PDA

View Full Version : Platini at Celtic Park tomorrow.

carino
23-10-2010, 14:09
Platini will be at Celtic Park tomorrow.

I wonder why?

sregnar
23-10-2010, 14:10
Just heard this. Absolute joke

**** of a man!!

BeardyBear
23-10-2010, 14:12
With the scum's irish famine thing tomorrow what's the betting he's been invited over by Liewell in an orchestrated hope we sing out?

Don't give them the satisfaction bears.

iaatpies
23-10-2010, 14:13
Just heard this. Absolute joke

**** of a man!!

Platini?

He's the french head of UEFA and has little knowledge of, or regard for, Scottish football. How is he a **** of a man?

superbear
23-10-2010, 14:13
Time to box clever.

The Submariner
23-10-2010, 14:14
to give TGFITW an award for their work in helping to eradicate famine, AIDS and Childabuse?

Stuart_WATP
He's only there to see the Rangers.

bluenosecaby
Oh the joy and one wonders what his comments will be when the Great unwashed launch there dole money and 5 for a pound lighters onto the park when we fck them off the park... and score a third goal in the 92 minute of the game...

Stivenstoune
23-10-2010, 14:16
I he another one of those "famous" sellik fhans?

2longinxile
23-10-2010, 14:16
he heard the gallowgate galacticos will be the next lisbon lions ,he is a stupid khunt .

stonedandhappy
23-10-2010, 14:18
WOnder what he'll think about the IRAoke

bluedemon
This is the beginning, people. He has been invited by the PR mhasters of Opus Dei chicanery. He is there to witness our fans "allegedly" misbehaving to the extent that we are kicked out of Europe. Make no mistake, the chretins are having a moment of complete meltdown again. Lhenny must not be made to witness the "unimaginable" occur and have us actually succeed where Herr Liewell and his cronies had anticipated zero points on our behalf. We will not be allowed to win the SPL this year, nor advance to the group stages. Mark my words.

Arveladzes Shuffle
He's only there to see the Rangers.

Beat me to that:D

km2008
he will know all about celtic if we win. implosion or timplosion. the good old love in will disappear

PerthPastMaster
23-10-2010, 14:19
It is well known that Platini as a kid, had the famous Celtic subbuteo team.......and his ancestors escaped to France as the famine took hold:angel:

The Submariner
Whilst I agree that we need to be careful with our song choice tomorrow, lets hope Platini doesnt have selective hearing and manages to hear and understand some of the shite that they come out with.

It is a double edge sword that the Tims may end up falling on as well.

dublinbear
I hope he arrives wrapped in his national flag.

BlueKaiser
23-10-2010, 14:20
Is lennon signing him as well ? FFS that fat ginger prick will buy anyone

amabluestar
23-10-2010, 14:21
Time to box clever.

Too right it is. It will be us he will be watching.:(
No doubt he will be well pampered by Liewell and his child molesting friends.

iaatpies
23-10-2010, 14:21
This is the beginning, people. He has been invited by the PR mhasters of Opus Dei chicanery. He is there to witness our fans "allegedly" misbehaving to the extent that we are kicked out of Europe. Make no mistake, the chretins are having a moment of complete meltdown again. Lhenny must not be made to witness the "unimaginable" occur and have us actually succeed where Herr Liewell and his cronies had anticipated zero points on our behalf. We will not be allowed to win the SPL this year, nor advance to the group stages. Mark my words.

The bad men are out to get us. Jesus, can we not keep the paranoid bogeymen stories until NEXT sunday?

Platini is going to the game tomorrow. He may be there as a guest of Celtic. He may be there as a guest of the SPL. He may be there on the advice of UEFA. Nobody will ever know the full story as to why he's going to the game tomorrow.

But ffs can we leave the paranoid conspiracies to the paranoid mhank fans? If we back the team and uphold our standards then we've **** all to fear. Similarly if we do the business on the park then we dont need to fear anybody.

Let those paranoid pricks from the east worry about misbehaviour and meltdown. Cant we just concentrate on trying to win a football match?

greggyboy
23-10-2010, 14:22
The marquee signing has arrived!

pennyblack
23-10-2010, 14:22
i really hope we win as their mask will slip

talktalk
23-10-2010, 14:24
we could always sing the lionel charbonia [sp] song to the tune of the french national anthem to wynd up lawell

BelfastExile1873
23-10-2010, 14:25
Wonder if he will notice this charming little banner that someone on Kerryfail is bringing? :roll:

And the media say we are the problem

http://i53.tinypic.com/1t06kk.jpg

sgt steve mcgarrett
23-10-2010, 14:25
Ive just had a call - 'he's there to listen to your songs and punish you'.

I dont believe that.

But I do believe that his hosts will not miss an opportunity to have a word in his shell like ear - Bouncy Bouncy - bouncing on RC heads, Derry's Walls - anti-Catholic. Follow Follow - anti-catholic. Everything else - anti-catholic. The referee - if he fails to give Celtic a foul, a throw in or god forbid, a penalty shout - evidence of long running masonic anti-catholic oppression.

Like Platini's going to have sense to see through this - he'll take everything at face value and there will be trouble ahead. Of that there's no doubt.

Arveladzes Shuffle
23-10-2010, 14:26

Or maybe he wanted to see one of the oldest fixtures in world football.

Fingers
23-10-2010, 14:26
I'm sure Platini as part of his job attends games all accross Europe, an Old Firm game would be the locical choice were he to come to Scotland.

To say he is here to kick us out of Europe is laughable.

cfw98rfc1
23-10-2010, 14:28
I predict timplosion

Jimenez
23-10-2010, 14:29
With the scum's irish famine thing tomorrow what's the betting he's been invited over by Liewell in an orchestrated hope we sing out?

Don't give them the satisfaction bears.

Its not been sung in months and months.

50/50bear
23-10-2010, 14:30
The Tour De Farce.

gennaro
Some of you need to calm down and have a drink FF S :roll:

Amurphrfc
I really don't think we have anything to worry about with Platini being at the match.

Phil Leotardo
Whilst I agree that we need to be careful with our song choice tomorrow, lets hope Platini doesnt have selective hearing and manages to hear and understand some of the shite that they come out with.

He only needs to listen to the pish they blast over the speakers before the game.

djraz1
23-10-2010, 14:33
he wont be able to make out a word of our glasgow accents anyway ;)

cameross
23-10-2010, 14:34

I am not going tomorrow but please,please guys do NOT give them anything to hold against us. It is obvious the reason that they are having their Famine thing against us is to try to get us deducted points or an ban Please box clever tomorrow and if anyone starts up a "banned" song (whatever that may be) please stop them. WATP

cameross
23-10-2010, 14:34
he wont be able to make out a word of our glasgow accents anyway ;)

It will be interpreted for him, make no mistake about that!!

cameross
23-10-2010, 14:35
I really don't think we have anything to worry about with Platini being at the match.

On the "famine" day I think we do!!

Jimenez
23-10-2010, 14:36
On the "famine" day I think we do!!

What are you talking about?

I can't remember the last OF game that was sung.

cameross
23-10-2010, 14:37
Ive just had a call - 'he's there to listen to your songs and punish you'.

I dont believe that.

But I do believe that his hosts will not miss an opportunity to have a word in his shell like ear - Bouncy Bouncy - bouncing on RC heads, Derry's Walls - anti-Catholic. Follow Follow - anti-catholic. Everything else - anti-catholic. The referee - if he fails to give Celtic a foul, a throw in or god forbid, a penalty shout - evidence of long running masonic anti-catholic oppression.

Like Platini's going to have sense to see through this - he'll take everything at face value and there will be trouble ahead. Of that there's no doubt.

I agree. We must box clever tomorrow!!!!!

TwoBadMice
He won't be there for the song sheet FFS

bigblueranger
Hope he dont forget who liberated France ;)

cameross
23-10-2010, 14:38
What are you talking about?

I can't remember the last OF game that was sung.

I am not only talking about that one, You well know that TBB has been getting sung at away games and some people are singing it at Ibrox. That is a banned song in Europe and it must not be sung tomorrow

cameross
23-10-2010, 14:39

Well there are a few sons that couldbe song on that

cameross
23-10-2010, 14:41
we could always sing the lionel charbonia [sp] song to the tune of the french national anthem to wynd up lawell

Brilliant idea!!!;)

colin_rfc_1
23-10-2010, 14:42
I am not only talking about that one, You well know that TBB has been getting sung at away games and some people are singing it at Ibrox. That is a banned song in Europe and it must not be sung tomorrow

Okay. :roll:

blue4life
23-10-2010, 14:42

It would depend on who is pointing out what is beeing said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cameross
23-10-2010, 14:43
The bad men are out to get us. Jesus, can we not keep the paranoid bogeymen stories until NEXT sunday?

Platini is going to the game tomorrow. He may be there as a guest of Celtic. He may be there as a guest of the SPL. He may be there on the advice of UEFA. Nobody will ever know the full story as to why he's going to the game tomorrow.

But ffs can we leave the paranoid conspiracies to the paranoid mhank fans? If we back the team and uphold our standards then we've **** all to fear. Similarly if we do the business on the park then we dont need to fear anybody.

Let those paranoid pricks from the east worry about misbehaviour and meltdown. Cant we just concentrate on trying to win a football match?

I agree with every word just as long as we do not give them any reason to get at us. WATP

Moodymann
They could not have orchestrated this any better if they tried (maybe they did), complaints about refs, famine t-shirts and the most important UEFA official and his delegates coming to the match to observe. As someone said, time to box clever bears.

PS. la marseillaise when we're 3-0 up :)

Jimenez

Like it or lump it TBB will be getting sung tomorrow. No amount of pleading on here will alter that.

I doubt Platini's mission is to listen out for naughty songs.

Bill the Butcher
23-10-2010, 14:45
Didn't know tomorrows game was controlled by UEFA.

Moodymann
23-10-2010, 14:46
Like it or lump it TBB will be getting sung tomorrow. No amount of pleading on here will alter that.

I agree with Jimenez, but should we pump them or even just win, batton up the hatches...................

Bill the Butcher
23-10-2010, 14:47
I agree with Jimenez, but should we pump them or even just win, batton up the hatches...................

That would be the optimum result, them melting down in front of that cock. :)

jimmyhm
23-10-2010, 14:47
I think it is more likely his motive just to witness the fiercest club rivalry in the world, however, Lawwell's motivation in inviting him may well be more sinister.

adam-1690-rfc
23-10-2010, 14:48
FFS I think everyone should calm down a bit :D :D.

ah_mr_hutton
23-10-2010, 14:49

Maybe not, but there is a drip, drip, drip approach against us. Remember that the UEFA Cup Final programme actually said that we didn't sign kaffliks until MoJo. The politics of Northern Ireland and the songs sung about them are not as damaging (or as easy to understand for foreigners) as being labled "Anti-RC" in a contintent where a huge majority of countries are RC. We just don't need anymore negative press.

You can guarantee that Monday's papers- if we win- will be full of Platini soundbites praising the unwashed's behaviour.

Moodymann
23-10-2010, 14:49
I think it is more likely his motive just to witness the fiercest club rivalry in the world, however, Lawwell's motivation in inviting him may well be more sinister.

Absolutely, Lawwell and Reid will get to him pre-kick off, be in no doubt.

Professor_Chaos
23-10-2010, 14:50
There's some absolute madness being posted on this thread.

jimmyhm
23-10-2010, 14:51
It will be interpreted for him, make no mistake about that!!

That is the danger because spin will definitely be inserted.

Professor_Chaos
23-10-2010, 14:51
Absolutely, Lawwell and Reid will get to him pre-kick off, be in no doubt.

:D

And do what exactly? It always takes FF to remind me that Peter Liewell is the uberlord of evil, who has the media, and UEFA and FIFA under his control.

whitecarlos
23-10-2010, 14:52

All White?

True Blue Trooper
23-10-2010, 14:54
"**** you Platini, Mcgregor's shaggiing yer wife"

Moodymann

And do what exactly? It always takes FF to remind me that Peter Liewell is the uberlord of evil, who has the media, and UEFA and FIFA under his control.

Perpetrate his bigoted brand of sectarian evil over a lamb shank.

Boab _spb
You really are a paranoid bunch. Unfortunately I won't be at the game but I hope to hear my fellow bears belting out our songs and not giving a flying **** about these rats trying to get us to stop!!

BdTS
23-10-2010, 14:56

Don't be a smart-arse.

If we do it in front of UEFA's noses and the SFA don't act, the SFA are the ones who will be fined.

We need to stop hiding behind the ambiguities of it all and accept the facts of the matter.

Moodymann
You really are a paranoid bunch. Unfortunately I won't be at the game but I hope to hear my fellow bears belting out our songs and not giving a flying **** about these rats trying to get us to stop!!

Sing what you want, just ditch the famine song.

Remember 'One Neil Lennon' when we're 3-0 up, that would actually hurt them and him much more :)

18kjmmd73
Uefa quite clearly stated that they have no influence over club games after the banana banner in Russia.
So he can come, he could moan and groan and try to blow Ibrox down but can't do anything to us because its an SPL game.

thecount
23-10-2010, 14:57
It is well known that Platini as a kid, had the famous Celtic subbuteo team.......and his ancestors escaped to France as the famine took hold:angel:

Could the original family name be O'Platini ? One of the original plotters against the french Aristos. :D

Boab _spb
23-10-2010, 14:58
Sing what you want, just ditch the famine song.

Remember 'One Neil Lennon' when we're 3-0 up, that would actually hurt them and him much more :)

Why ditch the Famine song?

Seems like a factual song to me, the famine is over isn't and they can now go back home

ah_mr_hutton
23-10-2010, 14:58

What a great idea. Lets all sing songs that are banned.

Liewell is the king of positive spin. Think of just some of the examples- the complaints about refs, the sporting integrity of the SPL, the tour of Japan, using a former squad player's death to avoid the OF. You honestly don't think he will be using the visit of Platini to his own ends?

DjurgardenBear
23-10-2010, 15:00
Wonder if he will notice this charming little banner that someone on Kerryfail is bringing? :roll:

They didn't really measure it properly, did they? :D

Moodymann
23-10-2010, 15:01

Seems like a factual song to me, the famine is over isn't and they can now go back home

The ensuing fall out when we gub them, let's let The Rangers get the deserved credit for a change :)

brooklynblue
23-10-2010, 15:03
It's the week after they were seen throwing objects onto the field & their manager abused officials. In all likelihood similar will happen tomorrow if we're winning. And we're worried..?

Jimenez
23-10-2010, 15:03

You must be at the windup? :roll:

It was a song aimed to take the piss, we sung it and laughed. They cried a little and like with most songs it naturally ran its course.

There's absolutely no reason for singing it tomorrow and if we do sing it then we really need our heads checked.

Stevie
23-10-2010, 15:04
Do you think there as a chance he might just be going to watch a game of football?

ah_mr_hutton
23-10-2010, 15:06
You must be at the windup? :roll:

It was a song aimed to take the piss, we sung it and laughed. They cried a little and like with most songs it naturally ran its course.

There's absolutely no reason for singing it tomorrow and if we do sing it then we really need our heads checked.

I totally agree. You would think there wasn't a huge selection of songs actually about Rangers to choose from.

semperparatus72
23-10-2010, 15:10
Hope we play like we did on wednesday and this time take our chances. I can really feel an epic timplosion coming.

Daveroxx
23-10-2010, 15:10
He would score for fun up here !!!! >:)

iaatpies
23-10-2010, 15:11
Theres also the chance that since Rangers are represented as one of the senior members of the European Club Association (or whatever its calling itself these days), Platini will be just as interested in us for the right reasons?

dragon5
23-10-2010, 15:13

Precisely....

GioVanB
23-10-2010, 15:13
If you sing TFS tomorrow then you are a retard.

Use the loaf ffs.

18kjmmd73
23-10-2010, 15:16
Platini comes to watch an Old Firm game and people on here are in a meltdown.
HE HAS NO AUTHORITY ON AN SPL GAME.
If he doesn't like the songs we sing he could be present at Valencia and comment on that game.

scoot78
23-10-2010, 15:20
Michel Platini is a colleague and friend of David Taylor (ex SFA), so it's likely that the invitation has come through him.

This thread is much ado about nothing.

Moodymann
23-10-2010, 15:20
Platini comes to watch an Old Firm game and people on here are in a meltdown.
HE HAS NO AUTHORITY ON AN SPL GAME.
If he doesn't like the songs we sing he could be present at Valencia and comment on that game.

But he has plenty of influence, if Platini asks the SFA to take up his 'informal' complaint you bet your bottom dollar they will. Neverminding the scottish press campaign, which will happen again, starting Monday - spiers etc that aided UEFA with their intital investigations into our songs.

Anyway, we have plenty og humour in our support to come up with something new and exciting to sing :cool:

gersmad
23-10-2010, 15:25
I hope he likes Mars bars, when we hump the taigs he's going to be showered in them.

mentalbox
23-10-2010, 15:28
if he gets the pre-match corporate visit with celtic management to Bairds we're in da dooo dooo bears

chicken_supper
23-10-2010, 15:30

I actually find that funny. Looks like the Irish flag for the homeless world cup.

TAMLEBAM
23-10-2010, 15:33
What is the deal with the famine T-shirts?? I have not heard anything about them??

Professor_Chaos
23-10-2010, 15:35
But he has plenty of influence, if Platini asks the SFA to take up his 'informal' complaint you bet your bottom dollar they will. Neverminding the scottish press campaign, which will happen again, starting Monday - spiers etc that aided UEFA with their intital investigations into our songs.

Anyway, we have plenty og humour in our support to come up with something new and exciting to sing :cool:

Do you actually mean what you're posting in this thread?

The Predator
23-10-2010, 15:37
Christ and we say they are paranoid. Relax fir fook sake :D

Old firm game, both teams won all games going into it. Why would he not want to attend.

Gazman_Airdrie
23-10-2010, 15:37
UEFA have no control over tomorrows game though, he's said this previously regarding SPL games, that falls on the SPL to control, not Platini, so he can do nothing about anything that happens tomorrow.

Moodymann
23-10-2010, 15:38
Do you actually mean what you're posting in this thread?

Sing what you like then mate, that's what the tims want, they fear a beating, as someone said, box clever

AnglianBear
23-10-2010, 15:40
When the cameras are quickly aimed in the direction of the directors etc when we score, how funny would that be to see Platini jumping up with a huge GIRUY towards Liewell :)

Dunno what everyones worrying about - it will be great PR for the Scottish game to have him there. Things like this help our cause to move to the English Premiership and so on, get awarded extra places for Europe etc

Professor_Chaos
23-10-2010, 15:42
Sing what you like then mate, that's what the tims want, they fear a beating, as someone said, box clever

Unless Platini's watching the game at my mate's flat, I think I'll be fine singing whatever I want. :D

Your insistence that there is something sinister about Platini's visit is delusional.

simply_the_best
23-10-2010, 15:43
Maybe he'll ask someone "so what did big jock know" :D

Moodymann
23-10-2010, 15:45
Unless Platini's watching the game at my mate's flat, I think I'll be fine singing whatever I want. :D

Your insistence that there is something sinister about Platini's visit is delusional.

I don't think there is anything sinister about his visit, just that it can very easily become cagey when Liewell and Reid get their claws into him in post match hospitality after a 4-0 gubbing by the champions. In their desperation of another season lost, they'll play the victim card to keep an eye on big bad Rangers, be it in europe or via the SFA. I'd never underestimate Liewell.

As for me, unless he's in the White Bear, London, tomorrow he'll no be doing me for any songs either ! :)

dofekbilbo
23-10-2010, 15:46
All White?

I liked that one.:p

briggs_bear
23-10-2010, 15:48
Hello hello, we are the Billy boys

MTG1977
23-10-2010, 15:48
He won't be there for the song sheet FFS

FFS I think everyone should calm down a bit :D :D.

Theres also the chance that since Rangers are represented as one of the senior members of the European Club Association (or whatever its calling itself these days), Platini will be just as interested in us for the right reasons?

UEFA have no control over tomorrows game though, he's said this previously regarding SPL games, that falls on the SPL to control, not Platini, so he can do nothing about anything that happens tomorrow.

To all of the above- 100% CORRECT.

To all the panic merchants-get a grip of yourselves FFS!:D

RaoulDuke11
23-10-2010, 15:51

Jesus. Get out more mate....

53 & Counting.

hurleyreyes
23-10-2010, 15:51
FF paranoia at its worst.

Someone will post in a minute that Platini posts on KDS.:roll:

MTG1977
23-10-2010, 15:52
Don't be a smart-arse.

If we do it in front of UEFA's noses and the SFA don't act, the SFA are the ones who will be fined.

We need to stop hiding behind the ambiguities of it all and accept the facts of the matter.

:roll:

If Platini wanted to know what songs were being sung, he would ask David Taylor, not fly over to Glasgow with a taperecorder FFS:D

Or do you think Platini is a double agent-http://www.qlineorientalist.com/IranRises/wp-content/plugins/2009/07/peter_sellers_inspector_clouseau_pi3.jpg

RaoulDuke11
23-10-2010, 15:53
Its not been sung in months and months.

we've no played the Tims in months and months.... ;)

Tim Hunter
23-10-2010, 16:04
What will confuse monsieur Platini tomorrow, is why there are so many Irish flags at a Scottish football match.
If one group of fans disgrace themselves tomorrow, I doubt it will be ours.

GioLoyal
23-10-2010, 16:06
What's the problem?

One of the best footballers of all time will be there to watch us murder a dreadful bheasts 11 and will no doubt be impressed by the backing our team receives from our magnificent support.

Leave the paranoid pish to the mhanks.

Tagsbear
23-10-2010, 16:10
He will be there to watch the match as its one of the Worlds biggest fixtures, he will probably savour the atmosphere and won't listen to the phone ins when mad Terry fae Uddingston is telling how his deid granny was greeting to him through a medium about our sweary words.

Seriously guys, this is rampant paranoia, the most likely thing to happen is that the ref will be attacked by a mhank!

dmtommo
23-10-2010, 16:10
platini's a huguenot. its cool:)

FortWilliamLoyal
23-10-2010, 16:13
To the Bears who are going, sing whatever you want... Who cares.

El Guaje
23-10-2010, 16:15

Apparently he has the authority to dictate to sky what they can and can't show :D

martybroon
23-10-2010, 16:21
Would make a mhank implosion all the sweeter.

sammy79
23-10-2010, 16:25

Wow that's the biggest load of shite I've read on here today. Definitely the biggest load of shite.

If UEFA can't do anything about the Russian fans with a banana on their banner they can't do anything about us, it's not in their jurisdiction. Nobody can stop us winning the SPL except ourselves. We can and will qualify for the CL second stage.

Voxtronix
23-10-2010, 16:29
Watch what you sing lads, this is typical Liewell, don't rise to the bait re the famine stuff.

londonloyal
23-10-2010, 16:32
Some of you need to calm down and have a drink FF S :roll:

Agreed. If as I suspect Platini travels all over Europe taking in the big games and derbies he will have seen far worse than he will witness tomorrow.

The most controversial thing about our famous old derby is the banners and the songs that are sung. Christ in Europe he will see pitched battles, flares, etc.

Let's concentrate on beating the scum, getting the 3 points and getting tae f*ck out of there.

strathavenbear
23-10-2010, 16:39

:blink:

That is one of the funniest things i've read in ages - if you are indeed serious

deedle
23-10-2010, 16:52
Nearly 5 years ago, politicians, journalists, academics, NBM and a bishop - all known to have the support of McConnell - conspired to land Rangers with a charge and a fine related to 'discriminatory chanting'. I firmly believe David Taylor (who lobbied strongly for Platini) was involved too. I also think the aim was to cause massive financial and PR damage to Rangers.

Now, it may well be true that Michel Platini watches many games in many countries throughout Europe. Yet, few are as highly charged as an Old Firm match and few are subject to as much one-sided scrutiny. I wonder if Platini will ever have encountered a situation in which there is so much briefing against one club.

This weekend marks UEFA's acknowledgment of worldwide hunger and Peter Lawwell has wasted no time in tying Celtic into this.

In these circumstances, I don't believe it is remotely 'paranoid' to suspect that one set of supporters will be put under the microscope - especially if their team emerges victorious.

I'd like to think our fans will 'box clever' as they say but I suspect few will appreciate what's going on behind the scenes.

wullieonthewing
23-10-2010, 16:59

Don't do that! Got to clean the lager off my screen now :D:D:D That is ***in hillarious bud. The Paddy McCourt paintball/airsoft ASU :D:D:D:D

Aunty Christ
23-10-2010, 17:03

When Liewell has finished interpreting I think Platini will understand that IRA songs are political whereas all our songs are sectarian and racist. I'm sure Bain will stick up for us as will our press and mhedia.

nicecar
23-10-2010, 17:08
Michel Platini is a colleague and friend of David Taylor (ex SFA), so it's likely that the invitation has come through him.

This thread is much ado about nothing.

Absolutely right.

deedle
23-10-2010, 17:13
Absolutely right.

Even if Taylor was involved in the UEFA charge against Rangers? :confused:

nicecar
23-10-2010, 17:26

Even if Taylor was involved in the UEFA charge against Rangers? :confused:

I meant that he probably invited him along as a friend.

digits
23-10-2010, 17:27
Will he be sitting between Rod Stewart and Billy Connelly :blink:

Grant
23-10-2010, 17:29

Uefa have absolutely no power of authority to step in and punish Rangers for anything that happens in an SPL game

opersson
23-10-2010, 17:30
Nearly 5 years ago, politicians, journalists, academics, NBM and a bishop - all known to have the support of McConnell - conspired to land Rangers with a charge and a fine related to 'discriminatory chanting'. I firmly believe David Taylor (who lobbied strongly for Platini) was involved too. I also think the aim was to cause massive financial and PR damage to Rangers.

Now, it may well be true that Michel Platini watches many games in many countries throughout Europe. Yet, few are as highly charged as an Old Firm match and few are subject to as much one-sided scrutiny. I wonder if Platini will ever have encountered a situation in which there is so much briefing against one club.

This weekend marks UEFA's acknowledgment of worldwide hunger and Peter Lawwell has wasted no time in tying Celtic into this.

In these circumstances, I don't believe it is remotely 'paranoid' to suspect that one set of supporters will be put under the microscope - especially if their team emerges victorious.

I'd like to think our fans will 'box clever' as they say but I suspect few will appreciate what's going on behind the scenes.

Correct. To underestimate the machiavellian tactics of Reid and Lawwell is a mistake.

Boab Anne
23-10-2010, 17:34
Bonjour Bonjour :D

Vidmar
23-10-2010, 17:44
I think the problem people have is that Celtic also wined and dined the UEFA delegate who campaigned against us and our supporters. He was Austrian and his nickname was 'The Pope'.

GioVanB
23-10-2010, 17:54

Uefa Worldwide hunger appeal - Check.

Top Uefa representation present - Check.

Controversial 'famine song' story in daily newspaper the day before the match - Check.

If you can't see what being lined up here then by f**k you are naive.

iaatpies
23-10-2010, 18:00
Uefa Worldwide hunger appeal - Check.

Top Uefa representation present - Check.

Controversial 'famine song' story in daily newspaper the day before the match - Check.

If you can't see what being lined up here then by f**k you are naive.

Its a shame that this is only the 2nd most paranoid post on the thread.

GioVanB
23-10-2010, 18:03
Never underestimate how far a tim will stretch in his bid to see Rangers painted as the bad guy.

It is their life's work.

We can show them up by boxing clever in the stands and taking them apart on the pitch.

Number9
23-10-2010, 18:08
I hope the bears give the famine song a miss tomorrow.

It isn't funny anymore and we have plenty else to be singing about, not least a team how never give up and want it just as much as us.

oldblueeyes
23-10-2010, 18:13
I hope the bears give the famine song a miss tomorrow.

It isn't funny anymore and we have plenty else to be singing about, not least a team how never give up and want it just as much as us.

We could sing Michel Platini why dont you go home
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

sammy79
23-10-2010, 18:14
Never underestimate how far a tim will stretch in his bid to see Rangers painted as the bad guy.

It is their life's work.

We can show them up by boxing clever in the stands and taking them apart on the pitch.

There's quite a few thousand in the support painting themselves.

TheHost
23-10-2010, 18:15

Spot on!

This is where Bain should be ensuring that he and greig et al are bending platini's ear pre and post match.

MTG1977
23-10-2010, 18:26
The paranoia on here is worse than kerryfail st.

Take a look at yourselves FFS

TheHost
23-10-2010, 18:30

That will be the same paranoia that has seen us, and us alone, sanctioned by UEFA.

If you think liewell wont be bending platini's ear tomorrow and if you think a complaint media will not, at some stage, bring up the songs with platini then i would advise you to wake up and smell the coffee.

GioVanB
23-10-2010, 18:31

Strange that you have 1977 as part of your username as it seems you were born yesterday.

MTG1977
23-10-2010, 18:32
That will be the same paranoia that has seen us, and us alone, sanctioned by UEFA.

If you think liewell wont be bending platini's ear tomorrow and if you think a complaint media will not, at some stage, bring up the songs with platini then i would advise you to wake up and smell the coffee.

What songs will be brought up ??

TheHost
23-10-2010, 18:35
What songs will be brought up ??

tbb i would imagine

MTG1977
23-10-2010, 18:40
tbb i would imagine

You really think Michel Platini has flown to Glasgow to listen to us singing?

And i'm the one born yesterday?:D

TheHost
23-10-2010, 18:46
You really think Michel Platini has flown to Glasgow to listen to us singing?

And i'm the one born yesterday?:D

English comprehension..... would probably do you wonders!

ray mac
23-10-2010, 18:55
He should stay in his own country beset by anarchists yobs hooligans etc

sensiblesteve
23-10-2010, 18:58
Moraly corrupt football club are trying every underhand tactic to point score and intimidate this week , just best them Gers and watch them embarrass themselves ,

Wonder if we as a club would have the balls to invite the soldiers on to the park next old firm game at ibrox then invite platini also ? Yes one can dream !

trueblue14
23-10-2010, 19:00
TBB will be getting sung big time 2moro from this bear
Platini can go fu ck himself

immortal7
23-10-2010, 19:05
believe it or not but Liewell is an astute and clever man, under instructions from a billionaire Irish owner. I would imagine the word in the ear of Platini is much more likely to be about the big 5, the impossible position of big clubs from smaller countries and a fairer division of the money pot rather than a squalid local controversy that will merely reinforce to MP that Scotland is a parochial backwater, impossible to understand and best left on the periphery of european football.

Liewell and Desmond think big for ra sellik, they are unlikey to badger Platini over such a local squabble.

sensiblesteve
23-10-2010, 19:15
believe it or not but Liewell is an astute and clever man, under instructions from a billionaire Irish owner. I would imagine the word in the ear of Platini is much more likely to be about the big 5, the impossible position of big clubs from smaller countries and a fairer division of the money pot rather than a squalid local controversy that will merely reinforce to MP that Scotland is a parochial backwater, impossible to understand and best left on the periphery of european football.

Liewell and Desmond think big for ra sellik, they are unlikey to badger Platini over such a local squabble.

I hope you're right but after what they as a football club have been up to this week , I have my doubts !

Moodymann
23-10-2010, 19:17

I'm not the paranoid type just a very cynical bugger and i believe this man is entirely spot on.

deedle
23-10-2010, 19:18
He will be there to watch the match as its one of the Worlds biggest fixtures, he will probably savour the atmosphere and won't listen to the phone ins when mad Terry fae Uddingston is telling how his deid granny was greeting to him through a medium about our sweary words.

Seriously guys, this is rampant paranoia, the most likely thing to happen is that the ref will be attacked by a mhank!

I know.

There's some idiots on here trying to convince us that Celtic are still complaining about the referee last week at Tannadice.

What will they come up with next?

They'll no doubt tell us that the linesman wants to resign! :p

Jeez, you couldn't make these guys up!

robrob
23-10-2010, 20:06
I am 100% convinced that Platini is there purely to witness a well known local derby, as he has done in many other cities in the world, having been invited to do so.

That opportunity has landed Celtic as the hosts- a club who are happy to publicly push the notion that they're the victims of a sectarian conspiracy in this country to the SFA (the endless referee witch hunt), whose fans are happy to collaborate with the media to make representation to Platini's very organisation (UEFA) about another club's fans, and a club who have vocally condemned songs from other clubs whilst pissing on our legs as their own fans sing about murdering Rangers players and joining terrorist organisations.

There is no conspiracy in Platini's visit, but anyone who thinks certain Celtic executives won't be rubbing their hands together at the opportunity that has landed in their laps to put tomorrow's "atmosphere" in "cultural context" for him is deluded.

scunnerg1981
23-10-2010, 20:41
What will confuse monsieur Platini tomorrow, is why there are so many Irish flags at a Scottish football match.

The excuse will be there flying the flags in support of the player(s) of that nationality.

(glory glory tune)
Platini's here to see The Rangers,
And he knows that Big Jock Knew!!

How would Lawell explain who Big Jock was and what indeed did he know!!?

Cannavaro
23-10-2010, 20:46
They are more likely to misbehave than us so not worried by this

weebear
23-10-2010, 20:49
Platini is going to a football match at the biggest shite hole in Europe, if he is not mugged or had his wallet stolen before he gets to his seat he's done well. Secondly he will see the cheating lengths the Vhermin will go to win the game, coupled by the inTIMidation put on the referee by the filth. Then of course comes the behaviour of the Scum fans, they are in far more danger of getting into trouble than us.

whitecarlos
23-10-2010, 20:51
Post match conversation in Liewells office
MP" was magnifique how you say atmosphere,Pierre?"
PL "Yes,wasnt it.The Celtic fans singing about how wonderful it is to be Irish,a truly wonderful audible experience"
MP "Meh oui (eh,aye)"
PL "Anyway Michael, moving onto the Rangers fans,di you hear them singing about our poor oppressed fans moving back to Ireland? ICan you do something about it?"
MP "?"

Professor_Chaos
23-10-2010, 20:55
I know.

There's some idiots on here trying to convince us that Celtic are still complaining about the referee last week at Tannadice.

What will they come up with next?

They'll no doubt tell us that the linesman wants to resign! :p

Jeez, you couldn't make these guys up!

Yeah, because they are doing this, it means that they are enlisting the head of UEFA to try and destroy Rangers.

What do you think this is, a Marvel comicbook? Where's Iron Man? :roll:

GioVanB
23-10-2010, 21:01
I am 100% convinced that Platini is there purely to witness a well known local derby, as he has done in many other cities in the world, having been invited to do so.

That opportunity has landed Celtic as the hosts- a club who are happy to publicly push the notion that they're the victims of a sectarian conspiracy in this country to the SFA (the endless referee witch hunt), whose fans are happy to collaborate with the media to make representation to Platini's very organisation (UEFA) about another club's fans, and a club who have vocally condemned songs from other clubs whilst pissing on our legs as their own fans sing about murdering Rangers players and joining terrorist organisations.

There is no conspiracy in Platini's visit, but anyone who thinks certain Celtic executives won't be rubbing their hands together at the opportunity that has landed in their laps to put tomorrow's "atmosphere" in "cultural context" for him is deluded.

Nail on head.

Exilenla
23-10-2010, 21:02

I wonder why?

To see an undefeated CL team... why else :cool:

averagebear
23-10-2010, 21:39
Anyone who thinks that the scum and their media allies will not try to use this as an opportunity to FURTHER blade us is naive in the extreme. Whether Platini has any authority over this fixture or not these pederasts will ensure that he leaves with one clear image, and that will be of the further demonisation of our fans and our club.

Please guys lets keep the ftp's, BB's, and famine stuff to a minimum and hope for a timplosion should we win. Backfire Loyal.>:)

theredwhiteandblue
23-10-2010, 21:44

Tim at my work has told me they are waiting on TBB to be sung, they are all going to turn their backs "in a message to UEFA" he didn't mention that Platini was going to be there so this is starting to make sense.
It's probably already been covered but thought I'd pass on the info

womble 3
23-10-2010, 21:56
And we ask the club to defend us

and it looks like some here can't defend themselfs

That is All

paisleyprod
23-10-2010, 21:58
he's leading the chorus of Why don't you go home.

if timmy disgraces themselves, he will be there to see it!

dovit
23-10-2010, 22:04
Maybe he is here to honour the fallen of 2 world wars?

Red_White_and_Ajax
23-10-2010, 22:09
Tim at my work has told me they are waiting on TBB to be sung, they are all going to turn their backs "in a message to UEFA" he didn't mention that Platini was going to be there so this is starting to make sense.

what message does that send ?

and how did they manage to tell everyone about it ?

Blues_and_Twos
23-10-2010, 22:14
what message does that send ?

and how did they manage to tell everyone about it ?

They've aw goat a speshul relashenship wif Derren Brown and huv used a Jedi mind trick, an' that.

Fat Tam
23-10-2010, 22:37
He'll leave shaking his head saying, "paranoid bassas".

cameross
23-10-2010, 22:44
To the Bears who are going, sing whatever you want... Who cares.

The Majority of real Rangers supporters care:mad:

ayrbearbunch
23-10-2010, 22:44
Tread carefully Bears, this is Septic's last throw of the dice to try and nail us. They'll be wheeling out Liewell, Reid, Connelly, Rod the Rhat etc to try and fill Platini with anti-Rangers p*sh!

No add ons even in the face of PROVOcation!

WokinghamBear
23-10-2010, 23:03

That is a good description of the background to this whole episode. Anyone who still doesn't recognise that Rangers are absolutely under attack off the field from a number of sources is deluded or living with their head in the sand.
That there's an Old Firm match at Parkhead, on the day of this worldwide famine charity day backed by UEFA... Celtic must have been doing cartwheels at the thought of it.
Getting a dignitary from UEFA to attend the match is a bloody masterstroke by them to be honest - I'm sure their stewards will be told to rile the Bears at the ground from first minute to last.

Jan Fabel
23-10-2010, 23:32
Hopefully the Fenians will fck up as usual and when we pump them there will be pitch invasions from Mhanky Fhilth!

RFC_Sooty
23-10-2010, 23:33
He wants to come and watch a team who hasn't lost in europe or their domestic league so far.

s_mac
23-10-2010, 23:36
need to be very careful with the songbook tomorrow.

the complaints are probably typed out already, and that's just the media.

you can imagine them complaining about Platini being at the game and doing nothing about it.

be careful out there, it's a jungle. ;)

AA
23-10-2010, 23:58

Oh! They'll be turning their backs alright. I predict with about 15 minutes to go.

hemelbear
24-10-2010, 00:10
id like to think he will be cross examining all the paranoia in his head as one after the other they point and wag their fingers at us while saying look we are soooo nice everyone loves us,

but you can actually imagine one of these cretins one sidedly explaining how almost anything we say is offensive bunch of low life scum

bobalofski
24-10-2010, 00:16

yep i hope so to !!!!:p:p:p:p:p:p

bobalofski
24-10-2010, 00:19
They didn't really measure it properly, did they? :D

but if we were to refer to them as Fenian's we would be called bigots ??

Jelle1880
24-10-2010, 00:19
Maybe bring out the old red white and blue flags, who just happen to look a lot like French flags ;)

Please, please, please let one of their mongo fans lose the plot and come on the pitch, right after our fourth goes in.

Ostenstad9
24-10-2010, 00:41
He's only there to see the Robot!

LennyB
24-10-2010, 00:44
the Rangers support is slowly and systematically being castrated by the media with those in power at the tattiedome pulling the strings

I suppose we could do as some posters suggest and lie down to it and do as we are told.

Or we could buy a Snickers and "get some nuts".

The amount of panic in this thread shows just how subserviant we have become. It is a sad state of affairs really.

bilkobear
24-10-2010, 00:57
Yeah, because they are doing this, it means that they are enlisting the head of UEFA to try and destroy Rangers.

Celtc have stoked a huge fire this week from a very feeble ember.

Why?

To win this week’s match against Rangers?
Maybe.

Perhaps however they see a bigger picture than even we can.
Dermot Desmond is desperate to see his financial input into The Filth recognise its best return possible.
He wants the financial return of the EPL and would probably kill to get it.
Certainly the home lives of referees and referee assistants will be small fodder.

The Filth are full of pragmatic Machiavellian political types with little recourse to ethics.
Maybe it's possible they believe that they can convince UEFA they are an Irish club trapped in a sectarian Scottish cage, and that they deserve a move to a level playing field in a league next door?

I personally hope UEFA agree.

And send them home.

davieboy1873
24-10-2010, 01:04
Wonder if he'll join in with the bouncey when we go three up?

MTG1977
24-10-2010, 01:06
This thread is embarrasing.

CoatbridgeBear
24-10-2010, 01:10
Jesus christ, I couldn't give a shit if the pope attended with Spiers, the head of the SFA and Platini who all sang IRA pish and reported us for repressing them. Bigger things to worry about, like going 3 clear...let their incest addled minds dream up reasons to get us kicked out of football because they will never manage it on the ****ing pitch.

orinoco
24-10-2010, 01:15
This thread is embarrasing.

indeed it is

Rev Paisley
24-10-2010, 01:17
Just there to confirm that Stevie Davis is a better player than him! ;)

Andrew
24-10-2010, 01:23
Is david Taylor not Platini's right hand man? Think everyone is not giving Platini enough credit, i am sure he can see through Celtic.

Rev Paisley
24-10-2010, 01:28
Please dont keep quoting the flag post - I for one find it offensive, and thats just the colours I'm talking about!

Andy17x
24-10-2010, 01:32
He can't do a thing about any allege "misdemeanors". Remember when videos of IRA songs by the Scum are emailed to UEFA they wash their hands, and say it's up to the domestic league to take action...

scottyboyrfc
24-10-2010, 01:35
I would say he's there to experience one of the world's best derby games.

Virgil Hilts
24-10-2010, 01:42
He's only there to see the :scarf:

Rev Paisley
24-10-2010, 02:04
We could sing Michel Platini why dont you go home
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

F*ckin Brilliant!!! :):):)

coopmyhero
24-10-2010, 03:08
so he'll hear the green brigade with their full choice of terrorist,anti British sectarian singing first hand then

lacla1966
24-10-2010, 03:15
Moraly corrupt football club are trying every underhand tactic to point score and intimidate this week , just best them Gers and watch them embarrass themselves ,

Wonder if we as a club would have the balls to invite the soldiers on to the park next old firm game at ibrox then invite platini also ? Yes one can dream !

Or better still, just invite Platini to the game in January at Ibrox and allow him to witness, for himself, septics (TGFITW) scumbag fans desecrate the memory of the fans who died in the Ibrox disaster when the ruin the minutes silence.

turrabear
24-10-2010, 03:15
we really need to box clever not just tommorrow but this season the beast's from the east will stop at nothing to make sure they win the league. even try to get us point's deducted.

noremorse
24-10-2010, 04:22
Or better still, just invite Platini to the game in January at Ibrox and allow him to witness, for himself, septics (TGFITW) scumbag fans desecrate the memory of the fans who died in the Ibrox disaster when the ruin the minutes silence.

dont bother with platini, get sep blater and Thierry henry for the game on the
2nd! :)

texas ranger
24-10-2010, 04:46
The only opportunity left to see a top European class team this season at Parkhead.......?

Rangers Rob
24-10-2010, 04:59
Wow that's the biggest load of shite I've read on here today. Definitely the biggest load of shite.

If UEFA can't do anything about the Russian fans with a banana on their banner they can't do anything about us, it's not in their jurisdiction.
Except that they've already declared that it is after the Villarreal incidents:
In their correspondence, UEFA make it clear that a firm stand against any form of sectarianism is not limited to European fixtures - i.e. that the ruling on sectarian singing applies to Rangers' fixtures, domestic or European home and away. - Fri 04 Aug 2006
Source: http://www.rangers.co.uk/articles/20060804/uefa-responds-to-rangers_2254024_876789

deedle
24-10-2010, 08:42
It's the week after they were seen throwing objects onto the field & their manager abused officials. In all likelihood similar will happen tomorrow if we're winning. And we're worried..?

What you'll notice about these incidents is that they were covered up.

Just like most stories that would affect Celtic FC adversely in PR terms.

Surely, we must realise by now just how the Scottish media operates. It may be a coincidence that Platini was invited to this match this weekend (rather than any other held in Europe to commemorate world hunger) but Celtic have already put out an official statement emphasising how they believe the Irish famine gave rise to the club.

Platini could not take action himself - no-one is suggesting that. But I have no doubt that he will be subjected to intense anti-Rangers briefing.

Senior figures at Parkhead have shown there is practically no level to which they would sink in order to advance the interests of their club and damage Rangers. Yet, of greater relevance might be the attitude of the Scottish media.

Phil Leotardo
24-10-2010, 08:52

Actually, that is exactly what they are doing. Celtic were very unhappy and embarrassed with what happened at Ibrox in February and basically think the whole thing was orchestrated by Rangers to make them look bad.

My understanding was that they would pursue the commemoration of the Great Famine in May with the inevitability that it will at some stage fall on the date of a Scottish Cup Final between us and them.

Recent developments are not far removed from that.

DylanGer
24-10-2010, 08:54
Actually, that is exactly what they are doing. Celtic were very unhappy and embarrassed with what happened at Ibrox in February and basically think the whole thing was orchestrated by Rangers to make them look bad.

My understanding was that they would pursue the commemoration of the Great Famine in May with the inevitability that it will at some stage fall on the date of a Scottish Cup Final between us and them.

What happened at Ibrox in February?

El Guaje
24-10-2010, 08:58

I assume he's talking about the silence for Gerry Neef they disrupted

Tagsbear
24-10-2010, 08:58

Minutes silence?

Phil Leotardo
24-10-2010, 09:01

They think we invited Simon Weston to provoke their fans and make them look bad.

50/50bear
24-10-2010, 09:01
He'll leave shaking his head saying, "paranoid bassas".

ha ha ha ha.:D

lemesos
24-10-2010, 09:05
;)

so he's there to thank Edu?

squaddie-bear

Ah, Phil has explained.

orinoco
They think we invited Simon Weston to provoke their fans and make them look bad.

sad people there are plenty on here who have asked why rangers don't defend us but on the same hand are not prepared to do it themself you may be close to the truth and its time we all said feck them

deedle
07-04-2011, 18:43

I was never quite sure about that.

TheHost
07-04-2011, 18:49
I was never quite sure about that.

Some of the naysayers should read their posts, on this thread, sit down and have a think

sixdaywar
07-04-2011, 19:52
this present orchestrated campaign was started and intensified by o,squeal ,when he dragged TLB to the filth at Ibrox ,after we humped the (unts,
he said in the post match interveiw that Rangers were racist and sectarian, he then went to the republic of irelands Uefa representative ,to get the mhanky (unt to raise it at uefa, even though Scotish football had sweet FA to do with him,
IMO we should not only be fighting fire with fire but be pro active,
We have more than sufficient evidence re the bias of the SFA, and a compilation of the blatant cheating of Liar thomson andconroy to a lesser but still disgusting amount ,

I believe if a dvd of the behaviour of thomsons cheating especially if the 2010 and 2011 are shown,
his lies re the penalty are not allegations but fact as are his sending of 2 of our players in 2010 1 (danny wilson for pulling the arm of a st mirren player ,even though SDW was covering, fast forward 1 year and a far worse foul by the LAST player got only a yellow.

Instead of nailing the cheating (unt to the wall, and keeping the pressure on the SFA, we rested on our laurels even though we knew exactly what to expect should we win,
it,d already been widely discussed on FF, wondering what underhand stunt the filthy scum would pull.
unfortunately the incompetant bain is,nt capable of planning anything apart from his sun tanning adventures.

eb-blueger
07-04-2011, 19:59
Prob to get his back hander!! For a charges we r getting for psv!! Sumbag!!

I wonder why?