PDA

View Full Version : Eremenko Available For £1m

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

copenhagen11
01-11-2010, 03:01
Finnish boy looks a player.Another future bear from killie?:)

Professor_Chaos
01-11-2010, 03:12
He's 27, almost 28.

DYNAMO_ROSCO
01-11-2010, 03:21
He's 27, almost 28.

So?

To answer the op he looks good but I've not seen enough of him.

copenhagen11
01-11-2010, 03:21
Davie weir is 40!!

Professor_Chaos
01-11-2010, 03:23
So?

So he's playing for Kilmarnock at that age, having done nothing of note before then. We shouldn't even be entertaining the idea of signing players who are almost 30 from other SPL clubs.

copenhagen11
01-11-2010, 03:23
So?

Me too to be fair.just caught my eye today.great performance i thought!

Jani-Kaupilla
01-11-2010, 03:26
So he's playing for Kilmarnock at that age, having done nothing of note before then. We shouldn't even be entertaining the idea of signing players who are almost 30 from other SPL clubs.

Caniggia was 34 odd when we signed him from Dundee. Eremenko looks to have a fair bit of talent and I reckon he's worth a closer look, tin hat on of course.

Professor_Chaos
01-11-2010, 03:27
Caniggia was 34 odd when we signed him from Dundee. Eremenko looks to have a fair bit of talent and I reckon he's worth a closer look, tin hat on of course.

Aye, that's a reasonable comparison right enough. :roll:

Russell_Nash
01-11-2010, 03:30
hes not finished hes only 29

DYNAMO_ROSCO
01-11-2010, 03:33

If a player is performing to a standard where it looks like he may add something to our squad then we most certainly should.

skipper08
01-11-2010, 03:34
He had a good performance today but in general he has been quite poor. He gives the ball away alot, is so unfit and at times can be like playing with a man down. I wudnt be looking at him.

johnny fontane
01-11-2010, 04:22
Doesn't he have some kind of dodgy past with other clubs hence playing for Killie at this stage in his career?

NovoIsGod
01-11-2010, 05:14
Looked a real prospect about 4/5 years ago but has had piss poor fitness levels.

WeeBud72
01-11-2010, 06:58
He is a foreign national playing for a 6th rate football club in Scotland why do you think they signed him

Tomato Plant
01-11-2010, 07:02
Eremenko is Finnishd

McCoisty
01-11-2010, 08:37
Davie weir is 39!!

I knew he was a bit of a human machine but I didnt think Sir Davie was actually getting YOUNGER again!!!

:confused::confused::confused:

Southside_Shug
01-11-2010, 09:01
Eremenko could do a job for us but it would mean dropping Davis???

Baphomet
01-11-2010, 09:36
hes not finished hes only 29

He's nae Antii Niemi ;)

Coulter612
01-11-2010, 10:07
He's a far better player than his current position at Kilmarnock would suggest. Think he's had a bit of trouble elsewere but he still has real talent. As someone above said though, he's not better than Davis.

thebluesea
01-11-2010, 10:09
Read about him when Killie signed him.

He seems to have talent but it's never worked out for him for whatever reason.

scottylad72
01-11-2010, 10:13
Maybe he's a mentalist, more suited to the alwizcheata mob in the beast end of glasdublin.

BobbyBear
01-11-2010, 10:15

he is prob on more money than half our squad at this main team..

big gazza rfc
01-11-2010, 10:18

He's quality on the ball, just seems to be lacking a wee bit of pace.

supergers07
01-11-2010, 10:24
his Killie deal expires on January 1st

blair_omnibus
01-11-2010, 10:25
I'd rather have Naismith & Fleck.

Phantom Jack
01-11-2010, 10:32

Caniggia? ......

Professor_Chaos
01-11-2010, 10:34
Caniggia? ......

What about him? You might notice that Claudio Caniggia was, or had been, a world class player. Who had played in world cups and in some of the top leagues in Europe.

Phil Leotardo
01-11-2010, 10:43

What age should be the cut-off point?

Cannavaro
01-11-2010, 10:49
Read an article on Mixu praising him on sportinglife.com, he is on loan from a ukrainian team I believe, Mixu must have used his homeland connections for this one, sounds decent but one good game against Heats doesn't make him a great player, worth keeping tabs on though

Professor_Chaos
01-11-2010, 11:12
What age should be the cut-off point?

For players from the SPL? 23, unless they are consistently outstanding over a period of time.

larrydavidloyal
01-11-2010, 11:38
He can't run.

Phantom Jack
01-11-2010, 11:43
What about him? You might notice that Claudio Caniggia was, or had been, a world class player. Who had played in world cups and in some of the top leagues in Europe.

The fact that it doesnt matter about what age he is. Punk :D

rambobear
01-11-2010, 11:46

i watched the killie v semtec a month or so ago and thought then he looked a cracking player.

everything that happened for killie in that game was down to said player!

..Obi-Wan..
01-11-2010, 11:54
There's 2 Eremenkos, think a lot of people are getting this
dumpling mixed up with the half decent one.

He's at Killie for a reason.

Next............

Coulter612
01-11-2010, 11:59

Next............

The one at Killlie, Alexei Eremenko, has played in Serie A and has nearly 50 caps for his national side. He's no superstar but on the basis of some of his performances so far, he is no dumpling. Once he sorts his head out he will be away to a far better side than Kilmarnock.

Only other Eremenko I could find was a futsal player, are you sure?

The laffbot
01-11-2010, 12:01

Next............

You couldn't be more wrong.

DYNAMO_ROSCO
01-11-2010, 12:06
Read an article on Mixu praising him on sportinglife.com, he is on loan from a ukrainian team I believe, Mixu must have used his homeland connections for this one, sounds decent but one good game against Heats doesn't make him a great player, worth keeping tabs on though

My thoughts exactly.

HamishHendersonsKilt
01-11-2010, 12:09
He was described on Radio Scotland yesterday as the Finnish Chic Charnley!

larrydavidloyal
01-11-2010, 12:12
The one at Killlie, Alexei Eremenko, has played in Serie A and has nearly 50 caps for his national side. He's no superstar but on the basis of some of his performances so far, he is no dumpling. Once he sorts his head out he will be away to a far better side than Kilmarnock.

Only other Eremenko I could find was a futsal player, are you sure?

Roman Eremenko, ex-Udinese and currently at Dynamo Kiev.

Coulter612
01-11-2010, 12:14

Ah I stand corrected mate. His younger bother apparently. We'll take him :)

clashcityrocker
01-11-2010, 12:17

Isn't he on loan from a Ukrainian side?

Edit: Just read bit about him having a brother; apparently they've both played in Serie A and are both now signed to (different) Ukrainian sides. (Metallist Kharkov & Dynamo Kiev)

The laffbot
01-11-2010, 12:22
Isn't he on loan from a Ukrainian side?

Thats his younger brother.

Phil Leotardo
01-11-2010, 12:58
For players from the SPL? 23, unless they are consistently outstanding over a period of time.

I see. What changes on their 24th birthday?

Niklas Haglund
01-11-2010, 13:34
Easily the most gifted player in the Finnish national side at the moment with the obvious exception of Jari Litmanen who´s still playing. Eremenko should have taken over Litmanens role in the national team by now, but he has a knack for not getting along with managers.

His problem is his hot temper that has gotten him into all sorts of problems on and off the field, hence his journeyman career so far. Played for JARO in the Finnish for half a season this year and singlehandedly turned them from relegation contenders into a team that finished fourth. Seems finally to have learned to concentrate on playing now.

He´s certainly a player for a bigger stage than Killie, but I´m not sure Rangers could afford to sign him. Top Russian and Ukrainian league sides pay very good wages these days.

El Guaje
01-11-2010, 13:38
I see. What changes on their 24th birthday?

Their age? :D

Bigbluenose
01-11-2010, 13:39
Davie weir is 39!!

Make that 40 ;)

BBN

MountVernonBluenose
07-11-2010, 12:07
This guy's been absolutely outstanding since arriving at Kilmarnock on loan from Metalist Kharkiv.

He's a real class act and there's no doubt in my mind he could do a real job for us. Certainly one we should be looking at in January.

Discuss.

Sir Duncan Ferguson
07-11-2010, 12:09
Ever wondered why a 27 year old internationalist has had to move to Kilmarnock for football ?

The warning signs should be flashing for that alone

giopeople
07-11-2010, 12:10
Yeah have actually seen Kilmarnock a few times recently, scored a peach last week. You'll have to take good with bad, not going to make too many tackles and the hollywood ball doesn't always work. Still can do a bit out the ordinary although not sure he'd get a game if everyone was fit.

Definitely worth a second look though

Invicta_Loyal04
07-11-2010, 12:11
He has talent. But he is also lazy, overweight and on huge wages (17k a week at Metalist).

The laffbot
07-11-2010, 12:11
Quality player with an attitude problem. Worth the risk maybe.

iaatpies
07-11-2010, 12:14
It would obviously depend on price and wages but he'd be worth considering as an option for strengthening our squad in the summer.

We're facing the prospect of a new manager and possibly as many as half a dozen changes this summer. The idea of bringing in a player with SPL experience and international experience doesnt upset me too much.

rosstheger
07-11-2010, 12:14
He's got a really classy streak about him.

He'll go to Killie permanently I think cos of big Mixu.

We don't need him anyway.

MountVernonBluenose
07-11-2010, 12:15
Ever wondered why a 27 year old internationalist has had to move to Kilmarnock for football ?

We all know that's nonsense. There are often many reasons as to why it doesn't work out for certain players at one club only to go on and become a star at another.

This guys got a bit about him and will be with a much bigger club soon - hopefully ours.

El Guaje
07-11-2010, 12:16

This is true but he's the kind of player we should be welcoming in Scotland with open arms given he has a first touch and can pass accurately with both feet.

Not that I want him at Ibrox though ;)

Sir Duncan Ferguson
07-11-2010, 12:16
We all know that's nonsense. There are often many reasons as to why it doesn't work out for certain players at one club only to go on and become a star at another.

This guys got a bit about him and will be with a much bigger club soon - hopefully ours.

So why hasn't he been at a big club before now ?

gilday
07-11-2010, 12:17
[QUOTE=Sir Duncan Ferguson;12523408]Ever wondered why a 27 year old internationalist has had to move to Kilmarnock for football ?

The warning signs should be flashing for that all

This should end the thread !

The laffbot
07-11-2010, 12:20
[QUOTE=Sir Duncan Ferguson;12523408]Ever wondered why a 27 year old internationalist has had to move to Kilmarnock for football ?

The warning signs should be flashing for that all

This should end the thread !

Why should it? :confused: Just because he is at kilmarnock doesn't mean he isn't a decent player.

Open thread..

Whitey_22
07-11-2010, 12:21

Why were Dado Prso and Didier Drogba mincing about in 3rd division French football for years?

iaatpies
07-11-2010, 12:23

Did you wonder why a former Argentine international ended up playing for Dundee? Were you equally as convinced that it was such an omen of doom that we shouldnt touch him?

buster
07-11-2010, 12:23
We´ve based recent success on an excellent team spirit, a togetherness, everyone working hard for eachother.

At this present time I´d place great importance on maintaining this and to forcefit this type of player in the side may not do us any favours.

IMO I wouldn´t take the risk for the above although you could keep an eye on him and his attitude and see how it develops up here.

Cappra414VG
07-11-2010, 12:24
Think he looks really decent, probably wouldn't get a game at the moment as he hasn't got the work ethic needed to get a game for us. Work ethic comes before flair at the moment.

strider
07-11-2010, 12:26
He reminds me a lot of a certain Mr Russell Latapy.

He needs to be the main man, he needs to play against sides that don't defend with everyone behind the ball, and he may not enjoy the pressure of having to win every week or do defensive duties in harder games.

I'd avoid - I doubt he would fit in.

MountVernonBluenose
07-11-2010, 12:26

Honestly? I've no idea. But what I do know for sure is that this guy's a player and could go on to be something special with better players around him.

strider
07-11-2010, 12:28
Did you wonder why a former Argentine international ended up playing for Dundee? Were you equally as convinced that it was such an omen of doom that we shouldnt touch him?

Dundee were splashing serious cash and using their contacts back then - this one is a different situation.

I may be wrong about Eremenko, I admit, but I just don't see him doing as well for ourselves as he'll look at Kilmarnock. Mental strength is the difference between a good Rangers player and an average or poor one, not ability.

iaatpies
07-11-2010, 12:40
Other than the cash thing Strider, this is exactly the same. The only reason Eremenko is at Killie is Mixu. If he wasnt the gaffer there then Eremenko would be elsewhere.

buster
07-11-2010, 12:42
Other than the cash thing Strider, this is exactly the same. The only reason Eremenko is at Killie is Mixu. If he wasnt the gaffer there then Eremenko would be elsewhere.

Mixu to a degree but if no-one else was prepared to offer the guy a wage that would be a big improvement on his current pay packet you have to ask, why ?

pitbull

Canigia and Dundee come to mind! What about big Dado not playing full time fottball until he was well into his twenties. Some players get overlooked or are late bloomers or simply were not spotted or fancied a change - any number of reasons. It may not be that they are not good enough.

Tony Blundetto
I'm hearing through the grapevine that his fitness isnt the best and he has a penchant for booze and Macdonalds..

That said, we need to look at any avenue for that bit of quality as it is going to get scarcer in years to come.

MountVernonBluenose
07-11-2010, 12:43
Dundee were splashing serious cash and using their contacts back then - this one is a different situation.

I may be wrong about Eremenko, I admit, but I just don't see him doing as well for ourselves as he'll look at Kilmarnock. Mental strength is the difference between a good Rangers player and an average or poor one, not ability.

You're spot on about mental strength but I actually think he'd be even better with us than he is with Kilmarnock because he'd have far better players round about him.

He first caught my eye against Celtic, he was outstanding that day. I've watched him a few times since then and followed Killie's match reports and more often than not he's man of the match.

This guy oozes class and I hope we're in for him.

Sir Duncan Ferguson
07-11-2010, 12:44

Caniggia was 33 at Dundee, not 27

blair_omnibus
07-11-2010, 12:44

His age, money & who he played for.

Caniggia situation is so far removed from Eremenko's, they're not even remotely related.

White Cafu
07-11-2010, 12:45
Sure he's out of contract at the end of the season, may be a cheap option for something different

strider
07-11-2010, 12:46

I think the money makes it slightly different, personally, but fair enough - there are similarities I suppose.

I just don't believe Eremenko is even close to Caniggia in terms of ability or attitude, though.

RangersExo_Trela
07-11-2010, 12:50

Prso, Bougherra, Drogba, Solskjaer etc they didnt start playing for the big teams straight away did they?

Next you will change the posts to "why are they being allowed to leave a big club?"

iaatpies
07-11-2010, 12:52
His age, money & who he played for.

Caniggia situation is so far removed from Eremenko's, they're not even remotely related.

I dont believe it is.

Caniggia was obviously a far better player than Eremenko but both had been seen as potentially disruptive influences, both had needed first team football and both made surprising moves to unfancied SPL sides, doing well enough to attract interest for elsewhere.

For the right money? Eremenko would be a decent deal.

Sir Duncan Ferguson
07-11-2010, 12:53
Prso, Bougherra, Drogba, Solskjaer etc they didnt start playing for the big teams straight away did they?

Next you will change the posts to "why are they being allowed to leave a big club?"

Solksjaer was 22 when he signed for United.
Prso was 24 when he signed for Monaco
Drogba was playing in Ligue 1 at the age of 23 and at Marseille by the age of 25.

Eremenko on the other hand is 27 & played for seven clubs in nine years.

Are we basing signing him on the evidence of 5 or 6 games for Killie ?

Earth Worm Jim
07-11-2010, 12:55
as long as he isnt a trouble maker, then does his past really matter?

he is strolling it in the league we play in and thats all that matters right now. There is no doubt he would improve our squad

strider
07-11-2010, 12:57

he is strolling it in the league we play in and thats all that matters right now. There is no doubt he would improve our squad

I think there's serious doubt - playing for Killie doesn't compare to playing for Rangers in any way.

He might do well, but I wouldn't think it's a certainty. Given his past, some doubts over his mentality, and the fact that he's not as good as the likes of Edu, Davis or even McCulloch, I'd much rather see players like Hutton, Ness and others developed in that area than sign him.

MountVernonBluenose
07-11-2010, 13:03

This.

Strong as an ox, comfortable on the ball, can pass with both feet and his goal last week was absolutely sublime, he literally passed the ball into the net from 30 yards out.

Easily the best foreigner to play in our league (outwith the Old Firm) since Franck Sauzee was smoking cigars at Hibs.

Sir Duncan Ferguson
07-11-2010, 13:06
This.

Strong as an ox, comfortable on the ball, can pass with both feet and his goal last week was absolutely sublime, he literally passed the ball into the net from 30 yards out.

Easily the best foreigner to play in our league (outwith the Old Firm) since Franck Sauzee was smoking cigars at Hibs.

Nemsadze and Latapy were both far better players than Eremenko.

flood
07-11-2010, 13:14
He is on loan at Killie until the summer and apparently Killie are not paying anything for him. The Russian team are just wanting him playing so teams will look at buying him. The Russian league is cash rich at the minute and Metalist Kharkiv replaced him with a £10m player IIRC.

He is probably the most skillful player in the SPL just now. Also remember that your current star man played at Killie and that did not do him any harm!

El Guaje
07-11-2010, 13:17
This.

Steady on ffs, he's played how many games so far?

He's got ability but let's see if he has consistency

GingerFurball
07-11-2010, 13:21
He is probably the most skillful player in the SPL just now. Also remember that your current star man played at Killie and that did not do him any harm!

Also remember that Naismith (and Whittaker) were regarded as 2 of the best players outwith the Old Firm and it took them a long time to get settled at the club. We could afford to wait with them because we'll now hopefully get their best years, that's not a luxury we can afford with someone like Eremenko.

mwellger
07-11-2010, 13:31
He's got a really classy streak about him.

He'll go to Killie permanently I think cos of big Mixu.

We don't need him anyway.

Not on 17k a week he won't :D

Prosinecki
07-11-2010, 13:50
edit. wrong topic

larrydavidloyal
07-11-2010, 14:01
He cannot run. Can we end these threads on the lazy, overweight Russell Latapy please?!

blair_omnibus
07-11-2010, 14:04
I dont believe it is.

Caniggia was obviously a far better player than Eremenko but both had been seen as potentially disruptive influences, both had needed first team football and both made surprising moves to unfancied SPL sides, doing well enough to attract interest for elsewhere.

Caniggia a disruptive influence?

I'd love to read the evidence on that.

I'd rather play Fleck & Naismith instead of wasting money on this one.

Allez
07-11-2010, 14:06
Not for me, as good as he is technically. He doesn't seem to have the right attitude.

wilso10
07-11-2010, 14:47
He actually look's like a very good player, his goal against Hearts last week was a sublime finish and his free-kick from about 25-30 yards out a few week's ago was brilliantly converted.

It's clear to see the guy has ability, he's either just been unlucky in his career or never bothered fully applying himself.

Would he be a good signing for us? I think he would, he'd certainly do no harm in being a squad player in what is already a dangerously thin squad.

He has everything about him that we lack if anything, a bit of finesse and flair.

MountVernonBluenose
07-11-2010, 15:29
He actually look's like a very good player, his goal against Hearts last week was a sublime finish and his free-kick from about 25-30 yards out a few week's ago was brilliantly converted.

It's clear to see the guy has ability, he's either just been unlucky in his career or never bothered fully applying himself.

Would he be a good signing for us? I think he would, he'd certainly do no harm in being a squad player in what is already a dangerously thin squad.

He has everything about him that we lack if anything, a bit of finesse and flair.

Great post. <wheresthethumbsupsmiley>

MountVernonBluenose
07-11-2010, 21:16
Nemsadze and Latapy were both far better players than Eremenko.

I said outwith the Old Firm.:roll:

El Guaje
07-11-2010, 21:18

Latapy was better than him when he was with Falkirk and he was about 40. Strolled it almost every week.

CertifiedWeissfanboy
07-11-2010, 21:19
Seen a lot of him when he was at Lecce years ago. Good player, capable of good things, but talk of him as 'special' etc is way off. Would probably be a decent enough signing for £500k or around that, but not a player that bothers me either way.

Prosinecki
07-11-2010, 21:24
If we did sign him, McCulloch/Edu would have to cover for him as he rarely tracks back.

That said, he has very good vision and can cut defences in half with his precise passing, also our set piece play would benefit a lot from having him on the pitch.

Here's a good sample of what he can do. Nice chip to release the striker one on one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vd_JXh4iDgM

For 300-400k I'd say go for it..

Sir Duncan Ferguson
07-11-2010, 21:25

Latapy at Hibs and Falkirk not count ?

Cause Latapy was shite for us.

James Clark
07-11-2010, 21:27
I dont believe it is.

Bang on.Hes a player and for a small fee would be a good addition imo.

Prosinecki
07-11-2010, 21:33

I'd say he'd be ideal to finish (no pun intended) off sides like St. Mirren who only try to slow the tempo and break up the play.

larrydavidloyal
07-11-2010, 21:35
Who out of our team drops out so this waster can stroll about the park in attack and disappear waving at opponents as they run by him when we don't have the ball?

Sir Duncan Ferguson
07-11-2010, 21:37

How small a fee do you think we'd get him for.

He's under contract for another two years.

You're looking at £1m+ for starters.

wilso10
07-11-2010, 21:37
Latapy was better than him when he was with Falkirk and he was about 40. Strolled it almost every week.

Are you basing that on the 5 or 6 appearances you have seen of Eremenko? :confused:

gerz1873
07-11-2010, 21:38
Might be worth a punt as as a squad player or impact player off the bench. in saying that if hes on 17 grand a week forget it

TPABear
never good enough rangers

Invicta_Loyal04
This guy is on 17k per week. We could barely afford half that.

Non starter.

James Clark
07-11-2010, 21:41
How small a fee do you think we'd get him for.

He's under contract for another two years.

You're looking at £1m+ for starters.

I thought it was the last year of his deal.I suppose these kind of clubs arent in the businesss of doing bargains really.But he is a good player and if the price was right then id take him.

Prosinecki
07-11-2010, 21:43
I'm sure the Ukrainian side that holds his contract would let him go for a reasonable price. As for Eremenko himself, he'd jump at the chance to join a club of our stature and money would not be a problem. He's trying to kick start his career after all.

wilso10
07-11-2010, 21:49
This guy is on 17k per week. We could barely afford half that.

Non starter.

1) We could afford half that.

2) What's to say he wouldn't be willing to negotiate a wage drop if it meant a chance to play at a club of our stature and maybe restart his career?

El Guaje
07-11-2010, 21:50
Are you basing that on the 5 or 6 appearances you have seen of Eremenko? :confused:

What do you want me to base it on? :confused:

Tony Blundetto
07-11-2010, 21:51
why is it that folk automatically think if youve got a fancy sounding name, your a good player?

loads of vowels,must be good? FFS

wilso10
07-11-2010, 21:52
What do you want me to base it on? :confused:

He's 27 years old, he's been playing football for a long time, have you then therefore seen him play earlier in his career to make such a bold statement?

daviecoopersleftpeg
07-11-2010, 21:55
This guy looks a very decent player.

Ran the show for Killie against us in the CIS Cup and was easily the best player on the park that night.

On the evidence i have seen,he would do a job.

El Guaje
07-11-2010, 21:57
He's 27 years old, he's been playing football for a long time, have you then therefore seen him play earlier in his career to make such a bold statement?

A bold statement :D

The boldest statement in the thread was the guy who claimed he;s the best foreigner outside the old firm in years...based on '5 or 6 appearances'.

I think he's a good player from what I've seen, I think Latapy was better. What's the problem?

Prosinecki
07-11-2010, 21:57
why is it that folk automatically think if youve got a fancy sounding name, your a good player?

Probably the silliest post of the month. :roll:

wilso10
07-11-2010, 22:01
A bold statement :D

The boldest statement in the thread was the guy who claimed he;s the best foreigner outside the old firm in years...based on '5 or 6 appearances'.

I think he's a good player from what I've seen, I think Latapy was better. What's the problem?

Well it's just you stated "Latapy was a better player" now you're telling me you think Latapy was better, that's fine you are entitled to your opinion like we all are I just wanted to clarify as to why you made your initial comment, no problem.

Basing that on 5 or 6 appearances seem's a tad excessive to me however.

belly2103
07-11-2010, 22:06
Eric Skora was the same, now look at him.

avoid him.

Bobster
07-11-2010, 22:06
He is on loan at Killie until the summer and apparently Killie are not paying anything for him. The Russian team are just wanting him playing so teams will look at buying him. The Russian league is cash rich at the minute and Metalist Kharkiv replaced him with a £10m player IIRC.

Kharkiv are from Ukraine.

wilso10
07-11-2010, 22:09
Eric Skora was the same, now look at him.

avoid him.

What do you mean he was the same? Same type of player? Does that somehow mean Eremenko will go down the same route at Skora?

Strange post.

MountVernonBluenose
07-11-2010, 23:09
Latapy at Hibs and Falkirk not count ?

Cause Latapy was shite for us.

http://www.ultimatepartyshop.com/shopimages/products/normal/96777.jpg

"Calm Down, Calm Down"

When I said outwith the Old Firm I meant players that hadn't played for either them or us at any time - That's why I went for Franck Sauzee.;)

Iceberg Slim
07-11-2010, 23:10

I see MagicDeBoer / Semper / etc etc etc is back

OnlyOneAmoruso
07-11-2010, 23:17
He's absolutely a Russell Latapy type for me. I don't think he would amount to anything playing for us.

Would like to see more players like this coming to the SPL though. It at least makes things a bit more interesting.

cjayn94
07-11-2010, 23:27
I think he could do a job for us as well every time I see him playing for Killie he's been the stand out player good eye for goal and can cut open the defence with some great passing.

DjurgardenBear
07-11-2010, 23:44
He was good enough for us before he joined Killie, and guess what? He's still good enough.

Blundetto's post above is laughable :D

Again, folk who don't keep up with football outwith Scotland are running their mouth without thinking - I mean Eric Skora? C'mon tae ****! :D

GingerFurball
07-11-2010, 23:47
It's easy being a "standout" for shite like Kilmarnock - all you have to do is destroy a St Mirren or a Hamilton, and put in one stand out performance against either one of the Old Firm. No-one will remember the 20 or so shite games you'll have a season.

It's a far different kettle of fish playing for us or Celtic. You can't afford games where you're a passenger.

For those advocating a cheeky bid for this guy, why? I think he's quite a talented player, but who in our side does he displace? He's not better than Davis or Naismith, and he's a different type of player to McCulloch and Edu.

DjurgardenBear
07-11-2010, 23:53
For those advocating a cheeky bid for this guy, why? I think he's quite a talented player, but who in our side does he displace? He's not better than Davis or Naismith, and he's a different type of player to McCulloch and Edu.

He'd be a cracking squad player, but his wage demands won't match what we can offer for a squad player. He's no better than our Davis and McCulloch/Edu partnership.

flood
08-11-2010, 00:25
It's easy being a "standout" for shite like Kilmarnock - all you have to do is destroy a St Mirren or a Hamilton, and put in one stand out performance against either one of the Old Firm. No-one will remember the 20 or so shite games you'll have a season.

Just like Boyd or Naismith?

Blue Tack
20-11-2010, 14:35
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexei_Eremenko

JohnDarwinsCanoe
20-11-2010, 14:39
Doesn't look particularly impressive to me. (His Wiki I mean)

Blue Tack
20-11-2010, 14:43
Disregard the wiki,its only to show his background,its not important as hes took the pi sh out us today,yes we have amplified his perceived skill levels with our ineptitude but as stated he's not a bad player,put it this way he could walk into our mf on his showing today

rellymr
20-11-2010, 16:01
Given our dependence on Davis for creativity I'd be delighted if we picked him up in January. Only 27. Yes we gave him lots of time and space today but he still,had the quality to use it. Was very impressed.

wjm796
20-11-2010, 16:02
Whisper this. He is actually not that good.:ninja:

gertwin
20-11-2010, 16:03
Is he not a bit of a bampot off the field?

charlie chalk
If we had an anyways half decent scouting system then we'd have picked guys like this up. He has 40 odd caps for Finland FFS, he's hardly a hidden gem.

BluenoseLoyal&True
Made to look good by a midfield and team who couldn't get near him.

BannsideBear
20-11-2010, 16:04
We did sit off him a bit today, and McCulloch should have been tighter on him at times.

However, his passing and vision was excellent. The ball threaded through for their second was top notch, how many times did he carve open our defence today? He is certainly a very good player.

The laffbot
20-11-2010, 16:05
Made to look good by a midfield and team who couldn't get near him.

Looks good everytime i have seen him.

charlie chalk
20-11-2010, 16:05

Whisper this back. Neither is McCulloch.

Valley Bluenose
20-11-2010, 16:06

Best you do whisper because on today's performance (first time I've really watched him) he looks like a decent enough player. Certainly worth keeping an eye on if only to see if it was a flash-in-the-pan performance.

Faded badly late in the game but I don't know if that's a fitness thing or simply that Killie were struggling to keep shape with 10 men.

wjm796
20-11-2010, 16:06
Whisper this back. Neither is McCulloch.

What does Lee McCulloch have to do with this thread? :confused:

wjm796
20-11-2010, 16:07
Best you do whisper because on today's performance (first time I've really watched him) he looks like a decent enough player. Certainly worth keeping an eye on if only to see if it was a flash-in-the-pan performance.

Faded badly late in the game but I don't know if that's a fitness thing or simply that Killie were struggling to keep shape with 10 men.

He is dime a dozen mate, I have seen players like this come and go, Some of them even played for us. Kevin Harpder, Adamczuk, Latapy, Kingston.

He is decent and not much more. He wouldn't get a game for us.

BluenoseLoyal&True
Who would Eremenko replace in the Rangers team, where would he play?

The laffbot

Not that good? But can keep the ball better than any of our players and pick out better passes than any of our players. interesting.....

Whitey_22
20-11-2010, 16:08
He was excellent first half, but we got to grips with a bit more in the second, perhaps the extra man helped with that though.

wjm796
20-11-2010, 16:09
Not that good? But can keep the ball better than any of our player and pick out better passes than any of our players. interesting.....

No, No he cant. Davis is a better player than him. Weiss is a better player than him. Naismith is a better player than him.

That is kind of players we would be looking to drop to play him.

imager
20-11-2010, 16:10
He dies on his ar.se in the second half of every game, wont train, is the size of a transit van and is at Killie for a reason.

realger34
20-11-2010, 16:10
He played well today

Kilmarnock have been on a good run and maybe its down to him and the Big man up front

rellymr
20-11-2010, 16:11
We did sit off him a bit today, and McCulloch should have been tighter on him at times.

However, his passing and vision was excellent. The ball threaded through for their second was top notch, how many times did he carve open our defence today? He is certainly a very good player.

100% agree with what you said

The laffbot
No, No he cant. Davis is a better player than him. Weiss is a better player than him. Naismith is a better player than him.

That is kind of players we would be looking to drop to play him.

Today proved he can though bossed the midfield easily. Today we needed a player who could make that defence splitting pass, he could of done that. Just because he is at killie doesn't mean he is a bad player.

Professor_Chaos
If we had an anyways half decent scouting system then we'd have picked guys like this up. He has 40 odd caps for Finland FFS, he's hardly a hidden gem.

Obviously, that's why he's playing for Kilmarnock.

BluenoseLoyal&True
His fitness levels are appauling.

wjm796
20-11-2010, 16:13
Today proved he can though bossed the midfield easily. Today we needed a player who could make that defence splitting pass, he could of done that. Just because he is at killie doesn't mean he is a bad player.

You have said he is better than Davis today.

He is an average player at best who is in decent form and has been spoken about in the media. Because of that people start to speak about him and then the easily influenced start to hype them up and soon becomes the case that people think the player is something they are not.

jjbrfc
20-11-2010, 16:14
Technically he looks very good. Not convinced he is mobile enough or fit enough to be all that effective for us.

crackout
20-11-2010, 16:16
He dies on his ar.se in the second half of every game, wont train, is the size of a transit van and is at Killie for a reason.

Basically.

He has a hell of a lot of talent, and always has. He was expected to be as good as Litmanen when he was younger, but he doesn't turn up mentally most weeks. He wasn't bad for Saturn in Russia, but he was largely allowed to do whatever the hell he wanted.

If he actually started to work on his game, he would be an excellent signing. But he won't. He'll shine in a team of average players most weeks, and fade into the background of any half decent side 90% of the time.

thebluesea
20-11-2010, 16:16
His fitness levels are appalling.

This I agree with.

However he's got ability. He can see a pass and makes the game look easy at times.

We're short in the middle and he won't be on big wages. We could do a lot worse imo

Emearg
20-11-2010, 16:17
Not bad player, but seems to have little stamina

blair_omnibus
20-11-2010, 16:18
He looked decent but Ross Tolkley would have looked good playing that role against us today.

Jaws II

Are you blind did you watch the game, have you seen any of his other games, the guy out played our midfield.

The laffbot
You have said he is better than Davis today.

He is an average player at best who is in decent form and has been spoken about in the media. Because of that people start to speak about him and then the easily influenced start to hype them up and soon becomes the case that people think the player is something they are not.

Seen him play way before he was at kilmarnock and is alot better than average imo, but has obviously had an attitude problem wich is why he is playing where he is now. I think he would improve our team but looks like we will have to agree to disagree.

DjurgardenBear
20-11-2010, 16:21
He's not fit enough for Rangers, and it's not something that is likely to change as he's struggled for a few years now.

First 60 minutes, head and shoulders above anything we had to offer. A player of his ability would be welcome at Ibrox, a player of his fitness, not.

Simple as that really, anyone suggesting he's not talented enough should give up watching fitba. ;)

crackout
20-11-2010, 16:21
This I agree with.

However he's got ability. He can see a pass and makes the game look easy at times.

We're short in the middle and he won't be on big wages. We could do a lot worse imo

He is on £20,000 a week. Killie are paying nothing for the loan.

Prosinecki
20-11-2010, 16:22
I'd say his worth keeping an eye on. We need someone who's good at set pieces and Eeremenko's just that. Not saying I'd built the team around him but he could be good option to field when necessary.

wjm796
20-11-2010, 16:22
Are you blind did you watch the game, have you seen any of his other games, the guy out played our midfield.

Yes. Yes I did. It will take more than one game against us to make me think this player is good. The reaction to this guy is knee jerk. He would not get near our first team.

Seen him play way before he was at kilmarnock and is alot better than average imo, but has obviously had an attitude problem wich is why he is playing where he is now. I think he would improve our team but looks like we will have to agree to disagree.

Better player than Steven Davis.:roll:

Mr Super Bad
20-11-2010, 16:23
Just back from RP and can only go on what I saw - he bossed that game today.

rosstheger
20-11-2010, 16:25
Controlled the game today.

Would easily walk into our team based on today's performance.

The laffbot
20-11-2010, 16:26
Yes. Yes I did. It will take more than one game against us to make me think this player is good. The reaction to this guy is knee jerk. He would not get near our first team.

He has been great in most other games this season aswell and seems to be getting better. Today he played miles better than davis and has probably had more decent games than davis this season in the spl.

wjm796
20-11-2010, 16:27
He has been great in most other games this season aswell and seems to be getting better. Today he played miles better than davis and has probably had more decent games than davis this season in the spl.

He is not a better player than Steven Davis though, come on admit it was a silly thing to say.

wacaktb
20-11-2010, 16:28
Best player on the park by a mile today, absolute class act.

Tony Blundetto
He has the skill we all agree.

Many saying he isnt the fittest, okay.

Prosinecki , did he have fitness?

Id take eremenko what have we got to lose?

Coop711
not a great player. was given so much space by us today - he had it easy in that respect and we made him look decent.

Whitey_22

Based on their respective form this season he has been far better than Davis to be honest.

And I don't think it's knee jerk, the guy's been a class above for Killie for 14 SPL matches so far.

Top_Cat
His fitness levels are appauling.

Yup, he reminds me of Pikey McCourt, appalling lack of fitness

Professor_Chaos
20-11-2010, 16:29
He has the skill we all agree.

Many saying he isnt the fittest, okay.

Prosinecki , did he have fitness?

Id take eremenko what have we got to lose?

Aye, that seems like a reasonable comparison.

The laffbot
20-11-2010, 16:30
He is not a better player than Steven Davis though, come on admit it was a silly thing to say.

Not at all football is about opinions and that is my opinion. I'm not saying davis is a bad player i think he is also quality but i just belive eremenko has that extra bit of class about him and if he could work on his fitness could be even better.

rosstheger
There's absolutely no doubt he has ability.

Steve Davis has been shocking at times this year.

Tony Blundetto
Aye, that seems like a reasonable comparison.

Nobodys asking you.:roll:

jdm1873
20-11-2010, 16:31
I was impressed by him today.

He had so much room and his passing was excellent. Our midfield should have been tighter but I have a feeling he would still have destroyed Davis and McCulloch.

He tired in the 2nd half but he did still pick out some great passes.

On a seperate note the homecoming pies were excellent.

Professor_Chaos
20-11-2010, 16:31
Nobodys asking you.:roll:

Oh I am sorry, you didn't specify which posters could read and/or reply to your posts.

bluesandroyals
20-11-2010, 16:32
He is on £20,000 a week. Killie are paying nothing for the loan.heard this too from a killie fan,decent player but not worth 20 grand a week,he can hardly run.

wjm796
Based on their respective form this season he has been far better than Davis to be honest.

And I don't think it's knee jerk, the guy's been a class above for Killie for 14 SPL matches so far.

Have you seen all of his Kilmarnock games? all 10 of them.

rosstheger
People are writing him off because he plays for Kilmarnock.

The laffbot
20-11-2010, 16:33

Exactly that mate spot on.

wjm796
20-11-2010, 16:34

Maybe it is because he is 27 and not done much in his career?

Professor_Chaos
20-11-2010, 16:35

It's mainly because he's playing for Kilmarnock at 27, having done little in his career to stand out in the past.

Whitey_22
20-11-2010, 16:35
Have you seen all of his Kilmarnock games? all 10 of them.

I have plenty of mates who support Killie who say this guy is the best they've seen at Killie in a long time. And I've seen plenty of their highlights and he's always involved in their goals, there's hardly a Killie goal scored that he doesn't have a big hand in creating. He's got something and you're being foolish to dismiss his talent.

Professor_Chaos
20-11-2010, 16:36
I have plenty of mates who support Killie who say this guy is the best they've seen at Killie in a long time. And I've seen plenty of their highlights and he's always involved in their goals, there's hardly a Killie goal scored that he doesn't have a big hand in creating. He's got something and you're being foolish to dismiss his talent.

The phrase 'damned by faint praise' springs to mind.

The laffbot
20-11-2010, 16:36
Maybe it is because he is 27 and not done much in his career?

Things havn't worked out for him in the past so what? If you can't see he is a quality player you should try a new sport.

rosstheger
20-11-2010, 16:38
It's mainly because he's playing for Kilmarnock at 27, having done little in his career to stand out in the past.

That's irrelevant.

Whitey_22
20-11-2010, 16:38
The phrase 'damned by faint praise' springs to mind.

You not rate Naismith then?

Professor_Chaos
20-11-2010, 16:39
That's irrelevant.

What is? That he's done nothing in his career to date to suggest he's good enough for a level higher than the one he's currently at?

He's the new Rudi Skacel.

wjm796

Something, yes a decent talent and not much more.

Things havn't worked out for him in the past so what? If you can't see he is a quality player you should try a new sport.

Quallity. A quality player. A quality player to me. Hey maybe I am mental is someone like Xavi, Fabregas, lets go down lower and even say Davis is close to quality.

Ermenenko is a player who can do it now and then. But not often enough. The guy is a decent player and not much more.

Professor_Chaos
You not rate Naismith then?

You'll have to explain that comparison, because it doesn't work.

Whitey_22
20-11-2010, 16:41
You'll have to explain that comparison, because it doesn't work.

I'm saying the Killie fans rate him higher than Naismith for them.

The laffbot
20-11-2010, 16:42
Something, yes a decent talent and not much more.

Quallity. A quality player. A quality player to me. Hey maybe I am mental is someone like Xavi, Fabregas, lets go down lower and even say Davis is close to quality.

Ermenenko is a player who can do it now and then. But not often enough. The guy is a decent player and not much more.

No they are world class players. Eremenko has done it now and then more than davis this season, His quality is showing in our league wich is poor and it is obvious to see.

Professor_Chaos

Good for them. If he achieves what Naismith did at Kilmarnock, then we'll talk about him being good enough for Rangers.

crackout

I'm writing him off because he has done absolutely nothing new to deserve to be even looked at. Plenty of European clubs have looked at him in the past, including the filth a few years ago, and all have come to the same conclusion.

He always impresses on a team of lesser players, put any quality around him and he disappears. Arguments can be made about lack of chances in his early career, but he played pretty much every week in Russia and didn't do much of note. He ended up moving to the Ukraine... and now they have loaned him out twice, paying his entire wages. He apparently had a good loan spell in Finland, but that didn't stop them from dumping him to Scotland.

If his fitness had improved then I would consider taking a chance on him, because then at least he is showing something that he hasn't done in the past. However, at £20k a week, it isn't worth the risk. Even more so considering that it is going to cost a lot more than £20k a week to match his take home wage considering the tax situations in both countries.

blair_omnibus
20-11-2010, 16:43
What is? That he's done nothing in his career to date to suggest he's good enough for a level higher than the one he's currently at?

He's the new Rudi Skacel.

A player who became so bad after a 9 match purple patch that he was last yielded as a failed fullback down the leagues in England.

Both are decent players at best.

Using superlatives like 'a class above' are massively overstepping any kind of realism.

wjm796
20-11-2010, 16:43
No they are world class players. Eremenko has done it now and then more than davis this season, He quality is showing in our league wich is poor and it is obvious to see.

He is the white Russel Latapy.

Stop comparing him to Davis it is embarrassing.

The laffbot
20-11-2010, 16:44
He is the white Russel Latapy.

Stop comparing him to Davis it is embarrassing.

Ok then mate. It's my opinion and i will stick to it unless i see a reason to belive otherwise. Going by this season he looks the better player.

blair_omnibus
20-11-2010, 16:45

I can assure you that he won't achieve half od what Naismith did at Kilmarnock & Naismith has already done far more in his career then Eremenko despite Eremenko having a good few years head start.

Whitey_22
20-11-2010, 16:45
Good for them. If he achieves what Naismith did at Kilmarnock, then we'll talk about him being good enough for Rangers.

What did Naismith achieve at Killie exactly? Getting to the League Cup final was his biggest achievement at Killie (pumped 5-1 from Hibs). His performances were excellent and got him a deserved move though. If Eremenko is doing similar (and Killie fans think he is) he deserves a bit of credit for it IMO.

Professor_Chaos
20-11-2010, 16:49
What did Naismith achieve at Killie exactly? Getting to the League Cup final was his biggest achievement at Killie (pumped 5-1 from Hibs). His performances were excellent and got him a deserved move though. If Eremenko is doing similar (and Killie fans think he is) he deserves a bit of credit for it IMO.

Eh, he scored over 30 goals in two seasons for Kilmarnock, before he turned 21.

Prosinecki
20-11-2010, 16:49
I'm writing him off because he has done absolutely nothing new to deserve to be even looked at. Plenty of European clubs have looked at him in the past, including the filth a few years ago, and all have come to the same conclusion.

He always impresses on a team of lesser players, put any quality around him and he disappears. Arguments can be made about lack of chances in his early career, but he played pretty much every week in Russia and didn't do much of note. He ended up moving to the Ukraine... and now they have loaned him out twice, paying his entire wages. He apparently had a good loan spell in Finland, but that didn't stop them from dumping him to Scotland.

If his fitness had improved then I would consider taking a chance on him, because then at least he is showing something that he hasn't done in the past. However, at £20k a week, it isn't worth the risk. Even more so considering that it is going to cost a lot more than £20k a week to match his take home wage considering the tax situations in both countries.

Best goal scorer in the (european) qualifiers for the 2006 world cup. Has played in Serie A. 13 goals in 43 international appearances translates as absolutely nothing?

We've had players with worse cv's, a lot worse.

The laffbot
20-11-2010, 16:51
Best goal scorer in the (european) qualifiers for the 2006 world cup. Has played in Serie A. 13 goals in 43 international appearances translates as absolutely nothing?

http://www.worldofstock.com/slides/CON1210.jpg

Southside_Shug
20-11-2010, 16:56
He is on £20,000 a week. Killie are paying nothing for the loan.

Killie are paying £1,000 to him per week....;)

crackout
20-11-2010, 16:58

He was the top goalscorer for Finland in the 2006 World Cup qualifiers, with 7 goals against Macedonia, Armenia and Andorra. Nothing of note elsewhere.

He "played" in Italy for Lecce, where he was a substitute for a side that got relegated. Despite falling to Serie B, Lecce decided to sell him to Saturn for next to nothing. So basically, despite doing okay for Finland at the time, he couldn't get into his poor club side.

I'm not saying he has done nothing, I said he has done absolutely nothing new, and it is right.

blair_omnibus
20-11-2010, 17:01
He was the top goalscorer for Finland in the 2006 World Cup qualifiers, with 7 goals against Macedonia, Armenia and Andorra. Nothing of note elsewhere.

He "played" in Italy for Lecce, where he was a substitute for a side that got relegated. Despite falling to Serie B, Lecce decided to sell him to Saturn for next to nothing. So basically, despite doing okay for Finland at the time, he couldn't get into his poor club side.

I'm not saying he has done nothing, I said he has done absolutely nothing new, and it is right.

Wooft, perceived stats ripped to bits.

There's yer dinner.

The laffbot
20-11-2010, 17:07

There's yer dinner.

Doesn't change the fact that he is playing great in the spl and with better players around him could be better. For that reason i think we should be looking at him, who knows maybe we are.

Tony Blundetto
20-11-2010, 17:07

Never mind all those actual facts my man, you need to toe the FF line, hes an unfit waster compared to our all-conquering fitness fanatic pentathetes:D

No player who cant run all day can be any good.....Platini, Prosinescki,Boban, Zico............

two2tango
20-11-2010, 17:09
he is football player no doubt, great touch awreness, passing

excatly what we miss.

id try to sign him january

he would defo help to break down teams at ibrox

Professor_Chaos
20-11-2010, 17:21

And of course, the little fact of the World Cup 2006 qualifiers being played five and six years ago.

The laffbot
20-11-2010, 17:24
And of course, the little fact of the World Cup 2006 qualifiers being played five and six years ago.

Wait a minute people were judging him for supposedly doing nothing in his career so then someone brings up some stats from his past and you go on about it happening 5 and 6 years ago. :blink: Only on ff :D

blair_omnibus
20-11-2010, 17:25
Doesn't change the fact that he is playing great in the spl and with better players around him could be better. For that reason i think we should be looking at him, who knows maybe we are.

I'd rather we blood our own youth than give big wages to someone who has a history of doing very little.

wjm796
20-11-2010, 17:25
Wait a minute people were judging him for supposedly doing nothing in his career so then someone brings up some stats from his past and you go on about it happening 5 and 6 years ago. :blink: Only on ff :D

Where as Ermenenko being in better form for Davis for 10 games makes him a better player than Davis going by your logic.:roll:

Professor_Chaos
20-11-2010, 17:26

Yup, he scored some goals for Finland against some diddy international teams, at least 5 years ago. He's done f**k all since.

So what have we learned? Well, when he was about 22, he played well for a bit. He's now 27, and has done nothing of note for five years, except now be 'quite good' for Kilmarnock.

Bill the Butcher
20-11-2010, 17:26

His offensive capabilities were curtailed as soon as they went to ten men, I don't think he faded, his role changed.

The laffbot
20-11-2010, 17:27
Where as Ermenenko being in better form for Davis for 10 games makes him a better player than Davis going by your logic.:roll:

This season Eremenko is better than davis correct. :D

wjm796
20-11-2010, 17:28

I said going by your logic. Which is clearly that of some one who attempts to eat DVDs.

Prosinecki
20-11-2010, 17:29

There's yer dinner.

Yeah, that's me put in my place awright. Cause we've got money to burn and can do so much better. :roll:

The laffbot
20-11-2010, 17:29
Yup, he scored some goals for Finland against some diddy international teams, at least 5 years ago. He's done f**k all since.

So what have we learned? Well, when he was about 22, he played well for a bit. He's now 27, and has done nothing of note for five years, except now be 'quite good' for Kilmarnock.

Does that not mean he can't turn his career around wich is what the move to kilmarnock seemed to be for and he is doing well. I think a bigger club will pick him up soon and there is no reason for rangers not to take a closer look at him.

Professor_Chaos
20-11-2010, 17:32
Does that not mean he can't turn his career around wich is what the move to kilmarnock seemed to be for and he is doing well. I think a bigger club will pick him up soon and there is no reason for rangers not to take a closer look at him.

A bigger club than Kilmarnock? Like who?

Professor_Chaos
20-11-2010, 17:32
Yeah, that's me put in my place awright. Cause we've got money to burn and can do so much better. :roll:

We can do so much better, yes.

blair_omnibus
20-11-2010, 17:33

Why would we want to bring a guy in who is currently on more money than almost all of our squad?

Especially so one that has a career of being shite longer than he is good.

RFC_Sooty
20-11-2010, 17:33
He would do a job for us.

Prosinecki
20-11-2010, 17:34

And we have umpteen players who pull this sort of stuff out of their arses at will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vd_JXh4iDgM

El Guaje
20-11-2010, 17:35

Don't talk Craig Whyte

Davis is a different class to him

The laffbot
A bigger club than Kilmarnock? Like who?

A team like rangers. The spl is our bread and butter we need to win it every season and need players we no can perform on a weekly basis in it. That is exactly what he is doing in a lesser team. Put him in our midfield with davis and we would be a better team imo.

blair_omnibus
And we have umpteen players who pull this sort of stuff out of their arses at will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vd_JXh4iDgM

Sebo looks ace on youtube.

Funnily enough, there's no vidoes of his years of wilderness & nothings.

Professor_Chaos
20-11-2010, 17:36

Wow, an assist, that's pure amazing.

We've got Steve Davis who can do that. I'll stick with him thanks.

The laffbot
20-11-2010, 17:37
Don't talk Craig Whyte

Judging by todays game and the season so far i wouldn't say so.

20-11-2010, 17:38
Very impressed with him, best player we have played against domestically this season imo.

Göteborg-Rangers
20-11-2010, 17:38
The other season I saw some posters on here creaming over that Taouil.

Think I will not get to over excited by the guy. He is certainly not the first SPL to make an arse of our midfield at times and wont be the last.

Prosinecki
20-11-2010, 17:39
Why would we want to bring a guy in who is currently on more money than almost all of our squad?

Especially so one that has a career of being shite longer than he is good.

If Metalist are paying his wage now, would you think they are going to demand a ridicilous fee for him? and even more importantly if Eremenko is ready to play for Killie or a mediocre Finnish side to get his fitness back would you think he'd spurn the chance to play for us by asking silly wages?

This is his chance to get his career going again, I don't think he'll want to mess it up by being too greedy.

rez_1873
20-11-2010, 17:39
Don't talk Craig Whyte

He hasn't shown it this season.

Prosinecki
20-11-2010, 17:41
Wow, an assist, that's pure amazing.

We've got Steve Davis who can do that. I'll stick with him thanks.

And if he's not producing it or is injured then I'm sure Lee Mac will fill his place any given sunday.

Ace
20-11-2010, 17:45
Some amount of people talking pish in this thread. Probably the same type of people who said Novo and Caniggia were not good enough coming from Dundee.

The boy is a player, he ripped us to pieces at times today with a pure footballing brain, I think he would be a fantastic addition to the squad.

blair_omnibus
20-11-2010, 17:46
Some amount of people talking pish in this thread. Probably the same type of people who said Novo and Caniggia were not good enough coming from Dundee.

The boy is a player, he ripped us to pieces at times today with a pure footballing brain, I think he would be a fantastic addition to the squad.

You can't seriously be comparing Caniggia to Novo or Eremenko are you?

The laffbot
20-11-2010, 17:48

Sometimes i think people are watching a differant game to me, Not one player in our team can make the passes he does or has this vision. He would be great in our team with players like miller,jelavic,weiss infront of him.

El Guaje

Caniggia was world class, for the love of god.

Tony Blundetto
You can't seriously be comparing Caniggia to Novo or Eremenko are you?

Why cant he be serious?

:roll:

blair_omnibus
20-11-2010, 17:49
Why cant he be serious?

:roll:

Because it would be f*cking ridiculous.

Professor_Chaos
20-11-2010, 17:50
And if he's not producing it or is injured then I'm sure Lee Mac will fill his place any given sunday.

Again, another nonsensical comparison.

Are you actually of the opinion that Walter would play Eremenko and Davis in central midfield together?

The laffbot
20-11-2010, 17:50

No it wouldn't.

Ace
20-11-2010, 17:51

Mentioning 3 names in the same sentence means I'm comparing the players?

Stop trying to be a smart arse, if I was comparing the players - I'd compare the players. I was merely mentioning the fact that players coming from lesser seen teams very RARELY get a break from our fans - even though so many have proven them wrong.

The laffbot
20-11-2010, 17:52

Are you actually of the opinion that Walter would play Eremenko and Davis in central midfield together?

Weiss-edu-eremenko-davis

Davis was better on the right last season imo, Eremenko can controll a game much better than davis.

blair_omnibus
20-11-2010, 17:54
No it wouldn't.

Caniggia was a world class football all of his career who at the age of 33, moved to Dundee to pick up some massive wages.

He had a great time of it & got a move to us.

But he had proven his whole career that he was one of the top players in the world on his day.

Eremenko is a guy who has been poorer longer than he's been worthy.

They aren't even on the same planet in terms of calibre.

Prosinecki
20-11-2010, 17:54

Where did I say that?

My point dear caller is that Eremenko would be a worth while squad player. I think we're asking a hell of a lot from Davis right now. Having someone else aboard would give us the chance to rest Davis. It's a long season you know.

But that's just nonsense, right? :roll:

The laffbot
20-11-2010, 17:55
Caniggia was a world class football all of his career who at the age of 33, moved to Dundee to pick up some massive wages.

He had a great time of it & got a move to us.

But he had proven his whole career that he was one of the top players in the world on his day.

Eremenko is a guy who has been poorer longer than he's been worthy.

They aren't even on the same planet in terms of calibre.

I would agree with that one your right about caniggia, but i think eremenko can turn his career around and is good enough to play for us.

Professor_Chaos
20-11-2010, 17:56
Where did I say that?

My point dear caller is that Eremenko would be a worth while squad player. I think we're asking a hell of a lot from Davis right now. Having someone else aboard would give us the chance to rest Davis. It's a long season you know.

But that's just nonsense, right? :roll:

No, it's not nonsense. Suggesting that Eremenko is that player is nonsense.

Professor_Chaos
20-11-2010, 17:58
Mentioning 3 names in the same sentence means I'm comparing the players?
Stop trying to be a smart arse, if I was comparing the players - I'd compare the players. I was merely mentioning the fact that players coming from lesser seen teams very RARELY get a break from our fans - even though so many have proven them wrong.

Yes, that is literally a comparison.

wd1873
20-11-2010, 17:58
Goalllllllllllllllllllll 1-1

Wrong thread sorry :D

Prosinecki
20-11-2010, 17:59
No, it's not nonsense. Suggesting that Eremenko is that player is nonsense.

Yeah, what do I know. Being a native of Helsinki I've only followed his career since he made his debut in the Finnish league. :roll: