PDA

View Full Version : Charlie Adam is one of the best central midfielders in the EPL

Pages : [1] 2

MCLACHLAN1
17-10-2010, 17:18
A goalscoring midfielder with an eye for a pass and a shot , he is up and down the park for fun.

His physical appearance seems night and day to what he was at Rangers.

£500,000

Would we go as far to say the Management teams biggest Faux pax this time round?

Why on Earth did we used to play him down the left?

53easy
17-10-2010, 17:20
He's really not

It's not like you to exaggerate

essie_rfc
17-10-2010, 17:20
not this pish again. he's clearly came along way from when we sold him. hes doing well, im happy for him can we forget about it!!

ianb11
17-10-2010, 17:22
The thread title is a joke really.

tommy blue
He's running it today. Superb game so far.

sirdrinksalot
He is nowhere near being 1 of the best midfielders in the premiership, it's embarrassing to suggest that he is.

flany-kpl
Hyped up nonsense but not surprising.

Roffey
17-10-2010, 17:23
This has got to be one of the best fishing posts in FF history.

Baxter79
17-10-2010, 17:23
He has been great today, one of the best in the EPL is going a bit bonkers!

MCLACHLAN1
17-10-2010, 17:24
Can someone, as all on here know so much tell me 6 better central midfielders?

*****GREG_RFC*****
17-10-2010, 17:24
He was a steal at £500k but he's not one of the best in the EPL.

GioVanB
17-10-2010, 17:25
Up there with Cesc and Essien is young Charles. :D

campsie
hes having some game today

*****GREG_RFC*****

Essien, Mikel, Lampard, Scholes, Fabregas, Gerrard.

I could go on...

He has really improved and has been a stand out for Blackpool but he isn't one of the best.

QueensferryCR3Bear
To be fair to Charlie, I think he did well for us. Scored against Celtic and in the Champions League.

He got the stick all young players get at our club for some reason.

bigy
17-10-2010, 17:26
Charlie Adam is a central midfielder played out of position throughout his time at Rangers because there were better central midfielders at the time. It's unfair to say he didn't have what it took as he wasn't given a chance, but that's the bottom line and we should be happy he's doing well.

MCLACHLAN1
I love how everyone says its sensationalist nonsense but won't actually answer the question in the original post.

paisleyprod
Lampard gerrard fabregas huddlestone scholes essien ya ya toure arteta need i go on

flany-kpl
17-10-2010, 17:27
Lampard, Essien, Fabregas, Scholes, Gerrard, Arteta. That's off the top of my head.

Mez
Anyone watching the game today can see that he's not all that different a player to the one that was at Rangers.

The massive difference is he's playing with confidence and without the fans on his back. That can work wonders for a player.

One of the best in the EPL? Not a chance.

Roffey
You don't need anyone on here to answer your OP.

Adam answered it himself.

Earl of Leven
Not one youngster since has really shown as much as he did......scored in CL, Old Firm etc. But he was considered 'lazy' and maybe didn't do slide tackles.

sirdrinksalot
Essien, Mikel, Lampard, Scholes, Fabregas, Gerrard.

I could go on...

He has really improved and has been a stand out for Blackpool but he isn't one of the best.

I think every manager in the land would take Wilshere before Adam aswell.;)

Baxter79
Essien, Fabregas, Modric, Gerrard, Scholes, Lampard, Cahill, Arteta.... etc etc

guspjmh
17-10-2010, 17:28
He has been superb since moving and I hope we see him at Rangers again. Another in the Broadfoot mould who got flack here despite doing little wrong.

suramericaranger
17-10-2010, 17:28
No he isn't. But you already knew that didn't you? Everyone is looking at you now. Job done.

You are correct in that we were stupid to get rid of him so easily.

GregNPoR.
17-10-2010, 17:29

From Chelsea, Arsenal, City and Utd.

Fabregas
Essien
Song
Diaby
Nasri
Denilson
Scholes
Gibson
Fletcher
Lampard
Obi Mikel
Barry
Yaya Toure
De Jong
Silva
Giggs
Carrick
Ramires
Scholes

In short, OP, lay off the drugs ;)

MCLACHLAN1
17-10-2010, 17:29
From Chelsea, Arsenal, City and Utd.

Fabregas
Essien
Song
Diaby
Nasri
Denilson
Scholes
Gibson
Fletcher
Lampard
Obi Mikel
Barry
Yaya Toure
De Jong
Silva
Giggs
Carrick
Ramires
Scholes

In short, OP, lay off the drugs ;)

are we all just naming midfielders?

Half of them don't play centre mid?

larrydavidloyal
17-10-2010, 17:30
I love how everyone says its sensationalist nonsense but won't actually answer the question in the original post.

Biggest faux-pas: Not purchasing Steven Davis before the Kaunas ties.

We played him down the left because he was one of three left sided players capable of playing in midfield at the time and the other two were frequently injured.

larrydavidloyal
17-10-2010, 17:31

All of them play centre mid...

MCLACHLAN1
Biggest faux-pas: Not purchasing Steven Davis before the Kaunas ties.

We played him down the left because he was one of three left sided players capable of playing in midfield at the time and the other two were frequently injured.

Thanks for being the first person to answer the actual question..;)

It'll never catch on. :roll:

angrybluebear
not this pish again. he's clearly came along way from when we sold him. hes doing well, im happy for him can we forget about it!!

goals against celtic and in the champions league proved he had the ability, He was never given the chance to express himself when he was with us due to the attitude of an element of our support.

53easy
17-10-2010, 17:32
A goalscoring midfielder with an eye for a pass and a shot , he is up and down the park for fun.

£500,000

Would we go as far to say the Management teams biggest Faux pax this time round?

Because we had Mendes,Davis,Ferguson and Thomson,Edu all wanting to play in two centre midfield positions

Mark-Walters

Yes they do!!!

flany-kpl

I wouldn't say all but just about all of them. Only Silva and Giggs really play more wide.

MCLACHLAN1

Ryan Giggs and Nasri?

Central Mid?

Wingers for me

53easy
17-10-2010, 17:33
Ryan Giggs and Nasri?

Central Mid?

Wingers for me

Giggs hasn't played wide in years :confused:

CertifiedWeissfanboy
Probably one of the worst ever posts on here.

swiss
i like charlie and think he is a good player but this is crazy talk!

scholes, gerard, fabregas, wiltshire, song, diaby, essien, lampard, mikel, ferguson, petrov, ireland, barry, milner, toure, de jong, huddlestone, palacios, arteta, cahill, feillani, parker to name a few i could go on but im bored now

flany-kpl
Ryan Giggs and Nasri?

Central Mid?

Wingers for me

half, 50%. Barry Ferguson is better than Adam and so is Hleb too and that's at Birmingham.

Number_Eight
17-10-2010, 17:34
I agree.

Charlie has found his level in the EPL.

GioVanB
17-10-2010, 17:34
Nasri a winger?

Jesus wept.

CertifiedWeissfanboy
17-10-2010, 17:35
Ryan Giggs and Nasri?

Central Mid?

Wingers for me

Giggs plays centrally as much as he does on the wing and Nasri's best/natural position is at centre mid. Get a grip, FFS.

GioVanB
He is definitely in the top 50. :D

BlueKidG
hes doing well down there and holding his own.

theres a scottish central midfielder in the epl who has consistently been better however ;)

MCLACHLAN1
17-10-2010, 17:36
Nasri a winger?

Jesus wept.

Yes a winger. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Samir Nasri (born 26 June 1987) is a French professional footballer of Algerian heritage who plays for Arsenal in the Premier League and for the French national team.
A naturally right-footed player, also effective on his weaker side, Nasri plays as a winger for Arsenal; however, he has also been deployed in central midfield in the absence of Cesc Fàbregas due to injury. During his time at boyhood club Olympique de Marseille, Nasri's Algerian background, technical prowess and playmaking on the field earned him direct comparisons to French football great Zinedine Zidane – and the mantle of the 'French Pele'.[3]
Nasri was a regular for France at the youth level and was a member of the country's UEFA Euro 2008 squad, though he saw limited playing time. In a surprising move by French coach Raymond Domenech, he was left out of the 2010 French World Cup team.

flany-kpl
Yes a winger. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Samir Nasri (born 26 June 1987) is a French professional footballer of Algerian heritage who plays for Arsenal in the Premier League and for the French national team.
A naturally right-footed player, also effective on his weaker side, Nasri plays as a winger for Arsenal; however, he has also been deployed in central midfield in the absence of Cesc Fàbregas due to injury. During his time at boyhood club Olympique de Marseille, Nasri's Algerian background, technical prowess and playmaking on the field earned him direct comparisons to French football great Zinedine Zidane – and the mantle of the 'French Pele'.[3]
Nasri was a regular for France at the youth level and was a member of the country's UEFA Euro 2008 squad, though he saw limited playing time. In a surprising move by French coach Raymond Domenech, he was left out of the 2010 French World Cup team.

Wikipedia is not a reliable source.:D

Do you watch football?

Northampton_loyalist

£500,000

You said it in your own post. The fact his appearance is night and day is **** all to do with what position he was played in. At all.

We got what he was worth at the time, an over-weight and unfit player who showed occasional glimpses of good play and long stretches of mistakes and poor decision making.

It is great to see him doing well, but it is also frustrating because there is no doubt he stepped down a level and found a self discipline that he clearly lacked with us. There was nothing stopping him doing what he is doing now with us, and the fact we have better facilities by far all point at a guy being stagnant and needing a move to get his career on track.

BlueKidG
17-10-2010, 17:38
lets be honest here aswell.

adam never helped himself up here either.

the fact he was overweight and lazy was his own doing.

he has learned from b his mistakes tho/

®f©Roy®f©
Nowhere near a mistake. We sold a player - for a transfer fee, regardless of how paltry it may seem in hindsight - who wasn't deemed to be getting the job done for us & appeared to have little prospect of getting that job done. It was right for us &, I'm very glad to say, it was also right for the young lad; the Glasgow fishbowl & the pressure of playing for the Rangers gone, & Adam has come on leaps & bounds.

As to better cenral midfielders, how about Fabregas, Essien, Scholes, van der Vaart, Gerrard, Lampard? It goes on & on. Barry Ferguson? Ramires? Arteta & Modric have both played centrally at times. All better players, better central midfielders.

trueblue14

What he said, lets move on ffs

GioVanB
Wiki says Nasri is a winger? - Oh well then, must be true. :D

Do you actually watch football?

spirit_of_93
Was sold probably more down to our desperate need to offload as opposed to his ability.

Why did we play him on the left? Bacause we had Barry Ferguson, Pedro Mendes, Steve Davis, and Kevin Thomson vying for CM positions, Davis had to make do with playing right.

Titch
17-10-2010, 17:39
i like charlie and think he is a good player but this is crazy talk!

scholes, gerard, fabregas, wiltshire, song, diaby, essien, lampard, mikel, ferguson, petrov, ireland, barry, milner, toure, de jong, huddlestone, palacios, arteta, cahill, feillani, parker to name a few i could go on but im bored now

Perhaps the OP would like to name who from that list is not as good as our Charlie.

This should be fun. :D

Arveladzes Shuffle
17-10-2010, 17:40
He has just fired in the cross for blackpools equaliser

BlueKidG
17-10-2010, 17:40
Perhaps the OP would like to name who from that list is not as good as our Charlie.

This should be fun. :D

hell claim half of them are keepers :D

MCLACHLAN1
17-10-2010, 17:41
You said it in your own post. The fact his appearance is night and day is **** all to do with what possition he was played in. At all.

We got what he was worth at the time, an over-weight and unfit player who showed occasional glimpses of good play and long stretches os mistakes and poor decision making.

It is great to see him doing well, but it is also frustrating because there is no doubt he stepped down a level and found a self discipline that he clearly lacked with us. There was nothing stopping him doing what he is doing now with us, and the fact we have better facilities by far all point at a guy being stagnant and needing a move to get his career on track.

Thanks for your answer also pal.

I am trying to ascertain peoples views why he is doing great in the EPL against all these players that are apparently 'better ' than him in a weak epl side.

To me it doesn't make sense.

TPABear
17-10-2010, 17:42
Charlie Adam is and was and always will be a average player who is at a club which matched his level and ability, end of thread

Superally51
I don't remember the outcry when we sold him. It wasn't working out for him at Rangers at a time when he was probally 6th in the midfield pecking order. He has done well and fair play to him.

MCLACHLAN1
Wiki says Nasri is a winger? - Oh well then, must be true. :D

Do you actually watch football?

I say he is a winger, when i watch him i'd say he is a winger.

I'd say I watch more football than most on this board.

It's my opinion.

guspjmh
17-10-2010, 17:43
Charlie Adam is and was and always will be a average player who is at a club which matched his level and ability, end of thread

A club competing for Europe in the worlds richest league?

Adam is a very good player, who I would welcome back to Rangers.

GioVanB
17-10-2010, 17:44

It's my opinion.

Stop posting.

Seriously.

53easy
17-10-2010, 17:44
I still wouldn't play Adam ahead of Edu or Davis in the middle of the park for Rangers

MCLACHLAN1
17-10-2010, 17:45
Stop posting.

Seriously.

Or else what.......?

Bore off.....

flany-kpl
17-10-2010, 17:46
I still wouldn't play Adam ahead of Edu or Davis in the middle of the park for Rangers

Edu's not even as good as McCulloch but that's another day:D

The OP is just going to try and con his way out of this now so I'm off to have a laugh at the Jamie Murphy thread:D

iaatpies
Adam was going nowhere with Rangers. His conditioning for a professional sportsman was terrible and at times he displayed a really poor attitude. He's done well since leaving Rangers but perhaps thats down in no small part to the effect of being punted from one of the biggest clubs in the land? He's a star for a small club in a big league where theres far less expectation on him and far less of the dangers of believing he'd made it just because he was playing for the Gers first team.

MCLACHLAN1
Samir Nasri articles on Google.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=samir+nasri+winger&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&redir_esc=&ei=kie7TNvzF8yy4QayrvCRDg

WINGER.

clubdeckg
17-10-2010, 17:47
He's not even in the top 20

Care Bear_1873

It's my opinion.

What a stupid comment how would you no this? Do you no every poster on this forum?

You sound about 15 years old.

BlueKidG
Stop posting.

Seriously.

It's my opinion.

im with him on this one.

nasri is a wide player.

CertifiedWeissfanboy
http://wemebread.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/s_marmite.jpg

CertifiedWeissfanboy
17-10-2010, 17:48
im with him on this one.

nasri is a wide player.

Yes, at Marseille. All his best football for Arsenal has mainly came from playing in the 'Fabregas role'. Even Wenger acknowledged it's where he plays best.

BlueKidG
17-10-2010, 17:48
i dont agree with mcmarmite here but lets keep it civilised, its his opinion surely he is entitled to it.

even if its wrong :p

Titch
17-10-2010, 17:49

He is probably away editing their Wikipedias like **** as we speak. :D

larrydavidloyal
17-10-2010, 17:49
Nasri is a better central midfielder than winger and he plays centre mid fairly often.

Impressing at a club where victory is demanded every week against teams that pack defences is an entirely different task to shining in games that no one expects you to do well in.

Adam's skills seem suited to playing in an underdog team. His decision-making, patience and ability to deal with pressure were not ideal for a big team.

IanDurrant10
17-10-2010, 17:50
This post and thread is a disgrace

One of the best, absolute joke

He clearly is the best ! Gerrard, Frankie Lamps, no chance its our charlie :-D

;)

TonyStarks
17-10-2010, 17:50
He'd score for fun up here .....

Baxter79
17-10-2010, 17:51

It's my opinion.

Thats my favourite line i have ever seen on FF,

Superb stuff seriously. :D

orange 'n' blue
17-10-2010, 17:52
Adam was going nowhere with Rangers. His conditioning for a professional sportsman was terrible and at times he displayed a really poor attitude. He's done well since leaving Rangers but perhaps thats down in no small part to the effect of being punted from one of the biggest clubs in the land? He's a star for a small club in a big league where theres far less expectation on him and far less of the dangers of believing he'd made it just because he was playing for the Gers first team.

Totally agree, but some fans will still blame the 'boo boys'. I'm afraid at Rangers that is what you get, we need to win every game and if you can't handle the pressure of that you should be at Blackpool.

Obstacle 1
17-10-2010, 17:53

http://www.google.co.uk/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=samir+nasri+winger&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&redir_esc=&ei=kie7TNvzF8yy4QayrvCRDg

WINGER.

For arguments case, which appears to be the point of this thread anyway, let's just say Nasri is a winger. That's still one from a list of about 20 and nowhere near the 'half' you claim it to be

david1982
17-10-2010, 17:54

fabregas

scholes

gerrard

lampard

essien

nasri

theres 6 of the top of my head

scotty parker is another

cameross
17-10-2010, 17:54

£500,000

Absolutly agree the biggest faux pas by the present management but not by PLG. In fairness to WS he would have been swayed by the boo boys at Ibrox (you know who you are), the same ones who are now giving our best player by a country mile abuse. Steven Davis . Why dont you boo boys just f off to where ever,I dont care but just f off:mad:

cameross
17-10-2010, 17:56
fabregas

scholes

gerrard

lampard

essien

nasri

theres 6 of the top of my head

scotty parker is another

Aye right Blackpool is playing a multi mil;lion team here!!!!!!!

swiss
17-10-2010, 17:56

haha that made me actually laugh out loud brilliant :)

larrydavidloyal
17-10-2010, 17:57

WINGER.

Bwahahahahaha

http://blog.bronto.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/old-school-the-movie-debate.png

david1982
17-10-2010, 17:58
Aye right Blackpool is playing a multi mil;lion team here!!!!!!!

what you on about? he asked for 6 better midfielders than adam i listed 7

cameross
Was sold probably more down to our desperate need to offload as opposed to his ability.

Why did we play him on the left? Bacause we had Barry Ferguson, Pedro Mendes, Steve Davis, and Kevin Thomson vying for CM positions, Davis had to make do with playing right.

No WS sold because of the boo boys at Ibrox!!!!!!!!

MCLACHLAN1
People just want to argue with my opinion rather than answer the question asked.

Let's just post central midfielders names that are good.

None have outclassed Charlie this season.

littlealex
17-10-2010, 18:00

£500,000

nonsense.

complete and utter.

cameross
what you on about? he asked for 6 better midfielders than adam i listed 7

I am on about the fact that you are talking P**h Wait untlil your super midfielders are playing a multi million team,!!"!!"

paisleyprod
This is highly amusing

GioVanB
17-10-2010, 18:01
100+ people viewing.

Job done.

Titch
People just want to argue with my opinion rather than answer the question asked.

Please address the list on post 39 and get back to us Marmite.

BlueKidG

that is a valid point.

IMO Adam will go to an everton, birmingham etc for £5m + after this season.

90minbear

£500,000

No it you that is the fanny. You fecking slaughtered the guy on match threads.. Fact you have slaughteered all our players. But you know BIG people in football. So it#s OK for You tp ne the FF expert.

david1982
17-10-2010, 18:02
I am on about the fact that you are talking P**h Wait untlil your super midfielders are playing a multi million team,!!"!!"

i still dont get what your on about

are you saying adam is as good or better than those i listed?

if so your either on drugs or are at the piss take

BdTS
17-10-2010, 18:02

£500,000

You really are full of glue MCLACHLAN.

He is doing very very well - no doubt about it.

But time and time again, he failed to produce and I wouldn't start him in front of any of our remaining Centre-Mids.

We NEEDED rid of him as he was on a relatively high wage and contributing little to the team, which is why he went cheaply.

Teams who are being ordered to sell by the bank get buttons for their players, hence why his fee was so low.

larrydavidloyal
17-10-2010, 18:04

Mikel, Ramires and Essien certainly did.

Loves To Spooge

£500,000

http://media.photobucket.com/image/shit%20thread/HiTeck1979/OmenShitThread-1.jpg

keppochbear
the boy had another good game today ,showed a good range of passing unlucky with his free kick ,mix it abit in the middle of the park ,certainly boosting his reputation

MCLACHLAN1
17-10-2010, 18:06
No it you that is the fanny. You fecking slaughtered the guy on match threads.. Fact you have slaughteered all our players. But you know BIG people in football. So it#s OK for You tp ne the FF expert.

You telling lies ??? Just for effect

I have not slagged every single
Player.

I have criticised players at times.

This is a forum and I believe it is a place for people opinions.

There are 2/3 players I do not rate and never will .

What this has to do with my opinion I'm not entirely sure.

But no doubt the usual suspects will be along to back you up.

Probably the desired effect you were after

Bobster
17-10-2010, 18:08

It's my opinion.

Nasri himself was in the papers saying that he wants a more central role because he isn't a winger.

In fact, he's Arsenal's very own Charlie Adam!

gilday
17-10-2010, 18:08
Best player on the park today !

derek28
17-10-2010, 18:09
Giggs plays centrally as much as he does on the wing and Nasri's best/natural position is at centre mid. Get a grip, FFS.

He actually said himself he would rather play central but plays left for Arsenal and he has been there for 3 years. So I have to agree with the OP he doesn't play central unless fabregas is injured.

coisty36
17-10-2010, 18:10
Jamie redknapp has just said his left foot is a magic wand, good luck to him,

BlueKidG
17-10-2010, 18:10

There are 2/3 players I do not rate and never will .

strange comment mate.

King William
17-10-2010, 18:11
Adam always had bags of ability, only problem was he usually left it in the dressing room when he played for us.

Fair play to him, he has made a fantastic impact for Blackpool since his move and although not one of the best he is certainly not one of the worse midfielders in the EPL.

Baxter79
17-10-2010, 18:12
Jamie Redknapp would probably agree with this,

He raves about Adam at any opportunity he is away again, left foots a wand, ran the midfield and should have been MOTM, i have to agree with the MOTM part from Jamie he was immense today.

driverboyne
i would rather have adam than barry.

larrydavidloyal
He actually said himself he would rather play central but plays left for Arsenal and he has been there for 3 years. So I have to agree with the OP he doesn't play central unless fabregas is injured.

That's irrelevant though. When he has played central midfield, which has been often as Fabregas is made of glass, he is a much better one than Adam.

Bobster

Well, this is a slightly different point IMO.

There's holding your own against the best and then there's actually being the best.

MMVII
17-10-2010, 18:13

WINGER.

The Arsenal midfielder Samir Nasri has been in brilliant form for Arsenal this season, but thinks he could be an even better player if Arsene Wenger let him play down the centre instead of his usual position for the Gunners on the wing.

The French coach Laurent Blanc gave Nasri a more central role as France beat Romania 2-0 to put their Euro 2012 Qualifying campaign back on track, and Nasri was widely hailed as the star of the show.

Nasri said after the game: “That’s where I play best, that’s how I was formed. In every age group at youth level, I often played through the middle.

“I’ve been playing out wide for two years with Arsenal but feel more at ease in the centre of the pitch.”

ibroxclubworshipper
17-10-2010, 18:17
Charlie Adam is the kind of player every team needs. He has vision, tries stuff out of the ordinary and has an absolute wand of a left foot. I always thought he didnt have the pace to play out left.

Shame he couldnt fulfil his potential as a centre midfielder with us

bobby1873
17-10-2010, 18:19
Every fecking week? Really?

Playing for Blackpool (even in the EPL) & p,laying for Rangers are 2 entirely different things.
Charlie Adam had his chance at Rangers & didn't take it, end of story!

MCLACHLAN1
17-10-2010, 18:20
Well me and Jamie redknapp agree so that's something.

larrydavidloyal
17-10-2010, 18:21

Jamie Redknapp is a bit of a retard though so I wouldn't hold onto that too much.

Loves To Spooge
17-10-2010, 18:22

do you txt him or chat with him on your iPad? :ninja:

MCLACHLAN1
17-10-2010, 18:22
Jamie Redknapp is a bit of a retard though so I wouldn't hold onto that too much.

Next to Neil McCann he is my fav pundit.:)

And he likes the Bears

Earth Worm Jim
17-10-2010, 18:24
he's an average player in an average team

he wouldnt get a game for us , not now, and not anytime in the near future

to call him one of the best in the EPL is utterly laughable

Loves To Spooge
Next to Neil McCann he is my fav pundit.:)

And he likes the Bears

he talks shit at times but so do most.

I dont mind redknapp atall though if im being honest.

cjayn94
Another good display for him today.

Gio Van Bronckhorst
17-10-2010, 18:25
He's certainly made an impression at Blackpool.

The abuse he got was over the top and was never as unfit or fat as folk on here made out. He might have found his level at a club like Blackpool where theresno real pressure and isnt likely to have people turn on him. Certainly a confidence player.

From what I have saw of him this season he would be first choice in our midfield no problem.

Rotterdam Loyal
17-10-2010, 18:26
Good performance today.

Mark Hateley
17-10-2010, 18:30
In fairness, the other side of the coin is that the Premiership is really over-rated.

If Adam can become good and he was garbage with us, shows me that the above statement isnt far off the mark.

Playing well for them right enough and long may it continue.

Mark Hateley
17-10-2010, 18:34
He's certainly made an impression at Blackpool.

The abuse he got was over the top and was never as unfit or fat as folk on here made out. He might have found his level at a club like Blackpool where theresno real pressure and isnt likely to have people turn on him. Certainly a confidence player.

From what I have saw of him this season he would be first choice in our midfield no problem.

Gio, if he wasnt pulling his weight (pardon the pun :D) he deserves to be the subject of critism that he recieved on here afterall we pay his wages and deserve more from our players.

The games he played well in overlooked the poor games he was in.

He will never be known as a player who set the heather alight, his goals against scum and Levorno were probably the highlight.

Gio Van Bronckhorst
17-10-2010, 18:35
In fairness, the other side of the coin is that the Premiership is really over-rated.

If Adam can become good and he was garbage with us, shows me that the above statement isnt far off the mark.

Players can improve though.

Boughera was no world beater at Charlton, Cuellar at Osasuna, Morientes was shite for Liverpool, Shvchenko at Chelsea.

Sometimes a player and club just arent suited.

Gio Van Bronckhorst
17-10-2010, 18:40
Gio, if he wasnt pulling his weight (pardon the pun :D) he deserves to be the subject of critism that he recieved on here afterall we pay his wages and deserve more from our players.

He will never be known as a player who set the heather alight, his goals against scum and Levorno were probably the highlight.

Absoloutley mate but Adam just had to walk towards the ball and people were ready to give him stick.

A guy in the club deck was going mental at Adam saying all you do is pass the ball 5 yards :confused: If anything he was more guilty of going for the Hollywood pass each time I thought. Said guy was wearing a shirt with Ferguson and 6 on the back irony is wasted on some people :roll:

He was no world beater but wasnt the disaster fans made him out to be.

uddingstonbluenose
Fabregas
Essien
Song - No
Diaby - No
Nasri
Denilson - No
Scholes
Gibson - No
Fletcher - No
Lampard
Obi Mikel - Not even close
Barry
Yaya Toure
De Jong
Silva - Winger
Giggs - Winger
Carrick
Ramires
Scholes

Russell_Nash
Charlie Adam

you either love him or you hate him

CertifiedWeissfanboy
17-10-2010, 18:42
Fabregas
Essien
Song - No
Diaby - No
Nasri
Denilson - No
Scholes
Gibson - No
Fletcher - No
Lampard
Obi Mikel - Not even close
Barry
Yaya Toure
De Jong
Silva - Winger
Giggs - Winger
Carrick
Ramires
Scholes

So, so ridiculous. You're basically saying he'd walk into the Arsenal team. Charlie Adam is a better player than Alex Song, Abou Diaby and Denilson? F*ck me. Lay off the drugs, pal.

cameross
17-10-2010, 18:42
strange comment mate.

You are right It is a strange comment. Does he mean that no matter how good CA is he will not change his mind Plonker

hazybear
17-10-2010, 18:43

Is it?????

I think his performances prove otherwise.

Still, why let actual facts get in the way of your opinion.

cameross
17-10-2010, 18:45
Players can improve though.

Boughera was no world beater at Charlton, Cuellar at Osasuna, Morientes was shite for Liverpool, Shvchenko at Chelsea.

Sometimes a player and club just arent suited.

No I think that Charlie Adams and some of our support were not suited and that is not good enough!!

cameross
17-10-2010, 18:46
So, so ridiculous. You're basically saying he'd walk into the Arsenal team. Charlie Adam is a better player than Alex Song, Abou Diaby and Denilson? F*ck me. Lay off the drugs, pal.

How long, Iwonder, will it be until you are on the back of Weiss

Davieblue777
17-10-2010, 18:47
thought he played well today again

Earth Worm Jim
17-10-2010, 18:48
Is it?????

yes, to call him one of the best is utterly laughable.

cameross
17-10-2010, 18:48

Criticism yes! Booing NO!!!

berkshiretrueblue
17-10-2010, 18:50
perhaps Adam was at Rangers at teh wrong time! When he wasplayed he was deployed wide left which is not a role that suits him. He was also at he club at the same time as Ferguson who was 'undropable' and unfortunately Adam did not get any chance from either the Club or the support to show what he could do through the middle.

The embarrassment for Rangers was that we only got £500k for him but we need to look forward and not backwards.

cameross
17-10-2010, 18:50

He was not garbage with us. That is obviously in your mind - put there by who????????????????????

david1982
17-10-2010, 18:51
No I think that Charlie Adams and some of our support were not suited and that is not good enough!!

tell you what i think

i think your a rabid tim who is on this thread to spout utter mince to get a reaction from people, ive yet to see a post from you that makes one iota of sense

sirdrinksalot
17-10-2010, 18:52

Thats extremely harsh, but fair :D

cameross
17-10-2010, 18:53

An average team?? Do you really believe that Rangers would have done better? Ah right we are average too?

ally12259
17-10-2010, 18:54
The resident drama Queen at it again :roll:

So people name players better than Charlie, so you change the question to none have outclassed him. :roll: What about the centre midfielders at Arsenal and Chelsea who both pumped Blackpool? Stop changing your point of argument when others offer players who are better

It's my opinion.

Bwhahahaha. You know that?? :clap: :dance: :clap: :dance:

plisko
charlie adam is a quality player rangers will be sorry we let him go he is best played as behind a striker he is one of many young players held back at rangers time rangers hired good quality coaches at the youth set up

sirdrinksalot
Is it?????

It's not an actual fact though that Adam is one of the best midfielders in the EPL, there are several who are far better and there several more still who are in a different stratosphere to Chaz.

Earth Worm Jim
17-10-2010, 18:56
An average team?? Do you really believe that Rangers would have done better? Ah right we are average too?

i dont get yourr point:confused:

Rangers piss all over Blackpool in virtually every aspect

cameross
17-10-2010, 18:58
tell you what i think

i think your a rabid tim who is on this thread to spout utter mince to get a reaction from people, ive yet to see a post from you that makes one iota of sense

How dare you!!

I was supporting Rangers long beforeyou were born twat!! No wonder players like Steven Davis are pi**ed off with some our fans if you are anything to go by

i have to read what you think but Iam not allowed an opinion
:mad:

david1982
17-10-2010, 18:58

mate, ive been trying to work out this wopper for nearly 2 hours

i wouldnt bother tbh

david1982
17-10-2010, 18:59
How dare you!!

I was supporting Rangers long beforeyou were born twat!! No wonder players like Steven Davis are pi**ed off with some our fans if you are anything to go by

your not posting an opinion though

you are just disagreeing and waffling general pish which no one can make sense of

cameross
17-10-2010, 19:00

How do you know that The only way to find out is to play them

Manchester City did not actually piss all over Blackpool Are you saying that we are better than Man City?

cameross
17-10-2010, 19:02
your not posting an opinion though

you are just disagreeing and waffling general pish which no one can make sense of

What??? Of course I am posting an opinion, obviously one that you dont like!!!!!!!!! and of course if you cannot make sense of it then that is your problem!!:D

ally12259
17-10-2010, 19:02
How dare you!!

Maybe if you made sense in your posts now and again, that might help people think you actually are a Rangers fan and not a rabid fenian bastard!

Jimmy Mac
17-10-2010, 19:03
Think the title should include on current form cos as it stands just now he is playing great.
Why all the hate for the OP though? It's only an opinion ffs

wjm796
Adam, Broadfoot,Naismith,Lafferty,McGregor and many others show how OTT people can go about a players ability one way or another. All the above got stick at times and have fought very hard to proove the people who were very happy to have a go at them wrong.

Earth Worm Jim
How do you know that The only way to find out is to play them

Manchester City did not actually piss all over Blackpool Are you saying that we are better than Man City?

what?:confused::confused::confused::confused:

dunny
17-10-2010, 19:04
http://www.contractortalk.com/attachments/f11/23006d1252547882-reminder-oh_shit_not_again.jpg

cameross
17-10-2010, 19:05
Every fecking week? Really?

Playing for Blackpool (even in the EPL) & p,laying for Rangers are 2 entirely different things.
Charlie Adam had his chance at Rangers & didn't take it, end of story!

No Charlie Adams did notget a chance playing for Rangers in his position, end of story!!

Earth Worm Jim
17-10-2010, 19:06
No Charlie Adams did notget a chance playing for Rangers in his position, end of story!!

because we have better players?

cameross
17-10-2010, 19:06
what?:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Are you?? Do you have a problem with the English language?:confused::confused::confused::confused:: confused::confused::confused::confused:

cameross
17-10-2010, 19:08
because we have better players?

Like who before we spent money on players this season

Earth Worm Jim
17-10-2010, 19:08
Are you?? Do you have a problem with the English language?:confused::confused::confused::confused:: confused::confused::confused::confused:

with your postings, I certainly have difficulty understanding, as do many others it would seem.

ally12259
17-10-2010, 19:09

Because we had better players in that position namely Ferguson, Davis, Mendes Thomson etc. Is that too hard to understand? :roll:

sirdrinksalot
17-10-2010, 19:10

Charlie ADAM had plenty of chances playing for Rangers, he was outstanding in some games and woeful in the majority of games he did play. He was not consistent enough to play regularly for Rangers end of story.

Earth Worm Jim
17-10-2010, 19:11

ferguson
thomson
hemdani
mendes
davis

to name a few

cameross
Adam, Broadfoot,Naismith,Lafferty,McGregor and many others show how OTT people can go about a players ability one way or another. All the above got stick at times and have fought very hard to proove the people who were very happy to have a go at them wrong.

No I am sorry you are wrong there, even Walter had to appeal to the fans to stop booing Adams/ Who knows whowill be next/ Can I suggest Davis or maybe Lafferty

wjm796

Charlie Adam leavings came about because of a number of things.

He didn't perform to the level needed or expected often enough.
He was regularaly played out of position.
At the time he was with us we had better options in his position.
He was by the looks of it poorly managed.
The one time he was managed correctly from looking at it, he and others chucked the chance away (if you believe rumours)
He is at a team where it is build around his performance
More importantly he is a few years older and has learned to pick a better option.

Adam wasn't unfairly chased from Rangers it made sense for him to leave (I was and am an Adam fan)

The daft thing was what the club sold him for, a shocking, shocking bit of business.

For what its worth why the f*ck is Marmite starting a thread praisng a Rangers player I bet he hated Adam when he was with us.:roll:

ally12259

The season Charlie went to Blackpool on loan we had Ferguson, Mendes, Thomson, Davis, Hemdani, Edu. Steven Davis couldn't even get a game in CM. Is that really too hard to understand?

wjm796
17-10-2010, 19:14
No I am sorry you are wrong there, even Walter had to appeal to the fans to stop booing Adams/ Who knows whowill be next/ Can I suggest Davis or maybe Lafferty

He was booed by a minority the same minority who abuse the other players I have mentioned in my post, my point was that they players have proven the people who chose to slag them to be wrong.

The lesson to be learned should be, support our players and stop letting a petty grudge about them be repeated time and time again.

Vidmar
17-10-2010, 19:15
PLG was covering Blackpool's recent game ( against Utd I think) for Canal and made a point of seeking Adam out pre-match and congratulating him on his success.

Adam wasn't a player who fell foul of Le Guen.

cameross
17-10-2010, 19:15
Charlie Adam leavings came about because of a number of thing.

He didn't perform to the level needed or expected often enough.
He was regularaly played out of position.
At the time he was with us we had better options in his position.
He was by the looks of it poorly managed.
The one time he was managed correctly from looking at it, he and others chucked the chance away (if you believe rumours)
He is at a team where it is build around his performance
More importantly he is a few years older and has learned to pick a better option.

Adam wasn't unfairly chased from Rangers it made sense for him to leave (I was and am an Adam fan)

The daft thing was what the club sold him for, a shocking, shocking bit of business.

For what its worth why the f*ck is Marmite starting a thread prasing a Rangers player I bet he hated Adam when he was with us.:roll:

At last a post that makes some sense. I realise that we cannot agree on everything but booing Rangers players playing for us, I cannot and will not tolerate and you can call be a tim if you like, that just shows how ignorant some of our "FANS" are i know Isit beside some of them:mad:

cameross
17-10-2010, 19:20
Because we had better players in that position namely Ferguson, Davis, Mendes Thomson etc. Is that too hard to understand? :roll:

Dont you patronise me I understand everything about Rangers and some of the players you mention came in after Charlie Adams. I watched him regularly in the games for the reserves and he stood out there Did you???

larrydavidloyal
Can I just point out that Rangers actually did play, and defeat Manchester City the last time we played them. Regardless of the importance of the match, it's the only evidence on that silly little side argument that's going on....

wjm796
At last a post that makes some sense. I realise that we cannot agree on everything but booing Rangers players playing for us, I cannot and will not tolerate and you can call be a tim if you like, that just shows how ignorant some of our "FANS" are i know Isit beside some of them:mad:

It is , at times, only a natural reaction the fans will moan and groan when, for example, Adam pings a pass 40 yards to no where. Even though at times it was done with the right idea of trying to open a game up.

Some fans never seem to educated themselves. It is starting to show in Europe when our fans now buy into what Walter is trying to do.

Hopefully the growth of some of our players will show that it just takes time and maybe giving them a bit more support now and then would make a bit of a difference.

larrydavidloyal
Dont you patronise me I understand everything about Rangers and some of the players you mention came in after Charlie Adams. I watched him regularly in the games for the reserves and he stood out there Did you???

Not enough to work out his last name clearly.

Earth Worm Jim
17-10-2010, 19:22

whats watching him in the reserves got to do with this?:confused:

cameross
17-10-2010, 19:22
with your postings, I certainly have difficulty understanding, as do many others it would seem.

Well it seems to me that he have quite a few idiots on this board Do not patronise me.

You sound like one of the many boo boys that we have at Ibrox

cameross
17-10-2010, 19:23
whats watching him in the reserves got to do with this?:confused:

i give up on you You feally are thick!

rosstheger
Haha.

What utter nonsense.

Earth Worm Jim
Well it seems to me that he have quite a few idiots on this board Do not patronise me.

you trying awfy hard to prove your supporting credentials:confused:

realger34
Lampard gerrard fabregas huddlestone scholes essien ya ya toure arteta need i go on

Yes, because there is plenty more:D

larrydavidloyal
PLG was covering Blackpool's recent game ( against Utd I think) for Canal and made a point of seeking Adam out pre-match and congratulating him on his success.

Did Le Guen play Adam in centre mid? I remember an ill-advised left back experiment against Zenit but exactly his regular position in the midfield that well.

cameross
17-10-2010, 19:24
Not enough to work out his last name clearly.

Oh deary me This is beginning to read like Kerryvale Street

ally12259

Charlie's best, and most consistent season for us was under PLG. He looked like a kid with potential to be a good footballer. Sadly for us, he wasn't given enough chances in his favoured position to improve as a footballer. This was due to a multitude of reasons, namely there being better players at the time in his position.

I am glad he has shown how good a footballer he is. Though, unlike the OP I don't think he is one of the best midfielders in the EPL :D

larrydavidloyal

Any chance of you reading your own posts before clicking "Submit Reply"?

ah_mr_hutton
17-10-2010, 19:26

I wouldn't use the word idiot, particularly as you appear to have a poor command of grammar, punctuation and the ability to spell players' names correctly.

larrydavidloyal
Oh deary me This is beginning to read like Kerryvale Street

Well I wouldn't know about that. Unlike some, it appears.

cameross
you trying awfy hard to prove your supporting credentials:confused:

Not at all I really do not have to. I do not have to prove anything to you.
I know what I am, do you know what you are?

wjm796
17-10-2010, 19:27
Did Le Guen play Adam in centre mid? I remember an ill-advised left back experiment against Zenit but exactly his regular position in the midfield that well.

Adam and his performances, like others, went rapidly down hill when Le Guen was with us IMO.

si72
17-10-2010, 19:28

who is this charlie adams and when did he play for Rangers?:roll:

53easy
17-10-2010, 19:28
Charlie's best, and most consistent season for us was under PLG. He looked like a kid with potential to be a good footballer. Sadly for us, he wasn't given enough chances in his favoured position to improve as a footballer. This was due to a multitude of reasons, namely there being better players at the time in his position.

I am glad he has shown how good a footballer he is. Though, unlike the OP I don't think he is one of the best midfielders in the EPL :D

Adam performances improved when Smith took over that season

JSM
17-10-2010, 19:29
He was not polished enough to take a central berth away from anyone we had in there at the time. The guy's come on leaps and bounds since leaving us. I predict a reasonably big transfer fee to a mediocre mid table club, followed by years in the doldrums. If he has the balls to stay at Blackpool if they can stay up then I think he could do well.

I like how it is black or white with some FF posters Legend/Guff nae in-between!

Vidmar
17-10-2010, 19:30
Le Guen gave Adam his first start and Charlie responded by setting up both goals in a 2-1 win at Fir Park. He then went onto score fifteen goals that season, including two in the UEFA Cup. The following season he was hardly used early on but still scored twice in the CL.

He clearly had a lot of talent and despite handing him a five-year deal, sold him less than a year into it. Very odd.

ally12259

All of those players I mentioned were at Rangers during season 2008/09 when Charlie was loaned out to Blackpool. :roll:

No I never watched Charlie Adams play for the reserves, and I seriously doubt you did.

cameross
Well I wouldn't know about that. Unlike some, it appears.

Well you know, I go to Ibrox every home game (used to go to all of the away games but I am getting on a bit) I take my grandsons with me and tell them that We are the People but after some of the quotes on this thread I really do wonder whether I should bother . It seems to me that if I do not agree with some of you, I am a tim. You feally are idiots

larrydavidloyal
17-10-2010, 19:32
Adam and his performances, like others, went rapidly down hill when Le Guen was with us IMO.

From Le Guen's first game where Adam was superb, then yes.

But Adam got 15 goals or so that season, he most have still had an impressive haul for a rookie while PLG was here...

cameross
17-10-2010, 19:33
All of those players I mentioned were at Rangers during season 2008/09 when Charlie was loaned out to Blackpool. :roll:

No I never watched Charlie Adams play for the reserves, and I seriously doubt you did.

Why would you seriously doubt that I did. You know some of you on this thread are enough to make me stop posting on this forum You are a disgrace

jdm1873
17-10-2010, 19:34
I wasnt the biggest fan of adam and probably it was best for both parties that he moved on. The price however was a bit of a joke.

On the official English FA Premiership Fantasy Football he currently lies 3rd with 45 points behind Nani and Malouda.

cameross
17-10-2010, 19:36
who is this charlie adams and when did he play for Rangers?:roll:

Is gthat the best you can do?

ally12259
17-10-2010, 19:37

If you are going to have a go about PLG's failings at least use some facts. Charlie Adam had played 4 games in total for Rangers before PLG came in.

wjm796
17-10-2010, 19:37
From Le Guen's first game where Adam was superb, then yes.

But Adam got 15 goals or so that season, he most have still had an impressive haul for a rookie while PLG was here...

That is true and perhaps the mood around the camp and performances around the team didn't help either.

Adam looked energetic, quick and direct then.

Even today when he was "the best player in the world" he doesn't look the player he did during Le Guens first few games IMO.

cameross
17-10-2010, 19:38
I wouldn't use the word idiot, particularly as you appear to have a poor command of grammar, punctuation and the ability to spell players' names correctly.

Deary me Mr Perfect

wjm796
17-10-2010, 19:38
If you are going to have a go about PLG's failings at least use some facts. Charlie Adam had played 4 games in total for Rangers before PLG came in.

I should have worded my post better, I meant from Adams early season performances.

I have no reason to have a go at Le Guen.

ally12259
17-10-2010, 19:40
Why would you seriously doubt that I did. You know some of you on this thread are enough to make me stop posting on this forum You are a disgrace

Charlie Adam is the player you would have watched playing for the reserves. Charlie Adams played for Killie :D

I am a disgrace for saying that all the players I mentioned were better than Charlie Adam and that they were at Rangers during seaons 2008/09 when Charlie was loaned to Blackpool? :confused:

waffoibiza
17-10-2010, 19:40
I find it hard to compare Charlie Adam now to the Charlie Adam that played for us due to a number of circumstances including:
Pressure on him (lots more pressure with us so less mistakes can be accepted)
Team mates ability around him (we were not dependent on him to make something happen as we had better players, everything goes through him at Blackpool)
Fans (his 1st pass for us determined how he was going to play that day if it went t*ts up then so did his game, with Blackpool there is no such pressure on him.
Posistion (He very rarely got a game in the central midfield holding role due to as rightly said by others better players in the team, with Blackpool he is the 1st name on the team sheet in that posistion.

Looking back Charlie did some good things and some not so good things with us however what no one can doubt is that he has showed character and established himself as a EPL midfielder. Enjoyed his performance and the performance of his team today and if they continue to play in that manner they will no doubt survive their first season in the EPL.

cameross
17-10-2010, 19:41
Can I just point out that Rangers actually did play, and defeat Manchester City the last time we played them. Regardless of the importance of the match, it's the only evidence on that silly little side argument that's going on....

In a friendly Was there watched it You are beginning to soundlike the tims v
Man Utd

larrydavidloyal
17-10-2010, 19:42
Well you know, I go to Ibrox every home game (used to go to all of the away games but I am getting on a bit) I take my grandsons with me and tell them that We are the People but after some of the quotes on this thread I really do wonder whether I should bother . It seems to me that if I do not agree with some of you, I am a tim. You feally are idiots

Man up, you are the one that mentioned "Kerryvale St". I really doubt anyone that has Grandkids is that much of a pushover that a bit of abuse on an internet forum is going to alter your life.

If it does though, hopefully it encourages you to put some effort into your spelling. And stop calling others idiots until you prove yourself not to be one.

sirdrinksalot
17-10-2010, 19:43
Le Guen gave Adam his first start and Charlie responded by setting up both goals in a 2-1 win at Fir Park. He then went onto score fifteen goals that season, including two in the UEFA Cup. The following season he was hardly used early on but still scored twice in the CL.

He clearly had a lot of talent and despite handing him a five-year deal, sold him less than a year into it. Very odd.

He played well at Fir Park that day, that much is true, he was however completely ineffective the following week at Ibrox and that inconsistency summed Charlie up.

cameross
Charlie Adam is the player you would have watched playing for the reserves. Charlie Adams played for Killie :D

I am a disgrace for saying that all the players I mentioned were better than Charlie Adam and that they were at Rangers during seaons 2008/09 when Charlie was loaned to Blackpool? :confused:

No you are a disgrace for the manner in which you ae speaking to a fellow Rangers fan

ally12259
I should have worded my post better, I meant from Adams early season performances.

I have no reason to have a go at Le Guen.

Fair enough, I though Charlie was consistent all through the season, probably the most consistent out of everyone. the whole standard of football increased when Walter took over, I grant you that. But after that season, Charlie was never given a run at CM due to us having better players in that position.

cameross
17-10-2010, 19:46
Man up, you are the one that mentioned "Kerryvale St". I really doubt anyone that has Grandkids is that much of a pushover that a bit of abuse on an internet forum is going to alter your life.

If it does though, hopefully it encourages you to put some effort into your spelling. And stop calling others idiots until you prove yourself not to be one.

I have nothing to prove. Spelling is unimportant but manners are! You my dear friend have none. You would never never alter my life but I have to say you have altered my faith in humanity

ally12259
17-10-2010, 19:46
No you are a disgrace for the manner in which you ae speaking to a fellow Rangers fan

I am a disgrace? :D

Awe, are your feelings hurt by someone not agreeing with you? :(:D

AnglianBear
17-10-2010, 19:47
For once, I agree with you OP. There were many reasons for Adams perceived "inconsistincey" whilst playing for us.

1. The boo boys were on his back from day 1. If a corner didnt reach its man, or he tried a pass that didnt come off, they wouldnt leave him alone (his Dad alledgedly stopped coming to Ibrox because of the abuse his son was getting)

2. Continually played out of position.

3. When not played out of position he was benched, therefore like another player who is playing out of his Scottish skin right now, didnt get a run of games.

Adam proved during the PLG era how good he was for us. He played through the middle for a lot of those games and was absolustely fantastic. There is a myth around here that he didnt do it at Rangers. He did it when the conditions were right - correct position, fans not getting on his back (if we got an early goal they always relax).

The best £500k Holloway will ever spend as a manager.

larrydavidloyal
17-10-2010, 19:48
In a friendly Was there watched it You are beginning to soundlike the tims v
Man Utd

Aye, ok then. Twice you've inferred that I'm a Tim.

Learn how to type you balloon.

Adam was not a fit at Rangers. He wasn't made of stern enough stuff, I'd never boo him but I have no sympathy for him, he had his chances and was not a young boy when people were getting on his back.

I'm glad to see him doing well now, perhaps he's a potential Ranger in the future if he maintains high standards he's showing at the moment.

rayrangers
17-10-2010, 19:49

£500,000

Pure fantasy!:D

53easy
17-10-2010, 19:50
For once, I agree with you OP. There were many reasons for Adams perceived "inconsistincey" whilst playing for us.

1. The boo boys were on his back from day 1. If a corner didnt reach its man, or he tried a pass that didnt come off, they wouldnt leave him alone (his Dad alledgedly stopped coming to Ibrox because of the abuse his son was getting)

3. When not played out of position he was benched, therefore like another player who is playing out of his Scottish skin right now, didnt get a run of games.

Adam proved during the PLG era how good he was for us. He played through the middle for a lot of those games and was absolustely fantastic. There is a myth around here that he didnt do it at Rangers. He did it when the conditions were right - correct position, fans not getting on his back (if we got an early goal they always relax).

Yep when Adam had a bad game and he had plenty of course it was the fans fault

larrydavidloyal
17-10-2010, 19:51
I have nothing to prove. Spelling is unimportant but manners are! You my dear friend have none. You would never never alter my life but I have to say you have altered my faith in humanity

Aww diddums.

cameross
17-10-2010, 19:51
I am a disgrace? :D

Awe, are your feelings hurt by someone not agreeing with you? :(:D

Do not flatter yourself, sonny boy

graemebell
17-10-2010, 19:52
Think we're giving the resident football friend a bit of a rough deal here. Wouldn't say he was one of the best in the in the EPL but he's certainly starting to make a name for himself.

His range of passing and set pieces are up among the best in the EPL.

cameross
17-10-2010, 19:52
Aww diddums.

What a plonker!! How you are lowering yourself

CertifiedWeissfanboy
17-10-2010, 19:54

Says the man who is being torn to shreds by 4 separate posters. The only person lowering themselves is you.

Dunantblue
He is miles off being good enough to get into a best of EPL team? Maybe in the top 15-20 midfielders?

And no, it wasn't a faux pas. It wasn't working for the lad and to be honest I wouldn't swap him for any of our current first team midfielders.

sirdrinksalot

Your post is littered with inaccuracies, the boo boys were not on his back from day 1, that is a lie.

The continually played out of position myth amuses me no end. Charlie turned in some wonderful performances for us whilst being 'played out of position' he more than proved he could play there but his inconsistency and lack of fitness were his biggest enemy, he was good 1 game and poor for the next 2 or 3, he was infuriating.

AppleBear1976
17-10-2010, 19:55
MCLACHLAN.. are you tired slagging off Lafferty and are now having a go at the management team for something else??

cameross
17-10-2010, 19:57
Says the man who is being torn to shreds by 4 separate posters. The only person lowering themselves is you.

Who asked you? and how you make assumptions

ally12259
17-10-2010, 19:57
Do not flatter yourself, sonny boy

Bwhahahaha, you tell people to not patronise you then you try it yourself. :)

47blue
17-10-2010, 19:58

£500,000

Charlie Adam was always going to be a very good footballer,didn't work out for him at Ibrox,but the abuse he took from our so called supporters was disgraceful at times.No doubt they will find another scapegoat in due course

larrydavidloyal
He is miles off being good enough to get into a best of EPL team? Maybe in the top 15-20 midfielders?

And no, it wasn't a faux pas. It wasn't working for the lad and to be honest I wouldn't swap him for any of our current first team midfielders.

If he had stayed he would have been on the fringes limiting opportunities for Fleck, Naismith, Lafferty on the left, taking a decent wage and denying us 500K.

We wouldn't have got anything near 500k for him if had decided against a move. A win-win situation, a sell-on clause would have been nice. But Martin Bain can't get everything right...;)

swiss

you are coming across as a lunatic, just relax and take a deep breath ;)

smid7
17-10-2010, 19:59
This Charlie ADAMS guy, any relation to Fanny or Grizzly ?

Boab _spb
17-10-2010, 20:02
He's maybe one of the most in-form midfielders but on talent alone I wouldn't say hes was one of the best.

He was clearly worth a lot more than the 500k wee sold him for.

We all have our own opinion and mine is that if it had not been for us having other players in that position he would have made it and proved to be one of the best prospects we have brought through in recent times.

He is playing in a much higher standard of league and standing out against some of the best players in the world, and I hope he earns a move to a bigger club as he seems to have put the effort in to develop and lose the weight!

Wee Dick's Hairnet
17-10-2010, 20:04
Couple of Liverpool fans phoned into 5 Live saying Mr Adams is exactly what they need in their midfield and that Shanky and Paisley would have had him signed by now.

Just my 2p worth.

cameross
17-10-2010, 20:08
you are coming across as a lunatic, just relax and take a deep breath ;)

Really do you know how you are coming across

larrydavidloyal
17-10-2010, 20:13
Couple of Liverpool fans phoned into 5 Live saying Mr Adams is exactly what they need in their midfield and that Shanky and Paisley would have had him signed by now.

Just my 2p worth.

Liverpool fans are all nutters though. And if Liverpool fans think that going back down the Scottish route is going to sort them out then they are even madder than I thought.

Boab _spb
17-10-2010, 20:14
This Charlie ADAMS guy, any relation to Fanny or Grizzly ?

What age are you 12?

ally12259
17-10-2010, 20:15
Really do you know how you are coming across

Better than you no doubt :D :)

JohnDarwinsCanoe
17-10-2010, 20:18
http://wemebread.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/s_marmite.jpg

Some people like that marmite though :angel:

cameross
17-10-2010, 20:22
Better than you no doubt :D :)
Dont think I was adressing you but going by what has gone before I am not surprised that you have answered:p

keachierfc
17-10-2010, 20:23
Am just glad the guy is doing well at blackpool playing with freedom of their midfield. Its good to see the guys that played for our club doing well especially charlie and barry

smid7
17-10-2010, 20:26
What age are you 12?

Aye big man, is that ok ?

Spit the Dog
17-10-2010, 20:30
Wish the lad luck

without a doubt he i a decent centre mid, and i would expect him to make his mark on the international stage.

Did we let him go for a silly price, nah....thats what we coud have got for him. remember, Thomo for the same price......thats the value and worth of the SPL lads

Was it good for us & him....probably

orange 'n' blue
17-10-2010, 20:36

You can add greats such as McCoist and Cooper to that as well but the difference is they realised the pressure of playing for Rangers and had the ability, mental strength and attitude to cope.

DM-WWTC
17-10-2010, 20:38

Gerrard, Fabregas, Lampard, Scholes, Arteta, Essien, Ramires...

Boab _spb
17-10-2010, 20:40
Aye big man, is that ok ?

Naw it's no

Boabmeister
17-10-2010, 20:41

£500,000

he was always a player that i rated.

always.:(:roll:

smid7
17-10-2010, 20:46
Naw it's no

Big Boab Y fae Saltcoats. Away an gies peace son

Boab _spb
17-10-2010, 20:58
Big Boab Y fae Saltcoats. Away an gies peace son

Haha aye your acting your age, he spelt the name wrong big deal.

bobby1873
17-10-2010, 21:00
I dont think anybody wishes Charlie anything but the best & the claims that the fans drove him out, that he wasn't given a chance, that he was on the verge of becoming some kind of superstar who would have run our midfield etc are clearly preposterous.

bobby1873
17-10-2010, 21:00
Haha aye your acting your age, he spelt the name wrong big deal.

You're.

:ninja:

TheWorks
17-10-2010, 21:06
Now I like people who think Adam is good, but I also like people who think he is crap.

But who is right, only one way to find out.

FIGHT!!!

gerz1873
17-10-2010, 21:11
Anyone who thinks that Charlie Adam is one of the best central midfielders in the EPL doesn't know a thing about football. Btw he is playing well but the OP is fishing with this thread