really easy to trace where this leak came from and it clearly needs to be dealt with as a matter of urgency as it is further undermining the SFA and certainly dispelling any notion of anti-Celtic behaviour.

Tagsbear
28-12-2010, 20:51
What is the Gobbleman spreading this time?

haufcut
28-12-2010, 20:52
Is it written on the same paper as the "dossier of mass destruction" ?

thenodster
28-12-2010, 20:57
So he has lost his appeal then?

TheTinMan
28-12-2010, 21:00
McGoblin on his site has said Dallas has lost his appeal. He gave details of who attended the hearing, gave a comment made during the appeal hearing and said the letter was sent out on Friday 24th.

I reckon no more than 5 people would know the details of this and therefore it should be easy to trace this leak.

deedle
28-12-2010, 21:04
Someone at the SFA leaked the initial Dallas email plus the 'dodgy dossier' which was supposed to be a smoking gun but instead turned out to be a damp squib. One of those involved in the leaking has been mentioned on FF.

McGillivan also claims to have reported the general thrust of and words spoken at a meeting between Dallas and Regan.

If any of this is inaccurate or even contested, McGillivan could be in trouble.

If it is substantially true, then McGillivan has revealed that people within the SFA are leaking information that should remain strictly confidential. Just a hunch, but unless it is a secretary then it must be someone in a senior position.

One other point is that if Peat's words about 'the public interest' are accurate then I'd have thought he's handed Dallas an excellent chance of winning an industrial tribunal.

thenodster
McGoblin on his site has said Dallas has lost his appeal. He gave details of who attended the hearing, gave a comment made during the appeal hearing and said the letter was sent out on Friday 24th.

I reckon no more than 5 people would know the details of this and therefore it should be easy to trace this leak.

The gobblegiver was probably on the appeal panel.

TheHost

I thought they were pretty sure who the leak was insofar as i have seen the same picture on a couple of sights.

Still disturbing the level of information that they feed that mad ex social worker.

laudofan
28-12-2010, 21:56
I think someone needs to email the SFA to ask why this journalist/blogger appears to be the prime source for anyone who wants to know the up-to-date business of our national football association

Porto Loyal
28-12-2010, 21:56
I do hope Dallas does take them to a tribunal; If what McGobblegiver says is true regarding Peat's statement, it doesn't sound like a reasonable excuse!

bkkbear
28-12-2010, 22:01
McGoblin on his site has said Dallas has lost his appeal.

to save the hits on his site could you copy and paste and or link another thread?

Laudrup70
28-12-2010, 22:02
In order to call Regan to account, they need to strike until he walks.

Thats it.

Captain Jock
28-12-2010, 22:05
I was just about to start a thread asking if anyone had heard anything about Dallas's appeal when I read this.
If the details of a private appeal hearing has been leaked to anyone outwith the meeting prior to a public statement, there should be hell to pay!
I would imagine this would only be good ammunition for Dallas and his colleagues if he took it to a tribunal.
For a national organisation, can the SFA do anything right?

Vidmar
28-12-2010, 22:11
If the SFA were doing things properly, an internal appeal of this nature would need to have been minuted, so it could be someone fairly low-level who's leaking the story. On the other hand, it could be Frank Reilly, who's tight with McGobble and a devious, stinking rat.

Funnily (or worryingly) enough, he's the SFA UEFA liaison for all Scottish clubs.

TheTinMan
28-12-2010, 22:17
If the SFA were doing things properly, an internal appeal of this nature would need to have been minuted, so it could be someone fairly low-level who's leaking the story. On the other hand, it could be Frank Reilly, who's tight with McGobble and a devious, stinking rat.

Funnily (or worryingly) enough, he's the SFA UEFA liaison for all Scottish clubs.

I would imagine that in view of the amount of leaks surrounding this previously, they would have endeavoured to keep this as tight as possible with a senior administrator minuting and sending out the paperwork. I would be surprised if any more than 4 or 5 people would have been party to the information McGoblin claims to have.

Vidmar
28-12-2010, 22:21
I would imagine that in view of the amount of leaks surrounding this previously, they would have endeavoured to keep this as tight as possible with a senior administrator minuting and sending out the paperwork. I would be surprised if any more than 4 or 5 people would have been party to the information McGoblin claims to have.

Very true, although we shouldn't dismiss the idea that McGobble is simply making all this up. He craves a job within Scotland's media and sees this 'Berlin Wall' moment as the ideal platform.

Unfortunately for him, even Scotland's newspaper editors aren't stupid enough to employ such a diseased individual.

BroomloanWATP
28-12-2010, 22:33
Very true, although we shouldn't dismiss the idea that McGobble is simply making all this up. He craves a job within Scotland's media and sees this 'Berlin Wall' moment as the ideal platform.

Unfortunately for him, even Scotland's newspaper editors aren't stupid enough to employ such a diseased individual.

Do you think negative references from previous employers could possibly have a bearing on this? :angel:

Vidmar
28-12-2010, 22:35
Do you think negative references from previous employers could possibly have a bearing on this? :angel:

Well he changed his name for a reason....

On his Twitter he was bemoaning his "too Irish sounding" name as the reason he doesn't have a job in Scotland, glossing over the fact that he, err, picked the name himself. Moron. :D

AnglianBear
28-12-2010, 22:36
Mcgobblegiver has shot himself royally in the foot with this one. The fact that someone from within the SFA, someone who could possibly have sat on the panel for Dallas's appeal has then leaked said information to a Celtic minded "journalist" (I use that term loosely) will likely mean the appeal has to be reheard with a fresh new panel.

laudofan
29-12-2010, 12:39
The papers seem to be picking up on the Hugh Dallas failed appeal story as released by the SFA's de facto Press Officer Phil Mac Giolla Bhain.

The Record has it too.

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/The-Rumour-Mill-Wednesday39s-football.6673828.jp

two2tango
29-12-2010, 12:45
was eric riley on the appeal panel?

it seems to me that the celtic finance director is having an awful lot of influence at tha sfa.

why has no journo asked the sfa why lennon, reid, hopper, stokes et all have not been brought up on disrupte charges?

The_Gub
29-12-2010, 12:56
Doesn't it make you wonder why no professional journalist in this country is prepared to ask what the OP is asking?

We are living in a fascist wee state whereby a virulent, nasty, wee tail is wagging the dog.

The_Gub
29-12-2010, 12:58
Mcgobblegiver has shot himself royally in the foot with this one. The fact that someone from within the SFA, someone who could possibly have sat on the panel for Dallas's appeal has then leaked said information to a Celtic minded "journalist" (I use that term loosely) will likely mean the appeal has to be reheard with a fresh new panel.

I disagree. For me this is wishful thinking on your part.

However, I hope you are correct.

laudofan
29-12-2010, 13:12
The SFA are an embarrassment to Scotland over the way they have allowed a blogger to dictate their agenda and publicise their decisions.

scottylad72
29-12-2010, 13:19
The papers seem to be picking up on the Hugh Dallas failed appeal story as released by the SFA's de facto Press Officer Phil Mac Giolla Bhain.

The Record has it too.

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/The-Rumour-Mill-Wednesday39s-football.6673828.jp

Is that you phil?

laudofan
29-12-2010, 13:46
?

I'm just saying the papers (Record, Scotsman) are picking up on it.

See my post when I say the SFA are an embarrassment for allowing a blogger to effectively be their 'press officer'!

Does no-one else think that's a ludicrous situation? (obviously the OP does)

Ionabrick
29-12-2010, 15:30
Well he changed his name for a reason....

On his Twitter he was bemoaning his "too Irish sounding" name as the reason he doesn't have a job in Scotland, glossing over the fact that he, err, picked the name himself. Moron. :D

For anyone interested this cretin's chosen name is an anagram of : -

" A Halal Boiling Chimp "

Rather suits him I think as it's a combination of his probable appearance, religious fanaticism, and the type of sweets he tempts children with.

superrangers
29-12-2010, 15:37
For anyone interested this cretin's chosen name is an anagram of : -

" A Halal Boiling Chimp "

Rather suits him I think as it's a combination of his probable appearance, religious fanaticism, and the type of sweets he tempts children with.

or even

"bitter, rat-infested scumbag fenian filth"

bilkobear
29-12-2010, 15:42
If this leak by the Plastic Irish Bigot turns out to be true, then all hell should break out in the Scottish press who should be outraged that such information is being exclusively sourced to just one 'journalist'.

This leak should be enough to see heads roll at the SFA and a campaign launched by our Press to demand clean hands at the top of Scottish football.

It is scandalous also that those who brought the game into such disrepute and caused a referee's strike, have not yet been dealt with by the ruling body.
The delaying tactics employed in this matter stink of a deliberate ploy to ensure that the passage of time will dilute outrage and temper the requirement for vigilant justice.
A fudge and soft sentences will then ensue with blame diffused and obfuscated to take the real culprits away from the limelight.

We are being had.

Ionabrick
29-12-2010, 16:15
or even

"bitter, rat-infested scumbag fenian filth"

Think you've got an extra " A " there. !!

Then again - who knows how this Plastic Irish Prick spells his made up name???

laudofan
29-12-2010, 17:19
This leak should be enough to see heads roll at the SFA and a campaign launched by our Press to demand clean hands at the top of Scottish football.

We are being had.

If the SFA have any integrity, they will pursue and deal with those responsible for breaching confidentiality in exactly the same manner with which they dealt with the alleged breach of e-mail policy.

vallance_artist
09-06-2012, 11:39

I hear that :
(a) Frank Reilly was included in the Dallasgate email, but fortunately for him he was on holiday at the time,
and never forwarded it to anyone.
(b) A good friend of Frank's (in another organisation) is currently under suspension pending an investigation by his Employer,
due to many 'inappropriate' emails sent to him by Frank Teflon Reilly.

Vidmar
09-06-2012, 11:49
I hear that :
(a) Frank Reilly was included in the Dallasgate email, but fortunately for him he was on holiday at the time,
and never forwarded it to anyone.
(b) A good friend of Frank's (in another organisation) is currently under suspension pending an investigation by his Employer,
due to many 'inappropriate' emails sent to him by Frank Teflon Reilly.

Interesting. The lack of investigation into the SFA leaks sums up our Scottish press.

vallance_artist
09-06-2012, 12:06
Interesting. The lack of investigation into the SFA leaks sums up our Scottish press.

As well as the joke emails sent by Frank, some of them relate to
our situation (as if taken straight from the RTC).
I think you have a theory that Frank is connected somehow to phil three names!

bertram
09-06-2012, 13:57
SFA - not fit for purpose

unless you support shame fc